Who can beat The Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Priest
Can anyone beat The Silver Surfer (current)?
NO one above above or on Skyfather level is allowed.
Debate..

B dot Rob
Superman
Thor
Kyle Rayner
Quasar
Hudlin Panther

That's about it

Soujaboy
Thor, BRB, potentially a powerful GL, etc.

celestialdemon
Thanos
Insane Genis-Vell

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by B dot Rob
Superman
Thor
Kyle Rayner
Hudlin Panther

Kyle Rayner
Takion
The Runner
Thanos
Darkseid
Genis Vell
Sentry
Auron
Morg WOL
Gog(kC)
2nd age Spawn
The Doctor
Dr. Manhattan
Tyrant
Xman
Racheal Summers
Ice Man
Flash
Storm's Lighting eek!

Bald Bugger
Souja lets sort out our chars !! Or I will get a new partner.

Priest
Superman
Thor
Kyle Rayner
Quasar
Hudlin Panther

That's about it
Superman-Nope
Thor-maybe
Kyle Rayner-maybe
Quasar- Nope
Hudlin Panther-Dont know

Loot

celestialdemon
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl

Storm's Lighting eek!

He said nothing ABOVE skyfather.

laughing laughing laughing

Priest
Kyle Rayner
Takion
The Runner
Thanos
Darkseid
Genis Vell
Sentry
Auron
Morg WOL
Gog(kC)
2nd age Spawn
The Doctor
Dr. Manhattan
Tyrant
Xman
Racheal Summers
Ice Man
Flash
Storm's Lighting eek!

no one under skyfather, that elimaties more than half ur list..
and guys like iceman, or xman arent beating surfer, certainlly not flash LMAO

Priest
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Thanos
Insane Genis-Vell
i would say insane genis maybe a tad above skyfather

seaapple
This is so sad. Some people imagine Iceman beats Silver Surfer nowadays. What's the world coming to?

(or is that a joke post?)

Loot
i have no idea why so many people hate silver surfer

and the iceman post i think it was a joke

Priest
Originally posted by seaapple
This is so sad. Some people imagine Iceman beats Silver Surfer nowadays. What's the world coming to?

agreed, some people, are ignorant

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Priest
no one under skyfather, that elimaties more than half ur list..
and guys like iceman, or xman arent beating surfer, certainlly not flash LMAO

He said no one ABOVE sky father. which would include sky father's you dote.

Priest
Originally posted by Loot

and the iceman post i think it was a joke
coming from him , i dont think so wink

nvrbeenwthagirl

If Iceman is truly an Omega, he could beat Server. All he ask is who COULD beat the server. it's possible that Iceman could.

Priest
He said no one ABOVE sky father. which would include sky father's you dote.
roll eyes (sarcastic) ...i guess i have edit my post, cause u dont get it.

Loot

Accel
No mentioning of Sky-Fathers should be a no-brainer.

B dot Rob
Why do you think Thor can beat Surfer but not Superman?

Priest
Originally posted by Accel
No mentioning ofSky-Fathers should be a no-brainer.
some people just dont have no brains big grin

Loot

celestialdemon
i would say insane genis maybe a tad above skyfather

Debatable. He stalemated King Thor but it's unsure if either were going all out. Didn't seem like it.

Priest
Why do you think Thor can beat Surfer but not Superman?
because surfer can easilly exploite supermans weakness to k-nte radiation, or absorb all the solor energy in is cells thus rendering him usless

Priest
Debatable. He stalemated King Thor but it's unsure if either were going all out. Didn't seem like it.
it dident look like both sides was going all out, on the other hand that was thor not experianced with Odin Force.

Loot
because surfer can easilly exploite supermans weakness to k-nte radiation, or absorb all the solor energy in is cells thus rendering him usless

exactly, he has absorbed suns before.

But i still think that in a well written story thor looses more times then he wins, but that is another thread that is going for many many years

nvrbeenwthagirl
No mentioning of Sky-Fathers should be a no-brainer.

Since Surfer was already top herald lvl and now is actually quite a bit above it, who could he fight with in reason who wasn't a low lvl skyfather and have a chance of losing to? HMMM? Maybe the no brainer is that no one can beat him unless they have some sky father ability.

Accel
Where do people get the idea that Genis stalemated King Thor? All they did was exchange two blows between the two of them and nothing else happened.

Hardly a stalemate.

nimbus006
We havent really seen much to judge how much more powerful he is wit his current upgrade, so im going by classic Surfer:

Kyle Rayner- No... maybe...but no
Thor- not the majority
BRB- not the majority
The Runner- maybe i guess
Thanos- yes
Darkseid- yes
Genis Vell- insane yes, normal no
Sentry- no
Auron- dont know
Morg WOL- yes
Gog(kC)- maybe
2nd age Spawn- dont know
Xman- Maybe, but dont think so
Racheal Summers- No unless as the phoenix avatar
Ice Man-NOOOOO!!! not even once, and i dont care if potentially he could right now... he cant.
Flash- NOOOO!!
Superman- no

Priest
exactly, he has absorbed suns before.

But i still think that in a well written story thor looses more times then he wins, but that is another thread that is lasting for many many years
indeed one of my favorite threads big grin ..

Priest
Originally posted by nimbus006
We havent really seen much to judge how much more powerful he is wit his current upgrade, so im going by classic Surfer:

Kyle Rayner- No... maybe...but no
Thor- not the majority
BRB- not the majority
The Runner- maybe i guess
Thanos- yes
Darkseid- yes
Genis Vell- insane yes, normal no
Sentry- no
Auron- dont know
Morg WOL- yes
Gog(kC)- maybe
2nd age Spawn- dont know
Xman- Maybe, but dont think so
Racheal Summers- No unless as the phoenix avatar
Ice Man-NOOOOO!!! not even once, and i dont care if potentially he could right now... he cant.
Flash- NOOOO!!
Superman- no
no skyfather man mad

Accel
Since Surfer was already top herald lvl and now is actually quite a bit above it, who could he fight with in reason who wasn't a low lvl skyfather and have a chance of losing to? HMMM? Maybe the no brainer is that no one can beat him unless they have some sky father ability.
Sky-Father is much more than just being a bit above herald level. If you want to find people who can beat Surfer, it's more interesting to list the weakest people who could beat/stalemate him, rather than listing those who'd kill him with a wave of their hands.

Loot

nimbus006
no skyfather man mad

I copied and pasted neverbeenwithagirl's post to change his results... and i took off most of the ones that were to powerful... confused

Priest
I copied and pasted neverbeenwithagirl's post to change his results... and i took off most of the ones that were to powerful... confused
darkseid, thanos, rachel Summers, Insane genis, morg w/wol are skyfathers. wink

Accel
Genis isn't Sky-Father. He's herald level at best.

Stupid Rookie

I am not sure what your definition of Sky-Father is, but I think they are way above Morg w/ waters of life.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Sky-Father is much more than just being a bit above herald level. If you want to find people who can beat Surfer, it's more interesting to list the weakest people who could beat/stalemate him, rather than listing those who'd kill him with a wave of their hands.
well he has gotten a considerable upgrade, So I just guessed at how powerful he is now and then tought of people worthy of the challenge. barring a low lvl entity or higher than top tier like Infinity Man, I can't see surfer at his current lvls losing to anyone except Captain America and Batman.

nimbus006

Ok but they're not my posts i was just responding to neverbeenwithagirl.

celestialdemon

There's no way Thanos is skyfather level.

nvrbeenwthagirl
And this is what ensues, people talk trash about me but, no one can even agree what sky father lvl is.Seems like it's awefully unfair to always attack me when every oen can't even agree on what lvl what is.

