Little Itty Bitty Unimportant things i noticed...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaptinJackLover
ok this thread is pretty much pointless because i just watched the DVD and wanted to point out random things i noticed about the movie

Well i know this is important but i think its rele cute LOL when Liz goes up to grab the gun but Jack steps on it (you know when she has to shoot the big net full of rum and gun powder) Jack picks up the gun and then she grabs his leg and just held it for awhile...like a LOOOONG while...it was rele cute the way it looked though...can u say SEXY or wat?! lol

uhmm wat was the other thing???....o yeah! Liz sometimes doesnt look so beautiful...i was looking at her and i was like geez! she looks like a man! i htink its cuz her face is square, but i duno it was just the angle or sumthin. and when she was sad her nose looked like it shrunk on the sides! kinda like micheal jackson! lol jkjk (wanst THAT bad)

Oh and did anyone else notice that Tia's nostrils were always like flared out...and NO that is not how her nose is cause it would randomly go back down....i was paying to every little detail if u havent noticed laughing out loud

another stupid thing was that Jack and Tia are alike in many ways...well atcully only three,....they both have dreads, wear loads of eyeliner, and have not such "pretty" teeth teehee big grin

ok im sry yall for wasting your time if you chose to read this but i was bored...big grinbig grinbig grinbig grin Happy Dance

-savvychick-
looool....i luved the part about liz not lookin so pretty...it made me lmao...but im not sure y.....................big grin

CaptinJackLover
hahaha well its the truth...sadly..but it is! i surely yelled out wat the heck happen she a monster! lol but i was in a hyper mood big grin and it probably seemed weird cuz i had headphones on so nobody knew that i was even watching the movie big grin embarrasment

-savvychick-
hehe....well, it caused me amuzement, so its all goodbig grin

but i havent gotten the dvd yetsadsadsad

tomorrow thosmile

CaptinJackLover
mine wasnt even supposed to come today! i was so happy when the mail came! big grin

evilm0nki3
she does look a bit odd at times

yeah i noticed the leg thing... the first time i saw it...

big grin

katelovespirate
didnt they make a comment that you could tell how godlike a character was in the film by looking at their teeth?

Chiki Mina
^^ Well I dont know I will check it out once I get my dvd.

But yes they need to pretty up Liz a bit more.

evilm0nki3
yeah they did!

(about the teeth)

-savvychick-
hehe, they should do a thing in the movie where they have to go to some fancy thing and both jack/liz have to clean up and they see each other and are all shocked at it...lol...smile

evilm0nki3
like those shows haha

vegaofthelyre
something I realized was how well certain parts hold up after repeated viewings. Seriously, this is the ultimate test, IMHO. As disloyal as it may sound, I wondered a little about how DMC would hold up as there are many actions sequences & special effects, etc etc (usually those do not hold up as well). I was pleasantly surprised! The tia hut scenes were FANTASTIC. Their greatness was actually lost on me when I watched it in theatres. And there's always subtle little character building stuff going on all the time throughout the movie like Jack stealing stuff in the hut, Lizzie's dad falling down when she says, "I would have had you already if not for the bars, etc" Also, MUSIC IS FAB FAB FAB. I am a huge stickler for operatic scores. Hans Zimmer really outdid himself.

Oh, and also, I realized that my love for JD will never die. big grin

PirateDiva
I also never really noticed how much i hated how LIZ looked at the begininng of the movie.....She was toooo pale, and her hair color was dreadful....she looked like a messed up porcelin doll....yuck!!! I was really glad to see her all tanned up again...lol!!!

T.Maria
the little iddy biddy bit i found amusing was during the scene where gibbs is explaining about the letters of marqe and about 'the company controls the chest, they control the sea' stuff....

when gibbs dsays something like "Beckett wants the chest"

and elizabeth says "yes, he did say something about a chest" ....

theres only like 2 seconds here where jack gives her an odd look, and she sort of shifts her body and looks uncomfortable and embarrassed by him looking at her for some reason....

it makes me laugh every time i see it ! big grin

also, i could watch the cannibal island scene forever lol

for me, this epitomises great comedy timing....loved it and i will continue to love it forever and ever amen! big grin

hehe

katelovespirate
yes to all you, especially the operatic score, because i just need to fan-love Hans Zimmer and say, the music in DMC delighted me beyond words. My favs are the music right after the kiss (like the world is quietly coming to an end) the music when Jack draws his sword on the kraken (and Han Solo's carbonite freezing hero moment is officially topped) and the music that plays when Jack is drunkenly walking down the stairs of the pearl to get some more rum and runs into bootstrap--- the funny pirate music... loved it!!!! smile

