Child Arrested After opening Christmas Present Early

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Koala MeatPie

Lord Evolution
That lady needs to be sedated.

WTF is wrong with her calling the cops on her 12 year old son....

debbiejo
Children are just damn evil today........... mad

Wait like everyone else for Satan Clause.

Rogue Jedi
dayum. my dad would just say "ok, thats one less present you have to open christmas morning."

debbiejo
What you got presents??? sad

This is where cognitive therapy came in handy.........lol

Rogue Jedi
yeah, my mom was gone and he raised us on his own, despite working 12 to 14 hour days. he really enjoyed buying us alot of presents for christmas.

debbiejo
Who?

Rogue Jedi
who? what do you mean who?

fini
Hmmm sounds like the boy needed more encounters with a belt. Damn spoiled children and people cant even discipline them the right way anymore. No wonder they are running amok.

lol, most police would have ignored the call, lol.

JaehSkywalker
discipline the kid. that's all i could say.

Syren
My first reaction was just What the f**k?

But then you read on and she says that the kid is a nightmare, doesn't listen to anything and so on. One less present to open? Oh well, kid still gets the rest of his presents so he's happy.

I hoped the little shit would have got the shock of his life, but he apparently showed no remorse. Beat him instead laughing out loud

xXxPunkchickxXx
Oh no do not beat the little boy. But replace all his presents with coal.

botankus
That kid is a moron. Not because he opened his present early, but because he couldn't do it without her noticing. When we first got a Nintendo, my mom wrapped it and we played it for days, wrapping it back up before she would come home from work, and she never knew.

lil bitchiness
This is one of the most retarded things I have ever read - to date.

botankus
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
This is one of the most retarded things I have ever read - to date.

That's saying something, Milla, considering you read the GDF quite regularly.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by botankus
That's saying something, Milla, considering you read the GDF quite regularly.

Exactly. Thats why I think its important to highlight the ''one of'' many many retarded sentances and threads.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by botankus
That kid is a moron. Not because he opened his present early, but because he couldn't do it without her noticing. When we first got a Nintendo, my mom wrapped it and we played it for days, wrapping it back up before she would come home from work, and she never knew.
i totally did that too!!!

PVS
your tax dollars at work

Lana
I think people are missing this...

Yeah, having the kid arrested is harsh. But it's not like he's some perfect kid where he has no record of doing stupid/criminal things. And this is also not including that I read in another article about this that he broke into his great-grandmother's house.

Gregory
I was just coming in to mention that. It's a hopeless situation ... the mother is a complete incompetent who has utterly failed at raising her kid acceptible. The kid himself is a viscious little brat who assaulted a police officer by age twelve.

What should you do when you're stuck in a situation like this? I don't know. What would I do? I don't know, and I never plan on finding out.

drewbiefan
OMG that is pathetic, getting arrested for opening a christmas present earlymessed I had my birthday present early!

Gregory
The mother brought the present, with her money. It belongs to her. Properly speaking, if the kid took the present without permission, it is theft.

If instead of stealing a present, the kid had lifted the ammount of cash the present cost from his mom's wallet while she was sleeping, would that make a differense to you?

(I wouldn't call the cops in that situation, either, but I wish people wouldn't over-simplify things)

Mr. Sandman
*BEEP*

Public Service Announcement to ALL parents:

Please, beat the shit out of your children. Thank you.

Have a nice day, and drive safely.

*BEEP*

drewbiefan
Originally posted by Gregory
The mother brought the present, with her money. It belongs to her. Properly speaking, if the kid took the present without permission, it is theft.

If instead of stealing a present, the kid had lifted the ammount of cash the present cost from his mom's wallet while she was sleeping, would that make a differense to you?

(I wouldn't call the cops in that situation, either, but I wish people wouldn't over-simplify things)

Oh, ya, but if my child opened a present i wanted as a surprise for him/her, i would tell my child off and just plainly not give the present tto my child or something. Not do that!

PVS
Originally posted by Mr. Sandman
*BEEP*

Public Service Announcement to ALL parents:

Please, beat the shit out of your children. Thank you.

Have a nice day, and drive safely.

*BEEP*

"beat the shit out of..." is rather harsh. however some kids need to get their asses whooped every now and then...literally.

drewbiefan
Come on, you would not do that to your kids would you? The child was wrong, but the parent had no right doing that

Mr. Sandman
Originally posted by PVS
"beat the shit out of..." is rather harsh. however some kids need to get their asses whooped every now and then...literally.

I just want everyone to know, the hyperbole was for comedic effect.

Syren
Originally posted by Lana
I think people are missing this...

Yeah, having the kid arrested is harsh. But it's not like he's some perfect kid where he has no record of doing stupid/criminal things. And this is also not including that I read in another article about this that he broke into his great-grandmother's house.

