Which of these Marvel Characters would be the most even trade for Batman in the JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Alright you need Genius I.Q atleast athlete level reflexes speed strength agility good tech or the ability to make good tech and mediocore team skills.Lets also say they take over his life as far as a do gooder and the character has Waynes money to.

1.Beast
2.Black Panther
3.Ant Man
4.Foreginer
5.Spider-Man
6.Punisher
7.Kingpin
8.Bastion/X-Men

capt it up
black panther

Galan007
Id either pick BP or Spidey

Alfheim
Black Panther, he is a martial artist with hi tech knowledge with alot of resources, just like batman.

Metalmanx
Black Panther. He's basically a black, more wealthy Bruce Wayne with more resources.

batdude123
Originally posted by Metalmanx
more wealthy Bruce Wayne with more resources.

Uh.... no. What the f**k?

Anyway, you can't replace that goddamn BATMAN!!! What kind of shit is this??!!!

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by batdude123
Uh.... no. What the f**k?

Anyway, you can't replace that goddamn BATMAN!!! What kind of shit is this??!!! Wayne Enterprises richer than Wakanda?

batdude123
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Wayne Enterprises richer than Wakanda?

He's probably wealthier than Bruce, but that's about it.

lorddreamer
As well as stronger, faster, cooler... his wifey is sexier than anyone Bruce has aver even met. His suit does more stuff. (Other than things people say it might possibly potentially do. In a what if.) And JLA needs more kings in its rank.
Spidey wouldnt cut it because, well... as a hero on the ground, he's got mad chops, but playing against big leaguers, he ain't sayin much. Bats and Pnather both come up with stuff to take down people they cant beat up... Spidey just sorta... believes in the heart of the cards (yea, that's a Yu-Gi-Oh reference. I'm still cool)

batdude123
Originally posted by lorddreamer
As well as stronger, faster, cooler... his wifey is sexier than anyone Bruce has aver even met. His suit does more stuff. (Other than things people say it might possibly potentially do. In a what if.) And JLA needs more kings in its rank.

Um... Batman has a lot more gadgets, and is smarter than T'Challa is.

The JLA doesn't need more royalty in their ranks, btw. They've got WW and Arthur...

capt it up
standerd equptment I gunna put my money on black panther in a fight. How ever batman better with prep. so over all there pritty even trade

Soljer

The JLA doesn't need more royalty in their ranks, btw. They've got WW and Arthur...

And is quite a bit more skilled than T'Challa.

capt it up
Originally posted by Soljer
And is quite a bit more skilled than T'Challa.
not so sure about that. black panther has handed capt his ass.

Soljer
Originally posted by capt it up
not so sure about that. black panther has handed capt his ass.

roll eyes (sarcastic) So has the kingpin.

masterbruce
Batman is the one irreplaceable guy on the JLA.

lorddreamer

Right... I mean, Bats probly does have more gadgets on him, I never said he doesnt. What I meant to say was that BP's suit has more actually useful stuff. Vibranium armor, for example.
And that royalty bit was a pretty obvious joke...
I dunno about who's more skilled, but this isnt really a versus. Bats goes, who replaces him. That's the question. My answer is BP for the reasons I gave.

batdude123
standerd equptment I gunna put my money on black panther in a fight.

Really now...

You ever see BP have a teleporting device in his equipment?

http://img241.imageshack.us/my.php?image=batmanteleportingoh1.jpg

Soljer
Right... I mean, Bats probly does have more gadgets on him, I never said he doesnt. What I meant to say was that BP's suit has more actually useful stuff. Vibranium armor, for example.
And that royalty bit was a pretty obvious joke...
I dunno about who's more skilled, but this isnt really a versus. Bats goes, who replaces him. That's the question. My answer is BP for the reasons I gave.

Vibranium armor? Hasn't batman's suit protected him from a punch from superman before? And hasn't Batman's suit temporarily withstood the vacuum of space?

erm.

batdude123
Vibranium armor? Hasn't batman's suit protected him from a punch from superman before? And hasn't Batman's suit temporarily withstood the vacuum of space?

erm.

