The Kinesis- (Powers of the Mind)Are Humans really capable of these "Powers"?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Prophecy

Rogue Jedi
i would have to see it to believe it.

The Black Ghost
So I have been practicing my Hika-waja earlier today (the art of reading minds in ancient mayan) and the same questions keep coming to my mind...

Why is nothing happening?

Time to face the facts: if you cant do it with voodoo, you can buy it on ebay for a cheap price from some guy in Peru.

The Prophecy
I know where your coming from.But I still have had strange ecounters.

Rogue Jedi
example.

The Prophecy
I give you one example of my encounters with psi balls.I actually tried it a few times. However I gave up because I had a hard time concentrating.But I remember while doing it one day I began to meditate and place my hands in front of me like I was holding a ball.Then at one second or so I felt heat and energy being drained from methrough my fingers and to the palms of my hands. I really thought it was weird.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k268/Qezel360/psi.jpg

Rogue Jedi
not very convincing.

The Prophecy
I'm not trying to convince you. I'm just telling you what I know and have done. But if there is anything else you would like to know or something you have to tell me feel free to say it.

Rogue Jedi
i know you arent trying to convince me. i am just saying that if it were me that had happened to, i would have just shrugged it off as imagination.

The Prophecy
Yeah I see what you mean. It's just It felt weird and I was very tired and drained after that. That's the part that suspenses me.

FeceMan
http://www.postfarm.net/premium/coffee/wryyyyy.gif

debbiejo
Originally posted by The Prophecy
I give you one example of my encounters with psi balls.I actually tried it a few times. However I gave up because I had a hard time concentrating.But I remember while doing it one day I began to meditate and place my hands in front of me like I was holding a ball.Then at one second or so I felt heat and energy being drained from methrough my fingers and to the palms of my hands. I really thought it was weird.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k268/Qezel360/psi.jpg Our energy is very powerful if one can concentrate enough. I believe it. It's part of creating as in the creation process. I believe we all can do these things to some degree and I know people who can do it quite well. People use this energy in healings also ..

Rogue Jedi
ala david blaine?

§P0oONY
No.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
ala david blaine? I don't know, it could explain somethings he does.

Deano
we was once all capable. untill aliens messed with out dna rendering 95% of it junk, and making our brains only 10% active.

some people still can summon this so called power..are they super human? or are we just dumb

smile

FeceMan
Originally posted by Deano
or am I just dumb

smile

PVS
we was once all capable. untill aliens messed with out dna rendering 95% of it junk, and making our brains only 10% active.

http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/10percnt.htm

FeceMan
Originally posted by PVS
http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/10percnt.htm
That's just the lizard people talking. They're in cahoots with the aliens, you see.

PVS
of course...in fact we are as well. 'we' meaning anyone who doesnt believe everything on rense.com

FeceMan
I don't wanna be cold-blooded.

Deano
Originally posted by PVS
of course...in fact we are as well. 'we' meaning anyone who doesnt believe everything on rense.com

your right, i should beleive that website you just posted instead smile

i was only foolin around anyway. dont take it to heart.

FeceMan
your right, i should beleive that website you just posted instead smile

i was only foolin around anyway. dont take it to heart.
I'm sure he'll be comforted by your approval of most anyone's automatic reaction to your postings.

Deano
we live and learn dont we georgie boy?

Akira99

FeceMan
Originally posted by Akira99
Easily the most fascinating subject that has always got me thinking. I am actually creating my own story universe revolving round human evolution.

Erm...for what purpose?

Akira99
Originally posted by FeceMan
Erm...for what purpose?
Cuz I feel like it - helps me escape from this cruel world. I probably shouldnt have mentioned it

Robtard
Cuz I feel like it - helps me escape from this cruel world. I probably shouldnt have mentioned it

Have you tried opium? Chase the dragon for a bit, that'll help you escape reality.

xmarksthespot
I can move things with my mind... by way of my hand.

Akira99
Originally posted by Robtard
Have you tried opium? Chase the dragon for a bit, that'll help you escape reality.

Go back to Butt Town.
Or contribute to the discussion

Mindship
You should see the anime movie Akira

Great movie.

