EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN TOURNAMENT: Match-Ups and Tournament Discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evangel94
Here is a list of all everyone and their teams:

Here are the match ups and the dates I've set up for Round 1:

December 12 - Typhus vs Stormfront13
December 13 - StarsNeverFall7 vs TricksterPriest
December 14 - B dot Rob vs King Kandy
December 15 - Scoobless vs Loot
December 18 - Laminator X vs hulk10
December 19 - Tony Stark vs Roldz

I will announce the what battlefield you will be fighting on when your match begins. Each thread will be opened at 1:00 PM US CENTRAL TIME unless otherwise stated.

Here's a link to the rules:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=431566

This thread will be used for any General Discussion about the Tournament. Think of this thread as the lounge for 2nd Slugfest Showdow tournament participants and those who wish to discuss the tournament.

I wish all the tournament participants the best of luck.

King Kandy
It seems I have a worthy opponent.

Scoobless
Great ... I have to fight the Silver Surfer in the first round....

no expression

Scoobless
Didn't we get Sentry banned?

"V"
Go Laminator! smile hope you do well mate. Good luck to everyone participating.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Scoobless
I certainly thought so..

Evangel94

I didn't ban him. Essentially he's just a Superman clone. Also he doesn't get to use the void part of himself or the "calming" rays used on the hulk.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Evangel94
I didn't ban him. Essentially he's just a Superman clone. Also he doesn't get to use the void part of himself or the "calming" rays used on the hulk.

He is so ill-defined though .... and he owned a herald without the slightest effort.

King Kandy
The guy stalemated the strongest incarnation of Genis-Vell ever!

Genis-vell's weaker incarnations took Magus, King Thor, armies of Asgardians, several eternals, abstracts, all kinds of shit like that!

Evangel94
Well Sentry certainly at least Herald level and because he is drafted in that level, he will placed under Herald level limits.

It will be up to Tony Stark to convince all of you regarding Sentry anyway.

Loot

TricksterPriest
You gave me the wrong pick. I said Nyssa Al Ghul and Prometheus, not Nyssa and Domino. Scoob and I both agreed Domino was rigged. Other than that, I have a question. Is Iceman even killable? I'm not sure he can be killed.

King Kandy
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
You gave me the wrong pick. I said Nyssa Al Ghul and Prometheus, not Nyssa and Domino. Scoob and I both agreed Domino was rigged. Other than that, I have a question. Is Iceman even killable? I'm not sure he can be killed.
Mind or soul based attacks could kill him.

TricksterPriest
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=433143&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=13

Here's the link for my picks. Please change Domino to Prometheus.

Evangel94
Sorry about that. A mistake is understandable considering the thread was littered with constant changes left and right.

TricksterPriest actually has Prometheus
http://www.answers.com/topic/prometheus-comics

This goes out to everyone:
Regarding characters battles, you don't need to kill your opponent. Just incapacitate the team and put them in a state where they are unable to continue battle. If they are unable to continue battle after 10 minutes, they are considered "knocked out".

Roldz
I think we should bann Ieman body reconstruction to 2 levels/bodies I
mean hed be unkillable, we dont even know if mind attacks would work on him and since there is no mind control tactic allowed in her tourny his virtually unbeatable..

TricksterPriest
that seems fair. Similar rule for Spawn&Violator, or not needed?

Scoobless
Originally posted by Roldz
mean hed be unkillable, we dont even know if mind attacks would work on him and since there is no mind control tactic allowed in her tourny his virtually unbeatable..

There are still psi-blasts which affect the mind and can KO people

Loot

TricksterPriest
What a person doesn't have psychics on their team? I don't and neither do a few other people. You're basically saying our teams can't win without TP or TK abilities.

King Kandy
What a person doesn't have psychics on their team? I don't and neither do a few other people. You're basically saying our teams can't win without TP or TK abilities.
Yeah, pretty much.

Magic might be able to lay him low.

DigiMark007
My question is how Spawn is allowed at all? And he's not even listed as a herald?

Scoobless

evil face

TricksterPriest
I'm kinda surprised Evangel didn't boot both Spawn and Violator. Those two are powered down to E-Meta levels.

