Psyquis Anime Review

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Psyquis52
I made this thread on a few other forums.

In fact I don't know why I'm bothering to put it on here because it hasn't done well on any of the others so I'm not sure what makes me think it will do well on here. sad

Oh well. Nothing ventured - Nothing gained! stick out tongue

Psyquis52
Azumanga Daioh
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/DAZBX2_C.jpg
Essentially the show is about a group of high school girls.
It's incredibly wacky, a little hyperactive and fairly entertaining.
The show is pretty funny and not at all perverted...
Which is a little bizarre but not entirely unexpected.
Not every comedy you pick up nowadays will by FLCL...yeah.
This show banks on the cute department and the friendly. There aren't any interesting plot twists or really any action whatsoever but the show does have some good characters.
It's a nice break from the frustrating situations in most shows.

I'd give the show a 4 out of 5
It can be a little too random at times

Psyquis52
Blue Submarine No. 6
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B000059MQ9.jpg

Premise for the show is that a mad scientist invented a new race of underwater creatures that were intelligent.
Then he successfully flooded the planet so the underwater creatures could have somewhere to live.

He then threatens to flood the remainder of the planet and a crack squadren of Submarines from all over the world attempt to stop him.
Eventually it comes down to one captain saving all of mankind.

Here's what I think:...

It's crap. Total crap. It's animation is okay and it's characters are not bad but it totally sucks. I was 100% uninterested from the get-go. Don't watch it.

I'd give it a 2 out of 5. I'd give it a lower score but the animation's really not that bad.

Psyquis52
Gunslinger Girls
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B000FS2VU4.jpg
Premise: Young women who are diseased or otherwise emotionally crippled are given to a government program. This government program turns them into cybernetic assasins or anti-terrorists.

I can sum this up in one word: SHORT.
Too short. Just when you're getting used to the politics and the characters it ends. 13 episodes long. Barely worth the effort. It was intelligent and semi-intriguing; but really all it had was lost potential. It could have been great but fell to just...so-so.
Hopefully someone will pick this idea up and run with it the right way.

2 out of 5.
As is it's not really worth your time as it is.

Psyquis52
Trigun
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B00005OW09.jpg
Premise: In a desert planet with a Wild West theme there is criminal worth 60,000,000,000 double dollars. He's known as the Humanoid Typhoon. Vash the Stampede. But Vash isn't the criminal everyone thinks he is.

If you are looking for a reason to start watching Anime or are uncertain of where you should start this is as good a place as any.
It's fun and action packed. It's hard to find an anime as entertaining as this. You'll find Vash to be fun and incredibly impressive with his skills. The villains are nearly as interesting as the heroes. And tell me if you can think of something cooler than a priest with a gun filled crucifix?

5 out of 5.
Practically perfect.

Psyquis52
Gungrave
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B00023BN74.jpg
Premise: Brandon Heat was betrayed by his best friend a long time ago. Now he's back from the dead to get revenge on him and his entire organization.

Written by Yashiro Nightow the same person that made Trigun. It's also animated by Mad House the same people that animated Trigun. It carries on some of the feel of Trigun in an Off-handed type of way.

It's much darker and more serious than Trigun. It's split into two parts:
Brandon's past up to his death ---- Brandon's revival and his revenge.
I enjoyed it. I wouldn't say it's as good as Trigun but it is a complete story and very satisfying on many levels. Also a few of the gunfights are amazing. I wouldn't recommend it to newbies but for a lot of anime veterans or even fairly experienced people it's pretty darn good.

3 out of 5. Just because I like it doesn't mean it's good, but it's not bad.

Psyquis52
Outlaw Star
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B00004TJG7.jpg
Premise: Gene Starwind runs a business with his partner Jim Hawking where they fix everything from machines to relationships. Sometimes they are willing to take on more questionable work. Their real money comes from bounty hunting. However, a new client has entered his life that would change everything.

This is my favorite anime of all time. The music rocks, the characters are interesting and fun, the action is awesome, the animation is spectacular, and the plotline is great. Of course...I might be biased.

I give the show a 5 out of 5.

Psyquis52
Gundam 8th MS Team
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B0001DCY6Y.jpg
Premise: The 8th Mobile Suit team has acquired a new captain and some risky missions, but the captain has never actually piloted on earth before. The captain attempts to keep everyone on the team alive while succeeding at all his missions.

The show is my favorite of all the Gundams although I have yet to see Gundam Seed. It takes a more militant approach than past ones as well as involving some interesting perspectives on the wars that are constantly going on in the Gundam universe. Ordinarily you take a look at the wars from the perspective of the latest in technology Gundam pilots or the crack squad of mercenaries. In this show you take a look at the wars from a regular soldier with some better skills and knowledge of his Gundam. Very good show but short.

3 out of 5. It has an excellent plot, however the script could've used some work.

Psyquis52
Kino's Journey
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B000AP31I8.jpg
Premise: Kino wanders from country to country with a talking motorcycle huh and hears stories from all kind of unique places. This is more of a hi-tech fantasy...kind of. Actually it's really hard to tell what it is.

Dark and thought-provoking. It takes you at least 4 episodes to figure out that Kino is a girl instead of a guy and about 3 more episodes to find out that she really kicks butt! Not that it matters how good her skills are. The show isn't about her skills and it isn't about life and death situations. Well, it is kind of life and death situations but she doesn't have to fight to get out of all of those. Some of the episodes don't make sense and one or two may have left me emotionally scarred for the rest of my life, but I would still recommend it. My only real complaint is that it's too SHORT!! C'mon! Would it kill these people to make a show longer than 13 episodes?

4 out of 5. For as long as it is it's damned good. I might have given it a 5 had it been longer.

Psyquis52
Grave of the Fireflies
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B00006HAWP.jpg
Premise: It's WWII in Japan and two children are escaping their home town to find help elsewhere.

I bet you're feeling pretty good about yourself aren't you? You aren't sick. You aren't poor. You aren't horribly crippled in any sense. You aren't emotionally scarred...yet. Watch this and all of that will change. You'll never feel good about anything ever again. Slight exagerration there but for at least a few hours you'll feel just about awful for sitting there and watching these two children slowly starve to death. It's so depressing that it would be more humane to shoot yourself in the head.
By far the most depressing movie I have ever seen and I've seen some depressing movies (Mystic River). I'm still trying to force my wife to watch this that way I won't have to suffer alone anymore.

5 out of 5. Spectacular...and incredibly devastating. It may be depressing but it serves its purpose perfectly. I'd recommend it...despite the effect it has.

Psyquis52
Akira
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B00005JG6Q.jpg
Premise: Umm...there's stuff...and...Oogedy-boogedy it. Kaneda is a bike gang leader whose close friend Tetsuo gets involved in a government secret project known as Akira. On his way to save Tetsuo, Kaneda runs into a group of anti-government activists, greedy politicians, irresponsible scientists and a powerful military leader. The confrontation sparks off Tetsuo's supernatural power leading to bloody death, a coup attempt and the final battle in Tokyo Olympiad where Akira's secrets were buried 30 years ago. (pasted from Amazon.com)

It was probably the first anime movie I saw based on the advice of many, many people. These people said that the first 4 animes I should see if I was starting was Akira, Ninja Scroll, Ghost in the Shell, and Princess Mononoke.
Princess Mononoke you should see. The other three you can avoid and not miss a thing. It does give you a wide spectrum on the anime world but Akira was not my cup of tea...at first. Believe it or not I had to watch this thing 3 times to like it. "Why on earth would you watch it again if you didn't like it the first time?" you might ask. My answer is you wouldn't understand unless you've already seen it.

4 out of 5. Spectacular story...but a little too odd. Unnecessary at times.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Psyquis52
I made this thread on a few other forums.

In fact I don't know why I'm bothering to put it on here because it hasn't done well on any of the others so I'm not sure what makes me think it will do well on here. sad

Oh well. Nothing ventured - Nothing gained! stick out tongue Hey I thought it was excellent, peoplle just don't comment on reviews, because it makes it look unneat. I'm making a games review today. Your work is much appreciated. smile

Miroku Herko
yeah they have no reviewing souls like us

Gregory
I read reviews; I'm just not sure that they usually require any comment on my part. Although Gunslinger Girl really isn't short; thirteen episodes is one of the standard lengths you find a lot of anime in, I think. Maybe a little more detail in some of the reviews; we know you think Blue Submarine No. 6 is "crap" but you didn't really explain why.

Psyquis52
Originally posted by Gregory
I read reviews; I'm just not sure that they usually require any comment on my part. Although Gunslinger Girl really isn't short; thirteen episodes is one of the standard lengths you find a lot of anime in, I think. Maybe a little more detail in some of the reviews; we know you think Blue Submarine No. 6 is "crap" but you didn't really explain why.

I'm aware that 13 is a standard length...I just felt that this particular show could have benefited from some more episodes. It was on it's way to becoming very interesting and fell just short.

Blue Submarine No. 6 wasn't good in the way that Batman and Robin wasn't good. It had a poor script, bad music, all the characters were uninteresting including the bad guy with a voice like nails on chalkboard. The battle scenes were okay but could have been better.

Essentially meaning that the show had potential for better and it was like the director didn't even try. He's off getting drunk and telling his people to do whatever crosses their mind. It doesn't have the same quality as I've come to expect from anime.

