Favorite samurai anime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dirkdirden
Which is your favorite samurai anime
If not listed specify other

Kayne Archeron
i wouldn't exactly count Bleach as a samurai anime, that's like saying Advent Children was a samurai movie just because Sephiroth used a katana

Out of that list, i'd say Samurai Champloo or Ninja Scroll (movie)

dirkdirden
I put bleach in there becuase some of the people from the soul socity fight like samurai, and becuase it is popular.

Kayne Archeron
true, but i still stick with the Sephiroth point

Bleach is more of an occult anime

dirkdirden
Originally posted by Kayne Archeron
true, but i still stick with the Sephiroth point

Bleach is more of an occult anime

Well there is more that links bleach to a samurai anime than just the swords so comparing it to advent children is apples and oranges. So bleach stays on the list.

Kero_Co
I love kenshin, but I have to say Champloo. Those last 10 or so episodes really blew me away. Also, I'm eagerly anticipating Afro Samurai when it comes on spike in January.

Kayne Archeron
i wasn't comparing it to advent children, i was using advent children as a hypothetical comparison to samurai anime, but w/e

and i actually was half-expecting Afro Samurai on this list, but seeing as it's not out yet which SUCKS since they said it would be out during the freakin' Fall

Nicca
deeper kyo and ninja scroll mmm witch one to chose

jake hamoy
rurouni kenshin the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! simply because of all the samurai themed anime i encountered, this is the most realistic of all.

Nicca
true

Kenshinswife
I would have to say....Rurouni Kenshin...I enjoyed champloo...but it just was not as fulfilling as kenshin was. Rurouni kenshin was not only a bad ass but he was a kind hearted gentle man..all of the shows and movies were just more heart wrenching and action packed at the same time then any other samurai based characters out there.

dirkdirden
Originally posted by Kenshinswife
I would have to say....Rurouni Kenshin...I enjoyed champloo...but it just was not as fulfilling as kenshin was. Rurouni kenshin was not only a bad ass but he was a kind hearted gentle man..all of the shows and movies were just more heart wrenching and action packed at the same time then any other samurai based characters out there.

based on your name I guessed you would say that, that I did.

Kenshinswife
lol love

Kayne Archeron
Kenshin's actually pretty doused in fantasy, the only thing that makes Champloo less realistic is the zombie episode. Kenshin is probably the most light/warm-hearted episode on the list, so whether it's your favorite or not, people still enjoy it

dirkdirden
Originally posted by Kayne Archeron
Kenshin's actually pretty doused in fantasy, the only thing that makes Champloo less realistic is the zombie episode. Kenshin is probably the most light/warm-hearted episode on the list, so whether it's your favorite or not, people still enjoy it

Yeah but it follows real timelines and real locations in Japan so that adds an element of reality that isn't in most anime, they also incorporate new inventions that came out at the same time as they did in real life, like the steam engine and impact bombs.

Kayne Archeron
Champloo actually gives alot of facts as well, about Bushido actually noting homosexuality as honorable, and the zombies that were portrayed were from an actual clan (it was one of those two feuding clans... Genji or Heike) and from the baseball episode you know it's around the time that japan is adopting western culture, so it somewhat hints out the time frame

LordFear
Samurai GUn is also a pretty cool anime

Dusty
Champloo.

Ricodrayz
Originally posted by Dusty
Champloo. It's Dusty shifty

Kayne Archeron
Originally posted by LordFear
Samurai GUn is also a pretty cool anime

best comedy anime since Azumanga Daioh

Darth Macabre
Rurouni Kenshin, easily....Not even a contest in my opinion.

dirkdirden
Just got the kenshin magna to finish the story can't believe they canceled the show before it finished.

Kayne Archeron
at least they got to Shishio

LORDSIDIOUS01
Rurouni Kenshin was off the hook

M.T. STYLE
Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X) Is the best ever. the end

Chrnoebl
I've seen most of those but PEACEMAKER rules

Kento
Ronin Warriors. I don't like the SDK anime but the manga would be my favorite. Samurai Champloo is my second favorite anime with samurai.

Chrnoebl
I watched the whole Samurai Champloo series but it didn't interest me and I definetly wouldn't watch it again. I really hated Deeper Kyo.

Hidden Lotus
you didnt like champloo?
oh thats sad.
still, kenshin is the best.

LORDSIDIOUS01
COOL

Symmetric Chaos
I just can't choose

Kenshin is the one I've seen the most of

but Champloo has awsome characters

I like Bleach but I haven't seen much of it

as for the others well . . . I think I need to watch more anime

Hidden Lotus
yea u do.

Chrnoebl
I didn't even know Bleach counted as a Samurai anime.

Hidden Lotus
i dont think it does

Chrnoebl
I'll watch this Riceroni Kenshin you guys are talking about and get back to you.

Hidden Lotus
riceroni?
you mean rurouni

Chrnoebl
I stand by what I say.

Hidden Lotus
ooooookkaaaaaaaay?

boobsmagee
i would say bleach but i dont consider that a samurai anime, so it goes to kenshin which is near my fav. anime!

Heaven's Sword
My favorite would have to be Peacemaker. Gotta love the Shinsengumi!

LORDSIDIOUS01
Ronin Warriors was ok.

Blaxican
Afro Samurai is now the best. no expression

jake hamoy
rurouni kenshin is the best for me. it won't have the highest ratings if it's not good. besides it's slightly dramatic and more realistic than any another samurai anime. is there any voting for samurai spirits? i think that's cool too but not as cool as kenshin.

lightness
sdk was the best, manga wise

Mace Skywalker
Ronin Warriors, or whatever you may call it. Always.

M.T. STYLE
rurouni kenshin tv series and all the movies are simply the best samurai anime!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.