The One (Watcher) vs Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
The One seems more powerful then other Watchers he kicked Uata out of the Watchers.

The One- The Watchers are led by a Watcher known as the One, who is physically far, far larger than the other Watchers. The Watchers upload all the information they collect into the One, who serves as a repository for all data and records. Fantastic Four #400 (May 1995).

seaapple
I think of the Watchers as being on par with the Celestials, and both as being below Galactus. Galactus is an entity, on par with death and eternity. The others are extremely advanced, inscrutable, and powerful races, aware of and in touch with the goings on of those entities, but not on the same level.

golem370
No he is not. He more then a skyfather and less then an abstract

Galan007
But the watchers just observe and never interfere.... So how can we know what they are truly capable of?

golem370
Rogue Watcher interfered and Uata killed the Rogue Watcher thats why the One booted him out of the Watchers. He was powerful enough to do that. The One I believe is more powerful then Uata and when Uata and the Rogue Watcher fought it was causing after effects in different realities

golem370
Watchers are no joke.

The Weather God
I know this is canon but The MUA game said odin had the power to destroy all the watchers.

BTW how powerful is gaea? Would she be a good match for odin?

golem370
That was stupid

golem370
X-Men three made Juggernaut a mutant

The Weather God
Originally posted by golem370
That was stupid

They used alot of comic references in that game and it was not a stupid game IMHO.

X-Men three made Juggernaut a mutant

X-men 3 had nothing to do with Marvel Ultimate Alliance. confused

golem370
Watchers are on par with a Smaller Celestial and Odin Zeus and another Skyfather was helpless against a Celestial

The Weather God
Watchers are on par with a Smaller Celestial and Odin Zeus and another Skyfather was helpless against a Celestial

I think i know why they considered he could do it, but i'll spoil it for the people that haven't played it.

golem370
Because they wouldn't fight back?

The Weather God
Because they wouldn't fight back?

Spoiler do not read if you do not want to be spoiled

His powers were amplified when doom stole it from him.

seaapple
Galactus, being from a previous universe, is much older and experienced than even advanced races like the Celestials. I recall old storylines that presented Galactus as this non-ending hunger and as on par with the abstracts in status, if possibly not in power. Perhaps is is because of the fact that he is not from this universe, while the abstracts embody the basic make-up of this universe.

Anyway, if Watchers are on par with small celestials then The One could be on par with a larger Celestial.

manorastroman
the watchers are not on par with celestials. galactus is not on par with an abstract.

seaapple
I think the Watchers are on par with the Celestials. There are some good points made in this thread (among the jokes) referencing some Fantastic Four comic where the Watcher and Celestials fought:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=343983

manorastroman
there was that one run near four hundred in fantastic four, but i usually disregard that run, considering sue managed to breach exitar. does anybody remember when skyfathers from every earth pantheon combined their power and failed to get a lesser celestial to even NOTICE they had attacked?

so sue's forcefields are taht much greater than the combined attack of several skyfathers? hell, that version of the destroyer with the odinsword, all of asgard, and all the other earth pantheon's got his ass KICKED.

but sue can take it to exitar? riiiiiight. they half-explained it by saying that the celestials are allergic to hyperspace, which is in a way even stupider than not explaining it.

seaapple
As far as Galactus is concerned in Fantastic Four #262 there is a sequence where I believe Eternity said the Galactus is a force balancing itself and death. Also Galactus is spoken of as kin to those abstracts. Galactus is from the previous universe, but in his present incarnation he was born at the same time as those abstracts.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f8/GalactusImage.jpg

manorastroman
which is all true. but galactus in no way equals an abstract in POWER.

seaapple
Originally posted by manorastroman
there was that one run near four hundred in fantastic four, but i usually disregard that run, considering sue managed to breach exitar. does anybody remember when skyfathers from every earth pantheon combined their power and failed to get a lesser celestial to even NOTICE they had attacked?

so sue's forcefields are taht much greater than the combined attack of several skyfathers? hell, that version of the destroyer with the odinsword, all of asgard, and all the other earth pantheon's got his ass KICKED.

but sue can take it to exitar? riiiiiight. they half-explained it by saying that the celestials are allergic to hyperspace, which is in a way even stupider than not explaining it.

I guess the skyfathers should have coated their weapons with hyperspace butter... wink

seaapple
Originally posted by manorastroman
which is all true. but Galactus in no way equals an abstract in POWER.

Sounds reasonable, I am not sure about a pure power comparison when talking about Galactus at 100%, but for me it puts Galactus above Celestials and Watchers in power.

guy222
Originally posted by seaapple
I think of the Watchers as being on par with the Celestials, and both as being below Galactus. Galactus is an entity, on par with death and eternity. The others are extremely advanced, inscrutable, and powerful races, aware of and in touch with the goings on of those entities, but not on the same level.

The Celestials are far superior than the Watchers. That giant Watcher known as the One went done easily vs. Exitar. We have never seen Celestials at full power. FP Galactus if it happens=Eternity. Celestials are said to be Eternity's children. Also beyond the multiverse, who knows who they are.

Aqua-pimp
Big G is on par with al the other abstracts and as we all now the celestials and watchers are below abstract level..
The reason they put G up against the ff4 in the comics and let him lose..(What the f*ck???!!) is because of PISS of the highest order...
Man i cryed when i read that issue because it was a moment of crap the comic world had never seen before sad
I'f Galactus can lose against the fantastic four than Spiderman could lose to Captain America or the Hulk could lose to Batman there really ain't no stopping this.. sad
But any how the One loses to a piss-les well written all
abstracty like i-am-the-devourer-of-worlds-and-i-don't-take-any-crap badass G....and hard to

it's about god damn time someone gives the man his dignity back cool

golem370
It was said Galactus would become a Celestial one day. Celestials are anicent being from the previous universe as well. Watches are also from the previous universe because one was there when Galactus was born.

guy222
It was said Galactus would become a Celestial one day. Celestials are anicent being from the previous universe as well. Watches are also from the previous universe because one was there when Galactus was born.

Are u saying the Celestials and Watchers are old as Galactus? That Watcher u speak is Ecce, correct

King Kandy
Every single claim you just made is not factualy sound.

It was said Galactus would become a Celestial one day.
Where? I don't believe anything of the sort was confirmed.

Celestials are anicent being from the previous universe as well.
Only in Earth X.

Watches are also from the previous universe because one was there when Galactus was born.

Galan was living in the previous universe, and went through the cosmic egg, which formed a sort of "Vessel" around him where he metamorphosized. He landed on a planet (In the Current Universe) and hatched, hence the Birth of Galactus.

guy222
Galactus

Unnatural-POWER
Am i right in thinking Galactus is above any one watcher?

Bouboumaster
Galactus

guy222
Originally posted by Unnatural-POWER
Am i right in thinking Galactus is above any one watcher?

yes

Rewmac
Originally posted by Unnatural-POWER
Am i right in thinking Galactus is above any one watcher? Seems to be true, but I haven't seen what Watchers truly capable of but since they have a whole squad I guess Galactus is above them in power...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.