Storm vs ......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LethalFemme
Who wins? They start 30 yards away.

Storm

vs

Wolverine

Captain America

Daredevil

Deadpool

Punisher

King Kandy
Storm for da win.

The Pict
Storm wins easy.

LethalFemme
Originally posted by The Pict
Storm wins easy.

Really?confused

Soljer
Finally! A thread storm can win...

LethalFemme
What if I add Gambit?:confuse:

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by LethalFemme

You have to add someone who can get off an attack before Storm can whip up a hurricane or just electrocute their asses.

Add Cyclops evil face

Metalmanx
Really?confused

...Well...yea. What the f**k?

No offense, but did you make this thread specifically for Storm to win? There's absolutely no way they could come close to defeating her. You put a bunch of street-levelers who can't get an attack off or come anywhere close to closing the distance before she can kill/incapacitate them.

StyleTime
How about we don't get my boy killed ok?
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
You have to add someone who can get off an attack before Storm can whip up a hurricane or just electrocute their asses.

Add Cyclops evil face
Actually, an argument can be made for Gambit being able to beat her in a quick draw just like Cyclops. He has thrown faster than thought before. I've got to add to his respect thread, but I'M JUST SO DAMN LAZY!

Gambit is a good addition LethalFemme. It's the distance I'm not so sure about.

The original Team 2 gets owned for free though.

Rutog98
Storm beats Cyclops easily. Read X-Men issue 60. He fires at her in machine gun fashion. She does her flips and dodges every blast, blinds him with lightning and half drowns him with a flood she shoots from her eyes.

In regards to Gambit, she once surpirsed him. Out of surprise, he attacks her with his cards. She effortlessly deflects them with her elemental powers. She comments that if she wanted to attack him, all she would have do is manipuate the air in the room.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Rutog98
Storm beats Cyclops easily. Read X-Men issue 60. He fires at her in machine gun fashion. She does her flips and dodges every blast, blinds him with lightning and half drowns him with a flood she shoots from her eyes.

Perhaps. But in this situation, she'd have to dodge that, as well as multiple bulletts from two different people, Cap's shield and DD's billy clubs. And while she's leaping, Wolverine would cover the distance between them with ease, comment on why the hell she's not flying around and then gut her. wink

No, her best bet would be to call upon her flight. But, due to the nature of Cyke's attack, it can't be swayed with the wind, and she's have to dodge. Not to mention, he can get a shot off faster then anyone else, and has probably the best aim. If it takes a fraction of a second for the winds to arrive, she's toast.

Metalmanx
Cyke beats Storm 9/10 times. It's just fact.

Brutacus
Originally posted by Metalmanx

I agree.

since wenn has storm got superhuman agility or do you mean dodge his beam in the air????

And like most said cyke can shoot a beam faster than storm can create wind, lighting or cold.

And euh how is she going to dodge the beam iff cyke put's his visor off.

No way in hell she going to dodge that.

LethalFemme
...Well...yea. What the f**k?

No offense, but did you make this thread specifically for Storm to win? There's absolutely no way they could come close to defeating her. You put a bunch of street-levelers who can't get an attack off or come anywhere close to closing the distance before she can kill/incapacitate them.

No i didn't i ended up seeing xmen today and I was curious.srug

Metalmanx
Okay, that's cool.

By the way, how is your sig legal by KMC standards? blink

LethalFemme
Okay, that's cool.

By the way, how is your sig legal by KMC standards? blink

Its all good.big grin

The fukk if I know. Someone even reported me for it but, I haven't gotten into trouble at least yet.lol

The Weather God
Perhaps. But in this situation, she'd have to dodge that, as well as multiple bulletts from two different people,

Storm can deflect bullets with air pressure domes it won't work. She can then charge the the air with lightning or remove the air which would take out most of the team leaving Deadpool? Which can be taken down by storm with pretty much any other attack storm could brew up.

Storm dodged cyclop's blast mutiple times in the comics. What makes you think this one would be any different especially starting 30 yards away?

quickshot
Is field removal allowed as if so storm if not deadpool

Space M ummy
Originally posted by quickshot
Is field removal allowed as if so storm if not deadpool

There is NO WAY Deadpool can beat storm under any circumstances.

Storm can levitate herself AND opponents using the wind.

Can deadpool fly? no? Storm sends Deadpool 10 miles up, then drops him, obliterating his body on the sidewalk. She then proceeds to fry what's left with lightning, THEN lowers the temperature to sub freezing, freezing the charred remains to prevent any type of bizarro healing factor from kicking in.

ThePittman
Wolverine: Knocked out
Captain America: Dead
Daredevil: Maybe dodge it but unlikely
Deadpool: Bullet though Storms brain but then knocked out.
Punisher: Same as above but dead after the strike

Brutacus
Originally posted by The Weather God
Storm can deflect bullets with air pressure domes it won't work. She can then charge the the air with lightning or remove the air which would take out most of the team leaving Deadpool? Which can be taken down by storm with pretty much any other attack storm could brew up.

