The Alphabet Killer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deathbycorn
Directed by none other than Rob Schmidt of Wrong Turn.

Based on the true story of the double initial killings in Rochester, NY.

Eliza Dushku, Bill Moseley, Tom Noonan, Michael Ironside are in it.

"The Alphabet Killer"

Loosely based on the unsolved 1970s Alphabet Murders in Rochester, NY - which claimed the lives on three girls, all having the same first letter in their names as the town their bodies were discovered - Rob Schmidt ("Wrong Turn"wink directs this thriller about a detective assigned to the case who hopes solving it will eliminate the troubles in her personal life.

A fan of the true-crime genre, Schmidt jumped to the chance to direct the project after screenwriter Tom Malloy passed him the script. What he was most taken by when reading it was the plight of the main character, Megan (played by Eliza Dushku). "She has to witness all this pain and try to prevent it and the weight is too great for her and she cracks," Schmidt says while taking a break from scouting locations in Rochester. "It's a very grim story about misery, but it's also about a woman trying to fix herself and I think the audience will be sympathetic to her."

In preparing for production Schmidt has familiarized himself with the case and has tracked down the most recent investigator on the case. He also interviewed current Rochester detectives and investigators.

But Schmidt admits not everyone in Rochester is happy that they're making the movie. "There are some people in the community that would prefer that it not get brought up again," he says. "Families of the victims are still living in the area and I think for them it's an unending heartbreak. But hopefully attention from this will bring new interest or leads in solving the case."

Produced by Wideye Films ("The Attic"wink, filming begins this month and it will be shot on 35mm.

xblanex
At first i thought you said it was directed by rob schneider

LOL

dave_kodak
Bill Moseley... he is awesome, loved him in Crash and Burn.
hmm so "The Alphabet Killer" huh... i dont think i've heard the real story. have to look around for it.

Espantada23
Originally posted by xblanex
At first i thought you said it was directed by rob schneider

LOL
LMFAO laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.