Yoda vs. Darth Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Planet
This is RotS Yoda, Bane at his peak from what we have already seen, takes place in a neutral setting (too lazy to come up with one) and anything goes.
I'd personally say that Bane owns him, but I know that there are others who even believe that Bane would lose, so this thread should be interesting.

Gideon
Yoda's the most powerful Jedi prior to Luke. Bane's not even the most powerful Sith. If he wins, which I don't know about, I don't see him "owning" Yoda.

The Planet
Well sith are generally more powerful than Jedi, and about Yoda being the most powerful up until that time, there's not actually proof for that. And Bane by BotS is arguably the most powerful sith up until Palpatine, anyway.

General Kenobl
I don't know the book name, but there was one that said Palpatine > Bane. Palpatine = Yoda. Thus by the transitive property, Yoda > Bane.

Darth Sexy
I don't see how there is even a debate for this, with the likes of the planet and his lack of credibility. It's very simple. Sidious>Bane. Yoda=Sidious. Yoda has shown mastery on levels above and beyond Bane. Yoda>Bane.

Gideon
Originally posted by The Planet
Well sith are generally more powerful than Jedi, and about Yoda being the most powerful up until that time, there's not actually proof for that. And Bane by BotS is arguably the most powerful sith up until Palpatine, anyway.

The novelization says that he is the most powerful foe that the darkness has ever known; so, technically, he's not just the most powerful Jedi. He's the most powerful person to ever oppose the dark side prior to Luke.

A canon source disagrees.

As for Bane, one could argue that Ragnos, Kun, and Revan are all just as powerful - if not more.

Yeah. It's either a book or an article. Lightsnake gave me the name of it, one time. And then there's Sith Dynasties or something like that which said that Sidious was the most powerful Sith Lord.

DE Sidious is a hell of a lot more powerful than Bane.

Yoda's experience and knowledge of the Force would most definately supercede Bane's, I suppose.

The Planet

Mider999
what feets does bane have to back up that he's this powerful

The Planet
Pulled a moon out of orbit, and then there's the whole destruction of the temple incident.

Darth Sexy
OH I forgot, a force wave puts Bane above Yoda. Nice debating. Truly.

The Planet
You are an idiot. Nice strawman argument. Bane attacked Kas'im with a wave of force energy, Kas'im defended against it and redirected a portion of the attack, and its redirection was able to collapse the entire Rakatan temple. So a portion of Bane's actual attack, redirected, was capable of collapsing an entire 20 story temple. The blast full on would have been much much more powerful, it's raw power far beyond Yoda.

Darth Sexy
You are an idiot. Nice strawman argument. Bane attacked Kas'im with a wave of force energy, Kas'im defended against it and redirected a portion of the attack, and its redirection was able to collapse the entire Rakatan temple. So a portion of Bane's actual attack, redirected, was capable of collapsing an entire 20 story temple. The blast full on would have been much much more powerful, it's raw power far beyond Yoda.

Do you KNOW what a strawman argument is? You have truly given me a reason to come back to this forum. A village idiot is exactly what it needs and now, it's got one. Keep arguing that the blast proved Bane has more raw power than Yoda. Everyone heres needs a laugh.

The Planet
Yes. You attacked an argument I never came up with, a distorted version of mine.

How about you start proving that Yoda can contend with Bane, because I've provided great points in favour of Bane, and so far you've brought nothing to the debate.

Darth Sexy
Yes. You attacked an argument I never came up with, a distorted version of mine.

How about you start proving that Yoda can contend with Bane, because I've provided great points in favour of Bane, and so far you've brought nothing to the debate.

no no, you said Bane's force waved proved Bane has more raw power than Yoda. That IS an argument, no matter how shitty it is, therefore it isn't a strawman. But please, humor me some more.

The Planet
No, you were saying that I said a force wave is what puts Bane above Yoda, that is not the case. I never said that, its a distorted version of what I was saying, my argument was the raw power behind the force wave, not the technique itself.

Darth Sexy
I rest my case. That's all for tonight. You can make me laugh tomorrow, clown, thank you for the brief enjoyment.

darthsith19
So this is Bane with his Orbalisks? Then he wins for sure, Yoda cannot get passed his armor with Ataru. His Orbalisk armor is nearly inpenetratable, Ataru would be the worst form because it focuses on speed and not strength.

Darth Godzilla
Arguing isn't gonna get you guys anywhere. Cool it.
Just laugh about how idiotic the other is.
stick out tongue

Anyway, has anyone ever done Bane vs. Exar Kun?

jollyjim311

Making things up?

Bane took a minute to focus and build up the force so that he could unleash a push (a powerful one, but just a push) that Kas'im blocked. He didn't block the area around him, though, meaning the blast went past him, and knocked out a few walls of an Ancient Temple (in this case, it's age and sturdiness must be taken into account), this caused the temple to collapse.

It was a very powerful attack, I'll give it that, but let's not make it out to be more than it was. What should be noted is that Bane had to build up his force energy prior, and with the full blast, it took out a few walls of an Ancient Temple. I don't mean to diminish the feat, I just want to be realistic. It was still a very powerful blast, especially given Banes short training time.

Lightsnake
Originally posted by darthsith19
So this is Bane with his Orbalisks? Then he wins for sure, Yoda cannot get passed his armor with Ataru. His Orbalisk armor is nearly inpenetratable, Ataru would be the worst form because it focuses on speed and not strength.

Give it a rest. Bane's orbalisks have several weak points, and his head is totally unprotected..
Please

darthsith19
And I'm sure Yoda will know all of the weak points, right? And he'll have an incredibly easy time getting to Bane's head, even though he's so short, and I'm sure Bane will just lean over and let him cut his head apart. roll eyes (sarcastic)

jollyjim311
In the AOTC Novelization it seemed Yoda was almost toying with Dooku in saber combat.

Also, he, unarmed, could easily dodge the attacks of three Jedi masters, one being a Master of Vaapad.

Bane was only trained to fight against sets of attacks. I'd love to see how he'd fare against Yodas unpredictable and far from typical use of Ataru.

Darth Sexy
indeed

Gideon
Thanks for the insight into the attack, Jolly. It would seem that The Planet has been exaggerating some things.

And I'm sure Yoda will know all of the weak points, right? And he'll have an incredibly easy time getting to Bane's head, even though he's so short, and I'm sure Bane will just lean over and let him cut his head apart. roll eyes (sarcastic)

When he's in full Ataru mode, Yoda is easily capable of jumping over Count Dooku, who is a very tall man (six-foot-five). It is ridiculous to assume that he couldn't reach Bane's head, especially when he is swinging a lightsaber at it. Likewise, Yoda's small size will make him a harder target for Bane to hit.

