Onslaught VS. The Defenders

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
O.K., it's big, bad Onslaught returning for a re-match...but only this time, the only ones left to face him are the original Defenders....

Silver Surfer

Dr. Strange

The Hulk (classic version)

Namor, the Submariner (fresh outta water)

Fight is to the finish....no prep for either side and no outside help....who wins???????

MightyEInherjar
I think the combo of that original team is too much for Onslaught to handle.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
I think the combo of that original team is too much for Onslaught to handle.

WOW....really? Interesting..........what do the rest of you think??

Priest
im going with the defenders on this one, sufer, strange and the hulk can take him out for sure.

Roldz
Onslaught gets fried and trash..

jasofisc
onslaught they don't have the power to contain him and even if they did they would be able to kill themselves after that.

Priest
Originally posted by jasofisc
onslaught they don't have the power to contain him and even if they did they would be able to kill themselves after that.
strange can contain him.
hulk can crack his armor.
Surfer could possibly take him one on one.
add some prep time w/reed its a curbstomp. Defenders win

Roldz
Actually 2 of the Defenders have contained and defeated beings surpassing that of Onslaught.. I dont see how Onslaught powers could affect the team while i can see the teams powers affect Onslaught..
Actually this would be kinda spite...

Brian Oswald
Originally posted by Priest
strange can contain him.
no prep, and reed is not in this fight.

defenders still win

jasofisc
Originally posted by Priest
strange can contain him.

you obviously don't know much about onslaught, it took the avengers (thor, cystal, iron man) fantastic four (invisible woman), namor and the list goes on and on are you seriously going to say that strange is better then all of them. The only way Hulk is cracking the armor is if onslaught lets him like he did in the comic., and in no way could surfer take him one on one. reed was three for the entire time during the saga and couldn't come up with anything.

jasofisc
Originally posted by Roldz
Actually 2 of the Defenders have contained and defeated beings surpassing that of Onslaught.. I dont see how Onslaught powers could affect the team while i can see the teams powers affect Onslaught..
Actually this would be kinda spite...

what beings have they contained (what i meant was at the end of the onslaught when his armor was broke and the heros had to sacrifice themselves to give him a shell to be destroyed in.

Priest
you obviously don't know much about onslaught, it took the avengers (thor, cystal, iron man) fantastic four (invisible woman), namor
yes i know, onslaught is condisdered a global threat.

and the list goes on
Seriously the only person on that list that is impressive is thor.

and on are you seriously going to say that strange is better then all of them.
i never said that strange was better than all of them confused
A well written strange can certainly give onslaught a run for his money.

The only way Hulk is cracking the armor is if onslaught lets him like he did in the comic.
With surfer strange backing him up, yes he can.

and in no way could surfer take him one on one.
Sufer posses the speed, durability and power backed by the PC to take on Onslaught. He's also ressistant to telepethy as well.

reed was three for the entire time during the saga and couldn't come up with anything.
we all know wat reed can do with prep, with strange in the picture they can take Onslaught by themselves with prep.

thedude1948
Onslaught creates a second sun which Silver Surfer absorbs and then blasts him into the Heroes Reborn universe in millions of pieces.

jasofisc
Onslaught turns surfer into a second sun and the rest get sucked into it. Onslaught was playing with the hero's during the saga. And you really don't know much if you think the defenders could take him.

jasofisc
All of those heros were nothing to him, don't think many people understand this and reed had all the time in the world for prep and was ineffective.

jasofisc
Originally posted by thedude1948
Onslaught creates a second sun which Silver Surfer absorbs and then blasts him into the Heroes Reborn universe in millions of pieces.

again you know practically nothing about onslaught that would just release his true self which is pure psionic. Then what is any of them going to do.

Omega-level
Defenders. Strange + Surfer is too much for Onslaught. And Hulk can do some damage too.

bigbran
Onslaught turns surfer into a second sun and the rest get sucked into it. Onslaught was playing with the hero's during the saga. And you really don't know much if you think the defenders could take him. How does he turn Surfer into a sun?
Onslaught was playing right up to the point he got beat, right?

Also, Strange alone has taken down Shuma Gorath, beat In-Betweener.
Both are higher than Onslaught.

Surfer has beat Uni-Lord, twice. He is higher than Onslaught.

Defenders win.

jasofisc
Originally posted by bigbran
How does he turn Surfer into a sun?
Onslaught was playing right up to the point he got beat, right?

Also, Strange alone has taken down Shuma Gorath, beat In-Betweener.
Both are higher than Onslaught.

Surfer has beat Uni-Lord, twice. He is higher than Onslaught.

Defenders win.

powers of franklin Richards more then enough to make surfer into a sun

yeap he didn't expect all the heros to sacrifice themselves inorder to beat him. He was on purposly pissing hulk off so that he would break his shell.

So your saying sufer is more powerfull and better then uni-Lord and strange is more power and better then in-betweener? just because they beat someone doesn't mean their stronger or bettter or more powerful. Wolverine has beaten hulk but that's PIS like a bunch of other fights.

thedude1948
again you know practically nothing about onslaught that would just release his true self which is pure psionic. Then what is any of them going to do.

Do you know anything about Dr Strange or Silver Surfer?

I know Onslaught is pretty powerful, but Strange or Surfer would give him a tough fight.

jasofisc
Do you know anything about Dr Strange or Silver Surfer?

I know Onslaught is pretty powerful, but Strange or Surfer would give him a tough fight.

they will give him a tough fight but I just don't think they are going to beat him. I read the entire respect thread for strange and surfer and own all the onslaught comics and from what I can see onslaught takes this.

Roldz
they will give him a tough fight but I just don't think they are going to beat him. I read the entire respect thread for strange and surfer and own all the onslaught comics and from what I can see onslaught takes this.
Ive owned the Onlaught mini and crossover as well and I say Onslaught feats compares non to SS or Dr. strange.. I think alone each of this guys could take out Onslaught.. What really did Onslaught showed that allows him over against say SS and Strange the two both resisted reality manipulation on beings capable of traversing realities, making new realities possible.. Again what did Onslaught showed that the 2 hasnt seen before and conquered..

bigbran
powers of franklin Richards more then enough to make surfer into a sun

yeap he didn't expect all the heros to sacrifice themselves inorder to beat him. He was on purposly pissing hulk off so that he would break his shell.