As for Iceman, stop gloating, Scoob. angel We need to fix this, most of us don't have magic, and only a few of us have telepaths.

Roldz
There are still psi-blasts which affect the mind and can KO people
Woulda psi-blast affect consciousness? I thought youd have to have telepathic assault (mind control) to affect somethin like that, Psi-blast just affect the mind and in Ice form there is no mind for a psi-blast to affect.. Maybe im just not gettin this right, ill think more about it..lol

Scoobless
I'm kinda surprised Evangel didn't boot both Spawn and Violator. Those two are powered down to E-Meta levels.

As for Iceman, stop gloating, Scoob. angel We need to fix this, most of us don't have magic, and only a few of us have telepaths.

I'm sure if you destroy his body enough, that would be fine ... who do you have at Herald level?

Evangel94
Originally posted by DigiMark007
My question is how Spawn is allowed at all? And he's not even listed as a herald?

This is spawn as he first appeared in the comics. Before he ate a fruit from the tree of life which gave him power that rivaled god and satan.

Also spawn can be killed outside of "the deadzone" in this tournament. Also let's not forget decapitation here.

Plus you choose to incapacitate spawn and put him in a situation where he can not fight back for 10 minutes and gain a KO.

King Kandy
Woulda psi-blast affect consciousness? I thought youd have to have telepathic assault (mind control) to affect somethin like that, Psi-blast just affect the mind and in Ice form there is no mind for a psi-blast to affect.. Maybe im just not gettin this right, ill think more about it..lol
In ice form, there's no mind to effect?

The minds the only thing there to effect!

TricksterPriest
Thanks Evangel. And I have Apocalypse as my Herald.

Evangel94

This is "classic" Iceman that has been drafted. The one where he covered his body in ice before becoming ice himself. So he's killable.

He ride's around on ice "slides", uses ice "blasts", uses ice "shields", ice baseball"bats", and makes the air really cold. That's limit on iceman here.

This isn't incredibly hard to kill T-1000 iceman.

Roldz
Originally posted by King Kandy
In ice form, there's no mind to effect?

The minds the only thing there to effect!
I thought he didnt have a mind/brain, since when you destroy his body those are destroyed as well yet he still comesback... IE.. someones blow his head of he still reassemble wouldnt that mean his consciousness is not there..

Roldz
This is "classic" Iceman that has been drafted. The one where he covered his body in ice before becoming ice himself. So he's killable.

He ride's around on ice "slides", uses ice "blasts", uses ice "shields", ice baseball"bats", and makes the air really cold. That's limit on iceman here.

This isn't incredibly hard to kill T-1000 iceman.
Thats better..

Evangel94

You have apocalypse so why are you complaining?

--------

It's funny considering most people were busying pushing the limits on the levels that some people forgot to cover all their bases.

If people weren't busy trying to draft overly powered characters, and took the time to analyze what basic elements they were missing in their team, then maybe they would have drafted people psy powers.

EDIT: Just because you don't have people with psy powers on your team doesn't mean you automatically lose. It's just going to be harder to stop the people with psy. You'll need to come up with a strategy.

King Kandy
I thought he didnt have a mind/brain, since when you destroy his body those are destroyed as well yet he still comesback... IE.. someones blow his head of he still reassemble wouldnt that mean his consciousness is not there..
The thing is that Icemans consciusness is free floating. It's not connected to his body.

Buts it's still there, and you can still mind-fry it.

TricksterPriest
I wasn't sure whether Apoc still had his psi powers. Just looked it up. Nevermind. Sorry about that. stick out tongue

Roldz
I thought psi-blast only affects the brains synapsis/activities fryin it, TP assault/border mind control is band on this tourny would affect somethin that deep.. Thats another diff. disscussion dough.. I got the answer i was lookin for..

King Kandy
I thought psi-blast only affects the brains synapsis/activities fryin it, TP assault/border mind control is band on this tourny would affect somethin that deep.. Thats another diff. disscussion dough.. I got the answer i was lookin for..
No, you see, psycic attacks work on the psychic plane.