Storm dodged cyclop's blast mutiple times in the comics. What makes you think this one would be any different especially starting 30 yards away?

euh sure how is she going to dodge his blast iff he just took of his visor????

The Weather God
Originally posted by Space M ummy
There is NO WAY Deadpool can beat storm under any circumstances.

Storm can levitate herself AND opponents using the wind.

Can deadpool fly? no? Storm sends Deadpool 10 miles up, then drops him, obliterating his body on the sidewalk. She then proceeds to fry what's left with lightning, THEN lowers the temperature to sub freezing, freezing the charred remains to prevent any type of bizarro healing factor from kicking in.

Wow what a knockout. She could just levitate all of them in the sky and destroy them.

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/2696/uxm98p84xx.jpg

The Weather God
Originally posted by Brutacus
euh sure how is she going to dodge his blast iff he just took of his visor????

He's dead before that could happen. Storm could whipped him in a wind vortex that would keep him from removing his visor. Or she could turn his head in an opposite direction so that his blast woulden't face toward her.

Storm wins this 6 or 7/10

Brutacus
He's dead before that could happen. Storm could whipped him is a wind vortex that would keep him from removing his visor. Or she could turn his head in an opposite direction so that his blast woulden't face toward her.

I'm pretty sure he could take his visor of just as fast as she can call apon the winds.

The Weather God
I'm pretty sure he could take his visor of just as fast as she can call apon the winds.

Not with a thirty yard range start, she could also whipped up a fog to blind them all and then he woulden't know where the hell she's at.

Brutacus
Not with a thirty yard range start, she could also whipped up a fog to blind them all and then he woulden't know where the hell she's at actually all of them.

Euh ever seen cyke shoot without his visor?????

I guess not, and it seems he has only used a fraction of his powers, cyke alone would win 9/10

The Weather God
Euh ever seen cyke shoot without his visor?????

I guess not, and it seems he has only used a fraction of his powers, cyke alone would win 9/10

I know that it shoots at a slower speed then a bullet, so it won't be there instanly especially if she starts at a thirty yard range. She''s have time to move out of the way.

ThePittman
The fog takes time to roll in and is not instant; Cyclops without his visor is shooting like a shotgun and covers a wide range in about a 90 degree arc. Her vortex and lighting takes time to create and in a fast draw competition she is the slower.

The Weather God
Originally posted by ThePittman
The fog takes time to roll in and is not instant; Cyclops without his visor is shooting like a shotgun and covers a wide range in about a 90 degree arc. Her vortex and lighting takes time to create and in a fast draw competition she is the slower.

Storm can fly at unthinkable speeds instanly, she would be able to fly straight up away from that blast.

Her airpressure is fast enough to disarm a gunman before they can shoot. She'd be fast enough to fly and dodge the blast.
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/6775/airpressurea2cr.th.jpg

Cyclops would only have one shot and if he misses..... he's fried

ExodusCloak
Storm can fly at unthinkable speeds instanly, she would be able to fly straight up away from that blast.

Her airpressure is fast enough to disarm a gunman before they can shoot. She'd be fast enough to fly and dodge the blast.
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/6775/airpressurea2cr.th.jpg

Cyclops would only have one shot and if he misses..... he's fried

Eh I'm not going to comment on this fight...but that's not the best of scans...see the click...that's the hammer...you have to cock a gun up first...so it's ready to fire and then you fire.

celestialdemon
If both are going all out, one shot is all Cyclops would need.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/howdysaysthedrow/X-Men/Blast2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/howdysaysthedrow/X-Men/Blast3.jpg

The Weather God
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Eh I'm not going to comment on this fight...but that's not the best of scans...see the click...that's the hammer...you have to cock a gun up first...so it's ready to fire and then you fire. Two actions...cock it..and then press the trigger again so it fires...

Your missing my whole point, he was just about to shoot storm, her airpressure was fast enough to knock the gun out of his hand before he could react. If cyclops shot his blast at storm, which moves at a slower rate then a bullet then storm should have just enough time to fly into the air before the blast reaches her.

She was also able to move cyclop's out of the way before a sentinal blasted him
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/3098/uxm98p73xt.th.jpg

ExodusCloak
Your missing my whole point, he was just about to shoot storm, her airpressure was fast enough to knock the gun out of his hand before he could react. If cyclops shot his blast at storm, which moves at a slower rate then a bullet then storm should have just enough time to fly into the air before the blast reaches her.

She was also able to move cyclop's out of the way before a sentinal blasted him
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/3098/uxm98p73xt.th.jpg

He was about to shoot...meaning he still had to press the trigger in order to fire...see with a gun you cock it up and that's what the guy did...he cocked it up...hence the click..then you press it again to fire...he didn't get the chance to though..because she heard the clicking sound.

The Sentinel was only targetting Cyclops though. Because it failed to kill him the first time. It started targetting her after it thought it killed Scott.