So your saying sufer is more powerfull and better then uni-Lord and strange is more power and better then in-betweener? just because they beat someone doesn't mean their stronger or bettter or more powerful. Wolverine has beaten hulk but that's PIS like a bunch of other fights. Still, did he show any of these powers?

So a being as high as Onslaught got blindsided by the heros? eek!

No, but that is how they deal with beings higher than Onslaught, and Strange does that on the daily.

jasofisc
Ive owned the Onlaught mini and crossover as well and I say Onslaught feats compares non to SS or Dr. strange.. I think alone each of this guys could take out Onslaught.. What really did Onslaught showed that allows him over against say SS and Strange the two both resisted reality manipulation on beings capable of traversing realities, making new realities possible.. Again what did Onslaught showed that the 2 hasnt seen before and conquered..

um beating phonix, beating down thor (along with all the other superheros) out smarting dr. doom and reed, did i mention that he had the powers of fraklen which are nearly equal to galactus. beating down juggernaught. If onslaught would have gotten serous he would have destroyed the earth and every superhero on it. Now I will give surfer and strange creidit stange is thanos level (with out help or prep) and surfer is pretty bad @## But it's not enough to contend with a guy of this power. How can they really beat him. Physcal attacks wont work (which is why I think you guys don't know anything about onslaught) he is pure psionic energy and they don't have the power to absorb all of that if all the heros on earth could barely do that.

thedude1948
Physcal attacks wont work (which is why I think you guys don't know anything about onslaught)

Do you really think the only type of attacks that Surfer and Strange can do are physical?

jasofisc
Still, did he show any of these powers?

So a being as high as Onslaught got blindsided by the heros? eek!

No, but that is how they deal with beings higher than Onslaught, and Strange does that on the daily.

he was a bad guy he has to lose that doesn't mean he should have or that he really cared to fight them in the first place he was using them.

The second part doesn't mean they can win in a kmc fight with out plot devices. in the comics yeah they would win but not on here.

MightyEInherjar
I'm pretty sure Surfer or Strange wouldn't have a problem containing Onslaughts power...heck Strange alone has taken down bigger threats by himself, or at least neutralized them.

jasofisc
Do you really think the only type of attacks that Surfer and Strange can do are physical?

no but I don't think their psionic ones are going to beat him. Prof. X has been stated to be more powerful then strange before (pro. x respect threat a scan taken from a dr. strange comic if i remember correctly.

jasofisc
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
I'm pretty sure Surfer or Strange wouldn't have a problem containing Onslaughts power...heck Strange alone has taken down bigger threats by himself, or at least neutralized them.

i agree with strange taking down bigger threats but that doesn't mean he can do it here. Most of the time he takes down the biger threats with the help of gods and cosmics he summons. That's out side help. if he is able to summon chaos and order for this fight then yeah he wins.

jasofisc
well i have to go I will continue debating tomarrow

bigbran
he was a bad guy he has to lose that doesn't mean he should have or that he really cared to fight them in the first place he was using them.

The second part doesn't mean they can win in a kmc fight with out plot devices. in the comics yeah they would win but not on here. Oh, of course he had to lose, but still, got blindsided.

Ya, but it shows how they deal with beings way higher than Onslaught.Originally posted by jasofisc
no but I don't think their psionic ones are going to beat him. Prof. X has been stated to be more powerful then strange before (pro. x respect threat a scan taken from a dr. strange comic if i remember correctly. no expression
Anyway...
Moondragon put X in a coma... in the same book, Surfer punked her in that department (mind).

thedude1948
no but I don't think their psionic ones are going to beat him. Prof. X has been stated to be more powerful then strange before (pro. x respect threat a scan taken from a dr. strange comic if i remember correctly.
Professor X is nowhere near Dr Strange's level.

jasofisc
Oh, of course he had to lose, but still, got blindsided.

Ya, but it shows how they deal with beings way higher than Onslaught. no expression
Anyway...
Moondragon put X in a coma... in the same book, Surfer punked her in that department (mind).

she put prof. x in a coma do you have a scan or are you reffering to the thanosi x

jasofisc
Professor X is nowhere near Dr Strange's level.

well i guess if you say so

however i would like to see or at least hear about a scan that states that. prof x is hard to juge because he rarely ever cuts lose. and just because he loses in a fight doesn't mean it's because he wasn't powerfull enough it can also mean that he didn't try hard enough

bigbran
she put prof. x in a coma do you have a scan or are you reffering to the thanosi x Infinity War #3, or Infinity Crusades #3, one of the two, I'll get it tomorrow.

I think it was a coma (I heard it on a site, but while I read it, I didn't see it, so who knows?), but if it wasn't she still whooped his ass, while Surfer reigned supreme.

I'll check it out tomorrow, and get scans.

Roldz
um beating phonix, beating down thor (along with all the other superheros) out smarting dr. doom and reed, did i mention that he had the powers of fraklen which are nearly equal to galactus. beating down juggernaught. If onslaught would have gotten serous he would have destroyed the earth and every superhero on it. Now I will give surfer and strange creidit stange is thanos level (with out help or prep) and surfer is pretty bad @## But it's not enough to contend with a guy of this power. How can they really beat him. Physcal attacks wont work (which is why I think you guys don't know anything about onslaught) he is pure psionic energy and they don't have the power to absorb all of that if all the heros on earth could barely do that.
Did you ever notice that Thor did not use Godblast or Jean Phoenix didnt go back in time and stop this from happening before it happened..
Whose to say he had complete control over Franklin and Nates powers, and I think Jugg was weaken for refusin to be Cytorakks champion.. All Onslaught did was blast and more blast didnt even destroy the freakin cities and no he wasnt toying w/ them and most of the guys who fought Onslaught was succeptible to Psychic attacks and nowhere near as powerfull as the 2 mentioned and those who are jobb.. Again SS and Strange destroyed planets, absorb and contained being more powerfull and shown feat above that of Onslaught.. Because of those reason each is capable of taken him out... Just my 2 cents

thedude1948
Infinity War #3, or Infinity Crusades #3, one of the two, I'll get it tomorrow.

