Superman, Martian Manhunter and Kilowog versus BRB, Gladiator and Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
DC versus Marvel...who wins?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Superman beats Gladiator ( barely)
BRB stalemates MM
Silver Surfer Beats Kilowog ( barely)

Tie

Roldz
Marvel team wins majority..

Space M ummy
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Superman beats Gladiator ( barely)
BRB stalemates MM
Silver Surfer Beats Kilowog ( barely)

Tie

Full confidence gladiator would win over current superman.

is BRB vulnerable to psionic attacks? if not, MM loses here. I know he can keep up "superman" power levels (which BRB is) but not for long.

Silver surfer takes kilowog, and easily. He's much, MUCH faster and using the board takes 0% of his own power to attain and maintain lightspeed

Space M ummy

golem370
I say that Silver Surfer beat Kilowog Superman and Gladiator stalemates and Martian Manhunter beats Beta Ray Bill because of this intangibility. Tie

carver9
I think superman would fall to a well written gladiator and easily. Everything about gladiator is 2 notches above superman.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by carver9
I think superman would fall to a well written gladiator and easily. Everything about gladiator is 2 notches above superman.

And as they fight at the unimaginable speeds they would be, Superman gets knocked into a sun and take a nice sundip, Glads does what then? As his confidence goes out the window.

Space M ummy
And as they fight at the unimaginable speeds they would be, Superman gets knocked into a sun and take a nice sundip, Glads does what then? As his confidence goes out the window.

Gladiator has gone through stars with no issue whatsoever. Superman goes to take a sundip, Gladiator follows and tears him right out of there before laying on an ass whoopin.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Space M ummy
Gladiator has gone through stars with no issue whatsoever. Superman goes to take a sundip, Gladiator follows and tears him right out of there before laying on an ass whoopin.

You miss understand. With them fighting at such speeds, they are bound to pass near many suns. Superman's power is only going to increase. The Imitation can never beat the real thing.

Space M ummy
You miss understand. With them fighting at such speeds, they are bound to pass near many suns. Superman's power is only going to increase. The Imitation can never beat the real thing.

Pass near many, many suns. Red suns, for instance. Superman's power can go up OR down in that instance. IIRC, knocking Superman through a Red sun during infinite crisis took away all his powers. Gladiator is immune to this. Gladiator FTW.

Also, I admit Gladiator is a superman knockoff, but he was a PRECRISIS superman knockoff. the current superman is nowhere NEAR that strong.

Gladiator wins in every concievable way possible.

Kurash

i think you missed the point of going through the sun, and either way a full blown out superman not holding anything back (which weve rarely seen) would beat the hell out of gladiator

nvrbeenwthagirl
Pass near many, many suns. Red suns, for instance. Superman's power can go up OR down in that instance. IIRC, knocking Superman through a Red sun during infinite crisis took away all his powers. Gladiator is immune to this. Gladiator FTW.

Also, I admit Gladiator is a superman knockoff, but he was a PRECRISIS superman knockoff. the current superman is nowhere NEAR that strong.

Gladiator wins in every concievable way possible.

And just imagine how much of that radiation that Glads is weak to is floating around in space. Glads has never shown PC superman power lvls. Granted Glads is a better fighter, but when his power depends on his confidence, I have to go with supers.

carver9
punching a planet 3 times and destroying it aint precrisis superman. Swimming in stars isnt precrisis superman. Flying 100 time the speed of light isnt precrisis superman. Lifting the baxter building up with one hand isnt precrisis superman. Nova calling gladiator one of the most powerful beings in the universe isnt precrisis superman. About to punch cannonball from the earth to the sun isnt precrisis superman. Catching up with a skrull ship going at warp speed isnt precrisis superman or fighting a living planet, ego, that has the power to stalemate galactus isnt precrisis superman. Almost forgot, stalemated silver surfer. He never moved chained planets because he never needed to. Gladiator would mud stomp superman if he had to and quite easily. Superman is fast but he dont nowhere NEAR the speed of light, the superman writter said that superman base speed is the speed of sound and gladiator flies millions of times faster than that.

masterbruce
punching a planet 3 times and destroying it aint precrisis superman. Swimming in stars isnt precrisis superman. Flying 100 time the speed of light isnt precrisis superman. Lifting the baxter building up with one hand isnt precrisis superman. Nova calling gladiator one of the most powerful beings in the universe isnt precrisis superman. About to punch cannonball from the earth to the sun isnt precrisis superman. Catching up with a skrull ship going at warp speed isnt precrisis superman or fighting a living planet, ego, that has the power to stalemate galactus isnt precrisis superman. Almost forgot, stalemated silver surfer. He never moved chained planets because he never needed to. Gladiator would mud stomp superman if he had to and quite easily. Superman is fast but he dont nowhere NEAR the speed of light, the superman writter said that superman base speed is the speed of sound and gladiator flies millions of times faster than that.

swimming in stars? sounds bullshit.

Oh, and how did that Cannonball match turn out?

batdude123

False.

carver9
batdude123 what are you saying false for, everything that i said about gladiator is true. Everything that i said happened, happened. Superman dont compare to a confident gladiator but no confident gladiator would lose. It was stated by reed richards, by cannonball, by nova that when gladiator puts his mind to it he can do anything and destroying a planet with 3 punches is proof of that.

carver9
Originally posted by masterbruce
swimming in stars? sounds bullshit.

Oh, and how did that Cannonball match turn out?

The same way it would have turned out if cannonball was fighting superman and superman giving a punch of that strength (which I dont think that he could). Superman getting knocked the f--- out. You must didnt read that book before. It was simply stated that cannonball absorbed that entire planet destroying punch that gladiator gave him and punched him with the same force. Also after that punch gladiator got right back up, didnt suffer any injuries.

batdude123
batdude123 what are you saying false for, everything that i said about gladiator is true. Everything that i said happened, happened. Superman dont compare to a confident gladiator but no confident gladiator would lose. It was stated by reed richards, by cannonball, by nova that when gladiator puts his mind to it he can do anything and destroying a planet with 3 punches is proof of that.

I wasn't talking about what you listed for Gladiator.

I was talking about your description of Superman.

POST-Crisis Superman easily has feats that put him over those...

Glads is Superman-lite.

Soljer
Eh, Gladiator and Superman seem approximately equal, in my honest opinion.

As long as we are taking a full-confidence Gladiator, that is.

The Surfer stomps Kilowog, and BRB can take the Manhunter much more often than not.

Even if Superman DOES beat Gladiator, he won't be beating either the Surfer or Bill, much less both of them.

batdude123
Originally posted by Soljer
Eh, Gladiator and Superman seem approximately equal, in my honest opinion.

As long as we are taking a full-confidence Gladiator, that is.

The Surfer stomps Kilowog, and BRB can take the Manhunter much more often than not.

Even if Superman DOES beat Gladiator, he won't be beating either the Surfer or Bill, much less both of them.

Superman can beat Bill.

Marvel for the majority.

Soljer
Originally posted by batdude123
Superman can beat Bill.

Marvel for the majority.

Sure, Kal can beat Bill.

For a couple out of ten.

batdude123
Sure, Kal can beat Bill.

For a couple out of ten.

Try the majority.

Soljer
Try the majority.

I tried it.

Bill won. smile.

Accel
How does Bill succeed where Thor fails?

batdude123
I tried it.

Bill won. smile.

An ass-kicking.

Soljer
An ass-kicking.

Post match, from the Surfer for not taking Superman out even faster.

smile.

batdude123
Post match, from the Surfer for not taking Superman out even faster.

smile.

Supes would beat Bill for the majority.

Just like Thor would lose to Superman for the majority.

batdude123
Originally posted by Accel
How does Bill succeed where Thor fails?

He doesn't...

Soljer
Supes would beat Bill for the majority.

Just like Thor would lose to Superman for the majority.

Both Thor and Beta could take a majority on Superman. They may lack his speed, but they are nearly his strength, arguably his equal in durability, and are quite his superior in the versatility department.

