Twilight Princess Link vs. Ocarina of Time Link

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kayne Archeron
though i haven't beaten TP yet, i was thinking about this and i realized that the TP Link has some of the best arching reflexes in the series, but the OoT Link had some pretty mean magic up his sleeve... your thoughts?

Tallis
It depends can Twilight Link turn into his wolf form, and get midna on his back. If so he wins

Mesirus
my thoughts are in wonder, I'm still decided on 360 or Wii, so i haven't so much as looked at it yet.

I'd say that OoT link have the superior magic, since you say, and if the other Link is the bette archer then i think it should go back to the old fanishon way..... whos the better swordsman and does TP Link have Master sword?

Tallis
yes. Actually he even gets the Light Sword which is superior

ESB -1138
I have to give it to the Twilight Princess Link. He seems to be a better horseback rider, archer, and swordsman with equal or superior magic.

Superboy Prime
I want a Wii just to play Twilight Princess T_T

On topic I can't tell since I haven't seen what the new Link is capable of.

Tallis
Link does'nt use magic in TP

Kayne Archeron
since TP Link definitely has more (and better) sword techniques, better horse-riding technique, and i guess you could count turning into a wolf as magic (not necessarily his own, but hey)

TP definately gets this

kamikz
Since I don't own TP until tomorrow, I'm not gonna make an argument for him, however, I do have to say that I have heard nothing about specific powers such as invinsibility, a fire wall that just expands around him. And the sword part, well unless you got some of the feats performed I only see that as gameplay! I mean, like saying WW Link is above Adult OOT Link in swordsmanship, which would hardly be logical!

Tallis
Link does have this cool, red and gold magic armor that makes him invinsible. But it drains rupee for usage

MadMel
damn this is tough...but im going with TP..older, better sword/horse/arrows skills (though this could just be game mechanics)..
also, he does have the superior light sword, like tallis said, and the wolf form with minda, and that would give him a definate edge..so im going with TP..

kamikz
Older? How old is he? I thought he was like 16, is he 18? OOT is 17!

Anyway, I can't still make a stand, and it got delayed until friday! :@

Master-of-Chaos
here is the problem with compairing thies two

as soon as OoT link gets on the horse he is invincible

Kayne Archeron
you never ran into any poes then i assume...

and TP's swordsmanship is superior, learning your sword skills is a big part of the game

General Kaliero
The Light Sword is only superior against Twilight beasts. It's just the Master Sword filled with light for the purpose of dispelling darkness and dark creatures. Against the average Lizalfos or Darknut, it does no extra damage.

I dunno if I could call this one, though. TP Link doesn't use magic at all, while OoT Link has Nayru's Love, a time-limited impenetrable shield. TP Link has better archery skill, but OoT Link has elemental arrows. Then again, TP Link also has bomb arrows.

TP Link is by far the better swordsman, but OoT Link has the Biggoron's Sword.

I say after a long, grueling battle that has depleted all of both their disposable items, TP Link wins by a couple hearts.

LinkofTime
I think the Ocarina of Time Link is better. Even though the TP one has all the skills and stuff, OoT Link was a better hero.

Hoshi
TP link is way better than OOT link in swordmanship , right at the beggining all of the OOT links moves were considered useless for the golden wolf , In the end of the game link is already a master swordsman much better than the old link. In his wolf form link has some intant kill abilities that seem pretty nasty . Although the TP link doesnt have any magic at all , he has "evolutions " of the OOT items , like the dual clawshot , the boomerang with the wind god inside it , etc

Thunder Fox
TP link wins most of OoT link magic was short ranged and the magic arrows can be blocked by the sheild strike knocking them back or back at him OoT was not very good swordman compared to TP link and his wolf form is alot quicker and harser to hit though lower defence and TP links bombarrows have the knock back advantage tossing OoT backwards from the explosion

theelegend
And the sword part, well unless you got some of the feats performed I only see that as gameplay! I mean, like saying WW Link is above Adult OOT Link in swordsmanship, which would hardly be logical!

