Batman runs the gauntlet (o' style)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

seaapple
Batman runs the gauntlet:

1 Wolverine
2 The Phantom
3 Nightwing
4 Venom
5 Punisher
6 Ghost Rider
7 The Question
8 The Spectre
9 The Chameleon
10 Black Manta
11 The Gentleman Ghost
12 Cloak
13 Black Panther
14 Moon Knight

The ordering doesn't make sense? Did I fail to mention that this is a fashion gauntlet?
evil face
How good is Batman's costume? Where do the different versions fall?

SpunkySmurph
Bats loses to Question evil face

"Orange Socks"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT_i7mAIGsg

seaapple
Ha, classic clip!

seaapple
Thoughts?

seaapple
bump

seaapple
Back to the topic at hand, how good is Batman's costume?

DigiMark007
He's the freaking Batman. He doesn't lose costume competitions.

no expression

So yeah, I like his getup. embarrasment

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by seaapple
Back to the topic at hand, how good is Batman's costume?

Does he get prep? (ya know so he can make his own new costume to beat people farther down the list)

DigiMark007
Originally posted by seaapple
Batman runs the gauntlet:

1 Wolverine
2 The Phantom
3 Nightwing
4 Venom
5 Punisher
6 Ghost Rider
7 The Question
8 The Spectre
9 The Chameleon
10 Black Manta
11 The Gentleman Ghost
12 Cloak
13 Black Panther
14 Moon Knight

The ordering doesn't make sense? Did I fail to mention that this is a fashion gauntlet?
evil face
How good is Batman's costume? Where do the different versions fall?

...seems like a bunch of spooky guys in billowing capes. Not quite the costume gauntlet I'd create, but whatever works for you.

wink

Bats clears it though. Iconic simplicity ftw.

braz
Batman clears it. his costume is bomb

Symmetric Chaos
Stops at Cloak.

Swanky-Tuna
I always thought Nightwing's get-up was neat. If he gets past that, can't go wrong with business attire with The Question. And if that goes awry, there's no way he's making it past the Gentleman Ghost. He welds a top hat from beyond the grave!

seaapple
He gets enough prep to choose between any version of his costume from the comic books, tv show, or movies.

BTW,
I never offered my vote. I say he get stopped at 6. He beats Punisher, but loses to Ghost Rider's evil looking skull.

And yes, the gauntlet does have a focus on mysterious/spooky types of characters.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Bruce survives. Love his costume.

seaapple
Batman has a nice costume, but somehow a bat as an emblem just isn't quite as powerful as some of the others to me. Let me break it down:
1 Wolverine
Wolverine get a few points for being a "cool" guy, but the corny hair and the bright colors cannot stand up to Batman

2 The Phantom
Simplicity is great and I love the simple mask, but a purple suit with a round head just cannot compare to the Dark Knight.

3 Nightwing
Nice costume, but the loose hair just isn't as cool, and it is just a little plain.

4 Venom
Again, nice and simple, but a little plain. Batman's has more interest, but we are getting closer.

5 Punisher
I love a simple skull. Simple and to the point. He kills. But the plain looking face and Rambo-ness lets the mysterious Dark Knight have the upper hand.

6 Ghost Rider
Again a skull. But here it is on fire and as mysterious as the Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow. Plus he is a tough guy. Not someone you would want to meet. Finally someone scarier and more interesting visually than the Batman.

7 The Question
As someone mentioned above, the everyman suit, blank face, and fedora is just an iconic look. More mysterious and cool than the over-the-top Ghost Rider. And cooler than the specificity of Batman (an abstract question is more mysterious than a bat).

8 The Spectre
The cowl really does it for me. He look like a classic ghost. The only loses points for the overly green color and the white longjohn look with underwear look. Those are quibbling points. He looks cool and a ghostly look is even more mysterious than a man of mystery like the Question.

9 The Chameleon
I love the mystery of a man with many faces. His costume with that very simple mask is elegant. And he does it without otherworldly powers. He may not be too powerful but this is a very classy, old school, cool villain.

10 Black Manta
The robotic voice from Superfriends probably shouldn't count here, but who can deny it's cool? His big head is almost comically, and buttock shaped, but the sleek black outfit and spooky large alien eyes work to great effect. The fact that he could have appeared comic, but ends up looking ruthless, cold, and alien has this villain at the top of the charts. A true evil from the deep.

11 The Gentleman Ghost
The fact that he is a real ghost, with no face and just clothing, top hat, and cape, put him way up near the top here. He is such a complete mystery. And the polite gentleman aspect compliments the mystery. Despite the power differential, he gets ghostly style points over the likes of the Phantom and the Spectre. It is much more dapper than the, admittedly cool, Bat suit.

12 Cloak
But for a dark spectral presence, Cloak is perfect. Just a face in a billowing cloak. No logos, maybe just that simple medallion. He doesn't have the cheesiness factor that some superheroes do with that "underwear" look. The stripes add to the visual interest, but I just wonder if they are the slightest of a detraction from his look.

13 Black Panther
The new Black Panther is just plain rough. In retrospect I would move him lower on the list though, maybe just beating out Ghost Rider because the Panther is more subtle. The little ears are cool, but the cowled, cloaked costumes win out.

14 Moon Knight
The cowl is perfect with its widow's peak. The eyes are so simple, expressive, and malevolent. The moon is such a strong symbol. He can be a ghostly and billowing as cloak. His cloak beats the Spectre's. His logo is more timeless than Batman's (ignoring for a moment how iconic the Batman character has become in the real world). If he needs to look tough and physical then the artist need only focus less on the cloak and more on the physique. The colors can range from inky black to silver and white. I think Moon Knight has one of the coolest costumes in comics. Look back to Moon Knight series 1 (Siekiewicz/O'Neil) #25 to when he fights the Black Specter. When Moon Knight puts those spikes on his fist it sends chills down the spine. Batman is cool and all, but for mystery, elegance, and power, Moon Knight's look wins out.

seaapple
Wow, did that last post stop the conversation?

Bouboumaster
Stop at one. I love the hair of Wolverine. Lol

qqqqqqq
nippled batman costume ftw

seaapple
Originally posted by qqqqqqq
nippled batman costume ftw

I disagree. Now if it was Batgirl on the other hand...

Did I say that? shifty

seaapple
Yes I did!

(hush yo mouth!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.