Accel
None of that makes a difference when your opponent knocks you out before you form a thought.

Mongoose just about took Thor out with 10-20 superfast punches. Thor was helpless against him.

Soljer
None of that makes a difference when your opponent knocks you out before you form a thought.

Mongoose just about took Thor out with 10-20 superfast punches. Thor was helpless against him.

Didn't know Mongooses' punches were equivalent to galaxy-busting attacks....

batdude123
Both Thor and Beta could take a majority on Superman. They may lack his speed, but they are nearly his strength, arguably his equal in durability, and are quite his superior in the versatility department.

Their versatility advantage is trumped (and then some) by Superman's speed advantage.

Accel
Didn't know Mongooses' punches were equivalent to galaxy-busting attacks....
Yeah, because nothing less than that can take down Thor.

BobbyD
Originally posted by Roldz
Marvel team wins majority..

Correct 8?/10.

SS and BRB w/ Stormbreaker pose big problems for Clark.

batdude123

laughing out loud

Soljer

Highest showings? erm.

UniOmni
Superman can beat Bill.

Marvel for the majority.

Superman can beat Bill.

Bill can beat Superman.

I'd put my money on Bill though, simply due to the fact that he's meaner.

And Gladiator isn't Supermanlite unless he's facing an xbook appearance.

a good showing of Gladiator, is easily on par with Superman. Easily.

carver9
Gladiator destroyed a planet, I never seen superman do that. Gladiator fought ego the planet, a galactis powered being, I never seen superman accomplish anything like that without the aid of someone to help him. I have never seen superman go 100 times the speed of light, something that flash might struggle to do. I have never seen superman fly towards the earth and make the entire city shake. Gladiator by far is superman superior and for the matter thor can take superman out as well and quite easily since thor is the better fighter and have more power at his disposal than superman would ever dream of. Superman might be fast but thor have been fighting super speedster all of his life and have done pretty good. Superman gets slapped around by wonder woman, I have never seen him defeat wonder woman yet in battle and during there last battle (max lord saga) superman was going all out and wonderwomen held back and almost killed superman (could have killed him if she wanted to). Thor is far superior than wonderwoman. Superman is a great character but I put him some notches below gladiator and thor.

Accel
Highest showings? erm.
I prefer going by overall consistency, which tells me neither Thor's durability nor his reflexes can stand up to a speedblitz from Superman.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Gladiator destroyed a planet, I never seen superman do that. Gladiator fought ego the planet, a galactis powered being, I never seen superman accomplish anything like that without the aid of someone to help him. I have never seen superman go 100 times the speed of light, something that flash might struggle to do. I have never seen superman fly towards the earth and make the entire city shake. Gladiator by far is superman superior and for the matter thor can take superman out as well and quite easily since thor is the better fighter and have more power at his disposal than superman would ever dream of. Superman might be fast but thor have been fighting super speedster all of his life and have done pretty good. Superman gets slapped around by wonder woman, I have never seen him defeat wonder woman yet in battle and during there last battle (max lord saga) superman was going all out and wonderwomen held back and almost killed superman (could have killed him if she wanted to). Thor is far superior than wonderwoman. Superman is a great character but I put him some notches below gladiator and thor.

Thor is far Superior to WW? since when? For every power Thor has, She has a counter. Thanks very much. And other forums on the net actually believe Diana beats thor 7/10. Try looking it up or would you like me to provice links?

carver9
If anyone think that diana is superior to thor in any way is crazy. Thor have more combat experience, is a better fighter, might be just as strong and have complete control over magic. Diana and superman is good but theyre not that good. I think that it would take one good hit across the head of superman or wonderwoman with the hammer and the fight is done. Or he could just drain superman of his powers, just like when he took juggernaut durability away or he could just teleport superman or diana in front of him and bust them in the back of the head. Thor just have to much going for himself, especially gladiator.

nvrbeenwthagirl
If anyone think that diana is superior to thor in any way is crazy. Thor have more combat experience, is a better fighter, might be just as strong and have complete control over magic. Diana and superman is good but theyre not that good. I think that it would take one good hit across the head of superman or wonderwoman with the hammer and the fight is done. Or he could just drain superman of his powers, just like when he took juggernaut durability away or he could just teleport superman or diana in front of him and bust them in the back of the head. Thor just have to much going for himself, especially gladiator.

Wait a minute. First of all, Superman and WW both fought for THOUSANDS of years with the DC thor against hordes of Demons. So when did Thor get so much experience over them? And Diana is resistant to any magic Thor can Muster. Circe is far superior to Thor in magic, and yet even she can't use her magic against Diana. Circe who was able to completely throw every pantheon in the DCU for a loop. Thanks. WW has been hit by Superman at light speed, Hit by a demon who had all the power of hell, hit by a doomsday clone that was 2 as strong as the orginal, and you think a good hit across the head with the hammer is going to knock her out. First of all, WW has shown greater combat speed than Thor. So exactly how is he going to be hitting her across her head? SHe can deflect that hammer with her bracelets. Now on to Superman. Superman may be weak to magic, but he's so damn fast and strong, you dont' want to fight someone who is as tuff as you or tuffer, and as strong or stronger than you, and waaaaaaaaaaaaaay faster. I dont' give a damn if Thor can summon a psychich jiggly puff lightning phoenix storm chock full of Superman killing magic. If superman puches him acouple hundred times before he gets to lift the hammer, what good is all that versatility going to do him?

batdude123
Gladiator destroyed a planet, I never seen superman do that.

Maybe because he's not a dick, and he doesn't like risking the lives of others?

He has on the other hand, braced half of eternity (kinda redundant, no?), and moved an object that dwarfed our solar system.

Gladiator fought ego the planet, a galactis powered being

Galactus jobs to lower level beings everyday of the week, and twice on Sundays.

Not to mention, along with Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill and Thor beat Ego as well. Are you gonna tell me they = Galactus now? Pfffffft.

I never seen superman accomplish anything like that without the aid of someone to help him.

He's beaten somebody who's made DC's equivalent to Eternity look like a child.

Originally posted by c
arver9 I have never seen superman go 100 times the speed of light

Flying from the earth to the sun in seconds.

Flying so fast that he created a boom tube in the time/space dimension which enabled him to instantly travel to his location.

Yeah, he's nowhere near as fast...

something that flash might struggle to do.

Flash has feats that absolutely bones 100x the speed of light.

I have never seen superman fly towards the earth and make the entire city shake.

What the f**k?

All that's required to do is fly at super sonic speeds, which creates sonic booms. Nothing Superman can't easily do.

Gladiator by far is superman's superior

Based on what, exactly? You're using low end feats for Superman, and high end ones for Glads. I could do the same thing, except Gladiator's low end feats are even more embarrassing.

Superman is also a lot more versatile than Gladiator is.

and for the matter thor can take superman out as well and quite easily

hysterical2

Thor would get knocked out before he even knew what was going on.

Superman's speed advantage trumps Thor's overall versatility advantage.

since thor is the better fighter and have more power at his disposal than superman would ever dream of.

See above.

Superman might be fast but thor have been fighting super speedster all of his life and have done pretty good.

Thor has had trouble with low level speedsters his entire comic book history. Superman is above any "speedster" Thor has faced.

Superman gets slapped around by wonder woman

Riiiiiiiiight... she only ended up getting punched from the sun to the earth.

I have never seen him defeat wonder woman yet in battle and during there last battle (max lord saga) superman was going all out and wonderwomen held back and almost killed superman (could have killed him if she wanted to).

Superman was not in his right state of mind.

Not to mention, what exactly did you think was going to happen in that fight? She was told that she was the ONLY person on Earth that could stop Superman. Do you honestly believe that crap? Kyle, Flash, and J'onn immediately come to mind. I'd much rather pick them than WW.