^
that is a excellent point man, and that proves theres real no way to say who is a better swords men,i'm glad you said it, thumbs up

i'm gonna say OOT link, with all that magic and all,and the gold gauntlets makes him pretty ****in strong, and weather tp is a better swordsmen (or archer) is hard to say since it could just be game play,so even bringing up that would be pointless, and as for tp turning into a wolf thats only in the twligth relm,so i wouldn't count on that to help, i'm gonna give this one to OOT link,

theelegend
plus in majora's mask he gets all those mask so he could just use those couldn't he? Fierce Deity Mask would be the last thing TP link would wanna mess with

Thunder Fox
not true you aventually turn into a wolf at will once master sword is obtained Oni link is abit retarded and TPlink can reflect his energy shots with sheild bash no to menion that this is OoT link doesn't have the masks gaunlets make no difference and the magic is a gain too close range and magic arrows ar too slow to draw and can be reflected any way TP uses sheild bash, Helmsplitter or backward slice knock or finishing blow

theelegend
gaunlets make no difference <-- they make him stronger,a hell of alot stronger, he could probley break him in half pretty easy, if TP link came in for a sword attack OOT link could break him in half like a branch,

TPlink can reflect his energy shots with sheild bash <-- and OOT link has Nayru's love which would make reflecting anything pointless, as well as a shield in case you didn't notice,

and the magic is again too close <-- dins fire has a decent range, for TP link to try and win he would have to stay very fare away from OOT link,
gaunlets would break him in half, dins fire would burn him, and TP links arrows would be useless since OOT link would block it pretty easy,

arrows too slow to draw <-- unless i blacked out from playing the game TP links arrows don't move super fast either, plus OOT links shield would block it and make it useless, and if TP link turned into a wolf links Biggoron Sword he could just spin move and wolf link would be dead meat once he came close

Oni link is abit retarded <-- i don't know what you mena by that, and since OOT link is the same link from majoris mask i don't see why it can't count, and with that mask he is pretty much a god, all the links together probley wouldn't stop oni link,

Thunder Fox
they make him stronger,a hell of alot stronger, he could probley break him in half pretty easy, if TP link came in for a sword attack OOT link could break him in half like a branch,] they makeno difference in battle and you know it lifting boulder mak no difference unless you can use it in a fight

and OOT link has Nayru's love which would make reflecting anything pointless, as well as a shield] in case you didn't notice only till your magic runs out and that thing prvent you using other magic and it waste magic fast

dins fire has a decent range, for TP link to try and win he would have to stay very fare away from OOT link,
gaunlets would break him in half, dins fire would burn him, and TP links arrows would be useless since OOT link would block it pretty easy] again its only one spell at time its either Nayrus love or din's fire not both that goes for magic arrows too

unless i blacked out from playing the game TP links arrows don't move super fast either, plus OOT links shield would block it and make it useless, and if TP link turned into a wolf links Biggoron Sword he could just spin move and wolf link would be dead meat once he came close] magic arrow you have to wait, draw, fire, repeat plus no garuenntee it will hit him cause of TPs sheild and fireing an arrow is faster then a magic arrow plus the hawkeye attachment to it provides precie aiming

i don't know what you mena by that, and since OOT link is the same link from majoris mask i don't see why it can't count, and with that mask he is pretty much a god, all the links together probley wouldn't stop oni link] cause this fight is with OoT thus before his trip to termina bay Oni link does not count to this fight

LinkofTime
Well, I think now we're just comparing the technology of video games now. I'm sure that if they could make the Ocarina of Time Link fight as gracefully as the TP Link, they would, but they couldn't. Obviously, due to the evolution of the capabilities of Nintendo, the TP Link is superior in pretty much every aspect.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by LinkofTime
Well, I think now we're just comparing the technology of video games now. I'm sure that if they could make the Ocarina of Time Link fight as gracefully as the TP Link, they would, but they couldn't. Obviously, due to the evolution of the capabilities of Nintendo, the TP Link is superior in pretty much every aspect.

No. You see it was stated in Twilight Princess that Link had sword training from a sword master plus training from that gold wolf/skeleton thingy who knew the hidden techinques. OoT Link has no form of sword training what so ever.

TP Link >>>> OoT Link in sword fighting

Now then Adult Link in OoT still has the experience of a 10 year old because during those 7 years Link did nothing. Link in TP is around 16-19 (his age is never said) giving him +6-9 years of more expierence then OoT Link. You keep wanting Link to have abilities and moves from Majora's Mask but Link did not recieve those items/abilities during his journey in OoT but in another game all together so the Fierce Diety Mask can't be used since this is OoT Link.

OoT Link still has a limited supply of magic. TP Link can become a wolf and easily avoid OoT Link until he wastes his magic using Nayru's Love.

MadMel
well said...plus TP link has better equipment, like the magic armour, the light sword, gale bommerang (not like that'd make a difference though), etc..TP link has better training, more experience and better equipment..therefor, he wins.

Veldar
TP Link is much better at herding goats than OoT Link could ever dream of.... so there. TP Link wins by default.

