Not enough gore in new horror movies!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Leathergien
Why did the directors stop putting so much GORE in the horror movies!?!?! mad
that was the highlight of most of the movies back then besides the storylines.
dont you agree? embarrasment

LaHaine
yes

Zilverz
if the scene is done well and its a pretty creative effect it usually gets a chuckle out of me from sheer amazement. I like gore for sure, but it isnt really neccisary. My overall sense of terror usually doesnt benefit.

XxDarkReckonxX
Perhaps, there isn't as much need for *AS MUCH* gore, right? Since now we have all the creepy special effects

Wolfie
Did you see THHE remake? That was pretty gory.

Solo
Yeah, that's the problem, not enough gore...

drewbiefan
I think there are less and less horrors getting this into them, i agree. But i have to say that i do not partcuarly like the gore to be honest. But i guess it also gives the movie some realistic effect. But like the RING movie for example, that was shocking in parts, petty that werent all the way through like that because i believe horrr movies can be sacryyyy without the gore:P

Espantada23
Gores only good with a great story...senseless gore is lame.

Leathergien
i agree sensless gore is lame but gore in good movies makes it more scary!!
and the ring isnt even a good horror it was gay and lame and the most boring movie ive seen!

the hills have eyes is my altime FAVORITE remake!!! its the best! i got it for christmas and i watched it like i think 12 times just n that one night!! horror movies need alittle more gore becuase i can see that ppl get scared from the built up tenstion and gay music but stikll gore is what keeps me watching......in some movies!

drewbiefan
Totally, i classify gore/non gore as two different type of horror completely! But both are great=D

Leathergien
Agree'd

cropsy_is_god
I dont think theres such a thing as senseless gore. Horror films these days probably dont have as much gore because they just get banned. If you watch some spoofs like brain dead and dead & breakfast theres alot of gore in them. I think its because there spoofs and cant be taken seriously.

Tyranno-Chris
Originally posted by Leathergien
I've never been a huge fan of blood splattering everywhere. And Jason lives was just ridiculus because of the gore. Other than that good movi, with a little plot. Gore grosses me out big time. sick

Tyranno-Chris
i agree sensless gore is lame but gore in good movies makes it more scary!!
and the ring isnt even a good horror it was gay and lame and the most boring movie ive seen!

the hills have eyes is my altime FAVORITE remake!!! its the best! i got it for christmas and i watched it like i think 12 times just n that one night!! horror movies need alittle more gore becuase i can see that ppl get scared from the built up tenstion and gay music but stikll gore is what keeps me watching......in some movies!
Thats a wierd Christmas present. No offense to your culture, but I thought the movie sucked. No offense to you, btw.

Evil Dead
I think Beyond Re-Animator and Feast both had a good amount of gore in them..............

BroLLy_LsSj

AGREED DAMN RIGHT , i hate little kids.

Solo
A lot of quality posts in this thread.

Muck101

Are you kidding me? Gore had nothing to do with how scary movies were back then. The horror came from the unknown: what could happen, who was going to live or die. Thats the kind of stuff that kept people on the edge of their seats. Now it's just "Hey, heres an idea. Lets just kill EVERYONE!!!!". Trendwhores. Nothing more.

Muck101
They take the basic Saw movie theme, and just run with it, slamming it into wall after wall. Not scary enough, just dump some more blood on it! That'll solve everything, right? WRONG.

Dinalfos
Everybody likes a decent gore flick like Braindead. Even your granny, although she'd probably never admit it wink

The main reason why there's a lack of true American gore flicks is because horror has been kicked into the mainstream some time ago. It's commercially more viable now than it ever was. And for some reason, this has stopped the indie/underground movement from making hardcore gore flicks. Sure, we still get a lot of blood and guts, but it feels tame and overly stylized compared to the splatter of the old days. Nah, for hardcore gore, we'd have to turn to Olaf Ittenbach and his low-budget flicks.

Where's Peter Jackson?

Dinalfos
Originally posted by Muck101
They take the basic Saw movie theme, and just run with it, slamming it into wall after wall. Not scary enough, just dump some more blood on it! That'll solve everything, right? WRONG.

Ironically, the Saw movies are tame compared to the 80's stuff.

drewbiefan
That was more of a thrilling film, more than an actual horror. Then again i only watched the first stick out tongue

cropsy_is_god
People call me sick for watching movies like the burning and other films that were banned in the UK but when it comes to watching things like scream thats fine even though scream has some gorier scenes than the burning but thats the thing ppl look at mainstream horror as entertainment but smaller slasher flicks are too disturbing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.