I think it was a coma (I heard it on a site, but while I read it, I didn't see it, so who knows?), but if it wasn't she still whooped his ass, while Surfer reigned supreme.

I'll check it out tomorrow, and get scans. Yeah it was Infinity Crusade #3, Moondragon astrally projects herself to where Prof. X is talks to him for awhile and then fries his brain.

bigbran
Yeah it was Infinity Crusade #3, Moondragon astrally projects herself to where Prof. X is talks to him for awhile and then fries his brain. Ya, I remember, just not the comic...

bigbran
There we go.
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/8896/moondragonpwningx1bb0.th.jpg
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/3245/moondragonpwningx2bg7.th.jpg
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/338/moondragonpwningx3gs4.th.jpg

Ok, so I was wrong about one thing, in the same comic he doesn't defeat her.
I forget if he did or not exactly, I'll give more details later (I think he did though), but for now...
same attack!
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9770/surfervsmoondragon1ox6.th.jpg
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6182/surfervsmoondragon2nu2.th.jpg

Starhawk
I agree Dr Strange could deal with Onslaught fairly easily but not the Surfer.

Strange would just Banish Onslaught to another dimension and Onslaught would be trapped.

thtadthtshldntb
Dr Strange and the Silver Surfer can pawn Onslaught.

Onslaught never demonstrated power levels much beyond Magneto's.

The whole thing should have been over once the rest of the MU showed up but instead Thor and company had to job to make this x villain look good.

Does anyone really think that Onslaught is more powerful than Galactus? That was more power than the Earth threw at Galactus.

The Defenders toast Onslaught.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Starhawk
I agree Dr Strange could deal with Onslaught fairly easily but not the Surfer.

Strange would just Banish Onslaught to another dimension and Onslaught would be trapped.
Onslaught could use Franklin's powers to come back.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by thtadthtshldntb
Onslaught never demonstrated power levels much beyond Magneto's.
Since when has Magneto created a sun?

Starhawk
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Onslaught could use Franklin's powers to come back.

Outside of realites he creates himself. Franklin hasn't shown real dimension hopping capabilities.

juggernaut66666
Outside of realites he creates himself. Franklin hasn't shown real dimension hopping capabilities.
Sorry I meant Nate. Yeah Franklin hasn't but Nate did.

Starhawk
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Sorry I meant Nate. Yeah Franklin hasn't but Nate did.

That was due to the M'krann Crystal not his own powers.

doctorstrongbad
I always like the number advantage in a fight. The Defenders can take this battle.

nvrbeenwthagirl
IF the defenders can beat Phoenix or a celestial then they win. Cuz that is what kind of power Onslaught inside of him.

jasofisc
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
IF the defenders can beat Phoenix or a celestial then they win. Cuz that is what kind of power Onslaught inside of him.

finally someone who has a little idea of where onslaught is at. There is no suggestion that he didn't have full control of fraklen's powers or nates. and yeah if you read onslaught marvel universe reed says after hulk breaks onslaughts' shell that they had all been fools for doing that because it was exactly what he wanted. as for the hero's jobbing in what way most of the fight was off pannel or they couldn't get though his force field.

can the defenders beat onslaught yeah

is it likly under kmc rules no

jasofisc
There we go.
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/8896/moondragonpwningx1bb0.th.jpg
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/3245/moondragonpwningx2bg7.th.jpg
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/338/moondragonpwningx3gs4.th.jpg

Ok, so I was wrong about one thing, in the same comic he doesn't defeat her.
I forget if he did or not exactly, I'll give more details later (I think he did though), but for now...
same attack!
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9770/surfervsmoondragon1ox6.th.jpg
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6182/surfervsmoondragon2nu2.th.jpg

she sucker punched him that wasn't a fight. and since you are all crying job for the hero's in the onslaught saga (which you have no prof of) then i'm going to cry job for this one.

Starhawk
Dr Strange just Banishes the Psi-form to a plane of existance where it wont cause trouble.

Roldz
she sucker punched him that wasn't a fight. and since you are all crying job for the hero's in the onslaught saga (which you have no prof of) then i'm going to cry job for this one.
How is that a Piss when SS has fought and survived entites of pure psionic energy more than a couple of time.. This is not his first time beating a pure psionic/telepathic attack..
finally someone who has a little idea of where onslaught is at. There is no suggestion that he didn't have full control of fraklen's powers or nates. and yeah if you read onslaught marvel universe reed says after hulk breaks onslaughts' shell that they had all been fools for doing that because it was exactly what he wanted. as for the hero's jobbing in what way most of the fight was off pannel or they couldn't get though his force field.

can the defenders beat onslaught yeah

is it likly under kmc rules no
All speculation... Show me feats of what you mentioned not the other two
(Franklin and Nate) done by Onslaught, otherwise it does not count.. He gets beaten by the likes of SS or Strange or Thanos..

Stupid Rookie
Can't Strange summon the Vishanti to help. If so they own O. SS and and Hulk can occupy O long enough for Strange to use something. I mean the guy has had some success against much higher level beings.

jasofisc
How is that a Piss when SS has fought and survived entites of pure psionic energy more than a couple of time.. This is not his first time beating a pure psionic/telepathic attack..

(Franklin and Nate) done by Onslaught, otherwise it does not count.. He gets beaten by the likes of SS or Strange or Thanos..

how about how it took pretty much all the heros on earth to beat him. Also as i've stated before reed pretty much said that all they did up untell the very end was playing into onslaughts hands.

as for surfer surviving entites of pure psionic energy that doesn't mean he should have. ABC logic sucks wolverine has beaten the Hulk Hulk has beaten thor, thor has beat the silver surfer there for wolverine could beat the silver surfer.

Starhawk
And how exactly does he deal with Strange banishing him to another plane of existance?

jasofisc

the speculation is yours when you think that the heros were jobbering.

but yeah onslaught wasn't around for very long and most his showings are not his limit since it was his intent to use the hero's to help him reach his ultmate power level he could.

So I and everyone else has to speculate based on his powers exactly how powerfull he is. He has nate and fraklin's powers and that's more then enough to take surfer and strange (if stange doesn't get to summon his gods and cosmics like order and chaos)

jasofisc
And how exactly does he deal with Strange banishing him to another plane of existance?

beats him before he gets the chance. uses mags powers to open up a worm hole. Or he doesn't do anything and it's a ring out

Starhawk

but yeah onslaught wasn't around for very long and most his showings are not his limit since it was his intent to use the hero's to help him reach his ultmate power level he could.

