What kind of horror movies are you looking for?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Leathergien
Everyone had conplained about to many remakes, and i agree.
so..im just wandering if a director was to make movie what kind of horror movie are you looking for?

deathbycorn
Something weird and bizzare. Like Children of the Corn for example, kids who worship an evil god and kill adults. Something differrent then the average ghost kid or killer in a mask horror movie.

Wolfie
A good new slasher.

And sequels to Dog Soldiers. stick out tongue

By the way, you can't say "if a director was going to make a movie, what kind would you like it to be?" because different directors are good at making different genres or subgenres. For example, I wouldn't encourage Neil Marshall to make a slasher flick, 'cause he seems to be really good at monster movies.

LaHaine
To say you want something weird and bizarre and quote an exact existing movie's SASE is an oxymoron.

I have my own ideas, but they will be cemented in film.

vintageSW77
something to **** with your head
anyone seen Chris Cunninghams video for APHEX TWINS - COME TO DADDY single or RUBBER JOHNNY???
If not im sure they are on YOUTUBE
Id like to see him direct a movie

Id like to see someone do something like FULCIS Hell trilogy
not remakes but creepy,disturbing flicks without happy endings and without name casts so its more beleivable with a proper soundtrack an all.

vintageSW77
An influential 80s horror director who wont be given a chance by todays studios goes on a rampage knocking off todays horror directors

thatd be good

Zilverz
Originally posted by vintageSW77

Id like to see someone do something like FULCIS Hell trilogy
not remakes but creepy,disturbing flicks without happy endings and without name casts so its more beleivable with a proper soundtrack an all.

call me american .. but if there is a lot of character developement .. i prefer the "happy endings"

vintageSW77
i like it when you get a charcacter you become attatched to through character develepment gets bumped off ......im sick

drewbiefan
I love horror movies lotsssss! They have a catch to them that make you love the movie!
However, many movies that i have seen have not been particuarly scary!

vintageSW77

Espantada23
This is going to take some serious thought...but something original would be nice...vampires are horror right?Haven't seen a good vampire movie lately.

deathbycorn
Originally posted by Espantada23
This is going to take some serious thought...but something original would be nice...vampires are horror right?Haven't seen a good vampire movie lately. You will next year, 30 Days of Night.

"Set in a small town in far-north Alaska, where the depths of winter is plunged into a night which lasts for 30 days, and some unwelcomed guests with fangs have come to stay. It's up to the local Sheriff and Deputy and a husband and wife team to save the town from the horde of bloodsuckers."

Behind The Scenes Footage

drewbiefan
Oh that seems pretty scary and good rated too!

Pandemoniac
I'd like to see something totally original instead of just different interpretations of done before stories/monsters. That's a long shot, I know, with so many ideas used in the horror genre already.
But I would love to see something that really makes you go 'how the hell did they come up with that?!'.

Espantada23
Originally posted by deathbycorn
You will next year, 30 Days of Night.

"Set in a small town in far-north Alaska, where the depths of winter is plunged into a night which lasts for 30 days, and some unwelcomed guests with fangs have come to stay. It's up to the local Sheriff and Deputy and a husband and wife team to save the town from the horde of bloodsuckers."

Behind The Scenes Footage

I heard about this one...seems alright,but we'll see.

Leathergien
no offence but vampire movie get boring ....there are soo many out that it ruined the vampire thing.......and they used it in wrong ways to ruin it

Espantada23
That's why I'm saying...I would like to see a good one.

deathbycorn
Bram Stoker's Dracula is THE best Vampire movie. Followed by From Dusk 'Till Dawn.

Espantada23
I LOVE Bram Stoker's Dracula...the first Dusk til Dawn is great but the sequels were just so-so...John Carpenter's Vampires was good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.