Disney Sells 5 Millon Pirates DVD!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ToddianGirl
Source: Orlando Sentinel
Disney sells 5 million 'Pirates' DVDs on 1st day

From Reuters
Posted December 7, 2006
ADVERTISEMENTS

Holiday shoppers in North America snapped up nearly 5 million DVD copies of "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" on the hit title's first day in release, Walt Disney Co. said.

The strong start for "Dead Man's Chest," which was released as a single DVD and a two-disc box set Tuesday, means that Disney's Buena Vista Worldwide Home Entertainment could have the three bestselling DVDs for 2006, Disney said.

The top DVD sellers for 2006 now include Disney-Pixar's "Cars," with 13 million DVDs sold since its Nov. 7 release, and "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe," with 12 million sold since its release by Disney and Walden Media on April 4, Disney said.
Link:http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/custom/tourism/la-fi-briefs7.6dec07,0,4906277.story?coll=orl-home-headlines
GO DEAD MAN'S CHEST!!!

evilm0nki3
WOOO!

Did it break a record or somthing?

SarahB
must ov.....dno bout titanic

coolmovies
Wow thats amazing Thanks alot

tee_pirategirl
YAAAAAY I hope it sells like CRAZY...it deserves to

sailorleo
ha we're totally gonna ***** slap cars!

PirateDiva
Disney has the 3 top selling DVDs of the year!!!!
Cars
Chronicles of Narnia
Dead Mans Chest

Not a bad year at all...eh?

coolmovies
It has allready beaten cars i think titanic still holds the record. I dont know how many copies where sold of the video

akanai
BTW have ya been listening to commentary of Ted & Terry, in moment where Jack tried to run away from Pearl when Kraken attacked for the second time? T&T were so confused! About the compass.

evilm0nki3
Yes they were!

"I think it was pointing at land!"

"Well I think it was pointing at the Pearl!"

PirateDiva
Ya same with after the curiosity scene....

"what do you think Liz would have done if Jack had kissed her at that point?"

"I think she would have held back."

"I think she would have gone for it"

It's like u created her....u tell us!!! LOL!!
Oh the frustration!!

Mistypirate
Piratediva don't worry about the commentaries, TnT were doing what they like to do best. big grin

PirateDiva
LOL...i know i just found that frustrating...lol...i mean i started laughing but u know at the same time u want answers....lol!

and when they were talking about the God in a human form and TnT was like well its a subtle set up for what happens in 3....i was like dammit tell me something i dont know!!!! LOL!

Chiki Mina
Originally posted by ToddianGirl
Source: Orlando Sentinel
Disney sells 5 million 'Pirates' DVDs on 1st day

From Reuters
Posted December 7, 2006
ADVERTISEMENTS

Holiday shoppers in North America snapped up nearly 5 million DVD copies of "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" on the hit title's first day in release, Walt Disney Co. said.

The strong start for "Dead Man's Chest," which was released as a single DVD and a two-disc box set Tuesday, means that Disney's Buena Vista Worldwide Home Entertainment could have the three bestselling DVDs for 2006, Disney said.

The top DVD sellers for 2006 now include Disney-Pixar's "Cars," with 13 million DVDs sold since its Nov. 7 release, and "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe," with 12 million sold since its release by Disney and Walden Media on April 4, Disney said.
Link:http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/custom/tourism/la-fi-briefs7.6dec07,0,4906277.story?coll=orl-home-headlines
GO DEAD MAN'S CHEST!!!

NO surpirse there eek!

sailorleo
Originally posted by coolmovies
It has allready beaten cars i think titanic still holds the record. I dont know how many copies where sold of the video

see..i told you we'd ***** slap cars!

coolmovies
At work today the POTCDMC dvd was sold out in one day !! Its still selling like hot chocolate

Bwa Ha Ha
mmmm.....chocolate.......i'm gonna go have some

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.