So I and everyone else has to speculate based on his powers exactly how powerfull he is. He has nate and fraklin's powers and that's more then enough to take surfer and strange (if stange doesn't get to summon his gods and cosmics like order and chaos)

Why wont you awnser my question?

How exactly does he deal with Strange banishing him to another plane of existance? (He can do this with one wave of his hand as demonstrated in his fight against Thor)

jasofisc
Why wont you awnser my question?

How exactly does he deal with Strange banishing him to another plane of existance? (He can do this with one wave of his hand as demonstrated in his fight against Thor)

sorry I didn't see that before I answered the last ones

jasofisc
also onslaught could create an avatar for the first part incase stange does banish him, it will be an avatar.

jasofisc
i'm not saying the defenders can't win i'm just saying they won't take the majority against him. Just my opinion and do not think it's going to change like I said before i have read the stange and silver surfer respect thread and I know how powerfull they are I just don't think they are as power full as onslaught with out prep.

Starhawk
also onslaught could create an avatar for the first part incase stange does banish him, it will be an avatar.

He could Banish all of them at once.

jasofisc

really even if the true one was hiding and mentaly shielded

jasofisc

how about my other ideas will they work? would a worm hole be enough to get out of another dimention or reality munipulation power?

Starhawk
Franklin has only shown the ability to jump from a reality he creates to the 616 universe not any others. And Strange can sheild himself from Mental attacks.

Madvillain
Defenders 7/10

magic>psionics...and strange himself has experience with telepathy. defenders win.

bigbran
she sucker punched him that wasn't a fight. and since you are all crying job for the hero's in the onslaught saga (which you have no prof of) then i'm going to cry job for this one. Wait... she did the exact same thing she did to Surfer, that she did to X.

EXACT!

Roldz
how about how it took pretty much all the heros on earth to beat him. Also as i've stated before reed pretty much said that all they did up untell the very end was playing into onslaughts hands.

as for surfer surviving entites of pure psionic energy that doesn't mean he should have. ABC logic sucks wolverine has beaten the Hulk Hulk has beaten thor, thor has beat the silver surfer there for wolverine could beat the silver surfer.
Yes Onslaught manipulated the heroes, manipulated them to acquire Nate/Franklin also to split there function that is how he planed to win against all the heroes..Both Nate/Franklin was also fighting the influence that Onslaught had against them inside him. Taking that to account Onslaught does not have all the potential that Both Omega mutants possess therefore what theyre capable off on there own potentially does in no way make Onslaught similar in potential..

If his done it more than a few times and it is within his powers/abilities to counter such attacks wouldnt be piss, you wouldnt disagree if your quite familiar of Surfer application of powers.. There is no logic in comics..lol laughing ..

I can only speculate since your only providing me w/ no actual feats.. My above post is no specualtion since its been stated on panel.. that both mutant were fighting against Onslaught control.. He does not have all of Nate and Franklins powers.. FYI Franklins block his powers way before just dont know what FF4 issue and was realise via shock from the death of his families and friends.. What little powers Onslaught got Franklin is nothin much prior to the release..
Exactly How would you think Onslaught beat Strange and SS?

jasofisc
Yes Onslaught manipulated the heroes, manipulated them to acquire Nate/Franklin also to split there function that is how he planed to win against all the heroes..Both Nate/Franklin was also fighting the influence that Onslaught had against them inside him. Taking that to account Onslaught does not have all the potential that Both Omega mutants possess therefore what theyre capable off on there own potentially does in no way make Onslaught similar in potential..

If his done it more than a few times and it is within his powers/abilities to counter such attacks wouldnt be piss, you wouldnt disagree if your quite familiar of Surfer application of powers.. There is no logic in comics..lol laughing ..

I can only speculate since your only providing me w/ no actual feats.. My above post is no specualtion since its been stated on panel.. that both mutant were fighting against Onslaught control.. He does not have all of Nate and Franklins powers.. FYI Franklins block his powers way before just dont know what FF4 issue and was realise via shock from the death of his families and friends.. What little powers Onslaught got Franklin is nothin much prior to the release..

Onslaught would just blast them (telekenitik, magnitic, psionic) them untell they were unconsciences. (when has it been stated on panel that them fighing against his control ment anything at all to his power. ) also besides a ring out how are stange and surfer going to take out onslaught? Also what pure psionic beings have they fought? Also just because franklin block his power did not mean onslaught couldn't use them. He at first had a few problems using them but later in the saga he fully assimulted them and changed to his final form.
Another think if the only way the heros were able to get though onslaugt's shiled was thought the creativeness of dr. doom. now I know silver surfer and dr. stange are powerfull but are they more powerfull then the avengers, x-men, FF, and others?

jasofisc

oh and another think look at reed's comment in Onslaught marvel universe he said everything they have been doing was according to onslaughts plan (paraphrasing). that includes the hulk cracking his armor.

jasofisc
Wait... she did the exact same thing she did to Surfer, that she did to X.

EXACT!

true prof doesn't have the durability that surfer has.

jasofisc
it just wasn't a fight concidering prof x didn't defend himself in any way

Starhawk
Strange zaps him away to another deminsion.

bigbran
true prof doesn't have the durability that surfer has. It wasn't about duribility!
Do you think Drax could have taken the same attack Surfer did?
No.Originally posted by jasofisc
it just wasn't a fight concidering prof x didn't defend himself in any way Neither did Surfer!
The exact same thing happened to each one of them, exactly!
Surfer took it way, way, way, way, way, way, better!

jasofisc
It wasn't about duribility!
Do you think Drax could have taken the same attack Surfer did?
No. Neither did Surfer!
The exact same thing happened to each one of them, exactly!
Surfer took it way, way, way, way, way, way, better!

surfer was smoking after his attack it could have been a teleknitic attack instead of a telepathione. therefore if proff x got hit by the same attack he would be ash.

jasofisc
Strange zaps him away to another deminsion.

we have already been over that one (and he's going to get him if he sends a avatar and strange basnishes him and onslaught blind sights him.

so other then that what

Starhawk
Strange would just zap him and his avatars away. He's done it with dormammu and his army before.

jasofisc
Strange would just zap him and his avatars away. He's done it with dormammu and his army before.

and then what would he do to onslaught himself

Starhawk
He would banish Big O and his avatars away at the same time.

jasofisc
He would banish Big O and his avatars away at the same time.

other then that

Starhawk
He doesn't need anything else then that.

jasofisc
so he does that and onslaught using mags powers creats a wormhole and gets out. or onslaught blugens him to death before he can wave his hand. I've already conceaded that it was possible for that to work.