And like I said I'm not commenting on this fight on that scan with the gun.

BTW I believe his blasts travel at the speed of light...as shown in X-Men #190...but the flap to his visor is much slower then light..and that's how Northstar took him out.
What I'm saying is if you had a quickdraw between a person holding a gun and Cyclops...Scotts attack would occur first since the gun has to be cocked and then fired.

The Weather God
Originally posted by celestialdemon
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/howdysaysthedrow/X-Men/Blast3.jpg

This one shows that his blast doesn't reach very far, he'd be lucky if the blast could reach her.

pr1983

doesnt count, he was being mind controlled... and you're overstating your case just a tad...

he said 'oh that light is blinding' as in, it was really bright... if she had blinded him it would have taken alot longer for his sight to return... and he was nowhere near even half drowning... erm

lol, maybe 8... stick out tongue

Eh I'm not going to comment on this fight...but that's not the best of scans...see the click...that's the hammer...you have to cock a gun up first...so it's ready to fire and then you fire.

didnt we do this in another thread?

apart from cyke, those other guys might as well not show up, cos they havent a hope...

The Weather God
He was about to shoot...meaning he still had to press the trigger in order to fire...see with a gun you cock it up and that's what the guy did...he cocked it up...hence the click..then you press it again to fire...he didn't get the chance to though..because she heard the clicking sound.

The Sentinel was only targetting Cyclops though. Because it failed to kill him the first time. It started targetting her after it thought it killed Scott.

And like I said I'm not commenting on this fight on that scan with the gun.

Cyclops would have to reach up with his arms to take his glasses off, the scan showed that storm had time to blast the gun away before the man could pull the trigger. The scan with the sentinal proves that storm had time to move cyclops out of the way before the sentinal blasted him, regardless if it was going after storm or not she saved his ass before he was blasted, which proved that she could have use wind to fly herself out of the way.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by pr1983
didnt we do this in another thread?

apart from cyke, those other guys might as well not show up, cos they havent a hope...

Yep different Storm fan though.

Cyclops would have to reach up with his arms to take his glasses off, the scan showed that storm had time to blast the gun away before the man could pull the trigger. The scan with the sentinal proves that storm had time to move cyclops out of the way before the sentinal blasted him, regardless if it was going after storm or not she saved his ass before he was blasted, which proved that she could have use wind to fly herself out of the way.

But she had all that time to do it. It wasn't instant. He pressed it once she heard the click...he was then going to press it again and she summoned an element.

The scan with Sentinel shows it's arm extended....Storm was facing the Sentinel..when it approached them. Since it wasn't after her she could get out of the way not to mention that she saw it first.

pr1983

Another one? sadwalk

The Weather God
But she had all that time to do it. It wasn't instant. He pressed it once she heard the click...he was then going to press it again and she summoned an element.
The scan with Sentinel shows it's arm extended....Storm was facing the Sentinel..when it approached them. Since it wasn't after her she could get out of the way.

From the panel to panel it seems as tho the sentinal's arm was already extended while it was approaching them. Storm diden't do a reaction untill the blast. confused

On the gun scan the man bust a cap in wolverane and storm was next on the list, she knocked the gun out of his hand before he could even pull the trigger to finish the job on her.

ExodusCloak
From the panel to panel it seems as tho the sentinal's arm was already extended while it was approaching them. Storm diden't do a reaction untill the blast. confused

On the gun scan the man bust a cap in wolverane and storm was next on the list, she knocked the gun out of his hand before he could even pull the trigger to finish the job on her.

Look at the shadow of the sentinel...she reacted when it extended it's arm..it was after Scott...so he wouldn't have been able to do the same.

A different man though...the second man....comes up and holds Storm up from behind..he cocks the gun and speaks. After he says what he says...she summons her mojo.

You see he cocked the gun...to fire he would need to press it again...but he doesn't well not yet anyway...because he had to finish his speech first.

The Weather God
Look at the shadow of the sentinel...she reacted when it extended it's arm..it was after Scott...so he wouldn't have been able to do the same.

A different man though...the second man....comes up and holds Storm up from behind..he cocks the gun and speaks. After he says what he says...she summons her mojo.

You see he cocked the gun...to fire he would need to press it again...but he doesn't well not yet anyway ...because he had to finish his speech first.

Yeah i just seen that the other guy was bald. sad There is no sure way of telling storm reaction which is so hard to prove with comic scans because they're panel to panel. One thing is proven is that cyclops would have to reach for his visor to remove it, storm know's he will try and do this and will more then likely move the hell out of the way. laughing

ThePittman
With the gun scan there are a couple of things, one has already been said that she heard him cock the gun they used the wind and this is also some thug not even near the reaction speed of the Punisher or Deadpool with weapons. Also if you look in the panel she is talking while doing this so it is not instant. As for Cyclops distance when taking off his visor yes it is not that far but the range on this fight is only 30 yards and in the scan that is well within that range.