That's how disibodied psychics like shadow King can be mentally hurt.

Roldz
Psychic and tp would be desame.. But psi-blast is just pure psionic energy blast, like psi disc.. but this is really irrelevant on this thread wink ..

StarsNeverFall7
Well, seems all has started. I wish everyone the best of luck, and Trickesterpriest, hopefully our battle will be a good one, good luck to you also.

B dot Rob
tf is a "Erica"

King Kandy
Originally posted by B dot Rob
tf is a "Erica"
Wah?

hulk10
I thuoght that this was a Comic fourms how could he get Boba fett.

Loot
Originally posted by hulk10

because of the star wars comic books wink

B dot Rob
what the hell is a Erica?

Laminator_X
what the hell is a Erica?

If only there were something that would somehow, i dunno, "link" an unfamiliar subject to more information about that subject. Hmm. That'd be really useful.

Typhus

He has more comic appearances than anything else. Also Dark Horse currently owns the rights to his image.

B dot Rob
The link sucks.

stormfront13
sooo...who do we think has the most powerful team?

Scoobless
Originally posted by stormfront13
sooo...who do we think has the most powerful team?

Seems fairly even.

B dot Rob
Until Super Sonic starts the neck snappings and the shoving of planets up people's asses for giggles devil

TricksterPriest
Laminator, Hulk10, LaminatorX, Tony Stark, Roldz, I have a problem. I need to switch times with one of you because I'm wokring overtime this week. Can you help?

Laminator_X
Here're my totally BS predictions:

December 12 - Typhus vs Stormfront13---------------Typhus
December 13 - StarsNeverFall7 vs TricksterPriest----StarsNeverFall7
December 14 - B dot Rob vs King Kandy--------------B dot Rob (not too sure on thos one, Erica vs SuperSonic? Yikes)
December 15 - Scoobless vs Loot----------------------Loot on paper, but Scoob is a champion...
December 18 - Laminator X vs hulk10----------------Myself, of course
December 19 - Tony Stark vs Roldz------------------Tony Stark

Of course this is just a rough power take here. Any of these battles could go either way depending on how creative we get with our strategies.

B dot Rob
I wish someone would explain Erica to me. The only thing I see in the link is ummmmm nothing sad

Laminator_X
Laminator, Hulk10, LaminatorX, Tony Stark, Roldz, I have a problem. I need to switch times with one of you because I'm wokring overtime this week. Can you help?

I could go Wed if Hullk10 could switch too.

Laminator_X
I wish someone would explain Erica to me. The only thing I see in the link is ummmmm nothing sad

She's a "normal girl" who has her vast magical potential unlicked by visitors from another realm. She's a powerful sorceress (or "Spellbinder", as the case may be), but lacks experience. Using her powers slowly drives her mad.

King hasn't said weather he's fielding a green-but-sane Erica Fortune, or a experienced-but-batshit-paranoid-good-luck-with-team-cohesion Spellbinder.

Either way, she's no match for Baron Mordo (cough, in my totally unbiased opinion, cough). wink

B dot Rob
TY

so

no superspeed?

FTL big grin

oh snap no match for Mordo?

She's Waterbearer hand food FTL big grin

stormfront13
Thanks for the vote of confidence Laminator lol

Laminator_X

I'm just calling first glance here. First glance, Typhus has the edge in both power and character-popularity. That being said, if your team out-fights his you'll get my vote.

If you remember from Digi's tourney last winter, I place a lot more stake in actual battle tactics than how the matchups look "on-paper."

I do give you the edge in team-cohesion. Neither Morg nor Carnage are known for working and playing well with others.

Scoobless

Tell me about it

miffed

stick out tongue

Laminator_X
Tell me about it

miffed:

stick out tongue

Like you said, sucks to draw against the Surfer in the first round.

I don't doubt that you've got what it takes to overcome that though. Bring that ol'magic and you too could win my vote.

stormfront13
ha ha ha nah, it's cool Lam, just making a joke. i have a kick-ass stragety in the works that i am willing to bet money on that no one knows what it is

Scoobless
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Like you said, sucks to draw against the Surfer in the first round.