That better?

And thank you very much for your input. It helps me to know where I need to improve. I appreciate it very much. big grin

Gregory
Better, yes. I'll give it a miss.

StyleTime
I'm aware that 13 is a standard length...I just felt that this particular show could have benefited from some more episodes. It was on it's way to becoming very interesting and fell just short.
The problem with the anime is that it actually wasn't supposed to end. The manga is still ongoing and on volume 7 right now. The anime ended at about half-way through the second volume and episode 13's ending was false. I heard rumors that a second season of the anime is on the way though so maybe it'll be fixed.

Damn man, a 2/5 though? lol Most reviews give it a 4/5 with the one negative point being that it ends too abruptly. It's short but still quite good. Is this thread only for you to review? Can we "re-review" something you've done?

Psyquis52
Originally posted by StyleTime
The problem with the anime is that it actually wasn't supposed to end. The manga is still ongoing and on volume 7 right now. The anime ended at about half-way through the second volume and episode 13's ending was false. I heard rumors that a second season of the anime is on the way though so maybe it'll be fixed.

Damn man, a 2/5 though? lol Most reviews give it a 4/5 with the one negative point being that it ends too abruptly. It's short but still quite good. Is this thread only for you to review? Can we "re-review" something you've done?

Sure. Feel free to re-review it if you like.

Now I was pretty certain that the Manga was still running but the problem with the anime is that once you get used to the characters and start getting a real feel for the show...it ends.

There's no substance. There could be but all it is, is a show for you to get to know the girls and then it's over.

If it gets a second season I'll give it a higher score but until then it seemed utterly pointless to me.

You're probably right though. Upon rethinking the matter it may deserve a 3 but it certainly does not deserve a 4.

Psyquis52
I realize that I'm not the only one with an opinion here. That's why I left this open for a discussion but I will request that if you re-review one of these animes that you would post it like this:

2nd opinion
Title of anime
Picture of anime
review

No need to bog us down with a rehash of the plot unless you feel like I missed something important.

I'll be updating this soon so watch out! big grin

Psyquis52
Metropolis
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B00005V4XG.jpg
Premise: Metropolis is a story of how important emotions are and how they separate humans from everything else. The movie follows a young boy and his uncle (a private investigator). The story is set in the far future where humans and robots live together, unfortunately not in harmony. Many robots are forced underground and are terminated for entering unauthorized areas. They are more or less servants to humankind. The plot starts to unfold when the boy meets a robot named Tima and they get in all kinds of trouble. Never a dull moment when you've got a robot by your side.

I like it...........................................................
That's about all I have to say.

3 out of 5. Meh. Could have been better.

Psyquis52
Samurai Champloo
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B000F6SBAU.jpg
Premise: Two samurais bump into a strange girl who tricks them into helping her search for a samurai that smells of sunflowers. The two samurais are as different as night and day and are constantly looking for an oppurtunity to have a duel to the death.

It's entertaining, but a little unnecessary at times. I wouldn't know how to put it. The show is popular and I'd be lying if I didn't say I liked it, but I wouldn't put it on my list of shows to own. I've seen it all the way through. That's enough for me.

3 out of 5. Still fun.

Psyquis52
Let me take a second to explain the way I review things.

Bad = 1
Not really worth your time = 2
Okay = 3
Good = 4
Very Good = 5

That's how it works for me.

Also I refuse to review a anime until I've seen every episode. So you won't see me review Bleach or Naruto anytime soon.

Psyquis52
Full Metal Alchemist
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B0006H325C.jpg
Edward Elric and his younger brother Alphonse were living quite happily with their mother... until she died. So Edward and Alphonse decided to try to raise her from the dead. The resurrection failed, leaving Edward without an arm and a leg and Alphonse's soul attached to a suit of armor. Now they roam around the country trying to find a way to restore their bodies.

I don't know why anybody would not like this show. It's got everything!
Great action, hilarious comedy, suprising twists, and every once in a while something that is genuinely heartwarming.

I give this show a 5 out of 5.

Psyquis52
Cowboy Bebop the Movie
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B00005JMBJ.jpg
A tanker truck is blown to smithereens in the middle of a busy street, and a deadly viral infection is released with the explosion. The Bebop crew - Spike Spiegel, Jet Black, Faye Valentine, and Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV - are instantly after the culprit when the gargantuan reward of 300,000,000 woolongs is announced. But the case gets stranger and stranger as the cold-blooded Vincent Volaju, who supposedly has been dead for ten years, seems to be the prime suspect. Meanwhile, Spike encounters the dangerous Electra, who too seeks the madman. Conspiracies and secrets better left alone are uncovered, and Vincent's reign or terror is nowhere near over yet...

I've never been a fan of the Cowboy Bebop series but I'm a big fan of this movie. The villain is great and the fight scenes just rock.

4 out of 5. I highly recommend this movie but that doesn't mean it's the best.

Psyquis52
Final Fantasy Legend of the Crystals
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/6304726988.jpg
The premise goes something like this: An unknown entity is stealing the four crystals of the elements so that he can make himself immortal. One girl and her friend Pretz seek to gather the crystals beforehand to stop him and collect some unusual characters along the way.

This is what Final Fantasy should be. Big monsters, wicked swords, and chocobos. I'm not going to say anything bad about the other two FF movies but I feel this one better represents the FF series overall.

3 out of 5...it's also the most poorly made movie out of the 3 but it's still entertaining and funny as all get out.

Psyquis52
Hellsing
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B00008L3MH.jpg
Vampires and ghouls stalk modern-day England, hunting the oblivious populace. Only the Hellsing foundation stands between the evil undead and the innocent humans who would be their prey. But there's something new out there - chips that give humans vampiric ability and bloodlust are being sold as the latest designer drug. With a new wave of evil creatures rising, Hellsing must rely on its two most unlikely recruits - ancient master vampire Alucard and the newly turned Celes Victoria - but can even they stand in the face of such overwhelming odds?

I'm probably the worst person to write a review for this show. It has an extremely large fanbase and for very good reasons. The show has some of the most excellent music and art that I've seen in anime. It also has an incredible ambiance that resonates throughout the series.
HOWEVER...(that's a big however) it's not that good.
I actually said it. The fact is that it falls short of greatness.
There was something missing from the show that it never quite grasped. I couldn't tell you what that is but it feels incomplete somehow.

4 out of 5 Still a good show but not a great one.

The soundtrack gets a 5 out of 5

Psyquis52
Street Fighter Alpha
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B0000542DE.jpg
Ryu struggles to overcome the dark hadou when a strange boy shows up saying he's Ryu's brother. As characters roll in and out of the movie a darkness begins to unfold as Shadowloo scientists attempt to gather fighter data to create the greatest fighter in the world.

The art can be a little odd at times...like what the Oogedy-boogedy is up with Ryu's feet. They're the size of watermelons for crying out loud.
The action is awsome though. I only wish it allowed more fights from actual SF characters. Still, it's a good story.

3 out of 5

Psyquis52
Street Fighter II the animated movie
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/1573306886.jpg
Bison, the ruthless leader of the international terrorist organization Shadowlaw, has been desperately searching for the greatest fighter on the planet for years. He finds it in Ryu, a young wanderer who never stays in one place long enough for Bison to find him. He does, however, get a fix on Ken Masters, an American martial arts champion who studied with Ryu as a child under the same master. Meanwhile, Major Guile of the United States Army is forced to team up with Chun Li from China in hopes of apprehending Bison and putting a stop his international ring of crime.

The soundtrack rocks! You've got a lot of great rock bands on there, including one of my all-time favorites: Alice in Chains.
The action rocks! The plot...is...well it's a freaking SF movie! What do you expect? A lot of cameos and quite a few decent fights. Also - and this is important to note - VEGA IS FREAKY!!!

4 out of 5 - Not exactly spectacular but definately good.

Psyquis52

Psyquis52
Steamboy
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B0009P42S2.jpg
Rei is a young inventor living in the U.K. in the middle of the 19th century. Shortly before the first ever World Expo, a marvelous invention called the "Steam Ball", behind which a menacing power is hidden, arrives at his door from his grandfather Roid in the U.S. Meanwhile the nefarious Ohara Foundation has sent men to acquire theSteam Ball so that they can use its power towards their own illicit ends.

Okay...you remember that guy that did Akira and Metropolis? Well, he's back and he's better than ever. This movie was great. I enjoyed it thoroughly, but I want to know if we should expect a series or another movie or something because it kind of left you hanging.

4 out of 5 - It could be better but it's not easy.

Psyquis52
Ghost in the Shell
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/6304493681.jpg
The year is 2029. The world has become intensively information oriented and humans are well-connected to the network. Crime has developed into a sophisticated stage by hacking into the interactive network. To prevent this, Section 9 is formed. These are cyborgs with incredible strengths and abilities that can access any network on Earth.

Fascinating. I can't seem to come up with a better word to describe it than that.

4 out of 5 Very good.

Psyquis52

Psyquis52
The Castle of Cagliostro
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B000FGG5NK.jpg
Reknowned international thief Lupin III (known as "Wolf" in the English dub) comes to the small European duchy of Cagliostro to investigate some excellently-forged money and stumbles across a national conspiracy going back some hundreds of years. Lupin and his friends must rescue the beautiful Clarice from the hands of the evil Count Cagliostro and solve the mystery of a hidden treasure dating back to the 15th century.

