Kilowog versus Beta Ray Bill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
who will prevail in this groundshaking battle?

Galan007
BRB............ More times then not.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Kilowog, A premier GL with a serious fighting style and he's prety strong from what I can remember as well. He most def wins this one.

Avalonofthewind
Good fight.

Both are badass. Advantage to the GL ring over the hammer but it would be a tough fight either way.

quickshot
BRB in my opinion but its close so im not going to say all out also i thought this might come in handy its a battle from last year saying wether mjolnir or a GL ring is better

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=378461&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=3

Validus
Nobody beats the 'Wog!

Rick/Genis
I'd say Beta Ray due to sheer determination... he NEVER gives up!

Priest
Beta Ray wins

Validus
Originally posted by Rick/Genis
I'd say Beta Ray due to sheer determination... he NEVER gives up!
He's never faced the 'Wog either.

King Kandy
Beta Ray creams the 'Wog.

Utterly.

Validus
Originally posted by King Kandy
Beta Ray creams the 'Wog.

Utterly.
Please. Even Namor knocked out horse face. evil face

Soljer
Originally posted by Validus

I'm sure you're aware, but he didn't knock out Beta Ray.

He knocked Bill down, and later Bill elaborated that he'd taken "far worse."

As I said, I'm sure you're aware. I just don't want the kiddoes misinterpretting anything, wink.

Howard_Jones

no expression

No.

cowboy
if he gets two ring the majority goes to Kilowog
FTW

Howard_Jones
This would probably be a fight that would destroy Planets, but Bill takes the majority, and tell Kilowag how kickass he is afterwards.

Because Pig-dudes are almost as cool as horse-dudes.

King_Mungi
Extra rings don't make a GL stronger, that was even stated in the comics unless that was retconned that I'm unaware of.

cowboy
Hummm.. cause in the new Batman/SuperMan, Kilowog has two rings and is giving supes a good run for his money

masterbruce
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Extra rings don't make a GL stronger, that was even stated in the comics unless that was retconned that I'm unaware of.

it would make him more versatile though.

Roldz
Originally posted by masterbruce
I think the only advantage of having multiple rings is that if one's runs out of charge his got another 1 to get by, other than that non..

King_Mungi
Originally posted by cowboy
Hummm.. cause in the new Batman/SuperMan, Kilowog has two rings and is giving supes a good run for his money

a GL with one ring can gives Supes a good run for his money

Doesn't really work that way, or it didn't in the silver age and the start of Kyle's series.

cowboy
a GL with one ring can gives Supes a good run for his money

True...True

King_Mungi
Yeah I was right...

"Possession of more than one power ring does not increase a ring wielder's strength. While it may be a psychological advantage, increasing a ring wielder's confidence, this does not translate into more power."

masterbruce
Yeah I was right...

"Possession of more than one power ring does not increase a ring wielder's strength. While it may be a psychological advantage, increasing a ring wielder's confidence, this does not translate into more power."

that's still a pretty important benefit though.

King_Mungi
that's still a pretty important benefit though.

Just gives you extra confidence not overall power.

masterbruce
Just gives you extra confidence not overall power.

I know, but having greater confidence means better performance. This is applicable to anything in life...taking a test, competing in a sport, lifting weights

having extra confidence allows you to perform at peak potential

King_Mungi
I know, but having greater confidence means better performance. This is applicable to anything in life...taking a test, competing in a sport, lifting weights

having extra confidence allows you to perform at peak potential

Kilowog never even has to worry about that, as he is ALWAYS confident. So really it won't be helping much unless they lack a great deal of confidence.

masterbruce
Kilowog never even has to worry about that, as he is ALWAYS confident. So really it won't be helping much unless they lack a great deal of confidence.

I'm sure it's a benefit, even though it may be small. I think the longer the fight lasts, the more confidence Kilowog will gain from the second ring.

I think having 2 rings makes very little difference initially. But if the battle drags on, it will be noticeably better for Kilowog to have 2 rings than 1. And even if it doesn't make him stronger, it might allow him to do more tricks with less effort.

King_Mungi
I'm sure it's a benefit, even though it may be small. I think the longer the fight lasts, the more confidence Kilowog will gain from the second ring.