Lightsnake
Oh, for....the weak spots are incredibly obvious, considering the uncovered head, the unarmored waist and joints....geez, just take a look..

The Planet
Are you guys crazy? Bane's a better lightsaber user than Yoda without the orbalisks, with them, he's almost invincible in lightsaber combat.

The Planet
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Making things up?

Bane took a minute to focus and build up the force so that he could unleash a push (a powerful one, but just a push)

A minute? Where'd you get that figure from? I'd say it was about 20 - 30 seconds, as Bane had been gathering the force around him during Kas'im's speech, 'I will follow you wherever you run. Wherever you go I will find you and kill you. Don't live your life in fear, Bane. Better to end it now.' - about 25 seconds I'd say.

Well that's your interpretation, I'll respect that.

True, but the attack was still very impressive.

Mostly agreed, but it wasn't the full blast that did that, it was a portion of the blast after having been redirected by Kas'im, that's how I see it.

Gideon
It specifically said that Kas'im redirected the blast?

The Planet
No, not exactly. but it's the most logical explanation. Bane aimed the attack at Kas'im, Kas'im defended against it, and then the temple collapsed. It's pretty clearly a redirection.

Gideon
No, not exactly. but it's the most logical explanation. Bane aimed the attack at Kas'im, Kas'im defended against it, and then the temple collapsed. It's pretty clearly a redirection.

Where was the temple located? In front of Kas'im? Behind him? Does it say?

The Planet
Kas'im was standing inside the temple, in front of the entrance.

Gideon
Kas'im was standing inside the temple, in front of the entrance.

But it doesn't say that he redirected the energy? Eh. I'm not inclined to believe it, then. Jollyjim's argument is as equally valid, and it is better in the sense that it doesn't necessarily put a spin on the whole issue.

The Planet
Well it's kinda poetic. Blandly stating that it was a redirection wouldn't be the best writing.

Darth Sexy
THe Planet, as usual you're an idiot to think Bane was a better lightsaber duelist than Yoda. Nothing even remotely suggests that. Furthermore, there was nothing poetic about the events you described. Kas'im simply put up a force shield, and the blast didn't affect him. However, he shouldn't have been standing at the entrance of the temple, otherwise he wouldn't have been harmed.

The Planet
He beat Kas'im, he became pretty much the second best duelist in the BoD in less than three years. With the orbalisk armour, he destroys Yoda.

Darth Sexy
He beat Kas'im, he became pretty much the second best duelist in the BoD in less than three years. With the orbalisk armour, he destroys Yoda.

oh because anybody BUT Kas'im was labeled as a saber prodigy? Give it a rest captain planet, there's nothing to suggest that the specific era we discussed produced many lightsaber prodigies. His orbalisk armor is irrelevant. Yoda is quicker and more powerful than Bane with superior force knowledge. Bane goes down hard.

The Planet
He defeated Kas'im, most definitely one of the top 5 best duelists ever, after less than three years of training. He's a prodigy, most likely the best there is. And how is his armour ****ing irrelevant, dumbass? It makes him near impossible to defeat in saber combat.

Darth Sexy
He defeated Kas'im, most definitely one of the top 5 best duelists ever, after less than three years of training. He's a prodigy, most likely the best there is. And how is his armour ****ing irrelevant, dumbass? It makes him near impossible to defeat in saber combat.

Wow.. What a moron. You do know that he DID lose to him in saber combat right? He defeated him because he collapsed a temple on kas'im, that is ALL. And yes his armor is irrelevant consider Yoda can and WILL find the weakpoints(his head), and strike.

The Planet
They had two duels, he won the first, got destroyed in the second because he was disadvantaged.

'Cause hist styles flashy? roll eyes (sarcastic)
Please, Yoda is heavily overrated, his uberness with a saber didn't seem to help him much in AotC against Dooku, or in RotS against Sidious, now did it?

Darth Sexy
They had two duels, he won the first, got destroyed in the second because he was disadvantaged.
I really feel bad for you because you have to resort to making shit up. I won't bother arguing with you considering the fact that I read the book and there's nothing remotely close to him defeating Kas'im in saber combat, but good try.

LOL...He toyed with Dooku both times never wanting to kill him. If you read Dark Rendezvous you'd realize he always wanted to turn him back, but your ignorance is evident. And in the original script he did disarm Sidious, but Lucas wanted to make a completely stalemated fight, so it was a stalemate. And you have absolutely no argument considering the fact that Yoda stalemated the most powerful Sith Lord ever.

The Planet
He as good as won the first duel, Kas'im even says 'you should have defeated me when you had the chance'.

I go by what I saw in the movie, Dooku fought just as well as Yoda did.

Original script isn't canon, moot point!

By RotS? Sidious was far from the most powerful by RotS, don't be ridiculous.

Darth Sexy
He as good as won the first duel, Kas'im even says 'you should have defeated me when you had the chance'.
That doesn't constitute victory, I'm glad you're having trouble interpreting reality.

Good for you, but I go with the movie and novelization where Dooku ran from Yoda because he knew he couldn't win. If you read Dark Rendezvous(which you haven't), you know Dooku couldn't do a damn thing to Yoda on Vjun.

Read the NEC. Try again.

The Planet
Well it constitutes superiority, in that particular scenario.

Dude, I think it's pretty obvious that you haven't read it either. You're most likely parroting what others have said. Prove me wrong, if you can!

The NEC is written from an in-universe perspective, so that line is nothing more than an opinion, from a nobody. Now Sidious by RotS clearly isn't the most powerful ever, there are plenty who are above him; Exar Kun, Marka Ragnos, Darth Bane, Darth Nihilus to name a few.

Darth Sexy
Well it constitutes superiority, in that particular scenario.

Dude, I think it's pretty obvious that you haven't read it either. You're most likely parroting what others have said. Prove me wrong, if you can!

The NEC is written from an in-universe perspective, so that line is nothing more than an opinion, from a nobody. Now Sidious by RotS clearly isn't the most powerful ever, there are plenty who are above him; Exar Kun, Marka Ragnos, Darth Bane, Darth Nihilus to name a few.

Conclusion: Formulate your own arguments and stop copying the arguments of the EOD members. NEC isn't in universe considering its the Chronology for the EU and the movies. There's a reason everyone from EOD left. The truth is a hard pill to swallow.

