Thor & Beta Ray Bill vs. GL Hal & Kyle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soujaboy
No BFR

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soujaboy
No BFR

So what happens if Kyle Recreates the GL corps to help him, or Hal makes The JLA all over again to help. Or They make a double strong universal blast holding forcefield trapping BRB and Thor in it? This battle is the GL's. Maybe Thor and Surfer or BRB and Surfer would be a bit more even.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
So what happens if Kyle Recreates the GL corps to help him, or Hal makes The JLA all over again to help. Or They make a double strong universal blast holding forcefield trapping BRB and Thor in it? This battle is the GL's. Maybe Thor and Surfer or BRB and Surfer would be a bit more even.

The no "outside help rule"

When has GL Hal or KYle ever destroyed the universe under their own power?

Surfer has already stated that Thor is more powerful than he.

Debate

masterbruce
Hal and Kyle.

I have 2 questions:

1. Does BRB have a godblast equivalent?

2. If Thor uses a godblast, does it wear him out? How many godblasts can he do?

Soujaboy
Originally posted by masterbruce
Hal and Kyle.

I have 2 questions:

1. Does BRB have a godblast equivalent?

2. If Thor uses a godblast, does it wear him out? How many godblasts can he do?

1. Not Sure

2. No, and never has a limit been given.

nvrbeenwthagirl

Debate

You miss understand. They can make GL corps from their rings and the Justice league from thier rings. ALl with the powers of the jla and minds of their own but ring constructs. Same thing with the Gl's. Also they have the power to hold universal big bangs with thie shields. Two of them would over whelm thor and brb.

Wolverine2006

Debate

What? huh When has the surfer said that?

masterbruce
You miss understand. They can make GL corps from their rings and the Justice league from thier rings. ALl with the powers of the jla and minds of their own but ring constructs. Same thing with the Gl's. Also they have the power to hold universal big bangs with thie shields. Two of them would over whelm thor and brb.

If this were true, then that means Green Lantern would OWN Superman.

Imagine Superman has to not only face Kyle, but also himself along with all the other JLA members.

I'm guessing that the constructs are much weaker.

the Darkone
Thor /Beta Ray Bill will pull it out in a long battle, Thor can use the godblast as many times as he want's. Even Beta Ray Bill can project a god blast since Odin made him a god with the Odinforce, Thor/BRB win 6/10

Blair Wind

Which surprises you how?? no expression

Soujaboy

Both of them haven't with held universal big bangs, only one of them have, there's no reason to believe they both can.

BTW, wasn't Superman destroying Hal's constructs quite easily when he defeated him?

masterbruce
Originally posted by the Darkone
Thor /Beta Ray Bill will pull it out in a long battle, Thor can use the godblast as many times as he want's. Even Beta Ray Bill can project a god blast since Odin made him a god with the Odinforce, Thor/BRB win 6/10

Can you prove that Thor has limitless use of Godblast?

I doubt it. The fact that he so rarely uses it, even against very tough opponents, leads me to believe that it is an ability that he can only call upon in very dire circumstances.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Which surprises you how?? no expression

because GL is certainly not portrayed to be MUCH more powerful than Superman. Superman is often shown as the most powerful member of the JL.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Wolverine2006
What? huh When has the surfer said that?

In their first battle, Surfer flat out stated Thor was the more powerful of the two.

Soujaboy

I doubt it. The fact that he so rarely uses it, even against very tough opponents, leads me to believe that it is an ability that he can only call upon in very dire circumstances.

What do you mean can he prove it he's never been given a limit. In the comics, he's never been shown to have a limit.

the Darkone

he use's it at the last restore becausehe doesn't want too take someone's life, like Mangog who is skyfather level being. when he used it he wasn't tired at all, Godforce is his godly energies, he can channel enough to knock somebody out or kill them. And it doesn't take long for him to bust it out on someone like Gladiator, Mangog, Eixtar, etc.

masterbruce
What do you mean can he prove it he's never been given a limit. In the comics, he's never been shown to have a limit.

He's shown to have a limit by using it so rarely. That is the logical conclusion. Has he ever even used it twice in a row?

nvrbeenwthagirl
because GL is certainly not portrayed to be MUCH more powerful than Superman. Superman is often shown as the most powerful member of the JL.

That is the JLA books. And actually GL was portrayed as the most powerful. Especially when Grant morrison was writing. Gl was the one who could hurt the angels, Gl was the one who helped to rebuild heaven's ladder for the quantum mechanics, it was Gl's ring who saved Superman prime, the most powerful of all supermen ever, and yet he needed a gl ring. I guess that kinda proves that the gl's are waaay superior to superman.

masterbruce
he use's it at the last restore becausehe doesn't want too take someone's life, like Mangog who is skyfather level being. when he used it he wasn't tired at all, Godforce is his godly energies, he can channel enough to knock somebody out or kill them. And it doesn't take long for him to bust it out on someone like Gladiator, Mangog, Eixtar, etc.

So when he faces someone like Thanos or Onslaught, why doesn't he just repeatedly use Godblast, which is his most powerful attack?

Blair Wind
Because its a comic?

Soujaboy
So when he faces someone like Thanos or Onslaught, why doesn't he just repeatedly use Godblast, which is his most powerful attack?

It's called entertainment, and profit.

masterbruce
It's called entertainment, and profit.

So what, fans don't want to see Thor fight at full potential using his power attacks?

I mean, if Marvel didn't want Thor to easily kill his enemies, they could simply make it so that Thor can use Godblast only rarely because it takes energy that isn't easily replaced. That would logically explain why Thor doesn't use it.

Soljer

Ten out of ten, baby.

DigiMark007
Absolute max potential = Lanterns

In an actual fight = Team Asgard, probably 7 or 8/10.

The GLs would have to bring their A+ game constantly. It's possible, especially with these two, but not too likely.

bigbran
So when he faces someone like Thanos or Onslaught, why doesn't he just repeatedly use Godblast, which is his most powerful attack? He used the Anti-force blast on Thanos.

Also, he doesn't use it that much, because:

It's comics.

He has only really used it on really powerful opponents, in which he knows, he stands no chance against them.

He doesn't even show powers in crossovers, so why would he use it on Onslaught.

And, I believe the last time he used it, he wrapped it in the belt of power, and done blasted the Celestial dome piece.
Or was that when he hit Juggs?

He usually has enough power to fell his foe, and that is why he doesn't use it that much.

xmarksthespot
I'll say the GLs for now. Unless they act like retards and do nothing but fight with glowing green baseball bats.

thtadthtshldntb
Team Asgard wins this. Oan energy constructs are just that energy constructs, and they can be absorbed like every other form of energy that Thor or BRB has absorb with the hammers. Also Oan energy constructs are vulnerable to the willpower of those they work against, which is why Superman can tear through them. Thor and BRB are both in that area of willpower.

As for trapping Thor and BRB, remember both can teleport and Thor can phase.

Also, on the Superman vs GLs.... IIRC, post CoIE, the only GL who has ever beat Superman was John and that was once.

Bentley
King Thor for the win!!! Current version rules say he is King Thor.