I think having 2 rings makes very little difference initially. But if the battle drags on, it will be noticeably better for Kilowog to have 2 rings than 1. And even if it doesn't make him stronger, it might allow him to do more tricks with less effort.

Very well could, but Kilowag is a professional. The second ring doesn't help him keep the confidence, it's only for a short period. The people who had two rings before really didn't do anything of significance.

It doesn't work that way either.

masterbruce
Very well could, but Kilowag is a professional. The second ring doesn't help him keep the confidence, it's only for a short period. The people who had two rings before really didn't do anything of significance.

It doesn't work that way either.

The people with 2 rings who didn't do much doesn't prove that having 2 rings isn't a benefit. Those dual wielders might have been even worse with 1 ring and having 2 rings allowed them to be at least mediocre. Otherwise, why even have 2 rings, just for ornamentation, i doubt it.

Roldz
The people with 2 rings who didn't do much doesn't prove that having 2 rings isn't a benefit. Those dual wielders might have been even worse with 1 ring and having 2 rings allowed them to be at least mediocre. Otherwise, why even have 2 rings, just for ornamentation, i doubt it.
Or maybe they dont know that it really doesnt matter.. Take Cyborg Supes for instance his got more than 2 rings it didnt help against Hal wielding 1 ring..

masterbruce
Originally posted by Roldz
Or maybe they dont know that it really doesnt matter.. Take Cyborg Supes for instance his got more than 2 rings it didnt help against Hal wielding 1 ring..

Cyborg losing to Hal doesn't prove having 2 rings isn't better than one.

Here is an example:

Assume Hal with 1 ring = 100

Assume Cyborg with 1 ring = 40

Assume Cyborg with 2 rings = 60

In either case with 1 or 2 rings, Cyborg is still weaker and will lose to Hal. However, with 2 rings, Cyborg is stronger than with 1 ring, but he will still lose to someone who wields one ring with greater power. So Cyborg losing to Hal doesn't prove that 2 rings doesnt make you stronger than 1 ring.

Roldz
Nope actually Hal had somethin close to 65% at least around there.. Cyborg had 4 rings + his own Superman powers and Tech.. Anyhow it dont really mater since its already been stated that having more ring doesnt make the wielder more powerfull other than additional replacement running out of power otherwise Kyle could have rings in each finger and toes...lol

Validus
More rings just means you're dividing your willpower between all of them.

Kilowog Vs Superman was basically a hand to hand fight anyway.

masterbruce
More rings just means you're dividing your willpower between all of them.

Kilowog Vs Superman was basically a hand to hand fight anyway.

I think Kilowog could take BRB. He's basically superman with mastery of a GL ring.

Validus
The 'Wog can take down anyone.

masterbruce
The 'Wog can take down anyone.

Where does he rank among the premier GLs?

Roldz
Not Horse Face.. Why is he calle Wog anyway? is it because he ressemles a wild boar?

Validus
Where does he rank among the premier GLs?
Equal to Hal and Kyle.

masterbruce
Equal to Hal and Kyle.

ok, horseface loses then

Howard_Jones
The hammers can absorb energy and redirect it. no expression

The 'Wog still loses the majority.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
The hammers can absorb energy and redirect it. no expression

The 'Wog still loses the majority.

You are just insufferable. The hammers can absorb energy so you think they can beat Silver Surfer or Thanos? The rings do more than just energy, and they also absorb and redirect energy. I wonder what BRB would do if kilowog made an army of superbeings like Kyle did. Hard light plasma constructs that wont' be getting absorbed when they are all thinking independanly and fightly like living beings. The ring can do every single thing the hammer can do and more. IT's really simple tho. Wog encases BRB in one of the universal blast holding bubbles and begins to crush him making the bubble smaller. Now I give BRB 4/10 against kil. But you make it as if he just wins every time. NOPE. BRB doesn't get the majority. But he does get some wins.