HandOfFate

Storm's mutant powers allow her to create weather effect in a split-second.smile

http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/4787/splitsecondreactionqa8.th.jpg

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by pr1983
didnt we do this in another thread?Yes. With GS; who conceded Cyclops could blast her first. Do you know how long it takes to get GS to concede things? I'm not bothering again.

The Weather God
With the gun scan there are a couple of things, one has already been said that she heard him cock the gun they used the wind and this is also some thug not even near the reaction speed of the Punisher or Deadpool with weapons. Also if you look in the panel she is talking while doing this so it is not instant. As for Cyclops distance when taking off his visor yes it is not that far but the range on this fight is only 30 yards and in the scan that is well within that range.

This is panel to panel storm could have said that after the air pressure was blasted. It still proved that he could not shoot her during the time she was creating it making it fast enough. 30 yards was about the distance of that blast on that comic scan, and since it doesn't move at lightspeeds storm still haves a chance of flying back to the end of the range or fly up out of it's path. One blast will be his only chance as to where storm could do just about unlimited things to him when she gets a chance.

Rutog98
Perhaps. But in this situation, she'd have to dodge that, as well as multiple bulletts from two different people, Cap's shield and DD's billy clubs. And while she's leaping, Wolverine would cover the distance between them with ease, comment on why the hell she's not flying around and then gut her. wink

No, her best bet would be to call upon her flight. But, due to the nature of Cyke's attack, it can't be swayed with the wind, and she's have to dodge. Not to mention, he can get a shot off faster then anyone else, and has probably the best aim. If it takes a fraction of a second for the winds to arrive, she's toast.

I disagree. You do realize that Storm can multi-task, right? For instance, she has been shown dodging energy blasts while at the same time using her elemental powers. She has also erected elemental barries to deflect energy attacks, flown, summoned hurricane winds and lightning all at the same time. She can also instantly freeze large areas. She has this fight easily.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by HandOfFate
Storm's mutant powers allow her to create weather effect in a split-second.smile

http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/4787/splitsecondreactionqa8.th.jpg

Yes Emma Frost is very gifted when it comes to powers.

Here's one where it's actually Storm.
http://img110.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitledqx0.jpg

Rutog98
This one shows that his blast doesn't reach very far, he'd be lucky if the blast could reach her.

I forgot about that. The wider angle Scott's blast, the less range/reach it has.

The Weather God
Yes Emma Frost is very gifted when it comes to powers.

Here's one where it's actually Storm.

It was still a weather effect
It still took a thought
It still had to be formed
It was still storm's powers
And it was still storm's body

stick out tongue

ExodusCloak
It was still a weather effect
It still took a thought
It still had to be form
It was still storm's powers
And it was still storm's body

stick out tongue

Agreed but it's also Emma Frosts telepathically trained mind.... stick out tongue

ThePittman

The Weather God
Agreed but it's also Emma Frosts telepathically trained mind.... stick out tongue

Storm is telepathically linked to the weather. stick out tongue

xmarksthespot

ExodusCloak
Storm is telepathically linked to the weather. stick out tongue

Not saying she's not...she still has to manually manipulate the weather patterns right...all I'm saying is it's not instant...the scan which is actually Storm shows this.

ThePittman

The Weather God

The Weather God
Not saying she's not...she still has to manually manipulate the weather patterns right...all I'm saying is it's not instant...the scan which is actually Storm shows this.

Emma haves to manually manipulate the weather telepathically as well. Also no one in this match-up is blasting instantly so that's no biggy.

ThePittman
Storm and a regualr human would have time to move out of the way if a gun is shot off with the shooter 30 yards away. confused By that time storm would have an airpressure dome set to block all of they're gunfire. At 30 yards is not enough time once the bullet is fired to dodge something that is on average gong 1000 feet per second, if you heard the bang then you would have already been hit.

ExodusCloak
Emma haves to manually manipulate the weather telepathically as well. Also no one in this match-up is blasting instantly so that's no biggy.

My point exactly...because that's how Storms powers work. However Emma is a telepath...telepaths have been shown to link with multiple minds "instantly"...meaning her processing speed would be completely different to Storms. It's basically a telepaths mind in Storms body.

Storms actual processing speed:

Again I'm not commenting on the fight just the scan that was used.

python99
Punisher shoots her out the sky with a rocket launcher

The Weather God
At 30 yards is not enough time once the bullet is fired to dodge something that is on average gong 1000 feet per second, if you heard the bang then you would have already been hit.
All storm haves to do if fly up and move out of the way. Also if this match starts off with everyone holding they're guns then this is an unfair match-up because then it would only fair that storm gets to have a load of thunderstorm clouds over everyone's heads before the match starts.

So your telling me storm haves to sit there and wait for like three seconds to take off and fly? I do not think so. It took her a couple of seconds to bring in the clouds and create the freezing rain. That will not be the case of flying.

ExodusCloak
So your telling me storm haves to sit there and wait for like three seconds to take off and fly? I do not think so.

