What is the darkness in us all?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Zedster
My R.E teacher always says there is darkness in us all, what do you believe it means?

I believe it means that no one is perfect, we all have our dark emotions in us, no one is 100% good. Something like that.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Darth Zedster
My R.E teacher always says there is darkness in us all, what do you believe it means?

Nothing. It's just your professor/teacher imposing their beliefs into the subject matter.

Lord Urizen
Since when is darkness a bad thing ?

My skin is dark...does that make me evil ? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
My skin is dark...does that make me evil ? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yes, you unholy creature of the night.

Lord Urizen
Without darkness, we couldn't sleep.

IF there were only light, we'd all be blinded or have a really intense headache.

The association with Darkness as "evil" is a result of Fear. People fear what they do not understand, and fear what they can't see.

This fear have been adapted throughout nearly every mythology (however, the Yin Yang incorporates Dark and Light as equally necessary.....wise)

If you mean to say "immoral" or "evil" then say so. But to associate evil with darkness if entirely foolish and incorrect.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Darth Zedster

I believe it means that no one is perfect, we all have our dark emotions in us, no one is 100% good. Something like that.

It mean that we are just animals.

Mindship
There is an aspect to our psyche -- sometimes called "the shadow" -- that is essentially those parts of our being which, not only do we not want to know, but also aspects we simply don't know AND don't even know that we don't know (we just think we do). The shadow includes not just any repressed traumas, but also the id and especially Death Terror, which exists at the very bottom of every single psyche.

Whether your teacher was referring to this or not, that I couldn't tell ya.

Storm
Yin and yang.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Storm
Yin and yang.

thumb up

What i said before...

debbiejo
Originally posted by Storm
Yin and yang. Yeah kinda like that. Everything has that opposite. It is just the way it is. Though everyone must determine which you want to follow or think about, or live. There must be a healthy balance.

BlackC@
We all have two sides to our personalities.

Everyone has a dark side.

Some more than others, without a balance they lose themselves to it.

debbiejo
It is the "which" that you want to follow?

quickshot
too much light you end up seeing evil everywhere,too much darkness you become darkness, they require equal measures

debbiejo
Do you mean too much goodness then you want/disposed to see the bad ?? And in seeing too much badness you (who)? would see or make the same? Are you saying that just seeing it can expose it and include more or the same?

Or are you saying we can judge it by our experience of it?

quickshot
That people who use too much of their good are disposed to see evil everywhere, while those that spend their time commiting evil acts eventually get lost to evil

(I know i shouldn't refer to darkness as evil as it is required but its te best way i can phrase it)

debbiejo
Well I think both can be true. If a person is so polarized in one direction of the other, they will only see things from that one view....But if a person is so into the "good", lets say, then they are being more judgemental on what is good and what is not good until they see everything that they are doing is the only good and everyone else is evil because they are not like them and all their goodness.

Atlantis001
Thats because we are animals, we have animal instincts and basic emotions fear, hate that kind of thing. We do not have these "dark" emotions because we choose to or chose not to, it is in our physiology and in our brain in a structure called amygdala.

It is the Id of the psychology, the amygdala of the brain, or the kama-rupa of theosophy...

Shakyamunison
Why do we focus on the darkness when we should be seeing the light. big grin

debbiejo
Me??? angel

No, I agree. Dwell on what is lovely, good and pure and kind.........Remember when I spoke that in my previous life???

They quoted me.........eek!

Phil. 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

goatstradamus
He may be referring to the unrestrained mind..
thats after all where the "dark side" of humans really originates...
If he means ying/yang then well, thats something completely different...

Charmed_Phoebe
Originally posted by quickshot
That people who use too much of their good are disposed to see evil everywhere, while those that spend their time commiting evil acts eventually get lost to evil

(I know i shouldn't refer to darkness as evil as it is required but its te best way i can phrase it)

I agree with you..and debbie lay off the crack!

Mindship
Fear of death.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Charmed_Phoebe
I agree with you..and debbie lay off the crack! Well you should quit dealing it then... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.