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
You are just insufferable. The hammers can absorb energy so you think they can beat Silver Surfer or Thanos? The rings do more than just energy, and they also absorb and redirect energy. I wonder what BRB would do if kilowog made an army of superbeings like Kyle did. Hard light plasma constructs that wont' be getting absorbed when they are all thinking independanly and fightly like living beings. The ring can do every single thing the hammer can do and more. IT's really simple tho. Wog encases BRB in one of the universal blast holding bubbles and begins to crush him making the bubble smaller. Now I give BRB 4/10 against kil. But you make it as if he just wins every time. NOPE. BRB doesn't get the majority. But he does get some wins.

no expression

I never said anything about draining Thanos, or anyone higher up like that. I wouldn't even think of it happening. However, it's been shown before that the hammers can drain energy, absorb it, and redirect it. Also, the rings can't take a soul out of a man's body, or summon storms of magical lightning, drain the godly energies out of someone, etc. I'm not saying that Beta's gonna take every victory, because he won't. He's at best gonna take 7 out of ten.

Blair Wind
no expression

I never said anything about draining Thanos, or anyone higher up like that. I wouldn't even think of it happening. However, it's been shown before that the hammers can drain energy, absorb it, and redirect it. Also, the rings can't take a soul out of a man's body, or summon storms of magical lightning, drain the godly energies out of someone, etc. I'm not saying that Beta's gonna take every victory, because he won't. He's at best gonna take 7 out of ten.

Kyle has drained Thanos of energy before, the gl rings can absorb a person into the ring and the GL then basically becomes like a god in control of everything in the ring. Kilowog held the souls of all his people in his ring before no expression

Magical storms? No, but they can create green lantern storms erm

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Kyle has drained Thanos of energy before, the gl rings can absorb a person into the ring and the GL then basically becomes like a god in control of everything in the ring. Kilowog held the souls of all his people in his ring before no expression

Magical storms? No, but they can create green lantern storms erm

Crossovers are non-canonical. Please try and keep up.

Roldz
Kilowog, i see where they got Wog from.. duhh.. Anyway ive never seen Wog do what you mentioned on panel and unfortunatelty you cant intermingle feats.. + Kyles ring a little diff. than your normal ring while BRB has done what Howard mentioned on Panel... I say BRB 7-8/10..

Blair Wind
Crossovers are non-canonical. Please try and keep up.

That one was canonical if I remember correctly. The botch up that was Marvel vs DC right after it was not canonical, but that was. Please try and not be an ass roll eyes (sarcastic)

Blair Wind
Kilowog, i see where they got Wog from.. duhh.. Anyway ive never seen Wog do what you mentioned on panel and unfortunatelty you cant intermingle feats.. + Kyles ring a little diff. than your normal ring while BRB has done what Howard mentioned on Panel... I say BRB 7-8/10..

you want pure Kilowog feats? sigh...fine

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/2ff2fb9b.jpg
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/81035d01.jpg

Kilowog is equal to Hal and Kyle, I mean hes the guy who made them all what they are:
http://img117.imageshack.us/my.php?image=greenlanternv3169176lq.jpg

I dont have much more on him, but his strength is about equal to the superman/thor level. Plus he has mastery of the GL ring.

ALSO being a geneticist he could just rearrange BRB's genes erm

Roldz
Yeah i know his strong and the energies/soul is very impressive feat but
Its not like BRB is an stationary target and have no mean of fighting off attack of that kind... And i was actually replying to what nvrbeenwthagirl
post.. Wog has never done those things mentioned..

nvrbeenwthagirl

It's been established that WOG can do pretty much anything Kyle and Hal can.

Roldz
Sorry but not enough... Actual feat almost losses to speculation almost everytime.. Anyhow wog is cool but dont see him winnin against BRB, its the way i see it..

nvrbeenwthagirl
Sorry but not enough... Actual feat almost losses to speculation almost everytime.. Anyhow wog is cool but dont see him winnin against BRB, its the way i see it..

OH really? cuz the runner has very few feats. Yet he is argued for time and again. And when have we ever seen this 100 percent Galactus? Yet he turns up on the forums alot. And 80 percent of the powers you say brb do, I haven't seen him do. Most of the stuff thor has done like once as a plot device. This is a forum where some speculation is Ok. Unless of course it's a GL. Which for all intents and purposes is the perfect being to speculate about. Since the wearer can do ANYTHING they can imagine.

masterbruce
OH really? cuz the runner has very few feats. Yet he is argued for time and again. And when have we ever seen this 100 percent Galactus? Yet he turns up on the forums alot. And 80 percent of the powers you say brb do, I haven't seen him do. Most of the stuff thor has done like once as a plot device. This is a forum where some speculation is Ok. Unless of course it's a GL. Which for all intents and purposes is the perfect being to speculate about. Since the wearer can do ANYTHING they can imagine.

agreed.

xmarksthespot
Assuming Kilowog is equal to Hal and Kyle, Kilowog.

