Darth Bane vs. Exar Kun

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Godzilla
Two of the greatest of the ancient Sith face off on the Bespin landing platforms (basically Kamino w/o the rain). Who wins?
Round 1- Force
Round 2- Lightsaber
Round 3- Overall

Both at their peaks. Bane does not have orbalisks.

darthsith19
Tsk, tsk, you should have given Bane his Orbalisks to make it more even.
1. Exar wins. Amulent blasts.
2. Exar wins. Bane is pretty good with a saber but wasn't quite as good as Kas'im was. Kun was a saber prodigy, the best of his time, he invented the double-bladed saber and all. It wouldn't be easy but he'd definately take Bane.
3. Kun wins. Amulent blasts.

Bane with orbalisks would win in category 2 at least...

Darth Sexy
Exar Kun is above Bane in raw force abilities, and above and beyond Bane in saber combat. I'd say he wins all the rounds. Even with the orbalisks, I doubt Bane could handle Kun

darthsith19
With Orbalisks I'd say Bane would probably win in saber combat.

Lightsnake
Originally posted by darthsith19
Tsk, tsk, you should have given Bane his Orbalisks to make it more even.
1. Exar wins. Amulent blasts.
2. Exar wins. Bane is pretty good with a saber but wasn't quite as good as Kas'im was. Kun was a saber prodigy, the best of his time, he invented the double-bladed saber and all. It wouldn't be easy but he'd definately take Bane.
3. Kun wins. Amulent blasts.

Bane with orbalisks would win in category 2 at least...

Aw, for God's sake....where the hell did the Exar fanboyism come from?
1. Exar doesn't USE THE GODDAMN AMULETS most of the time, and Bane's displayed abilities comparable without them.
2. He was good enough when Kas'im wasn'tm using JAr'Kai....btw, Kas'im was a better saber duelist than Exar.
3. here we go again..

darthsith19
Good god! I assume that if Exar is losing he will use the amulents! No need to blow up, damn!

Lightsnake
In a close quarters confrontation, he'll have time? What makes you think the ability to erect shields of the force won't deflect the damned thing, especially when Bane had access to more knowledge than Exar did? What's to stop Bane from flinging a massive blast at Exar which can crush him on spot?

Darth Sexy
Since when did Bane have more access? Bane learned from Revan's holocrons, Kun learned from Nadd's spirit and Sadow's work. I'd say Kun had a lot more knowledge.

Lightsnake
Bane got a lot after that...not to mention Korriban.
Kun learned zilch from Nadd's spirit....holocrons are the top source of knowledge. Always have been

Darth Sexy
Who are you to say he learned nothing from Nadd? He had Nadd and Sadow. Of course I'd give the quality of teachings to Bane, but Kun had more force knowledge and abilities.

Lightsnake
Since when did he have more knowledge? Bane had two holocrons at the very least. Kun had Sadow's work which he studied for a grand total of six months....less, actually.

And he learned NOTHING from Nadd...Nadd led him to Korriban, had him embrace the Dark Side, led him to Yavin, where Kun destroyed him before starting his study

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Since when did he have more knowledge? Bane had two holocrons at the very least. Kun had Sadow's work which he studied for a grand total of six months....less, actually.

And he learned NOTHING from Nadd...Nadd led him to Korriban, had him embrace the Dark Side, led him to Yavin, where Kun destroyed him before starting his study

Two holocrons? Since when? How much did Bane study total? Oh that's right, we don't know.

Lightsnake
In Bane of the Sith? He fines a second holocron....just look at the promo picture, he's holding it there

Darth Sexy
How canon is BOTS, and doesn't Wikipedia state that he found I guess Revan's holocron on DXUN in BOTS, so wouldn't that be a contradiction.

Lightsnake
Ok, BOTS is well enough canon.

And what've I told you about Wiki? In PoD, he found Revan's on Lehon....BOTS was written well, well before PoD....

Kadesh
a retcon has been established so that might mean that BOTS got refuted because it contradicts the Pod, By the way, you are a exar hater arent you?

