Pious Augustus vs. Kelthuzad.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TricksterPriest
Pious Augustus vs. KelThuzad, the battle of the liches. Eternal Darkness vs. Warcraft 3.

Both of these two have certainly seen better days and are extremely old. They're also among the premier magic users in their worlds.

To be fair, neither gets access to their boss's power supply. No artifact for Pious, no frozen throne for Kel. Premise is simple. The lich king has sent Kel to seize an artifact so he can get a power boost. As soon as he gets there, the ancient zaps him and Pious into a sub dimensional pocket. The ancient, decides to see if Kel is a better candidate for it's avatar than Pious. Pious has access only to the magic of his chosen ancient. Insanity effect is present, but quite frankly, I'm not sure if it will work on Kel. You guys can pick whichever ancient you want Pious to represent. But no Mantorok.

Let the battle of the Liches commence!

Burning thought
hmmm i cant really say much, i dont know who this Pious fellow is so il simply say kelthuzard because i know him

but Kelth has extremely powerful mind control, can create indestructable shields around himself, make ice shields, call forth extremely powerful frost magic, dark voids that can vaporise their targets (these are slow tho so if Pious is fast he may aboid it), Kelth can create Death and decay, rotting away his enemies to nothing, even undead this effects, Freze his enemies in ice....

not sure if Pious can survive any or most of this tho...sincei dont know him, is there a link to info on him?

TricksterPriest
Actually, Pious is the stronger candidate in this fight, seeing as how he's over a millenium or two old. Not to mention that Eternal Darkess has a weird spell system. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pious_Augustus It's hard to call, since neither gets prep. Though personally, Pious would win with prep.

Mesirus
Its pains me to say Kel'Thuzad takes a fall. One of my Warcraft faves too sad

He's not quite powerful enough to take Pious down, could really hurt him though.

Burning thought
hmm personally i dont think kelthuzard falls, i think this is a rather fair and drawn out match that could take extreme amounts of time....although that Wiki page doesnt really say his powers or abilities, what can Pious do to kelthuzard, also he seems smaller than kelthuzard since hes a centurian skeleton in armour, is he the same size as a man?

from my perspective, i think kelthuzard would win due to the fact the only way to beat him in the game is with 40 characters of great power in WoW who each have an awsome line of diffrent magics, even with this many and with a perfect strategy the players can be destroyed or find enormous difficulty and theres 40 of them

so taking that into account i would imagine that having to only fight a single opponent would be easier than 40...ofcourse he doesnt have minions in this fight but in WoW you rely on other classes to mix together to form a force to defeat the badasses of the game, since Pious doesnt have help he could be Frozen...mind controled and made to help Kelthuzard by buffing him or such or casting debuffs on himself and then he can still be hit by extremely powerful frost magic or the even more powerful shadow void that could probably almost instantly kill him

Mesirus
Originally posted by Burning thought
hmm personally i dont think kelthuzard falls, i think this is a rather fair and drawn out match that could take extreme amounts of time....although that Wiki page doesnt really say his powers or abilities, what can Pious do to kelthuzard, also he seems smaller than kelthuzard since hes a centurian skeleton in armour, is he the same size as a man?

from my perspective, i think kelthuzard would win due to the fact the only way to beat him in the game is with 40 characters of great power in WoW who each have an awsome line of diffrent magics, even with this many and with a perfect strategy the players can be destroyed or find enormous difficulty and theres 40 of them

so taking that into account i would imagine that having to only fight a single opponent would be easier than 40...ofcourse he doesnt have minions in this fight but in WoW you rely on other classes to mix together to form a force to defeat the badasses of the game, since Pious doesnt have help he could be Frozen...mind controled and made to help Kelthuzard by buffing him or such or casting debuffs on himself and then he can still be hit by extremely powerful frost magic or the even more powerful shadow void that could probably almost instantly kill him

Good point, the problem is i don't know much about Pious. I've heard things, but no specifics, i know he gave a friend of mine alot of trouble. Kel'Thuzard was the second in command for the scourge, so yeah, he has some real mojo.

In that way i dislike WoW, making the best characters killable erm Heard somewhere they are making Kargath Bladefist a boss, that would be low sad

Burning thought
i like making some characters killable, otherwise you cannot prolong their story, and apparently the current Kelthuzard isnt one of his strong versions, but personally id like to be able to fight and kill illidan and Kelthuzard, Magtheridon the pit lord, Arthas/Lich King eventually...the Arthas fight will prob be madness.....if kelthuzards power in-game is greater than that of an ancient god.....heavens knows Lich Kings power now....

but yeh Kelthuzard has a lot of bonuses on his size

also what do you think the DPS of cloud would be if he was made in WoW, id guess about 1000 dmg per second....which is alot...he could prob hit 3k crits per hit

and yes its true, Kargath is a boss, one of the last in the hellfire citidel in TBC, he looks quite a cool boss

Mesirus
Cloud? yeah 1000 DPS or something of the sort.

