How to Use the New Search Function!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DigiMark007
K kids, it's come to my attention that everyone hates the search. But it can still be as powerful as the old system.

Here's what you do:

From the search tab, click on "Advanced Search". It will then take you to a new screen. Click on "Advanced Option" and a few new options pop up. Click the box that says "Search Titles Only" and also the one that says "Show Results As Threads" then run your search.

Works wonders.

Thanks, and spread the word.

Dreampanther
Cool - thanks Digi! reading stick out tongue

LethalFemme
Originally posted by DigiMark007
K kids, it's come to my attention that everyone hates the search. But it can still be as powerful as the old system.

Here's what you do:

From the search tab, click on "Advanced Search". It will then take you to a new screen. Click on "Advanced Option" and a few new options pop up. Click the box that says "Thread Titles Only" then run your search.

Works wonders.

*raises hand*

Mr. Digi sir, what about the retarded members?ermmstick out tongue

DigiMark007
Originally posted by LethalFemme
*raises hand*

Mr. Digi sir, what about the retarded members?ermmstick out tongue

We flog them like usual.

no expression

LethalFemme
We f**k them like usual.

no expression

ermm

Baldey
I tried it still fails.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Baldey
I tried it still fails.

This doesn't ensure results...it just makes it easier to find stuff. Sometimes things still don't show up (or mayb there isn't a thread by the name you're searching for) but this is the most efficient way to find stuff.

ThePittman

Stupid Rookie
I have tried to use the new search so many times and failed. I just tried searching for Surfer, and the Morg and didn't get any results. It is really making things more difficult.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Stupid Rookie
I have tried to use the new search so many times and failed. I just tried searching for Surfer, and the Morg and didn't get any results. It is really making things more difficult.

Did you read my first post? Because using that format I just did a search for "Surfer" and got 8 pages of results.

I also just did a "Surfer vs. Morg" search and got 16 results.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

manjaro
you probably neeed to pin this digi so it doesnt end up in page 2 oblivion

DigiMark007
I will eventually. Thanks though.

Mrrungo Mu
Sweet

H. S. 6
Can't you type in title:blahblah into the regular Search box down the bottom? ermm

DigiMark007
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Can't you type in title:blahblah into the regular Search box down the bottom? ermm

Meh. Maybe

H. S. 6
Meh. Maybe

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f13/t431175.html

Read it. stick out tongue

DigiMark007
pinned.

Scoobless
There's a search function?

confused

stick out tongue

batdude123

Here's what you do:

From the search tab, click on "Advanced Search". It will then take you to a new screen. Click on "Advanced Option" and a few new options pop up. Click the box that says "Thread Titles Only" then run your search.

Works wonders.

Yeah, I've known that for awhile, and it doesn't always work.

The new search function is still ass...

Stupid Rookie
Did you read my first post? Because using that format I just did a search for "Surfer" and got 8 pages of results.

I also just did a "Surfer vs. Morg" search and got 16 results.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yeah i tired it several times, It just didn't like me.

It is working now though.

Got da virus
Hi !

charlemagne9746
I have an alternate method. Go to the yahoo search engine and type in the name of the battle that you want. If the results show that KMC has done this fight already..then you'll see it....if not...then it is safe to post your battle. I use yahoo search all the time in figuring out fights to post...and it seems full proof so far.

Evangel94
Sometimes a previous battle thread can be really old and the match could use a new thread with more newer current versions of the characters.

This is of course dependent on how old the previous threads are.

Badabing
The easiest ways I've used to find threads is either from a web page using this format: KMC: Spider-Man vs Wolverine or left clicking the word "Replies at the top of the versus forum page. The most popular threads have at least a few hundred posts and are usually found within the first two pages.

UncleJudge

UncleJudge

UncleJudge

UncleJudge

UncleJudge

Badabing
Guys, just put him on your ignore list. This is all his posts will contain.