Now in all seriousness, I think BRB and Thor take it 6/10.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by thtadthtshldntb
Also, on the Superman vs GLs.... IIRC, post CoIE, the only GL who has ever beat Superman was John and that was once. John is inferior to both Kyle and Hal. Oh and Superman breaking through John's construct was crap too.
Originally posted by Bentley
King Thor for the win!!! Current version rules say he is King Thor.And sleeping. Kyle is currently Ion again iirc.

Bentley
Yeah, but in the topic it says "GL Hal and Kyle", I'm guessing that means its not the current incarnation of both (in Kyle's case) as he is not a GL now.

I dont know if we can pass that sleeping status to the forum though, if Spiderman is currently in the bathroom, should it be battling with his pants off?

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Bentley
Yeah, but in the topic it says "GL Hal and Kyle", I'm guessing that means its not the current incarnation of both (in Kyle's case) as he is not a GL now.

I dont know if we can pass that sleeping status to the forum though, if Spiderman is currently in the bathroom, should it be battling with his pants off? Is Spider-Man currently permanently in the bathroom?

Bentley
No, but that would be an interesting cliffhanger.

Soujaboy
bump

db_renji
GL's 100/100

They can stop time, take over their minds w/ the rings, or alter their own DNA into superhuman (maybe even kryptonian, there is nothing that says they cant), rearrange molecules, etc. If no PIS, not close.

Supreme being

I disagree i was going to say something about Thor not been shown repeatedly using the god blast but i see master Bruce has taken care of that.

And the Gls for the win i don't think it can be disputed that thor and bill wont put up a fight they will but in the end they will lose.

juggernaut66666
Hal and Kyle FTW

jrodslam
Hal and Kyle. Also, a Lanterns power output increases when used in the vicinity of another Lantern.

As as already staed, ive never seen nor heard of the godblast being used multiple times in a row. And doesnt Thor need time to charge it as well?

Soujaboy
Originally posted by jrodslam
Hal and Kyle. Also, a Lanterns power output increases when used in the vicinity of another Lantern.

As as already staed, ive never seen nor heard of the godblast being used multiple times in a row. And doesnt Thor need time to charge it as well?

Ne he does not...

snoopdogg
Team green takes this imo. BRB and Thor are tough and could take certain GL's but not Hal and Kyle.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Team green takes this imo. BRB and Thor are tough and could take certain GL's but not Hal and Kyle.

I think they could, I don't see much of an advantage on either side except for the asgardians are more ruthless, and have more experience.

juggernaut66666
Gls can stop time.

tru-marvell
The hammers are far more versatile then the rings imo ( Thor has healed using his hammer/traversed time/ABSORBED PRACTICALLY ALL ENERGY FORMS/enchanted other objects)

The ppl (Thor-BRB) are far stronger and better fighters! Nuff' said

Odinsons 9/10

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by tru-marvell
The hammers are far more versatile then the rings imo ( Thor has healed using his hammer/traversed time/ABSORBED PRACTICALLY ALL ENERGY FORMS/enchanted other objects)

The ppl (Thor-BRB) are far stronger and better fighters! Nuff' said

Odinsons 9/10
Nothing is more versitale than a GL ring it can do what ever the user wants.

tru-marvell
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Nothing is more versitale than a GL ring it can do what ever the user wants.

Doubt it, otherwise the Guardians who be undisputed top dogs which they ain't so the rings can't. Even if the rings could, who has been able to achieve such levels of "will power"?

2ndly don't the rings have a use limit? Gotta be recharged or whatever?

Priest
Thor and Beta Ftw 6/10

Evangel94
Thor and Beta Ray Bill take the majority.

Newjak
As for Thor not ebing able to use the Godforce Blast multiple times....Well the GB is basically an all or nothing attack meaning either it works or it doesn't but after using it he has been able to perform other tasks with his powers without seeming drained so it would be logical that he could use it again if he can still use his powers and is not exausted from using them. The biggest reason is that either it works or doesn't meaning either it gets the job done or it doesn't therefore using multiple GBs is kind of worthless.

Anyways as for the fight I'll probably go with Thor BRB for the fair Majority. 7-8/10

People while it is good GLs are getting much more respect don't overdo it. Thor and BRB are both Superman level physical combatants as well as having magical hammers that can do almost everything a GL ring can do as no power has been shown out of its reach before. The other important factor here is that the Hammers can drain energy from all sources and Hal needs his ring to recharge doesn't he.

Anyways basically Thor and BRB should have a logical counter for everything the GLs can produce while still being able to take the fight up close and personal and still be successful. Add to that they are more ruthless in battle then the GLs.

jrodslam
Theres alot of mention about BRB and Thor being stronger and more rutheless than both GL's. Its obvious that they are stronger, but that wont help them get the majority of wins here. GL's are used to Superman lvl powerhouses. They overcome. Ruthless? Who? Certainly not Thor. He CAN be just as Hal or Kyle can be. BRB is the only one who actually shows to be ruthless on a more consistant basis. I dont see 1,000's of years experience playing a factor either. Thor and BRB arent known for their h2h prowess. Hal and Kyle can absorb energy just as Thor and BRB can. They have gone up against opponents who do that, so again it will be nothing new to them.

Can someone show a scan of Thor using the godblast 2 or 3 times in a row? Also id like to see a scan of Thor using the godblast and not having to charge it. Not that i dont believe(although i dont kinda), but id like to see for my own benefit.big grin

It also hasnt been mentioned that a GL's fighting speed has shown to be faster than Thor or BRB has displayed.

Newjak
Originally posted by jrodslam
Theres alot of mention about BRB and Thor being stronger and more rutheless than both GL's. Its obvious that they are stronger, but that wont help them get the majority of wins here. GL's are used to Superman lvl powerhouses. They overcome. Ruthless? Who? Certainly not Thor. He CAN be just as Hal or Kyle can be. BRB is the only one who actually shows to be ruthless on a more consistant basis. I dont see 1,000's of years experience playing a factor either. Thor and BRB arent known for their h2h prowess. Hal and Kyle can absorb energy just as Thor and BRB can. They have gone up against opponents who do that, so again it will be nothing new to them.

Can someone show a scan of Thor using the godblast 2 or 3 times in a row? Also id like to see a scan of Thor using the godblast and not having to charge it. Not that i dont believe(although i dont kinda), but id like to see for my own benefit.big grin

It also hasnt been mentioned that a GL's fighting speed has shown to be faster than Thor or BRB has displayed. It's not just that their stronger but it's on top of the fact that they also can do almost everything a GL can do. Thor and BRB are quite known for the H2H abilities after all it is what they use most of the time. And Thor has gone up against people far beyond a GL in power and people who are basically GLs in Silver Surfer and since when can GLs absorb magical energies like that?

As for combat speed Thor can swing his hammer at the speed of light and fly just as fast so it isn't as big an advantage as you think.

batdude123
Thor and BRB can't do everything Hal and Kyle can do.... I hope that was a joke.

GLs take this one.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by batdude123
Thor and BRB can't do everything Hal and Kyle can do.... I hope that was a joke.

GLs take this one.

What all have GL Kyle and Hal shown they can do in comics?

batdude123
What all have GL Kyle and Hal shown they can do in comics?

Anything they want.

Soujaboy

Anything they want.

So they've shown that they can do everything IN comics? roll eyes (sarcastic)

I didn't ask what there weapons allow them to do, I asked they've done?