Priest
There's no way Thanos is skyfather level.
he's no odin, but he done things that can ut him on low skyfather status.

Loot
well he has gotten a considerable upgrade, So I just guessed at how powerful he is now and then tought of people worthy of the challenge.

so you remembered iceman?

seaapple
No on Spawn. Silver Surfer handed Mephisto his hat on a regular basis and mephisto>Spawn.

Soujaboy
No on Spawn. Silver Surfer handed Mephisto his hat on a regular basis and mephisto>Spawn.

What? Mephisto has defeated Surfer on a number of occasions, once even held his soul prisoner making Galactus come to retrieve it.

nvrbeenwthagirl
so you remembered iceman?

Iceman cant' really be hurt without some sort of high lvl mind control. We have never seen what would happen to surfer if his insides where void of kinetic energy. SO I said Iceman could beat surfer. it's a possibility.

Loot
Iceman cant' really be hurt without some sort of high lvl mind control. We have never seen what would happen to surfer if his insides where void of kinetic energy. SO I said Iceman could beat surfer. it's a possibility.

you really are serious about this What the f**k?

Priest
Surfer turns off his X gein, like he did to Cable.

Soujaboy

You gotta be stupid or something.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soujaboy
You gotta be stupid or something.

I just reported you. I have in no way insulted you and yet you insult me. When has the surfer ever been void of all kinetic energy? Since surfer got knocked out by a lightning bolt, i'm sure Iceman can do worse. All I said was it was a POSSIBILITY. Your reported. anyone else who attacks me without provocation will be reported as well. I'm tired of being attacked for having an opinion.

Priest
I just reported you. I have in no way insulted you and yet you insult me. When has the surfer ever been void of all kinetic energy? Since surfer got knocked out by a lightning bolt, i'm sure Iceman can do worse. All I said was it was a POSSIBILITY. Your reported. anyone else who attacks me without provocation will be reported as well. I'm tired of being attacked for having an opinion.

no need to get all gun ho now, lets keep this debate clean, so the thread keeps moving.

nimbus006

I dont think it would ever be possible for Iceman to beat Surfer simply b/c Surfer does what Iceman does only better and on a larger scale. Manipulating energy and matter that is.

seaapple
What? Mephisto has defeated Surfer on a number of occasions, once even held his soul prisoner making Galactus come to retrieve it.

Good point, that's what made Mephisto a good foil for the Surfer. My point was that Silver Surfer deals with beings on the level that make Spawns, not Spawn-level characters themselves.

Priest
I dont think it would ever be possible for Iceman to beat Surfer simply b/c Surfer does what Iceman does only better and on a larger scale. Manipulating energy and matter that is.

Surfer needs to just turn off the mutant gein to beat him, its quite simple.

Loot

nvrbeenwthagirl
Surfer needs to just turn off the mutant gein to beat him, its quite simple.

I Thought bobby was only a conciousness. No more gene or body to manipulate. Am I wrong in this?

Starhawk
Starhawk beat him, and Surfer had the Quantum Bands at the time.

nimbus006
I Thought bobby was only a conciousness. No more gene or body to manipulate. Am I wrong in this?

Yes.

Stupid Rookie
Good point, that's what made Mephisto a good foil for the Surfer. My point was that Silver Surfer deals with beings on the level that make Spawns, not Spawn-level characters themselves.

Didn't the Surfer voluntarily submit to Mephisto in that case. I hardly count that as winning.

nvrbeenwthagirl

Loot

nvrbeenwthagirl

Soujaboy

Your point? most of what you post is appalling, I'm just calling you on it. Iceman can defeat Surfer? thats pitiful.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Your point? most of what you post is appalling, I'm just calling you on it. Iceman can defeat Surfer? thats pitiful.

MOst of what I post is only appauling becuz you dont' like it. I dont' defende the Hero of the month that seems to go around. You were indignant to me and I didn't appreciate it. I have my belief that bobby can pull a win. If he can freeze legion and the stranger, he has a shot at beating the surfer. And I did report you. You make it your business to be insulting. I"m not having it anymore.Instead of letting you or anyone else make me go off like you used to and then let you use my reaction as an excuse to further hate me or talk trash, i'm going to just report you.

Starhawk
Silver Surfer vaporizes Iceman for a very long distance.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Starhawk
Silver Surfer vaporizes Iceman for a very long distance.

Can't bobby exist in water vapor as well?

Soujaboy
MOst of what I post is only appauling becuz you dont' like it. I dont' defende the Hero of the month that seems to go around. You were indignant to me and I didn't appreciate it. I have my belief that bobby can pull a win. If he can freeze legion and the stranger, he has a shot at beating the surfer. And I did report you. You make it your business to be insulting. I"m not having it anymore.Instead of letting you or anyone else make me go off like you used to and then let you use my reaction as an excuse to further hate me or talk trash, i'm going to just report you.

I really don't care if you report me, especially for something so simple.

Most of what you post is appalling because instead of using facts, you mainly spew your theories and speculations. You don't want to listen to anybody, and for some odd reason you believe everyone is Marvel bias. Ya it's pitiful.

Starhawk
AoA iceman maybe but even then, Surfer could keep him that way until they could contain him.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I really don't care if you report me, especially for something so simple.

Most of what you post is appalling because instead of using facts, you mainly spew your theories and speculations. You don't want to listen to anybody, and for some odd reason you believe everyone is Marvel bias. Ya it's pitiful.

Now your telling me what I believe. First off, I dont' believe everyone on here is marvel biased. 2ndly, i have not been the first and only poster to say that there is a bit of marvel bias going. I have seen others say it out right and others say it in a round about way. Thirdly, how do you know what I listen to? And I didnt' see you or anyone complaining when I give A marvel Character a win over a dc one, or when I explained exactly why thor moving the midgard serpent was indeed very hard to do. Everyone hardily accepted my "theory" then. And that is all it was. an extrapolation of the data presented with some applied theory and bingo, everyone was in agreement. If you say anything else to me that is insulting, I will report you again. If you disagree with me, then say that. anything else is unacceptable.

ExtraMision5555
Marvel bias? not really
less people know about DC than Marvel

So naturally, their is a higher calibur of Marvel Knoweldge in here, and due to some peoples lack of DC knoweldge, they dismiss characters without having the proper understanding of the usually, DC character.

When it all boils down,
DC just isint as cool as Marvel.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
Marvel bias? not really
less people know about DC than Marvel

So naturally, their is a higher calibur of Marvel Knoweldge in here, and due to some peoples lack of DC knoweldge, they dismiss characters without having the proper understanding of the usually, DC character.

When it all boils down,
DC just isint as cool as Marvel.

mad mad mad sick confused

UniOmni
Surfer, with his upgrade, hasn't actually done anything that he couldn't do before...

Destroy a planet? Done years and years ago.

His biggest new feat, is destroying a fleet of those bug ships.

And who's to say how durable those things are anyway?

Avalonofthewind
Debate..

Superman
Thor
Dr Strange
GL Hal Jordan
Kryptonian Eradicator
Thanos
Waverider
Amazo
Sentry
ect

Honestly, the list can get pretty long. There are a lot of characters who can beat SS, even if not for a majority.

