Defenders and JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Malo
What if the JLA and the Defenders switched Earth Uniy's today..Would life on both earths getting any better, Stay the same or become was than what it was?

The Defendes:
Black Panther
Surfer
Dr.Strange
Storm
Hulk
Moondragon
Namor

The JLA:
Batman
Superman
G.L John
Wonder Woman
Manhunter
Flash
Aquaman

Stupid Rookie
Defenders largly based on Strange. But could go other way. JLA has more upper level guys than Def.

long pig
I disagree.

Batman is useless.
The only truely dangerous one is GL.

Flash gets blitzed by Surfer, Surferthen gaurds Strange, Strange stops time. Game over.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by long pig
I disagree.

Batman is useless.
The only truely dangerous one is GL.

Flash gets blitzed by Surfer, Surferthen gaurds Strange, Strange stops time. Game over.

Flash Gets blitz by surfer laughing laughing

Starhawk
Surfer can travel fast enough to go through time.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Starhawk

HOw many times has he done this? And how many times have we seen wally go so fast that he traversed time, dimensions, even Death. Surfer isn't speed blitzing wally.

Starhawk
He did it to prove a point to Nova about how even barren worlds can preduce life. He also did it another time to solve a mystery. He can do it any time. Flash is limited to the ground Surfer can speed blast him from the sky.

nvrbeenwthagirl
He did it to prove a point to Nova about how even barren worlds can preduce life. He also did it another time to solve a mystery. He can do it any time. Flash is limited to the ground Surfer can speed blast him from the sky. Like when flash raced death thru space until the end of time? Limited to the ground like that? Or when he was moving so fast the he took the jla into the future Thru space to thier future selves. So fast they they weren't even really solid, they had to like phase into thier own future bodies.

Starhawk
I know if the first thing with the Black Flash, can you provide scans of the others? And make sure it's canon storyline cause I will check.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I know if the first thing with the Black Flash, can you provide scans of the others? And make sure it's canon storyline cause I will check.

It's called the Rock of ages story line. Grant morrison and howard porter. Flash isn't really limited to the ground once he enters the speed force zone. he literally can run right off the planet.

Starhawk
Still Surfer can go fast enough to Tag him. And Dr Strange could cast a spell to cancel out the speed force.

Howard_Jones
Still Surfer can go fast enough to Tag him. And Dr Strange could cast a spell to cancel out the speed force.

Well, not quite. Just a time stop.

Either way, Surfer on his best day (by rules you have to take him at his best) could tag Flash, and keep him away from Strange.

Ichigo66666
Stranges shields stopped Galactus, he uses one of them. Surfer holds everyone off and Strange stops time.

DigiMark007

That's travel speed.

Reaction time in battle and travel speed are 2 very different things. For example: Spider-Man's in-battle reactions are faster than Firelord, but Firelord can travel through space while Spidey probably maxes out at running about 50 mph or so.

And no one, not even Surfer, is close to Flash in the former of those two (reaction time).

Bald Bugger
Um I don't think this is a fight. Is it ?

batdude123
Defenders

LordFear
Unless SS can take Superman and Flash together, then Defenders would win this because, realistically, Storm, Panther and Namor will not be any factor against Flash

Soljer
Originally posted by batdude123
Defenders

Co-signed.

The Surfer and Strange? Mmmm.

Mostly Strange.

But still. smile.

LordFear
Manhunter, Superman and GL?
those guys together are monsters. SS and Strange would need to fight all three of them simultaneously. I dunno.

Soljer
Originally posted by LordFear
Manhunter, Superman and GL?
those guys together are monsters. SS and Strange would need to fight all three of them simultaneously. I dunno.

Strange stops time and turns the JLA into tables.

LordFear
Originally posted by Soljer
Strange stops time and turns the JLA into tables.

Because in the Defenders comix, thats what he does. I see Strange in deep shit and needing help from SS or Hulk. The guy is not like that. He doesn't strut around with near unlimitless power. It takes time and the right incantations for him to pull that crap off. Trying to handl SS, MM AND GL, I don't see it

Soljer
Because in the Defenders comix, thats what he does. I see Strange in deep shit and needing help from SS or Hulk. The guy is not like that. He doesn't strut around with near unlimitless power. It takes time and the right incantations for him to pull that crap off. Trying to handl SS, MM AND GL, I don't see it

Strange respect thread. Strange makes time his *****, with RIDICULOUSLY casual ease.

Afterwards, he has all the time in the world to pull off complex incantations, or even go to his sanctum and get all his artifacts.