Howard_Jones
That one was canonical if I remember correctly.
Your memory blows then.

The botch up that was Marvel vs DC right after it was not canonical, but that was. Please try and not be an ass roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nope. Still wrong. Neither are canonical. Nice try, but dont' be a moron. wink

Roldz
Theres actual proof of Runners feat, 100% Galactus well I havent post to those and am not the resident expert ask Mr. master.. Regarding BRB feat ive actually seen those on panel dimension rift / absorbtion/ rideriction/ reflection of energies.. Read Starmasters/ Stormbreakers/ Thor corps and various Thor comics.. I agree with you about a little light Speculation but somethin on a Universal level/ressurection of previous beings w/powers and working GL ring is just way too uber.. Whats to stop you from speculation him destroying a freakin multiverse since you say the wearer is capable of absolute everything.. This is why i say speculation would always win against actual feat there just no limit to it...

Howard_Jones

http://therealwtf.ytmnd.com/

Why does it always go back to The Runner for you? You've got it out for Marvel characters. You might as well admit it.

Also, since you haven't read many of the feats mentioned, maybe you shouldn't be on this thread. wink

nvrbeenwthagirl
http://therealwtf.ytmnd.com/

Why does it always go back to The Runner for you? You've got it out for Marvel characters. You might as well admit it.

Also, since you haven't read many of the feats mentioned, maybe you shouldn't be on this thread. wink

It doesn't always go back to the Runner but he is one character that is used a lot with very few showings. The character is Ok. I hate Superman FAR more than I do any other Marvel Character. Tho Thor used to be my favorite male character, this forum is ruining him for me. Making him to be far more than he ever was. He's gone from a cool Super hero big gun of the Avengers to Thor who in the hell needs the avengers Thunder god.

nvrbeenwthagirl
It doesn't always go back to the Runner but he is one character that is used a lot with very few showings. The character is Ok. I hate Superman FAR more than I do any other Marvel Character. Tho Thor used to be my favorite male character, this forum is ruining him for me. Making him to be far more than he ever was. He's gone from a cool Super hero big gun of the Avengers to Thor who in the hell needs the avengers Thunder god. ANd it seems that you haven't read many GL feats. So you take an exit stage left.

Howard_Jones
It doesn't always go back to the Runner but he is one character that is used a lot with very few showings. The character is Ok. I hate Superman FAR more than I do any other Marvel Character. Tho Thor used to be my favorite male character, this forum is ruining him for me. Making him to be far more than he ever was. He's gone from a cool Super hero big gun of the Avengers to Thor who in the hell needs the avengers Thunder god.

That's not true at all. Read Ragnarok and tell me again. The first people he turns to are Iron Man and Captain America.

nvrbeenwthagirl
That's not true at all. Read Ragnarok and tell me again. The first people he turns to are Iron Man and Captain America.

Not the mighty push galactus back, beat celestials, take beams that can destroy the Ultimate destoyer, thor. He would dare turn to anyone for help would he? Unless he's not the uber Thor is forum is trying to make him. This forum has turned so many characters into uber Gods it is not funny. Superman, Hulk, Iceman, CM, Thor, Surfer, Thanos, Flash God, Reed, Wolverine, Batgod( he deserves it tho), and others. We should have a week where we dont post about any one over Iron man lvl in power.

Howard_Jones
Not the mighty push galactus back, beat celestials, take beams that can destroy the Ultimate destoyer, thor. He would dare turn to anyone for help would he? Unless he's not the uber Thor is forum is trying to make him.

One Thunder God against an army of Loki's minions that were powerful enough to overrun Asgard? Yeah, he's uber, but not that uber. He had to gain the power of the Odinforce and the Runes to defeat them all, and solve the problem of Ragnarok. It's a good read.

