Does nothing last forever?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dusty
In our experience as human beings, we have the tendency to learn and grow with the fact that nothing will last forever. Is this true? Do you honestly believe that in a distant time, there will only be nothing? It seems like everything will die out with some aging. Time, however. Will time have it's ending along with its predecessors? Will the candlestick of existence ever burn out?

Your thoughts?

lil bitchiness
To me, the idea of nothing lasts forever is very important.

However let me just clarify few things. ''Nothing lasts forever'' initially refers to the fact that everything changes, not necessarily that everything experiences lack of existance in a literal sense.

Since our current scientific understanding of our world and universe dictates that nothing can be created or destroyed, it would be difficult to grasp the idea that one day there will be nothing.

Everything will be here, just in a different form.

In Buddhist philosophy, for example, the idea is that nothing is in its true form, and thus it does not last forever.
The candlestick of existence will burn out for each and every one of us, but as far as the Universe goes, I sincerely doubt it.

Our life energy and bodies will merely go from one state to another.

information
As long as there's dark in the universe time will prevail.

debbiejo
Nothing? Does a "Nothing" last forever? I must think on this.

information
That's mean!

debbiejo
laughing out loud

OK.......ummmm in the physical nothings lasts forever. Things are in constant change.

Better??

Dusty
Originally posted by debbiejo
Nothing? Does a "Nothing" last forever? I must think on this.

I made it sound a little confusing, but the question is, "Will everything cease to exist at one point in the future"

Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Everything will be here, just in a different form.

In Buddhist philosophy, for example, the idea is that nothing is in its true form, and thus it does not last forever.
The candlestick of existence will burn out for each and every one of us, but as far as the Universe goes, I sincerely doubt it.

Our life energy and bodies will merely go from one state to another.

Okay, this seems logical. But when the form has changed, that form will change, and so on and so forth. It will always be different, but never non existent?

Our universe is being pulled very slowly. Is there a chance that at the end of that pull, there is nothing but destruction?

Mindship
Yes.

Strangelove
I don't think that the universe will ever cease to exist. It seems unlikely. But if it does, it doesn't matter. I'm dead

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Dusty
I made it sound a little confusing, but the question is, "Will everything cease to exist at one point in the future"

Okay, this seems logical. But when the form has changed, that form will change, and so on and so forth. It will always be different, but never non existent?

Our universe is being pulled very slowly. Is there a chance that at the end of that pull, there is nothing but destruction?

Maybe. That is one question we really cannot know for sure, and Im not gonna claim either.

I don't know if you know about this, but I only recently found out - the scientists now believe (or there is a proportion of them that do) that our Universe is merely one of the many many many more.

A kind of universe within universe. They also believe that when the big bang happened, which created our Universe, a Universe already existed.

They also leaning towards a theory that there are other universes which harboured life - there are those who are warmer, and those who are even colder than ours.

It is kind of a move from belief that our Universe stands on its own, expanding into nothingness. It also is moving away from the idea that our universe begun it all.

It is believed that it is just one of the many many many universes. I like this theory.

So, from that, it is easy not to defy the laws of physics when talking about Big Bang. big grin

Anyway as far as the form changing goes -
Our life energy, it what makes us alive - (and by that I mean - whatever energy is required to make us alive. And I know we have all the body parts which makes us tick, but they don't work all by themselves, ie energy is required for them to work) - is transfered when we die (much like other energies).
Our body will rot and in that process become part of the ground, or bits in worms tummy. When the worm dies, it will yet again become something else which will cotribute to something else - like growing of a tree.

I know this sounds all...hippie voodoo like, but it is not religious - it is my perspective based on what I know regarding nature.

Im not claiming that this is like that for sure, this is merely my take on everything.

information
Put it this way, the heavens is the universe but we can't see it 'cause the lights are off.

Dusty
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Maybe. That is one question we really cannot know for sure, and Im not gonna claim either.

I don't know if you know about this, but I only recently found out - the scientists now believe (or there is a proportion of them that do) that our Universe is merely one of the many many many more.

