Exar Kun and BOTS Bane versus ROTS Dooku and ROTS Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zephiel7
Which team wins?

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/thumb/c/ce/Bane_cron.JPG/180px-Bane_cron.JPG

and

http://www.timelineuniverse.net/images/Exar%20Kun.jpg

versus

http://www.lordesdelsith.net/biblioteca/comics/bin/dooku04.jpg

and

http://www.starwars-universe.com/images/livres/comics/scans/DEII03.jpg

((The_Anomaly))
thats a picture of DE Sidious not ROTS Sidious.

zephiel7
I know, but it was the only "comic" picture of Sidious that I could find sad

Ah to hell with the illustrations, the Dooku one isn't even showing up anymore. sad

Its pretty cool I find, that Sidious is bilingual.

Anyways, which team do people think will win.

darthsith19
Bane and Exar win. Bane destroyed en entire building with the Force. Exar has his amulent blasts. Has Sidious or Dooku ever done anything on the scale of destroying a building with the Force?

General Kenobl
Well....Exar and Bane are pretty powerful. I would say Sidious and Dooku give a helluva fight, and it'll probably come down to single survivor (exar most likely).

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by darthsith19
Bane and Exar win. Bane destroyed en entire building with the Force. Exar has his amulent blasts. Has Sidious or Dooku ever done anything on the scale of destroying a building with the Force?

Swirly Girl
"POWAH, UNLIMITED POW-"

*Amulet Blast*

STFU, Sidious.

Gideon
Originally posted by Swirly Girl
"POWAH, UNLIMITED POW-"

*Amulet Blast*

STFU, Sidious.

This about covers it. Sidious takes an amulet blast to the face and Dooku wouldn't even get the first syllable out.

I do think they'd put up an excellent fight if the amulet was gone, but, even then...

jollyjim311
I say french-speaking DE Sidious wins.

Gideon
Originally posted by jollyjim311
I say french-speaking DE Sidious wins.

The thread says RotS Sidious. As for the French-speaking DE Sidious... the French have a nasty habit of surrendering... and losing... a lot. Lol. Anyways, if it was DE Sidious, then Dooku and Sidious would win.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by darthsith19

That building was thousands of years old. I doubt it was very stable. Also, he just took out some walls (still very impressive), and the rest of the building came with it, it can be blocked, seeing as how, well, it was. Amulet blasts? Dodgeable, I guess. :/ . Still, an amulet blast would probably take out one, if it couldn't be blocked, in which case, the other would be overwhelmed.

Lightsnake
Dooku and Sidious: Sidious can take bane while Dooku's the sacrificial lamb.

Then it comes to the overrated ponytailed god vs. Palpatine and Palp's got that. Considering Palpatine may very well already be the strongest by ROTS, he's confirmed as stronger than Bane (By, what....Tpm?) Then he's got more than a chance against Exar

Gideon
Originally posted by Lightsnake

Then it comes to the overrated ponytailed god vs. Palpatine and Palp's got that. Considering Palpatine may very well already be the strongest by ROTS, he's confirmed as stronger than Bane (By, what....Tpm?) Then he's got more than a chance against Exar

I know he's been confirmed to be more powerful than Bane, I just don't know what he's going to use against him.

jollyjim311
Would it be Exar-like to just Amulet blast Dooku when Dooku salutes in an obvious challenge to lightsaber combat? He didn't just blast ol' Vodo.

kamhal
Lightsnake, by TPM sidious had what, 50 years? It's perfectly natural that he was stronger then Bane, he was on his max...

zephiel7

Are these quotes of "being stronger" actually supported by evidence within the mythos? Or are they just naked "unsupported" quotes?

Lightsnake
Considering he was powerful enough to tip the Force out of balance by his very existence, conceal the entire Dark Side presence from the Jedi, take on Yoda who realized how powerful he was and bend hundreds of Dark Jedi to his will without so much as lifting a finger...yep.

Gideon
Originally posted by zephiel7
Are these quotes of "being stronger" actually supported by evidence within the mythos? Or are they just naked "unsupported" quotes?

This is the problem I've talked about before. If you don't think one side stands a chance, why make the thread? You've had a habit of doing that in the past - and several people have made comments on it. You also have had a tendancy to overpower one side (generally the KotoR side).

Traya (with instakill) vs. Dooku and Maul.

This sort've thing should stop, Zephiel.

Lightsnake
Oh, no, this is fully winnable by the PT duo. Likely because Palpatine can kill Bane off the bat and then join in against Exar.