Lightsnake
Since when was BOTS retconned whatsoever? NEC fixex any issues before PoD even came out

Kadesh
Well they did say bane learnt to rule of 2 on Dxun at nadds tomb, until Fandboy drew Wrote the book about POD that gave all of banes credit to revan stating that bane learnt the rule of 2 from revan,

Its a major contradiction because already 1 master and 1 apprentice existed long before revans time, nadd and sadow? nadd and kun? The NEC proved that, so i hope POD gets refuted and the credit goes to bane, not revan

Dont get me wrong lightsnake but im not happy about this retconned thing too

((The_Anomaly))
I'm an Exar hater, he's on of the worst AND overhyped people ever in Star Wars. I get so sick of hearing "teh amulet blasts!!111" that when I do I usually leave the thread, meaning I usually don't even come into "Exar Kun vs someone" threads because Exars l33t amulet blasts are the worst cop out ever and someone always mentions it, so I just dont bother. Kun is just a bad character all together IMO, hell I even like Revan more then Kun, and I don't much like Revan.

The Planet
Bane wins all three.

1. Exar's amulet blasts can be blocked with a force shield, and Bane could probably dodge them given that he was noted to be able to move faster than the eye can see. Bane is far stronger in the force, and has better knowledge at his disposal.

2. Kun did what with a saber? Wow, he beat his wooden staff wielding Master who was holding back. Doesn't quite compare to defeating Kas'im now, does it?

3. Bane for reasons stated above.

Kadesh
since when a shield can block a amulet blast? and who the f*uck ever said bane could move faster than the eye can see?
And better knowledge of the force? i dont think so, Kun could create the globe which drained massassi children to make his powers far even stronger. And lets not forget that he killed a jedi as a spirit and doesnt spirits weaken after tine? even kevin J anderson noted that exar kun is more powerful that ragnos

And by the way bane killed kasim when he crushed the temple, he did not and could not kill kasim,

"But to address the actual point: does this somehow mean that it won't have an effect? We've seen the blasts manifest themselves tangibly as energy, we've also seen those very same blasts (from Kun) utterly demolish everything they've came into contact with. From a Sith Wyrm, to solid temple rock, and even disintegrate Massassi (who are force users; even if primitive)." from advent

Lightsnake
Since hwen has that damn blast been used to ANY great extent?

and I'm sorry, was ever said to move with above average speed at all?

And Bane gave the best saber fighter alive a huge fight. And oh, my! Exar stronger than an unknown, big deal.

BTW, so many blatant falsehoodds in that statement.

Kadesh
Well that blast destroyed parts of the temple, obilerated everything in its path and ask yourself, was there a large threat enough for exar to use his amulet on? Its the same thing when i asked you, why didnt palpatine used spear of midnight black, and you gave the same answer

Lightsnake
Sure: The Jedi at the end.

Kadesh
Thousands of them? in warships? in the sky?

Darth Sexy
Since hwen has that damn blast been used to ANY great extent?

and I'm sorry, was ever said to move with above average speed at all?

And Bane gave the best saber fighter alive a huge fight. And oh, my! Exar stronger than an unknown, big deal.

BTW, so many blatant falsehoodds in that statement.

Lightsnake, do you completely lose your ability to debate when it becomes evident you hate a character? Try being objective for once because you sound like an immature child with posts like that one.

And in any manner, Bane gave the best lightsaber fighter a huge fight because he KNEW all of his moves backwards and forwards. Forgot that one conveniently did you? Think Obiwan and Anakin. I also find it funny when you call Kas'im the best lightsaber duelist when it pertains to the likes of Exar Kun, or anybody else you don't like. When there's an argument with Yoda, or Mace, or anyone from the PT, Kas'im is somehow NOT the best duelist.. Interesting lightsnake, I think you put forth way too much of your time into this.

Lightsnake
Oh, right....and Exar was described as a master swordsman only? how does this put him of Kas'im? At least Mace and Yoda have things going for them.
The PT was also the top age of saber fighting, in case you've forgotten.

