Screw You Thor! You're no Thunderstrike.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Howard_Jones
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g319/Bigjaystudd/Thor490-16.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g319/Bigjaystudd/Thor490-17.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g319/Bigjaystudd/Thor490-18.jpg

Found that kinda interesting.

Scoobless
Thunderstrike = what a hero should be ... pity his comic got a little crappy and was cancelled.

Howard_Jones
I liked his comic. Thought it was a fun read, to be honest.

DigiMark007
Um, intersting and all, but was this really worth a new thread?

Scoobless
Originally posted by DigiMark007

Thunderstrike wouldn't complain if someone made a thread about you ... that's because he was a true hero and not some fascist mod who abuses his power to stomp on the little people!

miffed

stick out tongue

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by DigiMark007

Yes, actually. I'm wanting to spark a discussion about Thunderstrike, Thor, who was the better Thor, and bring about the question of what truly makes a hero heroic, and if one type of hero is better than the other.

DigiMark007
Ah.. Fair enough then. The title makes it seem a bit less profound than that. But it's cool...I wasn't threatening to close this or anything.

wink

Howard_Jones
Alrighty. Speaking of the subject, am I wrong in saying that Masterson was a better Thor than, well, Thor? I mean, he seemed to always give benefit of the doubt, and even talked Juggernaut down.

long pig
Juggernaut treated him like a kid. He basically gave him a massive break.

One thing that was weird, how did getting the blood axe turn him into a being more powerful than Seth? Doesn't make sense.

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by long pig
Juggernaut treated him like a kid. He basically gave him a massive break.

One thing that was weird, how did getting the blood axe turn him into a being more powerful than Seth? Doesn't make sense.

It's Executioner's axe. It would almost be parallel to picking up Mjolnir and the Thunderstrike mace at the same time. Executioner was damn powerful, and so was Bloodaxe.

long pig
Yeah, but Seth powerful? Seth is supposed to be so far beyond people like Thor and such that he's usually written slightly abstract. But, friggin' Thunder whipps his ass like no tomorrow.

Hell, I liked the storyline, it was just odd. That whole damn series was odd.

Howard_Jones
That was half the fun of it though. I kinda saw him gaining that much power akin to showing the mace was a lot more powerful than people expected.

King Kandy
Thunderstrike made Thor insane...

Scoobless
Masterson was less prone to violent outbursts than Thor ... but when you really needed the shit beaten out of someone there was no comparison.

Bald Bugger
He doesn't deserve a discussion thread. Lest drown this one.

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by Bald Bugger
He doesn't deserve a discussion thread. Lest drown this one. .

Masterson punked Gladiator, and was an awesome hero.

People just give him no respect. sad

Bald Bugger
He was no hero.

Scoobless
Thunderstrike was the greatest hero ever you bald bugger.

Bald Bugger
How dare you, you.....

Screw it he sucks.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Bald Bugger
How dare you, you.....

Screw it he sucks.
And why does he suck?

Why?

willRules
Because Bald Bugger said so yes

Scoobless
Everyone knows that a great hero needs to have heart.

Thunderstrike's heart >Thor's heart >>>>>>>>>>>>> Flash's heart

yes

Howard_Jones
Amen. big grin

Bald Bugger
Originally posted by willRules
Because Bald Bugger said so yes You are very wise my friend. cool

King Castle
Thunderstrike deserved to live and grow in potential he reminded me of a grounded Clark Kent who just came into his power back when his stories were more interesting and had substance. i didnt like that he had to relearn his powers and was kinda goofy but aside from that he was what a Hero should be and aspire to be.

he cared he didnt believe in violence he tried to talk and figure out another way... it was guys like superman was all about back in the day and reason why he get suckered punch and look like a goober caught in compromising situations b/c in marvel a guy like supes who is so optimistic would come off just like Masterson..

Martian_mind
Thunderstrike was shit.

He just benefits from the Steve Irwin effect. He died and now people look back on him with rose-coloured glasses, when in reality his comics were poorly written lumps of turd, and his character design makes War from Darksiders look sensible.

Rage.Of.Olympus
That's coming from a Wonder Man/Martian Manhunter fan. baka

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
That's coming from a Wonder Man/Martian Manhunter fan. baka

When they're so dull they need to be killed off permanetly, let me know.

Thunderstrike was an abomination of the 90's, that's why he was left there.

(The horrendous mini currently running not withstanding)

King Castle
you my friend have some serious anger management issues..

TS design reflected the decade when written same for the leotards and outside underwear design that many heroes sport.

i personally liked eric prior to his thunderstrike personal when he was still thor and was the main reason why i stuck with him in his own series..

i wont lie i didnt like how delfalco wrote him in his series it felt like a kick in the gut but the character still had so much potential to build on which is what made me keep buying and collecting his comics

roughrider
Meh...I'm okay with limiting the number of Thor clones. Thor having Beta Ray Bill and Tarene is fine. Thunderstrike...whatever.
Maybe if he's not being written by Tom DeFalco, he can be better.

King Castle
thor clones:

Red norvell
Drago ktor
BRB
Thunderstrike(father&son)
Thor girl
Throg
Thorpool

i am sure i am missing some perhaps thor's son from when he took over earth.

also wanna thank beta ray howard and thunderstrike for the help in helping me put together some scans of TS.

there were a lot of heroes that should have stayed dead and even had their death be absolute to keep them from returning and even then they are ignored and brought back anyways..

Thunderstrike should have bn brought back especially when guys like Cap, Buck, Thor, Green Goblin, colossus and host of others death's have bn ignored when made clear that they are dead and in the after life.

if they are gonna ignore and retcon the death allowing for some exception it should have bn done for TS...

Bentley
Well, since TS doesn't appear in the Death Avengers mini its safe to assume he ain't truly death. In the rooster of the DA you don't even find Wasp since she was obviously getting revived soon.

King Castle
remember he and a host of others were brought back to life temporarily?

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel//universe3zx/images/thumb/3/31/LegionOfTheUnliving442.jpg/406px-LegionOfTheUnliving442.jpg

even then it doesnt mean a damn thing as for him being dead seeing as hell Cap was dead in the after life thor spoke to him and didnt want to return and yet he came back anyways..

-K-M-
I wonder if that was the Skrull Mockingbird that was revived then.

King Castle
if writers can ignore this

http://asylums.insanejournal.com/scans_daily/398626.html?mode=reply

and bring back Cap they should have allowed TS the same since more crappy characters who are fodder have returned.. why not him.. at the very least there should be a shared memory with thunderstrike(mace) with Kevin a kinda shazam Captain Marvel alter ego share with billy..

make the line murky for kevin and Eric when transformed into thunderstrike.. kinda how the bloodaxe effected the possessor and influenced them.. Thunderstrike should have a similar benign effect.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -K-M-
I wonder if that was the Skrull Mockingbird that was revived then.

Same here.

King Castle
was this also a skrull cap?

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh78/ColonelGreen/Thor4-3.jpg

Bentley
Originally posted by King Castle
was this also a skrull cap?

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh78/ColonelGreen/Thor4-3.jpg

Time stranded Cap shifty

SamZED
Can someone explain this whole Cap's death/time stranded or whatever bullsh!t? He's been shot and bled to death, his body was examined even. That's what I know. How did he come back?

King Castle
apparently it was an omega sanction death from DS.. the bullet was actually Apokoliptian technology.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.