7 Labours of Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
After seeing that the success of the mythical 12 Labours of Hercules, Odin decides to challenge his son, Thor to a similar contest. In order to prove his worth as a God of Asgard, Thor must complete all 7 tasks in A YEAR. He is allowed ANY means to succeed.

The 7 Labours of Thor

1. Bring back the hide of Thing
2. Move the Blob
3. Decapitate Wolverine
4. Shatter Captain America's shield
5. Steal Hal Jordan's GL Ring
6. Break apart Silver Surfer's Board
7. Remove the Gem of Cytorrak from Classic Juggernaut

Can Thor succeed and prove worthy of the mantel of Thunder God???

hunbu04
stop at 2

DigiMark007
Originally posted by hunbu04
stop at 2

Heck no.

...he could just lift the ground beneath him. Or overcome Blob's mutant powers.....he's wrestled a planet-sized serpent, after all.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

masterbruce
Remember, this is a test not only of Thor's power but also his intelligence and his resourcefulness.

He is ALLOWED ANY MEANS to succeed, so be creative.

hunbu04
sorry i meant to say 3

ExtraMision5555
....but who can decapitate wolverine?

masterbruce
Could he Godblast Wolverine and kill him. Then use Wolverine's claws with Thor's full power to cut off the head?

Or he could just rip Wolverine's head off like Hulk ripped WOlverine in half.

DigiMark007
Wolverine's joints aren't adamantium. In theory, his arm for example could be ripped from its socket.

masterbruce
Another way for Thor to accomplish this is to kill wolverine and track down Magneto. Then ask or force Magneto to remove the admantium from Wolverine's bones.

He has a year to complete all 7 tasks, so plenty of time.

King Kandy
he could get the power gem, and then do any and all of these things...

masterbruce
Originally posted by King Kandy
he could get the power gem, and then do any and all of these things...

If Thor can realistically track down the power gem and take it from its owner, then it is a viable plan.

Soljer
Originally posted by masterbruce

The 7 Labours of Thor

2. Move the Blob
3. Decapitate Wolverine

One and two are no problem. He could probably break the Surfer's board. Classic Juggernaut didn't have the gem in him - that was some of the PIS from the onslaught saga.

3? Classic Thor? I'm not sure. 4? Not sure.... 5? Does taking it from his cold, dead, body count? I don't believe that Thor could actually beat a green lantern, but perhaps with enough preparation he could. wink.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Soljer
One and two are no problem. He could probably break the Surfer's board. Classic Juggernaut didn't have the gem in him - that was some of the PIS from the onslaught saga.

3? Classic Thor? I'm not sure. 4? Not sure.... 5? Does taking it from his cold, dead, body count? I don't believe that Thor could actually beat a green lantern, but perhaps with enough preparation he could. wink.

This is not ONLY a test of Thor's might, but also his INTELLIGENCE. Can he find ways to do certain things that he might not be able to do on his own power.

If he doesn't succeed, Odin will banish him from Asgard and take back Mjolnir.

ExtraMision5555
perhaps eh could decieve green lantern
and steal it

King Kandy
If Thor can realistically track down the power gem and take it from its owner, then it is a viable plan.
Who even owns the power gem nowadays? Champion?

Soljer
This is not ONLY a test of Thor's might, but also his INTELLIGENCE. Can he find ways to do certain things that he might not be able to do on his own power.

If he doesn't succeed, Odin will banish him from Asgard and take back Mjolnir.

Well, Thor would have to first find the Gem of Cyttorak, plunge it INTO the Juggernaut, and THEN remove it.

Classic Juggernaut didn't have the gem inside him, I believe he tossed it into space, so that no one could tap his power.

masterbruce
Originally posted by King Kandy
Who even owns the power gem nowadays? Champion?

I have nooooooo idea, therefore Thor might not either.

ExtraMision5555
Well, Thor would have to first find the Gem of Cyttorak, plunge it INTO the Juggernaut, and THEN remove it.

Clasic Juggernaut didn't have the gem inside him, I believe he tossed it into space, so that no one could tap his power. laughing laughing

masterbruce
EDIT:

Task 7: Find the Gem of Cytorrak and become the Juggernaut!

Soljer
EDIT:

Task 7: Find the Gem of Cytorrak and become the Juggernaut!

Which would require him to be Cy's champion. It isn't just ANYONE who touches the gem, you know. Cyttorak must CHOOSE him to be the Juggernaut.

Though, I suppose that could be part of the labour...finding enough ways to gain favor with Cy. erm.