Starhawk
When did Mags ever make a wormhole? And theres no way he could take Strange out before he casts his spell.

jasofisc
When did Mags ever make a wormhole? And theres no way he could take Strange out before he casts his spell.

yess their is he could just hit strange really really hard (like he did the hulk except with the hulk he was holding back)

at the end of dissembled mags makes a wormhole and grabs wanda

Starhawk
But he never displayed dimension hopping power. And Big O can't speedblitz hence he couldn't stop Strange in time.

jasofisc
But he never displayed dimension hopping power. And Big O can't speedblitz hence he couldn't stop Strange in time.

why can't he speed blitz (i'm not saying he's a speedster or anything but at least as fast as strange)

If he can make a worm hole i don't see why that worm hole can't get him out of a dimension. I asked you about that like a page ago. as for Onslaught really geting out of another dimension I don't know if he can. the best bet he will have to defend himself against that type of an attack is to get away as fast as possible or let an avatar fight them first while he is at a concelled location.

other then the deffenders cracking his shell then for silver surfer, hulk and namor to go into onslaughts psionic form then for strange to kill them and onslaught I really can't think of a way they are going to beat him. Once he's in his final form their really isn't anything they can do to him though physical means. I don't even know if psionic attacks would work on him either.

Roldz
Onslaught would just blast them (telekenitik, magnitic, psionic) them untell they were unconsciences. also besides a ring out how are stange and surfer going to take out onslaught? Also what pure psionic beings have they fought? Another think if the only way the heros were able to get though onslaugt's shiled was thought the creativeness of dr. doom. now I know silver surfer and dr. stange are powerfull but are they more powerfull then the avengers, x-men, FF, and others?
Durability wise both have survived planetary/Nova explosion, blackholes/extreme gravity implosion.. Then theres SS speed, Onslaught posses none of the reflex to match those.. First off Strange wells time to stop (from then on there would be so much option he has at his disposal), Travel back in time and stop Onslaught from being created, possess artifact within him artifacts that nearly hold off IG, banishment, absortion.. Same w/ SS could absorb what Onslaught since his pure psionic energy, you know him being capable of absorbing soul to psionic energy and thats against a totality/presentation of reality kinda like Eternity but on a diff. reality, Binds himself to Onslaught and free both mutants his done this to Unilord, Travel back in time, or just pure destructive force, BFR him to diff. dimention or end of time.. Those are just a few option they have at there disposal that i could think off right now... For psionic being the fought well theres Umar, The Other/or manifestation of it (SS won against the manifestation but not the totality of the Other), The mind gem.. Heck they've fought abstract beings before some won and lost..

Why would he have to fully assimilate them if he already fully in control of there powers on the first place?
Fully assimilated they were not, the two were rescued.. To be fully assimilated is to become one with them or them to him, yet they were able to yank them out...
If he was able to undo the block that Franklin full potential put to himself
that would mean he was above him already on the first place and would not need Franklin if his capable of that kind of power.. So many what if's, this is why i deslike dicussin about speculations...

The energy you see is SS displaying his powers, notice the color of the blast differs from energy being displayed..

Bentley
While SS speedblitz Onslaught, Strange does strange things and Hulk smashes. Namor takes pictures for the undersea version of the Dialy Bugle and goes for a swim.

Onslaught can win, but Strange will just chop his access to Franklin's powers (not as complicated as absorbing Shuma Gorath's) and then O goes down like a chump.

jasofisc
Durability wise both have survived planetary/Nova explosion, blackholes/extreme gravity implosion.. Then theres SS speed, Onslaught posses none of the reflex to match those.. First off Strange wells time to stop (from then on there would be so much option he has at his disposal), Travel back in time and stop Onslaught from being created, possess artifact within him artifacts that nearly hold off IG, banishment, absortion.. Same w/ SS could absorb what Onslaught since his pure psionic energy, you know him being capable of absorbing soul to psionic energy and thats against a totality/presentation of reality kinda like Eternity but on a diff. reality, Binds himself to Onslaught and free both mutants his done this to Unilord, Travel back in time, or just pure destructive force, BFR him to diff. dimention or end of time.. Those are just a few option they have at there disposal that i could think off right now... For psionic being the fought well theres Umar, The Other/or manifestation of it (SS won against the manifestation but not the totality of the Other), The mind gem.. Heck they've fought abstract beings before some won and lost..

Why would he have to fully assimilate them if he already fully in control of there powers on the first place?
Fully assimilated they were not, the two were rescued.. To be fully assimilated is to become one with them or them to him, yet they were able to yank them out...
If he was able to undo the block that Franklin full potential put to himself
that would mean he was above him already on the first place and would not need Franklin if his capable of that kind of power.. So many what if's, this is why i deslike dicussin about speculations...

The energy you see is SS displaying his powers, notice the color of the blast differs from energy being displayed..

just because the color is differt doesn't mean anything and it was smoke from what i could see your streaching.

assemlation is differnt from comic to comic. x was rescuded too that doesn't mean he wasn't assimulated. any way that in no way suggest that he didn't have full control of his powers. once again it was never stated on panel that he didn't have full control of their powers you made that up same with most of your info on onslaught.

As for your fight senario I could see how that would work. However if onslaught goes all out and hit him with everything he has he going to do a lot of dammage and onslaught can do that while holding the rest at bay like he did in Onslaught x-men. as for SS and Strange surviving plantary explosions and supernova's that the worst kind of pis in comics for a non galactus level person to do that. Yeah I know that they have done it. But if they have that kind of duriblity then any hit they would sustain that would even move their head would destroy the the city they were in by the force of the blow. This just doesn't happen in their comics so it's inconsistent.