Fact of the matter was that they wanted to have DC's #1 woman against DC's #1 man. The entire story arc was building to that moment, and it was only to make Wonder Woman look good. In that kind of situation, do you really think that WW would get dropped easily? No. It had to be a climactic battle for the ages. In other stories, Superman has beaten WW w/o too much trouble.

Thor is far superior than wonderwoman.

Superior, sure. FAR superior though... eh.... not so much.

Superman is a great character but I put him some notches below gladiator and thor.

Once again... False.

carver9
I would like to say that silver surfer by far is faster than superman, gladiator is faster than superman, quicksilver is faster than superman and know how to use his speed better than superman. Thanos is more powerful than superman and stronger, and thor have mud stomped all of them even though they were superior to him in speed. We can all say that superman can speed blitz thor all day but we know that lightning moves a lot faster than superman and since thor lightning is dipped in magic superman will be hurting. Im not calling superman weak or wonderwoman but thor and gladiator is above them. I have seen superman get knocked out plenty of time by captain marvel with just one punch, so what would make it different with thors hammer which is backed up with the strength of thor. You are correct about diana though, she is kind of immune to magic (notice i said kind of). Thor would wear wonderwoman down and take her out of the fight. He do have complete control over weather, he can stabalize her by freezing her and go in for the knock out or he could conjure up about 10 tornadoes and have them come after diana and while shes worried about that he could just pound on her. Gladiator at full confidence, it seems like nothing can stop him. I have witness this guy take full strength blows from people in the 100 ton range and just stand there and smile. Gladiator have some weak showings because he is the villian and a very very powerful villian and just like darkseid, he is meant to look weak at times but I and alot of other people know what he is capable of. Gladiator is based off of pre crisis superman. Gladiator moves planets, superman needed the aid of wonderwoman and martian manhunter to help him move the moon.

batdude123
quicksilver is faster than superman and know how to use his speed better than superman.

hysterical2 crylaugh hysterical lol laughing out loud laughing rolling on floor laughing

I stopped reading at this point.

Kid, you obviously know absolutely SHIT about Superman. Please go read a Superman comic. Thanks. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Howard_Jones
How fast is Superman's running speed? His flight speed is sick, but I honestly haven't seen many good running feats of his. Know any off the top of your head, Batdude?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
How fast is Superman's running speed? His flight speed is sick, but I honestly haven't seen many good running feats of his. Know any off the top of your head, Batdude?

Superman's Running Speed is near light speed. The flash commented on this several times. As a matter of Fact, SUPERGIRL, was able to nearly match flash RUNNING. Superman can fly many many many times the speed of light.

Accel
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/4984/flashv2209p0111wt.th.jpg

batdude123

2000 miles/second

nvrbeenwthagirl
I would like to say that silver surfer by far is faster than superman, gladiator is faster than superman, quicksilver is faster than superman and know how to use his speed better than superman. Thanos is more powerful than superman and stronger, and thor have mud stomped all of them even though they were superior to him in speed. We can all say that superman can speed blitz thor all day but we know that lightning moves a lot faster than superman and since thor lightning is dipped in magic superman will be hurting. Im not calling superman weak or wonderwoman but thor and gladiator is above them. I have seen superman get knocked out plenty of time by captain marvel with just one punch, so what would make it different with thors hammer which is backed up with the strength of thor. You are correct about diana though, she is kind of immune to magic (notice i said kind of). Thor would wear wonderwoman down and take her out of the fight. He do have complete control over weather, he can stabalize her by freezing her and go in for the knock out or he could conjure up about 10 tornadoes and have them come after diana and while shes worried about that he could just pound on her. Gladiator at full confidence, it seems like nothing can stop him. I have witness this guy take full strength blows from people in the 100 ton range and just stand there and smile. Gladiator have some weak showings because he is the villian and a very very powerful villian and just like darkseid, he is meant to look weak at times but I and alot of other people know what he is capable of. Gladiator is based off of pre crisis superman. Gladiator moves planets, superman needed the aid of wonderwoman and martian manhunter to help him move the moon.

Where do I begin. First of all, You honestly think Bad weather is going to bother or frighten Diana? A woman who has taken the full brunt of a blast from Zeus, The God of Bad weather. HAH. just stop it now. ANd As far as Superman Needing help from MM and WW to move the moon, remember they also moved the EARTH. Say it with me. EARTH. And Superman and Wonder Woman have held, albiet briefly, the weight of Eternity in the spectre. There is no way to quantify the measurement of this as it is off the scales, which is why they left it open the way they did. Also, Superman is like nothing Gladiator has ever faced. A complete copy of him. How do you think his confidence is going to be when he finds out that he's not the only one. While Superman has fought many clones of himself. MM, CM, Zod, Bizarro, Majestic and more.

nvrbeenwthagirl
2000 miles/second

That is not his top speed. They were running in populated areas. I'm sure they could rev it up more.

carver9
batdude123 I can tell that you love superman, I do to but gladiator is far better than him. Like i said before gladiator have weak showing more than superman does is because he's a villian. It is stated on all of gladiator bios that his strength and speed is unlimited. Stop using that junk about wonderwoman was suppose to look good against superman, she was his superior in that comic, she held back the entire time and was still winning. She could have killed superman from what me and you and have seen and it happened, so deal with it. Venom also mud stomped superman and spiderman at the same time what happened to superman speed then, can we say that it didnt work. I know you will call that PIS but it happened just like the cannonball thing with gladiator (even though gladiator wasnt defeated and even though cannonball absorbed the impact of a punch that was going to knock him from earth to the moon. Superman have been owned by spiderman (who had the aid of luthor, had spiderman surrounded in red sunlight) spiderman was slapping superman all around that city until luthor took the light away from him. Like I said I love superman, I have his emblem all around my house but I know his capabilities and I know gladiator capabilities and thors and superman cannot win against them. By the way superman cant fly from the earth to the moon, it is stated on his page on dc.com that it takes superman 2 to 3 min to fly from earth to the moon. It was also classified in the wizard book that had superman on the front cover that superman can only move at the speed of sound, not light. They said that he dont come close to that speed anymore. Now precrisis superman yeah he did move at that speed but post sups will never do that again but gladiator live his life moving at that speed.

nvrbeenwthagirl
batdude123 I can tell that you love superman, I do to but gladiator is far better than him. Like i said before gladiator have weak showing more than superman does is because he's a villian. It is stated on all of gladiator bios that his strength and speed is unlimited. Stop using that junk about wonderwoman was suppose to look good against superman, she was his superior in that comic, she held back the entire time and was still winning. She could have killed superman from what me and you and have seen and it happened, so deal with it. Venom also mud stomped superman and spiderman at the same time what happened to superman speed then, can we say that it didnt work. I know you will call that PIS but it happened just like the cannonball thing with gladiator (even though gladiator wasnt defeated and even though cannonball absorbed the impact of a punch that was going to knock him from earth to the moon. Superman have been owned by spiderman (who had the aid of luthor, had spiderman surrounded in red sunlight) spiderman was slapping superman all around that city until luthor took the light away from him. Like I said I love superman, I have his emblem all around my house but I know his capabilities and I know gladiator capabilities and thors and superman cannot win against them. By the way superman cant fly from the earth to the moon, it is stated on his page on dc.com that it takes superman 2 to 3 min to fly from earth to the moon. It was also classified in the wizard book that had superman on the front cover that superman can only move at the speed of sound, not light. They said that he dont come close to that speed anymore. Now precrisis superman yeah he did move at that speed but post sups will never do that again but gladiator live his life moving at that speed.

I just have one question, When Superman and WW fought, How did Superman end up so close to the sun? and How did he follow her back to the earth so fast if He can't fly that fast any more? do you know how long it would take him to fly from the sun to earth at the speed of sound? Good lord he would be dead before he hit earth. It takes more than the speed of sound to get to the moon in 2 or 3 minutes. So i'm failing to see where you get the speed of sound from.

carver9
I just have one question, When Superman and WW fought, How did Superman end up so close to the sun? and How did he follow her back to the earth so fast if He can't fly that fast any more? do you know how long it would take him to fly from the sun to earth and the speed of sound? Good lord he would be dead before he hit earth. It takes more than the speed of sound to get to the moon in 2 or 3 minutes. So i'm failing to see where you get the speed of sound from.