Newjak

GLs take this one. You do realize I said almost right obviously their not completely GL rings but they are close and comparable when you think of everything they can do.

You add that on top of the fact they are Superman level physically then that is tough to top. Plus it isn't like GLs are known to do so well against Magic

GLs win the minority since the Asgardians can fight them from afar and in my opinion tkae them up close

batdude123
So they've shown that they can do everything IN comics? roll eyes (sarcastic)

I didn't ask what there weapons allow them to do, I asked they've done?

What a silly question.

If you wanted me to list all the things they've demonstrated over the years throughout their comic book appearances, I'd probably make about 1000 posts reaching the 10,000 character limit. I'm sure you wouldn't want to read through all of that.

They can do anything they will.

Soujaboy
What a silly question.

If you wanted me to list all the things they've demonstrated over the years throughout their comic book appearances, I'd probably make about 1000 posts reaching the 10,000 character limit. I'm sure you wouldn't want to read through all of that.

They can do anything they will.

Yet there human beings who thoughts, confidence, and imagination can be dramatically changed during the course of battle.

batdude123
Originally posted by Newjak
You do realize I said almost right obviously their not completely GL rings but they are close and comparable when you think of everything they can do.

You add that on top of the fact they are Superman level physically then that is tough to top. Plus it isn't like GLs are known to do so well against Magic

GLs win the minority since the Asgardians can fight them from afar and in my opinion tkae them up close

Sure they're comparable.... but GL rings are much much much more versatile.

Anything the Asgardians can do physically, can be accomplished by Hal and Kyle. Besides, if Thor wanted to get in close (which he wouldn't want to do) he'd have to deal with the green aura around their bodies that can adapt to any outside forces w/o the user having to will it.

Thor and BRB aren't taking the majority here.

batdude123
Yet there human beings who thoughts, confidence, and imagination can be dramatically changed during the course of battle.

If you honestly think they'd be shitting all over themselves in fear during a battle with Thor and BRB... you're way off.

Soujaboy
If you honestly think they'd be shitting all over themselves in fear during a battle with Thor and BRB... you're way off.

I didn't say that, just said there humans.

Soujaboy
Sure they're comparable.... but GL rings are much much much more versatile.

Anything the Asgardians can do physically, can be accomplished by Hal and Kyle. Besides, if Thor wanted to get in close (which he wouldn't want to do) he'd have to deal with the green aura around their bodies that can adapt to any outside forces w/o the user having to will it.

Thor and BRB aren't taking the majority here.

Versatility = Surfer = beat down from Thor.stick out tongue

batdude123
I didn't say that, just said there humans.

Humans who have the best will power in the universe...

batdude123
Versatility = Surfer = beat down from Thor.stick out tongue

Apples to oranges, really...

Soujaboy
Humans who have the best will power in the universe...

I guess...

Soujaboy
Apples to oranges, really...

How so, Surfer would most likely own any GL.

batdude123
I guess...

At least they don't look like horses!!! mad

Soujaboy

Their not gods either stick out tongue

batdude123
How so, Surfer would most likely own any GL.

Incorrect.

Surfer isn't owning Kyle or Hal. Anything he can do.... they can do, and then some.

Common misconception on this board seems to be that Surfer is leaps and bounds over any Green Lantern.... a BULLSHIT statement.

I'd actually give a slight majority to either Hal or Kyle.

Anyway, in Surfer/Thor fights, Norrin just seems to fly around on his board and blast.... OF COURSE he isn't going to take a fight like that.

batdude123
Their not gods either stick out tongue

Those rings make them gods...

Soujaboy
Those rings make them gods...

laughing

King_Mungi

Careful, Beta Ray Bill is now a member of Omega Flight, meaning he's under my care. cool

Soujaboy
Incorrect.

Surfer isn't owning Kyle or Hal. Anything he can do.... they can do, and then some.

Common misconception on this board seems to be that Surfer is leaps and bounds over any Green Lantern.... a BULLSHIT statement.

I'd actually give a slight majority to either Hal or Kyle.

Anyway, in Surfer/Thor fights, Norrin just seems to fly around on his board and blast.... OF COURSE he isn't going to take a fight like that.

Damn near anything Surfer can do Thor can do, and if you think about it Thor has shown a wider variety of powers than Surfer. At least he has in the 616 universe.

He isn't leap and bounds above them, but he is above them. when I thin about showings and feats, Surfer is above the two.

I wouldn't

meh, I guess.

Can Gl's absorb magical energies? can they duplicate magical or godly energies?

juggernaut66666
Can Thor stop time?

batdude123
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Careful, Beta Ray Bill is now a member of Omega Flight, meaning he's under my care. cool

Yessa Masta... sad

Soujaboy
Can Thor stop time?

Nope he has had the power taken from him, however it has been stated that Thor or shall I say Mjolnir is beyond time and space. Meaning he is not bound to the limits time and space enact upon the universe. I assume this is the same for BRB considering their weapons are exact replicas.

batdude123
Damn near anything Surfer can do Thor can do, and if you think about it Thor has shown a wider variety of powers than Surfer. At least he has in the 616 universe.

Debatable.

He isn't leap and bounds above them, but he is above them. when I thin about showings and feats, Surfer is above the two.

He isn't above them, seriously. If you go by their top feats... yeah, he's not above them. Kyle has shown more power, and he's more versatile.

Can Gl's absorb magical energies? can they duplicate magical or godly energies?

ANYTHING THEY WANT. no expression

Thor can't match versatility with a GL ring.... sorry. erm He could give them a fight, but he'd lose.

Priest
Can Thor stop time?
when was the last time a GL did that?

Soleran
Yeah I'm going with the blonde guy who speaks in corny english phrases and the horse headed Thor wanna be.

Priest

can u give us any examples of GL's absorbing magical energies..I never heard they could do that, may be Alan, but not the others.

Soujaboy
Debatable.

He isn't above them, seriously. If you go by their top feats... yeah, he's not above them. Kyle has shown more power, and he's more versatile.

Thor can't match versatility with a GL ring.... sorry. erm He could give them a fight, but he'd lose.

Not really.

Kyle does not have more power, however he may be more versatile.

So when have they absorbed magic or godly energies.

Thats depending on if they can absorb magical energies as Thor can oan energy.

whats stopping Thor from absorbing the energy out of Hal's ring?

Priest
Not really.

whats stoping thor from transmigrate their souls?

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Priest
whats stoping thor from their transmigrate souls?

Ask Batdude

nvrbeenwthagirl
When the Angels of Heaven came to invade earth, the only thing that was able to actually hurt those angels with lasting effects, was kyles ring. I"d say the rings have the goods to put down any kind of magic or supernatural enemy when they can do that.

nvrbeenwthagirl
What's stopping the Gl's from turning Thor into light and absorbing him into thier rings?

Priest
Ask Batdude

He'll just say the GL's CAN DO ANYTHING!
stick out tongue

Priest
Whats stoping thor from erasing the GL's memory?

Soujaboy
When the Angels of Heaven came to invade earth, the only thing that was able to actually hurt those angels with lasting effects, was kyles ring. I"d say the rings have the goods to put down any kind of magic or supernatural enemy when they can do that.