Oh, and Exar wasn't alone on Yavin: There was him, the Brotherhood and the Krath, the Massassi race-millions- and Kun's alchemical creations, inluding Terentateks where one alone could take several Jedi to defeat

Darth Sexy
Oh, right....and Exar was described as a master swordsman only? how does this put him of Kas'im? At least Mace and Yoda have things going for them.
The PT was also the top age of saber fighting, in case you've forgotten.
That's irrelevant when we're discussing 3 individuals. Now you're just trying to descredit Kun.. Nice job.

Uh... Ok?

Lightsnake
The latter part of that was to Kadesh.
And is Kun not the subject as hand?

Darth_Glentract
I can't see Bane winning this. I don't know how strong he is in BOTS, but as of his peak in PoD, he's not as strong as Exar in my opinion. He's most impressive feat is destroying the Temple on Lehon, which isn't very large according to the dimensions given in PoD. Destroying the Temple took him an extended period of time to build up enough Force energy and left him exausted afterwards. He's just not strong enough to down Exar.

Lightsnake
Yeah, we know, Exar is godly, exar owns, Exar rules....
Oh, and when did it take a long time to build up the enery? He did it in the time it took Kas'im to say two sentences. What's Exar done? Oh, lord! He fired a blast!

The Planet
I agree, but by BotS, he definitely is. He pulls a fricking moon out of orbit.

Only about 20 seconds.

His epic duel with Kas'im played a part in that too.

Darth_Glentract
Yeah, we know, Exar is godly, exar owns, Exar rules....
Oh, and when did it take a long time to build up the enery? He did it in the time it took Kas'im to say two sentences. What's Exar done? Oh, lord! He fired a blast!

In a fight, three seconds is a long time. Dooku took out Obi-wan in less than 20 seconds in ROTS. Those sentences took, what, probably 10 or 12 seconds to say at least. That's almost half as long as the entire ROTS fight I just described. He won't even get close to that amount of time to build up energy.

I agree, but by BotS, he definitely is. He pulls a fricking moon out of orbit.

May I ask what moon?

Well only a portion of the attack actually affected the temple, most of it was directed at Kas'im. And the temple was described as 20 stories high IIRC, that's pretty high.

PoD states that it's "slightly under 20 meters tall" that's not very large. The Massassi Temples, for instance, are easily twice that.

Only about 20 seconds.

That's longer than it took Dooku to defeat Obi-wan. He won't get half that long before an amulet blast kills him.

His epic duel with Kas'im played a part in that too.

It had some effect, yes, but the majority of the exhaustion seems to have come from his final force attack.

The Planet
Dxun, IIRC.

Oops, mixed up 'meters' and 'stories'.

Yes, but it may have only taken him that long because he was fatigued from his duel with Kas'im, and pretty beat.

Darth_Glentract
Dxun, IIRC.

Why did he move the moon?

Oops, mixed up 'meters' and 'stories'.

No problem.

Yes, but it may have only taken him that long because he was fatigued from his duel with Kas'im, and pretty beat.

It may have contributed to the time, but even if it were half as long as you claim he would still never get a chance to pull something like that off.

Kadesh
].

Oh, and Exar wasn't alone on Yavin: There was him, the Brotherhood and the Krath, the Massassi race-millions- and Kun's alchemical creations, inluding Terentateks where one alone could take several Jedi to defeat wrong, it was just wxar kun and the massasi alone where the massassi do not have weapons and need i not point out the jedis were in warships to bombard the entire planet?

Lightsnake
Originally posted by Kadesh
wrong, it was just wxar kun and the massasi alone where the massassi do not have weapons and need i not point out the jedis were in warships to bombard the entire planet?

False: Kun's alchemical creations remained there till Yavin's cleansing.
And it's confirmed the Krath, Massassi and Brotherhood were there....the Brotherhood witnessed Kun's defeat on Yavin before later fleeing, where most died at the last battle of Empress Teta

Kadesh
Did i forget to say that they are bombarding the planet? And that they did not set foot on the ground?