EDIT: And the Hulk? Haha, the Hulk is as much of a non factor in a fight like this as Batman is.

LordFear
Strange respect thread. Strange makes time his *****, with RIDICULOUSLY casual ease.

Afterwards, he has all the time in the world to pull off complex incantations, or even go to his sanctum and get all his artifacts.

EDIT: And the Hulk? Haha, the Hulk is as much of a non factor in a fight like this as Batman is.

HULK A NON FACTOR?
WHAT ARE YOU ON DRUGS?
Since when MM or Superman is not gonna crap their pants when greenboy is stomping their faces?
oh yeah don't tell me, MM can "mindrape" or "phase through him" and that's gonna beat him.

Soljer
HULK A NON FACTOR?
WHAT ARE YOU ON DRUGS?
Since when MM or Superman is not gonna crap their pants when greenboy is stomping their faces?
oh yeah don't tell me, MM can "mindrape" or "phase through him" and that's gonna beat him.

...Fanboy much?

Anyone on the JLA (except Batman, unless he's prepped) can solo the Hulk.

SpunkySmurph
Did anyone even read the original post...? erm

This isnt even a fight.

Soljer
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph

This isnt even a fight.

I read it; I just ignored it, since everyone else did as well.

LordFear
hULK IS THE WEANESS LINK ON THE TEAM RIGHT?
HAHHAHHA
forget it, WonderWoman and GL and Aquaman is gonna tear into him huh? 'Nuff said, thanx for the clarity

Soljer
hULK IS THE WEANESS LINK ON THE TEAM RIGHT?
HAHHAHHA
forget it, WonderWoman and GL and Aquaman is gonna tear into him huh? 'Nuff said, thanx for the clarity

I never said he was the weakest link - I said he was a non factor. Just like the Black Panther is a non factor, Storm is a non factor, and Namor is a non factor.

Pretty much ANY of the JLA can solo the Hulk, Tchalla, Ororo, and Namor.

LordFear
I never said he was the weakest link - I said he was a non factor. Just like the Black Panther is a non factor, Storm is a non factor, and Namor is a non factor.

"Pretty much any of the JLA can solo the Hulk"

Oh man, the day green pants doesn't get his street creds, has come. Well its a debate and well its your opinion and others in here.

Soljer
"Pretty much any of the JLA can solo the Hulk"

Oh man, the day green pants doesn't get his street creds, has come. Well its a debate and well its your opinion and others in here.

Tell me (save Batman) who cannot take the Hulk?

Enlighten me.

batdude123
GL is gonna tear into him huh?

Wait a minute... you actually believe Hulk would beat GL??!! no expression

laughing out loud laughing hysterical2

Yeah.... figures. roll eyes (sarcastic)

LordFear
Wait a minute... you actually believe Hulk would beat GL??!! no expression

laughing out loud laughing hysterical2

Yeah.... figures. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I have seen GL having a hard time dealing with Grundy on a few occasions. Oh of course it was not a GL comix so maybe people will argue that point. If Grundy at times is a handful, then what the hell is Hulk?

batdude123
I have seen GL having a hard time dealing with Grundy on a few occasions. Oh of course it was not a GL comix so maybe people will argue that point. If Grundy at times is a handful, then what the hell is Hulk?

Grundy at his very best is miles ahead of Hulk.

Soljer

A mere nuisance.

A mere nuisance that will get friggin OBLITERATED by a rookie Green Lantern, much less Kyle, Hal, John, Alan, Guy, Kilowog, Rond, Yalan, Mogo, etc.

LordFear

And judging by that statement it seems to me that you might, just might be implyng that Hulk is of the same league as Tchalla, Ororo and Namor!!!
Please tell me, please tell me that I am not reading thata right?

Soljer
And judging by that statement it seems to me that you might, just might be implyng that Hulk is of the same league as Tchalla, Ororo and Namor!!!
Please tell me, please tell me that I am not reading thata right?

Tchalla? Nah.

Ororo? Meh.

Namor? Well....yeah. no expression.

You still haven't answered my question - which of the JLA CAN'T take the Hulk?

LordFear
Tchalla? Nah.

Ororo? Meh.

Namor? Well....yeah. no expression.

You still haven't answered my question - which of the JLA CAN'T take the Hulk?

Sir you convince me that Aquaman, GL and WonderWoman individually will open a can of whoop ass on him.

Soljer
Sir you convince me that Aquaman, GL and WonderWoman individually will open a can of whoop ass on him.

Aquaman - Magic pimp hand. Nuff said.