Originally posted by Syren
My first reaction was just What the f**k?

But then you read on and she says that the kid is a nightmare, doesn't listen to anything and so on. One less present to open? Oh well, kid still gets the rest of his presents so he's happy.

I hoped the little shit would have got the shock of his life, but he apparently showed no remorse. Beat him instead laughing out loud

eyes

Originally posted by drewbiefan
Oh, ya, but if my child opened a present i wanted as a surprise for him/her, i would tell my child off and just plainly not give the present tto my child or something. Not do that!

Read the whole article. Then think some. Then comment.

Lord Evolution
Originally posted by PVS

I say leave him alone with his uncle for a few hours and let him go to work on him....then she isn't guilty stick out tongue

Draco69
eyes

Read the whole article. Then think some. Then comment.

If you've read the ENTIRE article, you would have noticed that the kid had severe ADHD.

He suffers from a mental disorder that renders him incapable of making rational decisions.

Anyone who's study ADHD knows that a child with a severe case of it is medically near the realm of insanity.

The mother is entirely at fault, and she doesn't know how to take care of her child properly. He needs medication and therapy...not a jail cell...

The incident likely made it worst.....

Gregory
The more that I think about it, the more I believe that going to the police wasn't a terrible idea. The kid's a delinquent; let's not beat around the bush. He assaulted a police officer by the time he was twelve. Now, the mother might be a terrible parent--I assume she is, unless the kid hassome psychological disorder that accounts for this--but she didn't beat the shit out of the kid, she didn't kick him out onto the streets to fend for himself--she's afraid that something might happen to her kid if she's left to take care of him alone, so she put him into a system designed to reform kids like hers. It might not work--the system is pretty broken--but at least she's concerned about her kid's well-being and trying to do something.

And that, sadly, is more then some parents can say.

Draco69
The more that I think about it, the more I believe that going to the police wasn't a terrible idea. The kid's a delinquent; let's not beat around the bush. He assaulted a police officer by the time he was twelve. Now, the mother might be a terrible parent--I assume she is, unless the kid hassome psychological disorder that accounts for this--but she didn't beat the shit out of the kid, she didn't kick him out onto the streets to fend for himself--she's afraid that something might happen to her kid if she's left to take care of him alone, so she put him into a system designed to reform kids like hers. It might not work--the system is pretty broken--but at least she's concerned about her kid's well-being and trying to do something.

And that, sadly, is more then some parents can say.

Yeah. He had ADHD.

Gregory
I don't see ADHD mentioned in the article; can you point it out?

Draco69
I don't see ADHD mentioned in the article; can you point it out?

Well, no wonder.

The article is inaccurate. Stupid journalists....

This is what really happened.

http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a/boy-arrested-for-opening-christmas/20061206100509990001

Mr. Sandman
ADHD doesn't have anything to do with anything. I have ADHD and never had the police called on me. My mother ****ed me up and I never did stupid shit again.

I stole some crap from a zoo gift shop. my mother made me give it back and kicked my ass.

I punched my 3rd grade teacher. my mom kicked my ass and made me apologize.

I used to be disrespectful. my mom beat my ass. I choose my words very carefully now.

The parent is responsible, don't blame it on some ADHD.

Draco69
ADHD doesn't have anything to do with anything. I have ADHD and never had the police called on me. My mother ****ed me up and I never did stupid shit again.

I stole some crap from a zoo gift shop. my mother made me give it back and kicked my ass.

I used to be disrespectful. my mom beat my ass. I choose my words very carefully now.

Does anyone have the number for Child Services?

If you have SEVERE ADHD, you likened to the Joker in terms of mental capacity.

Mr. Sandman
Originally posted by Draco69

That's buuuullshiiiiitt. I've been dealing with this shit my whole life, why in the blue **** am I going to take your word over every doctor I've ever been to?

Discipline and temporary medication use and the child is fine.

Syren

My brother had ADHD and he's most definitely not insane. Yes, his case was severe, but it's down to intelligence levels and focus. My brother was bored out of his mind in schools where kids were taught the simplest things, while he knew more advanced stuff. He lost interest and kicked off, the doctors diagnosed him with severe ADHD and he needed special education and treatment. He beat my mother up, as well as me and other children, he was basically a menace. But fortunately he grew out of it by the time he was about 13. Had he continued throughout his adolescence perhaps the police would have been called, I don't know.

Please don't profess to know more than you do. It irritates.

Lana
ADHD does not make one completely mentally incompetent.

I have severe ADHD. Hell, my entire family has it of varying levels, but mine is certainly the worst. And out of my siblings? I'm the most well-behaved by far. And most people would not be able to tell that I am as bad as I am unless they spent a decent amount of time around me.