Do you know that when your in space, (for people with superspeed not humans) you move faster than you would besides at a place with gravity. Silver surfer moves millions of times faster in space than he would on the planet earth, thats how superman got back that fast. Like I said writters stated that superman only moves at 2000 mps, I know it hurt you to know this but that is his max speed.

kgkg
I wasn't talking about what you listed for Gladiator.

I was talking about your description of Superman.

POST-Crisis Superman easily has feats that put him over those...

Glads is Superman-lite. When full confident ? laughing out loud

carver9
Where do I begin. First of all, You honestly think Bad weather is going to bother or frighten Diana? A woman who has taken the full brunt of a blast from Zeus, The God of Bad weather. HAH. just stop it now. ANd As far as Superman Needing help from MM and WW to move the moon, remember they also moved the EARTH. Say it with me. EARTH. And Superman and Wonder Woman have held, albiet briefly, the weight of Eternity in the spectre. There is no way to quantify the measurement of this as it is off the scales, which is why they left it open the way they did. Also, Superman is like nothing Gladiator has ever faced. A complete copy of him. How do you think his confidence is going to be when he finds out that he's not the only one. While Superman has fought many clones of himself. MM, CM, Zod, Bizarro, Majestic and more.

glad I didnt forget about this post: Lets not forget that gladiator fought 2 people of equal power of superman and one of them got there neck broke. He fought hyperion and realized that hyperion had almost the same powers as him and broke his neck and he didnt lose any confident. Then he fought someone who is superior to superman, Supreme and it was a stalemate, they couldnt beat each other. Superman and gladiator are on different pages. A full confident gladiator would annihalate superman and his powers put superman to shame. I do remember superman pulling the planet earth along with martian manhunter and wonderwoman, gladiator might could have done that by himself since it is stated everywhere that his strength dont have a limit, his strength is limitless, do you know what that mean.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Do you know that when your in space, (for people with superspeed not humans) you move faster than you would besides at a place with gravity. Silver surfer moves millions of times faster in space than he would on the planet earth, thats how superman got back that fast. Like I said writters stated that superman only moves at 2000 mps, I know it hurt you to know this but that is his max speed.

Actually that is not what it says. first of all, the flash was commenting on the speed they were running in a POPULATED area. RUNNING. He never said it was thier top speed, and Superman certainly didn't look like he was in an actual running stance. you know how when people run at top speed they are leaning forward. Check out the first superman vs flash race comic to see what I mean. they looked to be sprinting. especially since they were in the Earth's atmosphere and Superman doesn't have flashes aura that protects the innocents. And gravity has absolutely no effect on the capability of Superman's speed. try that one again.

nvrbeenwthagirl
glad I didnt forget about this post: Lets not forget that gladiator fought 2 people of equal power of superman and one of them got there neck broke. He fought hyperion and realized that hyperion had almost the same powers as him and broke his neck and he didnt lose any confident. Then he fought someone who is superior to superman, Supreme and it was a stalemate, they couldnt beat each other. Superman and gladiator are on different pages. A full confident gladiator would annihalate superman and his powers put superman to shame. I do remember superman pulling the planet earth along with martian manhunter and wonderwoman, gladiator might could have done that by himself since it is stated everywhere that his strength dont have a limit, his strength is limitless, do you know what that mean.

First of all, if Glads strength was limitless, he wouldn't have gotten more powerful when he got the Unipower. How can you increase someone's power when they are already limitless. Thanks, try that one again. Glads is a copy and a copy is never as good as the original. Supermna wins on sheer originality. And he also wins becuz Glads has gotten Taken down by far less than Superman. The best thing you can say is Diana was hanging with Superman. A woman who can beat the hulk. I'd say it's not such an embarrassment for Superman. But certainly Glads has been humiliated before by far less than Wonder Women.

kgkg
He whouldn't need confidence to be powerful with Unipower.

thats like saying Hulk has no use for the power gem since he can already get to infinite strength roll eyes (sarcastic)

batdude123

Gladiator isn't better than Superman. Period.

And yes, that story arc was to make WW look good. Company politics suggested it should be WW to fight Superman, rather than Kyle, Wally, or J'onn. OF COURSE they were going to make her look good. The fight was also horribly written. Superman couldn't even hear her when she was RIGHT BEHIND HIM. Anybody sneaking up on Superman is h-o-r-r-i-b-l-y written.

WW didn't even win that fight. She LOST. She was smacked from the sun to the earth in milliseconds. Superman wasn't in his right mind either.

It's also good to see that you're using the noncanon x-over that had Superman fight Venom. Also, probably one of the biggest cases of PIS ever. You love Superman, and yet somehow you're using that instance? Pffffffft. Get that shit outta here.

Right... and when he had the red solar radiation taken away from him, Superman proved how insignificant Spider-man was in terms of strength.

For someone who THINKS he knows about Superman's abilities, you know absolutely shit. I really don't care if your entire house is modelled after the fortress of solitude, you know absolutely CRAP about Superman.

Oh, and we use actual feats here. We don't go by websites or bios when it comes to limiting a person's power. Superman is faster than light, and has shown to go way passed the speed of light as well. You again, know crap about Superman's speed.

Please... stop talking. You fail.

carver9
First of all, if Glads strength was limitless, he wouldn't have gotten more powerful when he got the Unipower. How can you increase someone's power when they are already limitless. Thanks, try that one again. Glads is a copy and a copy is never as good as the original. Supermna wins on sheer originality. And he also wins becuz Glads has gotten Taken down by far less than Superman. The best thing you can say is Diana was hanging with Superman. A woman who can beat the hulk. I'd say it's not such an embarrassment for Superman. But certainly Glads has been humiliated before by far less than Wonder Women.

Well let me put superman to shame. He got beat up by venom and even had the aid of spiderman and still got stomped out. He got beat up by spiderman, now thats funny. He got punched once by captain marvel and was knocked the hell out. He recently got shot by a gl ring and was knocked out. Back in the days he fought and old batman that had a power suit on and got mud stomped and almost died. Like I told you before gladiator is a villian he is made to lose. Lets use some good feats of gladiator. He grabbed a space ship the size of a state that flew towards the planet earth at blinding speed while carrying a ship of that size. He picked up the baxter building with one hand that is 35 stories high. He took a super nova blast that lit up the entire solar system and flew out of it without a scratch. He swimmed in stars, fought tyrant but he lost but did good. Stalemated silver surfer. He moves much faster than superman, MUCH faster. Stop putting superman over everyone, he has great powers but he isnt the most powerful being out there. By the way hyperion came out before gladiator and still got his neck snapped. Also hyperion from the exiles that fought every hero on the planet and won is also a superman rip off but he would kill superman without a thought.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Well let me put superman to shame. He got beat up by venom and even had the aid of spiderman and still got stomped out. He got beat up by spiderman, now thats funny. He got punched once by captain marvel and was knocked the hell out. He recently got shot by a gl ring and was knocked out. Back in the days he fought and old batman that had a power suit on and got mud stomped and almost died. Like I told you before gladiator is a villian he is made to lose. Lets use some good feats of gladiator. He grabbed a space ship the size of a state that flew towards the planet earth at blinding speed while carrying a ship of that size. He picked up the baxter building with one hand that is 35 stories high. He took a super nova blast that lit up the entire solar system and flew out of it without a scratch. He swimmed in stars, fought tyrant but he lost but did good. Stalemated silver surfer. He moves much faster than superman, MUCH faster. Stop putting superman over everyone, he has great powers but he isnt the most powerful being out there. By the way hyperion came out before gladiator and still got his neck snapped. Also hyperion from the exiles that fought every hero on the planet and won is also a superman rip off but he would kill superman without a thought.