Not like, gang raped all day by people, who will then call them weak because the 40 on 1 made them win.

Burning thought
Originally posted by Mesirus
Cloud? yeah 1000 DPS or something of the sort.

Not like, gang raped all day by people, who will then call them weak because the 40 on 1 made them win.

hehe yeah but their not gang raped, most guilds havnt even seen kelthuzard, he is an incredible challenge worthy of 40 people and hours of peoples time....

TricksterPriest
Back to the topic, has anyone played Eternal Darkness? Cause this is going to be really annoying to explain if not. ED has weird magic system and a complex story. I'm gonna wait for someone who has played.

IMO, this is a pretty good match. But without backup, and solo, Kel's screwed. Pious has 2000+ years of experience in magic and physical combat. Not to mention his own considerable magick reserves and his giant bone staff. Kel's just outclassed, whether it's the power of Chatturgha, the magick of Ulyaoth, of the insanity of Xelotath.

Burning thought
what makes you say hes outclasses.....kelthuzards age is unknown itself, at least to me, he could be near 1000 years old, and whats age to do with anything.....experiance is good but age doesnt neccerily make you powerful completly.....kelthuzard would pwn Pious in my opinion....he can make invlunerable shield and can caste voids of darkness to blast you to oblivion or frost that can cause instant frostbite to anyone who isnt sitting in molten steel stick out tongue

TricksterPriest
Ok, burning, not one more word from you until you play ED. One thing I can't stand is fanboyism especially when the person doesn't know the opposition. And for the record, we know Kel isn't thousands of years old. He died in WC3 and was brought back as a lich. Now, we don't know how much time has passed since Frozen throne, so a few hundred years ok. But not thousands.

Burning thought
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Ok, burning, not one more word from you until you play ED. One thing I can't stand is fanboyism especially when the person doesn't know the opposition. And for the record, we know Kel isn't thousands of years old. He died in WC3 and was brought back as a lich. Now, we don't know how much time has passed since Frozen throne, so a few hundred years ok. But not thousands.

fanboyism, i dont care about Kelthuzard, not enough to be a fanboy, ime more fanboyish to Kain from LOK series or id dfend the Lich King or some others but Pious from nothing ive read displays any of his power, all i know is it takes 40 really powerful players to defeat him in WoW, it takes how many people to take Pious, from what i red it sounds about 7 or so..maby less...

Mesirus
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

Sorry friend, you going to have to tell me some, just give the the general idea of what Pious can do please.

I'm a walking dictionary on the world of Warcraft, all i know about Kel'thuzad that will be relevant here.

Kel'thuzad was a human when Arthas originally slain him, so he's not beyond 70. His powers have developed considerably since his appearance in Warcraft III, he has even learn how to cheat death, his soul can remain in the nether until he is once more brought into the world.

His attacks and powers:
Dark Blast - A touch attack, causing a life stealing attack.
Unstoppable Abomination - Causes and healing or restoration effects to be severely reduced.
Wail of Souls - A large area shadow attack that causes the foes to fly back from the power of the attack, its causes heavy magical damage
Frost single Bolt - Single large frost bolt, causes target to be frozen or slowed
Frost multi Bolt - As powerful as the single but is spilt into 4 smaller bolts
Chains of Kel'thuzad - Size increased by 200%. Charmed. Damage increased by 200%. Healing increased by 500%. They will buff and heal Kel'Thuzad.
Mana Detonation - The target will explode after 5 sec, burn half of his mana and deal the damage equal to half of his mana to all enemies within 10 yards of him.
Frost Blast - Freezes enemy for 5 secs rendering them powerless, in which time the enemy will suffer damage based on their total life, they will die if not healed or rescued
Shadow Fissure - His major power, a pattern appears below the enemy, then erupts causes incredible damage.

Burning thought
surely a single frost blast? Pious hasnt got allies so he would die encased in the magical ice, or he would be charmed by mind control and help kelthuzard by buffing and casting spells for him

Mesirus
Maybe, but he's another Lich, Lich's aren't as vulnerable any humans, dwarfs and such. I need Priest to get back to me, he knows the score now, and he is usually unbias (only saying i can't have read all his posts)

Mesirus
Sorry just realise i only gave his unique powers, in Warcraft a Lich's standard powers are:
Ice armor - Speak for itself, helps the caster or target ally by making thick and light ice armor.
Frost Nova - An ice attack that erupts from within the target causes decent damage
Death and Decay - Anything in target area will lose 4% of their life per second, lasts for 25 seconds
Dark Ritual - Sacrifices and ally for mana restoration for the Lich
Raising the Dead - Can raise the dead and skeletons or zombies, if the Lich is powerful enough (you can bet Kel'Thuzad is) even abominations and ogres.
Ice domination - Lichs can create structures, chains and restrictions of Ice, although it can be fragile unless they use excessive amount of ice, which is costly in mana.
Darkness domination - can control certain amount of pure dark energy, like Ice, the amount of control they have over this is dependant of the Lich's power

TricksterPriest
****, he's got all that in WoW? Maybe Pious is in trouble.... Ok, I was thinking of the WC3 version, but let's see how Pious does against that one. For the record, I had no idea Kel was in WoW.