I don't doubt that you've got what it takes to overcome that though. Bring that ol'magic and you too could win my vote.

I got it covered .... shifty

Scoobless
ha ha ha nah, it's cool Lam, just making a joke. i have a kick-ass stragety in the works that i am willing to bet money on that no one knows what it is

DO you?

laughing out loud

stick out tongue

jk

stormfront13
I got it covered .... shifty

ohhhhhhhhhh....something up your sleeve scoob?

Scoobless
ohhhhhhhhhh....something up your sleeve scoob?

shifty

stormfront13
shifty

ahhhhh...i see how it is...afarid someone'll counter your stragety if you share it?

Tony Stark

confused

I'm a little disappointed in the not being able to use the void if I were to choose to bring him out because he IS part of Bob's persona...But I accept the ruling if that is what it is... But I do feel that HE/I am being a little too hamstrung with not being capable of using his psychic/mental powers to their fullest (IE mentally telling The HULK it's cool... chill out, I'm the man...your cool...I'm cool...and your safe.) I'm not sure why he's/I am being told that he can't use his TP/TK...etc (mental powers) to the cap like all others with those like powers.

It's like telling SS that he can't use his powers of being able to sense what someones weakness maybe, or telling THOR that he can't use his lightning bolts, or telling Batman that he can't use the BATKICK... Alright that last one is probably close to the usage of the void but you get my drift.

Bob/I should be able to use his psychic/mental powers just like everyone else thats got them.

stormfront13
Tony, don't complain, your lucky he's even allowed in the first place

Tony Stark
Tony, don't complain, your lucky he's even allowed in the first place

My bad... Disregard my rant... I didn't read it fully...I CAN use his TP/TK powers I just can't use the radiation that he can emit to sooth The HULK.

He can still mentally tell him to chill...

I believe that it's actually that your UNlucky

wink

stormfront13
Originally posted by Tony Stark
My bad... Disregard my rant... I didn't read it fully...I CAN use his TP/TK powers I just can't use the radiation that he can emit to sooth The HULK.

He can still mentally tell him to chill...

I believe that it's actually that your UNlucky

wink

Ev said only super strength, like superman clone

Scoobless
confused

I'm a little disappointed in the not being able to use the void if I were to choose to bring him out because he IS part of Bob's persona...But I accept the ruling if that is what it is... But I do feel that HE/I am being a little too hamstrung with not being capable of using his psychic/mental powers to their fullest (IE mentally telling The HULK it's cool... chill out, I'm the man...your cool...I'm cool...and your safe.) I'm not sure why he's/I am being told that he can't use his TP/TK...etc (mental powers) to the cap like all others with those like powers.

It's like telling SS that he can't use his powers of being able to sense what someones weakness maybe, or telling THOR that he can't use his lightning bolts, or telling Batman that he can't use the BATKICK... Alright that last one is probably close to the usage of the void but you get my drift.

Bob/I should be able to use his psychic/mental powers just like everyone else thats got them.

I'm interested in how you think Sentry would be able to use all those abilities as he's never consciously done so before.

smile

Tony Stark

I think you mean this and it says nothing about his super-strength...Which is much greater than supes too btw.

Tony Stark
I'm interested in how you think Sentry would be able to use all those abilities as he's never consciously done so before.

smile

If YOU say it's so...it must be true.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Scoobless
If YOU say it's so...it must be true.

It's true because he's never proved otherwise.

But keep grasping at straws ... it's fun to watch.

smile

stormfront13
I think you mean this and it says nothing about his super-strength...Which is much greater than supes too btw.

um...yeah it does. Ev says that he is just a supes clone, meaning you can only use his speed, durability, and strength

TricksterPriest
i'm not worried about my match. Basically, if I can take out Thor, and Cable w/e TO virus, I can win. Iceman is a bit tricky, but he's not immortal and his power is limited to classic, so I can just smash him apart enough. Thor is the biggest problem, but I got a plan for Starsneverfall's crew. You better believe, cause the Apocalypse is coming, and damn anyone who gets in his way. smokin'

Roldz
Ive got no plan and am going in blind..lol See if i get lucky..