Soujaboy
Now your telling me what I believe. First off, I dont' believe everyone on here is marvel biased. 2ndly, i have not been the first and only poster to say that there is a bit of marvel bias going. I have seen others say it out right and others say it in a round about way. Thirdly, how do you know what I listen to? And I didnt' see you or anyone complaining when I give A marvel Character a win over a dc one, or when I explained exactly why thor moving the midgard serpent was indeed very hard to do. Everyone hardily accepted my "theory" then. And that is all it was. an extrapolation of the data presented with some applied theory and bingo, everyone was in agreement. If you say anything else to me that is insulting, I will report you again. If you disagree with me, then say that. anything else is unacceptable.

Blah, blah, blah, whatever you say buddy.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Superman
Thor
Dr Strange
GL Hal Jordan
Kryptonian Eradicator
Thanos
Waverider
Amazo
Sentry
ect

Honestly, the list can get pretty long. There are a lot of characters who can beat SS, even if not for a majority.

Good list, but Superman and Sentry aren't beating SS.

Avalonofthewind
Good list, but Superman and Sentry aren't beating SS.

Sentry is stated as the most powerful hero that Marvel has. That's not too bad at all. Doesn't mean he stalemates Galactus, but not shabby either.

SS is nothing that Supes hasn't faced 1000 times and exploiting full power, he can defeat him as well.

Starhawk
Yeah hasn't Supes been hit by a harder blast then the power cosmic before?

Soujaboy
Sentry is stated as the most powerful hero that Marvel has. That's not too bad at all. Doesn't mean he stalemates Galactus, but not shabby either.

SS is nothing that Supes hasn't faced 1000 times and exploiting full power, he can defeat him as well.

A LOT of characters have been stated as much, but when you stack up the feats Sentry simply isn't the most powerful hero.

In comics Superman may be able to defeat Surfer, but when on these boards he isn't. Especially when you stack their power and abilities.

Starhawk
It's a comic book forums, other then PIS showings we go by the comics.

Avalonofthewind
A LOT of characters have been stated as much, but when you stack up the feats Sentry simply isn't the most powerful hero.

In comics Superman may be able to defeat Surfer, but when on these boards he isn't. Especially when you stack their power and abilities.

IMO this board has become a feat whoring fest. While personally I love watching characters at the max potential, I can't always go by that alone...otherwise Superman is a multiversal space shatterer and Surfer can kick Galactus ass and take Mephistos spot with ease.

Marvel has specifically said that Sentry is the most powerful hero. That doesn't mean that he gets 10/10 on SS either..but he has more than enough potential to beat him. I'm no fan of either character so I think it's a completely fair judgement.

Superman is on a whole other level. He's got feats a plenty to compete with Surfer and both could take each other out. Both have a PIS aplenty to go around to debate on forever.

jasofisc
IMO this board has become a feat whoring fest. While personally I love watching characters at the max potential, I can't always go by that alone...otherwise Superman is a multiversal space shatterer and Surfer can kick Galactus ass and take Mephistos spot with ease.

Marvel has specifically said that Sentry is the most powerful hero. That doesn't mean that he gets 10/10 on SS either..but he has more than enough potential to beat him. I'm no fan of either character so I think it's a completely fair judgement.

Superman is on a whole other level. He's got feats a plenty to compete with Surfer and both could take each other out. Both have a PIS aplenty to go around to debate on forever.

too true too true and the greatest problem is a lot of people on this forum don't see any of there feats as PIS.

Soujaboy

True enough.

They have also stated that Cosmic Spider-Man is their most powerful hero, but we all know how that goes.

Potential doesn't always equate to power, or shall I say most people/characters don't live up to their potential. Until I see some more solid feats from Sentry, I think it's safe to assume he's not the most powerful hero.

You could be right, but imo Surfer is clearly the more powerful of the two.

hunbu04
i ready don't get why superman is always underestimated in this forum.
superman is atleast a tier herald level character. talking about comparing powers. superman have almost unlimited superstrength, he is stated as being right under the speed of light without effort, almost limitless stamina and durability, his senses are so sharp that he can hear almost everything including an ant on the other side of the planet, he can also see almost everything, his heat vision is hotter than the core of a sun and he has freeze breath plus he is almost immortal and has nign invulnarability to almost everything that he can even survive a nuclear explosion(spelling) and unlike the surfer superman can fight at near light speed

Soujaboy
Originally posted by hunbu04
superman is atleast a tier herald level character. talking about comparing powers. superman have almost unlimited superstrength, he is stated as being right under the speed of light without effort, almost limitless stamina and durability, his senses are so sharp that he can hear almost everything including an ant on the other side of the planet, he can also see almost everything, his heat vision is hotter than the core of a sun and he has freeze breath plus he is almost immortal and has nign invulnarability to almost everything that he can even survive a nuclear explosion(spelling) and unlike the surfer superman can fight at near light speed

laughing Do you really wanna compare that list to the Surfers list of powers?

"Unlike Surfer, Superman can fight at near light speeds" laughing

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by hunbu04

In all friendliness and non-hostility, it is posts like these that shape & create superman ill-feelings.

Soleran
Superman CAN beat SS

Starhawk
laughing Do you really wanna compare that list to the Surfers list of powers?

"Unlike Surfer, Superman can fight at near light speeds" laughing

Surfer once traveled fast enough to travel through time. It was right before the "Herald Ordeal"

Darth_Erebus
Sersi

darthgoober
Many people CAN beat Surfer, it's just that there's not a lot of people who can take the majority.

RSSR
If Iceman is truly an Omega, he could beat Server. All he ask is who COULD beat the server. it's possible that Iceman could.

SS flies around outer space quite comfortably, which hovers somewhere around 5 Calvin, Iceman's doing nothing to SS.

seaapple
laughing

he can hear almost everything including an ant on the other side of the planet

jester

norrinradd43
Superman
Thor
Kyle Rayner
Quasar
Hudlin Panther

That's about it Quasar has been stomped by SS before

norrinradd43
I dont think there are any characters below skyfather level that could beat Norrin more than 1/5...Ghost Riders Penance stare could get him pretty good concidering his past crimes as Galactus' herald...Godlike Cable gave him a good match but surfer was really not trying until the end because he was trying to win without really hurting him...Wolverine is probably the only character who can take him... laughing

bigbran
If Iceman is truly an Omega, he could beat Server. All he ask is who COULD beat the server. it's possible that Iceman could. Who's Server?
Is he like a cosmic robot, that was made to be like Surfer?
Also...Originally posted by Loot

There's no way Thanos is skyfather level. Originally posted by Loot

Iceman cant' really be hurt without some sort of high lvl mind control. We have never seen what would happen to surfer if his insides where void of kinetic energy. SO I said Iceman could beat surfer. it's a possibility. Originally posted by Loot

I just reported you. I have in no way insulted you and yet you insult me. When has the surfer ever been void of all kinetic energy? Since surfer got knocked out by a lightning bolt, i'm sure Iceman can do worse. All I said was it was a POSSIBILITY. Your reported. anyone else who attacks me without provocation will be reported as well. I'm tired of being attacked for having an opinion. Originally posted by Loot

Originally posted by Starhawk
Starhawk beat him, and Surfer had the Quantum Bands at the time. Was that before or after Surfer took on the whole Guardians of the Galaxies?
He also was whipping them too.

norrinradd43
What does Silver surfer need the Quantum Bands for?

bigbran
Superman
Thor
Dr Strange
GL Hal Jordan
Kryptonian Eradicator
Thanos
Waverider
Amazo
Sentry
ect

Honestly, the list can get pretty long. There are a lot of characters who can beat SS, even if not for a majority. Uggg... Superman, Sentry, Thor?