And J'onn and Grundy and Wonder Woman etc. etc. etc.

Soljer
And J'onn and Grundy and Wonder Woman etc. etc. etc.

Meh, Superman punches a bit harder than Jonn or Diana. I was just listing the MOST impressive feat.

lorddreamer
Well, see, I didn't now that. The only time I'd ever heard of Bats taking Supe's punishment was times when he was fully prepared. But... meh.
Anyway, I'm sure Batman could take out BlackPanther, that's not what I'm trying to argue about. Why are you acting like I'm attacking Bats' credibility or something? All I'm saying is that BP would replace Batman better than Kingpin, Antman or Punisher. If you disagree, that's cool. Whom do you vote for?

batdude123
Well, see, I didn't now that. The only time I'd ever heard of Bats taking Supe's punishment was times when he was fully prepared. But... meh.
Anyway, I'm sure Batman could take out BlackPanther, that's not what I'm trying to argue about. Why are you acting like I'm attacking Bats' credibility or something? All I'm saying is that BP would replace Batman better than Kingpin, Antman or Punisher. If you disagree, that's cool. Whom do you vote for?

I vote nobody. The goddamn Batman is IRREPLACEABLE!!!!

Soljer
Nightwing wouldn't be a bad replacement, wink.

lorddreamer
I vote nobody. The goddamn Batman is IRREPLACEABLE!!!!

I agree, but that's not the topic... It's of these people, who'd be the best replacement.
And Nightwing isn't in that list. But I'm done arguing about this when you guys don't seem to get it.

I vote BP.

Soljer
I agree, but that's not the topic... It's of these people, who'd be the best replacement.
And Nightwing isn't in that list. But I'm done arguing about this when you guys don't seem to get it.

I vote BP.

I didn't say anything about nightwing being on the list. He isn't even a marvel character. I was just trying to think who might be able to replace Batman.

Deathstroke would make a GOOD ****ing batman.

If he wasn't, you know, a criminal and all.

Howard_Jones
Really now...

Pretty sure BP could take stuff from the New Gods as well.

batdude123
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Pretty sure BP could take stuff from the New Gods as well.

That isn't New God tech.

TheGreenJordan
Everybody loves vibranium lol...BP would make a good trade but hes no bats.

capt it up
Really now...

remeber how I said standered equiptment

batdude123
remeber how I said standered equiptment

The thing is on his belt....

It isn't something extra he carries along.

Accel
How often does he use it? If he only used it that one time, I'm inclined to believe it is just something he only carries during certain times.

batdude123
Originally posted by Accel
How often does he use it? If he only used it that one time, I'm inclined to believe it is just something he only carries during certain times.

I believe he's used it other times as well.

But the thing is ON his belt. It's not something he carries around as an extra device when he fights somebody. It's programmed ON his utility belt.

marvelprince
Batman fan love aside, from the list T'challa is the best match

BTW, in that pic that was the JLA teleporter Bruce used at the time. All the leaguers had em, nothing special

lorddreamer
I didn't say anything about nightwing being on the list. He isn't even a marvel character. I was just trying to think who might be able to replace Batman.

Deathstroke would make a GOOD ****ing batman.

If he wasn't, you know, a criminal and all.

My bad, dude. So.. of the guys on this list, whom do you choose? Yeah, DS would be a perfect B2

capt it up
The thing is on his belt....

It isn't something extra he carries along.
there a lot fo things on his belt that show up one issue and not another. it clearly not standard equiptment

ExtraMision5555
Honestly, you all know darn well a teleporter is not a part of batmans standard equipment

why is everyone getting so sensative in this thread?
rofl

its purely hypothetical

anyways
with that said,
BP would probably be the most proportionate trade for most of the reasons people here allready stated

Howard_Jones
That isn't New God tech.