StarsNeverFall7
I wouldn't take so much into account Trickster, if Cable could put down Apocalypse, make for sure Thor can. First time I've ever done one of these though... I wish you the best of luck and hopefully we have a good battle on our hands.

Tony Stark
um...yeah it does. Ev says that he is just a supes clone, meaning you can only use his speed, durability, and strength

Ummm... No thats you reading more into the statement than is really there.

stick out tongue

stormfront13
Ummm... No thats you reading more into the statement than is really there.

stick out tongue

um...no it's you trying to cheat ev's system

Laminator_X
Do we want to come up with some procedures for the matches themselves that might help things work out better?

One thing that strikes me is that we're supposed to be prepping blind. Might each combattant PM their prep/plans to Evangel in advance and have the thread openned with both posted simultaneously? I suppose we'd need to know our terrain in advance as well for that to work.

Do we want to have a sort of courtesy amongst ourselves like only posting twice before your opponent has a chance to respond (thus nobody gets shouted down while they're working, eating, sleeping, etc)?

Scoobless
If we're only getting 1 day to do these matches we can't really afford to wait for replies all the time ... some people will be in completely different timezones than their opponents

hulk10
True I've got school and Marshal arts and Piano. mad

That's how long it will take,I'll be late.

Laminator_X
True I've got school and Marshal arts and Piano. mad

That's how long it will take,I'll be late.

Do you want to do as I suggested for our bout? We could both give our "opening moves" to Evangel ahead of time. That way readers won't sit there reading all the ways I'm going to demolish you without hearing your side of the story until you get home. wink

I can post somewhat from work, but will have some blackout hours in the evening.
I'm perfectly willing to limit myself to a couple of posts until you can get back in the game if you would extend me the same courtesy.

hulk10
First I'll ask Ev when the match ups.

stormfront13
we only get one day for these matches?

B dot Rob
At least nobody's unloading the truck all day on their matchup day sad

Laminator_X
First I'll ask Ev when the match ups.

Currently, you and I are set to square off at 1PM Central on Dec 18, one week from today.)

B dot Rob
going to be real interesting to see how some of these teams that lack strong leadership will function.

Loot
witch one of you is an expert in quasar (except scoob), i would like to ask one thing.

TricksterPriest
I too require information. But on a more esoteric subject. Does anyone know where I can find information on Violator and his siblings, the Phlebiac brothers? I'm trying to find a good list of his power.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Loot
witch one of you is an expert in quasar (except scoob), i would like to ask one thing.

laughing

Just ask it in here..... c'mon.

big grin

I too require information. But on a more esoteric subject. Does anyone know where I can find information on Violator and his siblings, the Phlebiac brothers? I'm trying to find a good list of his power.

There's a pretty decent Spawn respect thread in the comic book forum:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t384411.html

smile

StarsNeverFall7
Im curious as to know since I'm still new to this whole tournament thing, how exactly do the matches play out? Are we just supposed to build up a strategy on how we beat our opponent, or is it supposed to be a back and forth deal. We are given the teams roster ahead of time, and like Laminator stated is the prep time available "blind prep" as in we arn't supposed to know the other teams roster or is our prep supposed to be based off of what we do know? Any help would be great, thanks!

Evangel94

Scoobless
As far as the prep time goes ... what are we allowed/not allowed to do? in regards to our team helping each other/creating shields/whatever

King Kandy
She's a "normal girl" who has her vast magical potential unlicked by visitors from another realm. She's a powerful sorceress (or "Spellbinder", as the case may be), but lacks experience. Using her powers slowly drives her mad.

King hasn't said weather he's fielding a green-but-sane Erica Fortune, or a experienced-but-batshit-paranoid-good-luck-with-team-cohesion Spellbinder.

Either way, she's no match for Baron Mordo (cough, in my totally unbiased opinion, cough). wink

Experienced but Batshit paranoid Erica.

I was only considering option one when I thought I could get away with putting her as E-Meta.

