Why can't Clark understand any languages like Supes. Wasn't it all taught by Jor El.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Meaning during Clarks' travels through space as a baby in his pod that headed to earth and then again when he went to the fortress of solitude every so often.

Wasn't he taught like everything there is to know about mankind by Jor El?

Because I was confused with why Clark didn't understand Spanish when it was spoken to him, in the show.

Darth Vicious
Maybe it will happen during his training which he hasnt started yet.

Dan-El
He went to the Fortress when he needed something. Little is known about the ship since its disappearance (I think it disappeared), but I believe that Jor-El just made a ship containing a message rather than a one that was able to educate the infant Kal-El.

And I agree that Clark will be trained in the Fortress when he's ready.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Maybe it will happen during his training which he hasnt started yet.

Yea but learning languages isn't training. It's learning something that is taught to you. And i just assumed that he was taught how to speak all the languages of man while Jor El was teaching him about mankind as a baby in his pod on his way here.

i dunno.

Dan-El
How do we know he was even trained in the pod? I mean, he may have been in the movie, but this is Smallville we're talking about here.

Kal875
I think it's part of the training/learning

((The_Anomaly))
I have no idea what your talking about. Clark was like 3 years old in the pod, this Clark (modren Clark) isnt an uber intelligent being anymore, he's not gonna learn languages in a pod before he gets here.

It'd be kinda ridiculous when Martha and Johnathan find him he steps out of his space pod and says "hey whats up?" in perfect English.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
I have no idea what your talking about. Clark was like 3 years old in the pod, this Clark (modren Clark) isnt an uber intelligent being anymore, he's not gonna learn languages in a pod before he gets here.

It'd be kinda ridiculous when Martha and Johnathan find him he steps out of his space pod and says "hey whats up?" in perfect English.

Babies start talking at 2 (in some cases even before that) and isn't Superman suppose to be like really intelligent? - (he does posses excellent memory, super-speed reading and is an incredibly fast learner).

I mean he like scientifically smart and maybe even from the time he landed on earth.

Bardock42
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Babies start talking at 2 (in some cases even before that) and isn't Superman suppose to be like really intelligent? - (he does posses excellent memory, super-speed reading and is an incredibly fast learner).

I mean he like scientifically smart and maybe even from the time he landed on earth.

Not sure if that is how it is in Smallville.

((The_Anomaly))
Superman has not possessed "Super Intelligence" since the Pre-Crisis days if I remember. Although they are slowly starting to bring it back in the comics I think.

And though Clark has Super Speed Reading, it doesn't mean he understands what he's reading better then a human, meaning he could read an advanced quantum physics book in like 3 seconds, but that doesn't equate to actually understanding it.

Plus he doesn't have super powers when he's 3, and especially not when he's in his space pod. Because 1) his powers don't come until a much later age and 2) he's had ZERO exposure to a yellow sun.

Jamaican
If you go through some of the episodes (earlier I think like 1st-2nd season) Clark shows how fast he can compute things in his head.

He is supposed to be smarter than the average person I believe. Also, weren't Kryptonians a very bright race? Even apart from that, his father was a genius wasn't he? He should get at least some brains from him...

((The_Anomaly))
Yes, Clark can read things at super speed, and is very smart, but he no longer has the "uber pre-crisis super intellect" that he used to have. Clark couldn't speak any other languages because he obviously hadn't learned them yet. Which makes perfect sense, why would he? Clark isnt like super superior to regular humans in the intelligence game anymore, smart for sure, but I mean it can be argued (and prolly is true) that Bruce Wayne is smarter then Clark is.

purelitenite
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Yes, Clark can read things at super speed, and is very smart, but he no longer has the "uber pre-crisis super intellect" that he used to have. Clark couldn't speak any other languages because he obviously hadn't learned them yet. Which makes perfect sense, why would he? Clark isnt like super superior to regular humans in the intelligence game anymore, smart for sure, but I mean it can be argued (and prolly is true) that Bruce Wayne is smarter then Clark is.

like all of clark's super abilities, certain parts of his brain have not kicked in yet. Even if it does kick in, he still needs to learn how to use it. has clark flown yet? yes. can he fly? yes. does he know how to fly? not yet.

in the comic clark and bruce travled the world looking for training. They even crossed paths in tibet without even knowing it. they do not meet as batman and superman until years later. as for who is stronger. superman leans back on his supermuscles and uses his brain. batman thinks things through and uses his trained body. brains beats brawn any day of the week.

Darkchoco
The Flash is superfast and can read really fast, understand what he is reading, and remember it. Clark already started his training, he wont be done until he introduces himself to the world as Superman. I think he might learn many Languages when he travles the world like Africa, before he becomes Superman.

purelitenite
Originally posted by Darkchoco
The Flash is superfast and can read really fast, understand what he is reading, and remember it. Clark already started his training, he wont be done until he introduces himself to the world as Superman. I think he might learn many Languages when he travles the world like Africa, before he becomes Superman.

flashes read super fast and can only hold it in there short term memory. bart allen the only one with super speed and a photographic memory. They never confirmed the flash's real name. if he was bart allen he would of have to of come from the 31st century.

Darkchoco
Thats who i ment, bart.

Darkchoco
and they do call him bart in the show, so i beleive he is bart.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by purelitenite
like all of clark's super abilities, certain parts of his brain have not kicked in yet. Even if it does kick in, he still needs to learn how to use it. has clark flown yet? yes. can he fly? yes. does he know how to fly? not yet.

in the comic clark and bruce travled the world looking for training. They even crossed paths in tibet without even knowing it. they do not meet as batman and superman until years later. as for who is stronger. superman leans back on his supermuscles and uses his brain. batman thinks things through and uses his trained body. brains beats brawn any day of the week.

What in gods name are you talking about? Unless Bruce has Kryptonite, Batman cant win against Supes.

2 resons why Superman loses to Batman:

1) PIS (Plot Induced Stupidity)
2) Kryptonite

There is a comic scan somewhere where Bruce admits that if Clark wanted to he could Crush him with his superspeed, but Clark is too nice and wont do it. But the fact remains that Superman can move faster then Batman can think. Supes, if he REALLY wanted to, could superspeed over to Batman and break his neck effortlessly before Batman could even think to move, let alone stop Supes. Batman himself even knows this, afterall, Bats isnt stupid.

In closing, if Superman went all out (i.e. Bloodlusted) Then there is NOTHING Batman could do to stop him. Batman would be dead in under a second.

Dan-El
I'd be more confused as to the comic he was talking about. Since when does Clark go to Tibet to seek training?

Colombiankilla
yeah stop cofusing people

Sparkz
Originally posted by Dan-El
He went to the Fortress when he needed something. Little is known about the ship since its disappearance (I think it disappeared), but I believe that Jor-El just made a ship containing a message rather than a one that was able to educate the infant Kal-El.

And I agree that Clark will be trained in the Fortress when he's ready.

No Clark destroyed the ship at the end of season 2 trying to get away from Jor-El.

Also if Superman hadn't been exposed to a yellow sun wouldnt he still be able to absorb info easily Kryptonians all seem to be v smart.

Amazon
I think the Kryptonian language is actually part of Kryptonian DNA. Or at least it was probably put into his DNA. He remembered it when certain strands were activatied in the cave. Human languages may not be part of his DNA and therefore something he has to learn the old fashioned way. I think it's a metaphysical thing.

rogy3131
batman would be dead in less than 1/1000 of a sec, (clark avoids jimmys lens in the green arrow episode)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.