Tony Stark vs. Bruce Wayne

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Madvillain
Both men have exactly 1 month to prepare for a battle. They are allowed to use any and every resource available to them that is within their influence.

With 1 month to prepare, who would win this fight??

keak da sneak
batman always wins

Innerhype
Originally posted by keak da sneak
batman always wins

Shenanigans!

He doesn't always wins since he won't be winning here big grin

keak da sneak
well ironman is very sexy but idk on this one

masterbruce
1 month later

Tony: Bruce, I'm disappointed, you haven't even prepared. I expected you'd have built a suit of your own to match mine. I'm donning the latest model of Iron Man, model 8A-6. I took out Namor in a simulated training session.

Bruce: Very impressive, Tony. I see you've spared no resources. Your armor cost what, a couple of billion?

Tony: 60.4 billion to be exact, but then you already knew that. WayneChemicals was instrumental in building the latest energy extraction module. By the way, thanks.

Bruce: You're welcome. Ironic, isn't it?

Tony: What?

Bruce: Even with my help and your newest armor, you're still no match for me.

Tony: You must be joking. Anyways, Bruce, as much as I enjoy shooting the shit with you, I do have a UN meeting to attend to. When shall we start?

Bruce: We can start now. Cla--

*BOOM*

A streak of blue and red light hit Iron Man with the force of a supernova explosion.

Once the smoke clears, where Iron Man stood now stands none other than... Superman! In his hand is Iron Man's crushed head.

Bruce: Thanks Clark.

Morale of the story: Batman NEVER loses, even if he has to fight dirty.

Innerhype
Originally posted by keak da sneak
batman always wins Originally posted by masterbruce
1 month later

Tony: Bruce, I'm disappointed, you haven't even prepared. I expected you'd have built a suit of your own to match mine. I'm donning the latest model of Iron Man, model 8A-6. I took out Namor in a simulated training session.

Bruce: Very impressive, Tony. I see you've spared no resources. Your armor cost what, a couple of billion?

Tony: 60.4 billion to be exact, but then you already knew that. WayneChemicals was instrumental in building the latest energy extraction module. By the way, thanks.

Tony: You must be joking. Anyways, Bruce, as much as I enjoy shooting the shit with you, I do have a UN meeting to attend to. When shall we start?

*BOOM*

A streak of blue and red light hit Iron Man with the force of a supernova explosion.

Once the smoke clears, where Iron Man stood now stands none other than... Superman! In his hand is Iron Man's crushed head.

Morale of the story: Batman NEVER loses, even if he has to fight dirty.

See? Superman however is an entirely differant story

masterbruce
Originally posted by Innerhype
See? Superman however is an entirely differant story

well this is a match between Bruce and Tony. It's a test of their resourcefulness. Bruce wins.

keak da sneak
yes but still i do have to say even tho ironman is cool batman doesnt loose its a well known fact

jollyjim311
60.4 Billion?

I'm thinking he could just spend a few bucks on a cool hat for Thor and ask for his help.

Or make a suit that has kryptonite in it...

masterbruce
Originally posted by jollyjim311
60.4 Billion?

I'm thinking he could just spend a few bucks on a cool hat for Thor and ask for his help.

Or make a suit that has kryptonite in it...

yeah, if he could see the future and predict Bruce's moves. He couldnt.

Reaper777
WoW! No one Said any thing about the mother-box yet, thats a first, I figured they would have started shouting it at the begining!

keak da sneak
bruce wins

Reaper777
Well, personally, I think tony takes it, Iron Man kicks SOOOO much @$$.

keak da sneak
i love ironman as well but bruce wayne is batman

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Innerhype
See? Superman however is an entirely differant story laughing laughing laughing

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by masterbruce
well this is a match between Bruce and Tony. It's a test of their resourcefulness. Bruce wins.

Bruce Wayne ever invent a satellite to wipe every mind on the planet? He has people build stuff for him, or do his work. He's strictly a detective.

Madvillain
very true.

Evangel94

*BOOM*

Superman: *looks inside the crushed helmet* Wait Bruce, there's no one in this --!

*BOOM*

A brilliant white light overshadows everything as Superman and Batman are wiped from existence! Without Superman or Batman to hold the sales of DC comics, the DC universe crumbles in on itself!

*Tony drinking beer with Thor in asgard*

Tony: Thanks King Thor. Appreciate it.

King Thor: 'Tis Nothing for a fellow avenger. Now let us drink and celebrate!

Tony: I hear that! 60.4 billion to embarass Batman and Superman is pocket change for me. Although, I think I may turn Bruce's batcave into a wine cellar. That man never had any taste. *sips his beer*

Morale of the story: Tony has enough money in his bathtub and enough contacts to change DC comics to "Stark Comics". Don't mess with a rich Iron Man.