Also, did you read the rules, no one skyfather level.
Rules out some of your choices.

LordFear
Ego the living planet

Starhawk
Originally posted by bigbran
Who's Server?
Is he like a cosmic robot, that was made to be like Surfer?
Also...

Was that before or after Surfer took on the whole Guardians of the Galaxies?
He also was whipping them too.

It was in Guardians #58-59

It was a much more powerful version who had become a full avatar to the Hawk God. He healed Surfer after the fight.

Avalonofthewind
Uggg... Superman, Sentry, Thor?

Also, did you read the rules, no one skyfather level.
Rules out some of your choices.

Yup. Those 3 have more than what's needed to beat SS.

The thread is also who can beat SS...not who completely dominates him.
Don't buy into the forum caste system hype.

Thanos is no skyfather so who else are you counting out on my list and why?

bigbran
Yup. Those 3 have more than what's needed to beat SS.

The thread is also who can beat SS...not who completely dominates him.
Don't buy into the forum caste system hype.

Thanos is no skyfather so who else are you counting out on my list and why? Ok, but first, your going to have to tell me, what Sentry beating him, is based off of.

Superman, could only beat him, using T-Vo.

Thor may be able to do it, but a certain speed disadvantage, kind of, well, you know...

Well, I'm thinking of, people who could beat him for the majority of the times, you know, 6/10, and such.
Also, what are you talking about, with this hype?
I have, every Surfer comic, so the only thing I see, is what is there. Hell, there is feats in those things, that haven't even been mentioned on here...

No, your right, Thanos isn't a skyfather, but he is a skyfather level.
Also, what are you basing, Thanos not being a skyfather on?

Amazo (maybe I'm just thinking of the super powered versions), or the one owned by Black Adam... Dr Strange, Thanos, I thought I heard somewhere around here, about Waverider being way above skyfather...

Avalonofthewind
Ok, but first, your going to have to tell me, what Sentry beating him, is based off of.

Superman, could only beat him, using T-Vo.

Thor may be able to do it, but a certain speed disadvantage, kind of, well, you know...

Well, I'm thinking of, people who could beat him for the majority of the times, you know, 6/10, and such.
Also, what are you talking about, with this hype?
I have, every Surfer comic, so the only thing I see, is what is there. Hell, there is feats in those things, that haven't even been mentioned on here...

No, your right, Thanos isn't a skyfather, but he is a skyfather level.
Also, what are you basing, Thanos not being a skyfather on?

Amazo (maybe I'm just thinking of the super powered versions), or the one owned by Black Adam... Dr Strange, Thanos, I thought I heard somewhere around here, about Waverider being way above skyfather...

Sentry easily handled Terrax and the Void handled quite a few marvel heros at once. Sentry according to Marvel is their most powerful hero. While I'm no Sentry fan and am not buying into the Galactus hype...there is no reason to put him as near useless either simply because he doesn't have tons of hardcore feats on his onw.

Superman can KO SS withouth too much issue. The guy is ridiculously powerful and SS has been taken out by physical force before. T-vo is an option.

In a straight battle, Thor has the advantage over SS. Off his board...the guy is no speedster. Mjolnir is more powerful than SS. If SS came out of the blue flying 300x the speed of light and taking out thor..thats no battle...that's an ambush.

Thanos is no more skyfather than anyone else we're basing on high end feats.

Waveriders powerset is a tough one to deal with. I wouldn't put him above skyfathers though.

darthgoober
Sentry easily handled Terrax and the Void handled quite a few marvel heros at once. Sentry according to Marvel is their most powerful hero. While I'm no Sentry fan and am not buying into the Galactus hype...there is no reason to put him as near useless either simply because he doesn't have tons of hardcore feats on his onw.
Wait so your willing to admit that Cosmic Spiderman could take out Supes, since Marvel once stated that he was their most powerful hero EVER?

Superman can KO SS withouth too much issue. The guy is ridiculously powerful and SS has been taken out by physical force before. T-vo is an option.
Surfers also RESISTED massive amounts of physical force before. Supes might be able to take Surfer a couple times out of 10, but it would be a MAJOR issue for him. And Surfer wouldn't give him enough time to use T-Vo for anything more than creating illuisions.

In a straight battle, Thor has the advantage over SS. Off his board...the guy is no speedster. Mjolnir is more powerful than SS. If SS came out of the blue flying 300x the speed of light and taking out thor..thats no battle...that's an ambush.
Thor without his hammer ain't much of a speedster either. Thor could give Surfer a harder fight than most, but Surfer SHOULD still take the majority.

Thanos is no more skyfather than anyone else we're basing on high end feats. ]
Your right, Thanos ISN'T a Skyfather(cause he's not a God). However, he IS powerful enough to compete with skyfathers.

bigbran

Thanos is no more skyfather than anyone else we're basing on high end feats.

Waveriders powerset is a tough one to deal with. I wouldn't put him above skyfathers though. OK, Sentry took out Void... Surfer took out Uni-Lord...

Without too much of an issue? It's a good thing that Surfer isn't being underated here.

Wait, his hammer isn't really more powerful than Surfer, they have been stated as equals though. Only the godblast would be (oh ya, I owned every Thor comis too).

Like who are we saying is a skyfather that isn't? Thanos has those feats all the time. If your calling them high end feats, then maybe you are trying to use his low end feats to downplay him, since I don't remember him actually having to many feats that haven't been shown to be way beyond his abilities, as he is shown normally.
If you want some proof here, for a skyfather.
Vishu (don't know how to spell it) had some trouble with Thor. You don't have to be on Odin's level, to be at that level. Thanos stood up to Odin though, quite a while ago... no other skyfather (besides Zues, but thats debateable), is as powerful as Odin. Odin equals the highest skyfather.
Also, there are only like 6 actual skyfathers in comics. You can be at that level, which Thanos is, but you can't be one.

Wait, don't you dislike Thanos anyway? Could that have something to do with your conclusion...

No, they only have to be at that level, to be banned from this thread.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by darthgoober
Wait so your willing to admit that Cosmic Spiderman could take out Supes, since Marvel once stated that he was their most powerful hero EVER?

I have no idea what this has to do with the rest of the thread. Cosmic Spidey doesn't even exist anymore. Sentry does.

Surfers also RESISTED massive amounts of physical force before. Supes might be able to take Surfer a couple times out of 10, but it would be a MAJOR issue for him. And Surfer wouldn't give him enough time to use T-Vo for anything more than creating illuisions.

That's good and all, but save it for an actual Superman vs Surfer thread. The thread here is WHO *CAN* BEAT SILVER SURFER... Not who dominates or massacres him.

Thor without his hammer ain't much of a speedster either. Thor could give Surfer a harder fight than most, but Surfer SHOULD still take the majority.

Again, Who *can* beat the Silver Surfer. Who takes majority is a non issue in this thread.

Your right, Thanos ISN'T a Skyfather(cause he's not a God). However, he IS powerful enough to compete with skyfathers.

