The new era of hip-hop

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lorddreamer
I believe that hip-hop is rapidly evolving past all that guns and woman nonsense. Guys like Lupe Fiasco, Kanye West, Nas (check out his new stuff!!!) Jay-z (ditto!!) etc... are bringin the new front. What y'all think?

Broke Beat
slowly but surely, i dont know about Jay-z and Nas leading that front, but definitely Lupe, and Kanye as a producer. but this just my opinion

B dot Rob
All of those rappers have rapped about either woman or guns or both

lorddreamer
well, when I say woman, I mean like "I got this hoe, and this b*tch..." And as I said, go listen to that new nas and jay ishh

Yea, maybe Knye more as a producer. Common is hot though. And I am still vibin to that Fort Minor

B dot Rob
Kanye made a song about you can find me in my brand new whip with my brand new ***** and a song about sometimes I wanna say **** my ***** but I don't want nobody to **** ***** even if she modelling the chick suck my dick.

The Core
Kanye is more militant than street.

office jesus
Originally posted by B dot Rob
All of those rappers have rapped about either woman or guns or both

In other words, everyone's rapping about the same shit. Over...and over...and over...and over....

office jesus
Originally posted by lorddreamer
I believe that hip-hop is rapidly evolving past all that guns and woman nonsense. Guys like Lupe Fiasco, Kanye West, Nas (check out his new stuff!!!) Jay-z (ditto!!) etc... are bringin the new front. What y'all think?

..And I believe you're heavily diluted.

Or high.

B dot Rob
Originally posted by office jesus
In other words, everyone's rapping about the same shit. Over...and over...and over...and over....

Rapping about the same shit in new and innovative ways/vastly different styles.

For example Fiasco and Cam'ron both rap about crack (well Fiasco used to) and whereas Cam would say "I really bake cake call me Duncan Hines" Fiasco would say something like "I push Ki like it's DBZ" same shit different styles.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by office jesus
..And I believe you're heavily diluted.

Or high.

reggie_jax
Originally posted by The Core
Kanye is more militant than street. i believe the term ur looking for is f@g nigga bullshit

new era of hip hop? bunch of nerds, f@g niggas and club kidz bickering over whos form of watered down crap is the most acceptable.

.... nas gonna die.

Lord Coal
As you can see, reggie's still a tw@t........

marvelprince
Originally posted by lorddreamer

I'd like to think so but all that talk is still pretty standard. Jay-Z is evolving but cause of that a lot of longtime fans say they don't like his new stuff (Beach Chair was amazing!). I got lots of love for Lupe but cause a lot of his tracks lack catchy hooks he won't make too much of a mainstream splash. Kanye West is very intelligent but when you strip a lot of his stuff down he's basically talking a lot of the same sh**. I like when he starts talking bout serious stuff like in "Crack Music". Haven't heard new Nas so I can't comment bout that yet. Gnalrs Barkley was surprising well recieved though. I didn't think so many people would take to it.

Oh and lets not forget Common. He was always a fav of mine but since signing with Kanye has gotten some commercial success. Looking forward to his next album.

lorddreamer
Originally posted by B dot Rob
Kanye made a song about you can find me in my brand new whip with my brand new ***** and a song about sometimes I wanna say **** my ***** but I don't want nobody to **** ***** even if she modelling the chick suck my dick.

Okokok that is indeed true. When I mentioned Kanye West, I was more just using examples though. Or have you not heard like... Hey Momma, Crack Music, We don't Care???

Yo, go listen to that Food and Liquor or, even better Fahrenheit 1/15 and you will gain respect for Lupe Fiasco!!! Unless you don't listen to the words...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.