Huh. Coulda swore that one was. Or was it the time machine he swiped from them?

Tony Stark
I think it's obvious isn't it...?

Sabretooth
Although nobody is truly a good replacement for Batman, Black Panther is the best choice from those available. This thread brings up an interesting point: While there are several Superman rip-offs, there really aren't many decent good Batman rip-offs. The formula is a good one, so why hasn't anybody really copied it? Sure there was Nighthawk from Earth-S, but he was in intentionally similar to Batman. Nightman is just stupid. Who would be the equivalent of Superman's "Sentry" for Batman?

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Sabretooth
Although nobody is truly a good replacement for Batman, Black Panther is the best choice from those available. This thread brings up an interesting point: While there are several Superman rip-offs, there really aren't many decent good Batman rip-offs. The formula is a good one, so why hasn't anybody really copied it? Sure there was Nighthawk from Earth-S, but he was in intentionally similar to Batman. Nightman is just stupid. Who would be the equivalent of Superman's "Sentry" for Batman?

truthfully, thier isint really one

tony stark has SOME similar aspects, but in his entirety they are definately not counterparts

batman is just, too hoord
Arousing, if you wil.

Brutacus
Night Thrasher made a good start, or was on his way to become a batman rip-off:
both his parents where killed, like batmans, NT took over his parents company, so he's pretty rich, and trained with the best trainers around the world.
Extremely skilled hand-to-hand combatant, and master in an as-yet-unspecified Japanese martial art.
Athletic prowess and fighting ability are par excellence he's suppose to be a peak human like batman.
And

He's also pretty smart he made his own battle Armor, with all kinds of gadgets on it.

but well he's deceased

db_renji
Black Panther. He has more resource and plans for everything, almost never surprised. He took out Mephisto with ease b/c he was prepared for him and then beat him in his own territory. Please, respect BP. His planning ability is equal to if not outclassing Bats. His fighting skill is equal too or just a little less than that of Bats. His suit is much greater than that of Bats, Bat's isn't even bullet proof only bullet resistant that's why he has been shot on more than one occasion. While BP's, has taken a barrage of bullets from AK's at pointblank. Bp's armor can also withstand multiple attacks from the Iron Fist.

I love the entire Bat family, but BP is more than a good enough trade.

(For anyone who disagrees check out either the Priest Run on BP or BP respect thread.)

golem370
I think Bastion would be the coolest

Bastion- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastion_%28comics%29

golem370
Gremlin as a weird suggestion

Gremlin/Titanium Man/Waynes Money- http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/g/gremlin.htm

or

Cyclops

or

Forge

or

Professor Hulk

or

Wizard

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by masterbruce
Batman is the one irreplaceable guy on the JLA. Actually he's the most replaceable:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=417768

Grimm22
Out of these, probobly T'Challa

The main difference between the two is that T'Challa is smarter and has Cap level stats

seaapple
Some claim that Moon Knight is a Batman rip-off. His first series was really well written and was a quality comic. I wasn't so into the second series, but I've heard good things about the new one.

I actually prefer Moon Knight to Batman because of the Egyptian mythology, and...I have to admit it...the better costume (IMHO). Even though I prefer Moon Knight personally, I would say he is not as great a hero as Batman because his story is more convoluted and because Batman is the original.

He is closer to the original Batman in spirit than even Black Panther is (I like Black Panther very much too). Moon Knight is more street level and gritty. Rich, but he doesn't own a country. He has gadgets, but more down to earth gadgets than high technology.

He is more like the "Dark Knight" Batman. I prefer that Batman to the super-genius level Batman that takes punches from Superman, outwits cosmics, and has unlimited resources. I actually prefer a Batman who could not make a suit like Iron Man, who could not teleport, who could not get cosmic level items. The reason? He was a gritty hero who showed the limits of what a regular person could do, and was more about mood than super abilities.

Moon Knight is similarly about mood.

If we are replacing the Dark Knight Batman, then I vote Moon Knight. If we are replacing the high powered Justice League Batman, then Black Panther.

