EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN Tournament: Herald Level Draft

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evangel94
Alright everyone, it's time to make your Herald level choice. This is first come, first serve.

Link to rules:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t431566.html

EDIT: I realize some people can't post links. For those who can't just post your character choice. Send me a private message with your links included.

StarsNeverFall7
#1 Thor http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor_%28Marvel_Comics%29

Loot
Silver Surfer - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_surfer

Typhus
Morg (Power Cosmic and Axe - w/o waters of life)

DigiMark007
Pinned. I'll allow 2 threads per tourney to be pinned simultaneously, so as new drafts/battles get made I'll be rotating the new threads in.

Typhus
hm, I keep getting a message that says i can't post links til I'm more well-known, so: wikipedia.org/wiki/morg

let's see if that works.

hulk10
Black Bolt.

Laminator_X
I'm drafting Protege, the mesiah from the Guardians of the Galaxy-era Universal church of truth.

Links are scarce, so I realize I'll have to rely heavily on scans.

I did however find a thread on the Image Comics boards where writer Jim Valentino himself posts a synopsis and pictures of the relevant issues.

Protege may have the potential to power-up beyond herald level, but I'm assuming he'd start each fight at base level, and with no characters present above herald, he's effectively capped in this weight-class, and will start each bout below it.

Roldz
Choice #1 Blue Superman http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_Blue
Originally posted by Loot
Silver Surfer - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_surfer
Damn you Loot..JK

Scoobless
Originally posted by Evangel94
Alright everyone, it's time to make your Herald level choice. This is first come, first serve.

Link to rules:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t431566.html

EDIT: I realize some people can't post links. For those who can't just post your character choice. Send me a private message with your links included.

I thought you said 3:30 pacific time? .. isn't that an hour from now?

Evangel94
Originally posted by Scoobless

I said 4:30 US Central Time. I never changed the time.

Laminator_X

Pacific is two hours behind Central. There's Mountain Time in-between.

Tony Stark
The Fallen One

Scoobless
I said 4:30 US Central Time. I never changed the time.

Originally posted by King Kandy
no fair!

I can't do drafting at 3:30 pacific time... I'm in school then.

Friggin' Kandy posted the wrong time in the thread DAMMIT!

mad

DigiMark007

mad

Just not a good day for us and tournies I guess.

erm

Loot
there are still alot of good character in herald level remaining

Scoobless
Yeah ... but a few of my choices went before I realised the draft had started.

sad

Scoobless
Dammit .... miffed

Quasar I guess ....... mad

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Quasar_%28Wendell_Vaughn%29

Loot
Originally posted by Roldz
Choice #1 Blue Superman http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_Blue

Damn you Loot..JK

cool

Evangel94
For links, you have to use something besides wikipedia in this tournament. Wikipedia can be edited and altered by users.

EDIT: wikipedia is acceptable as a supplementary reference, but NOT as your main one.

King Kandy

mad
... Yeah. That's when I thought it was...

Genis-Vell

http://www.marveldatabase.com/Genis-Vell

Scoobless

Genis-Vell

I hope you're not suggesting full powered, King THor beating Genis Vell .... no expression

StarsNeverFall7
Alternate Link for Thor (other than Wikipedia)
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Thor_(Thor_Odinson)

Evangel94
Remember, anyone that still wishes to join may do so by drafting in this thread. This is your last chance to join. After this draft thread, sign-ups are closed.

bigbran
I hope you're not suggesting full powered, King THor beating Genis Vell .... no expression I hope your not suggesting that the fight lasted longer than a shot...

King Kandy
I hope you're not suggesting full powered, King THor beating Genis Vell .... no expression

I don't want to be specific.

Scoobless

I don't want to be specific.

But you definitely have to be below anyone that could threaten King Thor.

King Thor >>>> Thanos >>>> Herald Level

King Kandy
Okay, then.

Not insane Genis.

Evangel94

Genis-Vell

Insane Genis-Vell is not allowed. So your taking regular version I'm assuming?

King Kandy
Yeah.

DigiMark007
Did he really beat King Thor? I saw a scan where he blasted him with energy, but it was hardly a win.

stormfront13
my choice is talisman. i can post the link probably tommorow, but until then you can look at her respect thread for info.