The Planet
OK...
You're weird

Lightsnake
To be quite frank: The essential guides are written as in-universe, but they do infact, apply without

The Planet
Events, sure, but opinions? Sidious only becomes the most powerful by DE, his RotS form is weaker than quite a few other sith.

darthsith19
Yes, Yoda was capable of jumping over Dooku's head but mostly he was striking at the middle/lower parts of his body. He only got near his head a couple of times and I think we can assume that it's alot harder for him to strike at Dooku's head than it was for him to ttrike at his body. Also, Bane knows that his head is a weak point and therefor will be extra careful when Yoda's by his head and try his hardest to keep Yoda away from it.

Yes, Yoda will see his head, but Bane's clothes will cover up his joints and waist, so Yoda will have no way of knowing that they are weak points.

The Planet
Even if Yoda knows about the weak points, to deny the advantage of the armour is complete bias. The advantage is huge, considerable, and considering that Bane is already incredible with a saber, I don't see anyone taking BotS down in a saber duel.

Lightsnake
Yes, Yoda was capable of jumping over Dooku's head but mostly he was striking at the middle/lower parts of his body. He only got near his head a couple of times and I think we can assume that it's alot harder for him to strike at Dooku's head than it was for him to ttrike at his body. Also, Bane knows that his head is a weak point and therefor will be extra careful when Yoda's by his head and try his hardest to keep Yoda away from it.
So what? Yoda's already stronger than Bane. Force, much?
Bane was also liekly killed by Yoda if you don't know the current LFL talks.

Bane wears pants after the orbalisk thing. That's it....his weak points are well exposed and the orbalisks are not infallible

darthsith19
So Yoda's slightly stronegr with the Force, whatever, what;s he gonna do, Force-Push Bane to death. And where does it say Yoda kills Bane?

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/thumb/3/3f/Darthbane.jpg/470px-Darthbane.jpg

He wars more than just pants. I see no weak points exposed except his head.

The Planet
Yoda is not stronger with the force, his only hope was saber combat, but with the orbalisk armour, Yoda has no hope in hell.

Lightsnake
Oh, shut up, Planet.
And slightly stronger? Try 'stronger by a firm margin'....Yoda could simply force crush him as well.

And like I said: Pants. So he has a cloak. Like Yoda won't sense orbalisks with the force...for the FINAL *****ING TIME, THEY ARE FALLIBLE.

And on SW.com, it was revealed a young Yoda novel is being kicked about after the success of PoD with Bane against Yoda.

Let me put it in simple terms: Palpatine is confirmed as>Bane. Yoda equal or above Palpatine....hm.

Moreover, Yoda's the best saber fighter of the golden age of daber dueling. He has a massive advantage over Bane who's never faced someone like him. What's to stop Yoda from flinging the force wave at him? Or hurling him into the wall as breakneck speed?

Yoda defeats Bane, case closed

Darth Sexy
For once I do agree with lightsnake, there's nothing to suggest Bane is even Yoda's equal in saber or force abilities.

The Planet
Yoda's never displayed stronger force power than Bane, his saber skills are overrated and the bs about Palpatine by TPM > Bane is false and made up. Also, where is it said that Yoda's age was the Golden Age of saber dueling? All I heard was that it was the Golden Age of the Jedi. Oh, and rumours mean jack in a debate.

The Planet
Pulling a moon out of orbit is far above anything Yoda's done.

Lightsnake
hahahaha. No. Sorry.
Dark Side Sourcebook plus Heritage of the Sith>You.

Oh, and Lucas is the one who confirmed PT= prime of the Jedi.

Oh, and when LFL announce they're considering it...that's more than a rumor.

Darth Sexy
Yoda's never displayed stronger force power than Bane, his saber skills are overrated and the bs about Palpatine by TPM > Bane is false and made up. Also, where is it said that Yoda's age was the Golden Age of saber dueling? All I heard was that it was the Golden Age of the Jedi. Oh, and rumours mean jack in a debate.

Someone's never read any of the novels or anything relevant to continue debating. And last I checked, the Golden Age of the Jedi was the prime of saber fighting. Next time use your own arguments and stop copying EOD arguments, because those were defeated long ago.

The Planet
Originally posted by Lightsnake
hahahaha. No. Sorry.
Dark Side Sourcebook

I have the DSSB, nothing of the sort is in there. Prove it, provide an exact quote and page number.

I don't believe this, you've lied in the past. Provide a quote and scan of the article, otherwise I see no reason to believe it.

In comparison to the OT, yes. Please, the PT Jedi Order is as peaceful as it gets, the BoD is as martial an order there is, it makes much more sense that the BoD would produce better saber duelists.

Prove that Yoda does actually beat Bane. Until you can, you have no case.

How about you get off Lightsnake's butt, and be your own person.

Golden Age of the Jedi would speak for peace, not fighting prowess, that much is obvious.

Coming from you? Please, the moment you actually come up with something original, then you can talk that shit. I am one of the few people on this forum who actually comes up with original arguments, so please stfu.

Lightsnake
1. College, remmeber? And it calls Palpa the strongest of Bane's order and in over a tousand years. Nice try, though.

2. It calls Palpatine the pinnacle of thousands of years to power and ritual.

3. Wow, you're either stupid, or in denial. Prime of the Jedi= Prime of the Jedi.

4. Can't prove Yoda's victory yet, but if/when his book comes out, it'll fun to see your face

The Planet
1. Don't believe you. You've twisted things in the past, such as Luke having the same potential as Anakin. So I'm disregarding this, I don't believe you.

2. Don't believe you, so I'm disregarding this.

3. Lucas says this in respect to choreography, and constantly makes a comparison between the PT and the OT. So it doesn't apply to the whole EU.

4. Really, the times don't quite add up, and I doubt LFL would really reveal a Major plot line in any upcoming books. But this doesn't matter anyway, for now it's irrelevant.

darthsith19
Oh really, I was unaware that Yoda used Dark Side Force Powers.

So Yoda will sense the Orbalisks through the Force and defeat Bane at the same time? Surely he's not THAT far above Bane. I've already commented on why Yoda won't be able to cut through them, add to to that the efact that Yoda has to do all of this, without dying, before he gets tired. Not gonna happen.

A link would be nice. Until the novel comes out, though, no assumptions can be made. But if it's not to much trouble I would like to see the link.

DE Palpatine?

Really? I'd like a quote. And prime of the Jedi doesn't necessairly mean Yoda > any other Jedi duirng or before the PT era, just that the PT jedi were overall stronger, as in they had greater numbers and stuff.

Lightsnake
1. Don't believe you. You've twisted things in the past, such as Luke having the same potential as Anakin. So I'm disregarding this, I don't believe you.

2. Don't believe you, so I'm disregarding this.

3. Lucas says this in respect to choreography, and constantly makes a comparison between the PT and the OT. So it doesn't apply to the whole EU.