MetaHybrid
I think that when TP Link learns all his Sword Skills, then he his swordsmanship would be equal to OoT Link. Sure Ocarina of Time doesn't show it, but the Swordsman that teaches you the sword skills in Twilight Princess comments on you becoming more like the Hero of Time when he trains you. When you first meet him, he says something along the lines of your sword skills being pitiful compared to the Hero of Time (OoT Link). So again. I think their sword skills are equal.

IF however, we are going by game-play, then TP Link has better swordsmanship.

kamikz
I would say that TP Link is the superior in sword techniques, not because of technology, but because that there is actually much more proven about him being a swordsman. However, I would not put OOT Link far behind, as we all know, the Hero masters abilities and weapons instantly. (No, not just because of gameplay, it is even stated in TP that the kid says, "I never ever saw you wielding a bow in Ordon", and Link hasn't, however, from the moment he gets it he wields it probably better than Legolas does. Try the shooting game in Kakariko. Link is normally a master of all the weapons....)

However, OOT Link has magic, something that TP Link lacks. With this he can turn invinsible. Now as I heard you say, you said TP Link could turn into a wolf and keep away, but then OOT Link just fires an arrow into his flesh, there is no way he can dodge arrows for long. I think OOT Link wins because (and very much because of just this) he got this magic, and magic overall...

But that's just my opinion...

kamikz
Originally posted by Hoshi
TP link is way better than OOT link in swordmanship , right at the beggining all of the OOT links moves were considered useless for the golden wolf , In the end of the game link is already a master swordsman much better than the old link. In his wolf form link has some intant kill abilities that seem pretty nasty . Although the TP link doesnt have any magic at all , he has "evolutions " of the OOT items , like the dual clawshot , the boomerang with the wind god inside it , etc

Lol, what? OOT Link was considered to be a useless swordsman by the golden wolf? OOT Link is not even mentioned in this game, and if that was said, then there wouldn't be theories that the golden wolf actually is OOT Link. (Not that he is, but you know what I mean....)

MetaHybrid
OoT also has Nayru's love which is more powerful than TP Link's Magic armour. The Magic Armour won't last for long as he battles the other. Magic Armour drains his rupees while he wears it, and drains even more when he gets it. It will also wear him down when he wallet is empty, and will leave him vulnerable. Nayru's Love however, can be cast quite a few times, and even more if OoT Link has Blue Potions in his bottles. TP Link would have to on full defense when this happens.

However if we take away Nayru's Love and Magic Armour, OoT Link still has a good chance of winning. One of the Great Faires gave him a blessing which boosts his defense, so he can take twice the damage that the TP Link could which gives him an edge in health.

kamikz
Oh, forgot about silver hearts...

But I agree, although the Magic armor will last probably a little longer (unless he gets hit alot, also OOT Link can reactivate it), when it is down to zero, it is not like gameplay where he just switches tunic, logically he is actually gonna have to take the whole thing of, undress that is. If he's gonna do that, Link cuts him down easily, if he doesn't, Link is stuck in that armor, and decaying.
Also, TP Link's armor leaves his face open, a strike there would kill him...

Kaithen
I wanna find how these guys would battle eachother melee. I would absolutly say that their best weapon is sword. Link in ocarina did train alot as young, while he didnt move a finger in 7 years. However, i dont think the last thing i mentioned does really affect his physicall strenght. However, what we can see is that he gains stronger, more powerfull when he grows up. As adult Link, he gets experience as he battle Gannon in a sword only melee battle. He also get som experience while battleing all that monsters.

Twilight Link was'nt really a fighter as young, in my eyes. But, first time he used a sword he really got the kids attention. As the story rolls on, he find a hero from the past. That hero teaches him some sword fighting and he also gets teachings from killing monster that comes in his way.

Ocarina Link as Twilight Link has killed a darknut. However, the darknut in Twilight is kinda different and explains more exactly how good Twilight link is at sword fighting.

However, it's harder to tell Ocarina Links sword skills but we have seen him fighting dark Link that seems to have the same skills as himself.

I can't really choose, but as ive seen twilight link getting teachings from the swordmaster and as i have seen him fighting gannondorf in a melee fight i would say that his better.

kamikz
Yup, I pretty much agree....

You have a point, OOT Link actually has more battle experience, fighting huge monsters at the age of 10 already, while TP Link probably hasn't had a real fight in his life until the time of the Twilight adventure. He is a wangler however, his life is rougher than OOT Link's was, and he has already had some (better than nothing) experience on how to use a sword.