*also Ev, i just wanted to let you know that wikipedia always cross-references their comic character entries with the writers, editors, and creators of all companies, and that they are checked daily by these people, and any wrong information is deleted out. i have close friends who do work for wikipedia, it's an actual orginization. but yeah, all wrong information is always edited out by the actual representatives from marvel. they have some sort of computer which tells them everytime an entry is edited, so it's easier. i've actually seen them at work...it's pretty sweet

Laminator_X
For that matter, you can view the edit history and commentary if there's a questionable factoid.

Many other bio collections are also wikis or otherwise publicly editable as well. marveldatabase and comicsdb both have prominant "edit" links. If we nix them all we're not left with much.

Of course none of that keeps things like the low-ball 85 tonns for Sub-Mariner's strength from the OHATMUDE in the 80's being copied forward again and again in later references.

Scoobless
Originally posted by stormfront13
my choice is talisman. i can post the link probably tommorow, but until then you can look at her respect thread for info.

*also Ev, i just wanted to let you know that wikipedia always cross-references their comic character entries with the writers, editors, and creators of all companies, and that they are checked daily by these people, and any wrong information is deleted out. i have close friends who do work for wikipedia, it's an actual orginization. but yeah, all wrong information is always edited out by the actual representatives from marvel. they have some sort of computer which tells them everytime an entry is edited, so it's easier. i've actually seen them at work...it's pretty sweet

Actually, in the past, I've added BS to some wiki comic character bios and they stayed altered for weeks.

wink

King Kandy
Actually, in the past, I've added BS to some wiki comic character bios and they stayed altered for weeks.

wink
But EVENTUALY, the situation was recitified, was it not?

Scoobless
Probably

Evangel94
Originally posted by Laminator_X
For that matter, you can view the edit history and commentary if there's a questionable factoid.

Many other bio collections are also wikis or otherwise publicly editable as well. marveldatabase and comicsdb both have prominant "edit" links. If we nix them all we're not left with much.

Of course none of that keeps things like the low-ball 85 tonns for Sub-Mariner's strength from the OHATMUDE in the 80's being copied forward again and again in later references.

As I stated before, you can wiki's as a supplementary source of information. But find a website that cannot be altered by a simple website visitor. Either that or you better have a bunch of scans to show your character off.

hulk10
I have a lot of info on my character so if you need to know anything I can tell you.

P.S. My character is Black Bolt. Happy Dance

SpunkySmurph
Probably

I think an official KMC test should be conducted! evil face

Maestro
Hang on give me a day, I might join if there are any places still going.

jasofisc
Hal Jordan

TricksterPriest
Apocalypse, I'm pretty sure he's herald level currently, considering the celestials enhanced his powers. Failing that, Onslaught.

King Kandy
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
I think an official KMC test should be conducted! evil face
Maybe we should get a grant...

Scoobless
I think Onslaught is too much

King Kandy
Far too much. Far.

B dot Rob
Super Sonic (archie comics)

Evangel94
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Apocalypse, I'm pretty sure he's herald level currently, considering the celestials enhanced his powers. Failing that, Onslaught.

Apocalypse and Onslaught are not allowed. Please choose again.

Loot
My other link to Silver Surfer - http://www.marveldatabase.com/Silver_Surfer_%28Norrin_Radd%29

This is herald level, insane genis is so much more.

super sonic is sonic the Sonic the Hedgehog from sega? you want a fight between him and characters like superman?

TricksterPriest
****. it was worth a shot. Ok, Thanos.

Evangel94

Thanos is also above Herald level. Your herald level choice would have to be at max, silver surfer level.

Evangel94

Loot

...and the reason why everybody is choosing guys weaker then thanos is because he was allowed at herald level? yeah right

stormfront13
hey, how about marvel.com Bios

Blair Wind
Apocalypse and Onslaught are not allowed. Please choose again.

confused

Not to be a prick, but I was wondering why Apoc would not be allowed? He is most definitely not over herald level

Evangel94
Originally posted by stormfront13
hey, how about marvel.com Bios

That's fine. The bios are to help other people know more about your character. Remember some people don't know who some of your characters are and may be inclined to vote against you if you don't have enough information in your links.

Scoobless
The Enhanced Meta draft will be Wednesday Dec. 6 at 4:30 PM US CENTRAL Time.

And what is the power cap for that level?

B dot Rob
super sonic is sonic the Sonic the Hedgehog from sega? you want a fight between him and characters like superman?