Nope I'm saying it takes more then a second to fly off...because the panel says seconds.

The Weather God
Nope I'm saying it takes more then a second to fly off...because the panel says seconds.

That panel show's her droping the temperature in a matter of seconds
http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/7753/untitledqx0.jpg
You are talking about dropping the whole temperature outside, not creating some wind to lift herself up. You'll need to provide a scan of her taking a whole second to fly, because a scan has already been provided of her flying in a half second. The scan you provided proves nothing of this matter.

ThePittman

ThePittman
You are talking about dropping the whole temperature outside, not creating some wind to lift herself up. You'll need to provide a scan of her taking a whole second to fly, because a scan has already been provided of her flying in a half second. The scan you provided proves nothing of this matter. 59 seconds is still a matter of seconds.

The Weather God

ExodusCloak
You are talking about dropping the whole temperature outside, not creating some wind to lift herself up. You'll need to provide a scan of her taking a whole second to fly, because a scan has already been provided of her flying in a half second. The scan you provided proves nothing of this matter.

Her powers work at a blink of an eye....which is a very vague statement. Blinking is relative...this scan actually gives us a scope at what speed her powers work at. She's manipulating the same weather patterns at the end of the day.

Which scan are you referring to where she's flying at half a second the Emma one?

You need to find a scan which is actually Storm...and where it says her powers work at a split second. Otherwise...we take blink of an eye...which like I said is vague and relative...meaning we look at the scan where it takes seconds to drop the temperature.....

HandOfFate

IIRC, when Storm was in Emma's body she use her powers at the same speed.

It's funny how you try to explain away the speed by saying that it because of Emma trained mind. wink

Metalmanx

Go read that comic again. The whole thing.

And then come back here and tell me (write me, whatever) with a straight face that Cyke was going all-out or even half-out against Storm. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Weather God
Her powers work at a blink of an eye....which is a very vague statement. Blinking is relative...this scan actually gives us a scope at what speed her powers work at. She's manipulating the same weather patterns at the end of the day.

Which scan are you referring to where she's flying at half a second the Emma one?

You need to find a scan which is actually Storm...and where it says her powers work at a split second. Otherwise...we take blink of an eye...which like I said is vague...meaning we look at the scan where it takes seconds to drop the temperature.....

Emma was still in storm's body using her Wind powers. The scan you provided had nothing to do with wind manipulation. A blink of an eye only takes a fraction of a second if we go with that. You don't have anything solid untill we have a scan of her taking a whole second to fly.

ThePittman
Have you seen how fast lightning can fall from the sky? If this match starts off with a thunderstorm in the sky then they are all breaded toast

That made no sense to me at all. sad Yes once summoned but the question is will DP get the shot off before she can summon it and the answer is yes. The scan says that is it was a matter of seconds so that means anywhere from 2 to 59 seconds.

ExodusCloak
IIRC, when Storm was in Emma's body she use her powers at the same speed.

It's funny how you try to explain away the speed by saying that it because of Emma trained mind. wink

They never stated the speed at which Storm was using Emma's powers...but since the power itself is thought and execution as one...it wouldn't surprise if she was using it at the speed of thought since that is how telepathy works. IIRC She never linked up with more then person mentally.

What I'm saying is a telepathically trained mind..who is able to link up with multiple minds with a thought...should be able to process thoughts faster.

Emma was still in storm's body using her Wind powers. The scan you provided had nothing to do with wind manipulation. A blink of an eye only takes a fraction of a second if we go with that. You don't have anything solid untill we have a scan of her taking a whole second to fly.

Emma was using her own telepathically trained mind.

Blink of an eye is relative...

No I have a scan where it says it takes seconds for her to manipulate weather patterns and drop the temperature...she's manipulating the same weather patterns.

You have to provide proof that her powers work faster otherwise we go by my scan of her manipulating weather patterns to drop the temperature.

Metalmanx
Why is there an argument for Cyclops removing his visor? He can kill Storm just as easily with normal-sized, visor-based blast.

His visor is psionically-controlled by Cyke now. He doesn't need to even twich his fingers in order to fire an optic blast. Storm is dead before she realizes it.

Back on topic, however, Cyke is not in this line-up. Storm defeats this line-up simply because no one can close the gap in time to get her, nor do they have super-fast distance attacks.

The Weather God
Go read that comic again. The whole thing.

And then come back here and tell me (write me, whatever) with a straight face that Cyke was going all-out or even half-out against Storm. roll eyes (sarcastic)

He coulden't go all out because they were in a city which means if he wanted to kill a bunch of people just to kill storm was wrong meanning he was defeated. If he wanted to go all out that would only mean that bloodlust is on. But no one has stated the arena they are fightning in.

The Weather God
Why is there an argument for Cyclops removing his visor? He can kill Storm just as easily with normal-sized, visor-based blast.

His visor is psionically-controlled by Cyke now. He doesn't need to even twich his fingers in order to fire an optic blast. Storm is dead before she realizes it.

