Is anybody else getting sick of the consol wars?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
Just getting sick of hearing about how gay the PS3 is, and how worthless blah blah

The wii is bad ass, but's just a fad blah blah

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus, and the Ps3 has been out for 2 weeks and its been branded as a failure already.

2 weeks????

WTF?????

Blaxican
Down with the PS3.

no expression

AstroFan
I love the irony of the only interesting game on PS3 being called "Resistance", its like a subtle hint. stick out tongue

MadMel
before this is closed..lemme just say i am sick of the constant stream of fanboys..but i wont be this time tomorrow when i have my very own wii because all shall fade away in its awesomeness stick out tongue..

IceJaw
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
Just getting sick of hearing about how gay the PS3 is, and how worthless blah blah

The wii is bad ass, but's just a fad blah blah

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus, and the Ps3 has been out for 2 weeks and its been branded as a failure already.

2 weeks????

WTF?????
Don't drink and post erm

Burning thought
personaly i dont think much of Zelda games and Sonic sort of thing...mario....all too colourful and such..

what makes the Wii so good....all it is is another same old console, all it has is a little interactiveness with the controller and such.....id get tired of having to do arm movements and such just to fire something or so

ESB -1138
That's because you're fat and lazy.

Wii also has Metroid, Star Fox, Kirby, Super Smash Bros, Rayman, Red Steel, and of course they'll be getting other companies to design games for the Wii.

Swe_Bum
^ agrees, Wii will pwn

PVS
there is no war.

xbox 360 is a solid console with excellent graphics and an unparalelled multiplayer experience

wii, though lacking in graphics, cracks the console interface dogma wide open (a controller standard which they ironically set) and offers a more involved gameplay experience.

ps3 is a slightly beefed up version of the 360, with blueray (which will lose the HD competition with HDDVD, despite the snappy name) and a last minute motion sensor thrown in to their decade-old controller just days after nintendo announced the wiimote...this of course is a cooincidence. their launch is met with only one exclusive game worth checking out, their consoles are defective and crash ridden, and its way overpriced.

i see 2 great consoles and 1 piece of shit

Kenshinswife
Okay let me stake my claim before i rant. I have a wii amd a 360 their both very awesome...but God damn why is everybody hating on the ps3..shit i mean my goodness i agree that it is way overpriced and its like rent money expensive. but it doesnt take away from its greatness it has great graphics and great game play in which each of the other systems are lagging in( wii and graphics 360 and game play) i am not saying its better than either console but lets be fair. i am pretty sure if it was a few hundred dollars cheaper everybody would be riding on their mothers backs all the way to the nearest wal-mart or game stop to pick one up and tell everyone how great it is.

Just saying lets have a little fairness when it comes to the consoles. And this is coming from someone who loves their wii and 360.
I see 3 consoles each having qualities that stand out above the other.

dirkdirden
people find it easy to hate the PS3 becuase sony makes a ton of mistakes as a company. They messed up the lauch but they also messed up the PS1 launch and the PS2 launch as well, and I'm sure that everyone remember the laughable 360 launch with only 350,000 some consoles.

The fact of all consoles is that the launch doesn't mean jack. The Wii had a great launch but the fact that it is a nicer looking Gamecube with a new controler is going to be it's downfall.

Even though the 360 has a rocky lauch they are making a killing now.

The fact is that all system will win and it will be a close margin between each system. The Xbox can't beat out the PS3 becuase of Japan, RPG's and sonys strong hold on the market, Nintindo cant beat out the Xbox or PS3 because it's just a weak little system that may be fun to play but but the effect will were off and you'll be left with a gamecube with a new controller, and the PS3 can't beat out the Xbox becuase it doesn't have halo.

I wouldn't say I'm sick of the console war but I am sick of the mindless bashing of systems.

Kenshinswife
Couldnt have said it better myself cool

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Kenshinswife
Okay let me stake my claim before i rant. I have a wii amd a 360 their both very awesome...but God damn why is everybody hating on the ps3..shit i mean my goodness i agree that it is way overpriced and its like rent money expensive. but it doesnt take away from its greatness it has great graphics and great game play in which each of the other systems are lagging in( wii and graphics 360 and game play) i am not saying its better than either console but lets be fair. i am pretty sure if it was a few hundred dollars cheaper everybody would be riding on their mothers backs all the way to the nearest wal-mart or game stop to pick one up and tell everyone how great it is.

Just saying lets have a little fairness when it comes to the consoles. And this is coming from someone who loves their wii and 360.
I see 3 consoles each having qualities that stand out above the other.

Nice BS out there. Great Graphics, where? Oh excuse myself I find everything else ugly after playing Gears of War. Great Gameplay? What, where? Resistence doesn't bring anything new to the FPS table, and lets not talk about the other games not worth mentioning. I saw the PS3 at gamestop and wasn't impressed. The console itself is bigger than the 360--which I find ironic because Japanese complained about the original X-box's size. The controllers seriously need a new layout. I loved the Dual Shock back in the day, but now 10 years+ after it's release it IS dated. The graphics didn't impress me, not by a long shot. The only saving grace PS3 has is Kojima's soon to be instant-classic MGS4. You certainly don't love your 360 if you think the 360 is lacking in the gameplay department. **** the 360 is not matched in multiplayer, and lets not bring Sony's crappy online.

On topic I love console wars. smile

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by dirkdirden
people find it easy to hate the PS3 becuase sony makes a ton of mistakes as a company. They messed up the lauch but they also messed up the PS1 launch and the PS2 launch as well, and I'm sure that everyone remember the laughable 360 launch with only 350,000 some consoles.

The fact of all consoles is that the launch doesn't mean jack. The Wii had a great launch but the fact that it is a nicer looking Gamecube with a new controler is going to be it's downfall.

Even though the 360 has a rocky lauch they are making a killing now.

The fact is that all system will win and it will be a close margin between each system. The Xbox can't beat out the PS3 becuase of Japan, RPG's and sonys strong hold on the market, Nintindo cant beat out the Xbox or PS3 because it's just a weak little system that may be fun to play but but the effect will were off and you'll be left with a gamecube with a new controller, and the PS3 can't beat out the Xbox becuase it doesn't have halo.

I wouldn't say I'm sick of the console war but I am sick of the mindless bashing of systems.

Nicely said, but I find it more laughable that Sony made fun(paraphrasing here) of Microsoft's lack of consoles at launch and they had the same thing happen to them. Funny. It's not good to have a shortage of consoles at launch unless you're the first next-gen console without competition.

In the end I think things will remain the same as last gen. Sony being leader, but with a great loss of market share. Microsoft falling behind because of the Japanese market unwillingness to give an american made product a chance. Nintendo being 3rd but being called the most fun console out of the 3.

dirkdirden
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Nicely said, but I find it more laughable that Sony made fun(paraphrasing here) of Microsoft's lack of consoles at launch and they had the same thing happen to them. Funny. It's not good to have a shortage of consoles at launch unless you're the first next-gen console without competition.

In the end I think things will remain the same as last gen. Sony being leader, but with a great loss of market share. Microsoft falling behind because of the Japanese market unwillingness to give an american made product a chance. Nintendo being 3rd but being called the most fun console out of the 3.

Yeah Sony always makes asses out of themselfs.

PVS
Originally posted by Superboy Prime

nintendo will outsell and outprofit them both combined.
dont argue it, as its simply a fact of life. sony and microsoft will be lucky to turn over any profit all all, with all the money they lose on each console they sell.

Lana
FFS, would people use the proper threads?!

There is a thread for the next-gen console stuff. It is stickied at the top of the forum. There is no excuse to make threads of stuff that go there.

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.