Nintendo DS life span

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ricodrayz
I love this system and it is like the best selling thing ever! I wonder when it will start to die and they make another handheld like gamboy w/e is next.... I don't want the DS to get old sad lol I am tired of spending money on new systems/handhelds every couple years. So yeah, how long do you think the DS will last? Also, how long did the Gameboy color and so on last..

BackFire
It will last a while. The Gameboy Advance is still alive and kicking, and that came out like 5 years ago.

Ricodrayz
Originally posted by BackFire
It will last a while. The Gameboy Advance is still alive and kicking, and that came out like 5 years ago. Well the DS plays Gba games so the advance games will be alive on the Ds but the regular system sad.

HMM, will the next Nintendo gb play Ds games lol or will that be way to hard to add. evil face

Lana
I still don't think the GBA's even going anywhere for a while yet. There's still games being released for that.

DS will probably last a good while.

Ricodrayz
Good droolio Anyone have a problem with them making the same system over 10 times and you feel like a moron by having the old version?

Forget the Gb, Gb color(Understandable), Gb micro, Gb pocket, Gb skin colors or w/e
GBA, GBASP, Ds, DS Lite.

Must they do that lol

Lana
Hey, around my house we have a GB, GB Color, 2 GBA, and now a DS Lite.

My brother and sister like handhelds, the DS is the first handheld that I've actually owned.

InnerRise
I still don't have a DS Lite.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Ricodrayz
Originally posted by Lana
Hey, around my house we have a GB, GB Color, 2 GBA, and now a DS Lite.

My brother and sister like handhelds, the DS is the first handheld that I've actually owned. lol you ever try selling the old ones? I dn how much they will sell for but all together could buy a DS which plays the old games anyway.

Ushgarak
Well, even Nintendo themselves are surprised by the longevity of the DS, which was merely an experiment when first done.

They'll keep it on the boil for a good while yet, and a huge amount of developers are making games for it (admittedly a good three quarters of which are medicore at best).

I;m interested to see where they go with Wii connectivity.

Ricodrayz
Yeah, I heard they cancelled the next gamboy a while back which was suppose to come out already because they didn't want to hurt DS sales because it was doing so good.

H. S. 6
I believe Nintendo is confident that the GBA even still has another holiday season, at least.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Ricodrayz
Good droolio Anyone have a problem with them making the same system over 10 times and you feel like a moron by having the old version?

Forget the Gb, Gb color(Understandable), Gb micro, Gb pocket, Gb skin colors or w/e
GBA, GBASP, Ds, DS Lite.

Must they do that lol

Please I don't feel like an idiot for having the old DS while everyone else has a DS lite. Basically they just spent another $150 or so on the DS lite while I just bought 2 more games for it.

Final Fantasy III DS
Kirby Squek Squad

Frankly I would rather have the games then a smaller DS.

MR.Grum
its every five years they make a new seystem and they make games for those systems for 6-7 years ...... i know this

Ricodrayz
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Please I don't feel like an idiot for having the old DS while everyone else has a DS lite. Basically they just spent another $150 or so on the DS lite while I just bought 2 more games for it.

Final Fantasy III DS
Kirby Squek Squad

Frankly I would rather have the games then a smaller DS. I didn't say you would have to get one but while everyone else has the smaller, better looking, stylus enhanced and all around better to hold..oh and the light differences are alot lol, teh games look way better on the Ds lite. So everyone has a Ds lite and you have the Jurrasic park edition.

Smasandian
I have no problem about having the old DS.

Why do I need to upgrade?

Sure, Lite is better than the old DS...but I can still play the old DS.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.