Afterlife

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

EvoluzioneX
If there is an afterlife what would it be? And could you die in the afterlife and come back here?

Regret
Originally posted by EvoluzioneX
If there is an afterlife what would it be? And could you die in the afterlife and come back here? Umm, religion forum, there is a thread on this.

EvoluzioneX
Srry. I'm new and a n00b

Regret
Originally posted by EvoluzioneX
Srry. I'm new and a n00b No biggie, just pointing you in the right direction wink Welcome to the forum.

Dusty
Originally posted by Regret
Umm, religion forum, there is a thread on this.

If there is already an existing thread, use the report button. So the moderators can take care of the problem as quickly as possible.

Regret
Originally posted by Dusty
If there is already an existing thread, use the report button. So the moderators can take care of the problem as quickly as possible. Report has negative connotation, I do not report unless the activity is intentionally abusive of the forum or its members. I do not care how long it takes or if the moderators "take care" of this thread, it will receive minimal response and fade deep into the philosophy forum if nothing is done.

Atlantis001
Well, in the Tibetan book of the dead and also according to hinduism, and perhaps every religion that descended from it like buddhism and jainism............... it is believed that first after our death some levels of our soul(kama-manas) associated to our "material" human ego die together with the physical body but after some time(which varies), this is called the second death. Other higher "divine" levels(atma-buddhi-manas) will enter a state of peace called devachan(its like some kind of heaven) until the next reincarnation.

According to that philosophy there are also three levels of consciousness that can be reached when a person dies depending on her karma.

The first one is the nirmanakaya that just means that the person stills has karma, and will reincarnate again after some time.

The second one is the sambhoghakaya that means a person eliminated her karma and freed herself from the cycle of reincarnations, but will reincarnate again just as her wish to help others in the process. Individuals that are reincarnating in this state are called boddhisattvas.

The third one is dharmakaya and means that a person freed herself of the cycle of reincarnations and will not reincarnate again, becoming one with budhha, brahman, etc...

Storm
Please use the following link: Life after death?

Thank you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.