What happens in here, stays in here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vegas
I've already made my introduction, so I figured I'd jump right into the basket. Hi, I'm Vegas. You can call me... Vegas. I like to play Cards; Particularly Poker and to be even more specific, I like to play Texas Hold 'em... But, Omaha or Seven Card Stud will do fine as well. This may sound bluntly arrogant, but I consider myself to be a true natural at any card game. I have a "thing" with cards... A fascination.

I'd like to get to know some of you. I'm willing to elaborate further about myself if you donate some information about YOURself.

T'sall for now.

.V E G A S.

JaehSkywalker
hey Vegg.

I'm Jaeh.

er.

Syren
wave

I'm Syren, 22/f/uk roll eyes (sarcastic)

xXxPunkchickxXx
I thought the saying was Whatever happens in Vegas says in Vegas

Vegas
Thank you all for the welcome!

Originally posted by xXxPunkchickxXx

Either or, really.

information
mad

kayakat
hi

Syren
Anyway, welcome to KMC, Vegas. I think I missed that part out of my initial hello ermm

Vegas
Ah, much appreciated. Now to go obtain a signature. I am shoddy at creating them myself. Hah.

LanceWindu

Actually it's:

What happens here, stays here.

I should know...I live in Las Vegas.

Strangelove
Originally posted by LanceWindu
Actually it's:

I should know...I live in Las Vegas. blink Do you know TH personally then?

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Strangelove
blink Do you know TH personally then?

No, we still haven't met in real life, probably never will. I know a few KMC members that live nearby, never met any of them either.

Strangelove
No, we still haven't met in real life, probably never will. I know a few KMC members that live nearby, never met any of them either. Oh. I see hmm

I had to ask lookaround

Vegas
Actually it's:

I should know...I live in Las Vegas.

Actually, there are much variations of the infamous quote.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Vegas
Actually, there are much variations of the infamous quote. This is true. The version that Ken said is only if you're in Vegas at the time

Dusty
This is true. The version that Ken said is only if you're in Vegas at the time

laughing out loud

LanceWindu
This is true. The version that Ken said is only if you're in Vegas at the time

The commercials shown to the world say

Vegas

Therefore it's the most widely used one. stick out tongue

Strangelove

Vegas

Therefore it's the most widely used one. stick out tongue Yes, but you wouldn't say "What happens here, stays here" if you were in, say, Indiana. Because Indiana is not Vegas.

LanceWindu
Yes, but you wouldn't say "What happens here, stays here" if you were in, say, Indiana. Because Indiana is not Vegas.

This is true, but, who would live in Indiana? stick out tongue

Either way "What happens in here, stays in here." is NOT the saying in any form because it's improper when speaking about a city.

Strangelove
This is true, but, who would live in Indiana? stick out tongueangryshakefistAgreed

Vegas

Vegas

Therefore it's the most widely used one. stick out tongue

"The commercials shown to the world"

I hope that isn't your evidence, because the one I see the most is:

"What happens in Las Vegas, stays in Las Vegas."

"What happens here, stays here." is a widely used term that applies to all-in-all situations.

"What happens in Las Vegas, Stays in Las Vegas." Is a more elaborate, precise term to signify the quote, honestly.

LanceWindu

"What happens here, stays here." is a widely used term that applies to all-in-all situations.

"What happens in Las Vegas, Stays in Las Vegas." Is a more elaborate, precise term to signify the quote, honestly.

The commercials commissioned by the board of tourism of Las Vegas have one tag line, and that is "What happens here, stays here."

Watch: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/81859/las_vegas/

Strangelove

"What happens in Las Vegas, Stays in Las Vegas." Is a more elaborate, precise term to signify the quote, honestly. It's true that a lot of people use the phrase for places other than Las Vegas, but Las Vegas is the originator of the phrase, so they (rightly) feel that they don't have to specify where they mean when they say it

Vegas
Oh, I guess because it was featured in a commercial, it's logically the most widely used quote.

Yeah, you got me there. roll eyes (sarcastic)

"What happens here, stays here." is a common saying that refers to everything and anything. An example would be a situation where you've just killed someone with your friend . . . You would use that specific line.

"What happens in Las Vegas, stay in Las Vegas." nips it in the bud. It is directly and primarily referring to Las Vegas itself and it is the most widely utilized quote.

That and "Whatever happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas."

Strangelove
Oh, I guess because it was featured in a commercial, it's logically the most widely used quote.

Yeah, you got me there. roll eyes (sarcastic)It's not just the phrase that appears in commercials, it's the official phrase distributed by the city itself.