As are many characters if you use their top end feats.

norrinradd43
Hell even Absorbing man gave Odin a hard time...speaking of him...if he was hit with a cosmic blast would he not become a living ball of power cosmic?

bigbran

Again, Who *can* beat the Silver Surfer. Who takes majority is a non issue in this thread.
So even if someone can get one win out of him, that counts?
Cop-out?
Hell, if that's what your thinking, then tons of people can do it.

Also, the rules of the board usually have fights going in majorities.
The poster hasn't explained otherwise.
Also, we think by beating him, that we would go by forum rules, and not just one win.

darthgoober
I have no idea what this has to do with the rest of the thread. Cosmic Spidey doesn't even exist anymore. Sentry does.
It doesn't really have anything to do with THIS thread, but I seem to remember you and a couple other DC buffs, shouting about how Cosmic Spiderman couldn't take the majority over Supes, because he didn't have the feats to prove it. So which is it?

That's good and all, but save it for an actual Superman vs Surfer thread. The thread here is WHO *CAN* BEAT SILVER SURFER... Not who dominates or massacres him.
And I wouldn't have said anything about it, if you hadn't added the "without too much issue" part. I was just pointing out that it WOULD be an issue, and that T-Vo wouldn't be very practical.

Once again, I wouldn't have said anything if you hadn't acted like it'd be a clear win for Thor.

As are many characters if you use their top end feats.
Not just his top end feats. He's consistently been shown to be quite a bit higher than Herald level. He was taking on Thor, Mar-Vell, and others at the same time in one of his first appearances. He had several upgrades between then and his showing against Odin, so that's not an over the top feat by any stretch of the imagination.

Avalonofthewind
OK, Sentry took out Void... Surfer took out Uni-Lord...

Without too much of an issue? It's a good thing that Surfer isn't being underated here.

Wait, his hammer isn't really more powerful than Surfer, they have been stated as equals though. Only the godblast would be (oh ya, I owned every Thor comis too).

Like who are we saying is a skyfather that isn't? Thanos has those feats all the time. If your calling them high end feats, then maybe you are trying to use his low end feats to downplay him, since I don't remember him actually having to many feats that haven't been shown to be way beyond his abilities, as he is shown normally.

All my choices are being tossed in a box, shaken up and stirred and all come out with the possibility to beat each other. Who dominates who is an entirely different thread.

Vishu (don't know how to spell it) had some trouble with Thor. You don't have to be on Odin's level, to be at that level. Thanos stood up to Odin though, quite a while ago... no other skyfather (besides Zues, but thats debateable), is as powerful as Odin. Odin equals the highest skyfather.
Also, there are only like 6 actual skyfathers in comics. You can be at that level, which Thanos is, but you can't be one.

Thanos is an extremely devious intergalactic villain. Doesn't make him a skyfather. The only place I've heard Thanos and skyfather are on threads.

Wait, don't you dislike Thanos anyway? Could that have something to do with your conclusion...

Never claimed I disliked Thanos. In fact, I like the character..however...I don't overrate him either. I enjoy him for the devious schemer that he is.

I know you like Thanos a whole lot...does that have anything to do with your outcome?

Then a whole lot of characters would be banned gauging by high end feats.

Avalonofthewind
It doesn't really have anything to do with THIS thread, but I seem to remember you and a couple other DC buffs, shouting about how Cosmic Spiderman couldn't take the majority over Supes, because he didn't have the feats to prove it. So which is it?

Exactly. It has nothing to do with this thread....Nuff said.

And I wouldn't have said anything about it, if you hadn't added the "without to much issue" part. I was just pointing out that it WOULD be an issue, and that T-Vo wouldn't be very practical.

"KO" and "defeats 10/10" (and I've seen that ridiculous claim MANY a time here) are 2 totally different things.

Either way it boils to the same thing. Victories are possible.

There is nothing to debate there.

Once again, I wouldn't have said anything if you hadn't acted like it'd be a clear win for Thor.

Once again I never said it was 10/10 for either character. Going back to the point of this thread..it's a non issue anyway.

Not just his top end feats. He's consistently been shown to be quite a bit higher than Herald level. He was taking on Thor, Mar-Vell, and others at the same time in one of his first appearances. He had several upgrades between then and his showing against Odin, so that's not an over the top feat by any stretch of the imagination.

Still doesn't make him "Skyfather." Beating multiple characters at once is a common thing in comics.

Avalonofthewind
So even if someone can get one win out of him, that counts?
Cop-out?
Hell, if that's what your thinking, then tons of people can do it.

Also, the rules of the board usually have fights going in majorities.
The poster hasn't explained otherwise.
Also, we think by beating him, that we would go by forum rules, and not just one win.

So you are saying those characters cannot beat SS at all?

Also, who is "we?" Are you speaking for all of KMC?

bigbran
All my choices are being tossed in a box, shaken up and stirred and all come out with the possibility to beat each other. Who dominates who is an entirely different thread. So, your not going by majority though?
Just by getting one wins, and shit?
Well, hell, a lot of people can do it.

Thanos is an extremely devious intergalactic villain. Doesn't make him a skyfather. The only place I've heard Thanos and skyfather are on threads. I'm not even using his intellect here.
You completely ignored what I wrote though...

Also, maybe that is because Thanos is NOT a skyfather! And you sure as hell wouldn't hear it in comics!
Thanos is a skyfather LEVEL though.

Never claimed I disliked Thanos. In fact, I like the character..however...I don't overrate him either. I enjoy him for the devious schemer that he is. Could it be that you feel the same way I feel about Hulk and Wolverine?
Hate them on the forums?

I know you like Thanos a whole lot...does that have anything to do with your outcome? No, actually.
I admit, I don't like Superman, but go look at some Superman threads with me in it, and it has nothing to do with my opinion.

I also know his feats too. Could that have something to do with my outcome... yes, in fact, it does.
I haven't really seen these overly high end feats you are talking about too.

Then a whole lot of characters would be banned gauging by high end feats. Not using high end feats. Just banning people liek Darkseid, Odin, Thanos, Vishu, etc, you knw, skyfather levels?

bigbran
So you are saying those characters cannot beat SS at all?

Also, who is "we?" Are you speaking for all of KMC? I said, not in the majority.
Like 6/10?

I'm talking about the people who use majorities, you know, practically all of KMC, 'cept, a few.

Loot

Avalonofthewind
So, your not going by majority though?
Just by getting one wins, and shit?
Well, hell, a lot of people can do it.

Exactly my point.

There are plenty of SOLO threads where we can debate who dominates who.

darthgoober
Exactly. It has nothing to do with this thread....Nuff said.
Fine, I'll bump THAT thread, and we can see if your opinion changes with the characters.

Originally posted by Avalonofthewind "KO" and "defeats 10/10" (and I've seen that ridiculous claim MANY a time here) are 2 totally different things.

Either way it boils to the same thing. Victories are possible.

There is nothing to debate there.
I've been saying that Supes could pull a couple of wins out of 10 against Surfer for a while now. I just responded because you acted like it'd be an easy KO if Supes actually got his hands on him.

Originally posted by Avalonofthewind Once again I never said it was 10/10 for either character. Going back to the point of this thread..it's a non issue anyway.
Once again, I just responded because you implied a clear victory over Surfer.

Originally posted by Avalonofthewind Still doesn't make him "Skyfather." Beating multiple characters at once is a common thing in comics.
Just pointing out that Thanos has ALWAYS been over herald level. So considering his power ups since then, his Odin Showing is perfectly valid.