A kind of universe within universe. They also believe that when the big bang happened, which created our Universe, a Universe already existed.

They also leaning towards a theory that there are other universes which harboured life - there are those who are warmer, and those who are even colder than ours.

It is kind of a move from belief that our Universe stands on its own, expanding into nothingness. It also is moving away from the idea that our universe begun it all.

It is believed that it is just one of the many many many universes. I like this theory.

So, from that, it is easy not to defy the laws of physics when talking about Big Bang. big grin

Anyway as far as the form changing goes -
Our life energy, it what makes us alive - (and by that I mean - whatever energy is required to make us alive. And I know we have all the body parts which makes us tick, but they don't work all by themselves, ie energy is required for them to work) - is transfered when we die (much like other energies).
Our body will rot and in that process become part of the ground, or bits in worms tummy. When the worm dies, it will yet again become something else which will cotribute to something else - like growing of a tree.

I know this sounds all...hippie voodoo like, but it is not religious - it is my perspective based on what I know regarding nature.

Im not claiming that this is like that for sure, this is merely my take on everything.

I am fond of every point made.

Regret

Our universe is being pulled very slowly. Is there a chance that at the end of that pull, there is nothing but destruction? E=mc^2

The Laws of Conservation

Scientifically speaking, there will never be the cessation of existence. All that occurs is a change in form, nothing is ever lost or destroyed absolutely. Even if all that is left is energy, eventually some of that energy will likely slow and when it does "poof" we have tangible matter.

Dusty
Originally posted by Regret
Scientifically speaking, there will never be the cessation of existence. All that occurs is a change in form, nothing is ever lost or destroyed absolutely. Even if all that is left is energy, eventually some of that energy will likely slow and when it does "poof" we have tangible matter.

And that matter isn't much but raw energy. Say that matter dies out. Would the energy still continue to exist?

Regret
And that matter isn't much but raw energy. Say that matter dies out. Would the energy still continue to exist? How can a nonliving thing die out? Energy/matter are, the speed at which they are moving determines form. Your question here does not make sense to me.

Mindship
There is permanence in impermanence. Nothing lasts forever; everything lasts forever.

Dusty
Originally posted by Regret
How can a nonliving thing die out? Energy/matter are, the speed at which they are moving determines form. Your question here does not make sense to me.

All types of matter can decompose. Energy is matter.

Regret
All types of matter can decompose. Energy is matter. The decomposition of matter is only an alteration in state, not a cessation of its existence. Decomposition is the event where the composition, organization of the matter, is undone, not destroyed.

Atlantis001

Mindship
Does a "Nothing" last forever?
Yes, otherwise it wouldn't really be a True Nothing. It would be a Potential Something which appeared out of Apparently Nothing. evil face

debbiejo
Originally posted by Atlantis001

lol...
Yes, otherwise it wouldn't really be a True Nothing. It would be a Potential Something which appeared out of Apparently Nothing. evil face.........Ohhhhh we must certainly have a party........great minds think alike.............

oOO HOW did I do this trilogy thingie............I must be god.............three in one.........Blessed be me...........

edit, well it not so much a trilogy as much as a holographic image one inside a one and so on...........Ooooooooo that's even better..............

Any other takers?

Atlantis001
Ohhhhh we must certainly have a party........great minds think alike.............

oOO HOW did I do this trilogy thingie............I must be god.............three in one.........Blessed be me...........

edit, well it not so much a trilogy as much as a holographic image one inside a one and so on...........Ooooooooo that's even better..............

Any other takers?

I agree, even if people think we are completely crazy or devoid of anything that resembles common sense by talking about nothingness and other things...

debbiejo
Well they always say the intelligent ones sound crazy. They just don't understand...........

Or...or drugs...

Mindship
Well they always say the intelligent ones sound crazy. They just don't understand...........
cry

Or...or drugs...
partytime

debbiejo
Originally posted by Mindship
cry

I don't think they are talking about us in here right? gathering

sad

*I don't care, goes to find drugs*

smokin'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.