Blair Wind
So your right. Its not canonical. The fact that its not revelant to the topic makes it a moot topic erm

http://img475.imageshack.us/my.php?image=recharge02pg133ld.jpg

http://img475.imageshack.us/my.php?image=recharge02pg170je.jpg

http://img475.imageshack.us/my.php?image=recharge02pg180ny.jpg

http://img474.imageshack.us/my.php?image=recharge02pg194lf.jpg

http://img474.imageshack.us/my.php?image=recharge02pg227jg.jpg

Two GL's, guard the area around a star that is heavily unstable.

The star goes nova (Which the GL's survive without issue), and forms a black hole instantly (Thanks to, we can assume, the technology of the Spider Guild). Now, they seem unable to escape the pull of the black hole and even together they can't save the ship also being pulled into the black hole, BUT they SURVIVE the black hole just fine!

THEN Kilowog comes in, pulls the ship OUT of a Black Hole, and enters undaunted no expression

Anyways the ring and the hammer are both badass, but I give it to Kilowog 6/10 erm While the hammer has one shot powers, the ring is KNOWN for doing ANYTHING the wearer wills it to do. no expression

King_Mungi

That's it, honestly if it actually gave them a power boost, which as stated doesn't. Don't you think more people would wear two rings? It really isn't benefical at all.

masterbruce
That's it, honestly if it actually gave them a power boost, which as stated doesn't. Don't you think more people would wear two rings? It really isn't benefical at all.

It might give you a boost but you'd have to master it. So you're saying the GLs that wear 2 rings just do it because they're stylish or they're clueless, I don't buy it.

King_Mungi
It might give you a boost but you'd have to master it. So you're saying the GLs that wear 2 rings just do it because they're stylish or they're clueless, I don't buy it.

No it doesn't as STATED. No it helps boost their confidence not their overall power as STATED. Those who wore 2 rings never did anything of note worthy, it didn't help them much at all if any.

Desaad
no expression

I never said anything about draining Thanos, or anyone higher up like that. I wouldn't even think of it happening. However, it's been shown before that the hammers can drain energy, absorb it, and redirect it.

Thats true. But how often has Beta Ray Bill himself done that? You'll recall, it seems that the power of the Hammer's - both Thor's and BRB's - was actually overcome by the absorbtion abilities of Katie Power, of the Power Pack.

Drained those babies dry, as I recall.

While we haven't seen Kilowog do much energy absorbtion, we know that the rings are capable of the same. So does that count then?

Can, and have! They've done it to Billions, as someone already showed.

Well thats more specialized than it is impressive. While Kilowog certainly can't summon storms of magical lightning, he can do a lot of other energy tricks that would have the same basic effect.

When have we seen BRB do this?

I'd say 50/50 myself.

By the way, I disagree with the idea that Kilowog is Superman with a GL ring. He's actually much more analogous to The Thing, in all areas, IMHO.

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by Desaad
Thats true. But how often has Beta Ray Bill himself done that? You'll recall, it seems that the power of the Hammer's - both Thor's and BRB's - was actually overcome by the absorbtion abilities of Katie Power, of the Power Pack.

Drained those babies dry, as I recall.

While we haven't seen Kilowog do much energy absorbtion, we know that the rings are capable of the same. So does that count then?

Can, and have! They've done it to Billions, as someone already showed.

Well thats more specialized than it is impressive. While Kilowog certainly can't summon storms of magical lightning, he can do a lot of other energy tricks that would have the same basic effect.

When have we seen BRB do this?

I'd say 50/50 myself.

By the way, I disagree with the idea that Kilowog is Superman with a GL ring. He's actually much more analogous to The Thing, in all areas, IMHO.

Beta's known to have the best control over his hammer. He rivals Thor. Though we haven't seen him do the more outrageous uses of the hammer, there are other times when we've seen him do things as Thor has, such as manipulating the EMS, using a combination of Uru hammers to travel through time, etc. Saying he can't do it is honestly ignorant, becasue it's not beyond the scope of his abilities.

Avalonofthewind

Actually. Hal was receiving help from his "girlfriend" mentally which enhanced him significantly. To defeat Borg, they both got inside a mech that multiplied their rings 100x over.