T.Maria
i liked the 'waltz' music when the crew were trying to swing the cannibal cages....added to the funny atmosphere smile

music can really add to the suspence or atmosphere of a story....sets the mood....

hans zimmer did a bloody good job! big grin

savvysparrow
Originally posted by T.Maria
the little iddy biddy bit i found amusing was during the scene where gibbs is explaining about the letters of marqe and about 'the company controls the chest, they control the sea' stuff....

when gibbs dsays something like "Beckett wants the chest"

and elizabeth says "yes, he did say something about a chest" ....

theres only like 2 seconds here where jack gives her an odd look, and she sort of shifts her body and looks uncomfortable and embarrassed by him looking at her for some reason....

it makes me laugh every time i see it ! big grin

also, i could watch the cannibal island scene forever lol

for me, this epitomises great comedy timing....loved it and i will continue to love it forever and ever amen! big grin

hehe

Know why that is? Notice that Jack grabs the wrist that Beckett burned the P into. So he's clutching his war wound, but when Elizabeth turns to look at him, he immediately drops it.

katelovespirate
im really counting on Elizabeth or Will of both getting branded with the P. actually, i think it would be wicked sweet action to see a whole bunch of pirates standing to fight the EITC, and they ALL have the brand.

evilm0nki3
little bitty something i noticed, when the kracken was attacking the black pearl near the end and Gibbs was holding onto a guy that was being pulled by the kracken.. the guy siad "let me go!" and gibbs said "i wont let you go!" and the kracken pulled him away and he says "shoot me!"

it was an emotional little bit there.. made me sadsad

katelovespirate
Originally posted by evilm0nki3
little bitty something i noticed, when the kracken was attacking the black pearl near the end and Gibbs was holding onto a guy that was being pulled by the kracken.. the guy siad "let me go!" and gibbs said "i wont let you go!" and the kracken pulled him away and he says "shoot me!"

it was an emotional little bit there.. made me sadsad

haha i always struggle not to laugh during that part... because its so "i'll never let go Jack!"

but Gibbs is the best thing ever.

evilm0nki3
hah... its so sad to mesad

smile

Chiki Mina
I have a question....What happend to the rest of the crew from the black pearl? Barbossa's crew. The only survivors I know are pintell and ragetti.

evilm0nki3
They are stuck in jail i guess...

evilm0nki3
problem solved! big grin

http://cgi.ebay.com/PIRATES-OF-THE-CARIBBEAN-DEAD-MANS-CHEST-BONUS- DVD_W0QQitemZ170058057639QQihZ007QQcategoryZ617QQs
sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

there are lots of them!

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&from=R10& amp;satitle=pirates+of+the+caribbean+dead+man%27s+
chest+bonus+&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=31410&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1&fsoo=1

Chiki Mina
OMG ITS EBAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance laughing out loud rock bunny eek!

PirateDiva
You know what else i noticed.....everytime JACK and LIZ have a moment no one ever seems to seee this....its like they are about to kiss like a million times and the crew is sooooo oblivious!! Only Norrie comfronted Lizzie that one time on the boat after the "persude Me Scene"

katelovespirate
They are stuck in jail i guess...

i thought they all got killed.

CaptinJackLover
Originally posted by PirateDiva
You know what else i noticed.....everytime JACK and LIZ have a moment no one ever seems to seee this....its like they are about to kiss like a million times and the crew is sooooo oblivious!! Only Norrie comfronted Lizzie that one time on the boat after the "persude Me Scene"

no i hink they just dont want to ruin the moments...i mean its not like itmatters to them anyways! oh and ibbs DID notice that Jack and Liz were making out! you could tell cuz he was very pushy with Will to get him down and his expression kinda hinted that he saw it..i duno maybe it was just me being an obsesed JE fan eek!

evilm0nki3
Originally posted by katelovespirate
i thought they all got killed.

some of them died in the first.. pintel and ragetti were in jail so they were probably with the rest of the crew.. which they were probably hung by the time they showed pintel and ragetti..

PirateDiva
Ya i also heard there was gonna be a hanging scene in AWE....u think maybe Jack, Liz, or Will get caught and are taken to the Gallos....and somehow escape again...lol....or would that be to cliche again!!

Chiki Mina
Im getting excited by the second! I really cannot wait till AWE.

...Im missing Misty.