Lightsnake
They were doing nothing of the sort at any point during that

Kadesh
But they were going to werent they? Why do you think they came in ships? it could be because he had the massassi army, but jedis can kill them easy, or they know that they cannot defeat him on a 1v1 match, Thats my opinion so dont bash me for that

Darth_Frost
Originally posted by The Planet
Bane wins all three.

1. Exar's amulet blasts can be blocked with a force shield, and Bane could probably dodge them given that he was noted to be able to move faster than the eye can see. Bane is far stronger in the force, and has better knowledge at his disposal.

2. Kun did what with a saber? Wow, he beat his wooden staff wielding Master who was holding back. Doesn't quite compare to defeating Kas'im now, does it?

3. Bane for reasons stated above.

Agree... Kun doesn't stand a chance...

Kadesh
Originally posted by Darth_Frost
Agree... Kun doesn't stand a chance...

Build up your own arguements man, do you even know who kun is?

Darth Sexy
Kun is the better lightsaber duelist but their force abilities are about the same.

The Planet
Prove it Sexy! Bane was as good as able to defeat Kas'im. Kas'im = Saber God. Exar Kun beat Vodo, while Vodo was holding back. Vodo = staff wielding jackass. Hmm...

Kadesh
since when vodo was holding back, and i thought bane killed kasim when he pummeled the temple, i havnt read the book yet, i was counting on what sexy and zephiel said

The Planet
Vodo states in Jedi Academy that he was holding back, read the books before coming out with pointless questions, Kadesh.

And we're talking sabers here, Bane as good as defeated him in round one (with a few advantages on his side), got destroyed in round 2 (when completely disadvantaged).

Darth Sexy
Prove it Sexy! Bane was as good as able to defeat Kas'im. Kas'im = Saber God. Exar Kun beat Vodo, while Vodo was holding back. Vodo = staff wielding jackass. Hmm...

Bane NEVER defeated Kas'im Captain Planet. Stop embarassing yourself by making shit up. Exar Kun was a saber prodigy, beat Vodo as a padawan, and developed his own saber and style. Bane was NOT a saber prodigy or anything of the sort. You lose once again.

The Planet
Stop twisting my words, I said 'as good as' defeated him.

Proof? Not denying it, but the fact that you seem to find it impossible to believe that Bane was, I want to see your proof for Kun being one.

The reason behind your choice of the word padawan is to emphasize how young and how little training Kun had, correct? Well Bane had less than three years of training when he virtually defeated Kas'im, logic points to Kun having trained for far longer.

And? This hardly speaks for his actual dueling ability, and considering he spent less than a year creating the saber and style, it most likely sucked bad.

The whole prodigy concept must have completely flown right over your head for you not to consider Bane one. It's funny how you consider Kun a prodigy, when he displayed less skill with far more training time, yet you don't consider Bane one. Nice logic...

Darth Sexy
Stop twisting my words, I said 'as good as' defeated him.
No, he wasn't, your opinion is irrelevant if it's contradictory to facts.

It was stated that Kun was a lightsaber prodigy. He had no equal during his life. Bane was NOT a lightsaber prodigy nor was the best with it, it was his force abilities he was known for.

You are too easy. A padawan is someone who is not yet a Jedi Knight or whatever. So when I say padawan I mean Padawan. Bane never nearly defeated Kas'im, and your logic fails when you realize that Bane knew all of Kas'im's moves, and still couldn't defeat him.

Your stupidity has gone over your head completely, so I won't bother remedying it. One more thing..

http://0wn3d.dk/owned/owned-fishy.jpg

The Planet
You seem to be confused here, the correct wording would be 'No, he didn't'.

This is the end of part 1 of the duel:

'The Blademaster became desperate. Leaping, spinning, ducking, rolling: he was wild and reckless in his retreat, seeking now only to escape with his life. But he didn't know the temple like Bane did. bane kept the routes to the outside cut off, slowly herding his opponent into a dead-end hallway.