4. Really, the times don't quite add up, and I doubt LFL would really reveal a Major plot line in any upcoming books. But this doesn't matter anyway, for now it's irrelevant.
I see whinings and stupidity saturating throughout your posts. You can just go away.

The Planet
laughing laughing Nice excuse. thumb up

Lightsnake
Oh really, I was unaware that Yoda used Dark Side Force Powers.

He did in the Yinchorri rebellion. And Mace does as well.

Um, no? Yoda would be able to sense them in conjunction and Bane's weak points? That's what Jedi, y'know, DO!
And you've already commented...whoop dee doo. The Orbalisks are fallible and can be damaged.
Oh, Yoda can fight for hours on end

Through months of TFN and SW.com?
try a Yoda search, see what you find

TPM Palpatine

hahaha.
Lucas: To See the Jedi fighting in the PRIME OF THE JEDI."
And Yoda is the strongest of the strongest...meaning, he'd be above the others. He's already confirmed as the strongest Jedi ever until Luke in the ROTS novelization, we know he's killed other Sith.
Just get over your Sith fascination already. Bane cannot take Yoda.

Darth Sexy
Captain Planet, you look like an idiot to argue lightsnake's canon soures, because they are usually 100% accurate. Nobody cares if you don't believe them, you've yet to formuate a cogent argument yourself.

The Planet
Funny, no such thing happens in Jedi Council: Acts of War.

So what if Yoda knows about the weak spots, Bane is already an exceptional duelist, probably better than Yoda, his armour only makes him much much harder to defeat. There's no way Yoda takes him in a saber duel.

His huffing and puffing after his short fight with Dooku begs to differ.

He owns Yoda.

Darth Sexy

So what if Yoda knows about the weak spots, Bane is already an exceptional duelist, probably better than Yoda, his armour only makes him much much harder to defeat. There's no way Yoda takes him in a saber duel.

His huffing and puffing after his short fight with Dooku begs to differ.

He owns Yoda.

Huffing and puffing? Him being 800+ years old is where the huffing and puffing comes from, and it has absolutely NO effect on his fighting abilities, as was shown, so once again, fact>you. And Yoda being superior to Bane is also fact, which again is more important than you. Keep arguing with facts though, it gives some of the regulars here something to laugh about.

The Planet
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
Captain Planet, you look like an idiot to argue lightsnake's canon soures, because they are usually 100% accurate.

Like Luke having the same potential as Anakin? Or Palpatine mastering every known sith power?

This might sound a tad bit arrogant, but are you jealous of me Sexy? You seem to have had something against me since day one, and I haven't really warranted it.

Lightsnake

Oh, so he didn't crush a Yinchori against the wall?

You mean he can compete with someone faster when he has an obvious weak spot and fallible armor? LOL

He can fight for hours...he only gets tired AFTER the fights...notice he went on much longer in other cases

He owns Yoda.

The Planet
Huffing and puffing? Him being 800+ years old is where the huffing and puffing comes from, and it has absolutely NO effect on his fighting abilities, as was shown, so once again, fact>you. And Yoda being superior to Bane is also fact, which again is more important than you. Keep arguing with facts though, it gives some of the regulars here something to laugh about.

smile Come 'ere, Sexy!!

Lightsnake
Oh, so he didn't crush a Yinchori against the wall?

You mean he can compete with someone faster when he has an obvious weak spot and fallible armor? LOL

He can fight for hours...he only gets tired AFTER the fights...notice he went on much longer in other cases

Screechy idiots don't an argument make

The Planet
Force push is a darkside power? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Faster? Begs for proof. Bane was stated to move faster than the eye can see.

And almost impenetrable armour with a few weak spots is >>>>>> no armour.

Dude, he can't fight for hours, his force energy isn't that great, he's far too old, and he utilises the most energy demanding form there is. And you can come up with any excuse you like, but Yoda was pretty fatigued after a minute duel with Count Dooku, he would like be dead after an hour long fight, LOL!

darthsith19
Well, Mace has been known to use the Dark Side, hasnt he. I'll check on swtimelime.ru for the Yinchorri rebellion.

Edit: That's bullshit. Yoda doesn't Force Crush the Yinchorri, he Force Pushes him. There's a HUGE difference between a Force Pusha nd a Force Crush.

http://swtimeline.ru/comics/Jedi_Council_Acts_of_War/Jedi_Council_Acts_of_War_042.jpg

Oh rly? Where does it say THAT?

Yes, you can cut through orbalisks, but they are almso tlightsaber proof. As I have stated before, Ataru focuses on speed and not power and wouldn't have the power to cut through an Orbalisk.

Okay, where has it been stated that TPM Palpaitne > Bane w/ orbalisks?

Means WHAT?

Quote.

Such as...?

Says WHAT?

Lightsnake
Well, Mace has been known to use the Dark Side, hasnt he. I'll check on swtimelime.ru for the Yinchorri rebellion.
Go ahead. Yoda killed a Yinchorri right off when he was fired at.
Yoda, according to DR, has had his own brushes with the DS

Ever read BOTS?

almost. And given the gaping weak points and Yoda's own power.....y'know, carriyng around house sized guns ON HIS BACK....welllll

Dark Side Sourcebook and Heritage of the Sith..."The most powerful Sith in over a thousand years."
Or: "Palpatine, the culmination of thousands of years of power and tradition."

I dunno....maybe it was the PRIME of the freaking Jed?

"He, the strongest, fiercest, most implacable foe the darkness had ever known..."

Unknown who exactly. we just know he's done so.

He ain't tiring when he fights Bane

darthsith19
Wrong, he Force Pushed it, didn't kill it.

Has had brushed with the Dark Side does not = Has kileld Sith Lords.

Nope, is it on swtimeline.ru?

WTF are you talking about?

A thousand years, huh? And is it talking about TPM Sidious? And most powerful doesn't mean best in a fight, power is also having strategy and making schemes, deception and such and we know Palpatine is better at those things than Bane is.

"To see Jedi fighting in the PRIME OF THE JEDI." means absolutely nothing because I have no idea what that quote refers to. What is to see Jedi fighting in their prime?

Okay, so Yoda is the strongest Jedi until Luke Skywalker. So what? Doesn't mean he can take Bane.

I know that. WHAT says that he doesn't tire?

Gideon
I don't have my copy of Attack of the Clones on me, but Lucas made a reference to the prequel trilogy being the prime of the Jedi in terms of lightsaber ability on one of the disks, whether it is on AotC, TPM, or RotS. I would gamble on it being on AotC, though.

This clearly means that the prequel trilogy is the time period in which Jedi dueling capabilities are at their pinnacle as a whole. Yoda is the strongest of that period, and the novelization confirms that he is the greatest and most powerful foe of the dark side in history, prior to Luke.