PirateDiva
Ya mee toooo ive been waiting to see hwat she has to say about the DMC DVD!!!

Chiki Mina
I really do miss her. She needs to come back and ignore the idiots who offended her. She needs to know that she has us!

LovelyOne
why people gotta take the piss out of the way someone looks? sad

LovelyOne
what happened with Misty?? sad sad

Chiki Mina
Whats wrong Lovely?

willofthewisp
"You know what else i noticed.....everytime JACK and LIZ have a moment no one ever seems to seee this....its like they are about to kiss like a million times and the crew is sooooo oblivious!! Only Norrie comfronted Lizzie that one time on the boat after the "persude Me Scene""------piratediva

I kind of noticed it too, but in a different way. Whenever Jack and Liz had a moment I kept thinking, "nobody WORKS on this ship." It just seems like people walk up and down the deck except for Norrie who's stuck scrubbing the deck.

Yeah, what did happen to misty?

Chiki Mina
well to make a loooong story short.

Crazychick started defending this guy who was cursing at Misty. And misty was angry that she was defending him, and turbo was defending crazychick.

It was all just caca. Very messed up.

Im upset with Misty bc shes gonna let some crazy argument stop her from coming here.

katelovespirate
doubt that- she's probably just busy lol

katelovespirate
Originally posted by willofthewisp
"You know what else i noticed.....everytime JACK and LIZ have a moment no one ever seems to seee this....its like they are about to kiss like a million times and the crew is sooooo oblivious!! Only Norrie comfronted Lizzie that one time on the boat after the "persude Me Scene""------piratediva

I kind of noticed it too, but in a different way. Whenever Jack and Liz had a moment I kept thinking, "nobody WORKS on this ship." It just seems like people walk up and down the deck except for Norrie who's stuck scrubbing the deck.

Yeah, what did happen to misty?

hahaha who knew? the black pearl is like the friends coffee house.

vegaofthelyre
HAHAHA. well, they DO work sometimes. Like when the KRAKEN comes, they seem pretty diligent. =D

BTW, i love your banner, katelovespirate. LOLOL. And that pose of Elizabeth looks especially seductive. Will and Jack both look like they're one second away from killing each other.

katelovespirate
haha thanks. smile

and to be fair, if i had to be on any ship in the carib, it would def. be the black pearl. long as i didnt have to share a hammock with anyone.

evilm0nki3
lol when i watched it tonight i noticed when jack went below deck where the crew was sleeping, one of the guys had another guys leg on top of him..

PirateDiva
OK Guys I just randomly was looking for pictures and i came across these Picture:

Well No biggie Right?

So then Why was this coat labeled....JACK SPARROW WEDDING COAT?

Maybe Nothing....cause i cant see Jack in it but.....cant blame me for my suspicion...right?

PirateDiva
Heres another angle:

evilm0nki3
looks girlysmile

whered you find it? where was it labeled Jack Sparrow's wedding coat?

PirateDiva
edit

PirateDiva
I found it next to this:

evilm0nki3
hMMmMmm

barbossa wasnt around cotton was he, in the first film? only when cotton was tied up, right?

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/walt_disney/ pirates_of_the_caribbean__the_curse_of_the_black_p
earl/geoffrey_rush/pirates3.jpg

PirateDiva
^^ Wait that green/grey coat whatever was a mistake please disregard that i put in the wrong pic!

PirateDiva
hMMmMmm

barbossa wasnt around cotton was he, in the first film? only when cotton was tied up, right?

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/walt_disney/ pirates_of_the_caribbean__the_curse_of_the_black_p
earl/geoffrey_rush/pirates3.jpg

cant see it....says document not found!

evilm0nki3
oh darn..

Theresmile

PirateDiva
Hmmmmmmmm!

SarahB
Originally posted by PirateDiva

oh yh!!thts quite true lol.....aprtfrm on the island wen shes angry.

willofthewisp
"and to be fair, if i had to be on any ship in the carib, it would def. be the black pearl. long as i didnt have to share a hammock with anyone."---Kate

You mean you wouldn't share a hammock with Captain Jack? lol. I would want to be on the Pearl too, especially if you only have to do work if a kraken comes by.