We know you would roll eyes (sarcastic)

Soujaboy
What's stopping the Gl's from turning Thor into light and absorbing him into thier rings?

Thor's ability to absorb their energy.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thor's ability to absorb their energy.

Turning someone to light isn't exactly an energy feat. That's a conversion feat.Thor wasn't able to stop himself from being transformed into a frog.

Priest
Turning someone to light isn't exactly an energy feat. That's a conversion feat.Thor wasn't able to stop himself from being transformed into a frog.

U know thor can transmute the other GL's as well? He transmuted absorbing man into Helium gas before.

nvrbeenwthagirl
U know thor can transmute the other GL's as well? He transmuted absorbing man into Helium gas before.

And that's supposed to mean what? Does the Absorbing man have a ring that can shield him from things like that? Does he move at faster than light speeds? can the absorbing man make armies of beings to fight for him and contain big bangs? So that feat doesn't really fly when comparing it to a green lantern.

Soujaboy

How would you absorb a magic spell?

Everything a GL does is with Oan energy, which Thor can absorb.

nvrbeenwthagirl
How would you absorb a magic spell?

Everything a GL does is with Oan energy, which Thor can absorb.

Oan Energy is just DC's version of the Power Cosmic. And I dont' see too many people thinking Thor can beat the Silver Surfer. Geez the rabid Thor jock holding is getting rediculous.

Priest
And that's supposed to mean what?
It means that thor can transmute elements as well. wats not to get?

Does the Absorbing man have a ring that can shield him from things like that?
Does tho have a mijonir that can sheild him from attacts by GL's?-yes

Does he move at faster than light speeds?
Of course not, i was just stating that thor and bill has to the ability to transmute elements as well.

can the absorbing man make armies of beings to fight for him
Why would u want to know if absorbing man can make armies of beings? roll eyes (sarcastic)

and contain big bangs?
Many would consider that as PIS..even the GL fans on this forum.

So that feat doesn't really fly when comparing it to a green lantern.
i have no idea where ur getting at confused

Priest
Oan Energy is just DC's version of the Power Cosmic. And I dont' see too many people thinking Thor can beat the Silver Surfer. Geez the rabid Thor jock holding is getting rediculous.

Thor has absorbed cosmic energies before.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thor has absorbed cosmic energies before.

And the GL's battle magical and Supernatural enemies all the time.

Priest
And the GL's battle magical and Supernatural enemies all the time.
Ok thats nice..but show me examples of GL's absorbing magical/ Mystical energies.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Ok thats nice..but show me examples of GL's absorbing magical/ Mystical energies.

Kyle absorbed the Starhearts energy with ease.

batdude123
can u give us any examples of GL's absorbing magical energies..I never heard they could do that, may be Alan, but not the others.

Kyle

JLA: Divided We Fall

Queen of Fables

Priest
cool.

batdude123
Not really.

What's not debatable about it? Surfer has shown more versatility with his power cosmic.

Kyle has shown every ounce of power Surfer has.

Starheart energies, Queen of Fable's ghouls' energies, etc.

His will. What's stopping Hal from sucking Thor into the ring itself?

batdude123
Whats stoping thor from erasing the GL's memory?

The fact that Hal and Kyle have excellent telepathy blocking defenses.

Hal and Kyle can do anything the want, whereas Thor is kinda limited. Thor's power set is good for some wins, but not the majority. That's how I see this fight. erm

nvrbeenwthagirl
If you compare Feats on the Respect threads, Kyle and Hal have waay more and higher feats than either thor or Brb. They even trump the surfer in feats. I dont' see what's so hard to accept about them winning the majority given thier feats.

snoopdogg
The fact that Hal and Kyle have excellent telepathy blocking defenses.

Indeed.

Soujaboy
If you compare Feats on the Respect threads, Kyle and Hal have waay more and higher feats than either thor or Brb. They even trump the surfer in feats. I dont' see what's so hard to accept about them winning the majority given thier feats.

They do? thats about as debatable as it gets.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Soujaboy
What's not debatable about it? Surfer has shown more versatility with his power cosmic.

Kyle has shown every ounce of power Surfer has.

Starheart energies, Queen of Fable's ghouls' energies, etc.

His will. What's stopping Hal from sucking Thor into the ring itself?

No Surfer has not, compare the feats and whats been done if you wish.

And Surfer has stated that Thor is more powerful than he, and it has been shown.

Starheart energy is mystical or magical in nature?

Is a ghoul a hammer which has been enchanted by an uber skyfather?

What magical energies has Hal absorbed?

Whats stopping Thor from sucking away Hal's life force?

Soujaboy
bump

Soleran
I thought Thor could only suck the souls of Asgardians though.

Lol yeah Thor likes to suck Asgardians (Souls) that is.

snoopdogg
Thor sucks Asgardians?

Blair Wind

yes no expression

Its something like all the wild magic in the universe erm

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Blair Wind
yes no expression

Its something like all the wild magic in the universe erm

K

xmarksthespot
GLs.

batdude123
No Surfer has not, compare the feats and whats been done if you wish.

And Surfer has stated that Thor is more powerful than he, and it has been shown.

Is a ghoul a hammer which has been enchanted by an uber skyfather?

What magical energies has Hal absorbed?

Whats stopping Thor from sucking away Hal's life force?

I honestly couldn't give two shits about how Thor compares to Silver Surfer.

Starheart energy? Hell yes it is.

First of all, all you asked was if Kyle has manipulated magical energy.... which is a yes. And yeah, the Queen of Fables is an uber powerful magical skyfather.

He's done it plenty of times.

A shield, and a stronger will power.

There's so many different ways Hal & Kyle can win this fight, it's rediculous. Thor and BRB are LIMITED, whereas Hal and Kyle are not.

Newjak
I honestly couldn't give two shits about how Thor compares to Silver Surfer.

Starheart energy? Hell yes it is.

First of all, all you asked was if Kyle has manipulated magical energy.... which is a yes. And yeah, the Queen of Fables is an uber powerful magical skyfather.

He's done it plenty of times.

A shield, and a stronger will power.

There's so many different ways Hal & Kyle can win this fight, it's rediculous. Thor and BRB are LIMITED, whereas Hal and Kyle are not. Um since SS is basically Hal or Kyle on their best days then yeah how Thor compares to SS is important.

Now what is this Thor and BRB limited crap everything you said to defeat them Thor and BRB could do back to Kyle and Hal.

Transmutation well Kyle and Hal are now gasses oh they protect themselves with there rings guess what Thor and BRB protect themselves with their hammers get got it good.

The difference Thor and BRB can take this close up while Kyle and Hal can't because two Superman level strength characters aren't what they want to fight up close.

And Hal and Kyle's feats aren't that good since SS can remake an entire planet and the big bang feat is considered PIS by everyone with any real common sense on this board.

All this versaitlity they have against Thor and BRB aren't that good everything you've stated that they can do Thor and BRB have a counter or the ability to do it back it's simple give me a feat you think would beat Thor and BRB and I'll give you something Thor can do back and r absorb.

batdude123
Um since SS is basically Hal or Kyle on their best days then yeah how Thor compares to SS is important.

All the Thor and Silver Surfer fights have consisted of Silver Surfer flying around on his board and blasting away at Thor. I'm not impressed.

