Rush

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deano
Just wondered what you think of them, what your favourite songs were etc

i have started to get back into there music recently. i only heard a few of there songs before.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Deano
Just wondered what you think of them

A decent 70's band.

what your favourite songs were etc

"Best I Can."

Alpha Centauri
One of the best bands ever in term of musicianship, dab hands at the ol' songwriting also.

-AC

Pezmerga
Awesome band! Cygnus: Book II Hemispheres...etc. is my favorite song. More of my favorites are..
Natural Science
Xanadu
Resist
Red Barchetta...man too many to name actually.

papabeard
They are quite ludicrous but sporadically brilliant.

My favourite song is The Spirit of the Radio, in fact i'm listening to it right now.

The Core
Think they're one of the most important progressive groups ever. My exposure to them is limited, but "YYZ" is just as masterpiece. Predates a lot of today's prog sounds, and seems to have laid the groundwork for insane time signatures.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by papabeard
They are quite ludicrous but sporadically brilliant.

My favourite song is The Spirit of the Radio, in fact i'm listening to it right now.

Excellent song, and I really like the lyrics, which is odd considering I don't usually like Rush lyrics that much.

-AC

Leper_Messiah
Neil Peart is considered to be the best drummer by many critics and aside from that, he's a great lyricist. 2112 and Moving Pictures are spectacular albums as well.

Deathblow
I appreciate their significance and the massive influence they've had on a lot of the music I like, but I can't stand the vast majority of their material my self. My dad is a diehard fan, but he's never managed to convert me.

The Core
I was listening to "Working Man" a while ago. It's got a very Black Sabbath-esque structure to it.

SnakeEyes
I like this band.

Technically, these guys are brilliant, especially for a trio.

I have "Chronicles" and that's it, so I don't know all their work, but I've heard enough to for an opinion on them.

I can only take so much of Geddy Lee's voice.

BobbyD
Just wondered what you think of them, what your favourite songs were etc

i have started to get back into there music recently. i only heard a few of there songs before.

An underrated, incredibly talented band. And considering they generate what they can from just 3 people is amazing.

Gideon
Well, I personally consider Rush to be one of the most very talented bands in terms of musicianship, considering how there is only three of them. Peart is definately the most talented, in my opinion, an unparalleled drummer and an outstanding songwriter. Lifeson is one of the best guitarists out there, and Geddy Lee's keyboardist/bassist combination is amazing.

That said, I don't consider him a good singer at all (and most critics on planet Earth agree).

Swanky-Tuna
I likes them. Favorite songs are: The Trees, Red Sector A, and Natural Science.

Pezmerga
Their new Single "Far Cry" is up in it's Entirety at www.rush.com. Check it out.

Nellinator
Rush is sweet, good bass, good guitar, good drums, and great vocals. Keyboards is cool when they use it too.

My favourite song is probably Working Man.

Pezmerga
Working Man is amazing , especially Live.

Anyone get their new Album? Man I have to say on first listen I was a little ...confused about how I felt about it, but now I love it. There is a couple things I wish had been done differently , like More Lifeson Solos maybe? Yet Overall I think it is a great album and cannot wait till I get to drive up to Toronto to see them perform live!!!! Guys are in their mid to late 50's and still sound top notch.

Alpha Centauri
I really like it.

Mid-way I thought it was going to tail off, but after a couple of listens, it's really solid. The Main Monkey Business, despite the horrid title, is a phenomenal song. That will always be Rush at their best; lengthy instrumentals.

It could have been just another Rush album, which wouldn't have been a bad thing, but I think they've actually done something a bit different. It's nothing ultra stellar, but it's quite good, I like it.

-AC

~Flamboyant~
I've had limited exposure to Rush. However, from what I heard, I like. The singer's voice does get on my nerves though. The pro's outweigh the con's.

Tptmanno1
Neato,
good to hear the new album is still Rush quality.
I should pick it up, when I get the funds...

fanboy 1988
It's hard for me to pick which ones my fav
Limelight
Fly By Night
Tom Sawyer
Working man
there all great tunes.

Pezmerga
Originally posted by ~Flamboyant~
I've had limited exposure to Rush. However, from what I heard, I like. The singer's voice does get on my nerves though. The pro's outweigh the con's.

I love his voice lol he actually mellowed out alot on the new album, and I was sorta dissapointed, but its still good.

Imperial Logic
Lerxst, Dirk, and The Professor(/ Pratt)...;a band proving a way, so I would say. I would agree that they are rather underrated, greatly underrated to match their skill.
Geddy's voice is most certainly distinctly different from the first three albums, in the least.
(I kept a songlist from one of the Snakes and Arrows concerts, in case anyone was interested in this tour's lineup.)

amity75
I'd give up one of my testicles to have even half the musical ability of any member of Rush. I love them.

2D_MASTER
I love this band, my long standing favorite song has to "Subdivisions" ; love the music and the lyrics are awesome.

Deano
yeh subdivisions is my favourite song. love it

Pezmerga
Originally posted by Imperial Logic
Lerxst, Dirk, and The Professor(/ Pratt)...;a band proving a way, so I would say. I would agree that they are rather underrated, greatly underrated to match their skill.
Geddy's voice is most certainly distinctly different from the first three albums, in the least.
(I kept a songlist from one of the Snakes and Arrows concerts, in case anyone was interested in this tour's lineup.)

I am going to see them in Toronto! But I prefer to be surprised by the set list. Although I'm sure they will play the staples like Limelight,Working man, 2112, Spirit of Radio etc./

Imperial Logic
I will not say anything more than my one disappointment at the absence of a song, was Roll the Bones. I suppose its constant presence finally achieved the "no, no, I'm not gonna' play that song again, I don't care how much the fans want it, I'm not gonna' play it" category.
(Tom Sawyer was present, of course, though.)
(And, I actually get to see them again at Madison Square Garden!)

Pezmerga
Yeah, I am thinking of trying to see them in Europe too, As I am going there with my wife for a month before taking a transatlantic cruise through to carribean and to florida! So I will be having a busy autumn lol. ALso just bought tickets to the Arcade Fire...Man what is it with me wanting to see canadian music acts? lol Hey at least it's not Celine Dion or someone lol.

Imperial Logic
Indeed. My family will be visiting Europe as well, though not until next year, and if the present pattern of six months, to one year, to two years, to five years between albums persists (as is likely) we won't be touring abroad at the same time as the band. Though I suppose one could always take off to The Great White North for the next tour. That would be preferable, really.

Rogue Jedi
I never really liked them as a band, but I did like "Subdivisions" and "Tom sawyer."

papabeard
They are playing in glasgow in november i might be going, but its 50 clams a ticket.

pepperjeff
Great band! I like Limelight a lot, but it is all good for sure.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.