I just remembered that OOT Link has one edge in the melee battle, and that is his golden gauntlets. They give him such a large strenght advantage over TP Link that it's silly, a strike from OOT Link would probably be more than TP Link could handle if he was supposed to block it sword wise, and would force him to the ground if he protected strike to the head. You could say that Twilight Link has fought many people being bigger and stronger than him, but really, so has OOT Link, and unless TP Link presses the attack to the extent that OOT Link cannot handle, I can actually see them being quite equal....

MetaHybrid
In terms of raw strength, I think TP Link has alot of it. Anyone remember the Goron Mines mini-boss?

kamikz
Raw strenght, yeah. (But remember, against the Goron's, he used iron boots. Basically they couldn't move him)
But if you would pit that strenght against OOT Link and his Golden Gauntlets, TP Link is ****ed...

Kaithen
Ocarina Link also has the iron boots wich means Iron boots + Golden gauntlets = Mnnnpprrg...

kamikz
MEN!!!!!!!!!

ESB -1138
Originally posted by kamikz
Yup, I pretty much agree....

You have a point, OOT Link actually has more battle experience, fighting huge monsters at the age of 10 already, while TP Link probably hasn't had a real fight in his life until the time of the Twilight adventure. He is a wangler however, his life is rougher than OOT Link's was, and he has already had some (better than nothing) experience on how to use a sword.

I just remembered that OOT Link has one edge in the melee battle, and that is his golden gauntlets. They give him such a large strenght advantage over TP Link that it's silly, a strike from OOT Link would probably be more than TP Link could handle if he was supposed to block it sword wise, and would force him to the ground if he protected strike to the head. You could say that Twilight Link has fought many people being bigger and stronger than him, but really, so has OOT Link, and unless TP Link presses the attack to the extent that OOT Link cannot handle, I can actually see them being quite equal....

Okay but OoT Link (even as an adult) still has the experience of that 10 year old boy. Nothing transpired during those 7 years. Link was basically asleep.

And also the golden gauntlets never improved fighting strength at all. It still took two swings from the Master Sword in OoT to defeat those blue spider things (I forgot their name) with or without the golden gauntlets. Also you mentioned that OoT Link can become invincible because of Nayru's Love but that would restict him from using any other magical ability and TP Link has Magic Armor which would have the same effect but manage to keep all his abilities in check.

Also TP Link seems to have more physical power (not including gauntlets) considering he had a sumo fight with the mayor of Ordon and defeated him not once but twice. Also Link can stop a charging goat and this was before he even left Ordon. Not to mention that TP Link managed to overpower Ganondorf in a sword battle when they lock swords. Overpowering Ganondorf (who has the Triforce of Power) isn't something a weakling can do.

Oh and the golden wolf never mentions the Hero of Time or Link. He just calls TP Link more and more like a hero. He never refers to OoT Link at all.

Also Link wouldn't be able to hit Wolf Link. Link would fire off a magic arrow and miss and he'll have to wait to be able to use another magic arrow giving Wolf Link a HUGE opening to attack Link with a dark energy field.

Really, TP Link takes this battle but not easily. Just because OoT Link started his quest when he was 10 doesn't mean anything. His experience is less then that TP Link has considering he is capable of defeating the mayor of Ordon in a sumo fight, stopping a charging goat, and overpowering Ganondorf himself.

kamikz
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Okay but OoT Link (even as an adult) still has the experience of that 10 year old boy. Nothing transpired during those 7 years. Link was basically asleep.

And also the golden gauntlets never improved fighting strength at all. It still took two swings from the Master Sword in OoT to defeat those blue spider things (I forgot their name) with or without the golden gauntlets. Also you mentioned that OoT Link can become invincible because of Nayru's Love but that would restict him from using any other magical ability and TP Link has Magic Armor which would have the same effect but manage to keep all his abilities in check.

Also TP Link seems to have more physical power (not including gauntlets) considering he had a sumo fight with the mayor of Ordon and defeated him not once but twice. Also Link can stop a charging goat and this was before he even left Ordon. Not to mention that TP Link managed to overpower Ganondorf in a sword battle when they lock swords. Overpowering Ganondorf (who has the Triforce of Power) isn't something a weakling can do.

Oh and the golden wolf never mentions the Hero of Time or Link. He just calls TP Link more and more like a hero. He never refers to OoT Link at all.

Also Link wouldn't be able to hit Wolf Link. Link would fire off a magic arrow and miss and he'll have to wait to be able to use another magic arrow giving Wolf Link a HUGE opening to attack Link with a dark energy field.

Really, TP Link takes this battle but not easily. Just because OoT Link started his quest when he was 10 doesn't mean anything. His experience is less then that TP Link has considering he is capable of defeating the mayor of Ordon in a sumo fight, stopping a charging goat, and overpowering Ganondorf himself.