The Planet
I don't believe that, you're going to have to start proving up.

That's what Yoda came to believe, it's not definite.

Lightsnake
Wrong, he Force Pushed it, didn't kill it.

Has had brushed with the Dark Side does not = Has kileld Sith Lords.

Newsflash: He's done both.
And he killed that Yinchorri....see the crack?

It's not a comic.

Countering this 'Yoda isn't strong!' bullshit

Ahhh, the last refuge of a fanboy here..."It could refer to something else!" It says 'power', it says 'strongest'....just give it up, k?

Ok, let's use standard logic and definitions: Prime of the Jedi= best of the Jedi

Sure it does. Yoda being the strongest foe of the darkness means he has the best chance against Bane...in the force? Stronger. Lightsaber? Better....especially given that he jumps and slashes to behead a clone trooper without effort...plus she's shown faster than Bane could

Demonstrations of him doing so? Yoda has never tired in a fight while he's fighting....even when he carries house sized guns on his back

Gideon
Yeah, kind've like you proving up about Kas'im redirecting that blast of energy from Bane, right? I said it was on the special features DVD of either TPM or AotC. Then, there's a whole article devoted to it that Advent seems to have read.

The Planet
I know of the article, it speaks only in respect to choreography, thus only applies to the movies.

Lightsnake
Translation: I'll take what I want from it.

Pathetic

Darth Sexy
I know of the article, it speaks only in respect to choreography, thus only applies to the movies.

this is why you're an idiot.

darthsith19
Nope.

Who ever said that? Now, wtf are you talking about, carrying guns on his back?

Wait, your calling me a Bane fanboy when your the biggest Sidious famboy kmc has ever seen?! Please, stop whole you're ahead. No, I'm not making a last refuge, I'm telling it like it is. You know I'm right, that's why you are attacking me.

Agreed. Now WTF IS THAT QUOTE REFFERING TO?????!!!!! I know it refers to jedi in their prime, but WHAT? What is it talking ahout, what is Lucas talking about, I ask you for a quote saying where it says the PT is the prime of the Jedi. You respond saying:
Lucas: To See the Jedi fighting in the PRIME OF THE JEDI."
That makes no sense. WHAT is to see the Jedi fighting in the prme of the Jedi. Not what does the quote MEAN, what is it Referring to?

The quote says: Yoda is the strongest Jedi until Luke Skywalker comes around.

No where in there do I see it saying: Yoda is stronger than bane in the Force, with a lightsaber, stronger, or anything else that you mentioned. Where in the quote you provided are you getting that bullshit from?

WHEN does he carry house sized guns on his back. Proof that he has never gotten tired? 850+ years old and your tryign to tell me he never gets tired. Please, everyone gets tired, and it makes no sense for someone to get tired only after they stop fighting. No sense at all.

The Planet
Lightsnake, what DS is getting at is you need to put these quotes into context. And DS is hardly a fanboy, that's ridiculous.

Lightsnake
Who ever said that? Now, wtf are you talking about, carrying guns on his back?
Clone Wars volume 3. Comic.

Because you're being a Bane fanboy and I can backup anytihng I said about Sidious.
What you're doing i trying to twist it into something it's not. It says 'strength' and power. That's it.

Strongest, most skilled Jedi. Use some logic

So,l how much more powerful are the Sith than the Jedi.
Yep, Sith fanboy bullshit

When you're using the Force to sustain yourself? Hm.
In all the instances of himself shown fighting, Yoda's shown ZERO exhaustion in his fights

darthsith19
Which comic in Clone Wars Volume 3? I'm not going to flip through the whole f*cking Volume just to see one thing.

No, I'm not. A Sith's Power focuses on all aspects of his or her power, not just his or ehr fighting abilities. Bane can be able to beat Sidious in a fight but Sidious can still be stornger due to his manipulation abilties and strategies ect.

Most skilled Jedi WHAT? That quote refers to nothing. I mean when is it referring to, not what does it mean. Wjy did you even put it there in the first place?

WTF? English?

Even when using the Force you can get tired, so Yoda would be no exception. Dooku got tired, Kenobi got tired in ROTS, \\ in two different battles. If Jedi don't get tired then how come in Gauntlet threads you have to say how much rest they get?

Lightsnake
Which comic in Clone Wars Volume 3? I'm not going to flip through the whole f*cking Volume just to see one thing.
Page 90-100 ish I think.

Oh, please....and strength? Oh, dear, maybe calling Bane powerful referred to his political manipulation!
Just give it a rest. This is absolutely ridiculous

MOST SKILLED AND POWERFUL JEDI, GET IT THROUGH YOUR SKULL.

Learn it.

Yoda>Both of them. He's an exception. Now, if you can't counter the point? Then that's enough
And I'm supposed to explain what people on threads think?

Gideon
That makes no sense, Darthsith.

If Bane is capable of beating Sidious, how can Sidious be more powerful through his manipulation? He can't. He can be greater (which he is), he can be smarter (which he is), but he can't be more powerful.

Not by your logic.

darthsith19
No, you're being ridiculous by thinking that power refers ONLY to fighting abilities. That's so simple-minded, power has never referred to just pure fighting abilities. Yes, it does refer to Bane's political manipulation, however, we know Palatine's > Bane's, not the otehr way around, so it's possible that Palpatine's only stronger for this reason.

You do now gte what I'm saying. Let me put it this way: Why did you ever post that quote?

Okay, bad insult, I've been typing in english all evening. "So,l how much more powerful are the Sith than the Jedi." that it not english. That sentence makes no sense now, does it?

Yes, Yoda does > Them in the Force. he's older, too. It evens out, and yes, people who use the Force do get tired, otherwise Vader, Kenobi, and Dooku would never have gotten tired. Or Maul, or Qui-Gon.

Can't be. Yoda wasn't even IN Clone Wars Volume 3.

Who ever said power = fighting abilities. bane can be a better fighter than Palpatine and thus be able to defeat him in a fight but still be overall less powerful.

Lightsnake
No, you're being ridiculous by thinking that power refers ONLY to fighting abilities. That's so simple-minded, power has never referred to just pure fighting abilities. Yes, it does refer to Bane's political manipulation, however, we know Palatine's > Bane's, not the otehr way around, so it's possible that Palpatine's only stronger for this reason.
Ok, so he's got the best fighting abilities AND the others? Ok, great.
Seriously, give it a rest

To exemplify how Yoda'd be better, maybe?

Apparently since Bane, who's not even the strongest Sith can beat the Strongest JEdi, well...

so what? He uses the Force to a greater degree. For the last time: Yoda is stronger than all of them

Yeah. Give it a rest. We have several quotes calling him more powerful and stronger.