If you like your Lupin (and I do) then...you'll be slightly confused by this movie. It's too serious. I was expecting more Lupinish humor but they didn't do it quite right. Still good but not very Lupin.

3 out of 5 Smart movie but not Smart enough.

Psyquis52
The Cat Returns
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B0006J28BO.jpg
A young girl rescues a mysterious cat from traffic and soon finds herself the unwelcome recipient of gifts and favors from the King of the Cats, who also wants her to marry his son, Prince Lune. With the assistance of a fat, grouchy real cat and a an elegant cat statuette come to life (both characters featured in Studio Ghibli's earlier anime "Whisper of the Heart"wink, the girl visits the Cat Kingdom and narrowly escapes again

Well, the cats are funny.

3 out of 5

Psyquis52
Spirited Away
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B00005JLEU.jpg
Chihiro and her family are on their way to their new house in the suburbs when her father decides to take a shortcut along a lonely-looking dirt road. After getting out of the car and walking along a path for a while, they discover an open-air restaurant filled with food but with no workers or customers present. Mom and Dad don't hesitate to sit down and dig in, but Chihiro senses danger and refuses. As night falls, she is terrified to see the area fill with faceless spirits, but when she runs to find her parents, she discovers that they have been turned into pigs. She is found by a mysterious boy named Haku, who promises to help her. He gets her a job working in a nearby building, which turns out to be a bathhouse for the thousands of Japan's gods and spirits. Though the work is hard and the people strange, she does as well as she can. Her parents, however, are still waiting in the hotel's stockyard, and Chihiro must find a way to break the spell on them before they end up as the main course of some guest's dinner.

A little twisted but damned good. I'd put this in the top 5 best animes I've ever seen.

5 out of 5 Must see.

Psyquis52
Princess Mononoke
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B00003CXBK.jpg
A prince is infected with an incurable disease by a possessed boar/god. He is to die unless he can find a cure to rid the curse from his body. It seems that his only hope is to travel to the far east. When he arrives to get help from the deer god, he finds himself in the middle of a battle between the animal inhabitants of the forest and an iron mining town that is exploiting and killing the forest. Leading the forest animals in the battle is a human raised by wolves, Princess Mononoke

I'd recommend this movie to anyone. Also in my top 5.

5 out of 5. Must see.

Psyquis52
Castle in the Sky
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B00005JKYG.jpg
A young boy stumbles into a mysterious girl who floats down from the sky. The girl, Sheet, was chased by pirates, army and government secret agents. In saving her life, they begin a high flying adventure that goes through all sorts of flying machine, eventually searching for Sheet's identity in a floating castle of a lost civilization.

I'm getting exhausted here. All these Miyazaki movies. It's ridiculous and I'm still not very close to finished with them all.

It's a good movie...just like all the damned Miyazaki movies but that doesn't mean you should watch it.

3 out of 5

Psyquis52
My Neighbor Totorro
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B0001XAQ0A.jpg
Two young girls, Satsuke and her younger sister Mei, move into a house in the country with their father to be closer to their hospitalized mother. Satsuke and Mei discover that the nearby forest is inhabited by magical creatures called Totoros (pronounced toe-toe-ro). They soon befriend these Totoros, and have several magical adventures.

Aaaaarrrrggghhh!!! How is a giant demon cat supposed to be cute? It scares the living crap out of me! It would also scare the crap out of anyone with any common sense.

3 out of 5 - still good...it is Miyazaki after all. Hmph.

Psyquis52
Porco Rosso
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B0001XAPY2.jpg
Take flight with "Porco Rosso," a valiant World War I flying ace! From tropical Adriatic settings to dazzling aerial maneuvers, this action-adventure from world-renowned animator Hayao Miyazaki is full of humor, courage, and chivalry. When "Porco" -- whose face has been transformed into that of a pig by a mysterious spell -- infuriates a band of sky pirates with his aerial heroics, the pirates hire Curtis, a rival pilot, to "get rid" of him. On the ground, the two pilots compete for the affections of the beautiful Gina. But it is in the air where the true battles are waged. Will our hero be victorious?

The American dub was voiced by Michael Keaton. Michael Keaton rocks! I didn't think this movie was going to be any good...but it was. It could have done with a little more dogfighting but it was still a good movie.

3 out of 5 I liked it but I still have to rate objectively.

Psyquis52
Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B00005V1XW.jpg
It is many thousand years in the future. Vampires once ruled the night but have seen their numbers reduced by fearless bounty hunters. One such hunter is D, the halfbreed son of a human mother and vampire father. When a girl from a rich family is taken from her home by the vampire Meier Link, her father contracts both D and the Markus brothers (a rival group of hunters) to race to retrieve her. As the heroes fight their way through Meier's hired guards, they begin to suspect that the girl may have gone with him willingly.

I shouldn't have to say anything about this movie.
I probably wouldn't even be interested in animes today if it weren't for this movie.
The MOST stunning art I've ever seen. Period.

5 out of 5 MUST SEEE!!!!!

Psyquis52
Dragonball Z
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B00000IC71.jpg
Goku is a martial artist....and so is Piccolo (except he's an alien) and Krillin (except he doesn't have a nose and he's a midget) and Tien (except he has a third eye) and Chiaotzu (except he's an evil death mime) and Vegeta (except he's pissed because he's not Goku) and Gohan (Goku's son) and Trunks (Vegeta's son) and Goten (Goku's other son) and Freeza (except he's a metrosexual lizard) and Cell (except he's a giant bug) and Yamcha (who in early episodes could be easily mistaken for a weak Goku) and Boo (who's fat or childish or just flat out bizarre)

Okay okay. So I'll some the whole damn thing up for you now. They are fighters and they power up and they fight each other....that's it.

This is not the first anime I'd ever seen but it was the start of my decent into the strange world of animes. At first the show is good and it gets interesting. You enjoy their training sessions and you begin to become attached to the characters. All the characters have their uses and you like them for it....then it happens.
The Vegeta saga ends and they go into space and everything goes straight to hell from there. They never quite recover from it. A stupid process of power-up / say something threatening / throw a punch / power up / repeat - starts and they won't stop. Fights that ordinarily take one episode are spread throughout 5 or 6 or even 10 in some cases. All the support characters that you liked...are useless now because it always comes down to Saiyans. It's worthless.

Raditz saga - 2 out of 5
Vegeta saga - 3 out of 5 Not bad
Everything else - 2 out of 5 maybe even 1 out of 5 in some cases.

Buu Saga - 3 out of 5

This is a hard show to review because it changes pace and style so often that it's almost like the writer is changing personality throughout the series.

Psyquis52
Gundam Wing
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B0001BMMG8.jpg
Thousands of People live on giant orbiting space colonies called "Sides." However, the Earth Government, which rules the colonies, is unjust and cruel. A group of revolutionaries builds five robotic Gundams and plans to send them to Earth to begin their fight for independence. Piloted by five young men, their hopes and dreams of freedom of the colonists with them as they descend to Earth to begin Operation Meteor!

My second step to becoming an anime addict and a good sized step up.
This show had the potential to be spectacular however it dwells far too long on political perspective and philosophy. The very insightful things they try to say end up contradicting themselves and are 100% moot by the end of the show. Especially when they say they are causing a war to help people stop having wars by changing their minds from a warlike nature that way we can have true peace but justice can only be found in battle and true battles are in war but I don't want to have war because I want peace but I have to war to have peace so there will be no more wars....

It's just as dumb as it sounds. Especially if you watch the episodes back to back.
The Gundams are pretty cool though and so are the characters.

3 out of 5 I'd give it a higher score but damned if all that fake philosophy doesn't get on your nerves after a little while

Psyquis52
Doki Doki School Hours
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B0009ZE9RG.jpg
A very short 27 year old teacher has an interesting time trying to teach her class. She has to deal with the eccentricities of her students as they present themselves over the school year. When you have an insane class (which includes a cross-dressing narcissist, an otaku, a dumb jock, a boy-band obsessed girl, a lesbian in love with the teacher, a homosexual in love with the jock, a guy who looks like a middle-aged man, a girl obsessed with material items and the vain rich girl), what's a person to do but hope?

As far as high school shows go this one's not bad but it isn't quite as good as Azumanga Daioh. It has it's funny moments but really it just feels like a cheap imitation.

3 out of 5 just because it isn't as good as Azumanga Daioh doesn't mean it's not good.

Psyquis52
Vampire Hunter D
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B00004Y7JH.jpg
D, a haunted half-human, half-vampire warrior, wanders the countryside of a feudalistic future, hunting his own kind while battling his own evil nature. Like a rogue samurai, the silent, solitary hero wanders into a small hamlet terrorized by the all-powerful Count, a monstrous vampire lord, and his demonic minions from a castle that casts a long shadow over the countryside. The Count has claimed the human Doris (who wields a mean cutlass herself) as his bride. D becomes her protector and--when she's captured by the Count's shape-shifting minions--her savior.

Well.......you can tell this came first. It clearly lacks quality, but then again it's fairly old. Still you'd think the music could at least match the situation. The action's peculiar and the only thing in the entire show that's even in the slightest bit interesting is the lead character, D.

2 out of 5 it just isn't good. That's all. Stick to Bloodlust if you know what's good for ya.

