Batman and Dr Doom Vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alfheim
Batman and Dr Doom get a weeks prep to beat Thanos. Thanos gets a day. Who wins?

roughrider
Thanos.

Alfheim
You sure Dr Doom isnt as smart as Thanos but he nearly is. Thanos has Dr Doom under constant survelliance. Batman has been able to outthink Darkseid at one point. They would be a deadly combination.

Soljer
Originally posted by Alfheim
You sure Dr Doom isnt as smart as Thanos but he nearly is.

No.

Thanos.

Alfheim
Well I guess they would need more than 7days. Ok they both get a month. Thanos gets a week. Who wins?

Kutulu
You sure Dr Doom isnt as smart as Thanos but he nearly is. Thanos has Dr Doom under constant survelliance. Batman has been able to outthink Darkseid at one point. They would be a deadly combination.

Dr. Doom is incredibly smart. Thanos is far smarter though. Thanos is possibly one of the most cunning of all of the Marvel villains. He has outsmarted Death, Galactus, in-betweener, all of the elders of the universe, Silver Surfer, etc..

DigiMark007
And there's a problem of what Doom would do with his prep exactly that would help him beat someone at Thanos' level. When he has been that powerful, it's always through a plot device like a Cosmic Cube or the Beyonder. Since those aren't readily at hand, what would he do?

Intelligence only goes so far when you don't have enough resources to match power.

Soljer
Well I guess they would need more than 7days. Ok they both get a month. Thanos gets a week. Who wins?

You realize that at first you gave the team seven times as much prep as Thanos.

Now you give them four times as much, and expect them to fare better? erm.

boriquaking55
Originally posted by Soljer

laughing laughing laughing 'Rithmatic FTW

Alfheim
Originally posted by Soljer

Oops.

grey fox
Doom would just go back in time and atomise Thanos's mom.

Insta-win big grin

roughrider

Batman outsmarted Darkseid once in COSMIC ODYSSEY, by having Dr. Fate keep an eye on him, and intercede at the right moment. On his own, not much he can offer besides guts.
The other time he crossed Darkseid, he was lucky to get away with his life, thanks to the scripting of Jeph Loeb.

BobbyD
Originally posted by DigiMark007

Intelligence only goes so far when you don't have enough resources to match power.

..well said. wink

Grimm22
Thanos's day of prep gives him the win here wink

If Doom had a month of prep, I can see him taking this, but with only a week and Thanos getting a day as well, I can't see Victor winning here

batdude123
Don't make me say the "m" word... shifty

Madvillain
Thanos

LordFear
Thanos

tkitna
Doom did steal Galactus's power so that sends tons of respect his way from me. With a week of prep,,,,Doom and Batman figure out every angle that Thanos would or could possibly take and then take him down somehow for the win.

(sounded good anyways)

ExtraMision5555
Why is batman even in this thread?

Innerhype
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
Why is batman even in this thread?

For his uber prep skills

big grin

bigbran
Originally posted by batdude123
Don't make me say the "m" word... shifty ... no...Originally posted by tkitna
Doom did steal Galactus's power so that sends tons of respect his way from me. With a week of prep,,,,Doom and Batman figure out every angle that Thanos would or could possibly take and then take him down somehow for the win.

(sounded good anyways) I have had to go over this again, and again, and again...
That was a future Doom that Beyonder plucked out of the time stream.
He was also shown how to steal Galactus's power.

How is he going to steal Thanos's power?

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Innerhype
For his uber prep skills

big grin
laughing out loud big grin

King Kandy
Thanos's tech is so much better that a day of prep for him is like a year for them.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by King Kandy
Thanos's tech is so much better that a day of prep for him is like a year for them.
i feel obligated to remind you how awsome that one thread was

the

"its under 20 cents so its not cannon"

gosh

everytime i thnk abou tthat i cant stop giggling

Priest
Thanos has constant surveillance on Doom 24/7..and that other guy is a non factor...
Thanos wins!

King Kandy

the

gosh

Thanks. I needed a lift.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by King Kandy
Thanks. I needed a lift. big grin big grin smile

Howard_Jones

the

gosh

That thread was gold.

Anywho, Thanos takes this.

bigbran

the

gosh

everytime i thnk abou tthat i cant stop giggling Ya, and Captain America isn't canon then!

(it was actually 50 cents... stick out tongue)

Alfheim
Originally posted by DigiMark007
And there's a problem of what Doom would do with his prep exactly that would help him beat someone at Thanos' level. When he has been that powerful, it's always through a plot device like a Cosmic Cube or the Beyonder. Since those aren't readily at hand, what would he do?

Yes but isnt the fact that he got hold of the cosmic cube a testament to how smart he is? Everybody keeps forgetting Batman as well..

Originally posted by roughrider
Dr. Fate keep an eye on him, and intercede at the right moment. On his own, not much he can offer besides guts.

Well ok but Batman now has Doom backing him up. Doom is also an expert at magic.

Originally posted by Priest
Thanos has constant surveillance on Doom 24/7..

Thanos will not be watching them in there 7 days of prep, if he was watching them that could be considered prep for Thanos. Thanos gets one day. You have missed an important point Thanos has Doom under constant surveillance because.....hes dangerous otherwise he would not have bothered. You put Batman in the mix and he becomes more dangerous

Originally posted by Priest

and that other guy is a non factor...

I see did you know that Batmans prep is good enough to beat the whole of the JLA? Do you think the whole JLA can defeat Thanos? You combine that prep with Doom's knowledge and you have a possible win.

xmarksthespot
Batman's prep stolen by Ra's in Tower of Babel only worked because Batman knew his teammates so well as to formulate specific traps for specific weaknesses. He only has basic knowledge of Thanos.

Doom and Batman die.

Avalonofthewind
Bats and Doom.

7 days of prep is a long time with the type of weaponry these 2 have access to.

As human go..these 2 are probably about as deadly as you can get.

Bentley
I agree, but with the day of prep Thanos is way deadlier. They would get a shot if there was no prep on Thanos side (and maybe more time), but they are far from equals to deal with him.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Bentley
I agree, but with the day of prep Thanos is way deadlier. They would get a shot if there was no prep on Thanos side (and maybe more time), but they are far from equals to deal with him.

To tell you the truth they probably still die but I thought I would discuss it. I think Thanos wins 8/10. I think it is possible for those two to pull off a couple of wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.