Now, what does 'power' refer to? Strength? Overall stronger? Unless you can back your crap up, then cut it out

Yoda wins this fight

darthsith19
Did I say Bane's got greater otehrs than Palpatine? No, I said exactly the opposite. Read more carefully next time.

And how does that quote relate to Yoda in any way what-so-ever?

"So,I" doesn't make sense at all and it not english. "l how much" that doesn't make sense. What you said makes no sense.

Same thing I said. But Yoda will get tired, everybody does.

Yes, there are. Doesn't mean palpatine > bane in a fight, just means that OVERALL he's stronger than Bane.

It means overall stronger, yes, you know it does. Power has never been the same as fighting abilities.

And Yoda wasn't even in Clone Wars Volume 3. I have no idea what your talking about with hosue sized guns.

Darth Godzilla
Who wins?
Yoda-
-awesome little old guy with deep connection to force
-crazy twirling attacks
-awesome force powers
-fast as he11
-fought Sidious

Bane
-Strong as he11
-Orbalisk armor
-bad@$$ force powers
-blew up Kas'im

Lightsnake
Did I say Bane's got greater otehrs than Palpatine? No, I said exactly the opposite. Read more carefully next time.
Ok, he lacks PAlpatine's power, so?

I dunno, being the strongest of thr strongest might be something...

If you lack eyes, it's, I dunno....a typo?

He hasn't gotten tired in the Dooku fights, or in the Palpatine fight, or single handedly fighting a droid army.....he won't tire fighting Bane.

Logic points to Palp> Bane in a fight too, big deal

In Star Wars? IT also used the term 'strength.'
Oooh, oooh! what'd Palp mean when he said anakin was stronger than Dooku?
What'd Jacen mean when he called Luke 'powerful?'
How about when Palp was called the most powerful in history....and the author confirmed what it meant? Maybe the Marka Ragnos quote his fanboys used to bleat about?
Seriously....'more powerful' means 'stronger in the force'

I'm talking about the comics, not the cartoons.
And not the Ostrander/Duuresma comics. It's the same issue where Durge and Ventress fight Grievous

Darth Sexy
how is this even a debate? Palpatine was the strongest in Bane's order, including Bane himself. This was by TPM. He got considerably stronger by ROTS. Yoda was equal to ROTS Sidious. Yoda therefore is more powerful than Bane.

((The_Anomaly))
how is this even a debate? Palpatine was the strongest in Bane's order, including Bane himself. This was by TPM. He got considerably stronger by ROTS. Yoda was equal to ROTS Sidious. Yoda therefore is more powerful than Bane.

Wow, thats twice in one day I agree with you...

General Kenobl
If it's Bane in his orbalisks, it'll be a tough fight for Yoda, but our little green friend pulls off the victory.

darthsith19
Strongest of what, may I ask?

Several typo's, more like. Enough typo's that, try as I might, I am unable to decipher what it means to say, maybe you could fix all the typo's.

Who says he didn't get tired?

What logic?

Overall stronger.

Uh, that he's a powerful Jedi.

That overall he's the most powerful. This doesn't necessairly mean he's the strongest in a fight.

Did the quote say that Sidious was the most powerful... with the Force? With a lightsaber? Fighting abilities? No? Then it's overall.

You mean Clone Wars Adventures Volume 3, not Clone Wars Volume 3, then. Those are two different comics, you know.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Clone_Wars_Volume_3:_Last_Stand_on_Jabiim
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Clone_Wars_Adventures:_Volume_3

Where does it say this?

Lightsnake
Strongest of what, may I ask?

The strongest age of Jedi

Logic and what we're shown

Right: Better in a fight.
Fine. Bring your proof?

And Palpatine would still win ina fight, then. The more powerful has the better chance.
And Yoda'd still beat Bane

Yes, Adventures
Logic: Use it

Advent
And Yoda wasn't even in Clone Wars Volume 3. I have no idea what your talking about with hosue sized guns.

He'd be referring to the arthritis muppet doing this:

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/8526/yodagatop3.th.jpg

Lightsnake
Hey, Advent! Haven't seen you ina bit

Advent
Me'sa know, I really haven't been on AIM for lightyears.

I don't know why though, lol. confused

Lightsnake
Fix that, woman, or we break out the hounds.

Advent
1. College, remmeber? And it calls Palpa the strongest of Bane's order and in over a tousand years. Nice try, though.

For reference to what Lightsnake is talking about:

"The Sith finally emerged from a thousand years of watching and waiting, they numbered in accordance with the tradition set down by Darth Bane, only two. The most powerful of these was Darth Sidious, an ice-cold, diabolically calculating genius equipped with the strengths of the dark side of the Force, as well as an enormous wealth of Sith artifacts, equipment, and knowledge."

-- Darkside Sourcebook, Chapter Five: Dark Side Traditions, Page 85.

Captain Planet
It then goes on to say,
'Perhaps the best weapon in his arsenal was his keen understanding of galactic politics, and his seemingly unlimited ability to engineer situations that ultimately served to further empower the sith',
so power in this context most likely is inclusive of political power. That statement doesn't definitely prove that DE Sidious is more powerful (in terms of combat prowess) than Bane.

Advent
Yeah, you could say that.

kamhal

Advent
Obviously statements made by fallible, third party characters such as the one you provided shouldn't be taken into consideration (as Palpatine was the one who said it), however, they don't have the omniscience or authority a narrator does.

If a narrator were to state, for example, "This is character X. The most powerful person ever to grace the history of Star Wars due to his immense power over the Y side of the Force", then that - as long as the source be C-canon - is correct.

Lightsnake
Yeah. No.
Palpatine is also confirmed as stronger in Heritage of the Sith. You don't get to worm your way out of clear cut statements describing power as power has most always been used to represent 'stronger' or 'better.'

Sad, but true, Planet. Time to grow cry yourself to sleep

Kadesh
Well if this is about most powerful the NEC already declared palpatine is more powerful than all other sith lords, and thatwas ROTS sidious not even DE sidious yet

Gideon
Originally posted by Advent
For reference to what Lightsnake is talking about:

"The Sith finally emerged from a thousand years of watching and waiting, they numbered in accordance with the tradition set down by Darth Bane, only two. The most powerful of these was Darth Sidious, an ice-cold, diabolically calculating genius equipped with the strengths of the dark side of the Force, as well as an enormous wealth of Sith artifacts, equipment, and knowledge."

The databank has already confirmed that the Emperor was the most powerful Sith Lord in modern times, and this seems to only underline it. He was the most powerful of Bane's lineage. It also seems to do away with theory that Sidious's Sith belongings, knowledge, and artifacts were extremely limited.

