What was the best Batman story ever?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PRAYERRUN
What do ya'll think was the best Batman story ever? If you ask me, I'd say Knightfall, Knightquest, & Knights end.

atharpina
The Killing Joke, Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth, The Long Halloween, and Dark Victory are all really good too.

Super Guy
Man, I do love Long Halloween...

NoFate007
Though I haven't read them, I definitely think Hush, Dark Victory, Long Halloween, Arkham Asylum, and Knightfall would be considered some of the best (and I'm hoping, lol, I don't want to be disappointed, despite knowing what happens in them). I have read The Killing Joke, though, and I absolutely loved it. So far out of all the ones I've read, TKJ takes the cake, but there are a lot of Batman comics out there that were really good. Emperor Joker was cool, too. I think overall Batman brings the best storylines to the table in comparison with any other character...Spider-Man has some good stuff, but would be behind Batman to me.

Scarecrow756
Hush, The Killing Joke, The Long Halloween, Arkham Asylum and my personal favourite is The Dark Knight Returns.

atharpina
Oh I forgot about Hush. That's a great one.

Blind
Hush or The Long Halloween.

Wait wait...

Dark Knight Returns. Loved it. Frank Miller is awesome.

Scarecrow756
I fogot to mention Batman Year One that is also a very good Batman story.

tkitna
The Killing Joke

braz
The Long Halloween, Dark Victory, DKR and No Mans Land series was cool.

Darth Martin
I personally like Hush.

Doc Ock
The Killing joke
The Long Halloween

Darth Martin
I didn't like the art in DKR. Plot and Story was good tho.

braz
Originally posted by Darth Martin
I didn't like the art in DKR. Plot and Story was good tho.

yea, thats how i felt too which made it less enjoyable IMO. if only that was better it'd be like perfect. but ya know, it came out in the 80's so whaddah u expect? erm

Super Guy
Miller's art is far off his writing... I wish he could'e worked with Jim Lee in something other than AllsTAR...

lorddreamer
Love Hush. Not the same Batman as the others I've known, not as dark as I like it normally, but... Hush is just great!! Rapes Superman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Long Halloween in a straighup classic!

LORDSIDIOUS01
Greetings best Batman stories ever. This is easy. Knightfall, Knightquest, Knightsend. the Killing Joke. The Long Halloween. Batman#497. Batman: A Death in the Family. Please debate on this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.