Gameplay! Pure gameplay. I mean, do you honestly think that there is no difference in the weight of the Biggoron sword and that huge rock covering the entrance to the silver hearts? Link should be able to carry that sword with one hand instead of to, but that would make that sword overpowered, thus he can only use two hands. Same with the strikes, the enemies were already easy enough. If you think logically, of course the gauntlets enhance his striking strenght, it is the same as normal strenght. He has sickly much....

I have already said that TP Link is stronger normally, but with the golden gauntlets OOT Link is way, way, WAY ahead of him.

.............I said that OOT Link wasn't mentioned.... confused

And why would Link shoots magical arrows after the wolf? He could shoot normal ones, and he can shoot damn fast. The wolf cannot just stand and dodge them, he will be hit sooner or later.
And while Link has Nayrus love, I never said he would use other magical abilities, he can still fire his bow or anything like that.
And TP Link's armor is open at the face, if Link strikes him there he dies. It's just an magical armour, not a field surrounding him like OOT Link's...

Also, when TP Link's rupees drain his armor becomes to heavy for him to carry without being slowed down as hell. If we think logically, he is actually going to have to remove the whole armor to be able to run again, if he is gonna start stripping then OOT Link finishes him off....

MadMel
about the magic armour...if both link did everything in their adventure, tp link wouldve freed whatsisname by killing all 60 poes, granting him infinite rupees big grin
also, about the wolf..wolf/link could dodge things that moved as fast or faster than arrows eg. he dodged arrows that were aimed by expert marksmen, people who were just as good with bows as link...and they could dodge an attack from a poe, which is bloody lightning (unless ive got some kind of glitch that makes them superfast, which i doubt)..
i must admit the biggoron sword was partially gameplay, but without the gauntlets TP link wins the strength department..anyone who can stop a charge from a goat, a giant goron and gannondorf, and weild a bloody flail as large as lnik himself is friggin strong..

kamikz
Originally posted by MadMel
about the magic armour...if both link did everything in their adventure, tp link wouldve freed whatsisname by killing all 60 poes, granting him infinite rupees big grin
also, about the wolf..wolf/link could dodge things that moved as fast or faster than arrows eg. he dodged arrows that were aimed by expert marksmen, people who were just as good with bows as link...and they could dodge an attack from a poe, which is bloody lightning (unless ive got some kind of glitch that makes them superfast, which i doubt)..
i must admit the biggoron sword was partially gameplay, but without the gauntlets TP link wins the strength department..anyone who can stop a charge from a goat, a giant goron and gannondorf, and weild a bloody flail as large as lnik himself is friggin strong..

You have not done that part in the game have you? TP Link doesn't get unlimited rupees, he can just go there, ask the guy and get 200 rupees each time, it's not unlimited, it's just that he can aquire so much rupees everytime he goes there. NOT valuable in a duel that is, it would be like if Link in OOT went into a magic shop, bought a green potion and refilled his magic, then went out again to make Nayru's love for the fifth time or so....

You're kidding right? Those petty orcs as good marksmen as Link? Please OOT Link could shoot an arrow up to the sun...
And OOT Link shoots way to fast, he can shoot twice the speed TP Link shoots at, the arrows goes fast forward. The wolf does not move that fast, what you avoid is totally gameplay, but the wolf cannot and will not dodge all that. To Link's defence, I can say he hits those small crows flying in the air, that'll be damn harder than hitting a wolf directly in front of him.

And what's the ghost thing? They don't move fast at all............. confused

And I agree, if he did not have gauntlets then TP Link would have a little strenght advantage, but now he has the gauntlets so it doesn't matter. OOT Link has a HUGE strenght advantage...

ScreamPaste
I'm actually amazed at the flow of faulty reasoning supporting TP Link.. -.O;

Congratulations, I joined this forum just to argue in this thread.

"Better swordsman!" Er.. Pure gameplay. Sorry. The stalfos teaching him the skills innitially remarks he doesn't deserve to wear the hero's tunic (OOT Link's!) and many would speculate that the Stalfos IS OOT Link attempting to aid the new hero. .. Ever try attacking that Stalfos with TP Link in a way he didn't ask you to? You got RAPED.

So, they're either even, or OOT Link wins swordsmanship.

Masersword=Mastersword. Next.

Archery? Tie again, TP Link does kool crap, yes, but as was mentioned, OOT Link fires an Arrow to the SUN. Does the gerudo archery course, ect.

OOT Link=Silver hearts. TP Link.. Well no.

OOT Link=Gauntlets O' sexiness. TP Link gets to be a wolf with Midna on his back.