King Kandy
You know... On my match day I'm only going to be around for a little bit...

I've got lessons and stuff.

Laminator_X
My point about the blind prep is that by submitting our initial strategy/prep in advance, is that neither player gets to know what the other is doing with his prep before posting his own.

I'm going to know the names of Hulk10's characters, and what terrain we're on. Hulk10 & I will PM Evangel with how we're deploying ourselves, how we're spending our 2 hours, and maybe what we're doing when the barrier comes down; that sort of thing.

Evangel94 posts both when the thread opens, and readers can see how we're both starting out, even if we can't both post right at 1PM.

Nobody has to, but I think it's a good idea.

Evangel94
As far as the prep time goes ... what are we allowed/not allowed to do? in regards to our team helping each other/creating shields/whatever

You are allowed to do whatever you can without violating the rules. If you anything is questionable, you better make sure you clear it with me first though.

Evangel94
My point about the blind prep is that by submitting our initial strategy/prep in advance, is that neither player gets to know what the other is doing with his prep before posting his own.

I'm going to know the names of Hulk10's characters, and what terrain we're on. Hulk10 & I will PM Evangel with how we're deploying ourselves, how we're spending our 2 hours, and maybe what we're doing when the barrier comes down; that sort of thing.

Evangel94 posts both when the thread opens, and readers can see how we're both starting out, even if we can't both post right at 1PM.

Nobody has to, but I think it's a good idea.

This is ideally exactly how it should be.

Laminator_X
You are allowed to do whatever you can without violating the rules. If you anything is questionable, you better make sure you clear it with me first though.

Heck, that's another reason to submit in advance.

King Kandy
Say... Is my date set in stone? That's not a day where I have much time...

Evangel94
ANNOUNCEMENT!:

Typhus vs Stormfront13

Area: The Himalayan Mountains at Dawn.

King Kandy
Could you pleeaasseee move my battle date?

I really can't do much that day.

stormfront13
so i've just sent Ev my stragety

stormfront13
Ev, if your character is one level, is it legel to bump them up to a higher level through an outside force?

Evangel94
Could you pleeaasseee move my battle date?

I really can't do much that day.

You would have to find another match date that you could switch with. You would also have to ask the participants on that day if its ok to switch. Plus you want to make sure its ok with the person whose fighting you that's it ok to switch.

Once you get verification from all three people, I will move the match date.

King Kandy
Okay, I'll try.

StarsNeverFall7
Stormfront, powering up a character to a next level isn't allowed.

Also, are the battles designated to be team vs team or are we supposed to be breaking them down more so to Herald vs. Herald, E. Meta vs. E. Meta etc, or is it all out everyone against everyone?

Scoobless
So team mates can't really help each other out ..... that's pretty dumb.

erm

Evangel94
Originally posted by StarsNeverFall7
Stormfront, powering up a character to a next level isn't allowed.

Also, are the battles designated to be team vs team or are we supposed to be breaking them down more so to Herald vs. Herald, E. Meta vs. E. Meta etc, or is it all out everyone against everyone?

It can either be a team brawl or a seperate category dual depending on your write-up and how you debate.

One competitor might submit a "write-up" and try get his team to split up and attack each opposing level while the other competitor might submit a write-up which states that his team will attack all at once. Then they both debate which is more likely to happen and how the battle will turn out.

It's up to you, the voter, to decide which event is more plausible and vote accordingly.

Laminator_X
There're lines that shouldn't be crossed with team-member powerups.

I shouldn't be able to have Baron Mordo grant super-strength to Ra's al Ghul. At the same time, I should be able to have Fixer give Deadshot a better gun.

There're significant differences in degree.

Laminator_X
It can either be a team brawl or a seperate category dual depending on your write-up and how you debate.

One competitor might submit a "write-up" and try get his team to split up and attack each opposing level while the other competitor might submit a write-up which states that his team will attack all at once. Then they both debate which is more likely to happen and how the battle will turn out.

It's up to you, the voter, to decide which event is more plausible and vote accordingly.