You obviously dont' know how to use the theory of relativity. Superman's world and Universe if filled with beings near his lvl of power. Gladiator is not. So Glads feat look so aweinspiring over at marvel. In DC, that shit happens every other day. Superman can Lift the Gaza pyramid without breaking a sweat. That trumps the baxter building any day.

Avalonofthewind
Supers can simply KO Glads with sonics.....

...hey...if it worked for Blackbolt...

batdude123
Well let me put superman to shame. He got beat up by venom and even had the aid of spiderman and still got stomped out. He got beat up by spiderman, now thats funny. He got punched once by captain marvel and was knocked the hell out. He recently got shot by a gl ring and was knocked out. Back in the days he fought and old batman that had a power suit on and got mud stomped and almost died. Like I told you before gladiator is a villian he is made to lose.

Silver Surfer has been owned by a brick to the head.

Gladiator was wtf pwned by the Hulk.

Spider-man beat Firelord.

Silver Surfer was pwned by Storm's lightning.

Gladiator was owned by Cannonball.

Gladiator was owned by GAMBIT.

Gladiator was stalemated in a strength contest against Colossus.

Thor was stated that he could't take a bullet.

Thor was KO'd by a rock.

You were thinking you could actually out debate me about Superman.

It's ALL crap... no expression

You fail, now get out.

carver9
batdude123 you dont know what youre talking about, if the writter says that superman flies at 2000 mps and if other writter say the same thing than what make you think that your answer overrides theres. You dont write superman books, you just read them, just like I do. When you become the writer of his books then you make him move as fast as you want but until then Im going by what they say. As for the wonderwoman thing, she beat him, I dont care if it was suppose to look like that or not she won and held back like she said. I can also tell that you never read that book before. Yeah superman did fly her by the sun and he did punch her from the sun to the earth then superman flew down and froze the entire crater that she was punched in. He turned around like the fight was over and wonderwoman busted free. Superman stood still trying to hear where she was and she ended up clanging her bracelet against his ears saying "with his super hearing that had to hurt." his ears start to bleed while he was screaming in pain and she start to beat him down saying to herself "Im going to hold back because superman isnt responsible for any of this that is going on and she beat him to the ground and was going to walk off until superman grabbed her by the arm and broke her risk. Wonderwoman then called upon some birds to attack superman and he easily spinned them off but when he looked around wonderwoman was gone. She went and found max lord and threatened him but superman end up showing up and wonderwoman took off her tier and threw it at superspeed slicing superman throat, (she could have killed him then but she snapped max lord neck instead). Now you know what happened, learn from it and buy the book its a good book.

nvrbeenwthagirl
batdude123 you dont know what youre talking about, if the writter says that superman flies at 2000 mps and if other writter say the same thing than what make you think that your answer overrides theres. You dont write superman books, you just read them, just like I do. When you become the writer of his books then you make him move as fast as you want but until then Im going by what they say. As for the wonderwoman thing, she beat him, I dont care if it was suppose to look like that or not she won and held back like she said. I can also tell that you never read that book before. Yeah superman did fly her by the sun and he did punch her from the sun to the earth then superman flew down and froze the entire crater that she was punched in. He turned around like the fight was over and wonderwoman busted free. Superman stood still trying to hear where she was and she ended up clanging her bracelet against his ears saying "with his super hearing that had to hurt." his ears start to bleed while he was screaming in pain and she start to beat him down saying to herself "Im going to hold back because superman isnt responsible for any of this that is going on and she beat him to the ground and was going to walk off until superman grabbed her by the arm and broke her risk. Wonderwoman then called upon some birds to attack superman and he easily spinned them off but when he looked around wonderwoman was gone. She went and found max lord and threatened him but superman end up showing up and wonderwoman took off her tier and threw it at superspeed slicing superman throat, (she could have killed him then but she snapped max lord neck instead). Now you know what happened, learn from it and buy the book its a good book.

I fail to see how your using Superman's fight with Wonder Woman as a Put down to Superman. If anything, it's more of a come up for Wonder Woman to be able to do as well as she did. Which was the purpose of the Book. not to bring Superman down a notch, but to bring WW up a couple notches. In his right mind, Superman would have never fought diana like he did. He knows she is a master fighter and woudl adjust accorindly. In that fight, he was out of his mind with rage and thinking he was fighting a dumb doomsday. THe fight was a perfect way to make Diana look good without making him look bad. I dont' see how come you can't see that.

carver9
Silver Surfer has been owned by a brick to the head.

Gladiator was wtf pwned by the Hulk.

Spider-man beat Firelord.

Silver Surfer was pwned by Storm's lightning.

Gladiator was owned by Cannonball.

Gladiator was owned by GAMBIT.

Gladiator was stalemated in a strength contest against Colossus.

Thor was stated that he could't take a bullet.

Thor was KO'd by a rock.

You were thinking you could actually out debate me about Superman.

It's ALL crap... no expression

You fail, now get out.

Batdude you dont know nothing about comics, anything that you write, Im going to ignore because everything you said was hilarious. laughing

As for the gladiator and colossus fight, colossus didnt pose any kind of threat against gladiator but colossus is a powerful character anyway, so im not going to down him. Ill be sending you some picks and sites, I hope it make you realise the truth, Ill be back.

batdude123

Christ... another David_Richards. erm

I've read the book.

You're an IDIOT who knows shit about Superman. Go home.

Gladiator isn't as good as Superman. Please read Superman books. If you did, you wouldn't actually be using the Venom NONCANON x-over as a source.

Please learn from your stupidity, and quite spouting crap.

Superman has flown well past the speed of light before.

Superman has moved an object that has dwarfed the solar system.

Superman is more versatile than Gladiator.

The illogical tripe that's being uttered from your ignorant posts are simply retarded.

carver9
I fail to see how your using Superman's fight with Wonder Woman as a Put down to Superman. If anything, it's more of a come up for Wonder Woman to be able to do as well as she did. Which was the purpose of the Book. not to bring Superman down a notch, but to bring WW up a couple notches. In his right mind, Superman would have never fought diana like he did. He knows she is a master fighter and woudl adjust accorindly. In that fight, he was out of his mind with rage and thinking he was fighting a dumb doomsday. THe fight was a perfect way to make Diana look good without making him look bad. I dont' see how come you can't see that.

What i wrote wasnt against you are superman, I wanted someone who never read the book, that said that the fight ended with superman punching wonderwoman from the sun to earth. Wonderwoman is a great character but she also dont have nothing on glads and that would be a good arguement to use against superman.

batdude123
Batdude you dont know nothing about comics, anything that you write, Im going to ignore because everything you said was hilarious. laughing

I know crap about comics, but you're using the Spider-man/Venom x-overs as a source for your arguments? laughing hysterical2

You fail... miserably.

batdude123
What i wrote wasnt against you are superman, I wanted someone who never read the book, that said that the fight ended with superman punching wonderwoman from the sun to earth. Wonderwoman is a great character but she also dont have nothing on glads and that would be a good arguement to use against superman.

I never said the fight ended with Superman punching her from the sun to the earth. I simply stated it HAPPENED.

Pleae learn to read.

Badabing
Who is Carver and why is he upset?

carver9
Look here and it will show you that gladiator strength is incaculable.

http://www.marveldatabase.com/Gladiator_(Imperial_Guard)

batdude123
Originally posted by Badabing
Who is Carver and why is he upset?

He's upset 'cause Superman is more powerful than he thinks he is. erm

nvrbeenwthagirl
Look here and it will show you that gladiator strength is incaculable.

http://www.marveldatabase.com/Gladiator_(Imperial_Guard)

That pic is badass but the site isn't like 100 percent relyable.

Roldz
Here's 1 of Glads pre-crisis Superman level feat..
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1114/gladspunchjv8.th.jpg
His punch carries enough power to born star a new..
Redicolous but so some PC Supes feat.. Id consider him very lite PC...

batdude123
Here's 1 of Glads pre-crisis Superman level feat..
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1114/gladspunchjv8.th.jpg
His punch carries enough power to born star a new..
Redicolous but so some PC Supes feat.. Id consider him very lite PC...