Green Lantern - Do the words 'most powerful weapon in the universe' mean anything to you? How about 'anything you can imagine'?

WonderWoman - Speedblitz.

Convince me that any of these characters couldn't VERY EASILY solo the Hulk.

batdude123

If you think GL would even have an ounce of trouble with Hulk... then damn. no

LordFear
Aquaman - Magic pimp hand. Nuff said.

Green Lantern - Do the words 'most powerful weapon in the universe' mean anything to you? How about 'anything you can imagine'?

WonderWoman - Speedblitz.

Convince me that any of these characters couldn't VERY EASILY solo the Hulk.

Magic pimp hand!!! did he get an upgrade that I am not aware of?
WonderWoman speedblitz is gonna ko him despite his durability and virtual indestructible exterior?

Gl I agree that the ring itself is the most powerful, but it is as effective as its wielder and I think a helluva lot of juice, more than just one recharge is gonna take Hulk down if we suppose that GL can pull it off

LordFear
If you think GL would even have an ounce of trouble with Hulk... then damn. no

yeah this coming from "batdude"
That's like me asking Mickey Mouse, which animation studio is the best in the world?

Soljer
yeah this coming from "batdude"
That's like me asking Mickey Mouse, which animation studio is the best in the world?

And his INCREDIBLE bias is why he said the Defenders would win the match? confused

UniOmni
The JLA win.

And for the record, GL wouldn't treat Hulk as a non issue.

The General has seen to that.

Going by averages, Hulk would be a nightmare for the GL.

GL says something smart along the lines of " you're not strong enough to break my shielding, you ugly brute!".

Hulk hits his trademark line, and boom, chaos ensues.

Namor might not be the biggest factor, but he's not far behind WW in strength, and outpaces Aquaman in it by alot.

Taking the all at their highest showings, then yeah, the Defenders win.

Average showing?

The JLA.

Faceman
This is how i see it....

Dr. Strange v. G.L. John = Strange
Surfer v. Supes = Surfer
Moondragon v. Manhunter = Manhunter
Hulk v. Wonder Woman = W.W.
Namor v. Aquaman = Namor
Storm v. Flash = Flash
Black Panther v. Batman = ( who cares)

So then it becomes
Strange v. Manhunter = Strange
Surfer v. Flash = Surfer
Wonder Woman v. Namor = W.W

Strange and Surfer v. W.W. = W.W. JLA WINS!

Soljer
Originally posted by Faceman
This is how i see it....

Dr. Strange v. G.L. John = Strange
Surfer v. Supes = Surfer
Moondragon v. Manhunter = Manhunter
Hulk v. Wonder Woman = W.W.
Namor v. Aquaman = Namor
Storm v. Flash = Flash
Black Panther v. Batman = ( who cares)

So then it becomes
Strange v. Manhunter = Strange
Surfer v. Flash = Surfer
Wonder Woman v. Namor = W.W

Strange and Surfer v. W.W. = W.W. JLA WINS!

Or.....

Strange stops time and turns them all into tables.

Faceman
Or.....

Strange stops time and turns them all into tables. Think you could ask him to make a couple of chairs..?tabletalk

Soljer
Originally posted by Faceman
Think you could ask him to make a couple of chairs..?tabletalk

Wong may be able to persuade him.

xmarksthespot
Defenders, due to Surfer and Strange... and that Batman is useless, and the GL the JLA have is John...

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by UniOmni
The JLA win.

And for the record, GL wouldn't treat Hulk as a non issue.

The General has seen to that.

Going by averages, Hulk would be a nightmare for the GL.

GL says something smart along the lines of " you're not strong enough to break my shielding, you ugly brute!".

Hulk hits his trademark line, and boom, chaos ensues.

Namor might not be the biggest factor, but he's not far behind WW in strength, and outpaces Aquaman in it by alot.

Taking the all at their highest showings, then yeah, the Defenders win.

Average showing?

The JLA. Please tell me you don't actually think the Hulk can take a GL, even John, and that you're just being capricious...

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Please tell me you don't actually think the Hulk can take a GL, even John, and that you're just being capricious...

On this forum's rules, heck no.

In a comic, more than likely. He shattered the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak. He'd be punching through them like paper.

xmarksthespot
Meh, on the forum is what matters unless the OP specifies that they'd like to know how a comic would play out (which happens occasionally).

On the same note I just noticed this thread isn't even a fight. It's asking whether the DC Earth would be better off or whether Marvel Earth would be better off if these teams traded places.

UniOmni
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Please tell me you don't actually think the Hulk can take a GL, even John, and that you're just being capricious...