Back on topic, however, Cyke is not in this line-up. Storm defeats this line-up simply because no one can close the gap in time to get her, nor do they have super-fast distance attacks.

What cyclops isen't in this battle? then why is his name mention by people?

Metalmanx
He coulden't go all out because they were in a city which means if he wanted to kill a bunch of people just to kill storm was wrong meanning he was defeated. If he wanted to go all out that would only mean that bloodlust is on. But no one has stated the arena they are fightning in.

It doesn't matter. Unless specifically-stated, they face off against each other with no innocent bystanders to get in the way. According to KMC rules, each character fights to the very best of his/her abilities and (usually) bloodlust. No mercy at all.

Meaning? Cyke wins 9/10 times.

The Weather God
They never stated the speed at which Storm was using Emma's powers...but since the power itself is thought and execution as one...it wouldn't surprise if she was using it at the speed of thought since that is how telepathy works. IIRC She never linked up with more then person mentally.

What I'm saying is a telepathically trained mind..who is able to link up with multiple minds with a thought...should be able to process thoughts faster.

Still the weather Had to be manually manipulated before it can come meaning her manipulation of the wind is faster then a second.

Emma was using her own telepathically trained mind.

Blink of an eye is relative...

No I have a scan where it says it takes seconds for her to manipulate weather patterns and drop the temperature...she's manipulating the same weather patterns.

You have to provide proof that her powers work faster otherwise we go by my scan of her manipulating weather patterns to drop the temperature.

I am not worried about her weather manipulation of temperatures. Only her manipulation of wind which was done in a split second in the scan with emma. No other scan has been provided of weather manipulation of wind which means that's the only scan we can go by in the split second one..

Edited

ThePittman
Storm defeats this line-up simply because no one can close the gap in time to get her, nor do they have super-fast distance attacks. I have to disagree, I still say that DP and maybe Punisher can get a shot off before she summons anything, the others are fried though.

The Weather God
It doesn't matter. Unless specifically-stated, they face off against each other with no innocent bystanders to get in the way. According to KMC rules, each character fights to the very best of his/her abilities and (usually) bloodlust. No mercy at all.

Meaning? Cyke wins 9/10 times.

Ok since your still on storm vs cyke i give him the win since he is able to blast without pressing the button or removing his visor. One question tho, can he blast full with his visor on?

The Weather God
I have to disagree, I still say that DP and maybe Punisher can get a shot off before she summons anything, the others are fried though.

No he would be freid with the others.

ThePittman

ExodusCloak

I am not worried about her weather manipulation of temperatures. Only her manipulation of wind which was done in a split second in the scan with emma. No other scan has been provided of weather manipulation of wind which means that's the only scan we can go by in the split second one..

It's still Emma..though...it's not Storm...Emma is a telepath she'd naturally be able to process thoughts faster.

Rutog98
My point exactly...because that's how Storms powers work. However Emma is a telepath...telepaths have been shown to link with multiple minds "instantly"...meaning her processing speed would be completely different to Storms. It's basically a telepaths mind in Storms body.

Storms actual processing speed:

Again I'm not commenting on the fight just the scan that was used.

You know what I find very interesting? Why don't you look up Black Sun issue 2 where Storm instantly freezes an entire area. big grin

Heck, better yet, what about the time where a guy fired a gun at Bishop, yet in the space of time from the bullet leaving the gun and it reaching Bishop's location, Storm whips up a wind that moves Bishop's out of the bullet's path.

Rutog98
You keep parading that picture around, but I can't see any panel on there that states that the attack was in the "literal blink of an eye." So, all you have done is brought up an issue where her attack was slower than it has been in other issues. That tactic does not work in these debates.

ExodusCloak
You know what I find very interesting? Why don't you look up Black Sun issue 2 where Storm instantly freezes an entire area. big grin

Heck, better yet, what about the time where a guy fired a gun at Bishop, yet in the space of time from the bullet leaving the gun and it reaching Bishop's location, Storm whips up a wind that moves Bishop's out of the bullet's path.

Already did...it doesn't say that she freezes it instantly dear...

Give me the issue number and I'll go and see...

You keep parading that picture around, but I can't see any panel on there that states that the attack was in the "literal blink of an eye." So, all you have done is brought up an issue where her attack was slower than it has been in other issues. That tactic does not work in these debates.

"Literal blink of an eye"

That's still relative....

You could have a guy whose literal blink of an eye takes longer then a second...

The Weather God

xmarksthespot
So does no one get the difference between an idiom and an actual measure of time.

ThePittman

xmarksthespot
I do stick out tongue Hoorah. You get a gold star.

The Weather God

ThePittman
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Hoorah. You get a gold star. pitt_dance I was hopping for a cookie wink

ThePittman

HandOfFate

The Weather God

ExodusCloak

ThePittman

The Weather God

ThePittman

The Weather God

Metalmanx
Ok since your still on storm vs cyke i give him the win since he is able to blast without pressing the button or removing his visor. One question tho, can he blast full with his visor on?