Post Crisis Superman has stalemated Pre-Crisis Superman.

Roldz
Post Crisis Superman has stalemated Pre-Crisis Superman.
How in the world did that happen? A lot of jobbing in that i think...

carver9
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jona...ThorGlad1-2.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jona...r/ThorGlad3.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jona...r/ThorGlad4.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jona...r/ThorGlad5.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jona...r/ThorGlad6.jpg

Roldz
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jona...ThorGlad1-2.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jona...r/ThorGlad3.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jona...r/ThorGlad4.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jona...r/ThorGlad5.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jona...r/ThorGlad6.jpg
Scans not workin..

batdude123
How in the world did that happen? A lot of jobbing in that i think...

If you look hard enough... Post-Crisis Superman has just as wacky feats as Pre-Crisis Superman.

Soljer
I prefer going by overall consistency, which tells me neither Thor's durability nor his reflexes can stand up to a speedblitz from Superman.

Despite what you may prefer, the forum goes by highest showings....

Thor is far Superior to WW? since when? For every power Thor has, She has a counter. Thanks very much. And other forums on the net actually believe Diana beats thor 7/10. Try looking it up or would you like me to provice links?

http://dcboards.warnerbros.com/web/index.jspa ??? confused

Flying from the earth to the sun in seconds.

Flying so fast that he created a boom tube in the time/space dimension which enabled him to instantly travel to his location.

Yeah, he's nowhere near as fast...

So, what was the earth to sun feat rated at? Something like eight times lightspeed? erm.

Flash has feats that absolutely bones 100x the speed of light.

Pray tell.

Not to mention, what exactly did you think was going to happen in that fight? She was told that she was the ONLY person on Earth that could stop Superman. Do you honestly believe that crap? Kyle, Flash, and J'onn immediately come to mind. I'd much rather pick them than WW.

Fact of the matter was that they wanted to have DC's #1 woman against DC's #1 man. The entire story arc was building to that moment, and it was only to make Wonder Woman look good. In that kind of situation, do you really think that WW would get dropped easily? No. It had to be a climactic battle for the ages. In other stories, Superman has beaten WW w/o too much trouble.

Cosigned

carver9
See if this show up

http://z9.************.com/TheAvengersMansion/index.php?showtopic=231&st=0&#last

batdude123
So, what was the earth to sun feat rated at? Something like eight times lightspeed? erm

I'm not talking about the Superman/WW fight....

carver9
http://z9.************.com/TheAvengersMansion/index.php?showtopic

carver9
get rid of the spaces and dashes

carver9
http://29.************.com/theavengersmansion/index.php?showtopic=231&st=o&#laste

carver9
I cant put the page on here but just know that gladiator have accomplished things that superman can never dream of just like that dude just put up, creating another star. Superman could never do that.

Roldz
If you look hard enough... Post-Crisis Superman has just as wacky feats as Pre-Crisis Superman.
Not to PC extreme.. Anyhow me thinks It depends how confident Glads is against Supes.. It could go both ways..

Soljer
I'm not talking about the Superman/WW fight....

Why do you keep ignoring damn near the entirety of my posts?

Priest
Not to PC extreme.. Anyhow me thinks It depends how confident Glads is against Supes.. It could go both ways..
i think a confident glads can take a majority over superman anyday. Te problem is we never see glads at a good confident state of mind.

carver9

Can superman punch a planet to dust. Nope. Superman is nowhere near a full confident gladiator. Gladiator is like superman is to superboy. Gladiator can move planets. Gladiator can survive planet destroying blast without any damage. Gladiator can fly waaaaaaaaaaaaaay faster than the speed of light. Gladiator speed is incaculable. Gladiator has been claimed many of times (by reed and nova, who have faced heralds) to be one of the most powerful beings in the universe. Gladiator has broken a superman rippoff neck, hyperion. Gladiator have picked up a ship that was classified as being the size of texas and threw it. Gladiator is by far superior to superman but a none confident gladiator would get owned by superman.

Roldz
Originally posted by Priest
i think a confident glads can take a majority over superman anyday. Te problem is we never see glads at a good confident state of mind.
See thats the problem, in a fight it is quite impossible to retain full confident no matter how very sure you are, your always questioning specially if someone match your speed or strength.. If somehow Glad retains full confident without leveling off then yes he can take this..

Soljer
Can superman punch a planet to dust. Nope. Superman is nowhere near a full confident gladiator. Gladiator is like superman is to superboy. Gladiator can move planets. Gladiator can survive planet destroying blast without any damage. Gladiator can fly waaaaaaaaaaaaaay faster than the speed of light. Gladiator speed is incaculable. Gladiator has been claimed many of times (by reed and nova, who have faced heralds) to be one of the most powerful beings in the universe. Gladiator has broken a superman rippoff neck, hyperion. Gladiator have picked up a ship that was classified as being the size of texas and threw it. Gladiator is by far superior to superman but a none confident gladiator would get owned by superman.

Superman's never tried to 'punch a planet to dust,' though he has planet moving strength, and has survived similar blasts with little to no damage.

Also, as far as the 'ship the size of Texas,' Superman's thrown a ship that was the size of a small moon with ridiculous ease. He's also survived a double black hole, and has held a mini-black hole in his hand.

A fully confident Gladiator is Superman's equal, not his superior.

Roldz
If the guy can move somethin the size/heavy as a solar system then sure yeah he can obliterate planet if he wants too.. See thats the problem confidense against Superman who probably would match him in the first few min. of the fight, confident he wouldnt be..

carver9
You should be able to pull this up. More feats that prove that he is above superman

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/GladStar.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/GladPlanet1.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/Gladplanet2.jpg

xmarksthespot
Just in case nobody's mentioned it. Cassandra Nova made Gladiator piss himself. Literally. MM is at least as powerful a telepath as Nova.

carver9
Here go him fighting a superman like being; breaking his neck. He seems like he didnt lose any confident.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/HypeGlad1.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/HypeGlad2.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/HypeGlad3.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/HypeGlad4.jpg

Soljer
Superman swims in stars WITHOUT pain. The first scan shows that Gladiator felt INTENSE pain at being in the Star.

The latter two? Meh.

And the Hyperion fight? Well....Hyperion is no Superman.

Priest
thats wt happens when u mess with gladiator mohalk

carver9
and here goes the nova fight and we all can see that nova was about to lose also read in there where nova says that gladiator is one of the most powerful beings in the universe.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/Nova01.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/Nova02.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/Nova03.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/Nova04.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/Nova05.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/Nova06.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/Nova07.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/Nova08.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/Nova09.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/nova10.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/nova11.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/nova12.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/nova13.jpg

Soljer
Dude, either stop, or you're gonna get Superman fanboys scan-whoring.

And trust me, Superman's feats trump Gladiator's.

carver9
gladiator picking up the baxter building with ease, proves more on his strength.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/FF05.jpg

carver9
Dude, either stop, or you're gonna get Superman fanboys scan-whoring.

And trust me, Superman's feats trump Gladiator's.

When superman powers can create a star like gladiator can then I would believe that superman powers is beyond gladiators. The things that I have shown you is things that only precrisis could do. I read superman book and I dont see things that impress me like the things that i have witnessed from gladiator.

carver9
here goes some more feats of gladiator.

Read what thor says about gladiator strength and speed
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/WPitGlad.jpg

This meteor was large enough to block earths sun.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/GladHearing.jpg

read on how fast he was going
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/Hyperspeed1.jpg

Read on the amount of force that was used while he was trying to hit reed, said that it was enough to level a city and i also want you to see his super speed and how hot his eye beams are.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/GladPower2.jpg

This is another demistration of his speed. It is stated that he kept up with a star ship going at warp speed.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/hyperspeed.jpg

Another demistration of his speed.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/EricGlad5.jpg

Fight against silver surfer
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/surfer1.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/Surfer2.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/Surfer3.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/Surfer4.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/Surfer5.jpg

carver9
Superman swims in stars WITHOUT pain. The first scan shows that Gladiator felt INTENSE pain at being in the Star.