The wolf's insta kill moves? GAMEPLAY, it was to make the shadowbeast fights easy on Zelda nubs =/ Sorry folks.

OOT Link has magic, and bombchus, TP Link gets bomb arrows.

All in all I can't imagine TP Link besting OOT Link. Maybe I'm old and biased, too though. OOT Link's been my favorite since I got my hands on a pre-ordered copy of OOT.

The first (chronologicly, not 8-bit) Link seems to have been the most powerful Link, and to me that makes sense, first mortal being to earn the triforce of courage? Pwnsauce.

If it came down to a duel, I honestly think the beginning would resemble OOT's Ganon fight where ganon disarms OOT Link of the master sword, except now it's OOT Link disarming TP Link because of how rediculously imbalanced the fight is. Then ending something like the first time a Zelda player gets to the end of level nine without the silver arrows and how no clue wtf is happening. (lol, it happened to me as a child, and scarred me for life..) except here it's OOT Link toying with his descendant.

No offense to TP fans, but without gameplay arguments, this is simply an unbalanced match. I loved TP, great game, and cell shading is still blasphemy in my eyes! (/random) The fact is, ALttP Link is clearly>WW Link, unless you count that WW Link can do parry attacks and other bullnini that came from /gameplay/.

It's all relative. Right now TP is the newest full fledge Zelda game, naturally there are stil lecstatic fans who think TP>all. But once that calms down, TP Link will rest along side his blonde and brown (and pink..?)haired brethren somewhere between ALttP and 8 Bit Link. .. Actually, come to think of it, technicly if you count AoL, 8 bit Link=also incredibly tough, as he's the one to finally kill Dark Link. I'm going to go contemplate 8 bit vs 64 bit Link. That seems to be the only real fair fight, is the first and last Links, and maybe the Pink haired fellow from ALttP, though he seems a bit behind on the power curve.

Maybe TP Link vs all four Four Swords Links? Now that'd be interestign to argue.

Individually TP Link is definately stronger, but, four sword wielding midgets with floppy hats is a menace to anyone.
Anyway, /nerded.

I win, OOT Link wins, and you all owe me the last ten minutes of my life back DX

MadMel
im gonna forgive you for reviving this, since your a newbie, but might i suggest not doing it again??
it generally pisses off the majority of people here erm

ScreamPaste
I'm not sure how old it was, lol. I found it in a google search, still, noted. Apologies =p.

Yoshi Paradise
Yeah, because it's not like there's a date to each post. roll eyes (sarcastic)

General Kaliero
Erm, no, TP Link being the better swordsman is fact. He simply has skills OoT Link does not. Taught to him by the Hero's Shade, who I would assume is one of the first Hylian Knights (because there's no concrete evidence that he could be OoT Link).

OoT Link's swordsmanship is entirely self-taught. And when you get right down to it, is simply swinging a long bit of metal around. TP Link, however, learns actual techniques from one of, if not the best swordmaster ever to live in Hyrule.

Even WW Link is a more accomplished swordsman than OoT Link.

OoT Link's advantage in this match is magic. TP Link doesn't use magic at all, while OoT Link has the magic arrows and can use Din's Fire and Nayru's Love to great success.

However Nayru's Love is time-limited, and TP Link's Magic Armor negates all damage as long as he's got rupees to run it.

All in all, it's a very close match, and I think TP Link just edges out because of blade superiority.

MadMel
i was going post, but that kinda says what i would say erm
gj stick out tongue

Dark-Jaxx
Yeah, and you forgot to mention TP Link would rip OoT Link's arms off. He is far stronger.

First_Tsurugi06
^If by natural strength, then yeah pretty much. But if you include the silver/golden gauntlets, then I wouldn't be one to agree. Otherwise, TP Link's done alot more feats of strength (even though "rip OOT Link's arms off" is a total exagerration). As for "strong" (as in hefty n' tough) weapons, the Ball & Chain kicks the Megaton Hammer's ass in so many ways. Gameplaywise, it practically made bombs/bomb arrows obsolete (granted, the Megaton Hammer could also break boulders that bombs couldn't, but that's about all that the hammer matches with the ball).