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by masterbruce
1 month later

*BOOM*

Morale of the story: Batman NEVER loses, even if he has to fight dirty. laughing laughing best scenerio ever

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Evangel94

*BOOM*

Superman: Wait Bruce, there's no one in this --

*BOOM*

A brilliant white light overshadows everything as Superman and Batman are wiped from existence! Without Superman or Batman to hold the sales of DC comics, the DC universe crumbles in on itself!

Tony: I hear that! 60.4 billion to embarass Batman and Superman is pocket change for me. I think I may turn Bruce's batcave into a wine cellar. That man never had any taste. *sips his beer* laughing laughing laughing i stand corrected!

Dreampanther
T'Challa and Namor take it

seaapple
I'll say Tony. His resourcefulness with prep time is what made him a hero in the first place.

Think about it, why couldn't Batman invent a costume as powerful as Ironman's (of course a stealthy Dark Knight style costume) for regular use? Considering Batman's resources he just doesn't have the inventive creativity of Tony Starks. he has other advantages, but considering this senario I pick Ironman 7/10 times (because Batman might win based on tactical strategy instead of developing hardware).

Dreampanther
Nah - Batman didn't invent a suit of armour because he didn't WANT one, not because he couldn't. His style is completely different to Tony's.

Tony wants to be in the spotlight, and he wants to be known as the man with the biggest gun. Plus, he has had no martial arts training that I am aware of. Tony is also very aware of his image, and prefers to be known as a solid, upstanding citizen.

Bruce doesn't give a fig for his image. His motivation is completely different to Tony's. He has trained himself since he was kid in martial arts, until he is now one of the top martial artists in the world - he would lose all that advantage if he encases himself in a suit of armour, giving up his speed, his agility, his flexibilty, etc.

Bruce prefers putting the fear of ... well, Batman ninja in the hearts of evildoers - he wants to be known as one scary mother, not as a nice guy, like Tony. Bruce prefers stealth and the shadows to the spotlight.

If Bruce wanted a suit of armour, he would have had one.

He just went a different direction, a direction Tony couldn't take, even if he wanted to, because physically Bruce is in a different class from Tony - although I am not saying Tony could not be in the same class - if he had started training when he was twelve, and practiced every day for a few hours!

don't shiv
Irom man will have to deal with nanites heart attacks time warps magic techno-virus

seaapple
My thought was that Batman could have come up with a suit or some other equally powerful that fits his style. I understand about the preference though.

It's like some people would never choose to carry a gun. I can imagine a martial artist not using any weapon for similar reasons, or using a knife for example instead of any ranged weapon. And there are advantages for each.

But I thought of this as an all out battle of using the prep time so I thought "Iron Man" seems a little better at that.

Dreampanther
Yeah - this fight is a bit too speculative for me. It could too easily go either way - like some of the examples said, part of Bruce's prep could be getting Superman to go and beat Tony up, and same for Tony and Thor.

Tony with prep could wipe the mind of everybody on earth, and Batman with prep could take out the whole Justice League.

While foresight and preparation will certainly play a role, in my opinion the biggest factor is going to be luck...

Stupid Rookie
I really think Bruce is better with prep than Tony. People keep saying he is only a detective, but he is smarter than they are giving him credit for. Just because his scientific knowledge isn't used to make a suit doesn't make it inferior.

This training is also obviously superior IMO.

Jamaican
While they are both geniuses, isn't Stark's brains more devoted to weaponry, science, etc etc? Whereas Bruce is a genuis detective but also good at science, combat, tactics etc etc. I don't think Tony could come up with as good a plan as Bruce could if they knew they were fighting each other. I think he'd have every angle covered. Apart from that, Bruce has a month to use that detective skill. I'm sure he can find out whatever he needs during that month to make sure he can hurt Tony.

Worse comes to worst, I'm sure (just like it's been done before) Bruce can take Stark's Iron Man Plans, and make a suit of his own. And that's even if he needs to - I'm sure he could either A) make a better suit from scratch or B) take Tony's plans and make it better. If Bruce can come up with something to take out each member of the JLA - I'm sure he can come up with something to take care of Iron Man.

Madvillain
right you are Jamaican.

don't shiv
Originally posted by Jamaican

Worse comes to worst, I'm sure (just like it's been done before) Bruce can take Stark's Iron Man Plans, and make a suit of his own. And that's even if he needs to - I'm sure he could either A) make a better suit from scratch or B) take Tony's plans and make it better. If Bruce can come up with something to take out each member of the JLA - I'm sure he can come up with something to take care of Iron Man.

The Dark Knight is the master of the Understatement

BATMAN 658 Damian asks how they're travelling from Wayne Manor to Gibralter in 2 minutes.