The latter two? Meh.

And the Hyperion fight? Well....Hyperion is no Superman.

This was stupid thing to say since hyperion was based off of superman. Hyperion is more than equal to superman and both of them are better fighters than superman. Superman has no training under his belt but hyperion has been trained since birth. Hyperion might be more powerful since he is considered and eternal. Like i said superman will face the same thing that hyperion faced, a broke neck.

nvrbeenwthagirl
This was stupid thing to say since hyperion was based off of superman. Hyperion is more than equal to superman and both of them are better fighters than superman. Superman has no training under his belt but hyperion has been trained since birth. Hyperion might be more powerful since he is considered and eternal. Like i said superman will face the same thing that hyperion faced, a broke neck.

Superman has no training under his belt? WHAT!!!!????? He has training and THOUSANDS of years of battle field experience with Diana, one of the best warriors in comics, and the God THOR.

Badabing
Superman has training.

carver9
when i say training i mean by the training that hyperion and gladiator have received. Gladiator was trained from the day that he was born, the same rule apply for hyperion. If superman had any training under his belt when he lost his powers (during the time that gl let him get a green lantern ring to get him back in the game, why did he get beat up by lex luthor hand to hand. Do lex know karate now. I dont think so. Superman has trained but hes not good. If lex luthor can slap him around then he's not on glads or hypes level of fighting.

nvrbeenwthagirl
when i say training i mean by the training that hyperion and gladiator have received. Gladiator was trained from the day that he was born, the same rule apply for hyperion. If superman had any training under his belt when he lost his powers (during the time that gl let him get a green lantern ring to get him back in the game, why did he get beat up by lex luthor hand to hand. Do lex know karate now. I dont think so. Superman has trained but hes not good. If lex luthor can slap him around then he's not on glads or hypes level of fighting.

Funny thing about confidence. It never stays the same unless your constantly winning. Glads would be very confident he could beat superman never having faced him or knowing what he can do. And as he thinks he is going to punch supers into the sun and finds out that he misses, supes resist his punch like supers did to doomsday's punch, or stops it like supers did Thor's hammer ( since the fight is cannon for dc) then what is going to happen to glads confidence as he fights him. Doubt will creep in. Even if they are evenly match at one point, one has to doubt if they can pull off a victory against an evenly matched opponent. Thus leaving room for superman to pull off victory almost every time. Superman has no doubt about his abilities and is used to fighting against and around people who are Superior to himself.

Soljer
I'm actually pseudo-agreeing with nvrhadaclue for once. eek!.

Fact is, Superman and Gladiator are approximately equal, so long as Gladiator is confident.

Confidence wanes, erm.

Especially against an opponent as powerful as Superman - eventually Superman will win in the long run.

xmarksthespot
and here goes the nova fight and we all can see that nova was about to lose also read in there where nova says that gladiator is one of the most powerful beings in the universe. Here's a different type of Nova:
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/5679/22my7.th.jpghttp://img207.imageshack.us/img207/8185/05pr7.th.jpg
shifty

carver9
Funny thing about confidence. It never stays the same unless your constantly winning. Glads would be very confident he could beat superman never having faced him or knowing what he can do. And as he thinks he is going to punch supers into the sun and finds out that he misses, supes resist his punch like supers did to doomsday's punch, or stops it like supers did Thor's hammer ( since the fight is cannon for dc) then what is going to happen to glads confidence as he fights him. Doubt will creep in. Even if they are evenly match at one point, one has to doubt if they can pull off a victory against an evenly matched opponent. Thus leaving room for superman to pull off victory almost every time. Superman has no doubt about his abilities and is used to fighting against and around people who are Superior to himself.

You just dont get it. Gladiator isnt going to lose confidence against someone that he is stronger and a million times faster than. Superman isnt going to stand there and take gladiator punches when he cant stand there and take wonderwoman punches. I have seen solom grundy make superman staggar. If superman stands there and take a punch from a guy that can move planets and punch planets to dust than he going to get his head knocked off just like captain marvel almost did. Happy Dance

Gladiator is a better fighter
Gladiator is a loooooooooot faster
Gladiator is stronger
Gladiator might be more durable than superman since he did take a blast that could destroy a solar system.
http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/7044/ig2228jp.jpg

Now if you put gladiator against precrisis superman at full confidence than that would be more impressive but the recent superman, this is how it is going to end.
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/7875/gvictoriousfinal1br.jpg laughing

carver9
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Here's a different type of Nova:
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/5679/22my7.th.jpghttp://img207.imageshack.us/img207/8185/05pr7.th.jpg
shifty

This nova can take on the entire jla and might win.
Bad example; again, bad example.

xmarksthespot
This nova can take on the entire jla and might win.
Bad example; again, bad example. Cassandra Nova, while an great villain and indeed powerful, does not solo the JLA. ermm

carver9
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Cassandra Nova, while an great villain and indeed powerful, does not solo the JLA. ermm

I know for a fact that 2 people on the jla cant fight him it would take majority of the team to beat him.

xmarksthespot
Fight her. And missing the point about telepathy against Gladiator's confidence.

carver9
what does telepathy have to do with anything. Im not fussing about that, I know that anybody is weak to that. Im fussing over his raw power, his strength and his speed. Juggernaut is weak to telepathy but he is still extremely powerful.

Soljer
what does telepathy have to do with anything. Im not fussing about that, I know that anybody is weak to that. Im fussing over his raw power, his strength and his speed. Juggernaut is weak to telepathy but he is still extremely powerful.

The manhunter is a telepath.

xmarksthespot
what does telepathy have to do with anything. no expression Who is on the other team?

carver9
your right; now i do think that mm can take gladiator but not physically but that mind of his is just to power. yeah that would be the person to bring him down.

UniOmni
I consider MM to be equal to Xavier, and Nova trumps Chuck by a fair bit.

Ie, i don't see MM as equal to Nova.

Soljer
Originally posted by UniOmni

Ie, i don't see MM as equal to Nova.

Manhunter is Xavier's superior.

UniOmni
Why?

charlemagne9746
Supes can solo that team

Roldz
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
Supes can solo that team
Keep dreaming pal..lol

charlemagne9746
Well, Darkseid..written as he should be would slap that Marvel team aside...and Supes competes with Darksied..albeit he loses physically to Darkseid...he competes nonetheless. Supes might not win on his own..but I think that Marvel team would know they had been in a fight if Supes' decided to go it alone...especially a freshly sundipped Superman.
Hell, I know I'm a Superman fanboy...lol..he's the only character that I can't stand to admit would lose a fight.

Soljer
Well, Darkseid..written as he should be would slap that Marvel team aside...and Supes competes with Darksied..albeit he loses physically to Darkseid...he competes nonetheless. Supes might not win on his own..but I think that Marvel team would know they had been in a fight if Supes' decided to go it alone...especially a freshly sundipped Superman.
Hell, I know I'm a Superman fanboy...lol..he's the only character that I can't stand to admit would lose a fight.

laughing

Superman would get CURBSTOMPED by a properly written Darkseid.

Darkseid bitchslapped a user of the Godwave, for christ's sake.

Besides that, Gladiator could stalemate Superman for a little while, Beta could likely take Superman for a majority, and the Surfer SURE AS **** could take Superman for at least 9/10.

nvrbeenwthagirl

Those three would beat the crap out of Superman. He would be so owned so bad. Alone against those three? No one uder sky father is standing up against the three of them alone.

charlemagne9746
I don't know about anyone under skyfather level not being able to solo that team. If Black Bolt jumped into the fight suddenly with a full scream...would it knock all three of that Marvel team out? BB isn't skyfather level.