200x GL power >>>>>>>>>>>>>>5 rings.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Actually. Hal was receiving help from his "girlfriend" mentally which enhanced him significantly. To defeat Borg, they both got inside a mech that multiplied their rings 100x over.

thanks for pointing that out. I hate it when ppl leave out critical details just to support their point, it is the same as lying.

Howard_Jones

Can you scan that? I don't remember that being stated.

Avalonofthewind
Can you scan that? I don't remember that being stated.

No problem..I'll dig up the issues when I get home.

King_Mungi

No that was after the battle with Hal had with Cyborg, Hal was going even with him even though he was in a weaker form. That was seperate. Once again as stated in the actual comics it does not amplify a users power. Why do I have to repeat myself?

She helped him break free of the will hunters. She didn't countinually aid him in battle stated in the actual comic

King_Mungi
thanks for pointing that out. I hate it when ppl leave out critical details just to support their point, it is the same as lying.

Right and there's the fact your ignoring what's stated in comics how it doesn't increase power. Yet I'm lying? I have the friggin issue, she didn't augement him at all. Only aided him to overcome the willhunters, and then as stated Hal was on his own. There's that word again..."stated"

masterbruce
Right and there's the fact your ignoring what's stated in comics how it doesn't increase power. Yet I'm lying? I have the friggin issue, she didn't augement him at all. Only aided him to overcome the willhunters, and then as stated Hal was on his own. There's that word again..."stated"

so again, you're telling me that the GLs that wear 2 rings do it as a fashion accessory and that they're clueless as to the lack of benefit to a 2nd ring?

King_Mungi
so again, you're telling me that the GLs that wear 2 rings do it as a fashion accessory and that they're clueless as to the lack of benefit to a 2nd ring?

Do you even bother reading what I said? I'm not saying it personally, it's what's STATED in the COMICS! My god it's like pounding a stake into a groud using your head.

It gives confidence, not POWER!

Roldz

Ahh no i was not lying, yes Cyborg was beaten by a mega powerfull blast that would destroy a planet but he had already lost his right arm w/ it the rings way before that it was cut off by Hal and Arisie combine attack.. They had to destroy Cyborg that way cause his quite diff. to kill... 200x camehameha blast..

Roldz
Freakin guy does not want to listen.. Geez

masterbruce
Do you even bother reading what I said? I'm not saying it personally, it's what's STATED in the COMICS! My god it's like pounding a stake into a groud using your head.

It gives confidence, not POWER!

I accept that it gives confidence, not power. But my point is that is a BIG BENEFIT.

Hal has great willpower, perhaps the greatest, but it's not limitless, or else he would be omnipotent with the ring's potential.

So unless you're saying Kilowog CANNOT be ANY MORE confident, having 2 rings would benefit him in a battle as opposed to 1 ring.

King_Mungi
I accept that it gives confidence, not power. But my point is that is a BIG BENEFIT.

Hal has great willpower, perhaps the greatest, but it's not limitless, or else he would be omnipotent with the ring's potential.

So unless you're saying Kilowog CANNOT be ANY MORE confident, having 2 rings would benefit him in a battle as opposed to 1 ring.

It's a benefit, but honestly if it was a huge benefit don't you think more people would use it?

What are you talking about? the second ring doesn't boost his confidence to unreal levels or even allow them to keep it for the whole battle. As shown when others donned two rings. It's a temporally ego boost, nothing more as shown in the comics.

Not really, do you know who Kilowog is? He's never ever ever ever had a problem with confidence. Here let's put it this way, you prove to me it would be effective than. With actual evidence from comics.

masterbruce
It's a benefit, but honestly if it was a huge benefit don't you think more people would use it?

What are you talking about? the second ring doesn't boost his confidence to unreal levels or even allow them to keep it for the whole battle. As shown when others donned two rings. It's a temporally ego boost, nothing more as shown in the comics.

Not really, do you know who Kilowog is? He's never ever ever ever had a problem with confidence. Here let's put it this way, you prove to me it would be effective than. With actual evidence from comics.

Ok, let me break it down like this.

1. From my understanding, the potential of the ring is only limited by the willpower of the person controlling it, hence why Hal is so powerful since he has the greatest willpower.