Not to mention the GLs have an advantage over Norrin. Each ring has an intelligent computer fitted inside of it. The ring can fend for itself w/o the user having to actually will it.

Now what is this Thor and BRB limited crap

Yes, they are limited compared to Hal and Kyle. They can't do anything they will like Kyle and Hal can.

everything you said to defeat them Thor and BRB could do back to Kyle and Hal.

Um, I really haven't named any specifics. It would be too monotonous for me to do that, considering they can literally to anything they want. For me to list a way for them to win seems kinda restrictory.

Transmutation well Kyle and Hal are now gasses oh they protect themselves with there rings guess what Thor and BRB protect themselves with their hammers get got it good.

So Thor and BRB have protected themselves from transmutation w/ their hammers before?

The difference Thor and BRB can take this close up while Kyle and Hal can't because two Superman level strength characters aren't what they want to fight up close.

Strength HARDLY matters in this fight considering Hal and Kyle can will themselves to be their equals in strength.

Hal broke Cyborg Superman's jaw, and he beat Mongul in a h2h fight before.

Kyle when he got mad punched asteroids to dust.

Oh, and a huge advantage the GLs can give themselves is speed. Their speed feats trump the shit out of any speed feats Thor or BRB have shown. Kyle has flown from one end of the universe to the other in under a day...

And Hal and Kyle's feats aren't that good since SS can remake an entire planet and the big bang feat is considered PIS by everyone with any real common sense on this board.

Huh?

Kyle has indeed remaid planets before, and he's manipulated a solar system before.

Not to mention all of the other crazy crap he's done as well.

Nothing Norrin has shown puts him over Kyle.

All this versaitlity they have against Thor and BRB aren't that good

hysterical2

everything you've stated that they can do Thor and BRB have a counter or the ability to do it back it's simple give me a feat you think would beat Thor and BRB and I'll give you something Thor can do back and r absorb.

Why should I do that? Hal and Kyle can do anything they want, and Thor and BRB are limited to whatever the hammer can do.

Like I've said before; the power contained in the hammer is enough for a few wins outta 10, but at the end of the day Hal and Kyle would take the majority.

Newjak
All the Thor and Silver Surfer fights have consisted of Silver Surfer flying around on his board and blasting away at Thor. I'm not impressed. I'm not saying they were impressive but the fact is SS is just as good as Kyle and Hal and Thor is in the same league as SS and his powers can rival that of SS's so to say that Thor and BRB are going to be overwhelmed by Hal and Kyle is in fact a stupid thought on anyones part sondiering the being they have faced

SS has better reaction abilities then the GLs so whatever the ring can counter SS can think just as fast so no they don't have an advantage and by the way most of what the GLs have their rings do have to be pre-programed unless your refering to the auto-shields which aren't that good.

laughing This staement I'm sorry. Of course I can't argue it has been stated that the rings can do whatever they want but honestly you've got to have some common sense here BD. I mean Hulk has unlimited strength but no one is aying he is going to win an arm wrestling match with Eternity. Also they may be able to do alot but honestly why are GLs considered Herald level oh wait because they are herald level.

Basically if you give any feat you want I can gurante I can come up with something similar for Thor so while they may have more potential feats and power levels stat otherwise.

Yet they haven't been shown to be able to defeat everyone so obviously they can't do everything they want.

Well they have transmutated people so obviously if they wanted to yes but where hasa GL protected themselves from being transmutated

Most of those feats are still below Thor and BRB in strength nad besides the GLs have to amp themselves costing more enrgy and having to do more the Asgardians have it naturally so they are free to do more without having to amp themselves

This speed advantage again listen the Asgardains can travel at light speeds they can react to people with lightspeed abilities this isn't as big an advantage as you think.

Correction Kyle put together rock and made it a barren planet Norrin has made fertile bustling planet before. Plus most of the big crazy stuff Kyle does was as Ion his normal showings are in fact below SS

They can do alot but they limited to power level herals meaning they can't do everything

And the rings are limited to however much power they are given from the Oan source which only makes them heralds otherwise every GL would eb able to do everything and we know that isn't true. Hal and Kyle are versatile but Thor and BRB can counter plenty of Herlad level attacks and more plus they don't have to worry about wasting energy to amp up their physical abilities they already have them. That gets them more wins if you ask me

batdude123
I'm not saying they were impressive but the fact is SS is just as good as Kyle and Hal and Thor is in the same league as SS and his powers can rival that of SS's so to say that Thor and BRB are going to be overwhelmed by Hal and Kyle is in fact a stupid thought on anyones part sondiering the being they have faced

Did I say something like Kyle and Hal would take this fight 10/10? No, I didn't. All I said was Kyle and Hal would take the majority here.

SS has better reaction abilities then the GLs so whatever the ring can counter SS can think just as fast so no they don't have an advantage and by the way most of what the GLs have their rings do have to be pre-programed unless your refering to the auto-shields which aren't that good.

Yeah, SS definitely does not think as fast, or faster than the rings do.

The auras around their bodies compensate to any outside forces that are applied to it. So let's say that someone were to keep pummeling the outside of their auras. The shots become harder and harder.... and all the while the shield becomes stronger and stronger because of it. The user doesn't even have to will it.

laughing This staement I'm sorry. Of course I can't argue it has been stated that the rings can do whatever they want but honestly you've got to have some common sense here BD.

I have enough common sense to say that Hal and Kyle would take the majority here.

I mean Hulk has unlimited strength but no one is aying he is going to win an arm wrestling match with Eternity. Also they may be able to do alot but honestly why are GLs considered Herald level oh wait because they are herald level.

Did I say they were skyfather level in any way? No, all I said was the can do anything they WILL.... which is a true statement.

The only limitations are their will powers, and their creativity.

Can't say the same for Thor or BRB.

Yet they haven't been shown to be able to defeat everyone so obviously they can't do everything they want.

huh

Of course they can't beat everyone. However it's certainly within their power to beat Thor and BRB for the majority.

Well they have transmutated people so obviously if they wanted to yes but where hasa GL protected themselves from being transmutated

Hmm.... so that's a no. wink

Hal and Kyle have both protected themselves from transmutation before.... many times.

Most of those feats are still below Thor and BRB in strength nad besides the GLs have to amp themselves costing more enrgy and having to do more the Asgardians have it naturally so they are free to do more without having to amp themselves

I'm telling you jak (that's what I'm calling you from now on stick out tongue) that strength hardly matters in this situation at all.

And considering all the things they've done with their rings, that hardly expells much energy.

We're talking about a guy who has turned a star into mere atoms, and a guy who has manipulated a solar system.

This speed advantage again listen the Asgardains can travel at light speeds they can react to people with lightspeed abilities this isn't as big an advantage as you think.

erm

Hal is a guy who travelled 132 light years in mere seconds.

Kyle has travelled from one end of the universe to the other in under a day.

Thor has never delt with speeds like that, and he sure as hell couldn't handle that.

Correction Kyle put together rock and made it a barren planet Norrin has made fertile bustling planet before. Plus most of the big crazy stuff Kyle does was as Ion his normal showings are in fact below SS

Hal has created Oa before, including all of its technology.