You fail no expression

LanceWindu

Yeah, you got me there. roll eyes (sarcastic)

"What happens here, stays here." is a common saying that refers to everything and anything. An example would be a situation where you've just killed someone with your friend . . . You would use that specific line.

"What happens in Las Vegas, stay in Las Vegas." nips it in the bud. It is directly and primarily referring to Las Vegas itself and it is the most widely utilized quote.

That and "Whatever happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas." Originally posted by Strangelove
It's not just the phrase that appears in commercials, it's the official phrase distributed by the city itself.

You fail no expression

Annnnnnnnnnd scene....*takes a bow*

Vegas
That proves it's the most widely used quote? Who fails?

In a subliminally, indirect way; You just proved my point.

The city itself uses that line because it represents ITSELF. The line is widely used by tourists and travelers and when they're prompted to share a tale, they say "What happens in Las Vegas, stays in Las Vegas." or "Whatever happens in Las Vegas, stays in Las Vegas."

The line "What happens here, stays here." is used everywhere by everyone and did not originate from Las Vegas because it can be applied to multiple situations, whereas utilizing "Las Vegas" within the quote thins the elaboration.

Strangelove
That proves it's the most widely used quote? Who fails?

The line "What happens here, stays here." is used everywhere by everyone and did not originate from Las Vegas because it can be applied to multiple situations, whereas utilizing "Las Vegas" within the quote thins the elaboration. So you say that because other people use it, Vegas wasn't the origin of the phrase? What faulty logic no expression

Ken and I are not saying that saying "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" is incorrect. But the city of Las Vegas uses the phrase "What happens here, stays here" because hey! It is Vegas.That wasn't your point.

Vegas

Vegas
So you say that because other people use it, Vegas wasn't the origin of the phrase? What faulty logic no expression

How long has english been around?

How long do you think people have been saying "What happens here, stays here."

And how long has Las Vegas existed?

You good at math?

Read my last post.

You fail. laughing

Strangelove

~Da Rev~
This is honestly the most annoying argument ever.

Strangelove
How long has english been around?

How long do you think people have been saying "What happens here, stays here."

And how long has Las Vegas existed?

You good at math?Forgive me, I forgot that you were a Philistine. I assumed you knew that when I said the origin of the phrase, I meant origin of the phrase in pop culture. Because that's what I meant. I apologize for assuming you had an above-average intelligence

Vegas
Ken posted one of those commercials. You know what it said? "What happens here, stays here"

The article was paraphrasing. It happens every so often. no expression

Now....

Cool, I posted one of those commercials branded by the government as well.

The statement where you said "What happens here, Stays here" is the official tagline used by Las Vegas has become void six ways from sunday, pal.

Damn, still too new to post links.

And I had a good one lined up.

Forgive me, I forgot that you were a Philistine. I assumed you knew that when I said the origin of the phrase, I meant origin of the phrase in pop culture. Because that's what I meant. I apologize for assuming you had an above-average intelligence

Ah, that's okay.

Often, those under tend to take the cake in the "Awareness" department.

Forgiveness is applied, though.

Strangelove
Originally posted by ~Da Rev~
This is honestly the most annoying argument ever. I agree, even though I'm participating in it. weep

Vegas
This is honestly the most annoying argument ever.

I've seen worse.

Strangelove
The statement where you said "What happens here, Stays here" is the official tagline used by Las Vegas has become void six ways from sunday, pal.Umm...no no expression

Vegas
Umm...no no expression

Umm . . . Yes.

If the government created a commercial saying "What happens here, stays here" and that SAME GOVERNMENT creates another commerical saying "What happens in Las Vegas, stays in Las Vegas." . . .

It means that yours is not official, but both could possibly lean towards being official, even though what you said still doesn't classify as proof to that being the official tagline used. It's parallel with mine as well.

You dig?

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Syren
wave

omg lolz, lyk, hello flirt1

~Da Rev~
I agree, even though I'm participating in it. weep You deserve a slap. madOriginally posted by Vegas
I've seen worse. Thats not how that statement is said mhm

Vegas
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/2701/vegasve6.png

El Oh El.

The name of the commercial is "What happens here, Stays here".

That's about all you have.

Read it all, though!

Strangelove
Umm . . . Yes.

If the government created a commercial saying "What happens here, stays here" and that SAME GOVERNMENT creates another commerical saying "What happens in Las Vegas, stays in Las Vegas." . . .

It means that yours is not official, but both could possibly lean towards being official, even though what you said still doesn't classify as proof to that being the official tagline used. It's parallel with mine as well.

You dig? Every single Vegas commercial I've seen in the past year have said "What happens here, stays here." I think I'm safe in the assumption that it's the official one.