Batman is a great hero, I think part of respecting him is respecting what makes him great. Not just always asserting that he is the best at everything.

Batman is the prototype for a certain type of character. In that he is irreplaceable.

Originally posted by Sabretooth

Soljer
Originally posted by Grimm22
Out of these, probobly T'Challa

The main difference between the two is that T'Challa is smarter and has Cap level stats

Never really seen a feat from T'Challa that I couldn't see Bruce pulling off.

And, T'Challa smarter than Bruce? Only if he's being written by Hudlin....

marvelprince

Could be because Bruce is more exposed than T'Challa.

Plus I could say the same for Bruce. I've seen nothing he's done that T'Challa can't do

Soljer
Originally posted by marvelprince
Could be because Bruce is more exposed than T'Challa.

Plus I could say the same for Bruce. I've seen nothing he's done that T'Challa can't do

Physically? Sure. I'm not saying that Bruce is any stronger or faster than T'Challa, just that the Panther is likewise not any stronger or faster than Bruce.

Intellectually? Bruce is on a whole 'nother level. Especially in his JLA and Superman/Batman titles.

captian13
marvel dose not need batman stick out tongue

marvelprince
Physically? Sure. I'm not saying that Bruce is any stronger or faster than T'Challa, just that the Panther is likewise not any stronger or faster than Bruce.

Intellectually? Bruce is on a whole 'nother level. Especially in his JLA and Superman/Batman titles.

Panther is stronger and faster than Bruce. His herb basically is an equivilant of the SSS.

Intectually though I would give it to Bruce, but its not half as lopsided as you think. Batman's taken down the JLA, Panther's taken down the FF. Batman imo is superior in this aspect but its not at all a curbstop

Soljer
Panther is stronger and faster than Bruce. His herb basically is an equivilant of the SSS.

Intectually though I would give it to Bruce, but its not half as lopsided as you think. Batman's taken down the JLA, Panther's taken down the FF. Batman imo is superior in this aspect but its not at all a curbstop

Panther is faster and stronger than Bruce? Show me ONE feat of Panther's that Wayne couldn't pull off.

I don't care if, by bios, T'Challa is 'peak human' and the same cannot be said for bruce, I care by panels, comics, and scans.

Bruce has done anything that T'Challa has, and arguably, more.

don't shiv
Batman can only be replaced by the likes of
Cable, Seth, Midnighter, Magneto, Karate Kid, Danger, Nimrod Dr Strange... The High Evolutionary

don't shiv
Batman's greatest asset is MIND PIWER

as such his replacement must be hardcore enough to pull of stunts like laugh at Magentos the Celestial who was only trying to mindrape the Justice League as an appettizer and eat Creation for dinner

marvelprince
Panther is faster and stronger than Bruce? Show me ONE feat of Panther's that Wayne couldn't pull off.

I don't care if, by bios, T'Challa is 'peak human' and the same cannot be said for bruce, I care by panels, comics, and scans.

Bruce has done anything that T'Challa has, and arguably, more.

You can only argue that Bruce has more feats cause he in fact has more, in terms of quantity. He's a much popular character so of course he's gonna have more examples to go by.

Just look at any fight with Panther and Captain America for examples of BP's skills.

Soljer
You can only argue that Bruce has more feats cause he in fact has more, in terms of quantity. He's a much popular character so of course he's gonna have more examples to go by.

Just look at any fight with Panther and Captain America for examples of BP's skills.

Quantity? Sure. Absolutely.

Doesn't mean the quality would be the same - where is your excuse for that? erm.

I've never seen T'Challa do something that Batman couldn't. I HAVE seen PLENTY of much less popular characters do things that Bruce couldn't though. Your reasoning really can't apply across the board. erm.

don't shiv
vision

The Jla is a finely balanced team .
In a group with powerhouses Batman's searing intellect and enhanced Cerebral Cortex are more valuable than his fighting skills

Case in Point Batman Beat Darkseid with Detective SKills Science Strategy forcing Darkseid to renounce Supergirl in Superman/Batman Supergirl.