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/7eb4b638.jpg
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/fb4d5672.jpg
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/4185695e.jpg
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/60bec87a.jpg

Plus, as you already know (it was your idea in the first place stick out tongue), Kyle can create Daxamites with access to the speed force.

They can do alot but they limited to power level herals meaning they can't do everything

They can still do a lot more than Thor or BRB can even dream of.

I'd like to see Thor create living matter such as the ENTIRE GL corps fitted with rings.

And the rings are limited to however much power they are given from the Oan source which only makes them heralds otherwise every GL would eb able to do everything and we know that isn't true. Hal and Kyle are versatile but Thor and BRB can counter plenty of Herlad level attacks and more plus they don't have to worry about wasting energy to amp up their physical abilities they already have them. That gets them more wins if you ask me

Kyle doesn't have to recharge his ring, and Hal is more than capable of taking down Thor or BRB.

Thor and Horseface aren't getting more wins. Honestly, they're too restricted. When it comes to being herald level, Kyle and Hal are top dogs. erm

Blair Wind
Plus, as you already know (it was your idea in the first place stick out tongue), Kyle can create Daxamites with access to the speed force.

Correction. My idea smile

Newjak
Did I say something like Kyle and Hal would take this fight 10/10? No, I didn't. All I said was Kyle and Hal would take the majority here.

Yeah, SS definitely does not think as fast, or faster than the rings do.

The auras around their bodies compensate to any outside forces that are applied to it. So let's say that someone were to keep pummeling the outside of their auras. The shots become harder and harder.... and all the while the shield becomes stronger and stronger because of it. The user doesn't even have to will it.

I have enough common sense to say that Hal and Kyle would take the majority here.

Did I say they were skyfather level in any way? No, all I said was the can do anything they WILL.... which is a true statement.

The only limitations are their will powers, and their creativity.

Can't say the same for Thor or BRB.

huh

Of course they can't beat everyone. However it's certainly within their power to beat Thor and BRB for the majority.

Hmm.... so that's a no. wink

Hal and Kyle have both protected themselves from transmutation before.... many times.

I'm telling you jak (that's what I'm calling you from now on stick out tongue) that strength hardly matters in this situation at all.

And considering all the things they've done with their rings, that hardly expells much energy.

We're talking about a guy who has turned a star into mere atoms, and a guy who has manipulated a solar system.

erm

Hal is a guy who travelled 132 light years in mere seconds.

Kyle has travelled from one end of the universe to the other in under a day.

Thor has never delt with speeds like that, and he sure as hell couldn't handle that.

Hal has created Oa before, including all of its technology.

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/7eb4b638.jpg
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/fb4d5672.jpg
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/4185695e.jpg
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/60bec87a.jpg

They can still do a lot more than Thor or BRB can even dream of.

I'd like to see Thor create living matter such as the ENTIRE GL corps fitted with rings.

Kyle doesn't have to recharge his ring, and Hal is more than capable of taking down Thor or BRB.

Thor and Horseface aren't getting more wins. Honestly, they're too restricted. When it comes to being herald level, Kyle and Hal are top dogs. erm All right I'm not gonna answer every statement here because alot of it is the same but here is the key points.

SS can travel at warp speeds and be around the universe in short bits of time after all it was his primary job once.

Secondly yes the rings are based on willpower and creavtivity but that means as much as dirt because if you have a defenetive power level your not going past it no matter how much you will it unless your being given more juice then normal. And as far as wide range abilities the Hammers may never show the same microscopic details in versaitiliy the GL rings do but they have all the bases covered so to speak and I never tried to say they are equal in abilities but there are only so many powers one can do before alot of them because useless or one time beneficary powers.

Thor and BRB Hammers can take away the Bulk of what the GLs can do to them which is the point I was trying to make. Of course there are a number of other things they can do but in what reality will that contribute to the match. The Hammers have all the big bases covered which is what is important.

Next if physical close range abilities aren't important in this match then why is Superman(not saying superman should win) able beat a GL at all even if it is a minority yet your going to say people in Supes league of strength with far more abilties based in magic which isn't the most natural thing for a GL to block are not gonna have a much better chance especially when they can take it close.

Plus if BRB and Thor concentrate enough on it I'm sure they could drain Hal's ring leaving it two on one.

Thor has traveled across galaxies in moments as well of course it was teleporting but still the GLs aren't gonna be able to stay away from the Asgardians as long as they are using their abilities to the fullest.

Basically I've always seen Thor as kind of a slightly weaker Superman and a slightly less powerful GL but when you combine those two categories he really is tops in the herald class

Either way though I would love to see this battle actually done in a comic now that I think about it because it is close

juggernaut66666

Thor and BRB Hammers can take away the Bulk of what the GLs can do to them which is the point I was trying to make. Of course there are a number of other things they can do but in what reality will that contribute to the match. The Hammers have all the big bases covered which is what is important. Hal has beaten Mongul in h2h and broke Cyborg Superman's jaw those guys are in Superman's league so Thor and Beta Ray Bill don't really have any strenght advantage.

Newjak
Hal has beaten Mongul in h2h and broke Cyborg Superman's jaw those guys are in Superman's league so Thor and Beta Ray Bill don't really have any strenght advantage. And Thor has crackeds the dome piece of a celestial so what.

The point is tha tthey have to willing amp themselves to those levels and often times it seems to be at the loss of their ability to do otherthings at the same time while Thor and BRB don't have that weakness as they are god given that strength so they are still free to do other things.

batdude123
All right I'm not gonna answer every statement here because alot of it is the same but here is the key points.

SS can travel at warp speeds and be around the universe in short bits of time after all it was his primary job once.

Secondly yes the rings are based on willpower and creavtivity but that means as much as dirt because if you have a defenetive power level your not going past it no matter how much you will it unless your being given more juice then normal. And as far as wide range abilities the Hammers may never show the same microscopic details in versaitiliy the GL rings do but they have all the bases covered so to speak and I never tried to say they are equal in abilities but there are only so many powers one can do before alot of them because useless or one time beneficary powers.

Thor and BRB Hammers can take away the Bulk of what the GLs can do to them which is the point I was trying to make. Of course there are a number of other things they can do but in what reality will that contribute to the match. The Hammers have all the big bases covered which is what is important.

Next if physical close range abilities aren't important in this match then why is Superman(not saying superman should win) able beat a GL at all even if it is a minority yet your going to say people in Supes league of strength with far more abilties based in magic which isn't the most natural thing for a GL to block are not gonna have a much better chance especially when they can take it close.

Plus if BRB and Thor concentrate enough on it I'm sure they could drain Hal's ring leaving it two on one.

Thor has traveled across galaxies in moments as well of course it was teleporting but still the GLs aren't gonna be able to stay away from the Asgardians as long as they are using their abilities to the fullest.

Basically I've always seen Thor as kind of a slightly weaker Superman and a slightly less powerful GL but when you combine those two categories he really is tops in the herald class

Either way though I would love to see this battle actually done in a comic now that I think about it because it is close

Surfer DOES NOT use his speed in fights. Period. I don't care what twisted logic you put on the Thor/Surfer fights; those fights have ALWAYS been "blast blast blast.... " Kyle and Hal can do much much much much (x 10000) more than just that. no expression

I've acknowledged Thor's range of abilities in this fight. The godly duo can get a few wins, but anything more than 3-4/10 is majorly pushing it.

