AOTC Kenobi & Skywalker Duo vs. Visionaries Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
Okay, so, alternate universe kinda thinking here, what if Maul survived his death blows on Naboo and came back as a cyborg? oh

If any of you have read the Visionaries comic, Darth Maul does just that and comes to Tatooine, seeking revenge against Obi-Wan, blah blah blah.

If Maul had caught up with Kenobi at Geonosis or somewhere in that timeframe, do you think Kenobi and Skywalker could have fought him off or killed him?

Rampant ox
Yes.

The Planet
It would probably be close, but I'd say yes too. Wasn't Darth Maul in Visionaries actually beating Ben, and this was at a stage when Ben wasn't too old and too out of practise. However together, I'm pretty sure they take this.

Darth Martin
I would go w/Maul. IMO TPM duo was better and Maul beat them comfortably.

The Planet
TPM duo was most likely better, but Maul would have grown weaker after becoming a cyborg (force connection and he would have to get used to his mechanical limbs).

Darth Martin
True

Advent
Originally posted by The Planet
Wasn't Darth Maul in Visionaries actually beating Ben

No, it was more of an "even match". Obi-Wan got in a melee hit with his fist which broke some of Darth Maul's horns, he personally amputated his arm before being kicked with tremendous force into a vehicle. He was hardly "beating" him, especially when you consider he ended up at Obi-Wan's mercy and wasn't bested via luck this time (in the sense that Obi-Wan had him beat before Owen shot him).

Gideon
Besides, Planet's right, the popular "theory" (as Jacen calls it - could this be foreshadowing that the post-NJO authors will try to dispute this in some fashion?) is that when one loses most of his natural biology, his potential decreases - though the users themselves can remain "powerful" - they can just never reach their full potential.

Anyways, I see them winning after a moderately difficult duel.

Edit: I stand corrected by someone who read it. Lol. Sorry. sad

The Planet
Originally posted by Advent
No, it was more of an "even match". Obi-Wan got in a melee hit with his fist which broke some of Darth Maul's horns, he personally amputated his arm before being kicked with tremendous force into a vehicle. He was hardly "beating" him, especially when you consider he ended up at Obi-Wan's mercy and wasn't bested via luck this time (in the sense that Obi-Wan had him beat before Owen shot him).

Ah well, I stand corrected. Though I still believe that the duo would take this.

If you're saying that their current power stays the same, that's not true Escape, their connection is greatly reduced, which affects their current power as well as their full potential.

Gideon
I didn't say that. I said that some of the users who are mostly mechanical can still remain powerful. RotJ Vader is 80% of Sidious. That's pretty good for a guy who's mostly a robot.

The Planet
Oh OK.

darthsith19
Maul wins. TPM Qui-Gon and TPM Kenobi > AOTC Kenobi and Anakin both in strength and teamwork. Maul was basically on par with TPM Qui-Gon and Kenobi and he wasn't even at full strength when he faught them.

Brit
Must be said, Maul's had ten years to practice being a cyborg and get back on top of his game...

darthsith19
Yeah, and cyborg Maul nearly beat Kenobi and that was only just after ROTS so Cyborg Maul must be as strong as TPM Maul.

Gideon
Originally posted by darthsith19
Yeah, and cyborg Maul nearly beat Kenobi and that was only just after ROTS so Cyborg Maul must be as strong as TPM Maul.

He nearly beat him? Holy hell. I've got to read it again.

General Kenobl
The duo takes this, or Maul takes this, but I'm sure the duo takes this, but Maul could give an upset, but I believe the duo takes this, but Maul might be able to kill one and kill other, but the Obi-Wan could handle Maul and then Anakin goes for the kill, but Maul could take this, the duo would probably take this, but Maul again can win, but stil the duo takes this.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Gideon
He nearly beat him? Holy hell. I've got to read it again.
Yeah, he puts up a hell of a fight. Kenobi does win, though.

Advent
Originally posted by darthsith19

I wouldn't classify getting your horns smacked the **** right off your head, getting your arm severed, and having your saber cut in half a la TPM as "nearly defeating" the opponent:

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/4417/smacked2bgh6.th.jpg
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/2368/maulobi2ze8.th.jpg

Like I said, it was more of an even match than in Maul's favor.

He downed Kenobi with a kick into a vehicle, but then Kenobi "mysteriously" appears out of nowhere with a lightsaber at Maul's head. Maul also chokes Obi-Wan with his mechanical foot, but then again Kenobi got the better of his opponent twice as well.

Gideon
So, essentially, post-RotS Obi-Wan was the better fighter, in the end?

darthsith19
Yes, which is what I said before, but it was a close fight.

Captain REX
This wasn't much longer after ROTS, I don't think. Luke is probably two or three years old at the most.

darthsith19
Wookieepedia says it's 3 years after ROTS.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.