Avalonofthewind
Fine, I'll bump THAT thread, and we can see if your opinion changes with the characters.

Feel free to persue your "crusade."

I've been saying that Supes could pull a couple of wins out of 10 against Surfer for a while now. I just responded because you acted like it'd be an easy KO if Supes actually got his hands on him.

Who cares? They can both get wins. There is a whole separate thread for this you know...

Once again, I just responded because you implied a clear victory over Surfer.

Ah..."Implied" that's on your end, not mine. Honestly...who cares?

Just pointing out that Thanos has ALWAYS been over herald level. So considering his power ups since then, his Odin Showing is perfectly valid.

But is still no skyfather.

Soujaboy
OK, Sentry took out Void... Surfer took out Uni-Lord...

I don't recall Thor and Surfer being referred to as equals, but I have the scans where Surfer claims Thor is the more powerful of the two.

I also have the scans where Surfer is afraid that Mjolnir may be able to catch him.

darthgoober
Feel free to persue your "crusade."
Oh come on. Your not really going to cop out on this one are you? After all the arguing you did for Supes on that thread, you SUDDENLY decide that statements made by the company mean more than actual feats. And now your not even going to back up your opinion and give Spidey the clear majority on the other thread?

Originally posted by Avalonofthewind Who cares? They can both get wins. There is a whole separate thread for this you know....
Hey I've actually bumped that twice recently, but the only times Supes fans want to act like he could get an easy KO against Surfer, is when it's not directly related to the issue.

Originally posted by Avalonofthewind Ah..."Implied" that's on your end, not mine. Honestly...who cares? ."
My end nothing, you said that the HAMMER was more powerful than Surfer. So if that were true, then Thor(who's quite the powerhouse) should be able to take Surfer with ease.

Originally posted by Avalonofthewind But is still no skyfather.
Of course not. He's not a God(and only Gods are Skyfathers). By the same token, PC Supes and Superboy Prime aren't Skyfathers either. Thanos can just take one Skyfathers in combat because he's right at their level of power.

Avalonofthewind
Oh come on. Your not really going to cop out on this one are you? After all the arguing you did for Supes on that thread, you SUDDENLY decide that statements made by the company mean more than actual feats. And now your not even going to back up your opinion and give Spidey the clear majority on the other thread?

And I should go back and explain in detail for YOUR personal satisfaction? Doesn't quite work that way. You insisting it isn't going to make it so either.

The thread is there. Read through it..there are reasons for everything. I'm not going to reiterate.

Hey I've actually bumped that twice recently, but the only times Supes fans want to act like he could get an easy KO against Surfer, is when it's not directly related to the issue.

So go argue it in that thread. It still has zilch to do with this one.

My end nothing, you said that the HAMMER was more powerful than Surfer. So if that were true, then Thor(who's quite the powerhouse) should be able to take Surfer with ease.

Surfer's own words that the hammer is more powerful than him. Simple as that.

Of course not. He's not a God(and only Gods are Skyfathers). By the same token, PC Supes and Superboy Prime aren't Skyfathers either. Thanos can just take one Skyfathers in combat because he's right at their level of power.

Which goes back to the point of tons of characters having consistent high points.

darthgoober
And I should go back and explain in detail for YOUR personal satisfaction? Doesn't quite work that way. You insisting it isn't going to make it so either.

If it happens it happens, we don't owe each other anything.
No you don't have to. Since you and I know who'd win between the two, that's enough for me. Hey for that matter, Sentry must take Supes too, since he's currently the most powerful(think about it, Thor's a Skyfather now, so Sentry must be WAY up there).

So go argue it in that thread. It still has zilch to do with this one.
There's nothing to really argue, Supes can't KO Surfer easily. It's that simple. (Though if you disagree, I can bump it again).

Surfer's own words that the hammer is more powerful than him. Simple as that.
Hey, by Supes own words, Thor may be the toughest opponent he ever faced(and don't forget he's taken on Doomsday, Darkseid, damn near everyone else is DC), so if we're all willing to accept that, I can accept Surfer saying he's more powerful.

Which goes back to the point of tons of characters having consistent high points.
Yes, and Thanos's puts him in league with Skyfathers. big grin

bigbran
I don't recall Thor and Surfer being referred to as equals, but I have the scans where Surfer claims Thor is the more powerful of the two.

I also have the scans where Surfer is afraid that Mjolnir may be able to catch him. Ya, I remember that. same fight as the first one.

Strange has said that Surfer is the only one that can take him out.
Heros say a lot of things.

Is that where he uses his board as a shield (first fight), and then later uses his powers to block Thor from his hammer?

Soujaboy
Ya, I remember that. same fight as the first one.

Strange has said that Surfer is the only one that can take him out.
Heros say a lot of things.

Is that where he uses his board as a shield (first fight), and then later uses his powers to block Thor from his hammer?

Yep thats the fight. He stated that Thor if need be could have obtained Mjolnir at any time, and this is all while his power was augmented by Loki.

BTW, without prep Surfer can defeat Strange.

bigbran
Yep thats the fight. He stated that Thor if need be could have obtained Mjolnir at any time, and this is all while his power was augmented by Loki.

BTW, without prep Surfer can defeat Strange. When did he state this?
He said that Thor didn't use his strength against Surfer. How could he use his strength when he didn't even get close to him?

Ok, Hulk stated that Surfer was stronger than him. Hulk beats/stalemates Thor in h2h...

Also, that is the showings of Thor in Surfer, extremely powerful, same as his own books.

Faceman
Runner
Thor = MAYBE
Thanos
Superman on his best day = MAYBE
Genis = stalemate

Soljer
Originally posted by Faceman
Superman on his best day = MAYBE

On his best day?

1/10.

Molecule man
the runner defeated SS without breaking a sweat

Loot

I also have the scans where Surfer is afraid that Mjolnir may be able to catch him.

and spiderman beat firelord.

Martian_mind
Waaaaay of topic but check the conspiracy thread i started one relating to santa Vs satan u should check it out

Endless Mike
Current Silver Surfer is strapped to a machine with his life force sucked out.... pretty much anyone could beat him now.

Avalonofthewind
No you don't have to. Since you and I know who'd win between the two, that's enough for me. Hey for that matter, Sentry must take Supes too, since he's currently the most powerful(think about it, Thor's a Skyfather now, so Sentry must be WAY up there)./B]

And now you're assuming...lol...someone is REALLY fishing for an argument.

Since when does "most powerful hero in Marvel" suddenly mean that they can beat any DC character?

Better yet...how does that mean the top hero wins all the time?

There's nothing to really argue, Supes can't KO Surfer easily. It's that simple. (Though if you disagree, I can bump it again)./B]

Funny how I don't see you counteracting ridiculous SS 10/10 over Superman...

Hey, by Supes own words, Thor may be the toughest opponent he ever faced(and don't forget he's taken on Doomsday, Darkseid, damn near everyone else is DC), so if we're all willing to accept that, I can accept Surfer saying he's more powerful./B]

So take your pick...if he says they are each his toughest opponent..which is really the toughest?

Yes, and Thanos's puts him in league with Skyfathers. big grin

In your words....not Marvels.