In the thanos run (actully i don't remember what comic this happened in) where the cosmic hero's were fighing omega (a thanos clone that also had the dna of galactus) Thanos whose energy beams have bested surfer in one blow were said to be able to destroy mountains. That's really cool but if surfer is able to surive a supernove without so much as sweating those beams from thaons shouldn't do anything. So what i'm saying is surfer and strange (in fact anybody besides galactus) Should go down with a force that can destroy mountains. which I beleve onslaught has at his disposal.

Starhawk
The fact that he can travel all over earth with these 'holes' doesnt mean it works accross dimensions.

Thor tried to attack Strange and got banished. I don't see Big O going faster then Thor.

jasofisc
The fact that he can travel all over earth with these 'holes' doesnt mean it works accross dimensions.

Thor tried to attack Strange and got banished. I don't see Big O going faster then Thor.

true enough and your right it doesn't mean he can do that accross dimensions he's only done it once and that was across the world. I just think that it might work since no one really know much about worm holes an in event horizon that ship could dimentional hop thanks to a worm hole.

Roldz
just because the color is differt doesn't mean anything and it was smoke from what i could see your streaching.

assemlation is differnt from comic to comic. x was rescuded too that doesn't mean he wasn't assimulated. any way that in no way suggest that he didn't have full control of his powers. once again it was never stated on panel that he didn't have full control of their powers you made that up same with most of your info on onslaught.

As for your fight senario I could see how that would work. However if onslaught goes all out and hit him with everything he has he going to do a lot of dammage and onslaught can do that while holding the rest at bay like he did in Onslaught x-men. as for SS and Strange surviving plantary explosions and supernova's that the worst kind of pis in comics for a non galactus level person to do that. Yeah I know that they have done it. But if they have that kind of duriblity then any hit they would sustain that would even move their head would destroy the the city they were in by the force of the blow. This just doesn't happen in their comics so it's inconsistent.

In the thanos run (actully i don't remember what comic this happened in) where the cosmic hero's were fighing omega (a thanos clone that also had the dna of galactus) Thanos whose energy beams have bested surfer in one blow were said to be able to destroy mountains. That's really cool but if surfer is able to surive a supernove without so much as sweating those beams from thaons shouldn't do anything. So what i'm saying is surfer and strange (in fact anybody besides galactus) Should go down with a force that can destroy mountains. which I beleve onslaught has at his disposal.
http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?image=surfervsmoondragon2nu2.jpg
I was reffering to the bottom panel not the middle but it really doent matter his taken out telepathic attacks before..
He was born from the minds of prof. X differ than assimilation, and i could say desame, its was never stated he had full control of both the mutants power.. Again your speculating about the full powers of Onslaught basing it to the potential that both mutant were capable off, feats that they themselves accomplish way after the Onslaught saga which alot of char. development on there part happened after that event.. The only way i can debate against that is through speculation and my own view on that event (Onslaught arc).. This is how i see it, unless you can prove me otherwise then am not wrong..

Hit him with everythin like what Solar/Galaxy destorying blast? Even if he could do it how in heck is he going to hit them, both are SOFL faster than him.. I quess you're calling majority of SS and Strange comics Piss then, Kinda funny considering your argument of a char's is only based on speculation of own power not actual feat like what SS/Strange done..
And yeah SS/Strange has taken Planetary to Solar destroying blast before not unscathe but survived..

You mean desame Thanos that challenge and put up a good fight against Odin/Tyrant/Maker/WMThor w/ power gem/and all the heroes of Earth...

jasofisc
http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?image=surfervsmoondragon2nu2.jpg
I was reffering to the bottom panel not the middle but it really doent matter his taken out telepathic attacks before..
He was born from the minds of prof. X differ than assimilation, and i could say desame, its was never stated he had full control of both the mutants power.. Again your speculating about the full powers of Onslaught basing it to the potential that both mutant were capable off, feats that they themselves accomplish way after the Onslaught saga which alot of char. development on there part happened after that event.. The only way i can debate against that is through speculation and my own view on that event (Onslaught arc).. This is how i see it, unless you can prove me otherwise then am not wrong..

Hit him with everythin like what Solar/Galaxy destorying blast? Even if he could do it how in heck is he going to hit them, both are SOFL faster than him.. I quess you're calling majority of SS and Strange comics Piss then, Kinda funny considering your argument of a char's is only based on speculation of own power not actual feat like what SS/Strange done..

And yeah SS/Strange has taken Planetary to Solar destroying blast before not unscathe but survived..

You mean desame Thanos that challenge and put up a good fight against Odin/Tyrant/Maker/WMThor w/ power gem/and all the heroes of Earth...

my thanos comment was to show the inconsistancy of the power of cosmics. If they can survive at all a supernova then nothing less then a plantary explostion scale attack should even get their attention. But thanos whose beam are stated as mountain destroying is able to take out quite a few cosmic (people belove skyfather level like ss) with one blow. The point of this comment is that cosmic level battles are not as planet shattering as people make them out to be. And quite a few comics of both surfer and strange they don't destroy planets and attacks that are far less then supernova's have taken them out.

I was think you ment the middle panel that was my fault. But my point is still valid as far as it being a different attack (telekinitic instead of telepathic)

yes you could say the same and your opinion would be as vaild as mine. but you said earlyer that it was on panel which it was not.

As far as this fight goes what are the diffenders going to really do to onslaught (expect for battle field removal) If strange goes back in time then he's removing himself from the battle. they can blast him with all the energy they have and it's not going to make a difference the best they can hope for is to crack his shell. Then what? they blast him some more that's not going to do anything. Their telepathic attacks are not going to help either he is living psionic energy. the only way I can see them wining is the one i stated above.

Roldz
Dis-regard this wrong thread...lol

Starhawk
Im sorry but Dr Strange would take this hands down.

Roldz
my thanos comment was to show the inconsistancy of the power of cosmics. If they can survive at all a supernova then nothing less then a plantary explostion scale attack should even get their attention. But thanos whose beam are stated as mountain destroying is able to take out quite a few cosmic (people belove skyfather level like ss) with one blow. The point of this comment is that cosmic level battles are not as planet shattering as people make them out to be. And quite a few comics of both surfer and strange they don't destroy planets and attacks that are far less then supernova's have taken them out.

