Symbolism. In Potc Dmc And Cotbp

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PIRATES=SEX
lets record all the symbolism , we see and hear in both movies and analyze the data.

I WILL START.

It is said in movies , "WATER" of any type is symobolism of a "new" life or new beginning. Water is a big symbol in the potc saga. When elizabeth is talking to norrington and falls into the water then jack saves her was symbolism , As soon as she hit that water she had begun "a new life" For example another movie where water is used as symbolism for "a new life" is in "romeo + juliet" In this modern version of the original , both lovers each have a scene where they are sticking thier head into water , also the first time the lovers meet is when both are looking though a fish tank and catch a glimpse of the other person But the most dramatic and symbolic change was the "balcony scene" which in the modern version took place in a pool of water.
Water is associated with being in the womb, baptism, and an unknown world waiting to be discovered similar to outer space. Water is a symbol of life, cleansing, and rebirth. It is a strong life force, and is often depicted as a living, reasoning force.

I just thought i would share that.

SarahB
oh ryt yh kl...thnx 4 sharinsmile

PIRATES=SEX
your welcome. sorry about the romeo and juliet comparison , but i absolutely love romeo and juliet.

Bwa Ha Ha
water.......like elizabeth's dress sinking in both movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.