Cyclops, Beast, and Colossus versus Wolverine, Storm, and Gambit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
no prep. which side wins, Cyclops or Wolverine?

SpunkySmurph
Cyclops >>> Storm
Beast <<< Wolverine
Colossus >>> Gambit

Colossus and Cyclops >>> Wolverine

Metalmanx
Team Red Eye wins.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Team Red Eye wins.

hmmm, why do you think Gambit's team wins?

Metalmanx
Originally posted by masterbruce
hmmm, why do you think Gambit's team wins?

Ah. My mistake I forgot about Gambit there. What I meant to say was Team Cyclops wins. (I meant that as "Team Red Eye"= Cyke's team, haha).

Entity
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Cyclops >>> Storm
Beast <<< Wolverine
Colossus >>> Gambit

Colossus and Cyclops >>> Wolverine

All but (Cyclops>>>Storm) I can agree with but, Cyclops could only take her down if he got lucky and blindsided her. IMO

Gotta go with the other team here so SWG team 7/10. IMO

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Entity
All but (Cyclops>>>Storm) I can agree with but, Cyclops could only take her down if he got lucky and blindsided her. IMO

Gotta go with the other team here so SWG team 7/10. IMO

I'll have to disagree. On the quick-draw, Cyke EASILY tops Storm. His power's speed >>>> her power's speed.

Hell, it's ENITRELY possible for Cyke to solo the other team. erm

Entity
I'll have to disagree. On the quick-draw, Cyke EASILY tops Storm. His power's speed >>>> her power's speed.

Hell, it's ENITRELY possible for Cyke to solo the other team. erm

Cyke could take Storm with a quick drawn if he just instantly fully opened up on her and she had like 0 time. However, there is no way he is taking either wolverine nor Colossus easily one on one let alone all at once.

He would have a hell of a time killing Wolverine!
Oh I believe he could do it if he was willing to kill him. I just think it would be harder than crap.
As for Pete, wouldn't he be pretty damn durable to Scott's blast?? Just asking cause I thought he definitely would be nearly almost immune to it. Unless it was like full unleashed power repeatedly but, by the time Scott pulled the second or third blast Colossus would spear his ass through a building. No???

xmarksthespot
Colossus is on his team. no expression

Entity
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Colossus is on his team. no expression

Opps... mybad!

pr1983
i gotta go with cyke's team (big surprise stick out tongue), cyke for me would take storm, and i dont think gambit or logan can take colossus, unless of course gambit charges logan up, making him explode next to colossus, sending shards of adamantium at ridiculous speeds at colossus...

other than that, cyke's team...

braz
yea, Cykes team takes it, mainly because of Colossus.

masterbruce
could gambit charge Colossus up?

pr1983
Originally posted by masterbruce
could gambit charge Colossus up?

i don't think so... cant gambit only charge inanimate objects? colossus' skin is organic steel...

braz
Originally posted by pr1983
i don't think so... cant gambit only charge inanimate objects? colossus' skin is organic steel...

yep.

Soljer
Cyclops kills Storm with a glance, Colossus can solo Gambit and Wolverine.

RisingStorm
I sense another Storm vs. Cyclops thread coming over the horizon. roll eyes (sarcastic)

But Cyclops' team wins. IMO, this is a little bit unbalanced.

Cyclops and Storm = heavy nukers
Beast and Wolvie = melee fighters
Colossus and Gambit = EH?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!

Colossus is a tank. There is no tank in Storm's team. And Storm is the only heavy nuker in this situation. If Gambit will stick to his cards, he has no chance in hell.

Plus, Gambit charging objects <<<< Cyclops' blast.

P.S. Can Colossus survive an all out blast from Scott?

And if Scott can go all-outtie, can Wolverine serve as a shield for Storm and Gambit? The only problem is he's pretty short to cover an entire body of the latters' heights.

Hah, you're blood is boiling. Glance? No. He has to focus to do this. It's only a matter of who strikes first you know. If he miss his first shot, he's fried.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by RisingStorm
Hah, you're blood is boiling. Glance? No. He has to focus to do this. It's only a matter of who strikes first you know. If he miss his first shot, he's fried.

No, he's pretty much right. A glance is all it takes. All he has to do is look at her. His visor opens PSIONICALLY now. So there's virtually no lag time.

Plus, he's not going to miss. no expression

Cyke's team wins.

StyleTime
Nope. He's charged trees and other organic material before. His power appears to be nulled on just living, human flesh regardless of what the narrative caption that appears everytime he uses his powers says.

That said, I don't think he could actually beat Colossus though. He might be able to escape....which would constitute a loss anyway....so yeah.