In terms of skills with the sword, the only way OOT Link would be better is if that whole "Hero's Shade is OOT Link" rumor is true (I don't care how many people use "gameplay" as a counter--Zelda isn't a japanese action RPG, where everyone's battle prowess is exagerrated ten fold in battle). Otherwise TP Link's sword skills are the best of any Link that was given the privelege of three dimensions--he learned seven effective skills that show peak physical performance (and some slightly-above-human abilities), was already trained for God knows how long (already starting off in his game at around the same age as OOT Adult Link), fought Ganondorf more time at once than almost any other Link did, and defeated him in a sword-only duel on his own (OOT Link needed several items and Zelda to keep Ganondorf pinned at the end, and WW Link was backed up by Zelda with Light arrows--in TP Zelda only used them in the second-to-last part of the battle. Afterwards, it was Link and Link alone).

MadMel
the hero shade is more likely one of the great hylian knights whom the links are a decended from erm

First_Tsurugi06
Well like I said, I'm only assuming IF the Hero's Shade really was OOT Link which to fans, is backed up by I think the songs the character plays(howls), and the fact that he has a wolf as his alternate form (the reason Link became a wolf, according to Faron, is because it was a sign that he was the one destined to save Hyrule, and the Hero's Shade also comments that he "accepted life as the hero", then again, TP Link's trifoce marking also implied that).

MadMel
id say the armour was a dead give - away erm

First_Tsurugi06
...that is was some ancient soldier and not OOT Link? True, it didn't look two sh*ts like OOT Link (or any other for that matter), but some people never really bother with aesthetic appearances to contribute to their judgements anyway...

What matters though is that Hero's Shade is a pwnage character who got unappreciative amounts screen time Happy Dance

Dark-Jaxx
TP Link was able to push Ganon back in a swordlock, show any other Link that can say that. Granted, Ganon prolly wasn't in top shape, but still.

TP Link also had help though, all 3D Links needed help to defeat Ganon.

denaithemenai
not finished TP as of yet, im asking ppl is it a bigger game, as in Hyrule Field, Lake Hylia size, than OOT?

MadMel
its huge compared to OOT yes

First_Tsurugi06
But the field itself is broken up into "sections" so to say, connected via qucki narro roads (as opposed to just one big hunk of land like in OOT, but at least one section is at least the size of, if not a tad bigger than OOT's Hyrule Field).

Muhd123
I think the fight should be a duel. No magic armour, no nayrus love just a fair sword fight. TP link would would win because he is a better swordsman.

ESB -1138
TP Link wins this...pretty easily actually. OoT Link has no formal sword training or...really anything where as TP Link was trained to use a sword by a swords master and the Golden Wolf. Not to mention his strength is far superior than OoT Link's. He was able to toss around that giant Goron with little ease...not to mention he was able to best Ganondorf in a swordfight.

Plus his wolf form is shown to have amazing strength. He barely budged from a full on charging Ganon. That would be like a cat stopping a truck. TP Link is the superior of the two in all areas.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by ESB -1138
TP Link is the superior of the two in all areas.

Even magic? lol. But seriously, I'm not disagreeing with you. If it came down to swords only, then it's just as General Kaliero said, TP Link just has more abilities with a blade.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Even magic? lol. But seriously, I'm not disagreeing with you. If it came down to swords only, then it's just as General Kaliero said, TP Link just has more abilities with a blade.

Okay...OoT Link bests TP Link in magic but only because TP Link has no magic.

Dark-Jaxx
Well to be fair Link stopping a charging Ganon was due in part to an amped Midna.

MrHappyAxe
I'll answer this in two ways:gameplay, and logical...

Gameplay: first off, screw logic, this is a Zelda game!!! It has a city in the sky full of mutated chickens!!! It has colossal mountains with a giant evil rock monter in it!!! And the protagonist can turn into a wolf, get shot out of a cannon, get hit with a sword and not get cut, AND take a freaking laser to the face!!!(I can go on and on)... If Link(oot) and Link(TP) were to battle I'm sure it would be epic... but so you know my answer before i show my proof I'll tell you now to spare you some reading if you dont care...but I would say Tp link would win...and here is why:
people are saying oot link has got the golden gauntlets that would make him a super human...Bull S***!! As far as I saw from gameplay is that the only damn thing they do is lift a gigantic freaking ass pillar and throwing it, yes it is very impressive and I agree tp link could not do that... BUT like I said all it does is lift a boulder!!! really if it aided him in battle he would have killed gannon in one or two shots to the head!!! so quit bringing up the gauntlets because they don't change a thing in battle... look at it this way: Gannondorf: an evil, mastermind bent on taking over hyrule in most if not all zelda games he is in... HE has magic abilities even without the triforce, HE can create countless monsters, he broke the seal on kakariko that released bongo bongo, resurect volvagia, TRAVEL to other demensions (for christs sake!!!), conqure hyrule!!, he can transform into gannon!!!, create a copy of himself(phantom gannon),levitate, warp, he granted zant magical ability, not only survived an execution from the sages but killed one of them!!!,turn into twilight, possess another person, his followers can resurect him, he can escape that void place he was sentenced to after oot!!!(and as very little people know, the gannondorf that was in the very first zelda is the same one we have in twilight princess, so he pretty much doesn't age at all), now add all that up to the triforce of power....yea...

