The Hitcher (2007)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Here it is people: another remake of a great horror film that is only 20 years old. Just thought some of you might agree with me that this is totally unncessary, and looks kinda mediocre since Sean "Boromir" Bean is the film's anatgonist. I wonder what Rutger Hauer's thought are? Have a look at the trailer

BTW, Michael Bay, suprise surprise, is the producer.

Solo
I saw the trailer at The Fountain, looks awful.

Espantada23
Crap

LORDSIDIOUS01
I look forward to seeing Sophia Bush in The Hitcher remake.It will mostly be a hit. I doubt if it cost all that much.

Pandemoniac
Not sure yet. It's probably going to be too smooth and easy to watch, with little of the original grit left, I but might be wrong on that...
Bay's involvement is not very good news, Sean Bean's presence then again might be

el barto_1
the trailer is utter crap

BackFire
I like Shaun Bean, so I'm a bit less anti than some others.

But yes, a totally unnecessary remake.

Röland
Just like The Fly remake that might come out, it's not needed.

Yuna_And_Tidus
It looks really great, especially since Sean Bean is outstanding and gorgeous. I will be seeing it Saturday and I can't wait. w00t

Wolfie
I've rented the original a couple times and never got around to watching it. I figure I should before watching this one, which doesn't look very good anyway.

Yuna_And_Tidus
Why doesn't it look good? I think it looks great!

Bright Gem
I agree about the trailer looking bad, and as much as I like Sean Bean I think I'm going to pass on this movie. Maybe I'll rent it later. stick out tongue

Yuna_And_Tidus
You guys can't come in here and say it's going to be bad without an explanation! mad

vintageSW77
well theres no point in going seeing the HITCHER remake
a) Because the trailer pretty much tells the WHOLE story
b) Sean Bean is no Rutger Hauer
c) theyve ****ed around with the story....the female lead is a hitcher too in the orig NOT the male leads GF

and i suggest they put from the producers of the REMAKE of the Texas Chainsaw massacre

like The Wickerman and The Fog remakes in a couple of years time this will be forgotten whilst the originals remain classics
they are like cover versions of classic songs......the original stays with you

Wolfie
I watched the original last night. Keeping in mind that I don't remember the trailer much, I don't see how they plan to improve on it.

Tyranno-Chris
It looks stupid, unnessecary. Todays horror sucks. With a few exceptions.

Pandemoniac
Read a few reviews today, and non of them were positive at all. As they mentioned, and as I feared, the psychological terror and real suspense were nowhere to be found in this remake, and the Hitcher character had way too little screen-time.
Again, that's what I've read, haven't seen the actual movie myself. Still bad news I think.

doomsday49
saw it today....boooo!!! You know, sometimes i don't know what the writers are thinking. Don't they realize that it's hard to empathize and furthermore, sympathize with idiotic characters. The whole movie, i'm rooting for the bad guy to kill those two. I give it a 3 out of 10.

vintageSW77
maybe this year wil see the end of the Horror remave trend
they are all stinkers apart from Hills and Dawn so far

Tyranno-Chris
Originally posted by vintageSW77
maybe this year wil see the end of the Horror remave trend
they are all stinkers apart from Hills and Dawn so far
I thought both of those sucked.

Yuna_And_Tidus
This movie was really really good, I just got back from seeing it. 9/10 definately!!!

Yuna_And_Tidus
edit: I'm going back to see it tonight while I'm on a date. w00t

allofyousuckkk
bj at hitcher!!!! lets all go, we can have a party

Yuna_And_Tidus
Erm..No. I payed full attention to the movie, even moreso than the first time I saw it. Excellent again! Another 9/10.

taste_u
ed

Impediment
I saw this movie today.

One word review, okay? You ready?

SUCKED.

smile

Originally posted by Yuna_And_Tidus
Erm..No. I payed full attention to the movie, even moreso than the first time I saw it. Excellent again! Another 9/10.

You should really, really watch the original.

vintageSW77

Yuna_And_Tidus
Originally posted by Impediment
I saw this movie today.

One word review, okay? You ready?

SUCKED.

smile

You should really, really watch the original.
Nah, I won't make it to the video store in the next year. And besides, I own the Hitcher now. embarrasment shifty

LaHaine
Originally posted by Yuna_And_Tidus
Nah, I won't make it to the video store in the next year. And besides, I own the Hitcher now. embarrasment shifty

are you 12?

MildPossession

beta-wolf_101
This film can not be duplicated, Rutger Hauer was still at the top of his game and it looks like they've removed the creepest part of Hauer's character. He was attracted to the male protagonist. That is what really made movie, that dynamic right there.

DeNiro
Originally posted by BackFire
I like Shaun Bean, so I'm a bit less anti than some others.

But yes, a totally unnecessary remake.

Dont know who shuan bean is never saw the orig but am going to know but was entertained by the 2007 version when i was drink so i give it a ok

guy222
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
I look forward to seeing Sophia Bush in The Hitcher remake.It will mostly be a hit. I doubt if it cost all that much.

The original was wack. I hate Rootbeer Hauer

beta-wolf_101
The original will be much better then the remake. And don't disrespect my countryman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.