Yeah, like Kas'im "most likely" redirected Bane's Force push? Pardon if not everyone subscribes to your exaggerations or assertions on everything, Planet.

That statement would likely be interpreted that Sidious's greatest asset was his intellect - which is pretty much true, regardless. Count Dooku, who was covetous and fearful of Sidious's dark side secrets seemed to think that his master's greatest skill and ability was his ability to manipulate others, which is all that that excerpt says.

And, yeah, DE Sidious is capable of forming much more powerful attacks.

Kadesh
DE sidious would just about win every sith lord there is both in saber combat and force fight

Captain Planet
Yeah. No.

O RLY?

Direct quote, and scan please?

Yet it goes on to explain that his greatest weapon may just be his political skills and manipulation, which isn't combat related.

Ok. I'll grow cry myself to sleep. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lightsnake
Ok, I'm gonna say this so morons can get it:
I'm at ****ing college. There is no goddamn scanner. You want it? Get off your lazy ass and go read a bit.

Oh, and it still calls him the most powerful, then goes on to explain a greater weapon. Power is always used to refer to ability and strength in the force

Kadesh
And captain planet, do you even read the damm NEC? That should explain what LS said too, that palpatine was declared the strongest of the sith

Captain Planet
Ok, I'm gonna say this so morons can get it:
I'm at ****ing college. There is no goddamn scanner. You want it? Get off your lazy ass and go read a bit.

Until you can actually provide proof, there's no reason for me to believe your claims, and don't tell me to find the article and read it, it's up to you to provide proof for your claims.

And your college has no scanner? Please... stick out tongue

Bullshit, the text includes his intelligence related attributes as a weapon, as well as his combat related attributes, ergo, power in this sense doesn't mean purely combat prowess, it's a combination of different aspects of power.

Captain Planet
Originally posted by Kadesh
And captain planet, do you even read the damm NEC? That should explain what LS said too, that palpatine was declared the strongest of the sith

The NEC is an in-universe source, therefor Palpatine being stated as the most powerful is nothing more than an opinion, from a nobody historian.

Also Kadesh, I notice that you've been saying, 'Have you even read ?' a lot recently. Kinda funny, considering the only SW related stuff you're read is off of wookiepedia.

Darth Sexy
I've never seen such dedication fom someone who keeps on embarassing himself.

Captain Planet
Sexy, what is your purpose? What do you bring to this forum? Why are you here? 'Cause it seems that the only reason you come here is to troll with me every now and then. And at least if your insults were funny, It'd be entertaining for me, but now you're just boring me, so either debate, or go home.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Captain Planet
Sexy, what is your purpose? What do you bring to this forum? Why are you here? 'Cause it seems that the only reason you come here is to troll with me every now and then. And at least if your insults were funny, It'd be entertaining for me, but now you're just boring me, so either debate, or go home.

Lets review the facts

Me: Logical arguments some of the time
You: Logical arguments NONE of the time

Me: argue things for a reason
You: Biggest troll on this forum

You're a stupid kid who has no idea where to even start in a debate, so you troll this forum throwing out insults and a useless opinion, and then you wonder why you are the joke of this forum.

Captain Planet
Lets review the facts

Me: Logical arguments when copied.
You: Logical arguments 99% of the time

Me: Biggest troll on this forum
You: argue things for a reason

I'm a stupid kid who has no idea where to even start in a debate, so I troll this forum throwing out insults and a useless opinion, and then I wonder why I am the joke of this forum.

Corrected for ya. big grin thumb up

Darth Sexy
And as usual, I rest my case. Thanks for making this so easy.

Gideon
Planet, do you suffer from the online disease called "selective reading"? Your most recent interpretations haven't really reinforced that "extreme debating" skill that you so arrogantly claim to possess. You've ignored my post that I very nicely provided for you, so is this a sign of consent on your behalf?

That seems pretty cut-and-dry to me. It's confirmed that Sidious is the most powerful of Bane's lineage, which Lightsnake was trying to tell you all along. As for your assertion that this only speaks of his intellect and not his skills as a Force user, perhaps you conveniantly ignored the quote: "equipped with the strengths of the dark side of the Force, as well as an enormous wealth of Sith artifacts, equipment, and knowledge."

That does not speak of intellect. As for your subsequent quote from the Dark Side Sourcebook:

"Perhaps the best weapon in his arsenal was his keen understanding of galactic politics, and his seemingly unlimited ability to engineer situations that ultimately served to further empower the Sith."

What's your point, exactly? It's simply saying that Sidious's intellect and his skills as a manipulator were the "best weapons in his arsenal", which isn't exactly untrue, considering how it was with his intellect that he crushed the Jedi, toppled the Republic, and conquered the galaxy. That isn't to say that his power was limited only to his intelligence, and it is foolish of you to even imply that.

So, exactly, how can his "power" be construed as just insofar as to his brains? Especially when you have the quotes provided from the novelization and Labyrinth of Evil.

General Kenobl
Again, ignoring Planet's stubborness,

Yoda=Sidious
Sidious > Bane
Ergo by the Transitive Property, Yoda > Bane.

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by Gideon
Planet, do you suffer from the online disease called "selective reading"? Your most recent interpretations haven't really reinforced that "extreme debating" skill that you so arrogantly claim to possess. You've ignored my post that I very nicely provided for you, so is this a sign of consent on your behalf?

That seems pretty cut-and-dry to me. It's confirmed that Sidious is the most powerful of Bane's lineage, which Lightsnake was trying to tell you all along. As for your assertion that this only speaks of his intellect and not his skills as a Force user, perhaps you conveniantly ignored the quote: "equipped with the strengths of the dark side of the Force, as well as an enormous wealth of Sith artifacts, equipment, and knowledge."

That does not speak of intellect. As for your subsequent quote from the Dark Side Sourcebook:

"Perhaps the best weapon in his arsenal was his keen understanding of galactic politics, and his seemingly unlimited ability to engineer situations that ultimately served to further empower the Sith."

What's your point, exactly? It's simply saying that Sidious's intellect and his skills as a manipulator were the "best weapons in his arsenal", which isn't exactly untrue, considering how it was with his intellect that he crushed the Jedi, toppled the Republic, and conquered the galaxy. That isn't to say that his power was limited only to his intelligence, and it is foolish of you to even imply that.

So, exactly, how can his "power" be construed as just insofar as to his brains? Especially when you have the quotes provided from the novelization and Labyrinth of Evil.