HandOfFate
His visor opens PSIONICALLY now. So there's virtually no lag

So when did that happen? confused

What If...
That's right....because Cyclops has never missed before roll eyes (sarcastic)

SpunkySmurph
Can we get an official ruling on whether Gambit can charge Colossus?

'Cause otherwise, the only defense Storm's team would have would be to toss him around with the winds.

Brian Oswald
No he cannot. Its organic material. Gambit cannot charge organic materials

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Brian Oswald
No he cannot. Its organic material. Gambit cannot charge organic materials He can't charge flesh (he can at full-power though). He's charged tree trunks and the like before, though. Which is organic.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by HandOfFate

I honestly don't know the exact period it happened, but I know it's been this way for some time now. I guess he just somehow became psionically attuned to it. It responds to his commands. Haven't you noticed that he doesn't even need to touch his visor anymore to blast?

And to answer the Colossus thing: While being organic steel, isn't it still technically flesh? At least, it's flesh in terms of that it's Colossus's flesh. Know what I mean?

RisingStorm
Originally posted by What If...

I agree. Cyclops not missing is like Logan never had a healing factor.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by RisingStorm
I agree. Cyclops not missing is like Logan never had a healing factor.

Can you show me more than...oh, I dunno...three scans of Cyke missing when he's REALLY trying to hit target?

Edit: Why am I even debating this? The match starts, Cyke shoots Storm. The end.

Unless Storm suddenly gained the Flash's powers, she's boned. Live with it.

xmarksthespot
He can flip a dime and shoot out the centre, knock all the balls on a pool table into the pockets with a single blast, disarm a roomful of people with a single blast, destroy a roomful of fastmoving vehicles with a single blast, tag a moving Northstar.. but yeah... he's going to miss now. no expression

Metalmanx
He can flip a dime and shoot out the centre, knock all the balls on a pool table into the pockets with a single blast, disarm a roomful of people with a single blast, destroy a roomful of fastmoving vehicles with a single blast, tag a moving Northstar.. but yeah... he's going to miss now. no expression

But, Xmarks! Don't you know? It's Storm! eek!

She might...ya know...sidestep, or something. It's pretty much un-counterable. Cyke REALLY doesn't stand a chance unfortunately. erm

xmarksthespot
She has dodged it before from a mind-controlled Cyclops or from a Cyclops who didn't really want to win. Even with the mind-controlled part factoring in, it's still bullshit.

Metalmanx
She has dodged it before from a mind-controlled Cyclops or from a Cyclops who didn't really want to win. Even with the mind-controlled part factoring in, it's still bullshit.

...But...but...the sidestep! sad

StyleTime
And to answer the Colossus thing: While being organic steel, isn't it still technically flesh? At least, it's flesh in terms of that it's Colossus's flesh. Know what I mean?
I doubt Gambit could charge it. He has sent a charge through someone's flesh before but pretty consistantly has trouble actually charging living, human flesh. Colossus's steel would probably be considered flesh by any writer, so yeah I do know what you mean.

However, it's a misconception that he can't charge anything organic. He's done it before guys. I don't feel like digging up a bunch of scans but here's one example involving him charging a tree branch.

http://aycu22.webshots.com/image/5861/2006176958188604088_th.jpg

pr1983
Originally posted by StyleTime
Nope. He's charged trees and other organic material before. His power appears to be nulled on just living, human flesh regardless of what the narrative caption that appears everytime he uses his powers says.

That said, I don't think he could actually beat Colossus though. He might be able to escape....which would constitute a loss anyway....so yeah.

then it depends on what kind of criteria colossus' skin falls under...

Originally posted by HandOfFate

in astonishing #1...

Originally posted by What If...

he's more accurate than anyone else on the battlefield...

zing! stick out tongue

StyleTime
then it depends on what kind of criteria colossus' skin falls under...
Yep. It's basically up to the writer.

xmarksthespot
The limitation on Gambit's power is probably something built into his character design to specifically avoid him blowing up people or other sentient living things. So I don't think he can charge Colossus.

pr1983
The limitation on Gambit's power is probably something built into his character design to specifically avoid him blowing up people or other sentient living things. So I don't think he can charge Colossus.

i can agree with that...

StyleTime
Probably so.

It's still annoying when the caption says he can charge only inorganic material despite him charging organic material all the time. It should just say "living, organic flesh". "Living" would not be redundant here because he has charged zombies before, so he can charge organic flesh.

DON'T BELIEVE THE LIES!!!

Grimm22
They all kill gambit

I win big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.