Darth_Glentract
I don't see the PT guys taking this fight. Exar has his amulet and could possibly take both Dooku and Sidious out with it, but lets say that he's only able to take down Dooku and Sidious is somehow able to resist it. Even then, he's no where near good enough to survive in a fight against Exar and Bane at the same time.

Lightsnake
This is ridiculous! Again with the goddamn amulet....it's never shown itself of ANY use against a strong force user, especially not one who's spent tons more time than Exar gathering up Sith artifacts....And when does Exar USE the goddamn thing in a real fight?

And Palpatine is good enough to kill Bane very quickly, then finish Exar.

More Exar wanking. I thought it went with IKC

Darth_Glentract
Wait, where did the idea that Sidious as of ROTS could take Bane quickly? Yes, he could defeat him, but it wouldn't be by a ton.

On the otherhand, when did Exar ever have a time in which using on of them would have been a good idea? In his fight with Vodo? No, because he was just playing with Vodo for most of the fight and wanted Vodo to join him. With Ulic? No, because he needed an apprentice. When was another time that he fought a powerful Force User? He never had a good time to use his amulet against a powerful Force User. However, when he did use the attack, it destroyed all of the people it hit.

Lightsnake
IT's a clear cut confirmation that Palpatine as of....what, TPM is stronger than Bane. by ROTS, it wouldn't be too hard. It would be....what, Qordis over again?

And lesse....Exar could've used it when it'd have saved him, he was there to KILL ULIC until the Sith intervented, btw.

And omg! It killed a brainless monster and a bunch of primitives who don't have a fraction of Dark Side power or experience Palpatine does, WOWEE!

Advent
it's never shown itself of ANY use against a strong force user

Well, I'd suppose Luke's Emerald Lightning isn't the end all, be all solution to fights then?

But to address the actual point: does this somehow mean that it won't have an effect? We've seen the blasts manifest themselves tangibly as energy, we've also seen those very same blasts (from Kun) utterly demolish everything they've came into contact with. From a Sith Wyrm, to solid temple rock, and even disintegrate Massassi (who are force users; even if primitive).

What defenses does our esteemed pile of Sith, Sidious, have to offer in this situation?

Relevance? Sith artifacts, such as? What will they help him do, what do they contain, et cetera?

If you count in the battle against the Sith Wyrm, which, by definition, is a fight - then there.

But, I'm going to outright assume that by "real", you actually meant against a Force user. The answer to your question is: never. Does this mean he somehow can't? We've seen Ulic's sister amulet knock Cay and Nomi down with just some simple rays, nothing even on the magnitude or destructive scale we've seen Kun operate his.

If you take what Ulic did compared to what Kun has done with his, it's quite obvious a blast would undoubtedly annihilate a victim. Furthermore, he never even had a big enough threat to use it on.

Odan? Tooled with a wave of the hand.

Vodo? Pwned by a lightsaber in one page after Kun "turned up the juice" so to speak, and ignited the other end of his lightsaber.

Ulic? The duel went interrupted, and only lasted a page and a half.

Everyone else was a comparative joke to Exar Kun. Sylvar, Aleema, and so on.

In addition, when does Palpatine ever use any of his "ins4ne!4real!!!" powers? Demonstrated as of RotS: Force push, Force lightning. Obviously knows Force choke, and grip (as Dooku and Anakin knew them). I'm sure there are more, but I'm no Sidious fangirl, so I don't keep track of what he knows by what time period. So, feel free to add whatever additional powers you undoubtedly will.

Exar, as far as we know, is a practitioner of three of the four mentioned above (we haven't seen him use grip, but in all likeliness he knows it; nonetheless, I won't count it). We also know that as a 4000 year old spirit (weakened) with the neophyte Kyp Durron, his attack was not able to be defended against by post-DE Luke, who tried every trick in the book he had learned up to that point (including Sidious' training).

He also has an array of Sith magic at hand, as well as the beloved amulets. Going through the list, does Palpatine even know Sith magic (at that point)? If so, how proficient is he with it? When has Palpatine ever demonstrated the ability to block energy, which is seemingly instantaneous, and "doubles with each pulse of anger" (note: the blast is monstrous in its initial size, and its destructive scale is far greater than anything we've seen from Sidious as of RotS)?

Elaborate please. How is it "Exar wanking"? All due respect, I'd surmise saying that Sidious tools Bane "right off the bat" is quite the figurative "wanking".

Debate aside, do you still sign on to AIM? I haven't been on in awhile, but just wondering.