EDIT: On a side note, nice original thread idea.

thtadthtshldntb
If the Gem is actually in Juggernaut then that might be a problem, unless he gets one or more of the Infinity Gems.

As to decapitating Wolverine, all he would have to do is teleport to a black hole with Wolverine and hover over the event horizon and then plunge Wolverine from the neck down in. The only thing left would be the head.

SpunkySmurph
3 & 4 just both require Thor to track down Savage Land/Antarctic Vibranium.

Badabing
Is this the most powerful version of Thor?

Soljer
Originally posted by Badabing
Is this the most powerful version of Thor?

Haha, Rune King would clear this no problem.

So I'm assuming it's classic Thor.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
3 & 4 just both require Thor to track down Savage Land/Antarctic Vibranium.

can that cut adamentium?

masterbruce
Haha, Rune King would clear this no problem.

So I'm assuming it's classic Thor.

yep, Classic Thor.

Soljer
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
can that cut adamentium?

Yes.

ExtraMision5555
Yes.
oo

does anyone on marvel earth ahve it? or is it some ancient extinct mineral?

Soljer
oo

does anyone on marvel earth ahve it? or is it some ancient extinct mineral?

It's in the antarctic (hence antarctic vibranium). It's rare, but there is still a bit in the Earth.

T'challa also has some anti metal (swords and claws and the like) that Thor could always thieve if he so desired.

ExtraMision5555
It's in the antarctic (hence antarctic vibranium). It's rare, but there is still a bit in the Earth.

T'challa also has some anti metal (swords and claws and the like) that Thor could always thieve if he so desired.

wait

so black cat could theoreticly scratch throguh wolverine?

Soljer
wait

so black cat could theoreticly scratch throguh wolverine?

T'Challa isn't Black Cat. You mean the Black Panther?

I don't believe the Black Cat has antimetal claws.

And yes, the Black Panther COULD decapitate Wolverine. Anti-metal is a *****.

bigbran
After seeing that the success of the mythical 12 Labours of Hercules, Odin decides to challenge his son, Thor to a similar contest. In order to prove his worth as a God of Asgard, Thor must complete all 7 tasks in A YEAR. He is allowed ANY means to succeed.

The 7 Labours of Thor

2. Move the Blob
3. Decapitate Wolverine

Can Thor succeed and prove worthy of the mantel of Thunder God??? 5, and 7 are impossible.
Hal is in DC, and Thor can't really make his way there.

The gem isn't in Juggs.

RSSR
Thor just has to steal that nifty little bike that Reed Richards built to transport Thing to the DC universe....

I don't see why Thor can't just use Mjolnir to teleport there...Flash did it under his own power.

Priest

The 7 Labours of Thor

2. Move the Blob
3. Decapitate Wolverine

Can Thor succeed and prove worthy of the mantel of Thunder God???

1) Thor brings back Things head to odin.

2) He picks blob up with one finger and throws his fat ass into orbit.

3) Like Digi said before, wolvies joints arent made of addimantium, Thor could rip his head off easilly.

4) This would be tuff, King or rune king can do it easilly.
Maybe a god Blast can do the trick.

5) This would be aslo tuff, thor dosent have to fight hal, he could take him out and get him drunk with that good ol meed. Hal's ring would be easy picking after the end of the night,

6) Thor can break Surfer's board if he trys hard enough, i mean Cable did, thor can as well.

7) Find the Cytorrak gem..right?...with a year, thor is bound to find it.

Thor clears it big grin

masterbruce
Originally posted by bigbran
5, and 7 are impossible.
Hal is in DC, and Thor can't really make his way there.

The gem isn't in Juggs.

7 has been changed. Thor just has to find the gem.

ExtraMision5555
T'Challa isn't Black Cat. You mean the Black Panther?

I don't believe the Black Cat has antimetal claws.

And yes, the Black Panther COULD decapitate Wolverine. Anti-metal is a *****.

Err yes lol, i ment to say black panther
i frequently say cat on accident

yes panther

wow
i didnt know that

Brian Oswald
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vibranium

smile

SpunkySmurph
While we're off topic...

Could the claws theoretically cut Colossus?

Soljer
While we're off topic...

Could the claws theoretically cut Colossus?

yes

Comicbook_kid

Soljer
No feat of (classic) Thor's indicates that he could shatter Captain America's shield with Mjolnir alone.

Hal WOULDN'T be put to sleep, and would not have his memory erased.

The Surfer's board cannot be transmuted so easily.