Recognising what was happening, Kas'im blew open the heavy door of a side room with the force and dived inside. Bane knew there was no other exit, and he paused at the threshold of the room to savor his victory.

The Twi'lek stood in the center of the empty chamber, panting heavily, stooped ever so slightly, his head bowed. He looked up when Bane stepped through the doorway. But when his gaze met Bane's, there was no hint of defeat in his eyes.

"You should have finished me when you had the chance," he said.'

You were saying?

Where? This is a lie, spawned from IKC no doubt. Prove me wrong, if you can.

There was no Kas'im during his time. And prove that he was the best? Ulic was arguably better.

O RLY?

He was exceptional with both. It's also hinted that he was #2 of the BoD.

You're an idiot. Your choice of the word padawan was to emphasize how young and/or how little training he had when he 'beat' Vodo (I seem to recall him getting pwned first time round, and getting lucky the second time), I was just saying that Bane clearly had even less training than Kun did when he did as good as he did against Kas'im (and possibly younger, though there's no proof for this), so these feats point to Bane being more prodigious than Kun was.

Yes, he did.

1. His ability to understand the saber, and memorise the moves and sequences so quickly only speaks for his dueling ability, stop acting like it's some unfair advantage.

2. You're twisting the events. It was only in the first part of the duel, when Kas'im used his saberstaff that Bane had this luxury, and he did virtually defeat him, he definitely showed signs of superiority in that scenario at least.

3. Bane only actually lost when faced with a weapon he had hardly ever been up against, this was an unfair advantage, a huge one if we go by Kas'im's lectures earlier in the book.

Wow, you're very adept at copying Janus.

Darth Sexy
Just one more thing to add to your embarassment. It's funny how I constantly tell you how you're copying EOD, and your rebuttal includes telling me the exact same thing. Wonderful, you have resorted to the moronic "I know you are but what am I" defense. Bravo child.

The Planet
Wonderful rebuttal.

Darth Sexy
Ahhh, repeating everything I said. Impressive for a simple minded buffoon.

The Planet
Anyone can see that you got curbstomped, TD.

Darth Sexy
is that why everybody is making fun of you and your lack of intelligence and debating abilities? How does denial work exactly? Let me know .

Captain Planet
It's funny, there do seem to be a few haters out there; they're either dumb, envious, or have based their judgements off of what the dumb/envious people have said, methinks this is partly due to Escape's status on this forum, and not many people knowing how much of a snake he is.

Darth Sexy
Nobody is envious of you. The general consensus is that you're a prepubescent, unintelligent, obnoxious child who lacks any kind of debating skill. But I hear denial works for social outcasts.

Captain Planet
If that's true, I wonder what that makes you, considering I've made you look silly at every exchange of posts there has been between us.

And believe me, Escape is.

Darth Sexy
How have you made me look silly when I haven't had to put any effort into destroying your half assed arguments? Nevermind, it's that denial.

Gideon
Originally posted by Captain Planet
If that's true, I wonder what that makes you, considering I've made you look silly at every exchange of posts there has been between us.

And believe me, Escape is.

Lmao. stick out tongue

kamhal
"It was stated that Kun was a lightsaber prodigy. He had no equal during his life."

Ulic Quel-Droma rings a bell? I am not saying he was not good but when he fought Quel-Droma, before Ragnos showed up, the narrator said they were even.

My opinion, i think none of them have the advantage, they are pretty much equal to me...

Also, sorry to insist on this but, when it was stated exar kun>ragnos?

Captain Planet
LOL, you see Sexy, even others are seeing flaws in your argument.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by kamhal
"It was stated that Kun was a lightsaber prodigy. He had no equal during his life."

Ulic Quel-Droma rings a bell? I am not saying he was not good but when he fought Quel-Droma, before Ragnos showed up, the narrator said they were even.
He was not his equal at Exar Kun's peak. Which was when he developed his double blade.