\

don't shiv
I Read both Panther and Batman, JLA in trade and IF ANYONE THINKS PANTHER CAN COVER FOR Batman they're RIGHT.

Panther could cover for a day or two
REPLACE the Bat long term... NO

In a Crisis the Bat is THE Go To Guy.

Mind Power

golem370
Wasn't Spider-Man also once the go to guy

golem370
How about Batwing or

Nighthawk- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nighthawk_%28Supreme_Power%29

Or Taskmaster

or Deadpool.

lorddreamer
Taskmaster is as good in the feild, but as the 'go to guy' I don't think so. Its all about BP baby!!

Soljer
Taskmaster? In a fight, sure. Besides that?

Deadpool? Again, in a fight? Sure.

But...seriously...Deadpool? In Gotham?

I'd love to see him interact with the Joker.

lorddreamer
dude Deadpool would take one look at Joker and shoot him between the eyes. Problem solved.

Realistically, what about Hush?? from Hush. He was pretty much called the evil-Batman. He managed to take out Bruce in such a nutso fashion that Bruce didnt catch on till like a week later. Well...not really, but yea: Hush

Soljer
dude Deadpool would take one look at Joker and shoot him between the eyes. Problem solved.

Realistically, what about Hush?? from Hush. He was pretty much called the evil-Batman. He managed to take out Bruce in such a nutso fashion that Bruce didnt catch on till like a week later. Well...not really, but yea: Hush

I didn't mean "I'd love to see Deadpool try to fight the joker" implying that Deadpool would have trouble with him.

I meant that the dialogue between the Joker and Deadpool would be insane.

lorddreamer
I didn't mean "I'd love to see Deadpool try to fight the joker" implying that Deadpool would have trouble with him.

I meant that the dialogue between the Joker and Deadpool would be insane.

I know. And it would go like this: *cackle* *bam* *snicker* stick out tongue Honostly that would beome a hilarious mini-series and eventually die over into a couple hilarious meetngs here and there when DP tries to killJoker, who sorta manages to skip out of the way of flying bullets.

Darth Vegas
Black Panther

spetznaz
The only person listed who could viably replace Bruce (at least to a large extent) would be Black Panther.

T'Challa is essentially a Bruce Wayne/Batman analogue in Marvel. While he was not originally created as an analogue, over the years he turned into a Batman doppelganger (currently he is essentially Marvel's Batman).

He has the smarts, he has the technology, he has the skills and prowess, and most importantly he has the 'on-off switch' that allows him to instantly turn dark at will. Remember that Batman is not essentially a 'good guy' .....he is quite literally an extremely dark malevolent person who has decided to do good. He is not a moral person (like WW or Superman) ...Batman is amoral (he is not moral nor is he immoral ....he is amoral, without a moral code with the closest thing coming to it being the Bushido code of Giri and Gimi). Batman does good and is a warrior of light, but that is solely by choice. He could be one of the worst villains out there in a picosecond!

Same about T'Challa. The guy is also amoral. He has no problem taking down his entire team (like Batman), he has formulated ways of doing exactly that (like Batman), and his moral fiber would allow him to do so without him losing a second of sleep (like Batman).

The only moral tendrils both have are towards close family (be it biological or adopted). Everyone else lives in an 'outside zone' where things are quite amorphous.

T'Challa could replace Batman without that much of a difference (and Batman could also replace T'Challa). The funny thing is that if Batman was to wear T'Challa's costumer (and not speak), and T'Challa was to wear Batman's costume (and somehow cover his face), no one in either team would know that a switch had occured.

The only thing I'd give to Batman over T'Challa is Batman's ability to think very many steps ahead. Now, T'Challa also does the same ....but Batman is on another level on this regard.
In the Obsidian age series Batman was basically thinking several MILLENIA in advance, and IT WORKED!