Archie Comics Super Sonic is a ANIMAL

Flash speed power set
Superman brick power set
Invisible Woman Energy shield projection

and quite a few more tricks

and unlike Superman it's VERY in character for him to blitz you to hell and combine his brute strength with his light speed.

Roldz

Scoobless
Originally posted by B dot Rob

Archie Comics Super Sonic is a ANIMAL

Flash speed power set
Superman brick power set
Invisible Woman Energy shield projection

and quite a few more tricks

and unlike Superman it's VERY in character for him to blitz you to hell and combine his brute strength with his light speed.

I hope you've got a good link to a bio because you can't just expect people to believe anything you say.

Blair Wind
....thats what scans are for no expression

jasofisc

hulk10
Heres some more info

Powers
Black Bolt has the ability to unleash great destructive power through the use of his voice, but even the slightest whisper will release his power. Therefore, for the most part, he remains silent. This "quasi-sonic" scream is powered by electron energy that he draws in from the environment. At maximum the force is equal to that caused by the detonation of a nuclear weapon. Other possible manifestations of this harnessed electron energy include electron energy blasts, flight, enhanced strength (the "Master Blow" being a superhuman punch), ability to survive in space, and the ability to analyze and manipulate matter. The fork-shaped antenna that Black Bolt has worn upon his brow since childhood enable him to channel his powers in more directed, less destructive ways. Due to the fear of speaking while sleeping, Black Bolt practices a form of meditation, which may also help to enhance his abilities.
Like all Inhumans, Black Bolt is physically superior to normal human beings due to generations of eugenics. Attributes in which Inhumans excel over human include reaction time, stamina, strength, resistance to injury, and speed.If it didn't say in the others Black Bolt can fly 500MPH.

And I have more if you need it.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Blair Wind
....thats what scans are for no expression

I could enter Thanos (or some other uber character) and claim he's at herald level then produce scans to show why he'd win during the matches pretty easily... decent bios are required to get characters accepted/disqualified before scans even come into play.

Loot

TricksterPriest
Ok, this time I got one. The living Monolith.

Scoobless

The guy who became an Ego level living planet?

What the f**k?

grey fox
*Takes Out Folding Chair*

Opinions on Current Pics

Quasar - Nice , all rounder Marvel take on a GL. I and Psyquis slammed him with a Thor/RayII/Cyborg-Supes/Zombie-Ronan beat down , but yeah good pick for the tourney.

Super Sonic - Lol , Interesting. While I loathe to admit it , I do own a few Archie comics and from what I could make out he was a beast.

Morg , Surfer and Fallen one - The heralds are really getting grabbed quickly , nice. Haven't seen the FO in a tourney before though so he could be a wild-card....

Black Bolt - I'll assume his OHK is cancelled shall I ?

Thor - Good pick , Psyquis and me nearly slammed the last Tourney with him. The right scans and plan and he is a REAL pain in the ass to take out.

Talisman - ...Nah she get's the Ban Hammer. Why ? One Word. ZOMBIES. She can reanimate , thus her team shan't lose.

Blue Supes : Ahhh here we go , I was expecting the Energy counterpart of TLSOK to appear somewhere in the latest tourney.

Hal Jordan - GL's, Oy Vey.....

Genis - Hmmmm ?

B dot Rob
Feelings will be hurt when some of Super Sonic's higher showings are posted devil

Evangel94
Let me make this clear to everyone,

No one can change their choices until the confirmation thread. I've been getting alot of PM's asking if they could change.

You can't change anything until everyone has gotten a chance to pick their whole team. It would unfair and very hard to keep track of 7 or so people wanting to change their choice 2 or three times.

This is a draft. Make your first choice count. Then later you can change if you wish.

Scoobless
I personally think tournies should stick to Marvel, DC and their various offshoot companies ... at least that way we know the characters are on the same playing field.

no expression

Soljer
Feelings will be hurt when some of Super Sonic's higher showings are posted devil

Indeed. He is beyond Flash-level in insane speed showings.

Except, Super Sonic actually WOULD be going at nine billion times the speed of light to save a million people in a microsecond.

Flash was going just under the speed of light, stick out tongue.

Laminator_X
For the imminent 2nd-tier draft, do we make our pics simultaneously or will we go in two rounds; e.g. I make 2 picks, then someone else makes two picks vs. I make one pick and then wait until everyone has made a pick before making my second?