I highly encourage all of my opponents to come at me as individuals rather than as a coordinated team effort. Please, go right ahead and do that. evil face

TricksterPriest
So we submit our scenarios early and can direct it however we choose? Evangel, if a new time cannot be negotiated, I request a stay of battle. I simply cannot battle this week due to my work schedule. Saturday is the nearest time I can accomodate.

StarsNeverFall7
If need be Trickster, I have no dilemma in moving our battle to a later date if need be and moving someone elses to our current place. Either or makes no difference to me, but you'll have to find out from the others on their take on it.

TricksterPriest
Much appreciated stars. I'm not going to go easy on you though. I expect an excellent duel. thumb up

Bald Bugger
WTF !!! This is pretty damn stupid now. One day. I am glad I refused your offer to join on PM.

StarsNeverFall7
I will do my best to bring an excellent dual to this tournament.

Laminator_X
My mind is spinning with the possibilities from 100 square miles rather than 10.

Is the combat zone square or circular? That is, are we in a 10 milex10mile square or an 11.3 mile wide circle? Not that it makes a huge difference, I'm just curious.

stormfront13
so we can't power up other characters? like if one character can absorb energy to become stronger, another team member isn't allowed to give them extra energy to make them stronger?

Scoobless
so we can't power up other characters? like if one character can absorb energy to become stronger, another team member isn't allowed to give them extra energy to make them stronger?

Or if one character has 2 guns, can they give one to someone else?

Laminator_X
Here's the rule we're dancing around:

I would think that sharing equipment would be OK, but building someone a suit of power-armor would not.

I might have Super Skrull make a team-mate invisible, but couldn't use Mordo's magic to grant Absorbing-man style powers.

There're some grey zones to be sure though.

stormfront13
oooohhh...i never even saw that rule, thanks lam for clearing that whole thign up

Soljer
Here's the rule we're dancing around:

I would think that sharing equipment would be OK, but building someone a suit of power-armor would not.

I might have Super Skrull make a team-mate invisible, but couldn't use Mordo's magic to grant Absorbing-man style powers.

There're some grey zones to be sure though.

If you were using the Flash, could you speed up your teammates?

If you were using a Green Lantern, could you shield them? Make them invisible? Make them levitate? erm.

It says enhance pre-existing powers or give them new powers completely, so the Silver Surfer couldn't grant Batman the power cosmic...but....could a Doctor Strange-like-character grant a strength or speed boost? erm.

Evangel94
Originally posted by Bald Bugger
WTF !!! This is pretty damn stupid now. One day. I am glad I refused your offer to join on PM.

You're insulting this tournament, me, and everyone who is participating with your idiotic comments. Your presense is not necessary. Get out.

stormfront13
You're insulting this tournament, me, and everyone who is participating with your idiotic comments. Your presense is not necessary. Get out.

You Tell Him Ev big grin

Laminator_X
Personally, I'm kind of psyched about the one-day limit. Too often these things degenerate into endless back-and-forth over feats and battles with other characters. With a shorter time frame, we need to be much more to-the-point about how and why we're going to win. Time is too precious to waste on minutia.

Scoobless
Ev... if you've got time to come on to call someone an idiot you've got time to clear up the rule that everyone seems to have questions about.

Laminator_X
There's a distinction to be made as well between power negation and power prevention.

Using a Mutant Nullifier on Gambit would break rule 12. Separating the Silver Surfer from his board somehow would not.

What about interfering with a tech character's equipment, or snatching Vixen's medallion? Grey Area.

Evangel94
Originally posted by Soljer
If you were using the Flash, could you speed up your teammates?

No, because you would be granting new powers entirely to your teammates.

If you were using a Green Lantern, could you shield them? Make them invisible? Make them levitate? erm.

You could shield them, make them invisible, etc because it's not the other characters doing it. It's Green Lantern whose the one whose using his power and is under the strain to do all of that for his teammates.

On a side note, since you are doing that you would drain his ring power faster.

It says enhance pre-existing powers or give them new powers completely, so the Silver Surfer couldn't grant Batman the power cosmic...but....could a Doctor Strange-like-character grant a strength or speed boost? erm.

That would also constitute as granting them new powers so no.