Full? You mean like a visor-less blast...with his visor on? What the f**k?

No. No he can't. But he can still blast with SUBSTANTIAL power even with his visor on. His visor is mostly for accuracy. The power of his beams are still INCREDIBLY strong even with it on.

ThePittman

RisingStorm
The team presented will be beaten less than a minute.

And why are these Storm threads become Cyclops vs Stom part 2 and storm vs emma part 2? Each have respective threads...and everytime I see ExodusCloak post in Storm related threads, he/she usually brings up Emma, like we care. She's not even on that team mentioned.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by RisingStorm
The team presented will be beaten less than a minute.

And why are these Storm threads become Cyclops vs Stom part 2 and storm vs emma part 2? Each have respective threads...and everytime I see ExodusCloak post in Storm related threads, he/she usually brings up Emma, like we care. She's not even on that team mentioned.

Read the ENTIRE thread and then talk...we were talking about a scan tbeing misused to describe her reaction time...the scan isn't even her....and if you intepret it right you will see that we weren't discussing Storm vs Emma...just the reaction times of Storm.

pr1983
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Yes. With GS; who conceded Cyclops could blast her first. Do you know how long it takes to get GS to concede things? I'm not bothering again.

i know, it was quite an achievement too...

Originally posted by python99
Punisher shoots her out the sky with a rocket launcher

oooh... messy... evil face

yes though maybe if one of the guys (frank or wade) had their weapon cocked and ready, maybe they've got a shot...

Full? You mean like a visor-less blast...with his visor on? What the f**k?

No. No he can't. But he can still blast with SUBSTANTIAL power even with his visor on. His visor is mostly for accuracy. The power of his beams are still INCREDIBLY strong even with it on.

coupled with the fact that he has an almost obsessive sense of restraint that makes him hold back pretty much constantly...

The Weather God

ThePittman

HandOfFate
Read the ENTIRE thread and then talk...we were talking about a scan tbeing misused to describe her reaction time...the scan isn't even her.....

It not being misused. It actual fact, that Storm's mutant powers allow her to create something within a split-second.

You just want to call it something else because it proves that Storm can create something faster then what you previously thought. wink

ThePittman
It not being misused. It actual fact, that Storm's mutant powers allow her to create something within a split-second.

You just want to call it something else because it proves that Storm can create something faster then what you previously thought. wink I have seen no proof or a scan that says she can use her powers within a split second.

The Weather God

ThePittman

ExodusCloak

You just want to call it something else because it proves that Storm can create something faster then what you previously thought. wink

Emma Frosts mind in Storms body. That's not Storms mind...Emma Frost is a telepath....that whole feat is down to Emma having a telepathically trained mind.

Storms powers with a telepaths mind....that's when her powers work in a split second.

Nope look at this.

Here's some food for thought:

http://img522.imageshack.us/my.php?image=page036hh5.jpg

"Storm is limited by the force of her will and the strength of her body."

In that scan you have:

Storms body:
Emma Frost(A telepaths) Will/Mind...

It's an Emma Frost feat...

Now if that was actually Storm then you would have made your point...but it's not it's Emma..hence the reaction speed.(And that scan will be going in Emma's respect thread very soon)

grey fox
Team FTW

Soljer
Wow, Pittman does have some good points.

Perhaps Storm even loses to this team. erm.

ThePittman
Originally posted by Soljer
Wow, Pittman does have some good points.

Perhaps Storm even loses to this team. erm. pitt_woot doesn't happen all the time stick out tongue

Your check is in the mail

The Weather God

ThePittman
Her airpressure dome has already blocked gunfire so there is no debate there that once she creates it their fried. I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree that storm can or cannot dodge three bullets before she can get a dome up. She is not above normal human performance so if she does dodge them then it is total PIS, she would have to pull a Matrix to do that and that is not within her power set.

The Weather God
She is not above normal human performance so if she does dodge them then it is total PIS, she would have to pull a Matrix to do that and that is not within her power set.

Storm is athlete performance and is well trained for combat as of such. It will not be PIS if she dodged three bullets 30 yards away. He has to reach for his back to even grab the dam gun and by that time storm would have noticed he was about to shoot.

Soljer
pitt_woot doesn't happen all the time stick out tongue

Your check is in the mail

You short changed me! You bastard! mad

ThePittman

The Weather God

ThePittman

The Weather God

Metalmanx
Storm is athlete performance and is well trained for combat as of such. It will not be PIS if she dodged three bullets 30 yards away. He has to reach for his back to even grab the dam gun and by that time storm would have noticed he was about to shoot.

All that says is = Not able to dodge three bullets from such a distance.

She has peak human reflexes. She can predict the paths of the bullets and just hope she's avoiding said paths. However, at the MOST, she'll dodge one. Then the next one gets her.

Soljer

She has peak human reflexes. She can predict the paths of the bullets and just hope she's avoiding said paths. However, at the MOST, she'll dodge one. Then the next one gets her.

