Justice League Heroes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Super Guy
I wasn't sure if there was a thread about this but i used the search function so whatever...
What do people think?
And could anyone please tell me how to win the last boss battle (I think)... against Darkseid
I beat him once and he got unbeatable. I assume the New Gods super computer thing (what's it called...? Damn, my mind's blank)... has something to do with it, but I tried getting him caught in its funny vortexes and that was useless... any help, amigos? sad

Howard_Jones
The game was meh.

Super Guy
You completed it? How'd ya beat him then...?
And the game's OK, I enjoyed getting a chance to play as some DC heroes... somegreat characters were available, the lesser known ones especially... Green Arrow and Hal as a team at last! And I liked Hawkgirl and Huntress as unlockables... but, yeah, it was basically a DC attwempt at XML...

Validus
JLH, XML, and Marvel: UA are all pretty mediocre.

And that Darkseid fight was pretty easy. I don't remember a certain strategy. Are you destroying those generators spread around the room?

Super Guy
Generators? There are generators? amn, i ought to look at levels... i tried destroying one and nothing happened so i assumed they didn't do anything. Thanks...

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Validus
JLH, XML, and Marvel: UA are all pretty mediocre.

And that Darkseid fight was pretty easy. I don't remember a certain strategy. Are you destroying those generators spread around the room? I'm deciding on whether to get JLH PSP or Superman returns for the PS2. I imagine that JLH is better but Superman just seems like its a really fun game but not necessarily good.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
The game was meh.

sick co-sign

Super Guy
But it's far better than UA from what I've played of Alliance so far... JLH was pretty fun, and thanks for the help, Validus, I managed to beat darkseid... using Green Arrow only from start to finish. Man, Ollie rocks like Hell!

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by Super Guy
But it's far better than UA from what I've played of Alliance so far...

You should play more of alliance then.

pr1983
Originally posted by Big Sexy
I'm deciding on whether to get JLH PSP or Superman returns for the PS2. I imagine that JLH is better but Superman just seems like its a really fun game but not necessarily good.

superman wears out its welcome really quickly... rent it for a few days and you'll see what i mean...

i'm gonna take a look at jlh though, anyone have it on ps2? if so, what extras are there?

Validus
Originally posted by pr1983
superman wears out its welcome really quickly... rent it for a few days and you'll see what i mean...

i'm gonna take a look at jlh though, anyone have it on ps2? if so, what extras are there?
Just some extra characters.

I think JLH and Alliance both do somethings better than the other. In the end neither is worth the price tag.

Lucid Lui
Really? I was ready to buy this just for Aquaman. But if the rest isn't all that great maybe i'll have to rent it out first and have a looksee.

Validus
I beat the game 2 or 3 times during a rental. It's pretty short so you can get your fill of it.

pr1983
Originally posted by Validus
Just some extra characters.

I think JLH and Alliance both do somethings better than the other. In the end neither is worth the price tag.

i rent pretty much every game im thinking of buying, just to try it out... utlimate alliance, i cant rent due to my local shop only selling it (asses), so im gonna play jlh instead... very few games worthwhile on ps2 this xmas...

also ive noticed a that im starting to like more dc characters than marvel ones (and my favourite marvel characters were either in xmen legends or just arent selectable in UA), so this game appeals to me more than ultimate alliance does...

pr1983
'pologies for the double post...

Alright, i got this game off my bro for xmas (he works in a game shop, which is pretty cool), and i have to say i'm actually enjoying it quite a lot...

there's a good bit of variety in the powers, the graphics are nice enough, and the alternate costumes are actually interesting (not like superman returns, which was pretty shit superman costume wise)

i mostly play as supes, flash and hal, and im on the gorilla city level, where you pick two teams...

willRules
Yeah I don't think it's an awful game, it would be better if you could play as more characters at the same time like the legends and UA game. I think I prefer MUA but only because JLH needs a few obvious improvements yes

Super Guy
I liked it, though having completed Marvel Ultimate Allliance, I do prefer UA (just for the chnace to use an Ultimates team- Fury, Cap, Thor and IM)... but JLH was good fun, and Green Arrow pwns!

Redatom65
there is more characters in UA and more freedom to choose them. There was nothing to do on a second time round. it was fun. But not replayable. Now only if they improve upon their mistakes and add Captain Atom to a sequel. key word. "A"

willRules
I have only just got the game so I'm only on the level after you defeat Grodd and stop his earthquake doohickey. I have bought a couple of costumes and unlocked Aquaman and Huntress. I didn't realise there were two extra psp unlock-able characters to my pleasant surprise; Supergirl and Black Canary yes

pr1983
i dislike ua for the characters actually... most of them are characters im really not interested in playing as... and i've bought the first two x-men games...

i think its important to remember that jlh is the first of its kind, once a sequel gets made (assuming it does, and i hope it does), i think we'll see lots of improvements...

Super Guy
4 characters and much more "pickability"... and Captain Atom's not a bad idea. Fairly original powers from the tohers etc...

willRules
One of the things I like about this game over the XML 1+2 and MUA is that it has a diversity of character movements and actions. Toad from both XML games is quite a bit like spidey in MUA, Deadpool does some of the same moves as Nightcrawler, whereas JLH characters are much more diverse yes

Although saying this, overall I do prefer MUA slightly more.....

pr1983
Originally posted by willRules
One of the things I like about this game over the XML 1+2 and MUA is that it has a diversity of character movements and actions. Toad from both XML games is quite a bit like spidey in MUA, Deadpool does some of the same moves as Nightcrawler, whereas JLH characters are much more diverse yes

Although saying this, overall I do prefer MUA slightly more.....

the diversity is a good thing, but given the number of characters, i think it wont last once they add more to the roster...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.