Closet shippers...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

katelovespirate
Do you ever find yourself secretly shipping for the other ship?

I know I do. Not consistently, but there are moments. Which I reckon is a good thing because that means the love triangle is legit- there are excellent arguments/moments for both sides. It's not an easy call. Eventually it comes down to personal taste i guess... the endless question of the pirate or the blacksmith... the scarred back or the scarred everywhere else... the swordsman or the seaman...

CaptinJackLover
i have only done that once....never again because i felt like a was cheating on JE's shipe or sumthing LOL i know sounds weird but seriously how i felt

katelovespirate
I do sometimes purely because I really respect Will's character, I think he's adorable, especially on the cannibal island. precious. generally i start secretly shipping for w/l because i feel bad for Will though, not because i think he and elizabeth really go well together. when i start thinking about true potential as a couple, i go back to the good old ship sparrabeth. smile

Hambah
Originally posted by katelovespirate
I do sometimes purely because I really respect Will's character, I think he's adorable, especially on the cannibal island. precious. generally i start secretly shipping for w/l because i feel bad for Will though, not because i think he and elizabeth really go well together. when i start thinking about true potential as a couple, i go back to the good old ship sparrabeth. smile

yeah, i know what you mean. he can be adorable. and i feel bad for him.

CaptinJackLover
i feel horrible for will...i rele feel truly deepply down sorry for him...but i never want him to be with Liz i honestly dont think he needs her....he deserves sumone who rele does love him and that will stay true to him. he doenst need that whore...no offence to her or anything but the only reaosn she wnated to get married was to get her freak on lol

mmoviejunkie
i feel bad for will sometimes, but i never root for them to be together

but i do believe you choose from who you like better:
JD or OB
and if you really dont care about them, then you choose from what you like best in guys:
bad boy vs. good boy

not for everyone maybe, but probably for the majority

evilm0nki3
Will needs a daddy

jack needs a wife-like person

big grin i dont think i have ever switched ships but i have jumped off the ship before thinking liz would be by herself.

katelovespirate
Originally posted by mmoviejunkie
i feel bad for will sometimes, but i never root for them to be together

but i do believe you choose from who you like better:
JD or OB
and if you really dont care about them, then you choose from what you like best in guys:
bad boy vs. good boy

not for everyone maybe, but probably for the majority

i'd agree with that for the majority. it comes down to personal taste i think, and where people are at in their lives. most people in a secure relationship probably long for a bit of excitement, while those tired of playing the field would see a serious commitment as a breath of fresh air.

and of course, who you identify most with. if you're a girl, do you identify with the Elizabeth who has die-hard morals, rock-solid ideals, and an unwavering commitment? or do you identify more with the Elizabeth who questions life and morality, who makes big mistakes, who is sometimes controlled by her libido, and can be really bitchy?

a few years ago i would have picked Elizabeth 1, hands down, and chosen my ship accordingly. life gets increasingly gray and complicated as you live in America too long. lol. wink

it's not an easy question. on the one hand, everyone wants to hold on to their ideals, and on the other hands, excitement and adventure are calling.

I had an experience with a man a while back who was intense, sensual, mysterious, adventurous, a blast to be around. every day was like a movie--- insane, wild, breathtaking. we fought all the time but it didn't matter. there was this soul connection there, we knew each other too well, too fast, and knew each other's weaknesses, exactly how to break each other down and exactly how to make each other the happiest we'd ever been. that's how I see Elizabeth and Jack.

and yeah, I'm past that stage in my life, it didn't last, it hurt like hell when it ended, blah blah blah. I'd still choose to go back for one more day if i could. that's the way i always imagined real romance.

Sometimes I long for someone I could count on without question, forever. but i get bored so fast in those situations. so i look at liz and go, she's never going to be able to truly value the good man Will is, and she's gonna get bored and chafe, so she should save them both the heartache.

but Will really is very deserving of a what he wants as well, so it's a shame he's set his sights on a girl who maybe doesn't fit with him the best, at least, thats what it looks like to me at this point in the films.

wow i just rambled a long time. haha. back to the conversation...

CaptinJackLover
Originally posted by evilm0nki3
Will needs a daddy

jack needs a wife-like person

big grin i dont think i have ever switched ships but i have jumped off the ship before thinking liz would be by herself.

i totally agree

and tha ALWAYS happens...i always jump off the ship and float in the water for awhile

Mistypirate
I used to on COTBP, But when I saw DMC my whole perspective changed.

Hambah
yeah same
i liked the idea of a j/e ship after dmc, but coming here totally made me a j/e shipper =]

savvysparrow
There are times actually when I wish the story would be about Norrington and Elizabeth. There's something so inherrently noble and appealing about Norrington's character. He's loved her so consistently and she's so oblivious to the fact. Maybe it's the Jane Austen fan in me. I'd almost like for her to marry him, and gradually fall in love. Alas, I know it's not meant to be, but my closet needed to be aired out.

PirateDiva
W0o0o0o0 Jack and Lizzie forever!!!!!! big grin

katelovespirate
Originally posted by savvysparrow
There are times actually when I wish the story would be about Norrington and Elizabeth. There's something so inherrently noble and appealing about Norrington's character. He's loved her so consistently and she's so oblivious to the fact. Maybe it's the Jane Austen fan in me. I'd almost like for her to marry him, and gradually fall in love. Alas, I know it's not meant to be, but my closet needed to be aired out.

I'm all with you on this. Very Austen. smile

SarahB
Originally posted by katelovespirate

mmm sme here i kno wat u mean

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.