Strangelove
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/2701/vegasve6.png

El Oh El.

The name of the commercial is "What happens here, Stays here".

That's about all you have.

Read it all, though! Again, paraphrasing. roll eyes (sarcastic)

~Da Rev~
Every single Vegas commercial I've seen in the past year have said "What happens here, stays here." I think I'm safe in the assumption that it's the official one. I don't know if you've heard the version

"What happens here, i'm going to ****ing tell everyone i know"

Vegas
Hooray for vague, inane replies.

Try again.

Strangelove
I don't know if you've heard the version

"What happens here, i'm going to ****ing tell everyone i know" Dane Cook laughing out loud

Strangelove

Try again. Did you watch the commercial?

Try again.

~Da Rev~

Try again. *tries again*

Did i win?Originally posted by Strangelove
Dane Cook laughing out loud He is a silly *****.

Vegas
Did you watch the commercial?

Try again.

See the other one? Officially hosted by the government with the other tagline?

Face it, we could go all day.

None are official. I suggest we leave it at that.

Unless you wish to say that "What happens here, stays here" is the confirmed and official quote used for all of Las Vegas because it was seen in a commercial or few.

Because I could say that the line I have a bias to was featured in many commercials and is used on many blogs, the official Las Vegas show, on wikipedia, generates more search options having relevancy with Vegas itself . . .

But, no matter. This could perpetuate all day and honestly, it's petty.

Stalemate?

Strangelove
See the other one? Officially hosted by the government with the other tagline?No, because you didn't post a linkNo, the one I 'have a bias to' is the official one. However, both are commonplace.

Strangelove
Nice sig, by the way thumbsup

And that's serious, not sarcastic stick out tongue

Vegas
No, because you didn't post a link

Did you read the article? At all?

I thought I directly proved you wrong about that when the government decided to have a commercial with the quote I think is more commonly said . . .

The dangers of ignorance.

Vegas
Nice sig, by the way thumbsup

And that's serious, not sarcastic stick out tongue

Me? Why thank you!

Yours isn't so bad either. I like it. The smug smile with the cigarette. Heh.

Rogue Jedi
vegas, you have one badass sig.

ThePittman
Me? Why thank you!

Yours isn't so bad either. I like it. The smug smile with the cigarette. Heh. Make sure you give me credit for the sig wink

Vegas
I appreciate it.

Give up credit to Pittman, though.

Strangelove
Did you read the article? At all?I did...and it was paraphrasing, I'm certainAnd again, I'm certain that it was paraphrasing. Because the phrases are interchangeable.

As soon as I said that, I realized how ridiculously stupid this argument is no expression

Claiming that you proved me wrong and then calling for "stalemate" is rather arrogant eyes

Strangelove
I appreciate it.

Give up credit to Pittman, though. No, give credit in your sig. Like mine yes

Vegas
Oh my lord . . . Please, read it throughoughly.

I did. Not arrogance, and once again, your ignorance.

You said that was the quote officially used by the government. There is a commercial shown by THE GOVERNMENT using THE LINE I FAVOR AND THINK IS OFFICIAL.

That leaves us in a stalemate. It's that simple.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by ThePittman
Make sure you give me credit for the sig wink
nice sig, pitt. i need a new sig, but i cant figure out photoshop enough to do a decent job.

Vegas
No, give credit in your sig. Like mine yes

Go look at my profile.

ThePittman
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
nice sig, pitt. i need a new sig, but i cant figure out photoshop enough to do a decent job. It can be tricky, are you requesting one from me?

Strangelove
Go look at my profile. wow...that's quite prominent shock

Rogue Jedi
It can be tricky, are you requesting one from me?
nah, i was just commenting. i barely know you. in fact, i dont even know you.

Strangelove

ThePittman
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
nah, i was just commenting. i barely know you. in fact, i dont even know you. That is because I am pitt_ninja and hide in the shadows stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
That is because I am pitt_ninja and hide in the shadows stick out tongue
FJ's supposed to make me one, but she keeps putting it off

Vegas

Strangelove

Rogue Jedi
here we go.

Vegas
I did, and they seem to support my point, not yours

Oh my god, is this a joke?

Please, read it properly.

Do not look at it, see it.

xXxPunkchickxXx
Oh what have i caused here.

Vegas
Unless you're arrogance in the form of a singular entity, don't blame yourself.

Röland
To briefly stop this argument I am going to post another Dane Cook quote.

That is all.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by Syren
wave

Hahahaha!

Strangelove
Oh my god, is this a joke?

Please, read it properly.