This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click

Judge4Ever
Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!Judge Wars!!!!vvvvv

Judge 64
Thanos_THOTU, why are you always so rude to guy222?

King Kandy
I can't find any results for Ext@nt. Which is preposterous. He's referred to all over the place.

DigiMark007
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/search.php?action=showresults&q=title%3A%28Extant%29&showposts=0

That's what I got for the character Extant. 15 results (I used the "search in thread titles" advanced option that I suggest on page 1).

Did you mean the KMC user Ext@nt?? If so, the @ is not computing with the search, so you may have found a glitch there. But you can just use the member search (under the "Members List" function at the top) to find him....then from every KMC member's profile you can search for their past threads and posts.

smile

King Kandy
I meant the user... Maybe the @ is screwing it up. You may be right there.

Mr Tom Cat
Originally posted by King Kandy
I meant the user... Maybe the @ is screwing it up. You may be right there.

Are you Extants stalker?

Kandy arse?

King Kandy
Digi, silence this fool.

Flame On!!
Originally posted by King Kandy
Digi, silence this fool.

He had a point though.

smile

-FO!!

Dangerous
Why was this Flame On!!-guy banned?

boriquaking55
Dang, and I was just gonna post a Superman vs. SS thread

Emperor Ashtar
What's wrong with the forum because I cannot access some threads I made.

DigiMark007
Everyone's having the problem. I'll update you guys as I can.

Evil_Ash
Well, the search function doesn't seem to be working for me.

I did search, Digi, before I posted the "Mogo vs. Ego" thread, and nothing came up.... except these results...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/search.php?action=showresults&q=Mogo+vs+Ego

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Evil_Ash

I did search, Digi, before I posted the "Mogo vs. Ego" thread... and nothing came up.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/455457_1-Mogo-vs-Ego

Fair enough. Some have more problems than others. Did you do all the Advanced stuff and search for thread titles rather than just the general search?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Evil_Ash

I did search, Digi, before I posted the "Mogo vs. Ego" thread, and nothing came up.... except these results...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/search.php?action=showresults&q=Mogo+vs+Ego

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/search.php?action=showresults&q=title%3A%28mogo+vs+ego%29&showposts=0

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/search.php?action=showresults&q=title%3A%28mogo+vs+ego%29&showposts=0

none180

endrict
Originally posted by batdude123
Yeah, I've known that for awhile, and it doesn't always work.

The new search function is still ass...

A smelly one at best.

DigiMark007
Everyone loves insulting the search, then shuts up when I takes 2 seconds to use it right and find tons of duplicate threads and other stuff that I'm looking for.

Hell, I should just lock this so that it's view-only.

Newjak
Everyone loves insulting the search, then shuts up when I takes 2 seconds to use it right and find tons of duplicate threads and other stuff that I'm looking for.

Hell, I should just lock this so that it's view-only. I agree with Digi. You understand how to use it and it works wonders. Better than the old one. I can find almost any thread I want

SpunkySmurph
My only issue is that any thread that's a bit more then a year or more old is significantly harder to find.

But, it's a lot better.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
My only issue is that any thread that's a bit more then a year or more old is significantly harder to find.

But, it's a lot better.

Then tell the forum to stop making 90 threads a day.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

No, you're right in a sense. But people expect to be able to find any thread instantly on a forum that makes literally hundreds of threads a day. The over-a-year thing can make it tough to find old threads, but the numerous bumps of old chesnuts we see tells me that it's not impossible....and 98% of search problems aren't from that, it's just people who don't read this thread and try it the normal way.

spiderboy5
OK I tried everything u said Digi but the search func still doesn't work.
I still can't find the original thread of " Wolverine vs Batman". If anyone has the link to that thread plz post it on here thx lots!