Especially when they'd have other independent GLs, and Daxamites on their asses as well.

There are SO many different things Kyle and Hal could do to win this fight, I really don't care to enumerate all the possibilities.

Superman could only compete with Hal if he were to use his reflex/combat speed advantage in a fight with Hal. Even then, he'd still wind up with the minorities of the wins.

Hal could suck them INTO his ring as well.

GLs take this fight.

Newjak
Surfer DOES NOT use his speed in fights. Period. I don't care what twisted logic you put on the Thor/Surfer fights; those fights have ALWAYS been "blast blast blast.... " Kyle and Hal can do much much much much (x 10000) more than just that. no expression

I've acknowledged Thor's range of abilities in this fight. The godly duo can get a few wins, but anything more than 3-4/10 is majorly pushing it.

Especially when they'd have other independent GLs, and Daxamites on their asses as well.

There are SO many different things Kyle and Hal could do to win this fight, I really don't care to enumerate all the possibilities.

Superman could only compete with Hal if he were to use his reflex/combat speed advantage in a fight with Hal. Even then, he'd still wind up with the minorities of the wins.

Hal could suck them INTO his ring as well.

GLs take this fight. Well Thor and BRB could just teleport out of the ring or take their souls.

I haven't taken into account the constructs becuae for some reason I just refuse to believe Hal can create the entire GL corps without some other factor being invloved and woul like to see a scan of it.

Secondly the Daxamites take a strain on Kyle yes I know it takes awhile but most of the Daxamites are completey dependent upon the energy they have which Thor and BRB can drain very easily.

Thats right Superman cna take a minority now take Superman plus some magical abilities no real weakness to exploit and the fact they can do a number of things to counter the GLs

Yeah well think of Thor and BRB as the magical GLs because they take the slight majority in this fight and Hal and Kyle are the ones getting 3-4/10 wins in this fight.

juggernaut66666
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t366379.html
no expression

Newjak
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t366379.html
no expression Thanks I've already seen that thread man and trust me I know it pretty well.

batdude123
Well Thor and BRB could just teleport out of the ring or take their souls.

I haven't taken into account the constructs becuae for some reason I just refuse to believe Hal can create the entire GL corps without some other factor being invloved and woul like to see a scan of it.

Secondly the Daxamites take a strain on Kyle yes I know it takes awhile but most of the Daxamites are completey dependent upon the energy they have which Thor and BRB can drain very easily.

Thats right Superman cna take a minority now take Superman plus some magical abilities no real weakness to exploit and the fact they can do a number of things to counter the GLs

Yeah well think of Thor and BRB as the magical GLs because they take the slight majority in this fight and Hal and Kyle are the ones getting 3-4/10 wins in this fight.

While inside the ring, Hal or Kyle would be like God. Thor & BRB pretty much couldn't do anything w/o being subjected to their will. If Hal and/or Kyle didn't want them to escape, they wouldn't be able to. They could just stop time inside there, and keep them frozen.

It's in the thread Juggs posted.

Um, with Daxamites and a shit load of GLs to worry about, the hammer boys would fall.... BADLY.

Thor doesn't have the reaction/combat speeds of Supes.... making that statement moot.

Newjak
While inside the ring, Hal or Kyle would be like God. Thor & BRB pretty much couldn't do anything w/o being subjected to their will. If Hal and/or Kyle didn't want them to escape, they wouldn't be able to. They could just stop time inside there, and keep them frozen.

It's in the thread Juggs posted.

Um, with Daxamites and a shit load of GLs to worry about, the hammer boys would fall.... BADLY.

Thor doesn't have the reaction/combat speeds of Supes.... making that statement moot. Well then Maybe Thor would just teleport all them to Asgard.

Speaking of time hasn't Thor done something with time before I can't remeber wether he froze it or just traveled it.

Anyways like I said I'm even factoring that GL core thing itno the equation seems a little to out there for me to believe it was all Hal.

Daxamites aren't that Bad Thor and BRB could drain all the sunlight and GL energy from them pretty easily.

Although it could serve as big enough distraction for Kyle and Hal to do something maybe causing a stalemate so I'll say 5/10 push

batdude123
Well then Maybe Thor would just teleport all them to Asgard.

Speaking of time hasn't Thor done something with time before I can't remeber wether he froze it or just traveled it.

Anyways like I said I'm even factoring that GL core thing itno the equation seems a little to out there for me to believe it was all Hal.

Daxamites aren't that Bad Thor and BRB could drain all the sunlight and GL energy from them pretty easily.

Although it could serve as big enough distraction for Kyle and Hal to do something maybe causing a stalemate so I'll say 5/10 push

Daxamites aren't that bad? confused Daxamites are Superman level... combine that with the fact that Kyle can give them access to the speed force in which the can take and/or lend speed?? Yeah...

Anyway, I see this as being a 7/10 majority for Hally boy and Kyle. erm wink

masterbruce
Daxamites aren't that bad? confused Daxamites are Superman level... combine that with the fact that Kyle can give them access to the speed force in which the can take and/or lend speed?? Yeah...

Anyway, I see this as being a 7/10 majority for Hally boy and Kyle. erm wink

if the Gls are as powerful as you've described them, how do you even see the Hammer bros taking 3 wins?

batdude123
if the Gls are as powerful as you've described them, how do you even see the Hammer bros taking 3 wins?

To keep Thor fanboys from bitching... shifty stick out tongue ninja

Nah, I think it's within their power sets to take a minority of the wins. wink

Newjak

Anyway, I see this as being a 7/10 majority for Hally boy and Kyle. erm wink You do know the whole speed lending thing was just something me and B-Dub put togehter right for the tourny. The Daxamites themselves never showed that abilitity stick out tongue

They are only Superman level characters without the Superman speed fighting feats wink

Anyways the problem is that one person on your tema in Hal has limited charage and can be drained making it 2 on 1 and the same thing can be said for the Daxamites sun energy and GL energy being drained meaning they would be normal humans......oh this gives me an idea in the Superman Thor fight evil face

Anyways if you think about it The Hammers have never been drained or run out of energy so Hal and Kyle by logic would never be able to drai nthe Hammers while Hal can and with no charge Hal become shuman until he can recharge taking him out f the fight.

batdude123
You do know the whole speed lending thing was just something me and B-Dub put togehter right for the tourny. The Daxamites themselves never showed that abilitity stick out tongue

They are only Superman level characters without the Superman speed fighting feats wink

Anyways the problem is that one person on your tema in Hal has limited charage and can be drained making it 2 on 1 and the same thing can be said for the Daxamites sun energy and GL energy being drained meaning they would be normal humans......oh this gives me an idea in the Superman Thor fight evil face

Anyways if you think about it The Hammers have never been drained or run out of energy so Hal and Kyle by logic would never be able to drai nthe Hammers while Hal can and with no charge Hal become shuman until he can recharge taking him out f the fight.

Kyle's constructs HAVE indeed given speed before:

http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2greenlanterncircleoffire02113.jpg
http://img467.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2greenlanterncircleoffire02123.jpg

Daxamites are SUPPOSEDLY (I don't buy into it) better than Superman.