30 Seconds later the Winged Angel Statue moves aside & Batman and Son are blast into the Stratosphere

close up Damian "You have a Rocket."

consider The OMAC Project. omacs created from the Batman's blueprints.

and also consider Brother I sentient space-faring communications juggernaught created by The Bat.

IF The Dark Knight wanted to he could build a suit to put IM to shame.
he has the means and opportunity but no motive

MightyEInherjar
I think Iron Man would come out leagues ahead.

If he had the insight to start making a Thor clone from the minute he met him, and has been setting up things like Civil War since day one, I say he pulls through with some scheme no one thought he would pull through on.

Stupid Rookie
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
I think Iron Man would come out leagues ahead.

If he had the insight to start making a Thor clone from the minute he met him, and has been setting up things like Civil War since day one, I say he pulls through with some scheme no one thought he would pull through on.

Fury came up with a device to neutralize IM, I don't see why Bats can't do the same. And if IM doesn't have his tech he has nothing.

DarkCrawler
Cool story Evangel. laughing

Soljer
Also: Batman's designed 'power suits' before as well. Ones that were even tough enough to hang with Superman (which is a hell of a lot more than I can say for ANY of Tony's suits).

Batman beats Tony Stark in so many ways that it isn't even funny.

Hell, by the end of the month, Bruce finishes up his corporate sabotage, and Stark Enterprises goes bankrupt. Tony no longer has the sixty point four billion dollars required to construct his suit, and Bruce just bitchslaps him to the curb.

marvelprince
Tony is way to underrated here. During the course of his entire career he's shown what he do if he plans things out and yet he's still being doubted? Give him a month and he'll just bring the Infinity Gauntlet to the table

Madvillain
Bump.

The Illuminati
Originally posted by Evangel94

*BOOM*

Superman: *looks inside the crushed helmet* Wait Bruce, there's no one in this --!

*BOOM*

Tony: I hear that! 60.4 billion to embarass Batman and Superman is pocket change for me. Although, I think I may turn Bruce's batcave into a wine cellar. That man never had any taste. *sips his beer*

Morale of the story: Tony has enough money in his bathtub and enough contacts to change DC comics to "Stark Comics". Don't mess with a rich Iron Man.

"Woot"

yes

That's pretty much how I see it too. Great ad-libbing FTR.

Superherovandal
Seriously people are underestimating Batman when it comes to Scientific expertise. He doesn't need Supes to beat Iron Man. Like its already been stated he created the OMAC virus and Brother Eye. OMACS in their strongest forms have been able to give Supes a hard time and been able to take out the Eradicator. Besides Batman's created the slider tech that the JLA use for teleporting and has used teleporting tech in his belt before. If he made just tweaks to these existing tech I could see him at least matching Iron Man's armor. Given a month he'd be able to make this tech a whole lot better. Still Tony is no slouch so whilst I see Bats winning it won't be in a landslide maybe 6-8/10

Innerhype
Originally posted by Soljer
Also: Batman's designed 'power suits' before as well. Ones that were even tough enough to hang with Superman (which is a hell of a lot more than I can say for ANY of Tony's suits).

Batman beats Tony Stark in so many ways that it isn't even funny.

Hell, by the end of the month, Bruce finishes up his corporate sabotage, and Stark Enterprises goes bankrupt. Tony no longer has the sixty point four billion dollars required to construct his suit, and Bruce just bitchslaps him to the curb.

blink

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Madvillain
Both men have exactly 1 month to prepare for a battle. They are allowed to use any and every resource available to them that is within their influence.

With 1 month to prepare, who would win this fight??

Reality Gem. Iron Man wins

Superherovandal
How the hell is Tony Stark gonna get the Reality Gem?

Silent Master
He's a member of the Illuminati.

Superherovandal
but the Illuminati is disbanded.

Entity
Originally posted by Superherovandal
but the Illuminati is disbanded. Still he was the one trusted with it. wink

redhotrash
Tony uses his reality gem or his orbital satalite

bobbi
Do the thread makers here intend this to be the "dc vs marvel uberweapons" thread that they almost always turn out to be? Since I'm pretty sure someone will bring up Batman can find a way to get the anti-life equation or steal myx's powers or something like that.

I always assume prep would be whatever tech the character can build on their own. Maybe allowing alien tech if they understand how it works completely and can reverse engineer it I guess.

So using my rules (which may end up just being used by me) I say Batman. Seen more impressive tech by him when he needed it even if he doesn't use it as much as ironman. And he's a better strategist in general. He won't just build 1 thing that will beat stark, he'll build 10 to beat him in 10 different ways, just in case stark goes in a slightly different direction in his prep than batman predicts.
just my opinion anyway

cloud102
Batman wins, but Tony is NO slouch either.

Madvillain
Bump.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.