2. Willpower is directly related to confidence. The more confident you are, the more will power you have.

3. Hence, by deduction, the more confident you are, the more potential you have with the Ring.

At, this point do you disagree with any of my premises?

Now, let's use Hal as the benchmark since he's the greatest GL. Let's say his willpower is 100.

Unless you're saying Kilowog's willpower is ALSO 100 and thereby saying he's equally powerful as Hal, Kilowog would receive a boost in willpower/confidence from the second ring.

If you claim that Kilowog is the same as Hal in willpower, then my argument is moot.

King_Mungi
No have you actually seen the apperances of when a GL wears another ring? seriously have you? your basing something which hasn't even been shown or even remotly

I asked for actual evidence not opinion

masterbruce
I didn't give you my opinion. I have you my reasoning. What do you disagree with it?

King_Mungi
Everything as what is shown and stated does not actually work with what your saying. Having two rings doesn't forceably give you a confidence boost, it's basically a regular joe with a gun you feel confident but physically it doesn't make you stronger. The confidence you gain isn't that significant especially to Kilowog whose confidence and skill is among the elite.

Desaad
Beta's known to have the best control over his hammer. He rivals Thor. Though we haven't seen him do the more outrageous uses of the hammer, there are other times when we've seen him do things as Thor has, such as manipulating the EMS, using a combination of Uru hammers to travel through time, etc. Saying he can't do it is honestly ignorant, becasue it's not beyond the scope of his abilities.

I am simply applying the reasoning that many on this board already have.

What you are doing is attributing abilities that Thor has to Beta Ray Bill. But why not give the same consideration to Kilowog with the things that Kyle, Hal, John Stewart, Guy Gardner or rookie GL's have proven capable of?

They all, after all, have the same potential power level...they all have the same potential versatility.

Surely, then, Kilowog - being the guy that TAUGHT most of those people - is bound to not only be able to do what they can, but also exceed it.

No?

Howard_Jones
I didn't give you my opinion. I have you my reasoning. What do you disagree with it?

Your reasoning is half the reason that KMC has its own version of the Flash.

Desaad
Ok, let me break it down like this.

1. From my understanding, the potential of the ring is only limited by the willpower of the person controlling it, hence why Hal is so powerful since he has the greatest willpower.

Well, there are a number of reasons that Hal has been deemed "the best", not the least of which being his will power but also his ability to think tactically and his dogged dedication.

I think the problem comes from the degree of "amping" we believe comes from 2 two rings versus one.

Whatever an extra ring would give would have to be very little, because all it would do is increase the perseverance and desire to win of that person. But it wouldn't artificially increase it.

That is to say, whatever that added ring does, the wielder is capable of doing totally on their own as well, in a case in which they are extremely motivated by the situation at hand.

What it comes down to, for me, is that if the universe is on the line that extra ring isn't going to make any sort of difference at all. Its only when someone is operating on a day to day basis that this is going to matter, and even then I feel like there are physical/psychological limits to will power that cannot be overcome.

I think that while Hal has a greater will power than Kilowog, its his intelligence in battle that would give him the decisive win over Kil. I think they are probably pretty close in raw will power (though Rebirth, IMHO, clearly demonstrated Hal's superiority to all of the earth-based GL's and Emerald Dawn to essentially all the Alien ones).

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Desaad
I think the problem comes from the degree of "amping" we believe comes from 2 two rings versus one.

Whatever an extra ring would give would have to be very little, because all it would do is increase the perseverance and desire to win of that person. But it wouldn't artificially increase it.

That is to say, whatever that added ring does, the wielder is capable of doing totally on their own as well, in a case in which they are extremely motivated by the situation at hand.

What it comes down to, for me, is that if the universe is on the line that extra ring isn't going to make any sort of difference at all. Its only when someone is operating on a day to day basis that this is going to matter, and even then I feel like there are physical/psychological limits to will power that cannot be overcome.

I think that while Hal has a greater will power than Kilowog, its his intelligence in battle that would give him the decisive win over Kil. I think they are probably pretty close in raw will power (though Rebirth, IMHO, clearly demonstrated Hal's superiority to all of the earth-based GL's and Emerald Dawn to essentially all the Alien ones).

Summed it up quite nicely

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.