Pious's abilities depend on which ancient he serves. The problem is, Pious's abilities are only vaguely defined in-game and they don't really show how powerful he is. Thus, I'm extrapolating based on the traits of the monsters under each ancient's control. His weapon btw, is a staff made of human bones, with a ribcage on the bottom, and a pelvis on top. the middle is an elongated spinal cord.

Chatturgha: Complete body regeneration, super strength, toughness, immune to mind control and mental effects.

Ulyaoth: Clairvoyance, high mana reserves, ability to perceive magic on a higher level.

Xelotath: Insanity, able to induce insanity in others, mind crush, mind reading, and knowledge of human reactions and instinctual behavior.

those are ancient specific powers. His normal powers are enhanced versions of all the spells used in-game, including a few not usable by the player. Magick is created by summoning runes on the ground and casting them in a circle. The number of runes indicates the power. The spells go from 3,5,7 and 9 pointed circles. Spells over 3 involve the basic runes and the 'Pargon' rune for extra power. Pious is the only character who gets to use 9 point circles. Pious's powers include:

Healing of body, mana and sanity. Enchanting his weapon with the power of his ancient, causing extra damage to the area controlled by his ancient. Example: Ulyaoth would cause an effect similar to mana burn. The ability to see invisible foes and turn invisible himself. The abiltity to create indestructible barriers of various sizes and powers. A large scale dispell magick ability. The ability to summon trappers, creatures from another realm. They are blind, but have excellent hearing. When startled, they transport attackers to a sub-dimensional pocket. Magick cannot be used in this dimension. The ability to create a shield that will automatically take all damage for him. The shield creates a series of sparks floating around him. Each time he takes a hit, regardless of the power, one spark disappears. (Pious is a cheap bastard in the final battle because his ancient constantly replenishes his power and provides him with a 7point shield.) The power to summon zombies of whatever ancient he serves. Given Pious's power and that he's not human, he can summon and control an huge number of zombies. (The player only gets to be able to summon one.) The magickal attack spell. This spell creates lightning that flows along the ground and does damage depending on power and alignment. To explain the spell, I'll take a page from the game description. "This incantation saturates an area with aligned magickal energy, inflicting
massive damage to all enemies within its influence. This magick will affect
both large and small - for even the greatest of enemies are made of many
small parts." The ability to summon horrors, large horse sized three-headed bipedal monsters. Horrors are ugly ass ****ers built for one purpose, meat tanking. They have big claws and a distance attack similar to the magick attack spell. The ability to summon gatekeepers. Gatekeepers are slighty taller than humans by a foot or two. They have large membrane-like wings and a scorpion tail on their backs. In-game, if they nail you with the tail, you get stunned and they get a free monster summon. Incidently, the wings are invulnerable when down, but you can hit them when they open them up to attack. The ability to summon guardians. Guardians are what you would call a mini-ancient. Big, ugly, and representing the ancient's abilities. Example: Chatturgha's is a large crab-like monster. Ulyaoth is a jellyfish. Xelotath's is really weird, it's two human upper bodies connected to a single waist, and no heads. The ability to summon vampires. the vampire I'm refering to is always cloaked in invisibility and absorbs energy from it's victims. Kinda pointless to summon in this fight because it usually has a stone that it draws power from. The ability to summon the black guardian. I'm not sure if that spell is ok to use because I think it requires prep. the black guardian is a building sized monster with high power and invulnerability to conventional weapons. The ability to generate a magick pool. the pool replenishes his energies and allows him to constantly recover mana, health, or sanity for a time. The ability to bind creatures to his will temporarily. He can summon his ancient, but let's not go there, because it would be unfair and require prep. Edit: I forgot one monster. The bonethief, a skinny boney monster with sword-like hands (kinda like a praying mantis claw) and the ability to burrow inside people and control them.

So there you have it. A synopsis of his skills.

Burning thought

Mesirus
Originally posted by Mesirus
Raising the Dead - Can raise the dead and skeletons or zombies, if the Lich is powerful enough (you can bet Kel'Thuzad is) even abominations and ogres.
Ice domination - Lichs can create structures, chains and restrictions of Ice, although it can be fragile unless they use excessive amount of ice, which is costly in mana.
Darkness domination - can control certain amount of pure dark energy, like Ice, the amount of control they have over this is dependant of the Lich's power

These powers to not features in games, they simply reside in the warcraft universe, Kel'Thuzad does not use these in any game, but it's something can is able to do...... if that makes sense?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.