Castlevania POR

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Big Sexy
Just wondering is anybody beat it yet and what did they think. I'm still playing.

General Kaliero
It's out already? Dang...

I have to wait 'til Christmas. But hey, that's only another couple weeks away... *sigh*

*continues waiting*

Lana
It's been out since...December 4th I think? So not long.

General Kaliero
It had the coolest preorder package ever. Series soundtrack CD, artbook, series timeline, a bunch of pointless but still kinda cool DS accesory crap...

But that stuff ran out before my mom actually got around to looking for it online. sad

Anyone who got that stuff, I'd seriously consider buying it from you... HUGE Castlevania fan!

Big Sexy
Just beat it. Damn,I got the crappy ending. Anyone know how to battle Brauner?

Ushgarak
European release date = crappy AGAIN

BackFire
Hopefully will be getting it for Xmas, can't wait, love the hand held Castlevania games.

Kayne Archeron
i'm definately hoping someone's selling their pre-order bundle on EBay

InnerRise
Well when this game first came out for the DS(The first one that is) I wasn't interested but now I think I'm going to go ahead and get the first one and then get this one since they're suppose to be so good.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

General Kaliero
To understand Dawn of Sorrow, you'll probably want Aria of Sorrow for the GBA. The two are two halves of the same character's story.

Aria has become somewhat rare, though...

Big Sexy
Just beat it. Wow the last boss was an awesome fight. First time you fight Death and Dracula at the same time.

General Kaliero
Good god, man, use some spoiler tags. It's called common courtesy.

BackFire
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Just beat it. Wow the last boss was an awesome fight. First time you fight Death and Dracula at the same time.

Use spoilers next time.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by InnerRise
Well when this game first came out for the DS(The first one that is) I wasn't interested but now I think I'm going to go ahead and get the first one and then get this one since they're suppose to be so good.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Well, I'd never played Castlevania befiore and I am not very hot on platformers.

But Dawn of Sorrow has become my most played DS game- on a system I have found not at all short on good games.

It really did win me over very strongly.

BackFire
If you guys liked Dawn of Sorrow, may want to pick up the prior Gameboy Advance games. They're just as good, if not better.

Lana
See, I don't even LIKE Castlevania and am contemplating getting this. I might borrow Dawn of Sorrow from work first to see if I like it before spending the money, though.

BackFire
What were the Castlevania games you played, Lana?

Lana
Umm, whatever ones that are on NES. Granted, it was a long time ago I played them, but I never really cared for them at all. Partly just because of the storymatter - I'm not a fan of things relating to vampires in any way. That, and they simply bored me.

BackFire
Yeah... the new games are so much different, they have more of an RPG element now, you level up, get new armor and weapons and spells.

You might like the newer ones. The storyline...well, it's not usually at the front of the game.

BackFire
Got this game today, really liking it so far. The team element seems neat, and the graphics are improved. A definite must have for everyone with a DS.

Ushgarak
(grumbles)

dirkdirden
Getting it for the Cmas with my M3.

I love SOFT style of castlevaina, nothing better. cant wait to play it.

BackFire
Getting around to finishing this game finally. A very nice game. The team element is a refreshing change, and the explorable world, including the castle itself and the portraits is larger than any previous vania game.

But, it's not quite as challenging and engaging as Dawn of Sorrow and the GBA games. It's very linear in comparison.

Still, anyone who remotely enjoyed DOS needs to pick it up asap.

Lana
Well, I'm definitely very glad that I got this game as I'm currently completely obsessed with it. It's one of the very few games I've played where something can kill me ten times in a row and I'll still go back to try and kill it instead of getting fed up and quitting.

It's a very fun game.

BackFire
Yes, it's very good

If possible, you hould get Dawn of Sorrow, it's better and far more addicting.

Lana
I'm planning on picking that up this weekend if I can.

BackFire
Wonderful!

Lana
I just wish that PoR had a bit more to the wi-fi multiplayer...I don't think DoS has any wi-fi multiplayer to it. Kind of annoying.

BackFire
Never really did much of the multiplayer in either game.

Ushgarak
Oh, certainly the way forward, though clearly they had some technical issues.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.