Regarding all these kineses: it could be that quantum mechanics is involved, that living things, theoretically, can influence the wavefunctions of their bodies and the environment. Such a kinesis is more will than mind.

FeceMan
Go play D&D, dork.

Akira99
Originally posted by FeceMan
Go play D&D, dork.

Maybe I will

Prophecy, if you want that theory just let me know and I'll be happy to explain it

The Prophecy
Maybe I will

Prophecy, if you want that theory just let me know and I'll be happy to explain it

Oh sure of course! yes

Robtard
Go back to Butt Town.
Or contribute to the discussion

You're the one that brought up your personal life and your writing to "escape from this cruel world" clown. So take the ribbing and enjoy it.

The Prophecy
you know some real pofessional martial artist of any other form of mind and soul have claimed to master being one with themselves and having unlocking these hidden potenials.
There also an article about a Super Phyisic Children Institute in Asia.

Quiero Mota
No. You've been watching too much anime.

How old are you, btw?

The Prophecy
Why does this type of stuff always have to do with anime? Theses type of studies have been going on before anime came to be.
And I dont mean to be rude my age none of your concern. Why does it matter anyway?

Quiero Mota
Why does this type of stuff always have to do with anime? Theses type of studies have been going on before anime came to be.

It's totally sci-fi and Hollywood. Scientists should spend their time studying worthwhile.

The Prophecy
Where do you think they get there ideas from? All they do is exagerate it more.Also I believe that it is really important to know what we are capable of. However that's my opinon,and yours is yours.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
It's totally sci-fi and Hollywood. Scientists should spend their time studying worthwhile.

Maestro
Why are some people being ridiculed here?, its a an open discussion everyones entitled to their opinion even if it doesn't meet the norm, plus it relates to the thread.

Rogue Jedi
the thing is that if your opinion differs from someones here, they will bash you.

Maestro

Pretty much sums up why he tries to 'escape' from places like this when he gets bashed as he doesn't even want to mention it. Though kinda makes you think why he did?

The Prophecy
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
the thing is that if your opinion differs from someones here, they will bash you.

I have no proplem lisiening to other peoples opinions(I'm not saying your talking about me).It's what makes things more interesting. I can only tell people what I know and think,and I never think I'm always right. I try to be as kind and respectful as possible to give others a chance to speak.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Mindship
Great movie.

Regarding all these kineses: it could be that quantum mechanics is involved, that living things, theoretically, can influence the wavefunctions of their bodies and the environment. Such a kinesis is more will than mind. Yes I believe it is possible. The stronger the intention of it the more strength it has. This is why many zealots that pray can do many things. But you really don't need such a belief, it's all intention. Many levels of vibrations effects other levels of vibrations. All and everything has a vibration, and if you get down to the subparticals all things flow into each other. All is connected, some vibrations are just more dense than others.

Akira99
Oh sure of course! yes

Ok, here goes. You'll need to really concentrate and focus to understand it. Some of it probably won't make sense and may confuse you It is mostly from the FAQ on the official website but I have edited it a bit to make it more concise:

Main Theory:

Example 1: If you hold a stone above the ground and release it it will fall to the ground. While it follows the laws of nature it is DESTINED to fall to the ground.
Now imagine that the natural laws predetermine the future of the whole universe, not just the stone's. Impossible as the chaos theory defeats this model.

Example 2: Imagine yourself when you were just a mere zygote. At that time your gender, hair and skin colour were already a fact as well as parts of your character. Whatever you do depends on A] Your genes and B] your environment
Genes and to a certain extent, environment are only information.
And you do this and that, write, contruct etc. only as a result of this information.
Its impossible to predict your future actions but think about simpler life forms e.g. ants. Their behaviour is mostly controlled by their genetic code. And it's almost possible to simulate an ant colony on a P.C.
So future events depend on information. But where does this information come from? As far as your hair colour is concerned, from your parents. But the origin of it goes back to the beginning of time.

So now we've got natural laws and information. As mentioned before, this is not enough to explain a predermined future. There is something else.