All in all the only one who can replace Bruce is T'Challa. All the other people either do not have the mental adeptness and flexibility, the physical training, the tactical and strategic planning abilities, the technological resources (note T'Challa has Wakandan tech, and Bruce has the best money can buy as well as a couple extra-terrestrial 'surprises' going for him) or the connections. Most importantly none of the others have the mental/moral structure of Batman and T'Challa.

Take Slade (who was not listed). He is an amazingly effective fighter, he is ruthless, he is skilled and he has resources. But he simply couldn't fill Batman's (or BPs) shoes.
Or Shiva. Amazing martial artist, but she couldn't do it.
Replacing Batman isn' about skills or strength or ability. If it was then a human wouldn't be in the JLA (where everyone else is basically a god).
Neither is it about intellect (Luthor or Reed Richards etc couldn't be in the JLA .....JLA already has some pretty intelligent people, eg Martian Manhunter, although this ability is seldom protrayed, is actually extremely smart).
It is about having everything together ......and then having that something extra.

To which extent Batman is Super Man (more of the principle of 'ubermensch' than even Kal-El .....Batman is the super man since he has taken his natural abilities to the next step. Superman on the other hand was simply born with his powers due to his alien heritage).

The only person on the list who is also a 'super man' is T'Challa. And he could replace Batman more or less (and vice-versa).

The others (eg Beast, Punisher, Spiderman etc) would literally get LAUGHED out of the JLA. (Take Spidey ....a great character, but in the JLA he would bring NOTHING to the table. Strength ....even Aquaman is far stronger than Spidey. Speed ....in the face of MM, WW, SM and Flash ...and even Aquaman can speedblitz. Actually Aquaman is a great discussion point on the JLA ....Aquaman is a very powerful character, but in the face of his peers in the JLA Aquaman appears weak in comparison. His telepathy, speed, strength, durability, fighting ability are all at very high levels, but compared to the telepathy of MM, the speed of the Flash, the strength of WonderWoman, the durability of Superman etc then his abilities significantly pale. Now imagine a character like Spiderman, who would primarily bring in physical abilities, being compared to the types of characters in the JLA. Spiderman, while being a very effective character, wouldn't even make it through the back door!).

Only T'Challa can replace Batman.

ExtraMision5555
EDIT: nm

Soujaboy
Black Panther

don't shiv
BLACK PANTHER isn't as Nasty or sneaky.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by don't shiv

Woah woah woah.

no

That is completely false.

marvelprince
Originally posted by don't shiv

Isn't this the same Black Panther who joined the Avengers in order to spy on them?

LordFear

Panther is not only savvy in prep and scheming for battles but in the political arena he is unmatched. Doom recognizes his skills and has alluded to how brilliant and manipulative he is. Panther has even outwitted Tony and the United Nations and controlled momentarily the global market. This guy is a brain.

don't shiv
Doom says many things. he should get a solo title.

Grimm22

Ummm... no expression

No

T'Challa is one of the smartest guys in the MU. Sure he's no Reed or Doom, but I wouldn't put him much below Iron Man intelligence

And T'Challa's stats are amped from a magic fruit, basicly the african super soldier serum

golem370
How about Flag Smasher or Deadpool

spetznaz
Originally posted by golem370
How about Flag Smasher or Deadpool

The thing about a Batman replacement is that the focal point isn't on physical abilities. If it were then there would be a host of characters who could easily fill the spot. Comicdom is rife with meta/super/hyper characters who can easily provide sufficient power stats to the game.

Then there is also the mental aspect. Again, that is not the only thing to look at. There are many characters (although nowhere as many as those who are merely 'dumb bricks') who have sufficient mental capacity to pass their SATs. Some can even write an essay! However we are not talking about brains and nothing else here .....which is whypeople like Reed couldn't get a position in the JLA. All they have to offer is brains, and that makes them too uni-dimensional for th Justice League (although it makes them perfect for the F4 or X-men, who tend to have one-trick ponies as I explained in an earlier post on another thread).