Psyquis52
Samurai Showdown
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B000087F38.jpg
One hundred years after their deaths, six legendary holy warriors are reborn to seek justice against the former comrade who betrayed them into the hands of an evil god! The six warriors search the feudal province of Edo questing for the last Saint Soldier, Haohmaru, and their sworn nemesis Shirou Amakusa. Will the followers of the divine light triumph over the forces of darkness, or is history destined to repeat itself? Before their hundred-year journey has ended, six samurai will prove that the only thing stronger than their holy blades is the steel of their wills!

I love the Samurai Showdown games. They are a total blast.

I hate the movie. It's not that good. That's about all I can say about it. It's just not good.

2 out of 5 video game movies suck.

Psyquis52
Panzer Dragoon
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B00000IC9N.jpg
A young man must partner with a dragon to save humanity from another dragon that kind of, sort of kidnapped his girlfriend.

What the hell is with all the screaming in this? You'd think the dragon would choose someone less...stupid to be his partner, but nope. He has to choose the single most idiotic person in existence to be his partner.
Everything this guy says he has to scream from the very start.

- HEY! I THINK I WOULD LIKE SOME WATERMELON! THANK YOU FOR THE WATERMELON! I WOULD LIKE SOME MORE WATERMELON! DAMMIT! THIS WATERMELON IS SOOOOOO GOOOOD!! SHUTUP DRAGON! I'M EATING WATERMELON! DON'T HURT PEOPLE DRAGON! I'M EATING WATERMELON! WHERE'S MY GIRLFRIEND DRAGON! I LIKE WATERMELON!

Finally the dragon speaks up and the first words out of his mouth are essentially the equivilant of this: "Shut the Oogedy-boogedy up!"

1 out of 5. This is bad. Go watch Street Fighter Alpha Generations and complete your misery.

Psyquis52
Tekken
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B00000F0VU.jpg
The best part of the video game Tekken has always been an animated prelude that sets the stage before you start drop-kicking your opponent's head. So it seemed natural to extend it into a movie, brought to life with artful anime illustration and an alt-rock soundtrack. All of your favorite Tekken characters are here as they battle their way through each other to win the Iron Fist tournament, where fighters of unequaled strength from around the world gather to test their strength in the gladitorial arena. Of course, intrigue and danger abound, with professional assassins, champions of justice, and those whose prowess earns them fear and respect facing off. Also, many opponents have deadly hidden agendas.

God Almighty! At least Street Fighter had one or two good movies before they went bad, these guys really like to jump the gun.
It has a decent plot but the characters lack...character. Which is funny seeing as the video game paints the characters so well. So the director really had to screw this up pretty bad to make the game this horrible.

2 out of 5 Eating a frozen lizard on a stick would be more fun.

Psyquis52
Hamtaro
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B0000AINL6.jpg
The story of hamsters who get together at meetings to talk about their adventures.

Here's the opening: http://www.zippyvideos.com/193505689376110...ro_-_opening_1/

It's a show about hamsters....
It's a very cute show....
It's not bad. Really. It's not that bad.
If you are going to watch a show with a kid it might as well be this.

3 out of 5 Crum crum....

Psyquis52
Battle Arena Toshinden
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/1562196308.jpg
One year ago, the battle between Master Swordsman Eiji Shinjo and the infamous Gaia was interrupted by agents of the sinister "Organization." Now, someone is hunting down the champions of the Battle Arena. At last, the ultimate battle between the greatest fighters in the world will finally be decided. But if Eiji should lose, his friend Ellis will die.... Based on the smash-hit video game.

There was a video game that was really bad and fairly popular. They decided to make a movie about it...and it sucked.

1 out of 5 don't watch it. Please don't do it. It's safer if you don't.

Psyquis52
Neon Genesis Evangelion
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B000068OIY.jpg
When the Angels start attacking the planet Earth in the year 2015, only a handful of 14-year-old EVA pilots are able to stop them. The weak-minded Shinji Ikari suddenly finds himself forced to pilot EVA-01, a giant organic mecha, designed and constructed by NERV, that is the only thing that can stop the Angels.

Enough with the bad shows already.

Okay, this show is extremely popular. It's also really good. Don't be shocked if you end up enjoying it.
HOWEVER - it has the worst ending of any anime I've ever seen. Bar-none. It's awful. It's confusing and attempts to be poetic but falls into the realm of total stupidity. Why must there be so much philosophy in tv shows involving giant mechs? Just smack the living @#$% out of the other guy for crying out loud. Don't contemplate life, justice or what side of bread to butter; just beat the living @#$% out of the other guy. That's why they give you the big damn mech!

4 out of 5. It would get a 5 if it ended any differently.

Psyquis52
The Scrapped Princess
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B0009KQOV0.jpg
The adventures of a princess prophesized to destroy the world and her magic using sibling warrior bodyguards determined to protect her.

Really that's all there is to it, but the show is spectacular. It's enticing and incredibly fun. I absolutely love it. My wife and I were addicted to it for a long time. Also it has one of the best endings in anime.

4 out of 5 very good.

Psyquis52
Akagi
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/a557al.jpg
Mahjong is a game played heavily by gamblers and criminals in Japan. In the deep underworld a young man will become a legend and bring down many men by playing this game.

The show starts when Akagi is just 13 and it ends when he's 20 or something. Anyway, it doesn't matter. The entire show is about Mahjong and how the gambles can become increasingly dangerous.

26 episodes of this. 26! Kino's journey was intriguing and intelligent and we only got 13 of that but we get 26 episodes of some people playing a game that nobody could ever fully understand. It's ridiculous.
The show isn't bad really. Akagi is heartless, daring, and very smart. It's kind of a super-intense poker game that you don't get.
If that was all there was to the show it would actually be decent but it isn't because it tries to add intensity by making fully illustrated metaphors.

Also it has the worst starting song I've ever heard. Bar-none.

2 out of 5 The show starts strong and ends weak.

Psyquis52
Paranoia Agent
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B0002IQHCU.jpg
"When the darkness overcomes the heart, Little Slugger appears...." After the first victim's story, the police felt the overly stressed woman was having a breakdown and lied to cover-up for some crime. However, after the third and fourth attacks upon unrelated victims led to the same description of a young attacker with a golden baseball bat and in-line skates, the police had to wonder- is the "Lil' Slugger" real or a sinister phantom?

You'll never be able to figure out if Lil Slugger is real or not on your own, because nobody could guess that kind of insanity.
This show is amazing...at first. Scary later and then just flat out weird.
Still I feel it's very much worth your while. If you're looking for something that has more of an ominous feel to it then this is a great place to start.

4 out of 5 Great start up too. The intro is scary in itself...of course so is the ending theme.

Psyquis52
Cowboy Bebop
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B0009WFEJQ.jpg
Spike Spiegel is a bounty hunter in the far future with an easy going attitude and some deadly skill at martial arts. Together with his partners, Jet Black, and later Faye Valentine as well, they go to job to job across the galaxy looking for the high priced fugitives to bag. Along the way, the bad guys are in for a load of hurt and frustration from these characters.

Ed is funny. I don't care who you are, she is funny.

I'm not sure what to tell you about this show. It's definately worth watching. Each episode is unique in itself with facinating characters and awesome action (when there is any). Sometimes the show drags, but it balances itself rather nicely.
The music is great, the animation is fast, and the stories are usually very good.
I wish it was longer though.

Now here's the most important part: The ending.
The show starts good and ends incredible! It's one of the best (maybe THE best) endings I've ever seen! I won't spoil it for you but you should go check it out pronto! It's awesome.

4 out of 5 It's so close to a 5 it's disgusting, but some of the episodes are just too boring and the series just isn't long enough.

Psyquis52
Love Hina
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B000EXOAFY.jpg
When Keitaro was a child, he was friends with a little girl. When the girl had to move away, the two made a promise to meet each other at Tokyo University when they grew up. Years later, Keitaro has failed his entrance exam twice, and his parents refuse to support him any longer. His grandmother gives him refuge and employment as caretaker of her inn, which just happens to serve as a female dormitory. The eclectic group of tenants tease, annoy and berate him to no end. Still, Keitaro won't ever give up his promise to meet his childhood friend again, even though he can't remember her name.

Are you a pervert? Have you been looking for a good comedy that's also perverted? Well look no further perverts! Love Hina has come to save the day. With incredibly perverted moments that get progressively worse as the series continues and is borderline Hentai.

But it is funny and semi-entertaining but mostly it's just frustrating.

3 out of 5 It's not bad. There's a reason it's so popular.

Psyquis52
FLCL (Fooley Cooley)
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B00005TPKX.jpg
Naota is a normal student living with his abnormal father and grandfather. One day, a seemingly insane girl named Haruko blazes in from out of nowhere on her Vespa, wielding an electric guitar with a buzzsaw! Haruko moves in with Naota under the pretense of being a housekeeper, but Naota knows there's something obviously strange about her. To make matters worse, large shapes are growing out of his head, hatching into large monsters that Haruko makes her mission to kill. Who is Haruko really, and what is she after? You won't find out until the end of this bizarre story.

I remember the first time I saw an episode from this show. I thought there was something really wrong with me. It cracked me up and half the time I didn't even know why. It's very random, very odd and the only real fans it has are hyperactive Junior High perverts.
The soundtrack is awesome

3 out of 5...I'm still not sure it was an actual show or if someone slipped me some drugs and I was just tripping the entire time.