Mindship
Oh, Lord, once again I must rise to point out how the Surfer, when fighting Thor the first time, was at a fraction of his former power. In fact, I believe I've stated this often enough and have cited panel evidence (the last one being Surfer's own words just 2 issues before he fought Thor), such that I shouldn't have to repeat it here.

This is really Marvel's fault, for being so blatantly inconsistent. mad

darthgoober
And now you're assuming...lol...someone is REALLY fishing for an argument.

Since when does "most powerful hero in Marvel" suddenly mean that they can beat any DC character?

Better yet...how does that mean the top hero wins all the time?

Wrong. I'm not fishing for an argument. I'm simply seeking a solid stance on the issue from you. Because the way I see it, as long as the speculation is working against Surfer, then it's perfectly acceptable. However, when it's being used against Supes, then you bust out with comments like this...
Exactly...and I haven't said either character is unlimited, just that Supes is on a higher scale due to many, many showings.

Spidey simply has speculation, and that doesn't hold water no matter how you try to spin it.

So which is it?
And CS and Sentry being the most powerful hero in Marvel DOESN'T automatically give them the win against any character in DC(because DC has Skyfather characters and such), but the fact that Marvel said that means that he's above ANY of their other heroes. Right now, Thor is a skyfather, so Marvel's statement would put Sentry above that. CS was regarded as being their most powerful EVER. So either of those statement if taken at face value, should give either of them a clear win over Supes. Now are YOU saying that Supes should take the majority over EVERY Marvel hero that's ever been made(and Marvel's Skyfathers)?

Funny how I don't see you counteracting ridiculous SS 10/10 over Superman...
That is funny, because I've actually defended Supes ability to take a couple of wins over Surfer every since I found up about the way he's been powered up.

So take your pick...if he says they are each his toughest opponent..which is really the toughest?
Hey, once again I'm leaving up to you to decide how much credit to lend with statements like that. If you want to accept that Surfer's statement auto matically puts Thor's hammer over him in power, that's fine. However, accepting statements like that also puts Thor over everyone Supes had fought up until that point. So which is it?

In your words....not Marvels.
Absolutely, my words. But Marvel's showings for him. Just like DC never named PC Supes or SBP a Skyfather either, but their showings indicate that they are at the Skyfather level of power.

Avalonofthewind
Wrong. I'm not fishing for an argument. I'm simply seeking a solid stance on the issue from you. Because the way I see it, as long as the speculation is working against Surfer, then it's perfectly acceptable. However, when it's being used against Supes, then you bust out with comments like this...

Yup. That must be why I've said that they can all beat each other.

So which is it?
And CS and Sentry being the most powerful hero in Marvel DOESN'T automatically give them the win against any character in DC(because DC has Skyfather characters and such), but the fact that Marvel said that means that he's above ANY of their other heroes. Right now, Thor is a skyfather, so Marvel's statement would put Sentry above that. CS was regarded as being their most powerful EVER. So either of those statement if taken at face value, should give either of them a clear win over Supes. Now are YOU saying that Supes should take the majority over EVERY Marvel hero that's ever been made(and Marvel's Skyfathers)?

Thor is asleep and there is no indication that he is coming back at a skyfather level. CS may have been stated as the most powerful almost 20 years ago, but then Sentry came along.

YOU were the one bringing up CS SPIDEY here...how that translates to Superman beating skyfathers baffles me. Are you saying cosmic spidey can beat skyfathers?

That is funny, because I've actually defended Supes ability to take a couple of wins over Surfer every since I found up about the way he's been powered up.

Great. Then that's that. You must have missed the comment where I said throw em in a box and any of my picks have a chance to win. SS included.

Hey, once again I'm leaving up to you to decide how much credit to lend with statements like that. If you want to accept that Surfer's statement auto matically puts Thor's hammer over him in power, that's fine. However, accepting statements like that also puts Thor over everyone Supes had fought up until that point. So which is it?

Really? So you are claiming that Thor's hammer is MORE POWERFUL than ANYONE Superman has fought and this is so becuase YOU believe Surfer is more powerful than anyone in the DC universe?

Absolutely, my words. But Marvel's showings for him. Just like DC never named PC Supes or SBP a Skyfather either, but their showings indicate that they are at the Skyfather level of power.

PC Lex must have been skyfather too considering he manipulated time with orange juice and a flashlight. Current Krypto must be skyfather as well.

darthgoober
Yup. That must be why I've said that they can all beat each other.
Your still trying to cop out on this one. Is the statement valid or not? If it's valid, then you should be willing to admit that CS and Sentry should both take the majority over Supes. Just answer the question.

Thor is asleep and there is no indication that he is coming back at a skyfather level. CS may have been stated as the most powerful almost 20 years ago, but then Sentry came along.

YOU were the one bringing up CS SPIDEY here...how that translates to Superman beating skyfathers baffles me. Are you saying cosmic spidey can beat skyfathers?
He never lost the Odin Power, so until it's established that he has, he's still a Skyfather. And I know that CS hasn't been around for 20 years, I'm not trying to compare him with Sentry. I'm comparing each of them to Supes, because you seem to hold different standards in regards to Marvel and DC characters. If

If Thor was last seen as a Skyfather, then he still is until indicated otherwise. So if Marvel's statement about Sentry is valid, then that would put him above Skyfather. So if your unwilling to give Sentry the majority over Supes, than YOUR implying that Supes is above Skyfather. This whole thing could be resolved, if you'd just make an actual stance on how valid company statements are during a debate. If they ARE valid, then that means that Sentry WOULD take majority over Surfer(Of course that would also mean that He and Cosmic Spiderman BOTH take majority over Supes in your opinion).

Great. Then that's that. You must have missed the comment where I said throw em in a box and any of my picks have a chance to win. SS included.
I never denied that any of them could win. This whole thing started with you trying to act like Supes could get an easy KO on Surfer.

Really? So you are claiming that Thor's hammer is MORE POWERFUL than ANYONE Superman has fought and this is so becuase YOU believe Surfer is more powerful than anyone in the DC universe?
No, because I personally don't lend statements like Surfer's or Supes much credit. YOUR the one who acted like Surfer's statement was a clear indication of power, and if that's the case, then so is Supes.

PC Lex must have been skyfather too considering he manipulated time with orange juice and a flashlight.
Once again...I never said that Thanos was a Skyfather. I said that he was at Skyfather level. He has the showings to indicate it, just like PC Supes and SBP do. Are you now saying that PC Supes and SBP AREN'T at Skyfather level?

Avalonofthewind
Your still trying to cop out on this one. Is the statement valid or not? If it's valid, then you should be willing to admit that CS and Sentry should both take the majority over Supes. Just answer the question.

No, you are fishing. Everything has been answered either in this forum or in the prior forum that you are mentioning.

Sentry vs Cosmic Spidey seems to be the crux of everything...so you think CS beats Sentry?

He never lost the Odin Power, so until it's established that he has, he's still a Skyfather. And I know that CS hasn't been around for 20 years, I'm not trying to compare him with Sentry. I'm comparing each of them to Supes, because you seem to hold different standards in regards to Marvel and DC characters. If

If Thor was last seen as a Skyfather, then he still is until indicated otherwise. So if Marvel's statement about Sentry is valid, then that would put him above Skyfather. So if your unwilling to give Sentry the majority over Supes, than YOUR implying that Supes is above Skyfather. This whole thing could be resolved, if you'd just make an actual stance on how valid company statements are during a debate. If they ARE valid, then that means that Sentry WOULD take majority over Surfer(Of course that would also mean that He and Cosmic Spiderman BOTH take majority over Supes in your opinion).