now think oot link(if the power of the gauntlets did aid him in battle) had a fairly hard time defeating gannon, now think tp link (who doesn't have the gauntlents) still had a fairly hard time beating gannon but he did it without the gauntlets!!! so if I was for oot link i would go with him without the aid of gauntlets because honestly that would make him+ the guantlets still = not as strong as tp link... understand... now on to another subject...

now lets talk about the bows, they are pretty much the same(besides oot having fairy bow and tp having heros bow), people say oot link can fire the arrow into the sun, well as far as i saw, as many times i tried, they eventually sank if you payed enough attention, well tp links sink too but closer to him...does this make a difference? really no... as far as I can tell they both go near mach 6(exagerated)...think of how close they will be... tp link isn't going to be 8 light minutes from oot link no they will be, at most, 20 feet away from eachother... so bows pretty much equal.. and quit with the freaking wolf crap... wolf link doesn't have to dodge them he can just run around in circles while oot link's efforts prove futile....sry little strong there....but I mean...have you seen the bulbos firing arrows at you while you were running(as a wolf) to death mountain? of course you have and i can say they are almost if not completely faster than links arrows and wolf link still dodges them while running... now think oot link and tp link in human form they both have shields so whats the bother?...

tp link has dual clawshots...which i only seen the left one in use only when he is climbing walls but still... they make a good stun gun...so think of that in battle clawshot vs hookshot? and the power those things have to pull an aproxamatly 160 pound teenager to anywhere it latches on!! its incredible but a hook? and a claw both easy to avoid but if a clawshot was to hit oot link then it could stick to his face and pull him to tp link(as seen done with other characters on super smash bros brawl)..if the hookshot were to hit tp link...well probably a more fatal blow to the face.... but in the unlikely event that they would make contact then either way it can all be fatal...

in gameplay you practically change armor instantly through pause... because it basically pauses time to the zelda world....so changing from the magic armor to regular armor is instant...

tp link has ball and chain...doubles as a shield and a range weapon...blocks arrows and some sword attacks, and best yet while your swinging it, it hurts anyone who comes within aprox. 5 ft.!! plus it hurts your enemy on the rebound!!!...

and really you could just mess with oot link till his magic runs out...

my answer is TP Link...

i could go on and on but then i wouldnt have enough space to explain my second part: logical

logical: well first off it isnt logical that a gauntlet with a golden plate would make you super human so rule that out... arrows going that fast? completely illogical unless fired from a railgun...the clawshots/hookshots are completely illogical...(forgive me i feel like im spelling logical wrong) magic boomerange: illogical, ball and chain: uh i can see it but with massive strength, magic: illogical, turning into a wolf: illogical, invincible armor: illogical, iron boots dont affect much anything, so that pretty much leaves them with just swords and shields and givin tp links epic strength and awsome sword abilities, i would say tp link...

now with all that junk included, its still illogical that those gauntlets would make him stronger...unless oot link has a robotic arm that somehow makes him a super human i just dont see it logically...and nobody has even considered the ocarina that can manipulate the weather, teleport you, and change night to day and vise versa is still illogical... clawshots as i said before are really pointless unless in the unlikely event he acually hit the other one...im am just sry to admit to all you oot fans that (in my opinion) Tp link would own oot link either way... and personally i've played both games and beat them both...

now if i offended anyone or pissed them off i am sorry... but honestly some of the other coments were incorrect and others were just plain "illogical" which pissed me off....so there is your answer happy?

ScreamPaste
mariofacepalm

Welcome to KMC, try not to bump ancients threads, I disagree with your arguments, am too lazy to explain why.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
mariofacepalm

Welcome to KMC, try not to bump ancients threads, I disagree with your arguments, am too lazy to explain why.

Actually, as long as it's not a pointless bump, he can bump up any thread he chooses, and he has raised several points, so, let him have his say... At least he's not re-making the thread, as clone threads get closed.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Actually, as long as it's not a pointless bump, he can bump up any thread he chooses, and he has raised several points, so, let him have his say... At least he's not re-making the thread, as clone threads get closed. True, although I did get in trouble for bumping this exact thread with my first post which made just as many points.

The Scenario
Based on feats and stuff, TP Link does have better showings of skill. However, OoT Link has superior equipment in general, as well as magic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.