Psyquis52

Psyquis52
Damekko Doubutsu
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/Wolf.jpg
Uruno, a useless wolf, is on the road searching for a new place to call home. He soon comes upon a whole forest full of "useless animals"-- that is, animals that don't live up to their species' usual character. After a short fight with the smoking, bad-tempered rabbit, Usahara, Uruno decides that he wants to move on... but changes his mind upon meeting Chiiko, a clumsy cheetah girl. It's love at first sight for Uruno, and after deciding to stay for her, he continues to hope that even though he's a good-for-nothing, he'll win her over someday. That is, if living with the other strange residents of the forest-- including the aformentioned smoking rabbit, a sake-drinking unicorn, a near-sighted owl, a travelling saleswoman bear, and a shy pegasus --doesn't get to him first.

Perhaps you didn't believe me when I said I'd watch anything. If you didn't believe me before I'm pretty certain you'll believe me now.

After searching through hundreds and hundreds of episodes of many different animes I have finally found the character that I most relate to.
And he's useless. The lead character of this show is 100% useless much like myself and no matter what he does things end up useless.

It reminds me of my big exercising fit where I dieted and exercised for 6 months straight. 4 hours a day. Every day of the week...
And I didn't lose a single inch on my waist.
Or of when I had earned 1,000 dollars in one week of work and my car fell apart the next week.
Or when I thought I was in love with this person and she ended up marrying a guy in Indy that was just like me only taller.

Luckily I'm married now so none of that crap matters...except the money. I could use that money right about now. sad

Anyway the show is entertaining but short. Each episode runs about 10 mins. Maybe more...maybe less. It's hard to say. Aside from being short I loved it. It was pointless to a "T" and fun all around.
Since it's so short it's better suited for those with a short attention span or for killing time when something else is going on. It's about the best way to do it to.

3 out of 5 I almost gave it a 4 but I was a little biased toward it.
I'd recommend this to anyone. Seriously.
If you can't find any episodes then just go to www.crunchyroll.com

Psyquis52
I know, I know...everybody hates me. It's okay, but these reviews aren't fan service. They're actual reviews of actual animes for those who have never seen animes before. I'm trying to help newcomers to find something a little more to their liking.

outarddwarf
Gunslinger Girls
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B000FS2VU4.jpg
Premise: Young women who are diseased or otherwise emotionally crippled are given to a government program. This government program turns them into cybernetic assasins or anti-terrorists.

I can sum this up in one word: SHORT.
Too short. Just when you're getting used to the politics and the characters it ends. 13 episodes long. Barely worth the effort. It was intelligent and semi-intriguing; but really all it had was lost potential. It could have been great but fell to just...so-so.
Hopefully someone will pick this idea up and run with it the right way.

2 out of 5.
As is it's not really worth your time as it is. This is what my friend zack asked to get for his christmas present!

outarddwarf
Love Hina
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B000EXOAFY.jpg
When Keitaro was a child, he was friends with a little girl. When the girl had to move away, the two made a promise to meet each other at Tokyo University when they grew up. Years later, Keitaro has failed his entrance exam twice, and his parents refuse to support him any longer. His grandmother gives him refuge and employment as caretaker of her inn, which just happens to serve as a female dormitory. The eclectic group of tenants tease, annoy and berate him to no end. Still, Keitaro won't ever give up his promise to meet his childhood friend again, even though he can't remember her name.

Are you a pervert? Have you been looking for a good comedy that's also perverted? Well look no further perverts! Love Hina has come to save the day. With incredibly perverted moments that get progressively worse as the series continues and is borderline Hentai.

But it is funny and semi-entertaining but mostly it's just frustrating.

3 out of 5 It's not bad. There's a reason it's so popular. I still think this one should be like a 4. Though I am a pervert ( evil face ) I liked this simply for the crap that the guy has to go through while just trying to survive life and live up to his expectations. I can identify with Keitaros trials of life and the decisions he has to make. But that is just me.

Psyquis52
It's not that they're bad shows. It's just that I feel they lack a certain quality that would place them a step above the rest. Love Hina was almost there. It's got great characters but it played a bit too much off of it's frustrating situations and wouldn't bring any real resolution to the show.

boobsmagee
bah ive seen alot of these myself, not allt hough considering i cant afford to lol, but i think u overated hamataro lol, but otherwise i think most of your reviews are pretty solid big grin i cant believe these havnt pickd up on other sites embarrasment

cant wait to see more, if uve seen elfen lied id like to see a review of that heard its good but cant remember what its supposed to be about big grin

Psyquis52
That's the first recommendation I recieved.

You're right. I probably overrated Hamtaro. I'll pick up Elfen Lied next based off your advice. big grin

boobsmagee
yah i just recently saw the first four episodes big grin its amazing

and i dont remember if u gave one for this but i also recently started great teacher onizuka and its also quite good lol

Psyquis52
I haven't started it yet. I'm kind of going about it on random. There's a lot of animes I've started but haven't finished yet. I'm going to start finishing those up soon and getting reviews made.

Psyquis52
Ar Tonelico OVA
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/p1004104512.jpg
At a time when Orica is saddened over her inability to fulfill her role as a Lavateil, or one who can control magical powers through singing Hymns, Laina`s airship comes crashing down upon her from the sky. Both of them search for an engineer to repair his airship, meeting Cruze. In the process, Laina inadvertently teaches Orica that the key to singing a successful Hymn is to want to help others from the bottom of one`s heart.

It's based on a RPG that I'm unfamiliar with. I'm pretty sure it thrills people who are familiar with it but for me it was just a more enjoyable Panzer Dragoon. Which means it was stupid but at least it was fun. Conversations were usually entertaining and the action (what action there was) wasn't too bad.

3 out 5 - nothing special, but not particularly bad.

Psyquis52
Gundam Seed
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/cat20w-machine20gun.jpg
The confrontation between the Earth Alliance (Naturals) and Zaft (Coordinators), which originated in economic friction, reached a stalemate. Ultimately, the two sides opted for the last resort of diplomacy - in other words, they went to war. Our story begins roughly a year later. Heliopolis, a resource satellite belonging to a neutral nation, is suddenly attacked by a Zaft mobile suit force. Their goal is to seize the Atlantic Alliance's newest Gundam mobile suits, which the Alliance has produced here amid total secrecy. The raid is successful, and Zaft captures four of the Gundams. Kira Yamato, a student at an industrial college, is drawn into the conflict when he is reunited with his old friend Aslan Zara. Tragically, Kira finds that his comrade Aslan and the other Coordinators are now his enemies. For patriotism's sake, Aslan sets out to defeat Kira. One against four... the battle of the Gundams begins!

Quite possibly the best Gundam series I've seen yet. The characters are interesting and conflicted. The Gundams lack the character of past ones but they're still pretty cool. There isn't a lot of humor in the show. Mostly it just shocks you with serious situations and various battles. I've seen far more intelligent animes but not many that were this interesting. It's hard to say what it was exactly about the show that was better than past incarnations. Perhaps it's just my imagination but I feel that this one just ran better.

4 out of 5 - not for the art, not for the music, not for the characters, not for the Gundams. Just the plot and work of the show is better overall.

Psyquis52
Macross Plus
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B000063K0M.jpg
In 2040 A.D. on the colonial planet Eden, the Ministry of Defense is testing and developing a transforming super-stealth aircraft, a new advanced defense to counter alien attacks. Isamu Dyson is an extrovert jet fighter maverick assigned as a new test pilot on project Super Nova. Competition heats up when he discovers that his old rival Guld is a test pilot for the competing project. The arrival of Myung, a mutual ex-girlfriend, adds more tension to the conflict.

The animation is a little old but the music never dies! This spectacular soundtrack is worth watching the movie in itself. The action is cool and the concept is very cool. The plot and script are well written. All-around this is a good anime. Worth your time and the soundtrack is just worth buying.

4 out of 5 - aren't you happy?

Psyquis52
Appleseed
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B0007OY31G.jpg
It`s 2131 A.D.. Deunan Knute had been a soldier in the battlefields for most of her life. When the World War ends, she`s transported to the city of Olympus to live peacefully and finds out that, in an effort to protect the human race from future wars, humans have created the Bioriods, a geneticaly enhanced race of people that have restrained feelings and therefore cannot hurt each other.
She discovers, however, that not everyone is happy with this Human-Bioriod symbiosis: many humans treat Bioriods as a lower species and a threat to their future, the human-controlled Military is seeking annihilation of all Bioriods and the Bioriod-controlled government is afraid of a coup d` etat.
The task falls on Deunan to bring peace to the world again. In this she`s aided by her former lover, Briareos, who has lost his body in war and has become a cyborg: a brain in an artificial body.

Beautiful movie on many levels. Some very cool action scenes, interesting music, and a fairly interesting plot. The characters are a little bland but the plot makes up for it. Not one of best animes I've ever seen but far from the worst.

4 out of 5 - I've been lucky lately. I can't seem to find a really bad anime.