Peak Human?

Doubtful... erm.

Metalmanx
Peak Human?

Doubtful... erm.

I'm giving Storm the benefit of the doubt.

Soljer
I'm giving Storm the benefit of the doubt.

That's a pretty big benefit.

Peak Human reflexes >>>>>>>>>>Trained athletic level reflexes

The Weather God

He'll have to shoot three time randomly fast in order to save his skin, once that second hit he's toast.

That's a pretty big benefit.

Peak Human reflexes >>>>>>>>>>Trained athletic level reflexes

Then you don't have a clue half the things she's done in the past.

ThePittman

The Weather God

Soljer

Then you don't have a clue have the things she's done in the past.

Prove to me that she's peak human, and we'll talk.

But even if she is? Deadpool's reactions are enhanced quite a bit beyond peak human.

The Weather God
Prove to me that she's peak human, and we'll talk.

But even if she is? Deadpool's reactions are enhanced quite a bit beyond peak human.

Proven by the simple fact that she's beaten super humans with super powered reflexes like marrow or calisto. That make sense to you? She's lead the x-men team into battle with no powers at all.

HandOfFate

ThePittman

BobbyD
Finally! A thread storm can win...

laughing out loud

Metalmanx
You don't get it do you, he doesn't have time to think about where to shoot, he haves to draw the gun and shoot in order to get even three shots at storm. When the bell rings storm already jumps to her side to dodge the bullets, it doesn't matter how fast dp's reflexes are he'll still need to draw and pull the trigger in order for the bullets to be shot, your talking as if he can shoot her at lightspeeds before she can even move.no

What if Deadpool shoots to the "side" where Storm will be "dodging"?

And actually, my friend, having superhuamn reflexes against a trained athlete's reflexes means that he can whip out the gun and probably get off a couple of rounds before she can counter.

The Weather God

ThePittman

The Weather God

ThePittman

ExodusCloak

The Weather God

ExodusCloak
We have no other scan showing how fast storm's powers work, that is the one and only scan at the moment that say's split second or anything, that is why. if storm can use her powers in a half a second then dp does not get three shots at her.

What about the temperature one which is actually Storm? And that Physics of the X-Men book that you showed us? Last time the reason why it wasn't usuable was because of that "Blink of the eye" idiom scan...now that we actually found a scan where it says seconds...doesn't that make that Official book credible?

The Weather God
It's a naturally acquired skill that's why it's not that much of gap....seconds to split second....

Proof = the scan I showed on the previous page where it says seconds.

Also remember that Physics of the X-Men book you showed us...that book said seconds as well.

If she diden't have her powers then that mean's her mind should not have been faster, it does not storm a whole second to fly. You also relying on pure speculation because the scan never said anything about storm's power being boosted because of her powers.

ExodusCloak
If she diden't have her powers then that mean's her mind should not have been faster, it does not storm a whole second to fly. You also relying on pure speculation because the scan never said anything about storm's power being boosted because of her powers.

People think at different speeds...in real life some people read more therefore they process information at higher levels.

Not if it's a skill that's acquired naturally due to the usage of her telepathy. She's reached out to a crowd of about 30 people....and gave them an orgasms...immediately.

The Weather God
What about the temperature one which is actually Storm? And that Physics of the X-Men book that you showed us? Last time the reason why it wasn't usuable was because of that "Blink of the eye" idiom scan...now that we actually found a scan where it says seconds...doesn't that make that Official book credible?

The temperature scan
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/7818/uncannyxmen118162fg.jpg
Also show's that storm created freezing rain to drop the temperature around the robot. Something you cut out. The temperature drops around the robot in a matter of seconds due to the freezing rain

ExodusCloak
The temperature scan
Also show's that storm created freezing rain to drop the temperature around the robot. Something you cut out. The temperature drops around the robot in a matter of seconds due to the freezing rain

The rain is freezing but it's her TEMPEST that drops the temperature....in a matter of seconds....doesn't make a difference. Since her freezing rain didn't work instantly.

The Weather God
The rain is freezing but it's her TEMPEST that drops the temperature....in a matter of seconds....doesn't make a difference.

Oh yeah i see what it was, you cut the freezing rain out so it would look like she dropped the temperatures. It's a huge difference. The freezing rain comes first and Then his temperature drops seconds later

Nice try Exodus you almost had me there laughing out loud

ExodusCloak
Oh yeah i see what it was, you cut the freezing rain out so it would look like she dropped the temperatures. It's a huge difference. The freezing rain comes first and Then his temperature drops seconds later

Nice try Exodus you almost had me there laughing out loud

What you're forgetting is the freezing rain didn't act instantly....she still had to drop the temperature of the rain which takes seconds.

ThePittman

The Weather God
What you're forgetting is the freezing rain didn't act instantly....

We don't know that since the rain just came out of nowhere. The next scan shows storm with the robot blowing to pieces.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>