Howie got it right.

Going by the general way this forum leans, high ends are the norm.

So no, hulk loses the majority against forum gl.

But comic gl??

Stalemate with a lean towards hulk.

In comics, brute strength tends to >> all.

Brute strength personified is the Hulk.

MightyEInherjar
Defenders all the way.

SS can trash about anyone on the team by himself (not at the same time obviously), and Strange is icing on the cake.

It's not going to be a bunch of straight one-on-one battles. As soon as someone like Superman punches Hulk through a few buildings, he's going to be facing whoever is right next to him, or helping out his team mates.

I don't think Namor and Hulk are non-factors at all. They're both tough enough to take a few hard hits from the likes of WW and Supes and still be able to get back up and into the fight. They're both good for assisting a team mate as well. Say Panther is dodging around Aquaman, or somehow standing up to him in the fight, when all of the sudden a pissed Hulk comes out of no where with a punch to the back of Aquamans' head. IMO, that's one hell of an assist, and could very well take a non-attentive combatant out of the fight.

xmarksthespot
Black Panther dodging Aquaman? Aquaman gives him a seizure. no expression

And:Originally posted by xmarksthespot
This thread isn't even a fight. It's asking whether the DC Earth would be better off or whether Marvel Earth would be better off if these teams traded places.

tjcoady
er, did everyone just decide to completely and utterly ignore the point of the thread? it's not a fight. it's a question of what would happen if they switched universes.

And that being said, I think it would be a major downhill slope for the DC universe- the JLA confronts all sorts of threats and problems. The Defenders, on the other hand, kind of have a mission by mission thing going on, in that they only get together for major crises, and usually only mystical ones.

Is anyone else thinking of actually responding to the original post?

long pig
Base your knowledge on Strange's comics, not a poorly written, thrown together hodge podge comic book. Strange does have close to if not actual limitless power.

Martian_mind
If the heroes switched it would be disastrous for the dcu.They would lose their three biggest heroes and superman an idol to millions of dc earth.Marvel would not benefit from the jlas arrival as batman would as always be suspicious and paranoid and most likely fall apart.Plus both Atlantis and Wakanda would lose their leaders and the mu its main authority on magic.

long pig
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
On this forum's rules, heck no.

In a comic, more than likely. He shattered the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak. He'd be punching through them like paper.
Really? When? I remember like a million times where Hulk got locked up by them and begged his way out. He even lied and said he wasn't angry anymore just so he could get out.

The only time that I know of that Hulk supposedly broke them was during the Heroes Reborn thing in which it was said the dimension gave the person whatever they wanted and Hulk wanted to break the bands...so he did. Well...Frank did, anyway. There's almost always special circumstances when the rare occasion those bands break.

GL would just throw Hulk into orbit.

Howard_Jones
Really? When? I remember like a million times where Hulk got locked up by them and begged his way out. He even lied and said he wasn't angry anymore just so he could get out.

The only time that I know of that Hulk supposedly broke them was during the Heroes Reborn thing in which it was said the dimension gave the person whatever they wanted and Hulk wanted to break the bands...so he did. Well...Frank did, anyway. There's almost always special circumstances when the rare occasion those bands break.

GL would just throw Hulk into orbit.

I'm thinking of a different occasion. Darkcrawler showed it to me awhile back.

Also, a GL wouldn't throw Hulk into orbit in a comic. That's just way out of their style.

Bald Bugger
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph

This isnt even a fight. Thas what I said !!

LordFear
Base your knowledge on Strange's comics, not a poorly written, thrown together hodge podge comic book. Strange does have close to if not actual limitless power.

I am not gonna base my facts on that because everybody knows that a character's tittle comic will always be exagerrated.

Soljer
I am not gonna base my facts on that because everybody knows that a character's tittle comic will always be exagerrated.

Not true. More often then not, a characters title comic will be accurate, and any 'team' comics will be played up or dumbed down.

Hence, Batman is human in his title, but deals with White Martians in his JLA titles.

Superman is amazing in his book, but is dumbed down in his team books to make everyone else look better.

Strange, solo, can do damn near anything, but if he's on a team....well, he has to be downplayed or else he'd just outstrip everyone else.

Accel
How is Superman of all people dumbed down in the team titles? We see him take out people that treat J'onn like crap.

Soljer
Originally posted by Accel
How is Superman of all people dumbed down in the team titles? We see him take out people that treat J'onn like crap.

confused

Errmm...Well, the thing about that is....

J'onn gets downplayed as well. yes.

stick out tongue.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.