Psyquis52

Psyquis52
Blood the Last Vampire
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B00005NG6U.jpg
At the Yokota Base in Japan, a nervous American military is on the brink of the Vietnam War. But a greater threat exists within the walls of the heavily-guarded compound: Vampires. A team of top-secret undercover agents learns of these blood-sucking fiends, and dispatches the mysterious Saya to hunt down and destroy them. This beautiful yet dangerous vampire slayer must use her extraordinary abilities and lethal Japanese sword to save the humans from the vampires who fear no sunlight.

What? I mean What? It couldn't have been any better than they made it but really it just feels like a really long episode of an Anime that doesn't exist. What does that mean? It means the characters are drawn out enough, the action's not quite good enough, the plot's not quite well-written enough but it still doesn't fall into a bad category.

3 out of 5 - still not bad.

Psyquis52
Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B0002Q9VTI.jpg
Two years after meeting Aoi, Kaoru and gang are still up to their normal habits. Koaru now in grad school and the tenents being as rowdy as ever what will become of Aoi and Kaoru's love.
Two years has passed since Aoi and Kaoru were freed from the bonds of their families. They continue to live their normal lives with their usual friends in their house.

It doesn't really expand on the show or give you more closure, but it's a nice addition if you enjoyed the first season so much.

3 out of 5 - nothing added / nothing subtracted

Psyquis52
Love Hina Again
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B0001BMMCC.jpg
Keitaro, Naru, and all their friends are back in an animated series based after both the specials. Keitaro's still trying to get Naru, but he isn't the only one. Of course, the other person's trying to get Naru in a different way. Keitaro's sister, Kanako, has moved into the house as the temporary manager. From the start, she has a grudge against Naru, because of her "relationship" with Keitaro. Kanako tries everything she can to make sure Keitaro and Naru can never be together, ever.

A good addition to the first series. This brings closure to a show that desperately needed it. Although, I'm not entirely thrilled about Kanako's character. I find her to be an unnecessary addition. They could have done this without her really.

3 out 5

OKAY!!!!! I know people feel like I've been unfair to the show because I've given both installments a 3 out of 5.
HOWEVER!!!! If you combine the two and watch them back to back then I increase the score to...

4 out of 5 - it adds the necessary closure that the show needed and does it well.

Psyquis52
Aishiteruze Baby
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/azbaby.jpg
Kippei Katakura is a high school playboy who would flirt with any girl he sees. His life was turn upside down when one day, his 5-year old cousin Yuzuyu shows up at his house after her mother had seemingly abandoned her. And now, Kippei has been handed the task of taking care of Yuzuyu for the time being, and he must learn how to become the "mother" that Yuzuyu needs.

I still don't really know why I decided to watch this. I don't regret it necessarily but this is a really sissy show. Very touchey-feeley. I'm guessing that most of the people reading this aren't exactly the touchey-feeley kind of people that would like this. However, it's a well-written show with some sound advice for those of you who don't know what to do with your girlfriend or wife.

3 out of 5 - meh.

Psyquis52
Nine NEW reviews! What a run!

Oh who am I kidding? Out of the nine reviews there may be two you're interested in.

Emperor Ashtar
Metropolis
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B00005V4XG.jpg
Premise: Metropolis is a story of how important emotions are and how they separate humans from everything else. The movie follows a young boy and his uncle (a private investigator). The story is set in the far future where humans and robots live together, unfortunately not in harmony. Many robots are forced underground and are terminated for entering unauthorized areas. They are more or less servants to humankind. The plot starts to unfold when the boy meets a robot named Tima and they get in all kinds of trouble. Never a dull moment when you've got a robot by your side.

I like it...........................................................
That's about all I have to say.

3 out of 5. Meh. Could have been better.

Blasphemy, it should have gotten a 10/5

~Forever*Alone~
i appreciate that you've written these reviews, because i have a hard time finding good animes to watch.

i also enjoy reading your reviews.

thank you smile

Psyquis52
Wow! Thank you very much for your compliments. I appreciate it very much.

I'll try to get on to some more popular animes this time.

I'll try to review Berserk, Witch Hunter Robin, Elfen Lied, and something else next.

Psyquis52
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Blasphemy, it should have gotten a 10/5

In my heart it is. However, I had to think rationally on this one.

I love the movie, I own it and watch it frequently. But I can't justify the rating. Sorry. sad

boobsmagee
personally i hear appleseed was good but idont consider its form of art to be anime, it annoys me so i havnt wtched it lol, i liked macross plus the series a bit but they only played like ten episodes on starz and began to repeat, and on cnetwork i watched gundam seed it was amazing but when it started to come some what closer to an ending they began repeating it so ive nvr seen the end to that lol, blood i didnt find all that good myself and matropolis was good buti think a 4/5 stands, i started elfen lied ep 8 its some good shiz its a little slow now but i can see it getting better soon soon ill start watching some of the stuff u been reviewing big grin

Psyquis52
Originally posted by boobsmagee
personally i hear appleseed was good but idont consider its form of art to be anime, it annoys me so i havnt wtched it lol, i liked macross plus the series a bit but they only played like ten episodes on starz and began to repeat, and on cnetwork i watched gundam seed it was amazing but when it started to come some what closer to an ending they began repeating it so ive nvr seen the end to that lol, blood i didnt find all that good myself and matropolis was good buti think a 4/5 stands, i started elfen lied ep 8 its some good shiz its a little slow now but i can see it getting better soon soon ill start watching some of the stuff u been reviewing big grin

I wouldn't waste your time with too much of the stuff I've been reviewing. A lot of it was total crap. No bid deal though.

A lot of people don't consider Appleseed to be an anime. That's fine. I'm not particular. There's a macross plus movie you know.

Psyquis52
If anyone has an anime they would like for me to review or something just PM me or post here and I'll get on it. I'm currently working on Elfen Lied and Mythical (Mystical?) Detective Loki Ragnarok. I'll be done with them early Feb.

Tonight I'll post reviews for Witch Hutner Robin, Ninja Scroll (the series), and Berserk.

~Forever*Alone~
cool smile

i look forward

cant wait smile

Psyquis52
Crap. I thought I already posted those reviews and now I'm behind.

Crap on a stick.

outarddwarf
Love Hina Again
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B0001BMMCC.jpg
Keitaro, Naru, and all their friends are back in an animated series based after both the specials. Keitaro's still trying to get Naru, but he isn't the only one. Of course, the other person's trying to get Naru in a different way. Keitaro's sister, Kanako, has moved into the house as the temporary manager. From the start, she has a grudge against Naru, because of her "relationship" with Keitaro. Kanako tries everything she can to make sure Keitaro and Naru can never be together, ever.

A good addition to the first series. This brings closure to a show that desperately needed it. Although, I'm not entirely thrilled about Kanako's character. I find her to be an unnecessary addition. They could have done this without her really.

3 out 5

OKAY!!!!! I know people feel like I've been unfair to the show because I've given both installments a 3 out of 5.
HOWEVER!!!! If you combine the two and watch them back to back then I increase the score to...

4 out of 5 - it adds the necessary closure that the show needed and does it well. See this is why I think our opinions differ on love hina psy because I started by reading the manga which has all the movies (Love hina again, the christmas ect) that go with the shows put right in, in cronological order. So I got that start to finish closure that you desperatly sought. That I think plays the difference.

outarddwarf

Psyquis52
Originally posted by outarddwarf
See this is why I think our opinions differ on love hina psy because I started by reading the manga which has all the movies (Love hina again, the christmas ect) that go with the shows put right in, in cronological order. So I got that start to finish closure that you desperatly sought. That I think plays the difference.

The closure definately makes a huge difference in this show. It's 100% necessary for the show to be worth anyone's time.

Psyquis52
Originally posted by outarddwarf
I've thought about either reading this manga or watching this anime. If I ever get any money I will have to watch this.

I would recommend seeking it out on the internet before actually purchasing. There are places like Netflix that carry a pretty diverse selection.

Badabing
EDIT!

Psyquis52
Witch Hunter Robin
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/Hunter-robin.jpg
The series begins with the recruitment of Robin Sena as a replacement for an STN-J member who was lost in action. Robin is a witch who was born in Japan and raised in an Italian convent. Robin's "craft" is pyrokinesis.
Initially, the series appears to take a "monster of the week" approach. About halfway through the 26-episode season, the characters and the relationships between them are established. At that time, the real story gets underway.
As the series goes on, Robin grows increasingly uncomfortable with her role in hunting and capturing other witches. She begins to question the treatment they receive while incarcerated in the mysterious "Factory". Eventually Robin begins to worry that she will become a target and grows to suspect that her partner Amon will welcome the opportunity to hunt her.

As far as animes go this one is pretty good although it's a little grim. Not incredibly grim but just a little. It can be pretty boring and most of the characters talk in total monotone for the duration of the show which begins to wear on you. Avoid watching multiple episodes in a row if at all possible.

4 out of 5 - good storytelling, decent characters and intelligent plots make the show above par but fairly adult in nature. Just meaning that it requires a little more attention to get what you want out of it. This isn't a problem really but it doesn't grab you like a truly good anime will.

Psyquis52
Originally posted by Badabing
Anime = shit. Shut up, don't even eff with me. You are always so sweet to me. wink

Badabing
Happy?

