Darth Maul vs. General Grievous

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Godzilla
This is a fight that excludes Force use (even though Maul isn't exactly the greatest Force-user ever). Two of the fastest duelists in the saga face off... in the Manaan courtyard! Who wins?

Darth Godzilla
Why is no one responding to this? Was it done already or something?

kamikz
Yup, done many times I belive!

I'd say that Grievous wins, at least if it is CW Grievous, before he was injured!

The Planet
Didn't Grievous put up a good fight against Mace in LoE? But then again, LoE is not canon, is it not?

Darth Godzilla
LoE isn't canon? I didn't know that.
And Grievous, the way I remember it, was pretty badly pwned.
Doesn't mean he wouldn't beat Maul, though.
I voted for him.

And this hasn't been done before ON MANAAN!
stick out tongue wink rock

Darth Godzilla
C'mon, people, vote!

The Planet
I voted. stick out tongue

Gideon
LoE is, as far as I am aware of, canon. And, yes, he did put up a decent fight against Mace, I suppose. However, this was due to his ability to somewhat analyze Vaapad. The fight was brief, though. Mace outmaneuvered Grievous, and Grievous fell off the mag-lev.

The Planet
Does it not contradict the Clone Wars cartoons though?

Gideon
Originally posted by The Planet
Does it not contradict the Clone Wars cartoons though?

Specify, please.

The Planet
Not completely sure, haven't read it, but I heard that it contradicts the idea that Mace force crushed Grievous like he did in the cartoon.

Gideon
Originally posted by The Planet
Not completely sure, haven't read it, but I heard that it contradicts the idea that Mace force crushed Grievous like he did in the cartoon.

No, he didn't crush his chest in LoE as I recall.

darthsith19
Imo, EU Grievous > Maul > ROTS Grievous. So could you please specify which Grievous this is?

Darth Godzilla
Umm... ROTS & LOE... That's the only one... no CW

Captain REX
Labyrinth of Evil is quite a pickle to place in canonicity due to the "Clone Wars" cartoon, isn't it?

In any case, the Force is what gives Jedi a fighting chance against Grievous. If this is Grievous Pre-ROTS, I don't think Maul could handle it.

darthsith19
LOE Grievous > ROTS Grievous. Maul is inbetween the two. LOE Grievous definately > ROTS Grievous, though. He pwnd four Jedi and put up a good fight against Windu, and Dooku was hard pressed to defeat him when they sparred. ROTS Grievous got beaten by ROTS Kenobi after only an ok fight.

Darth Godzilla
Dum dee dum... okay, now it's LoE Grievous, but Maul has Force. Who wins?

Darth Martin
Yea Maul would be overwhelmed if it was CW or any EU Grievous but if it was RotS Maul pwns.

Captain REX
Especially if this is ROTS Maul, from an alternate universe! w00t

The Planet
LOL, LoE seems to just overpower Grievous and Fisto, I'm guessing the author was a fanboy.

Captain REX
Good author, nonetheless...

Plus, we hadn't seen Grievous at this point in time, while he was writing the book. ROTS hadn't been released, CW hadn't either, I don't think. Hard to gage where he's putting Grievous in proportion to the Jedi, perhaps?

Advent
LoE is canon, I don't know why you would consider it otherwise just because of what, three discrepancies between the book itself and the cartoon? Leland Chan (lol!) states that they should be "enjoyed for what they are", and uses both sources as a timeline for the EU leading into Revenge of the Sith.

And contradictions between things that are C-canon are dealt with case-by-case (as are all conflicts, save for those presented from N-canon sources), just because it has differences doesn't mean the other is overall not considered to fit into continuity.

General G
Originally posted by Gideon
LoE is, as far as I am aware of, canon. And, yes, he did put up a decent fight against Mace, I suppose. However, this was due to his ability to somewhat analyze Vaapad. The fight was brief, though. Mace outmaneuvered Grievous, and Grievous fell off the mag-lev.

It can't be canon, it is almost impossible, it said that Anakin had been away from Corouscant (and Padme) for over a year (if not longer, I don't recall). And if that were the case, then uh...how exactly did Padme get pregnant? You would think Anakin would be wondering why she was pregnant when he hasn't seen her for so long...

Darth Godzilla
Good point... where was Bail Organa at the time?
Something seems fishy.

Oh well. It's just a minor discrepancy, nothing really serious.

Darth Godzilla
Originally posted by General G
It can't be canon, it is almost impossible, it said that Anakin had been away from Corouscant (and Padme) for over a year (if not longer, I don't recall). And if that were the case, then uh...how exactly did Padme get pregnant? You would think Anakin would be wondering why she was pregnant when he hasn't seen her for so long...

Maybe Anakin used the Force or something. I dunno.

General G
Does that mean he could walk by someone and just inpregnate them, there oculd be a galaxy full of Lukes and Leias! Then everybody could be a jedi.

Advent
It can't be canon, it is almost impossible,

No, LoE is definitely canon. Contradictions between C-level material, whether minor or major, don't matter in regards to the overall continuity of the book. Even if that is a contradiction, I'm not going to look into it, but Leland Chee has made clear LoE is canon.

People need to realize contradictions are dealt with case-by-case, that is the way they resolve them, and it is always in effect. Look at Splinter of the Mind's Eye, that contradicts the movies and several books, but, overall it is still canon.

Advent
It can't be canon, it is almost impossible,

No, LoE is definitely canon. Contradictions between C-level material, whether minor or major, don't matter in regards to the overall continuity of the book. Even if that is a contradiction, I'm not going to look into it, but Leland Chee has made clear LoE is canon. Even if something C-level contradicts the movies or Lucas' word, it still going to be canon since they deal with things problem by problem.

People need to realize contradictions are dealt with case-by-case, that is the way they resolve them, and it is always in effect. Look at Splinter of the Mind's Eye, that contradicts the movies and several books, but overall it is still canon.

Sexyback
According to Tasty Tasty, some poser. Really, I'm gonna need proof that he and Leland Chee are one and the same before I believe anything he says.

darthsith19
I may be wrong, but didn't LOE say that Anakin had been away from Padme for 6 months, not a year? If so, then that makes sense...

General G
I'm almost positive it said 3 years straight.

Check my very cool thread on it stick out tongue

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=384865

Advent
Can you provide the exact quote? As searching through, the only mentions of "three years" are about how long its been since the Clone Wars began, and how long they've been involved in the conflict.

darthsith19
Actually, I just remembered,, Anakin visited Padme on Naboo near the beginning of Obsession. That's approximately 5 months before ROTS.

Mider999
i dont see how grevious can ever defeat someone like windu less windu was not going at it all the way, that means that grevious should have definatly not lost to someone like obi wan, but yeah grevious usually defeats normal jedi even masters, like i said in another threat most jedi under kit fisto, obi wan, anakin, yoda, mace, sidious, they all seem to be......just not that great, the big headed guy, and shaak ti are both jedi masters but grevios owned shaak ti almost effortlessly and seemed as though he was about to defeat the big headed guy, then he did defeat the other three or four jedi, but the big headed guy said they was tired, but shaak ti could not have been tired the second time they met and he still owned her, he had some trouble with her friends though, but that was untill he got his other two arms out then he owned them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.