Badabing
Originally posted by spiderboy5
OK I tried everything u said Digi but the search func still doesn't work.
I still can't find the original thread of " Wolverine vs Batman". If anyone has the link to that thread plz post it on here thx lots! It worked for me.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=21541&pagenumber=1

BentonGrey
Alright, I'm a little confused. I've searched for the threads about Namor Vs. Aquaman, but I can't find them through any combination of those words. Now, I have read in various current threads that there are supposedly plenty of previous posts about this fight....but I can't find them. I've followed your advice about title and thread, even made sure the forum is displaying all posts. Can anyone help me figure this out?

pr1983
did you try variations on their names etc?

by typing 'mariner aquaman'

i got these results...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/search.php?action=showresults&q=title%3A%28mariner+aquaman%29+forumid%3A77&showposts=0

might be another one though, ill keep checking...

BentonGrey
Thanks man, no I didn't think about that. I think those are what I was looking for. Thanks again!

xmarksthespot
Okay... is something funked up with the search or is it just me?

I did a test with "spiderman," the advanced options are set as recommended (I set them that way whenever I did a search before this thread existed...), and I tried both searching only the vs subforum as well as all forums. I come up with 17 results. erm

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/search.php?action=showresults&q=title%3A%28spiderman%29&showposts=0

I ordered the forum by thread title and had a browse through and there's hundreds of threads with the "spiderman" in the thread title...

SaintSmurph
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Okay... is something funked up with the search or is it just me?

I did a test with "spiderman," the advanced options are set as recommended (I set them that way whenever I did a search before this thread existed...), and I tried both searching only the vs subforum as well as all forums. I come up with 17 results. erm

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/search.php?action=showresults&q=title%3A%28spiderman%29&showposts=0

I ordered the forum by thread title and had a browse through and there's hundreds of threads with the "spiderman" in the thread title... Nah, that's just the new search... it gets a variety of results, but seemingly random, and most not very old.

xmarksthespot
That's kinda annoying considering a lot of the newer threads are either repeats or crap... finding one of the older longer originals has become pretty arduous...

Peek
should this still be pinned cause it seems to work fine, and no one seems to have troubles no more

spidey-dude
SPITE THREAD

SmurphSmash!
Originally posted by spidey-dude
SPITE THREAD LOL! eek!

Ur reelie funny. how do u com up with ur jokess?

spidey-dude
Originally posted by SmurphSmash!
LOL! eek!

Ur reelie funny. how do u com up with ur jokess? comedy central big grin

TheHulk
Didn't work for me.....

KuRuPT Thanosi
Didn't read the opening post Digi.. can you please repeat how to use the search function for me?

Digi
Originally posted by TheHulk
Didn't work for me.....

What didn't, specifically? "Didn't work" can mean too many things.

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Didn't read the opening post Digi.. can you please repeat how to use the search function for me?

1. take a gun
2. point it at your head
3. ...
4. profit

Lord_Talron
I SURCH FOR JUGGERNAT VS HUK NUTING SHOW UP. GONNA MAKE THRED NOW

StiltmanFTW
Bumping for the likes of carver9...

carver9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Bumping for the likes of carver9...

laughing out loud ... what's up Stilt? How's your weekend so far?

Adam Grimes
It's going nice albeit I have to study. Thanks for asking.

StiltmanFTW
God, everyone wants to be me these days... you, DarkSaint...

Originally posted by carver9
laughing out loud ... what's up Stilt? How's your weekend so far?

Good, thank you for asking.

Quick Freeze

carver9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
God, everyone wants to be me these days... you, DarkSaint...

Good, thank you for asking.

Are we still meeting up tonight at 8?

StiltmanFTW
Of course, honey. Wouldn't miss it.

Stoic
I just Google it first.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Stoic
I just Google it first.

Google is damn fine, yeah.

Collects your data, rapes your privacy, but we all use it.

And duckduckgo had a scandal recently, anyway.

Stoic
Just think. One day the Government's around the world may engineer house fly's with videocam tech to watch us. They could fuel up in the bathrooms, and report back to HQ.

Stoic
Originally posted by carver9
Are we still meeting up tonight at 8?

What's going on at 8 yo? Don't make me turn in Krona.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.