Not saying that Thor couldn't do some of these feats, just saying your explanations are a bit off.

xmarksthespot
Hal WOULDN'T be put to sleep, and would not have his memory erased. I concur. Asking nicely would probably be a more viable option.

Comicbook_kid
No feat of (classic) Thor's indicates that he could shatter Captain America's shield with Mjolnir alone.

Hal WOULDN'T be put to sleep, and would not have his memory erased.

The Surfer's board cannot be transmuted so easily.

Not saying that Thor couldn't do some of these feats, just saying your explanations are a bit off.

I listed four feats of classic Thor that shows that he would easily shatter Cap's shield confused and I personally believe that he could put Hal to sleep. Hal is after all a human...and would be suseptable to this IMO...

Anyway, like I said, this is just my two cents worth........

Soljer
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
I listed four feats of classic Thor that shows that he would easily shatter Cap's shield confused and I personally believe that he could put Hal to sleep. Hal is after all a human...and would be suseptable to this IMO...

Anyway, like I said, this is just my two cents worth........

Busting mountains and Planets? Doesn't mean it will bust the metal that's even more resilient than the indestructible adamantium.

The only times we've seen Cap's shield broken is when the infinity gauntlet or Odinpower were involved.

Less than that? Not likely.

Also, Hal's ring prevents such simple sorcery as sleep.

Comicbook_kid
Also, Hal's ring prevents such simple sorcery as sleep.

I personally have never read or seen anything to disprove this....can you possibly provide some proof that says otherwise....why wouldn't the ring be susceptable to sorcery?!?

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
I personally have never read or seen anything to disprove this....can you possibly provide some proof that says otherwise....why wouldn't the ring be susceptable to sorcery?!?

The ring prevents anything unnatural or wrong happening to the system of the wearer.

This includes both suggestions you made.

bigbran
Don't know...
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7935/thor38809hc7.th.jpg
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/1889/thor38810yh9.th.jpg

Also, there is the option of a godblast...

Comicbook_kid

Soujaboy
Originally posted by bigbran
Don't know...
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7935/thor38809hc7.th.jpg
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/1889/thor38810yh9.th.jpg

Also, there is the option of a godblast...

wow...

Space M ummy
The ring prevents anything unnatural or wrong happening to the system of the wearer.

This includes both suggestions you made.

I've got it. The ring still needs to be recharged, correct? All thor has to do is stalemate GL until his ring runs out of power....if he has ANY means necessary, let's say he recruits pulsar to help him out (both were avengers) and Thor + pulsar stalemate GL (don't have to go for the win, just keep him busy) until he drops from exhaustion or the ring runs out of energy.

Then he just takes the powerless ring back to odin.

edit: I just remembered quasar was dead, so I changed quasar to pulsar. Pulsar can absorb and manipulate GL energy, making this fight VERY easy.

lilnutta12
good thread thor goes through,

liking the sig soujaboy

golem370
Why wasn't one of the tugging on Superman's cape?

quickshot
pass

The 7 Labours of Thor

1. Bring back the hide of Thing-too easy
2. Move the Blob- simple just offer blob food = moved
3. Decapitate Wolverine- read 4
4. Shatter Captain America's shield-Thor could steal caps shield take it to decapitate Wolverine and then anti-metal it
5. Steal Hal Jordan's GL Ring-just ask hal to allow him tosteal it
6. Break apart Silver Surfer's Board- If cable can do it, thor can
7. Become the Juggernaut-Trace it and offer cytorak an alliance with Asgard to get into his good books

masterbruce
Originally posted by quickshot
pass

The 7 Labours of Thor

1. Bring back the hide of Thing-too easy
2. Move the Blob- simple just offer blob food = moved
3. Decapitate Wolverine- read 4
4. Shatter Captain America's shield-Thor could steal caps shield take it to decapitate Wolverine and then anti-metal it
5. Steal Hal Jordan's GL Ring-just ask hal to allow him tosteal it
6. Break apart Silver Surfer's Board- If cable can do it, thor can
7. Become the Juggernaut-Trace it and offer cytorak an alliance with Asgard to get into his good books

Sorry, asking for the ring would be BORROWING, not stealing. Notice I specifically used word steal and not just bring the ring.

bigbran
Originally posted by Soujaboy
wow... Indeed.

outarddwarf
No he could never become the juggernaut. He either gets the gem but cyttorak won't grant a good guy the power. or he gets it and cyttorak dominates him and creates one of the biggest threats ever who wouldn't care if he completed the seven and odin wouldn't be proud of his son if he was now evil would he?

King Kandy
Originally posted by quickshot

You know... that would probably work.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.