Edit:

When could it have "saved him"? Throughout the entire series, when he's in possession of the amulet, he's never put in a situation that would be a threat to him. His duel with Ulic was a basic stalemate in terms of lightsaber combat, and as soon as we find that out, Ragnos causes an intervention, and stops the duel. It was a page, and a half.

He had no chance or reason at that point to use it. Likewise, I could ask "when it'd save him (Sidious)", he was trying to KILL YODA; yet all he uses in Force lightning, and plays tennis with Senate pods.

^Albeit, it got the job done, it was still an unimpressive display of Force powers that are destructive, and he also almost g0t s3rv3d in that duel. Even getting pushed across the entire room, and only stopped by his own chair (which tumbled over, btw).

But whatever, the main point was: there was never a situation that was necessarily "life threatening" that the amulet could've been put to good use on (against all the Jedi? No.). And he never got to finish dueling with Ulic, so it'd not definite to say he couldn't have or wouldn't have.

Lightsnake
Originally posted by Advent
Well, I'd suppose Luke's Emerald Lightning isn't the end all, be all solution to fights then?
Unlike Exar, we've seen Luke actually use it

Big deal. We know Palpatine has the power to cleanse a world of life to feed himself....oh, btw, there's ZERO proof there was ANY disintegration. Oh, and them being solid energy doesn't mean they can't be blocked. Seriously, now...

More Sith knowledge and a better collection of artifacts and weaponry that Exar could never have hoped to have gathered? Compare and contrast: Fifty years to....six months.

Amulets-indestructible ones, at that, capable of imploding one's brain and destroying their windpipes for starters- not to mention whatever else he may have....lanvaroks, swords, etc.

Giant unsentient beast compared to the most powerful DLOTS in history?

Thank you. Stop here.

Because those Jedi had the knowledge and ability Palpatine does...especially with other Sith.

You mean expect the Jedi fleet? Where, btw, Kun had a large army consisting of millions of Massassi, his alchemical creations and The Brotherhood AND the Krath.
Nott to mention a race of those amulet users were wiped out on Coruscant by Four Jedi. Wow. Scary.
So, since he hasn't, how about those amulets stop being the end all be all, ok?

Odan being what compared to anyone else?

Vodo being what compared to anyone else? Defeating totally subpar Jedi isn't helping your argument. Especially when VODO COULD NOT BRING HIMSELF TO FIGHT FULLY AGAINST EXAR BY HIS OWN SPIRIT'S ADMISSION

Because page length is proportional to time.

Need I remind you how arrogant Exar actually is?

Sure. How about the ability to become invisible and unseeable to the visible eye and the Force thanks to handy dandy Quey'Tek?
And Bane exhibited just that and was able to collapse the Rakata Templeand crush a top Sith Lord's throat with a practical gesture
Palpatine surpassed im long before ROTS

Oh, stop this 'weakned spirit' bullshit. He was weak because he was left in a state of inactivity for four thousand years and soon after that, he was MUCH stronger than ever-Thanks, I jedi- due to the powers of the Dark Side saturating Yavin, Gantoris's life force, the Golden Globe, all the things he left as directly stated contingencies in just such an event-he even planned ahead if he shou;ld ever be defeated as a spirit.
And in case you forgot, Luke was facing all the dark side energies of a planet, plus two assaults.
Oh, and KJA's an inconsistent moron. Unless you want to argue snowstorms are greater than Jedi...

Instantaneous? Prove it. I don't see anything INSTANT except what Exar's fans want it to be-comics don't portray that well, y'know...and the audiobook mentions NOTHING about instants.
Oh, and Palpatine has never been in anevent requiring such. However, we know by Rots Palpatine is capable of numerous abilities, thanks to his possession of several key Holocrons passed down....not to mention his numerous visits to Korriban in his youth, meaning his commune with the Dark Lords....

Oh, btw, he's able to pull off rituals that engulf PLANETS in destructive storms and fuel dark rages in hearts. That seems a bit above anything Exar's ever accomplished

Palpatine surpassed Bane at least thirteen years before. There isn't a contest

It's my main IM, so yep.

I can pick you out duels that lasted a single page yet had to have lasted quite a long time in regards to actual chronology.

Oh, here we go....this usage of movie evidence has gotten old since the EU can be rather different from the movies and Lucas seems tpo despite gratuitous uses of the Force. I didn't notice Mace moving faster than the eye could perceive, either. Nor did I see Obi-wan using anything that resembled Soresu b any stretch of the imagination.

And yet, Yoda later realized if he stayed, Palpatine would have killed him.

So, stop touting the amulet as the end all be all, ultra vaporizing instant, invincible action, because none of it is provable and it's gotten old.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.