Soljer
I personally think tournies should stick to Marvel, DC and their various offshoot companies ... at least that way we know the characters are on the same playing field.

no expression

Indeed. Sonic is out there....some of his showings are DEFINITELY beyond herald level.

And since not many people read him, he's gonna be hard to counter. erm.

jasofisc
Originally posted by Soljer
Indeed. He is beyond Flash-level in insane speed showings.

Except, Super Sonic actually WOULD be going at nine billion times the speed of light to save a million people in a microsecond.

Flash was going just under the speed of light, stick out tongue.

if he's that power full then he's beyound herald level

grey fox

You expect him to be THAT powerful ? I mean he laid a six-pack of ass-whup on Chaos but that was more to do with his nature and biology instead of his sheer power.

Evangel94

This guy has huge potential that can abused in this tournament. I'm going to have to disallow him too. Silver Surfer level characters are the cap for this level of the tournament.

If you wish I'll let you have apocalypse for now...if nobody objects? We need to keep this tournament moving. Although I'm kind of iffy on his endurance being beyond Herald level.

B dot Rob
Indeed. Sonic is out there....some of his showings are DEFINITELY beyond herald level.

You can find a beyond herald level showing for just about anyone that's been picked so far :P.

Loot

no expression

agreed

Laminator_X
This guy has huge potential that can abused in this tournament. I'm going to have to disallow him too. Silver Surfer level characters are the cap for this level of the tournament.

Either that or ban Havok and allow Ahmet Adol as a Cap-or-less-Level pic. big grin

Scoobless

If you wish I'll let you have apocalypse for now...if nobody objects? We need to keep this tournament moving. Although I'm kind of iffy on his endurance being beyond Herald level.

So, what were the power caps for the second draft again?

And do we post both drafts at the same time?

hulk10
Read the rules "MORAN"

Evangel94
So, what were the power caps for the second draft again?

And do we post both drafts at the same time?

The second draft is enhanced meta. Examples of this level are She-Hulk, Colossus, Thing, & Johnny Storm Human Torch (without nova bomb).

You post both draft choices in one post with links. The only people who can't post links are those who are too new. EVERYONE who can, should be posting links with their choices. Once you post your two choices you cannot change it until the confirmation thread.

Soljer
Originally posted by hulk10
Read the rules "MORAN"

Trying to accuse another of being moronic in nature when being unable to even spell the word or string together coherent setences?

Self-owned.

B dot Rob
The second draft is enhanced meta. Examples of this level are She-Hulk, Colossus, Thing, & Johnny Storm Human Torch (without nova bomb).

What's the telepathic cap on this level?

Evangel94

What's the telepathic cap on this level?

Jean Grey (pre-phoenix).

King_Mungi
Talisman? hmm..which Talisman? there are many incarnations in Marvel/DC.

Laminator_X
Do we draft here or will there be a new thread?

hulk10
Is Jean Grey Meta or Enhanced

StarsNeverFall7
Enhanced

Laminator_X
Just in case this is the right place to draft....

I'm going with:

The Super-Skrull in all his badass shape-shifting FFish brutality. Use of his Hypnosis power will be severely limited limited by rules 2 and 8..

and Temujin/Mandarin II, for whom I have frustratingly failed to find meaningful links as yet. For the unfamiliar, he's the Mandarin's son and heir. He packs his father's rings, but uses super-kung-fu instead of super-science (apart from the aforementioned rings, of course.) Here's the Mandarin I's bio, which both lists Temujin as his son and the powers of the rings. Certain uses of the rings would be curtailed by rules 2,3,4, and 11; of course.

You can see father and son on the cover of Issue #7 of the current OHOTMU (Lower left, Temujin crouching) I'll probably need to pick-up a copy and post the bio. http://www.marvel.com/universe3zx/images/8/83/ANOHotMU-07.jpg

B dot Rob
If this the place give me

Sand
Aquaman (water hand)

Tony Stark
EXTREMIS Iron Man and Dr Doom for enhanced/meta if this is where we put it...

Roldz
Whens the 2nd Draft?

Loot
Originally posted by Roldz
Whens the 2nd Draft?

i is already available

Evangel94
We always draft in a new thread. Please redirect all comments to the new thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.