This is all YOUR opinion and someohow you are trying to impose this on me?

YOU think Superman is above skyfather? Explain how..cause it came from you...not me.

Also did Marvel and DC agree that the highest hero in Marvel > Superman and ALL HIS ENEMIES (what YOU insinuated.)

I never denied that any of them could win. This whole thing started with you trying to act like Supes could get an easy KO on Surfer.

Neither did I. I also said there is a separate topic for specifics.

No, because I personally don't lend statements like Surfer's or Supes much credit. YOUR the one who acted like Surfer's statement was a clear indication of power, and if that's the case, then so is Supes.

Apparently you do, or you wouldn't be so upset about a thread that was forgotten months ago.

And that's "You're" short for "YOU ARE." "YOUR" means something else.

Once again...I never said that Thanos was a Skyfather. I said that he was at Skyfather level. He has the showings to indicate it, just like PC Supes and SBP do. Are you now saying that PC Supes and SBP AREN'T at Skyfather level?

Are you saying that Krypto is skyfather level? Is PC Lex skyfather level?

Is Bugs Bunny skyfather? He erases universes with erasers.

Validus
Bugs is far beyond Skyfather.

bigbran

Is Bugs Bunny skyfather? He erases universes with erasers. Wait, what did Krypto do again?
Also, your using one feat to put Lex up their, there are tons of feats to put Thanos up there.

Also, Lex did that with prep. It wasn't his own power.
Hell anyone with a spring, flashlight, orange juice, and a straw can do this... shifty
It had nothing to do with his power, only his intellegence.

Do you see nayone here using Thanos's intellect to put him at skyfather, no!

Also, yes, Bugs Bunny, is way up there. Skyfather, and beyond level.

darthgoober
No, you are fishing. Everything has been answered either in this forum or in the prior forum that you are mentioning.

Sentry vs Cosmic Spidey seems to be the crux of everything...so you think CS beats Sentry?
So what, your just going to continue to avoid answering to keep from contradicting yourself? A simple yes or no to whether or not STATEMENTS made by the company are valid evidence for a debate, would suffice.

I haven't said anything about Sentry vs CS. I'm really not familiar enough with Sentry to judge.

This is all YOUR opinion and someohow you are trying to impose this on me?

YOU think Superman is above skyfather? Explain how..cause it came from you...not me.

Also did Marvel and DC agree that the highest hero in Marvel > Superman and ALL HIS ENEMIES (what YOU insinuated.)
No I'm using YOUR logic. Here let me explain...
Thor(when last seen)=Skyfather
Sentry(by Marvel's statement)=Most powerful hero
So by logic...
Sentry>Skyfather

So if you are going to continue saying that Marvel's statement is a valid indicator of power, then you should also be willing to admit that Sentry takes Supes. Unless of course, you honestly think that Supes is above a Marvel Skyfather.

Neither did I. I also said there is a separate topic for specifics.
Well would you like for me to bump that other topic(again) so you could properly express your belief that Supes could get an easy KO on Surfer? I'd be happy to go over the specifics with you.

Apparently you do, or you wouldn't be so upset about a thread that was forgotten months ago.

And that's "You're" short for "YOU ARE." "YOUR" means something else.
Thanks for the correction on "Your". I missed that one(didn't register on the spell check).

And, I honestly don't mind statements like Surfer and Supes made, it's pretty standard for characters to say things like that. That's why I don't lend statements like that much credit. And I'm not upset about that thread. I simply noticed the different standards you seem to have when the opposition of speculation is Surfer rather than Supes. It seems to me that YOU'RE the one who is upset, because I happened to note bias and the use of a double standard on YOUR part.

Is Bugs Bunny skyfather? He erases universes with erasers.
Bugs Bunny is WAY beyond Skyfather level. He's in league with Mr. Mxy at the very least.

But anyway, are you now saying that PC Supes and SBP AREN'T as powerful as many Skyfathers?

Scoobless
Debate..

The only thing that seems to have changed about the Surfer is the attitude he has to using his power.... anyone who was powerful enough to beat him before should still be able to do it.

Priest
Originally posted by Scoobless
The only thing that seems to have changed about the Surfer is the attitude he has to using his power.... anyone who was powerful enough to beat him before should still be able to do it.
Very truesmile .
i just wanted surfer with his "upgrade" from Glalactus to take into acount in this depate.

bigbran
"Kryptonite has been found to contain trace elements of Chuck Norris roundhouse kicks to the face. This is why it is so deadly to Superman."

Roldz
When has the surfer ever been void of all kinetic energy? Since surfer got knocked out by a lightning bolt, i'm sure Iceman can do worse. All I said was it was a POSSIBILITY. Your reported. anyone else who attacks me without provocation will be reported as well. I'm tired of being attacked for having an opinion.
You do know before this happened he did a suicide run, head smack down a planetary base w/ defensive capabilities that even Thanos wouldnt come close, blew it apart and after, got caught by the goddess planets gravity free falling from space to ground exhausted of energy.. He did say his pc was returning beating Wonderman but who says he was at full or even half powered considering Wolverine has stood same ligtnigh blast from Storm.. just my 2 cents on that scenario...Originally posted by Soujaboy
Once he held him prisoners but more than a few occasion his bested him in combat for his soul..

Roldz
Originally posted by Mindship
Oh, Lord, once again I must rise to point out how the Surfer, when fighting Thor the first time, was at a fraction of his former power. In fact, I believe I've stated this often enough and have cited panel evidence (the last one being Surfer's own words just 2 issues before he fought Thor), such that I shouldn't have to repeat it here.

This is really Marvel's fault, for being so blatantly inconsistent. mad
hahaha, i know your gonna show up as soon as that fight is mentioned.. I agree with yahh a whole la 100%.. His actually severely weaken i think more than half 1st by Galactus then the sonic shark incident...

Mindship
Originally posted by Roldz
hahaha, i know your gonna show up as soon as that fight is mentioned.. I agree with yahh a whole la 100%.. His actually severely weaken i think more than half 1st by Galactus then the sonic shark incident...

Here's a formal record of the Surfer's power loss, to copy and paste whenever the need appears.
Circa 1966 - 1969 (with no retconning since)...
1. FF#50: Galactus removes the Surfer's "space-time powers" (first power reduction).
2. FF#72: the sonic shark "almost totally" drains the Surfer of his power (second and most profound power reduction).
3. FF#74: Surfer states (while blasting Galactus' Punisher) that his "...power is but a fraction of what it once had been..."
4. FF#76: Surfer states (while fighting the FF) that he "...no longer possesses the limitless powers of the cosmos..."
5. SS#2, Vol#1: Surfer states (while blasting a giant alien), "Once I might have felled you with a shrug! But, though I am less than before..." (This is just 2 issues before his first fight with Thor).
6. SS#4, Vol#1 (prior to fighting Thor): Surfer fights Loki to a draw. This implies that, at best, Loki could only have doubled Surfer's power in prepping him to fight Thor. This still puts Surfer way below his original power level. It should also be noted that Surfer fights Thor on the Asgardian's home turf.

Shame on you, Marvel, for what happens next. confused

Priest
kid

dvampire
Superman
Thanos
Thor
Kyle (GL)
Hal (GL)
BRB
Captain Marvel (DC)
Genis-Vell