Or if one character has 2 guns, can they give one to someone else?

Sharing guns and tech is fine, but only if your character has done it before and is capable of doing it. (IE Iron Man is probably not going to share his helmet or gauntlet with someone else, or let someone else ride in his armor entirely. That's not his M.O.)

Remember everyone has to stay in character. As long as you don't grant new innate powers for your teammates then it is fine.

Evangel94
There's a distinction to be made as well between power negation and power prevention.

Using a Mutant Nullifier on Gambit would break rule 12. Separating the Silver Surfer from his board somehow would not.

What about interfering with a tech character's equipment, or snatching Vixen's medallion? Grey Area.

If you could conceivably come up with a strategy to take away the medallion then its ok. But also has anyone ever actually taken away the medallion?

Depends on the type of interference with a tech characters equipment. You would have to be more specific. PM me with more specific questions if you wish.

King_Mungi
If you could conceivably come up with a strategy to take away the medallion then its ok. But also has anyone ever actually taken away the medallion?

Yeah Plastique took it away in JLA #1. Of course she is Canadian smile

Evangel94
The 1st match of the tournament is up. Everyone please vote.

Evangel94
All participants in the tournament are required to vote in all matches.

StarsNeverFall7
Hey Ev, is mine and TricksterPriest's match still tomorrow or did he get in touch with you about his needing it changed? Thanks, just needing to know so I can get a strategy typed up or if I have more time to plan.

Evangel94
Originally posted by StarsNeverFall7
Hey Ev, is mine and TricksterPriest's match still tomorrow or did he get in touch with you about his needing it changed? Thanks, just needing to know so I can get a strategy typed up or if I have more time to plan.

Unless you found someone to switch dates with, I can't change the match.

Scoobless
Hmmm......

Evangel94
Unless you found someone to switch dates with, I can't change the match.

Actually on second thought, If TricksterPriest needs a different date, he'll go this weekend. If necessary, we'll just not have a match tommorow.

It wouldn't be much of a match if there's no one to debate with.

King Kandy
Could you switch me that way too?

Evangel94
Could you switch me that way too?

I can't make concessions to every participant. TricksterPriest asked first so he gets top priority. BUT You could go tommorow if you would like. Otherwise your match stays the same.

King Kandy
Tommorow... Great , then. I'd love to do it tommorow.

B Dot Rob already agreed.

Scoobless
Hope no one had their write up done already.

stick out tongue

King Kandy
So, hey, should I send you my right-up now, Evangel?

Evangel94
So, hey, should I send you my right-up now, Evangel?

If you have it completely done, then yes. Once you send me your write-up, that's the one I'm using. I don't accept people sending me revised write-ups with updates. So make sure before you send it to me that it's the exact way you want it written.

King Kandy
Okay. I'll get right on it.

Evangel94
This thread will be closed a few minutes before the new match tommorow. So anyone who wishes to vote will have plenty of time to do so.

I'd like to remind all tournament participants that you are required to vote in matches.

I suppose.... if tournament participants don't vote, I'll probably come up with a system to penalize you for not voting (which I'd rather not do)....but I hope it doesn't come to that so vote!

King_Mungi
You only have a day to debate? hmmm...

King Kandy
Wait... I voted in the other thread... Was I suppost to vote here?

Evangel94
This thread will be closed a few minutes before the new match tommorow. So anyone who wishes to vote will have plenty of time to do so.

I'd like to remind all tournament participants that you are required to vote in matches.

I suppose.... if tournament participants don't vote, I'll probably come up with a system to penalize you for not voting (which I'd rather not do)....but I hope it doesn't come to that so vote!

Whoops! Meant to post that in the current match thread. This thread stays open for the duration of the tournament. Sorry for the confusion. Ignore that post in this thread.

stormfront13
good Luck Typhus, your more than likely going on. i hope you do well, although i will say this

Morg shouldn't ever have been allowed in this. he's defeated thanos easily, and defeated the combined heralds w/out the waters of life easily. he's one hit killed Nova, and bitchslapped surfer and the rest of the heralds on more than one ocasion

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>