ADHD makes things hard, yes, but not impossible.

PVS

there are degrees of adhd. judging by the length and consistancy of your posts, i would wager that your case wasnt/isnt too severe.

:edit: forgot to add: you are right though, as its no excuse regardless.

Syren

If anything it's vice versa. ADHD doesn't mean someone is incapable of a high intake of information or of being able to control their brain. It's more an inability to focus and concentrate, right?

Lana
If anything it's vice versa. ADHD doesn't mean someone is incapable of a high intake of information or of being able to control their brain. It's more an inability to focus and concentrate, right?

Yup, and a tendency to be hyperactive. I really am a perfect example of it. I can't sit still, I fidget endlessly, and I simply cannot focus or concentrate on anything. But it's not made me some out of control idiot roll eyes (sarcastic)

Syren
Yup, and a tendency to be hyperactive. I really am a perfect example of it. I can't sit still, I fidget endlessly, and I simply cannot focus or concentrate on anything. But it's not made me some out of control idiot roll eyes (sarcastic)

And you're ridiculously intelligent!! My brother is now in the Royal Navy which is one of the most conformist jobs. Apparently kids with ADHD have quite a high intellectual state. It's boredom, that's what it is stick out tongue

Draco69

If they don't take medication and have therapy and are improperly taken care of, yes it can. Especially if it's severe.

I have severe ADHD. Hell, my entire family has it of varying levels, but mine is certainly the worst. And out of my siblings? I'm the most well-behaved by far. And most people would not be able to tell that I am as bad as I am unless they spent a decent amount of time around me.

His lack of therapy, medication and the fact that he's a child speaks testament the arrest was unnecessary and poor parenting, period.

Syren

His lack of therapy, medication and the fact that he's a child speaks testament the arrest was unnecessary and poor parenting, period.

I think the mother pointed out that she just wanted to shock him. Understandable, considering all he'd put her through. Shock tactics big grin

Gregory
Is ADHD the same as ADD? Because I had that, and managed to never assault a police officer. Or commit any crimes worth mentioning, really. Of course, my medication worked, so who knows.

Mr. Sandman
But fortunately he grew out of it by the time he was about 13.

Please don't profess to know more than you do. It irritates.

Exactly. Temporary medication and some discipline is all someone with ADHD needs.

I like you more now.

Out of curiosity, would you attribute your control of your ADHD to how you were disciplined growing up and how you have disciplined yourself over the years?

Originally posted by PVS
there are degrees of adhd. judging by the length and consistancy of your posts, i would wager that your case wasnt/isnt too severe.

:edit: forgot to add: you are right though, as its no excuse regardless.

It was pretty severe when I was younger. I got into lots of fights and couldn't sit still. It just takes some self control to get over it.

Spot on there little lady. I used to switch topics every 2 or 3 minutes when I was smaller. I still get bouts of impatience here and there, but it's all good.

Is ADHD the same as ADD? Because I had that, and managed to never assault a police officer. Or commit any crimes worth mentioning, really. Of course, my medication worked, so who knows.

Sort of. The H is just for hyperactivity. Its a more severe case of ADD.

Syren
Exactly. Temporary medication and some discipline is all someone with ADHD needs.

yes And lots of TLC stick out tongue

My brother used to do all sorts. I remember once when he climbed up the boot of a car and ran down the bonnet, jumped onto the next car and did the same with a row of about 8. When my mum asked him if he'd done it he denied it, then she matched his trainer with the prints on the cars and asked him, "What possessed you to climb up the bonnet and down the boot of all these cars??" To which he replied, "I didn't! I climbed the boot and ran down the bonnet." Mum couldn't keep a straight face laughing out loud

Lana
If they don't take medication and have therapy and are improperly taken care of, yes it can. Especially if it's severe.

How do you know the kid wasn't medicated, in therapy, etc? Does it say so in the article?

I like you more now.

Out of curiosity, would you attribute your control of your ADHD to how you were disciplined growing up and how you have disciplined yourself over the years?

big grin

I would say so, my mom raised us alone from when I was about 8 years old on so she had to be strict (raising three kids under the age of 10 by herself), and I had never wanted to be the sort of kid who always got in trouble. I kind of kept myself under control, I suppose, once I was old enough to do so.

Gregory
How do you know the kid wasn't medicated, in therapy, etc? Does it say so in the article?

The article says the kid was medicated, but that it didn't work.

Lana
The article says the kid was medicated, but that it didn't work.

So how does that equal lack of medication? One method they tried didn't work. That's pretty damn typical. For all we know the mother could have been trying every method under the sun to keep ADHD under control.

PVS
whatever the case, can we agree that it was a ridiculous act to call the cops?

if the kid was so harsh and uncontrollable, then there were plenty of adequate opportunities to teach this lesson and discipline the child. i think it was the right action, but for the wrong incident.