Psyquis52
Originally posted by Badabing
Happy?
Always. big grin

Psyquis52
Berserk
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B0003JAK6C.jpg
In the castle town of Midland, a new king has come to power through treachery and violence. His demonic agents relentlessly victimize the townspeople, until the night a battle weary soldier enters the city. Covered in an array of weapons and countless battle scars, he calls himself the Black Swordsman. The sword he carries is as big as his grudge against the king. Blade in hand he hunts the servants of evil with unending vengeful fury.

The animation's a little old-fashioned but the music's good and the storyline's excellent. However this is only the first season and they haven't even started making the second. It leaves you awfully empty inside. I love this show just the same.

3 out of 5 - it's not worth your time. There's no ending.

Psyquis52
Ninja Scroll the Series
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B0000A1HOF.jpg
Fourteen years after defeating the immortal warrior Himuro Genma and thwarting the Shogun of the Dark's evil plans, Kibagami Jubei continues to roam all over Japan as a masterless swordsman. During his journey, he meets Shigure, a priestess who has never seen the world outside her village. But when a group of demons destroys the village and kills everyone, Jubei becomes a prime target after acquiring the Dragon Jewel - a stone with an unknown origin. Meanwhile, Shigure - along with the monk Dakuan and a young thief named Tsubute - travels to the village of Yagyu. And with two demon clans now hunting down Shigure, Dakuan must once again acquire the services of Jubei to protect the Priestess of Light.

Keeps with the feel of the movie very well. The music's not bad either. Animation's just a little better than the movie. The plot's interesting (for lack of a better term) and the characters are intriguing.

I'm very suprised to say that this show is a 4 out of 5. Good show. Well-worth your time.

Psyquis52
You know...if anyone else wants to post a review here they're more than welcome to.

xmarksthespot
Witch Hunter Robin

4 out of 5 - good storytelling, decent characters and intelligent plots make the show above par but fairly adult in nature. Just meaning that it requires a little more attention to get what you want out of it. This isn't a problem really but it doesn't grab you like a truly good anime will. Just finished watching this and would pretty much agree with this assessment. The ending left a bit much unresolved (as I've found several anime animated series do) for my liking though.

On the voice acting, something I've noticed though with English dub voice actors, there are like 3 or 4 female voice actors who tend to take basically all the principal roles in several series (e.g. Robin's voice actor is the same woman who does Fuu in Samurai Champloo, Mika in Gungrave). Likewise with male voice actors (e.g. Amon was Alucard). So I was assuming the monotone of some of the characters was intentional...

Psyquis52
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Just finished watching this and would pretty much agree with this assessment. The ending left a bit much unresolved (as I've found several anime animated series do) for my liking though.

On the voice acting, something I've noticed though with English dub voice actors, there are like 3 or 4 female voice actors who tend to take basically all the principal roles in several series (e.g. Robin's voice actor is the same woman who does Fuu in Samurai Champloo, Mika in Gungrave). Likewise with male voice actors (e.g. Amon was Alucard). So I was assuming the monotone of some of the characters was intentional... Thank you.

Yes the voice-acting was more likely intentional for multiple reasons. I watched it in both subbed and dubbed and found it to be primarily monotone either way. It adds to the overall feel of the anime.

And you're right. Animes are infamous for not giving closure. They expect you to delve into the manga after you're finished but often times the manga doesn't offer proper closure either.

Psyquis52
Not that anyone's interested but I'm currently finishing up Chrono Crusade and then I'll post my reviews of the following animes:
Rurouni Kenshin
Kiki's Delivery Service
Whisper of the Heart
Chrono Crusade

I'm having trouble finishing up Elfen Lied. I'm working on it though. Sorry to keep you waiting.

~Forever*Alone~
looking forward too it happy

Psyquis52
Kiki's Delivery Service
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B00005JM2O.jpg
In Hayao Miyazaki's magical Kiki's Delivery Service, a 13-year-old girl meets the world head on as she spends her first year soloing as an apprentice witch. Kiki is still a little green and plenty headstrong, but also resourceful, imaginative, and determined. With her trusty wisp of a cat Jiji by her side she's ready to take on the world, or at least the quaintly European seaside village she's chosen as her new home. Miyazaki's gentle rhythm and meandering narrative capture the easy pulse of real life (even if his subject is a girl flying high upon a broomstick) and charts the everyday struggles and growing pains of his plucky heroine with sensitivity and understanding. Beautifully detailed animation and the rich designs of the picture-postcard seaside town of red-tiled roofs and cobblestone streets only add to the sense of wonder.

And the funny thing is that I'm still not done with Miyazaki's films.

I'm beginning to think that I should open my own section just for Miyazaki's films and rate them against each other because it's almost unfair to rate his stuff against stuff like Panzer Dragoon. Okay, that was a bad example but I'm sure you get the idea.

I'm not sure why this particular one is so popular. Miyazaki has movies that are much better in my personal opinion. Howl's Moving Castle was great and don't get me started on Princess Mononoke. He tells a good story. It's heart-warming but I'm afraid it just doesn't have the same quality or fanciful feel of others. It's good. Don't get me wrong. It's definitely good but it just doesn't feel like Miyazaki. I would put this on par with Porco Rosso. Meaning that it's good but not as good as most of his work.

3 out of 5. Good but not real good.

Psyquis52

Psyquis52
Whisper of the Heart
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B000CDGVOO.jpg
A young girl finds that all the books she chooses in the library have been previously checked out by the same boy. Later she meets a very infuriating fellow... could it be her "friend" from the library? The boy's grandfather has a violin sales and service shop. The boy wants to be a violin maker like his grandfather.

Fascinating love story but...the characters are a little young to have their own love story to me. Putting that aside I now know why that other movie of Miyazaki's is called the Cat Returns. He originally shows up in this film. It's actually quite clever.

3 out of 5 like most of Miyazaki's works. Good but don't go out of your way to see it if you aren't an anime enthusiast.

Psyquis52
Rurouni Kenshin
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B00005LMB1.jpg
During the Bakumatsu (the final days of the Tokugawa government) in Japan, there was a merciless swordsman known as Hitokiri Battousai (Himura Kenshin), who fought alongside revolutionaries against the government. After the revolution, he suddenly disappeared and throughout the years became a legend. About ten years later, he is a wandering swordsman, who dedicates his life to helping and protecting people as a way to pay for all the lives he took during the revolution. This is the story of Kenshin, wandering swordsman, master of Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu style of sword fighting. His many adventures begin with his arrival at Tokyo and meeting Kamiya Kaoru, sword instructor and owner of a dojo...

Very popular for good reasons. The main characters are great. However, it is another prime example of lost potential. It starts off being an interesting display of various sword techniques, but then it becomes the Pokemon of sword techniques. HITEN MITSURUGI STYLE MOON SLASH I CHOOSE YOU!!! And the enemy names off another. Oh sure they still describe the techniques from time to time but not often enough and as the show progresses it means less and less. The problem with this show is that they were too popular. I could see the writer beating himself up trying to come up with new stuff for the show to work with until finally he begged the fans to let him stop. The poor guy only expected to have 30 some-odd episodes. You can tell really, but then he got in that anime grind. The one where they fall in the same old patterns. If you've seen something in the area of 5 truly popular animes then you know exactly what I mean.
Bleach - train to battle new opponent who is much stronger
Naruto - train to battle new opponent who is much stronger
Dragonball Z - train to battle new opponent who is much stronger
Pokemon - train to battle new opponent who is much stronger
It's all the same and this poor writer who had a good idea got sucked into it because the fans demanded more. Poor guy.

3 out of 5 It really is good at first but you can tell the writer started struggling.

Psyquis52

outarddwarf
Rurouni Kenshin
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B00005LMB1.jpg
During the Bakumatsu (the final days of the Tokugawa government) in Japan, there was a merciless swordsman known as Hitokiri Battousai (Himura Kenshin), who fought alongside revolutionaries against the government. After the revolution, he suddenly disappeared and throughout the years became a legend. About ten years later, he is a wandering swordsman, who dedicates his life to helping and protecting people as a way to pay for all the lives he took during the revolution. This is the story of Kenshin, wandering swordsman, master of Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu style of sword fighting. His many adventures begin with his arrival at Tokyo and meeting Kamiya Kaoru, sword instructor and owner of a dojo...

Very popular for good reasons. The main characters are great. However, it is another prime example of lost potential. It starts off being an interesting display of various sword techniques, but then it becomes the Pokemon of sword techniques. HITEN MITSURUGI STYLE MOON SLASH I CHOOSE YOU!!! And the enemy names off another. Oh sure they still describe the techniques from time to time but not often enough and as the show progresses it means less and less. The problem with this show is that they were too popular. I could see the writer beating himself up trying to come up with new stuff for the show to work with until finally he begged the fans to let him stop. The poor guy only expected to have 30 some-odd episodes. You can tell really, but then he got in that anime grind. The one where they fall in the same old patterns. If you've seen something in the area of 5 truly popular animes then you know exactly what I mean.
Bleach - train to battle new opponent who is much stronger
Naruto - train to battle new opponent who is much stronger
Dragonball Z - train to battle new opponent who is much stronger
Pokemon - train to battle new opponent who is much stronger
It's all the same and this poor writer who had a good idea got sucked into it because the fans demanded more. Poor guy.