Thats probably the only issue youll see someone mentioned Thanos blast equals to leveling a mountain, heck Havok blast are capable of doing that.. Depending on the writer, Chars varies in power say SS being brought down by a block of cement then a little later he takes a planetary blast from the like of Korvak.. Or how bout taken a barrage of hit from a savage Hulk (No banner) and is unscathe, this guy broke Onslaughts armor.. Tell me somethin other than Thanos theres not many that even remotely hurt SS, dont even get me started w/ Strange.. You can protest all you want but its been shown on consistant bases that this Chars are capable of withstanding those kind of attack and also capable of dishing it as well... Whats the point of writing them that way it would be over too soon, thats why you always see them writin holding back, specially in cases of SS...

How often do you see Moondragon do TK blast ive never even seen her do it, Ive read Warlocks IW/Chronicles series and shes always done psionic attacks, so why would she suddenly change her tactics to TK attacks... Strange..

I was referring to Both Franklin/Nate fighting off Onslaughts hold on them and thats on panel and from there on i speculated about Onslaughts level of power..

Living psionic energies as i say whats to stop them from absorbing/bind him Strange has done that to the likes of IB or Shura.. SS could also absorb him his done that this absorb enough psionic energies to lay waste a Universe against an Abstract, way beyond Onslaught..

jasofisc
Thats probably the only issue youll see someone mentioned Thanos blast equals to leveling a mountain, heck Havok blast are capable of doing that.. Depending on the writer, Chars varies in power say SS being brought down by a block of cement then a little later he takes a planetary blast from the like of Korvak.. Or how bout taken a barrage of hit from a savage Hulk (No banner) and is unscathe, this guy broke Onslaughts armor.. Tell me somethin other than Thanos theres not many that even remotely hurt SS, dont even get me started w/ Strange.. You can protest all you want but its been shown on consistant bases that this Chars are capable of withstanding those kind of attack and also capable of dishing it as well... Whats the point of writing them that way it would be over too soon, thats why you always see them writin holding back, specially in cases of SS...

How often do you see Moondragon do TK blast ive never even seen her do it, Ive read Warlocks IW/Chronicles series and shes always done psionic attacks, so why would she suddenly change her tactics to TK attacks... Strange..

I was referring to Both Franklin/Nate fighting off Onslaughts hold on them and thats on panel and from there on i speculated about Onslaughts level of power..

Living psionic energies as i say whats to stop them from absorbing/bind him Strange has done that to the likes of IB or Shura.. SS could also absorb him his done that this absorb enough psionic energies to lay waste a Universe against an Abstract, way beyond Onslaught..

Sooooo Silver surfer is abstract level now?.... Just because he's beaten people more powerfull then onslaught doesn't mean he can beat onslaught on a kmc fight. also if thor could not contain onslaught by himself how is silver going to.

yeah them "fighting off onslaughts hold on them" is on panel however them doing that and having an effect is not.

How often do you see tp blast leave smoke? that's even more lutercris then her useing a tk blast

As for the power level thing i perfer to go by they average power showings not their highest. Also I think i gave my reasoning that if they are so durible and powerful they would not be able to fight on a planet (because it would be destoied even if they were holding back) surfer and stange are beats no doubt about it but they are still able to fight on a planet and strain to beat someone with out destoying the planet. Surfer took a punch from she-hulk and it barely moved his head and she hurt her hand. but if the supernove thing is hold true for his duriblity then her punch should be able to destoy a planet and the force of her hand hitting his head should destroy the whole nation they were in. Their power levels just don't hold though or make any since. All writers should get together and decited on the max power character should have so morons don't get carried away. (btw havok destoying a mountain is total PIS if he's ever done that)

darthgoober
I say the team takes this. Onslaught may be POTENTIALLY as powerful as Franklin, but he lacks the feats to prove it, and Franklin's powers are the only thing that would give Onslaught a chance to win this IMO.

jasofisc
Originally posted by darthgoober
I say the team takes this. Onslaught may be POTENTIALLY as powerful as Franklin, but he lacks the feats to prove it, and Franklin's powers are the only thing that would give Onslaught a chance to win this IMO.

i agree I'm just have a hard time believing that those four could beat someone who all the other teams and a few villains had a very very very very hard time with.

Starhawk
That's Dr.Strange for ya.

darthgoober
i agree I'm just have a hard time believing that those four could beat someone who all the other teams and a few villains had a very very very very hard time with.
Yes but Thor was just about the only significantly powerful person of note in that fight, he didn't fight to NEAR his capability.

Marvel wanted to do the whole "Heroes Reborn" thing. That's the only reason it worked out that way.

jasofisc
Yes but Thor was just about the only significantly powerful person of note in that fight, he didn't fight to NEAR his capability.

Marvel wanted to do the whole "Heroes Reborn" thing. That's the only reason it worked out that way.

I don't think that was the reason (I don't know) dr. doom, hulk, josph were there. reed was also there him and his group have been able to take out a lot higher cosmics before

darthgoober
I don't think that was the reason (I don't know) dr. doom, hulk, josph were there. reed was also there him and his group have been able to take out a lot higher cosmics before
Well Hulk is a one trick pony(which is why he ranks as a VERY low herald level character), so his being there didn't really mean much. And Joseph's power was countered by the fact that Onslaught had all of Magneto's abilities, he also wasn't worth much in the grand scheme of things either. Doom and Reed COULD have been a major asset, but their usefulness was negated by their use of the prep they had available. With prep, both Reed and Doom have shown the ability to create devices that could take out cosmic level beings(like you said), but they didn't do anything like that against Onslaught, so their inability to beat him didn't really say much for Onslaught's overall power.

jasofisc
I'm still saying onslaugth takes this we didn't see one tenth of his potential in the saga. plus i don't think the defenders could take the x-men, FF, Avengers, Hulk, Doctor doom and a host of others.

darthgoober
I'm still saying onslaugth takes this we didn't see one tenth of his potential in the saga. plus i don't think the defenders could take the x-men, FF, Avengers, Hulk, Doctor doom and a host of others.
Exactly, POTENTIAL. He never displayed abilities that would put him over this team of heroes. Beyond what he's ACTUALLY shown, it's all just speculation. It could be easily said, that Surfer hasn't shown all of his potential as well, but that kind of thing isn't really usable in a debate. If he had shown any real mastery of Franklin's abilities, then there's a good chance that he could take it, but since he never showed that level of ability, the Defenders take it every time.

