Hannibal Rising

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deathbycorn
http://img.stopklatka.pl/wydarzenia/34000/34500/34543-01.jpg

This is the story of the monster Hannibal Lecter's formative years. These experiences as a child and young adult led to his remarkable contribution to the fields of medicine, music, painting and forensics. We begin in World War II at the medieval castle in Lithuania built by Dr. Lecter's forebear, Hannibal the Grim. The child Hannibal survives the horrors of the Eastern Front and escapes the grim Soviet aftermath to find refuge in France with the widow of his uncle, mysterious and beautiful Japanese descended from Lady Murasaki Shikibu, author of the Tale of Genji. Her kind and wise attentions help him understand his unbearable recollections of the war. Remembering, he finds the means to visit the outlaw predators that changed him forever as they battened on helpless during the collapse of the Eastern Front. Hannibal helps these war criminals toward self-knowledge even as we see his own nature become clear to him.

Trailer : http://www.tobis.de/home/site_scripts/filmseite.php?id=101

Leathergien
I heard about this like a week ago i cant wait, i love the hannibal lecter series it was AWESOME!

Mider999
when they gonna show us a trailer

deathbycorn
Originally posted by Mider999
when they gonna show us a trailer
Use firefox and download the firefox video downloader.

Open up the trailer link and in the bottom right hand corner of your broswer the video downloader is there, press it and you will have the Hannibal Rising trailer.

It's looks pretty damn good.

Mider999
thanks very helpful

deathbycorn
English Trailer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZAXMVyefTk

Mider999
so did anyone like this movie my fav reviewer said it was ok for what it was which was basically a horrific revenge story

vintageSW77
it was shit

pumas79
havent seen the film yet but have read the book and hopefully in the film they have managed to get across the same sort out things,
the things that influenced him when he was younger, his experiences, the story about him and his sister which i dont think has been mentioned in any of the films so it will explain a lot to those who have just seen the films.
also i have been told that the actor playing the younger him is bloody brill and he was cast because he actually looked like he could kill someone.

vintageSW77
why do we have to have a backstory movie for everyone

what happened to a bit of mystery

MildPossession
It's suppose to be awful, think it will be another dvd wait for me.

deathbycorn
Nah, it's decent.

soin2cal
The Hannibal was so boring for me!
However this looks great! I saw a recent commercial of this and it really does look fabbig grin

-hh-
I thought Silence of the Lambs, Red Dragon, Manhunter were great. Hannibal wasn't too impressive but still interesting. I haven't seen this yet. Not too excited though.

pumas79
hannibal was ok but they screwed around with the ending so much it pissed me off, what happens in the film isnt anything remotely like what that happened in the book which was a way better ending,

Wolfie
I wasn't expecting much from Hannibal Rising but it wasn't bad. I enjoyed it.

soin2cal
Originally posted by deathbycorn
English Trailer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZAXMVyefTk
Hmm yea, its only going to be in englishlaughing out loud

roughrider
I saw it, and I'm undecided as to how much I liked it. Coming off reading the book a month earlier, I found myself comparing too much what was on screen to what was on the page (and what wasn't.) They made subtle changes to leave it more open-ended too; prior to the opening, Dino De Laurentiis made headlines about wanting to do more young Hannibal stories. If you read the book, Thomas Harris ties up everything neatly to how he begins spending his residency at John Hopkins in Baltimore - De Laurentiis wants to spend more time on his relationship with Lady Murasaki; hence, another film. This is being greedy.
Still, I'm curious enough to watch the film again, to get the associations out of my head. I had the same problem watching Red Dragon the first time, comparing every scene to Manhunter, but eventually I was won over.

soin2cal
Originally posted by -hh-
I thought Silence of the Lambs, Red Dragon, Manhunter were great. Hannibal wasn't too impressive but still interesting. I haven't seen this yet. Not too excited though.
There was just not enough go in the silence of the lambs! very dissapointing!

DeNiro
silence of the lambs= awesome
hanabial=kinda shitty
red dragon=awesome
hanaibal rising=havent seen it yet but looking forward to it just sad that hopkins wont be in it or is he?

ShoLeigh84
It'll be disappointing if Anthony Hopkins isn't in it, he made the other film what they are. I loved Silence of the Lambs, the book was great too, it was one of the first films of this genre I saw (I was about eight when I saw it I think). The second one wasn't as good, but I still found it enjoyable cos Hopkins is awesome! Red Dragon was cool but the cop guy (Edward Norton?) in it creeps me out for some reason! I would have been quite happy if he'd got killed or eaten or whatever! evil face
Can't wait to see the new one anyway! big grin

DeNiro
Originally posted by ShoLeigh84
It'll be disappointing if Anthony Hopkins isn't in it, he made the other film what they are. I loved Silence of the Lambs, the book was great too, it was one of the first films of this genre I saw (I was about eight when I saw it I think). The second one wasn't as good, but I still found it enjoyable cos Hopkins is awesome! Red Dragon was cool but the cop guy (Edward Norton?) in it creeps me out for some reason! I would have been quite happy if he'd got killed or eaten or whatever! evil face
Can't wait to see the new one anyway! big grin

Yea i also read the book the book was great and had alot of parts in it that were not in the movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.