Power sapping from Hal has been tried millions of times... people have failed. Hal either shunts the energy sapping forces elsewhere, or he simply wills the energy NOT to be sucked out.

Btw, nice try with Superman. Ruin tried it, and Superman casually explained how his body can absorb energy just as fast as it's siphoned out. smile So, it really wouldn't work.

Power sapping is not even a 10000th of a percent of what all the GLs can do.

Blair Wind
You do know the whole speed lending thing was just something me and B-Dub put togehter right for the tourny. The Daxamites themselves never showed that abilitity stick out tongue

A) your memory must be bad. Because she did do that (well...one of his construcs. He could just mix them together) erm

B) ask mon el about daxamite fighting speeds

Newjak
Kyle's constructs HAVE indeed given speed before:

http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2greenlanterncircleoffire02113.jpg
http://img467.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2greenlanterncircleoffire02123.jpg

Daxamites are SUPPOSEDLY (I don't buy into it) better than Superman.

Power sapping from Hal has been tried millions of times... people have failed. Hal either shunts the energy sapping forces elsewhere, or he simply wills the energy NOT to be sucked out.

Btw, nice try with Superman. Ruin tried it, and Superman casually explained how his body can absorb energy just as fast as it's siphoned out. smile So, it really wouldn't work.

Power sapping is not even a 10000th of a percent of what all the GLs can do. I know one of them did but not the Daxamites.

Daxamites aren't better than Superman heck Superman trashed a thousand Imperiex Probes where one of was to much for a thousand Daxamites I think that was the number?

You do understand that Thor and BRB aren't just normal beings right when it comes to Hal he may be able to will other people off but trying to stop two magical hammers from draining him is different and give me an actual feat this time instead of saying he has done it a million times.

And power draining isn't even completely what Thor can od

How about this Thor simply takes the souls of Kyle and Hal and he is done with it. Before you go off on a ring tangent and blocking it the rings don't block everything that is why GLs can loose and they don't stop all attacks. The auto shields only protect a GL from physical attacks everything else the GLs themselves have to do.

batdude123
I know one of them did but not the Daxamites.

Daxamites aren't better than Superman heck Superman trashed a thousand Imperiex Probes where one of was to much for a thousand Daxamites I think that was the number?

You do understand that Thor and BRB aren't just normal beings right when it comes to Hal he may be able to will other people off but trying to stop two magical hammers from draining him is different and give me an actual feat this time instead of saying he has done it a million times.

And power draining isn't even completely what Thor can od

How about this Thor simply takes the souls of Kyle and Hal and he is done with it. Before you go off on a ring tangent and blocking it the rings don't block everything that is why GLs can loose and they don't stop all attacks. The auto shields only protect a GL from physical attacks everything else the GLs themselves have to do.

That's 'cause Superman is just that pimp. happy

You realize Hal has resisted it from skyfather level characters...

How about Hal and Kyle can do anything they can possibly think of in a fight against Thor or BRB. How about they can also suck out their souls, or do anything Thor can do, and then some? How about that?

Kyle and Hal take the majority here. roll eyes (sarcastic)

xmarksthespot
Question out of curiosity: If I chucked Thor and BRB onto Oa and made them fight the Guardians does any actually think they could just absorb all attacks and suck their souls out?

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Question out of curiosity: If I chucked Thor and BRB onto Oa and made them fight the Guardians does any actually think they could just absorb all attacks and suck their souls out?
Are you kidding?????
Those are magic hammers....

Newjak
That's 'cause Superman is just that pimp. happy

You realize Hal has resisted it from skyfather level characters...

How about Hal and Kyle can do anything they can possibly think of in a fight against Thor or BRB. How about they can also suck out their souls, or do anything Thor can do, and then some? How about that?

Kyle and Hal take the majority here. roll eyes (sarcastic) Thor has hit and resisted beings beyond skyfather stick out tongue

And Thor can do it plus it's magical which is harder to block plus now that I think about it Thor could break the connection betweem Kyle and Hal by using his hammer to break the connection thus permenatly draining them for awhile so BRB can then kil both of them.

He did to Cain and broke the connection between him and Cyttorak which by the way Cyttorak is above Skyfather as well.
shifty

Newjak
Question out of curiosity: If I chucked Thor and BRB onto Oa and made them fight the Guardians does any actually think they could just absorb all attacks and suck their souls out? No but two of them draining Hal(a Herald level) at the same time could.

But of obviously there not effecting actual lower skyfather beings

xmarksthespot
What exactly would Kyle be doing while this happened, assuming it even plausible? The cucaracha? erm

Newjak
What exactly would Kyle be doing while this happened, assuming it even plausible? The cucaracha? erm I'm not saying it is full proof but there are number of things each team could do to the other.

Thor could reverse time until Kyle and Hal are babies, he could suck their souls drain Hal's ring

batdude123
I'm not saying it is full proof but there are number of things each team could do to the other.

Thor could reverse time until Kyle and Hal are babies, he could suck their souls drain Hal's ring

Thor doesn't have as good of time control as Hal and Kyle do.

Newjak
Thor doesn't have as good of time control as Hal and Kyle do. Really so if Thor turned them into Babies Hal and Kyle could stop it right well I don't think so Magic hard to overcome

batdude123
Really so if Thor turned them into Babies Hal and Kyle could stop it right well I don't think so Magic hard to overcome

huh

Hal and Kyle have BETTER control over time. I don't see what's so hard to comprehend.

And don't think that just because something is magical means that it trumps everything else.

Newjak
huh

Hal and Kyle have BETTER control over time. I don't see what's so hard to comprehend.

And don't think that just because something is magical means that it trumps everything else. The general rule is Magic does trump everything else my friend just look at Dr. Strange and Dr. Fate stick out tongue

Anywyas why would you say they have better control what exactly have they've shown

Soujaboy
Thor doesn't have as good of time control as Hal and Kyle do.

Thor has been stated to be beyond time...

UniOmni
This match is funny.

On one hand, we've got the Thunderous ones crossing galaxies, and handing out godblasts, and absorbing universe destroying blasts willy nilly.

On the other, we've got the Gls recreating the Corps, big bangatastic shielding and Daxamite GLs and the like.

Averages should count for something people!

I favor the thunderers, for the same reason why i'd favor Surfer over them.

Natural physical uberness, plus great energy projection = monsters.

GLs are powerful, and great but they're ultimately human.

Plus the hammers are known energy drainers, and in a ring slinging match, energy is key.

The natural physical advantages, plus the hammers energy manipulation, imo = the ThunderGods 6/10.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by UniOmni
This match is funny.

On one hand, we've got the Thunderous ones crossing galaxies, and handing out godblasts, and absorbing universe destroying blasts willy nilly.

On the other, we've got the Gls recreating the Corps, big bangatastic shielding and Daxamite GLs and the like.

Averages should count for something people!

I favor the thunderers, for the same reason why i'd favor Surfer over them.

Natural physical uberness, plus great energy projection = monsters.

GLs are powerful, and great but they're ultimately human.

Plus the hammers are known energy drainers, and in a ring slinging match, energy is key.

The natural physical advantages, plus the hammers energy manipulation, imo = the ThunderGods 6/10.

How ya been?

Soujaboy
bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.