*cough*pwned*cough*

Sexyback
Originally posted by Gideon
Planet, do you suffer from the online disease called "selective reading"? Your most recent interpretations haven't really reinforced that "extreme debating" skill that you so arrogantly claim to possess.

laughing This ought to be fun.

? What post are you talking about?

To you, Sidious fanboy #2.

Power is ambiguous, that's why we refer to context. As usual, Lightsnake never provided the actual quote, now that he has, it's easy to see that there's so much more to it than was originally said.

Mr Strawman, is that you? I was waiting for you, I knew you'd come. Please, point out where I said it only speaks of his intellect. 'Cause I recall saying 'power in this sense doesn't mean purely combat prowess, it's a combination of different aspects of power'. Nice try anyway.

You really can't see my point? Reading comprehension, much? My point was that given 'power' is ambiguous, and under the same passage that Sidious is described as powerful, his weapons include his intellect and political knowledge, it's pretty clear that power in this sense isn't purely related to combat, but to a bunch of things including his intellect. Therefor, that quote alone doesn't prove that he was more powerful than Bane, in the sense of pure combat prowess, as there are non combat related attributes used to factor in on his power.

Point out where I implied it.

Just? No no, that's not what I said, read again boy.

How about you provide them. smile

Darth Sexy
And the idiot strikes again!

Kadesh
Originally posted by Sexyback
To you, sidious fanboy #2

For once i agree with the captain on this one.. (painfully)

Sexyback
Painfully? stick out tongue

Darth Sexy
Lol...How is Escape a fanboy when he can justify everything he's said logically, and you can't?

Kadesh
Lol...How is Escape a fanboy when he can justify everything he's said logically, and you can't? Well i dont like it when he assumes superiority and attempting to judge other people as and when he likes, Its extremely annoying, Its like he thinks he is the authority around here (no offence) Other than that theres nothing else, im talking about escape so Captain planet, dont flame me for that.

If you want to prove palpatine being the so called most powerful gideon then i suggest you use the NEC as a refrence or use the star wars databanks wich already states he is the strongest sith.

Gideon
There's a post on page 6 of this thread that remains unanswered.

Lmao. Oh, yes, so original. Throwing out the "fanboy" moniker? Please. By that logic, you're a Darth Bane and Darth Revan fanboy, and as bad as they've come. Having been here longer than you, I've seen a lot on KMC. You're among the worst.

Power is ambiguous? Perhaps to the coalition of people who still believe that "Sidious is the weakest Sith" and "Ragnos can WTFpwn everyone at the same time". Really, the only time I hear that power is ambiguous is when it applies to Sidious. Then the accepted view of it translating to Force power simply fades away, and it all gets murky.

"It then goes on to say,
'Perhaps the best weapon in his arsenal was his keen understanding of galactic politics, and his seemingly unlimited ability to engineer situations that ultimately served to further empower the sith',
so power in this context most likely is inclusive of political power. That statement doesn't definitely prove that DE Sidious is more powerful (in terms of combat prowess) than Bane."

This is where things get interesting. My point for this quote is not that it is the one indicating that he is stronger than Bane. It does prove that he is the most powerful of Bane's lineage, and one could deduce that given the structure of the sentence itself, that it is implying that he is more powerful than Bane.

Put two-and-two together, Planet. That same quote that Advent provided states that he was "equipped with the strengths of the dark side of the Force", making an obvious reference to his strength in the Force.

It does not mean, nor imply, that Sidious's power derives mainly from his political skills. All it said was that the best weapon in his arsenal was his intellect. Like I said, which one did he use to conquer the Republic? His Force powers or his intellect? Answer: his intellect - which explains why the Dark Side Sourcebook would say that, given that his primary function is not a fighter (Maul and Vader are his "muscle", so to speak), but a schemer.

That said, there is no reason that the Dark Side Sourcebook was crediting Sidious's power mainly to or only to his intellect. It makes zero sense.

"a bunch of things"? Would that be, perhaps, "the strengths of the dark side" that the sourcebook said that he was equipped with?

How about you remember that I already have? wink

Sexyback
Well there's nothing there worth answering since you brought up the same points in the post that I did respond to.

You can whine all you want, but given how the term is used, it is ambiguous.

Is your reading comp this bad? Key word = inclusive, that does not indicate that I believe that his power mainly consists of his intellect, just to some degree.

Seriously Escape...

The passage states that Sidious was the most powerful of that lineage, and it then goes on to explain his weapons, which include combat related weapons and intellect related weapons. The coupling along of both intellect and combat prowess in this context indicates that power in this sense includes all aspects of power; combat, intelligence, political etc.

And can you please stop making it out as if I said 'mainly', I only ever said 'partially', quit making shit up.

I never said 'mainly', quit making shit up.

Yes, as well as 'perhaps the greatest weapon in his arsenal'. As I said before, power is clearly inclusive of more than just combat related power, given the labelling of his intellect as a 'weapon'.

I never saw them, do it again.

xxXAcStylesXxx
Um you do get that that makes him stronger then Bane right...and Yoda is equal to Sidious so by transitive property Yoda is stronger then Bane, thus making this topic over. Just making sure you know what your arguing.

General Kenobl
Let me guess, it was Planet who posted that, right? LOL, I said the same thing about the transitive property but again his stubborness got in the way.

xxXAcStylesXxx
You know your sig would look much better if you had Kenobi lobing someones head off then having it say "The Negotiator"

Sexyback
Originally posted by xxXAcStylesXxx
Um you do get that that makes him stronger then Bane right...

Power in this sense isn't purely combat prowess, so in this type of scenario, no it doesn't.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by xxXAcStylesXxx
You know your sig would look much better if you had Kenobi lobing someones head off then having it say "The Negotiator"

LMAO, thats pretty good laughing out loud

Lightsnake
I love how Planet just struggles for excuses, even when the evidence is right in his face

Sexyback
Dude, until you can prove that power in this context is purely related to combat prowess, the evidence is not right in my face. The fact is, at the same time as he is labelled as the most powerful, his intellect related attributes are listed as some of his weapons, so power in this context is clearly inclusive of all aspects of power, not just the combat related attributes, but intellect related attributes too. This is obvious, to deny it is showing extreme bias.

Lightsnake
Sure: In Star Wars, that's always how it's used.
Kthxbai.

General Kenobl
LOL, couldn't find some good Kenobi pictures. Gannon made my siggy out of this picture:

http://tn3-2.deviantart.com/fs6/300W/i/2005/098/5/3/Ragelions_General_Kenobi_by_dcjosh.jpg

And I like having the Title the Negotiator.

Sexyback
Sure: In Star Wars, that's always how it's used.
Kthxbai.

Hold up, so you're gonna disregard the fact that power is ambiguous because this is SW? Ok...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.