PirateDiva
LMAO....I would be in the Black Pearl too....only i would be in the Captains Cabin sharing it with JACK!!!! eek!

katelovespirate
Originally posted by willofthewisp
"and to be fair, if i had to be on any ship in the carib, it would def. be the black pearl. long as i didnt have to share a hammock with anyone."---Kate

You mean you wouldn't share a hammock with Captain Jack? lol. I would want to be on the Pearl too, especially if you only have to do work if a kraken comes by.

there's a question. is there a bed in Jack's cabin or does he hammock it out with the crew below decks?

i suppose i would share a bed with captain jack, but maybe not a hammock, not on a consistent basis anyways. i wouldnt get any sleep. too much hotness. the bed would be okay though, as long as it was big enough that we wouldnt be kicking each other or something.

the pearl would be like a constant party, especially if you were one of the only girls. i love hanging out with boys, girls tend to stress me out, so living on the pearl would be incredibly relaxing, except when a kraken came or the royal navy was chasing you everywhere... lol...

i like this topic...

PirateDiva
LOL....Ya but when the other Pirates need a little lovin lovin and they see ur the only girl on board....couldnt that be a little scary!!!

katelovespirate
eh, not really. learn to handle a sword and wield the rum bottle well, and you should be okay.

plus, if you are sharing a bed with captain jack, i doubt he'd be okay with any of the other crew members cramping his style if you know what i mean. wink

the crew on the black pearl, for the most part, seem pretty lovable. not very piraty. the scariest thing was if you got captured by other pirates.

PirateDiva
TRUE!!!!! I Love The PEARL....Welcome Aboard!!!!

texgodiva2s
At the beginning of DMC, Jack is working at his charts table and he stretches out his right arm, so that the P (for pirate) cannot be ignored. When he and Gibbs and Elisabeth are talking about Beckett and the EITC, he reaches with his left hand to hold or cradle his right arm where the P branding scar is. I thought that was soooo damn poignant--how that must have pained him, not just the branding, but the powerlessness and the vanity of the man. He doesn't hate Beckett, he just has no respect for him.

Jaeh_JediPirate
Originally posted by katelovespirate
yes to all you, especially the operatic score, because i just need to fan-love Hans Zimmer and say, the music in DMC delighted me beyond words. My favs are the music right after the kiss (like the world is quietly coming to an end) the music when Jack draws his sword on the kraken (and Han Solo's carbonite freezing hero moment is officially topped) and the music that plays when Jack is drunkenly walking down the stairs of the pearl to get some more rum and runs into bootstrap--- the funny pirate music... loved it!!!! smile

I can't believe I'm defending this, and for the record, i was reading old posts and i saw this, i just had to defend it.. big grin

the carbonite freezing was NOT topped.. they actually bumped each other for me on that one! GAH! I REFUSE! *fights even though she knows she can't win* please don't pelt me with rocks or tomatoes.. big grin *shields self*

hehe, sorry.. i just had to.. big grin well, i felt i had to.. *trails off*

Ditte3
Originally posted by texgodiva2s
At the beginning of DMC, Jack is working at his charts table and he stretches out his right arm, so that the P (for pirate) cannot be ignored. When he and Gibbs and Elisabeth are talking about Beckett and the EITC, he reaches with his left hand to hold or cradle his right arm where the P branding scar is. I thought that was soooo damn poignant--how that must have pained him, not just the branding, but the powerlessness and the vanity of the man. He doesn't hate Beckett, he just has no respect for him. Interesting.I noticed that in dmc.About not hating Beckett,I think Jack doesn't like him too much after branding him a pirate,but I always thought they must have been good friends or relatives in the past.

texgodiva2s
How novel, Miz Ditte3, relatives!?!?!?Ummmm? I read somewhere else, that someone believed them to be contempories ? grew up together or whatnot--then Beckett twisted off to snits-ville. Vile little toad of a man.

Wouldn't it be a blast to sit down with Jack and have a snifter or two of brandy on a cold evening? I so love verbal sparring, the give and take before...whatever--makes me wonder if I would give over to his "charm"--accept the "regret" of the morning--and away we go...

texgodiva2s
Okay maybe wrong spot for this however, cannon jokes--in DMC- there's the one with Jack and Elisabeth having their sexy deck talk and the camera pulls back to show jack standing in quite the provocative pose to best showcase his uh, assets. Then in AWE, there's the little figure that gets rocketed out of the cannon when Jack escapes Beckett--just this little person figure (from Beckett's cabin?) arms outstretched. Which leads me back to cannon in PotC--he slams that one free in the escape scene after he rescues Elisabeth--ah, that's better--and yes--I've watched both way heckdo too much this summer--I'm down to both every day, from my original 16/7(a girl's gotta sleep)--you know, I don't miss TV

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.