Most of the characters in the JLA are quite oni-dimensional (i.e having a diverse power set in a single individual ...eg characters like the martian manhunter and superman are basically entire X-men teams put into one individual when it comes to powersets. ....take MM: super-speed, super-strength, phasing/density alteration, high-order telepathy, heat vision, force breath, x-ray vision, high-order shapeshifting and size augmentation, high intellect). Thus a 'one-trick pony' would find it quite rough in the JLA (even characters like Aquaman have a set of abilities).

Now ...a Batman replacement.

It is not about strength, or skill, or brains .....or even the moral 'flexibility' I was talking about.
It is about ALL OF THOSE and MORE .....something that only ONE character listed from Marvel or DC can be able to accomplish, and accomplish well.

Black Panther.

That is the only guy who could technically replace Batman and not cause too many things to go wrong.

People like Deadpool would probably find themselves thrown into the coldness of space by one of the GLs in the JLA (although that wouldn't happen since a character like Deadpool wouldn't even be allowed anywhere near the Watchtower ....he couldn't qualify).

lorddreamer
^ Totally agree Spetznaz!!! Obviously Bats isnt around for his speed, strength, brains or his tech!!! The replacement can't only have one, he'd need all of them, plus a bunch more stuff that comes in handy at random times i.e. political power(BP has that) quick wit (BP) capability to think far outside the box, a black, nocturnal animal as their symbol, etc... BP has everything, maybe not all at the same level, but... pretty damn close!

K3VIL
Black Panther is the one who can fit that role.

xmarksthespot
Overall if the other members of the JLA didn't have their IQs lowered by about 50 points by being in the presence of Batman, he'd be pretty redundant, so under that premise many characters would be an even trade for Batman...

marvelprince
Originally posted by spetznaz
The thing about a Batman replacement is that the focal point isn't on physical abilities. If it were then there would be a host of characters who could easily fill the spot. Comicdom is rife with meta/super/hyper characters who can easily provide sufficient power stats to the game.

Then there is also the mental aspect. Again, that is not the only thing to look at. There are many characters (although nowhere as many as those who are merely 'dumb bricks') who have sufficient mental capacity to pass their SATs. Some can even write an essay! However we are not talking about brains and nothing else here .....which is whypeople like Reed couldn't get a position in the JLA. All they have to offer is brains, and that makes them too uni-dimensional for th Justice League (although it makes them perfect for the F4 or X-men, who tend to have one-trick ponies as I explained in an earlier post on another thread).

Most of the characters in the JLA are quite oni-dimensional (i.e having a diverse power set in a single individual ...eg characters like the martian manhunter and superman are basically entire X-men teams put into one individual when it comes to powersets. ....take MM: super-speed, super-strength, phasing/density alteration, high-order telepathy, heat vision, force breath, x-ray vision, high-order shapeshifting and size augmentation, high intellect). Thus a 'one-trick pony' would find it quite rough in the JLA (even characters like Aquaman have a set of abilities).

Now ...a Batman replacement.

It is not about strength, or skill, or brains .....or even the moral 'flexibility' I was talking about.
It is about ALL OF THOSE and MORE .....something that only ONE character listed from Marvel or DC can be able to accomplish, and accomplish well.

Black Panther.

That is the only guy who could technically replace Batman and not cause too many things to go wrong.

People like Deadpool would probably find themselves thrown into the coldness of space by one of the GLs in the JLA (although that wouldn't happen since a character like Deadpool wouldn't even be allowed anywhere near the Watchtower ....he couldn't qualify).

^Quoted for truth^

golem370
Well in my opinion Batman is still alive only by the writers whim

MR.Grum
winter soldier

don't shiv
MR TERRIFFIC JSA is Technically way superior to Panther.

Terriffic could replace T'Challa comfortably.

seaapple
Puck

MR.Grum
Originally posted by seaapple
Puck love your sig laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.