The Flow which the Universe is in

The flow carries the universe to a final state. e.g. At the time of its birth the universe was very small. All the matter/energy was very concentrated. The universe constantly expands so the concentration decreases of course. The final state is reached when concentration reaches zero. But this stae cannot be reached forever and the flow will continue carrying us with it.

The Power wants to stop the flow. No-one no matter how powerful they might be, could stop it. The flow controls the whole universe and the earth itself is only a tiny grain of sand compared to it. However, if a human is able to use The Power, this person can stop a small part of the flow, though not for long. It will return to its original path with double force. So it will hit back on the originator of the disturbance. It will not cause the Power to deteriorate. The disturbance will not vanish that easily. Instead the flow will mess up with the Power with strange events as a result. Akira himself after 'dying' is not in the flow as he is in his own universe separate from the original.

Back to the theory:

Important: Natural laws, as far as we know are only a part of it. The other part is not physical but its the more important one. It carries us and our world away to a final destination of the universe. The flow's energy originated at the birth of our universe, the big bang. And its this kind of energy which can't be explained by natural laws and logical considerations.
The flow can be compared to an ordinary river and for example you are sitting in a boat floating on it. So far, natural laws, information, maybe even more components like the 'gradient' explain why the river flows. But of course, the river comes from somewhere and leads to somewhere. Whereever your boat might flow now, the place where it was before is still there. So is the place where its going to. The point is that the flow should be seen in its entirety. Do not just look at the present but also be aware of the past and future.

Where does the Power come from?

The Power isn't a form of physical energy. You will not find it with all sorts of measuring instruments. The Power comes from within people. You may call it ESP though the Power gos far beyond the ordinary ESP theories. Human beings are living mass memory entities carrying tons of information concentrated on a small space.
The idea is that people carrying the memory of earlier events or facts within them, more than the memories of their childhood for example. You can go back in evolution and further back until you reach the beginning of time. There are parallels to the flow theory aren't they?
These two things are actually the same. People carry a small part of the energy of the flow within them along with the information in their genes. People who can use the Power unwittingly take advantage of this fact. They separate themselves a bit from the flow, which means they separate 'their' part of the flow's energy from the rest of it, and are able to disturb it a little from that different state. For example if you manipulate an object with your mind, you are altering its path within the flow.

I hope this gives you one perspective of how it could be possible for humans to use psychic powers. Its more about using their genes - in the movie Tetsuo's power is awoken when he crashes into a little boy who is a psychic and subsequently has experiments done on him to cause a chain reaction in his DNA by stimulating parts of his brain with electricity and salt.
I really wish Peter Jackson would make a live action movie of Akira .
You may also get a perspective in the anime Elfen Lied where pink haired horned girls manifest telekinesis through use of limited invisible arms called vectors which they use to dismember humans - though its not really about theory of their power but more about the cruel evil humans and the all too human diclonius whos superior genetic traits are stimulated by inhumane treatment and cause them to become homicidal - human evolution] - more story less theory with extreme graphic violence and nudity . Not really my cup of tea. The most information you ever get is that the 'vectors' are controlled by the 'pineal gland' in the brain - a gland often associated with hidden psychic powers e.g. Yoga the 3rd eye or chakra

Akira99
X-men also seems to have a few answers to this question too

Symmetric Chaos
X-men also seems to have a few answers to this question too

no, not really

mutants in Marvel have no similarity to those in reality

besides in X-men a small piece of ruby-quartz can abzorb the most powerful energy blast that can be produced by any X-man (how does that work?)

if you start cliaming comic book physics have any place in reality I really have to question claims you make about real world physics

Akira99
Yeah granted X-Men isnt that good in this sense. Like all that Jean Grey and Professor X using telekinesis and telepathy isn't explained well as far as I have seen

quickshot
This kinda stuff could be possible though quantum mechanics states that observing something affects its outcome maybe some people can affect things differently to others

debbiejo
Yeah......Kinda cool.

quickshot
i read it in a book that was the only thing i remember it was about going back in time would be dangerous or summat

xmarksthespot
Grandfather paradox?

quickshot
ye and stuff like you could lead to the death of your mother and things

xmarksthespot
Depends on whether you prescribe to the one predestined timeline or infinite diverging timelines.

Prof S.T.I.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.