Syren
Originally posted by PVS
whatever the case, can we agree that it was a ridiculous act to call the cops?

if the kid was so harsh and uncontrollable, then there were plenty of adequate opportunities to teach this lesson and discipline the child. i think it was the right action, but for the wrong incident.

Maybe she snapped? I mean, it must have been a spur of the moment decision. I don't think everyone should be so hard on the mother.

ThePittman

PVS
Maybe she snapped? I mean, it must have been a spur of the moment decision. I don't think everyone should be so hard on the mother.

im just saying that she picked a superficial act to come down on by calling the cops, considering the other incidents. im not blaming anyone, but rather calling this incident silly, because it really is just that when you step back and view it for what it is

ThePittman

PVS
look, i understand. you're preaching to the choir.

now admit that its silly.

Mr. Sandman
Originally posted by PVS

now admit that its silly.

"Flogging the converted" is more fun.

ThePittman
Originally posted by PVS

now admit that its silly. If it was a stand alone crime or problem then yes it is a waste of time and effort unless you are using this as a shock value to turn around your kid but there is way more to the story then just a kid opening his present early.

PVS
oh i give up

Bardiel13
I'm with the parents on this. Although, I wouldn't have thought to call the police, there has to be something done about that kid.

Grinning Goku
She had him at 15, that speaks volumes.

ThePittman
Originally posted by PVS
oh i give up Why is it so stupid to call the cops on your kid who broke into a house and stole something, would it be any different if he took money or the TV?

FeceMan

jaden101
explains everything in one line really

PVS
Originally posted by ThePittman
Why is it so stupid to call the cops on your kid who broke into a house and stole something, would it be any different if he took money or the TV?

silly, i said the whole situation is silly...because you know...most of us raided the christmas gifts when we were fortunate enought to find where it was stashed....look nevermind. i guess im the only one with a sense of humor here, and unless dealing with neoconservatives, i dont like to draw negative attention to those less fortunate

Gregory
The situation is weird is what it is. Of course, a lot of people peek at their Christmas gifts, but this kid took it, lied about taking it, and then refused to give it back until they threatened to call the police.

Just ... weird.

FeceMan
Normally, I try not to be rude, but...

Anyone who says that this situation is justified proves the statement that "common sense isn't so common."

ThePittman

PVS

FeceMan

PVS
Originally posted by FeceMan

Grandma is last gen; the kid should have thrown the gift out the window.

end. of. discussion. probably wasnt even a second gen backlit gameboy.

ThePittman

ThePittman

PVS
i was under the impression that they lived together. the article doesnt seem to specify either.

Impediment
If I did something like that, my mom and dad would just spank the hell outta me for disobeying the rules and then make me wait until December 26th to open any presents.

Take my word: For a child, waiting a whole 24 hours after Xmas morning to open presents is worse than any torture featured in the movie "Hostel".

FeceMan
Originally posted by PVS
i was under the impression that they lived together. the article doesnt seem to specify either.
Same.

If the kid broke into the grandma's house, then he deserves a good beating.

ThePittman
Originally posted by PVS
i was under the impression that they lived together. the article doesnt seem to specify either. Most of the stuff that I have read have left that part out so they can beef up the ratings but the local news gave more of the story that hasn't gone national.

BackFire
The mother is simply stupid, lets take a look at her actions.

Kid punches a cop, don't call the cops. Kid shoplifts, don't call the cops. Kid opens a Christmas present early, she calls the cops.

Any reasonable mother would have issued the severe punishment of calling police officers for one of the most severe actions he did.

This is my favorite quote:

"I'm trying to get him some kind of help," the 27-year-old mother told the paper. "He's the type of kid who doesn't believe anything until it happens."

In other words, he's like every child on the face of the earth. What a dumb c*nt, what happens when you have kids too early, it makes you retarded.

PVS
Originally posted by BackFire

Kid punches a cop, don't call the cops.

well, lets be fair...i mean...why call him? he's right there

BackFire
Because it would be funny, obviously.

Rogue Jedi
child protective services, anyone?

office jesus

Just goes to show you that people don't really KNOW what ADHD means.

"You have ADHD? Oh. You're insane."

Fatima
poor kid ..

The Nuul
Ah, thanks Ush.

Wild Shadow
could we get a merge?

Red Nemesis
Regarding "Kids today"

AsbestosFlaygon
EDIT: Come to think of it, this article was 4 years ago.

LanceWindu
Why are we discussing a news article from 2006?

Wild Shadow
b.c some of us are in the yr 2006 dont you watch movies?

inimalist
I think it is fairly obvious LanceWindu hates movies

Red Nemesis
Agreed. He tells lies in his signature. all. lies.

meep-meep

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.