No, when was that nonsense stated? Exar Kun is nowhere near Ragnos

Captain Planet
Proof? Logic would dictate that he would be at his peak when using the weapon and style he had been using for his entire life, like when against Ulic. The only reason his new staff and style would be more effective against Vodo is because Vodo had never been up against a saber staff before, that's why he used the staff against him, not because he was better with the staff.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Captain Planet
Proof? Logic would dictate that he would be at his peak when using the weapon and style he had been using for his entire life, like when against Ulic. The only reason his new staff and style would be more effective against Vodo is because Vodo had never been up against a saber staff before, that's why he used the staff against him, not because he was better with the staff.

Uh he beat Vodo with the normal fighting style and the double bladed style, what is your point? And no, a peak would be when he knows a form he's spent his whole life practicing+his new found knowledge of a new form that Ulic wouldn't be able to fight. Hence the advantage.

Captain Planet
My point is, while Kun was far more deadly against Vodo with his saber staff and new style, this is more a testament to the fact that the new saber and style was completely unfamiliar to Vodo, not because he was better with his new style, because logic dictates that he would be far better with a saber and style that he had been training with for his whole life.

Kadesh
Originally posted by kamhal

Also, sorry to insist on this but, when it was stated exar kun>ragnos? Kevin J anderson stated that

Darth Sexy
Kevin J anderson stated that

No, he didn't.

Gideon
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
No, he didn't.

He said that, in his opinion, the title of "most powerful Sith Lord" would be determined if Exar and Palpatine ever fought.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Gideon
He said that, in his opinion, the title of "most powerful Sith Lord" would be determined if Exar and Palpatine ever fought.

Does it include the ancient sith? There are so many problems with that statement. It would be illogical for him to put Exar Kun above Marka Ragnos. And it would certainly kind of dispute the statement about Sidious being the most powerful sith ever. That is a specific question I asked him a month ago, I'm still awaiting an answer.

Advent
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
It would be illogical for him to put Exar Kun above Marka Ragnos.

What makes it so far fetched to assume? Expand on what you mean, if you will. I'm not necessarily disagreeing, just wondering.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Advent
What makes it so far fetched to assume? Expand on what you mean, if you will. I'm not necessarily disagreeing, just wondering.

Marka Ragnos was the most powerful of the most powerful of the ancient sith, the apex of sith knowledge and power. Now Exar Kun learned not even a fraction of that power, whereas Sidious learned everything from that power and more, so it's very illogical to compare Exar Kun to Ragnos. VERY.

Brotz
1. They are even in force power. Bane is more aware of his surroundings, but Kun has much more raw power, which is amplified by the Amulet.

2. Exar Kun seems to have alot more mobility and confidence in victory than Bane does, and I can see Bane getting fatigued and losing.

3. Kun wins, if only barely.

Sexyback
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Why did he move the moon?

So he could bring Dxun and Onderon close enough so that he could fly on top of a beast from one to the other.

Most definitely not, but it still speaks loads for his raw power.

Kadesh
well that would be telekenesis at work, but didnt yoda mention "size matters not, the only difference is in your mind"?

Sexyback
well that would be telekinesis at work, but didnt yoda mention "size matters not, the only difference is in your mind"?

Whatever your point is, and whatever the lesson behind Yoda's words was, it requires more power to lift a heavier object via telekinesis than it does to lift a lighter one.

Kadesh
That according to yoda is in only in your mind, And he proved this is TESB. Thats how Luke took down an entire ATAT, because he remembered the words of master yoda according to the DE comic

By the way is there any proof that bane did really push dxun closer to onderon? Because wookie only said he planned to, and acstyles kept mentioning that there was nothing to prove that he did.

Captain planet if its ok you provide the quote, then we can confirm that its true he pushed a moon out of orbit

kamikz
If size didn't matter, then if I picked up a small rock that is barley an inch tall, and tossed it, Yoda is going to have as much difficult as lifting the thing that almost fell on Obi-Wan and Anakin in AOTC.
It was just to remove Luke's doubt, that's all. There is absolutley nothing that indicates that every jedi's force power has no bounds, because they have, or else we would see the scattered jedi of the universe tossing around planets and the death star!

Kadesh
Hmm got a point there

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.