Do not look at it, see it. What you highlighted was "location taglines" and "new motto." I fail to see how this advances your point at all. I can only assume you mean to say that since it is a "new" motto, it completely disassembles my point. I beg to differ. My point has always been that the official motto of Las Vegas is "What happens here, stays here" as opposed to "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas." The quote I posted backs that up.

I assume that you are attacking my claim that Las Vegas originated the phrase in popular culture. My point is still valid. It was only recently, however that it was adopted as an official slogan for the city.

Still, I maintain that this is completely pointless, as the two slogans are interchangeable.

Storm
Ugh Vegas, Vegas, Vegas. As far as I' m concerned, Vegas can be hit in the pachanga.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Storm
Ugh Vegas, Vegas, Vegas. As far as I' m concerned, Vegas can be hit in the pachanga.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam. shock What on God's green earth is a pachanga?

Röland
shock What on God's green earth is a pachanga?

It's slang for face. ermm

Itzak
I've already made my introduction, so I figured I'd jump right into the basket. Hi, I'm Vegas. You can call me... Vegas. I like to play Cards; Particularly Poker and to be even more specific, I like to play Texas Hold 'em... But, Omaha or Seven Card Stud will do fine as well. This may sound bluntly arrogant, but I consider myself to be a true natural at any card game. I have a "thing" with cards... A fascination.

I'd like to get to know some of you. I'm willing to elaborate further about myself if you donate some information about YOURself.

T'sall for now.

.V E G A S.

Hello and welcome, Vegas. happy

Don't mind me, it's my job to excuse every newbie of being a sock. With that said...

SOCK!

And enjoy your stay. big grin

Not since he lives in Vegas.

It's kinda like calling Brazilian Nuts, Brazilian Nuts when you're in Brazil. People will think you're from out of town so they'll take advantage of you in every way possible. ermm

~Da Rev~
shock What on God's green earth is a pachanga? I believe its a spanish dish. shock

Vegas
Originally posted by Itzak
Hello and welcome, Vegas. happy

Don't mind me, it's my job to excuse every newbie of being a sock. With that said...

SOCK!

And enjoy your stay. big grin

Not since he lives in Vegas.

It's kinda like calling Brazilian Nuts, Brazilian Nuts when you're in Brazil. People will think you're from out of town so they'll take advantage of you in every way possible. ermm

Yeah, I live in Canada.

Vegas is my nickname.

Itzak
Yeah, I live in Canada.

Vegas is my nickname.

laughing out loud

Well welcome. w00t

Vegas
Much thanks.

Strangelove
Another Canadian?! eek!

Shelbert Lemon
Sweetness. I have 2 Canadian favs already... but there is always room for more.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Shelbert Lemon
Sweetness. I have 2 Canadian favs already... but there is always room for more. Scott and Vinny?

Röland
Another Canadian?! eek!

Yeah, they reproduce like roaches.

They can also survive a nuclear blast. ermm

=Tired Hiker=
I still think the saying should go like this . . . .

"Vegas . . . what happens here stains clothes." w00t

Leo.M
Why do I get the weird feeling his a sock. hmm

Vegas
Was that a question, or...?

And yes, us Canadians cannot be stopped.

Leo.M
I was just commenting on what I think.

I mean, how many new people that join KMC know what you can do? For instance, your profile. How long have you been on KMC? 1 day? And already you know how to center, put pictures, resize, and make quotes.

I know it doesn't seem like much or a big deal to do, but it's not every day a person that hasn't even been on here for more then 2 days, can do that.

MR.Grum

Vegas
Originally posted by Leo.M
I was just commenting on what I think.

I mean, how many new people that join KMC know what you can do? For instance, your profile. How long have you been on KMC? 1 day? And already you know how to center, put pictures, resize, and make quotes.

I know it doesn't seem like much or a big deal to do, but it's not every day a person that hasn't even been on here for more then 2 days, can do that.

Well, I'm not a retard; Following instructions cannot be that difficult, unless you're slow, of course. I'm not.

Leo.M
Well, I'm not a retard; Following instructions cannot be that difficult, unless you're slow, of course. I'm not.

I'm not saying you are. It's just... we don't see things like this. doped

Röland
eek!

Vegas
I can image on a forum peaked at over one hundred thousand people, you'd have an increasing amount of stupidity running rampant among these forums.

Leo.M
I can image on a forum peaked at over one hundred thousand people, you'd have an increasing amount of stupidity running rampant among these forums.

Yeah, we do. laughing

Vegas
Stupidity is like heroin; Makes you laugh and giggle at first and then after a certain amount of time, it effects you and makes you want to kill yourself.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.