3 out of 5 It really is good at first but you can tell the writer started struggling. You seen the anime of the story of Kenshin as Batosi the Manslayer? I can't remember the title but it was good.

boobsmagee
rurouni kenshin? duh nvm im a noob that wasnt it, do u mean samurai x, i havnt seen samurai x sadly

Psyquis52

Psyquis52

Psyquis52
Final Fantasy VII - Advent Children
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B000AMJG4Y.jpg
Two years after the events in "Final Fantasy VII", a disease called 'Seikon-Shoukougun', or 'Geostigma', is spreading through the planet. This disease is believed to have been caused by the body fighting off foreign material that invaded the body two years earlier, at the end of "Final Fantasy VII". Guilt-ridden and haunted by his past, ex-SOLDIER Cloud Strife has decided to live a secluded, solitary life away from his friends while maintaining "Strife's Delivery Service", whose headquarters is located in Tifa Lockheart's bar, the Seventh Heaven. Tifa's bar serves as an orphanage for children stricken with Geostigma. Here, Tifa keeps an eye on Barret's six-year-old daughter, Marlene, while Barret searches the planet for an alternative energy source to the Planet's energy, Mako. One day, Cloud receives a phone call from the former Shinra, Inc. president, Rufus, asking him for protection from a mysterious man named Kadaj. Kadaj, in the meantime, along with his brothers Loz and Yazoo, are searching for their "mother", and seem to believe that Cloud knows where to find her. Meanwhile, Vincent Valentine has been wandering the planet gathering information on Kadaj's scheme, and Cloud and his friends must come together again to fight these new enemies.

You're kidding me. You mean I haven't reviewed this yet? Well holy crap! Where have I been?

Okay, let's say that you have played the game - Congratulations! You've got exactly what you were wishing for and then some. It's a spectacular representation of the characters you love including Sid's ridiculous chauvinism. And don't worry...he's in this. You know who, but then again odds are that you've already seen it by now so you know who.

Okay, let's say that you HAVEN'T played the game - So what? It's still amazing! Watching this makes you a fan almost immediately. I've never had a person watch it who didn't say, "Wow! That was awesome!"
Why? Because the music is spectacular! The CGI unlike anything you've ever seen! The characters are...well...they are the same characters that made RPG's truly popular. And the villains are...well...you should really see for yourself.

5/5 - I know, I know. I said, "Video game movies suck." I'm aware of that but you really can't hold this against me, because...well...it's really good okay! Leave me alone.

Psyquis52
Final Fantasy - The Spirits Within
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k283/Psyquis52/B00003CY5D.jpg
In the year 2065, the next great assault against an invading race of phantom-like aliens is about to be launched. Dr. Aki Ross, a brilliant young scientist, races to find the invaders' secrets, not only to save the planet, but herself as well after her body is infected by alien particles. She teams up with the prestigious Deep Eyes military squadron, led by her old friend Grey Edwards. But as Aki, her mentor Dr. Sid, and Grey work toward a peaceful end, the scheming General Hein devises a plot to eradicate the aliens in one swift, destructive blow...even if it destroys the Earth right along with them.

This is not a video game movie. *But the title says...* Yes! We all know what the title says but it's deceptive. It has very little, next to nothing, to do with the video games. Believe me. It was a vast disappointment when I saw it in theaters.
So, if I can save you one problem right off the bat...DON'T THINK OF THIS AS A VIDEO GAME MOVIE!!! Think of it as a random sci-fi. Believe me, you'll be better off and appreciate the movie much more.

The movie is beautiful still, despite it's age and the voice acting isn't terrible. Of course I think Alec Baldwin did awful but that's just my opinion. The plot is good. The music is okay. Take it as it is and you'll be surprised to find a good movie here.

4/5 - Some people don't think this is even an anime. I say - WHO CARES?! Thpppppt! stick out tongue

outarddwarf
Have you seen Bubblegum Crisis?

Psyquis52
Not completely. I won't review it until I've seen all the episodes. That can sometimes cause problems.

So far I like Bubblegum Crisis and it probably won't get anything below a 4. Just saying so far. I just watched Spriggan however and am going to review that one soon.

Emperor Ashtar
Love Hina got the saem rating as Cowboy Bepop, But the original Hellsing anime got higher than both of them?!

Psyquis52
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Love Hina got the saem rating as Cowboy Bepop, But the original Hellsing anime got higher than both of them?!

Incorrect. I rated Hellsing a 4 out of 5.

The SOUNDTRACK from Hellsing gets a 5 out of 5.
Actually so does the Soundtrack for Cowboy Bebop but who's counting?

Cowboy Bebop 4 out of 5
Love Hina 3 out of 5
Love Hina again 3 out of 5
Both of them together 4 out of 5

Any questions?

Psyquis52

Psyquis52

Psyquis52

Psyquis52

Psyquis52

Psyquis52

leonheartmm
cud u post one for noir, flame of recca, trinity blood and rahxephone too? just wanna see people's general take on em. oh yeah n fushigi yagyu n now n then here n there.

Psyquis52
Originally posted by leonheartmm
cud u post one for noir, flame of recca, trinity blood and rahxephone too? just wanna see people's general take on em. oh yeah n fushigi yagyu n now n then here n there.
Wow!

That's a list for me.

Okay.
D N Angel
Elfen Lied
Noir
Flame of Recca
Trinity Blood
Fushigi Yagyu

Rahxephon you're going to have to wait on for a little while because I'm taking my time with that one. I intend to own it. Suffice to say that so far it's getting a pretty good rating.

xmarksthespot
I recently watched RahXephon, Full Metal Panic!, FMP? Fumoffu, The Place Promised in Our Early Days, Twelve Kingdoms, X, Great Teacher Onizuka and Otogi Zoshi... and wouldn't mind hearing someone else's take on those... so there's some more work for you. stick out tongue

grey fox

TricksterPriest
co-sign on the fetish. sick Btw, have you ever seen Zone of the enders: Idolo, or ZOE: Dolores?

grey fox
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
co-sign on the fetish. sick Btw, have you ever seen Zone of the enders: Idolo, or ZOE: Dolores?

Seen a few episodes. The Dub unfortunately .

Tv : I'm an Orbital flame

Me : FRAME FRAME , jesus christ....

Psyquis52
My list is sooooooooo long now.

Good. It gives me something to do.

grey fox
My list is sooooooooo long now.

Good. It gives me something to do.

What IS on your list by the way ?

Psyquis52

Psyquis52
Whoops!

Forgot to throw Bleach in there. big grin

Psyquis52

leonheartmm
oh yeah, NOW AND THEN, HERE AND THERE.
{btw if u liked bloodlust, ur probably gonna like trinity blood too, of only for the art and often sluggish pace}

boobsmagee
spriggan a series, or a movie?
an dmay i ask where do you watch your animes?
online?

Psyquis52
Spriggan is a movie and I watch my animes online, rented, owned. Whatever. Some of them are easier to get than others.

Now and then here and there. Alright then.

And yes, I did like Bloodlust quite a bit. I consider it to be one of the very best movies anime has ever put out.

Psyquis52

Psyquis52

Psyquis52

Psyquis52

Psyquis52

Psyquis52

ladov52014
i am requesting u do 2 i was gonna do the review but if u want to go right ahead i want it for 2 animes one is called Ki-ba im sure u heard of it its 51 episodes and a very powerful anime i love it and the other is about alchemy busou renkin "arms alchemy" for ya to note and its also a powerful one just want ya veiw on it and looking forward to it and if u want help on reviewing ill be more than welcomed to help but u got it all under control haha

grey fox

leonheartmm
GILGAMESH
ANGEL SANCTUARY
{THE OTHER ANIME BY ANGEL SANCTUARY CREATOR CIRCLING AROUND A VIZARD BOY FORGOT THE NAME}
NOIR
BLEACH
YU YU HAKUSHO
TENJHO TENGE
FUSHIGI YUGI
WOLF'S RAIN

leonheartmm
AMON SAGA
RIGVEDA
LEGEND OF ARSALAN

leonheartmm
three by three eyes

Psyquis52
Kiba - Heard of and nearly started it a month ago but finished Elfen Lied instead.
Busou Renkin (arm's alchemy)
Gilgamesh
Angel Sanctuary
Miene Leibe? Is that what you're thinking of?
Noir
Bleach - We'll have to wait on this one. I've seen most of the episodes thus far but I have to wait till the end of the show to review it. Also it doesn't divide into two like Naruto and Naruot Shippuuden.
Yu-yu hakusho - I've seen most of the first season so it shouldn't be too hard.
Tenjho Tenge - Never heard of it. smile
Fushigi Yugi
Wolf's Rain - Same people that did Witch Hunter Robin right?
Amon Saga
Rigveda - Never heard of it smile
Legend of Arsalan
3x3 eyes - I've seen something in the area of the first three episodes. So I'm already starting. smile

Thank you for all your requests. I'm working on them as we speak.
Feel free to post your own reviews or to go ahead and smack me around for mine. I'm not an authority on anime in any sense of the word. I'm just a goofball with too much time on his hands. stick out tongue

I especially like receiving requests for animes I've never heard of.

Psyquis52
Originally posted by grey fox
They can't kiddie shippuden. It's too violent and the whole Kohonomaru lesbian scene kinda destroys any chance they have. Lest editing the episode into a clip show...

You say that but I don't put anything past them. I bet they'll find a way to screw it up for the kids here in the states. They'll probably just clip anything that has to do with lesbians.

America ruins everything. stick out tongue

Psyquis52

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>