jasofisc
Exactly, POTENTIAL. He never displayed abilities that would put him over this team of heroes. Beyond what he's ACTUALLY shown, it's all just speculation. It could be easily said, that Surfer hasn't shown all of his potential as well, but that kind of thing isn't really usable in a debate. If he had shown any real mastery of Franklin's abilities, then there's a good chance that he could take it, but since he never showed that level of ability, the Defenders take it every time.

yeah but he never has even strained to do anything (in his final form) it's totaly differnt from the whole surfer thing.

darthgoober
yeah but he never has even strained to do anything (in his final form) it's totaly differnt from the whole surfer thing.
How much effort he put into his feats is irrelevant. Beyond what he has ACTUALLY done, it's all just speculation. I could just as easily speculate that since Surfer has shown the ability to absorb just about every form of energy he's ever tried to absorb easily, then he should be able to absorb the Psionic energy that makes up Onslaught. But doing that would just be unfounded speculation. All we can go by is what they've actually shown to be able to do, and Onslaught hasn't shown the feats to take out this team.

jasofisc
How much effort he put into his feats is irrelevant. Beyond what he has ACTUALLY done, it's all just speculation. I could just as easily speculate that since Surfer has shown the ability to absorb just about every form of energy he's ever tried to absorb easily, then he should be able to absorb the Psionic energy that makes up Onslaught. But doing that would just be unfounded speculation. All we can go by is what they've actually shown to be able to do, and Onslaught hasn't shown the feats to take out this team.

well i guess that's true but how are you suppost to take a character at there best when they didn't show their best in anyway or even close. i think I said earlyer that I was speculating about the extent of his powers. So yeah i just don't think they can beat him 10 out of 10. maybe 4 or 5 out of 10

Roldz
Sooooo Silver surfer is abstract level now?.... Just because he's beaten people more powerfull then onslaught doesn't mean he can beat onslaught on a kmc fight. also if thor could not contain onslaught by himself how is silver going to.

Did i say SS is abstract? His won the fight because of the how his powers work, bad story line but its cannon and can be used as a feat..
Thor is written poorly in that Arc, for goodness sake check out his respect thread and you'll see why.. Heck check SS/Strange..

Here's a scenario for you man; 2 people fighting for 1 power source, do you think 1 of the 2 gets full access of the power source specially if there still fighting for it? common sense man..

your basing this in 1 panel even dough Moondragoon which you probably dont know much or read about do tk blast a blast she hasnt done ever on panel but has mostly done psionic blast...

They have great control over there own powers thats why SS can manipulate on a molecular level so is Strange..

Sorry, but your not making sense here man.. How would She-Hulk punch freakin destroys the nation because of Surfers durability???
You should'nt call people morons specially the way your basing all your argumentation on speculation while ours are actual feats..

Starhawk
well i guess that's true but how are you suppost to take a character at there best when they didn't show their best in anyway or even close. i think I said earlyer that I was speculating about the extent of his powers. So yeah i just don't think they can beat him 10 out of 10. maybe 4 or 5 out of 10

With Dr Strange on the team its a 10/10.

jasofisc
Did i say SS is abstract? His won the fight because of the how his powers work, bad story line but its cannon and can be used as a feat..
Thor is written poorly in that Arc, for goodness sake check out his respect thread and you'll see why.. Heck check SS/Strange..

Here's a scenario for you man; 2 people fighting for 1 power source, do you think 1 of the 2 gets full access of the power source specially if there still fighting for it? common sense man..

your basing this in 1 panel even dough Moondragoon which you probably dont know much or read about do tk blast a blast she hasnt done ever on panel but has mostly done psionic blast...

They have great control over there own powers thats why SS can manipulate on a molecular level so is Strange..

Sorry, but your not making sense here man.. How would She-Hulk punch freakin destroys the nation because of Surfers durability???
You should'nt call people morons specially the way your basing all your argumentation on speculation while ours are actual feats..

Her punch would not destroy a nation that's my point. But if surfer can withstand a freakin supernova a punch from she hulk should not even move his head. If anybody understands exactly how powerfull a supernova is then they would know that if someone could withstand one nothing short of a moon destroying hit should even get their attention. the point of my entree was that cosmics are up and down in their durability to ridiculous levels. This is due to writers of comics not passing 8th grade physical science.

My point which i made very early on is that i was speculating on onslaughts powers because we really didn't see a good repersentation on them in the saga because of his plan for the heros. The only real feat i'm basing my argument on is that it took the avengers, x-men, ff, doctor doom and other to beat him ( and they were very hard pressed to do so)

That panel showed smoke a TP attack is not physical so there would be no smoke. Also another think i would bring up that it may have been the same type of attack but that doesn't mean that it was the same intensity.

your logic is flawed about nate and fraklen fighting over the power with onslaught. It's more like two prisoners fighting to get out. they had no access to there powers while in onslaught. their is nothing to suggest that they in anyway had any control they were trying to fight it but had no success.

I can't stand it when a top tier character is acctually shown to be beat by a non abstrac level character and every body crys PIS. Not every thor arc is he shown to use every single option available to him. Just because he doesn't god blast everyone (or is shown to) doesn't mean he's not trying. How does anybody know that he was fighing to the best of his ablity and onslaught just wasn't more powerfull. you know when thor fought strange and surfer I don't remember him ever god blasting them.

jasofisc
With Dr Strange on the team its a 10/10.

with prep yeah but not with out. The only ways I see strange wining it for this team is the banishment thing. i don't know if the binding thing will work since onslaught isn't a spiritual entity. also as I said before the rest sacrificing themselves to give onslaught a body would also work.

tjcoady

Well aside from Hulk being on the defenders- they did take all of them in "The Order" storyline... just not all at once

-Tim

jasofisc
Originally posted by tjcoady
Well aside from Hulk being on the defenders- they did take all of them in "The Order" storyline... just not all at once

-Tim

they did? I thought they just took out the avengers (-thor) does anybody have pics of this

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.