Well, Thanos could solo that team..and he is slightly beneath Odin...a skyfather.

bigbran
I don't know about anyone under skyfather level not being able to solo that team. If Black Bolt jumped into the fight suddenly with a full scream...would it knock all three of that Marvel team out? BB isn't skyfather level.

Well, Thanos could solo that team..and he is slightly beneath Odin...a skyfather. SS has already took Blackbolt's attack.

Thanos is under Odin... the highest skyfather!

nvrbeenwthagirl

Well, Thanos could solo that team..and he is slightly beneath Odin...a skyfather.

I dont think Thanos can solo all three of them. When thanos fought all those heroes that everyone likes to post, he still had the guantlet. And he didn't revert to his normal power lvls, he just depowered himself low enough to give the heroes a good fight. No way Thanos Can Solo the three of them. He ain't that good. He might be able to escape with his life. But win? never.

bigbran
I dont think Thanos can solo all three of them. When thanos fought all those heroes that everyone likes to post, he still had the guantlet. And he didn't revert to his normal power lvls, he just depowered himself low enough to give the heroes a good fight. No way Thanos Can Solo the three of them. He ain't that good. He might be able to escape with his life. But win? never. Hmm... ya he probably could. Surfer has proven not being able to hurt him, in fact, Thanos seemed to be way over Surfer in one of there fights... What the hell is Glads going to do? One of Thor's greatest attacks had no effect on him.

If you also read IG, Thanos only used the Power Gem.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by bigbran
Hmm... ya he probably could. Surfer has proven not being able to hurt him, in fact, Thanos seemed to be way over Surfer in one of there fights... What the hell is Glads going to do? One of Thor's greatest attacks had no effect on him.

If you also read IG, Thanos only used the Power Gem.

THe power Gem plus Thanos' power is really all he'd need. He's got a billion powers and he's brilliant. Give the power gem to Dr. Doom and he would own. Now imagine Thanos with it.

bigbran
THe power Gem plus Thanos' power is really all he'd need. He's got a billion powers and he's brilliant. Give the power gem to Dr. Doom and he would own. Now imagine Thanos with it. Wait, what are you talking about? The IG saga?

Thor had the Power Gem, and look at how he did against Thanos...

nvrbeenwthagirl
Wait, what are you talking about? The IG saga?

Thor had the Power Gem, and look at how he did against Thanos...

Thor is no Thanos. And he certainly isn't brilliant.

bigbran
Thor is no Thanos. And he certainly isn't brilliant. And...

nvrbeenwthagirl
And...

Thanos knows how to use the gems. Better than anyone else except prolly adam worlock. Thor wouldnt' know how to tap the gem like Thanos or Dr. Doom. Thanos is already more advanced than Thor so I think with the PG, Thanos could beat a good many heroes where Thor could still be put down.

bigbran
Thanos knows how to use the gems. Better than anyone else except prolly adam worlock. Thor wouldnt' know how to tap the gem like Thanos or Dr. Doom. Thanos is already more advanced than Thor so I think with the PG, Thanos could beat a good many heroes where Thor could still be put down. Wait, how would Doom know how to function it as well?
Also, doesn't take away from the fact, that Thor was able to use it.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Wait, how would Doom know how to function it as well?
Also, doesn't take away from the fact, that Thor was able to use it.

Doom is so smart. he knew how to use Galactus power. Hell he knew how to steal it. I'm sure he knows about the gem and how it works and what it does. Any way, I'm not saying thor can't use the gem, he just can't use it as good as Thanos. Even drax was able to use the gem. And he was dumb as two bricks. But no one can use the Gem like Thanos could.

bigbran
Doom is so smart. he knew how to use Galactus power. Hell he knew how to steal it. I'm sure he knows about the gem and how it works and what it does. Any way, I'm not saying thor can't use the gem, he just can't use it as good as Thanos. Even drax was able to use the gem. And he was dumb as two bricks. But no one can use the Gem like Thanos could. Umm, That was a future Doom, and he was told how to steal Galactus's power from someone else.
Still doesn't equate him into using the gem like Warlock.

Also, no one has tapped into the full energy of the gems either.

Accel
Despite what you may prefer, the forum goes by highest showings....
Contrary to popular belief, the forum rules state nothing about highest showings. The majority of the forum only goes by those because it prefers to do so. If we took absolute highest showings, Spider-Man would be around Class 70 and several top-tiers would be skyfather-esque in terms of power.

And let's face it, comparing Thor's highest showings to Superman's just ends with the same result, except this time Superman would be moving at speeds just below creating a boom-tube with solar system-moving strength to knock Thor's ass out.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Umm, That was a furture Doom, and he was told how to steal Galactus's power from someone else.
Still doesn't equate him into using the gem like Warlock.

Also, no one has tapped into the full energy of the gems either.

I thought it was impossible to tap them fully unless they are being used in unison. Like you have to have control over all the aspects in order to not mess up anyone aspect of the universe right?

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by UniOmni

Ie, i don't see MM as equal to Nova. Nova was Xavier's equal. Nova however had access to all of Xavier's latent psionic abilities, and had no regard for restraint in using her telepathy.

Bentley
Ok, first of all, Marvel wins.
Second of all, Thanos can solo both teams, he curbstomps SS who can bean each one of the characters in the thread, and doesnt even have trouble with him.
Third of all, I dont have any idea of who is stronger between Supes and Gladiator, I dont think its very important here since SS will take whoever he fights really fast and defeat Supes before he can finish Gladiator off (in case he wins); SS beats the others easier than Superman beating Gladiator.

Tha C-Master
Contrary to popular belief, the forum rules state nothing about highest showings. The majority of the forum only goes by those because it prefers to do so. If we took absolute highest showings, Spider-Man would be around Class 70 and several top-tiers would be skyfather-esque in terms of power.

And let's face it, comparing Thor's highest showings to Superman's just ends with the same result, except this time Superman would be moving at speeds just below creating a boom-tube with solar system-moving strength to knock Thor's ass out. I don't know where people are getting that, it makes characters fanboyish. You take a good consistent average.

carver9
Originally posted by Bentley
Ok, first of all, Marvel wins.
Second of all, Thanos can solo both teams, he curbstomps SS who can bean each one of the characters in the thread, and doesnt even have trouble with him.
Third of all, I dont have any idea of who is stronger between Supes and Gladiator, I dont think its very important here since SS will take whoever he fights really fast and defeat Supes before he can finish Gladiator off (in case he wins); SS beats the others easier than Superman beating Gladiator.

gladiator is superior to superman in all aspects. Gladiator would mud stomp superman.

charlemagne9746
Nah...Supes' goin' all out would murder Gladiator..heck if Cannonball or Hulk could beat Gladiator...then Supes' would have no trouble. I just don't think Gladiator is quite on Superman's level.

carver9
Well since spiderman,venom, and batman owned superman that means that carnage could also own him. Do you not understand that gladiator is a villian and he is made to lose. Darkseid just had a struggle with batman and we all know that that cant happen. Gladiator stalemated silver surfer someone who is 3 times as powerful as superman. Also with the cannonball thing. Cannonball absorbed the entire attack that gladiator punched him with (which was stated that it would knock cannonball from earth to the sun.) and he hit gladiator back with that same force BUT gladiator got back up. He was shocked and cannonball gained new power. If superman punched cannonball during that time, cannonball would have done the same thing and hit superman back with the same punch. If you look at that entire book you will know that cannonball didnt stand a chance and if you look at the hulk and gladiator fight you would know that hulk got owned that entire book until he thunder clapped gladiator ears and then he was on the edge of winning. Hulk and cannonball wasnt a threat to gladiator by a experience of luck and gladiator stupidity (trying to fly hulk outer space) did he lose the fight but anything else, that power that cannonball use would work on anybody, right now he do have the power to absorb kinetic energy, thats why he was giving fury ( a being that kills superhumans on a regular basis) a good fight. If written well cannonball could be unstoppable.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>